Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Dec 7, 2014 1:36 PM

May 2014
WHAT!?!?!?! Why Tatsumi doe :
I don't want tatsumi, akame, leone or najenda to die....
I guess Tatsumi is dead UNLESS some kind of magical shit brings him back to life...
Dec 7, 2014 1:38 PM

Nov 2013
Someone please tell me the manga isn't this bad? This reminds me of SnK and how everyone just dies. Are they trying to troll us or what?

Dec 7, 2014 1:40 PM
Jun 2014
prez-anna said:
Someone please tell me the manga isn't this bad? This reminds me of SnK and how everyone just dies. Are they trying to troll us or what?

The manga is actually really good.
Dec 7, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2008
prez-anna said:

Anime stopped following the manga after the end of the Seryuu fight
Dec 7, 2014 1:43 PM

Oct 2012
Tatsumi is kill? 11/10. Anime is now objectively better than the Manga.
Dec 7, 2014 1:44 PM

Sep 2012
So Tatsumi activated his Shining Finger, he's the new King of Hearts.. I actually heard the dialogue as the episode went on LOL

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power! Its burning grip tells me to defeat you! Take this! My love, my anger, and all of my sorrow! Shining Finger!"
OumaShuKunDec 7, 2014 1:48 PM
Dec 7, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2014
I give credit for killing Tatsumi I never thought White Fox would do it
Dec 7, 2014 1:50 PM
Dec 2014
Akame eyes in the review reminded me of Tokyo ghoul, i guess it is the trump card, but does she really have a trump card in the manga or it was just a bluff?
Dec 7, 2014 1:51 PM

Oct 2014
Levoltour said:
Akame eyes in the review reminded me of Tokyo ghoul, i guess it is the trump card, but does she really have a trump card in the manga or it was just a bluff?

Of course she does she is the MC
Dec 7, 2014 1:51 PM

Jul 2014
Just when I thought the episode would end with no one dying. Guess I should've known with how there's been deaths every episodes for the past several episodes.
Dec 7, 2014 1:53 PM

Oct 2014
Not that I'm disappointed but why is Esdeath getting involved
Dec 7, 2014 1:53 PM
Jun 2014
Levoltour said:

There was none revealed in the manga so far, although the thing with IAs having trump card probably applies.
Dec 7, 2014 1:54 PM
Jun 2014
Inori_is_love said:

Why wouldn't she?
Dec 7, 2014 1:55 PM

Oct 2014
Accelevi said:
Inori_is_love said:

Why wouldn't she?

The Emperor has fallen and Tatsumi is dead there is no point

May 2009
Sourire said:
bastek66 said:

It's not my fault it's full of shiteaters, just look at this episode rating.
yeah I just avoid looking at ratings after black bullet was praised by many, I just don't get this community.

Because it had promising start. Shows that have weak start and get vastly better later are ignored here and have ridiculously low rating (supposedly, I never check it).

Oct 2013
Awesome!!! Amazing episode, never thought this would turn better than the manga!!!
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
''OMFG PEOPLE RUN THERE'S A GIANT MECHA FALLING DON'T STAY HERE LOOKING AT IT''
''HOW THE FUCK THIS LITTLE SHIT DIDNT DIED THERE WAS EXPLOSIONS EVERYWHERE''

That was pretty much me during this episode
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 7, 2014 1:56 PM
Dec 2014
Inori_is_love said:
Levoltour said:

Of course she does she is the MC

Well a one hit one kill weapon is already powerful enough, but maybe the cost of his trump card is his life.
Dec 7, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2009
prez-anna said:

What? Berely relevant people died in SnK.
Dec 7, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2014
It's not like the manga was any better.
May 2014
Well fuck the esdeath-tatsumi end is over lol.

The episode showed tatsumi resolve and did express it well. His death was inevittable after taking those destructful shots from the emperor. It weakened him heaps. Wave helped as well which was also nice.

Leone and run will have more scenes next ep.

Last ep is akame v esdeath. Hopefully akame spares her instead of killinkg her with her trump card. She hasnt done wrong tbh. But since anime title is 'killing akame' i believe in the end shes will be a survivor. 1 ep left.
SKYflareDec 7, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2013
dedeogbe said:
It was an ok episode. The whole thing where they kill a member of the main cast each episode is pretty tedious. And for people defending the anime, i don't understand how you can even portray this is as a good show/adaptation. Compared to others that came out this year it's mediocre at best. The animation for this episode was solid, the script and content was poor, which is a shame. It reminded me of the Soul Eater finale with the 'fist of courage' bullshit. In other words it's bad writing, plain and simple. Either way we'll see how well they execute the final fight next week. They usually animate Akame's sword fights well so it should at least be entertaining.

I agree. It's basically become like Aldnoah Zero now for me. Fun to watch, but horrible on paper.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"

May 2014
can they all end up fighting esdeath and tatsumi is only asleep but weak?idk, i just want him to live.
ALSO
anime and manga are completely different. i love both versions of akame ga kill
When people see good they expect good, and i don't want to live up to anyone's expectations.

Jul 2014
this is definitely one of my top five anime of all time.
Dec 7, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2014
dethunter13 said:
ya i love this anime AND the manga
When people see good they expect good, and i don't want to live up to anyone's expectations.
Dec 7, 2014 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Deus ex machina shooting lasors, how lame xD
lmoa rip Tatsumi, no more Tatsumi ga Kill? Even the episode will be titled Akame ga Kill. Kappa

May 2012
Well then...

I felt like this episode was a mix of Super Sonic, Superman and Dragon Ball. As ridiculous as it was, it was a bit sad to actually see Tatsumi die.

I'm really glad I finally picked up the manga. It's at least a bit better than the anime for sure.

Welp, let's see how the last episode is.

Aug 2011
No way...I know over half of Night Raid has died, but main character dying...not sure if a miracle will happen next episode or if this is for real O_O
Dec 7, 2014 2:02 PM

Jul 2014
PhysiquedParrot said:
dethunter13 said:
i love the people talking mad crap on this since it didnt follow the manga well i say fk em they are both excellent
Dec 7, 2014 2:02 PM

Oct 2014
SKYflare said:
Well fuck the esdeath-tatsumi end is over lol. Hopefully akame spares her instead of killinkg her with her trump card. She hasnt done wrong tbh.

Hasn't done anything wrong... you keep telling yourself that I really hope that was supposed to be a joke
Dec 7, 2014 2:03 PM

Jul 2014
What an episode. This episode actually stayed on track with the actual plot of the entire series. Great, but don't you think that thing, whatever the King's imperial arms was a bit too overpowered? That thing seemed to blow up buildings, but wasn't able to kill Tatsumi or Wave with a direct hit...
Dec 7, 2014 2:04 PM

Oct 2012
I hope the next episode Akame is kill and the rest of Night Raid and the Jaegers, that'd be the best.

Aug 2014
Now what the hell are they gonna do with that giant ass robot

May 2013
people hating on how bad this is...

I havent read the manga, I am planning to cus it sound different...

but god I am loving how this is going (I love bad endings)

to lose the (kind of?) main character at the second to last episode is just mind blowing, I think I have seen it before and it just gets me you know... just love that kind of plot
¨I´d rather die a hero, that kill a failure¨~RedLikeARose

meaning I'd rather help others than to commit suicide without even a notice on the internet
Dec 7, 2014 2:05 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
dethunter13 said:
PhysiquedParrot said:
i love the people talking mad crap on this since it didnt follow the manga well i say fk em they are both excellent

i didnt read the manga and i still think it's rushed and going downhill at the speed of light ._.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 7, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2014
ABeautifulTable said:
dethunter13 said:

i didnt read the manga and i still think it's rushed and going downhill at the speed of light ._.

well this is the best anime ive seen this year by far but im only into action animes so ^^
Dec 7, 2014 2:10 PM
Aug 2014
I can understand why manga readers might not like this original ending. I still think that, source material aside, the anime is pretty good on its own. It surely has its flaws (it feels somewhat rushed, deaths don't have enough impact, potentially interesting characters don't get enough development/screen time) but it's an entertaining show nonetheless.

The setting and the general plot line are very interesting, so I'll definitely continue reading the manga (only up to chapter 4 so far), even though I normally don't read any manga at all.

IMO, it's better to have an original ending that's not up to par with the source material than to have no real ending at all (and I don't see how an open ending could've worked in this case) if there are no plans to finish the adaptation with a second (or even third) season. This way, the anime-only people still get some closure while everyone else can turn to the source material (in this case the manga) for the real ending.
Dec 7, 2014 2:12 PM

Apr 2014
The nukes made me giggle. Tatsumi went out like a bamf at least.
Dec 7, 2014 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
Despite its shortcomings, this was a decent episode. I enjoyed it. It was totally bombastic and Gurren Lagann-esque but it was good. Tatsumi dying I think was the best possible move the anime could have done especially since Mine is dead, it doesn't give Tatsumi much purpose anymore imo. He did his duty and he was a hero till the end, well played. Also the speech with Bulat was a nice touch.

However his Incusio 2.0 design was not as cool as the one in the manga. I was kind of disappointed there.

Anyways, I'm excited to see Akame use her trump card finally. It should look awesome animated.
Dec 7, 2014 2:18 PM
Apr 2014
So next week Akame turns into a ghoul?
Dec 7, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2007
Congrats, Whitefox.

You managed to surpass DEEN in asspulls and shitting on adaptations. .

DO I even want to see this trainwreck till the end? Or will the last episodes be even worse than this and scar me for life?

On one hand I survived DEENFSN, Tokyo Ghoul, Tsubasa Chronicle and bunch of other horribly handled adaptations.

On other hand Whitefox might surpass them all for all I know.

Where did his go so wrong?...
Dec 7, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2009
Of course they can't follow the manga directly, when its still ONGOING. Some of you people need to learn how the industry works before you throw your tantrums on forums.
Dec 7, 2014 2:23 PM
Apr 2014
lol Tatsumi breaking his promise with Akame saying that he'll live through all of this.
Dec 7, 2014 2:24 PM

Sep 2014
Dafuq did i just watch ^^ ?
Dec 7, 2014 2:25 PM

Jul 2007
Seta19 said:
Of course they can't follow the manga directly, when its still ONGOING. Some of you people need to learn how the industry works before you throw your tantrums on forums.

So how about doing what MOST MANGA ADAPTATIONS ARE DOING - adapt till the certain point and then end the season.

SAO is doing that.
Fairy Tail has been doing that.
Countless other adaptations too.

There's no excuse for this bullshit.
Dec 7, 2014 2:25 PM

Dec 2010
izumisempai said:
Sam1198777 said:

AkG's true nature IS shonen. God. Haven't you read the manga? Its not some grim dark fantasy. Its bloody shonen. That said, the anime is still pretty great compared to the manga. I've read it and i'm not cringing because i'm not blind and i realized that deviation from the source doesn't ALWAYS mean a bad thing.

I'm not sure why you're so upset. I've read the manga and even though it's classified as a shonen, I've yet to see a shonen (intended for a young male audience) that also involves rape and beastiality. I never said the anime was bad, I just think they could have executed the story better.

Rape? There is implied rape yeah. But not actual rape. And implied rape is present in many shonens. Plus, beastiality? err, you need to look up the meaning haha
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Dec 7, 2014 2:27 PM

Dec 2013
Love the animation this episode, fight scenes were dope. Although I know its way off from the manga it was pretty on its own.

I thought we were done with more deaths but guess I was wrong. I hoped Tatsumi is the last.
Eh
Dec 7, 2014 2:33 PM

Apr 2008
Sam1198777 said:
izumisempai said:

I'm not sure why you're so upset. I've read the manga and even though it's classified as a shonen, I've yet to see a shonen (intended for a young male audience) that also involves rape and beastiality. I never said the anime was bad, I just think they could have executed the story better.

Rape? There is implied rape yeah. But not actual rape. And implied rape is present in many shonens. Plus, beastiality? err, you need to look up the meaning haha

You need to look up chapter 23.5
Dec 7, 2014 2:36 PM

Feb 2014
Sam1198777 said:

You're kidding right? There's blatant rape in the manga, BLATANT. And you must have not read chapter 23.5, there was definitely bestiality (I get shivers just thinking about that chapter...)

Also shounen doesn't necessarily mean it can't have fucked up situations, it's still a shounen regardless of all the dark things it has in it, I can agree with you there.
Dec 7, 2014 2:38 PM

Mar 2014
I really don't know what to say other than it was pretty damn funny.. While the action was good the story after the mecha came out was hilariously all over the place..

Tatsumi- "look at the people you're hurting!"

Lil shit- (looks at people and starts to see what he cause then questions his actions) so far so good

Yolo Minister- "don't listen to him" yea right even though you're seeing destruction you caused

Lil Shit- (turns to Tatsumi) "rawww!!! Liar"

lol only for plot😂😂😂

Best part about the episode

Esdeath- "Tatsumi dieded" no emotion justing stating it like a matter of fact

5/5 for humor
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1212 by Zoopiez »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

818 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.