Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 4:50 PM

Sep 2014
insan3priest said:
FlameseeK said:

I don't see any reason to believe the scene was there for fan service, unlike Rin shaking her butt on all fours.

Yeah, if you want to talk about "unnatural", then that scene was much more guilty of it.

I think it's naive to see anything weird in that scene to say the least. Despite all the nudity, Illya's scene is not one of those blatant fan service scenes that actually show less but are still full of sexual connotation.

Mature people don't freak out when there's nudity or even a sex scene in movie (implied or not), so what's wrong with a bath scene in a 17+ show? It's hard to understand.
Nov 1, 2014 4:51 PM

Jan 2014
mirakura said:
Oh, god, the reactions from the Caster scene will be monumental.

Care to remind me what scene you are referring to?
Nov 1, 2014 4:52 PM

Sep 2013
BeatzMe said:
mirakura said:
Oh, god, the reactions from the Caster scene will be monumental.

Care to remind me what scene you are referring to?
Ask it again in this thread or this thread and I'll tell you. No, mirakura, don't answer here.
Nov 1, 2014 4:56 PM

Apr 2012
insan3priest said:
Shirou is built as fuck, though. I mean, god damn.

Your manliness got overshadowed somehow? Time to get in shape insan3. 30 minutes on the tread mill everyday and 100 sit ups for 1 minute and eat nothing but yogurt and oats.

As for the episode itself, yeah i guess we need some break for the previous heavy action episode but aside for saber being moe blob this episode and Ayako, the rest was pretty meh.
Nov 1, 2014 4:58 PM

Nov 2013
insan3priest said:
That's what happens when
. Also magic training.
Nov 1, 2014 5:07 PM
Jan 2012
BeatzMe said:
CookingPriest said:
I can't imagine Illya doing that.

The bath felt cold and impersonal and it fit the nature of the characters.

I'm sure they could have thought of something. I cannot believe all that human imagination could come up with would be a bathing scene.

tbh the reason i suspect they went with that scene has more to do with the fact the "villian talking villian stuff while naked or in a bath" is a well used trope as it provides all the villain-like atmospheree and shit in almost all genre rather than fanservice decision, so my critisism of it would be tat its slightly cliche.

although, if it works for exposition, it pleases people and is known to work well for both, i dont see any problem with them going for it, 3 birds with one stone.
Nov 1, 2014 5:07 PM

Jun 2009
RedgraveGilver said:
insan3priest said:

Your manliness got overshadowed somehow? Time to get in shape insan3. 30 minutes on the tread mill everyday and 100 sit ups for 1 minute and eat nothing but yogurt and oats.

Quite the opposite, I'm actually impressed.

BotatoPriest said:
insan3priest said:
That's what happens when
. Also magic training.

I know, but in the VN you didn't get to actually see all the muscle.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2014 5:08 PM

Oct 2013
True, you don't get to see it, but it's always there.

Remember, even Saber compliments Shirou on how well his body is trained in the VN.
Nov 1, 2014 5:10 PM

Jun 2009
Rinth said:

Remember, even Saber compliments Shirou on how well his body is trained in the VN.

Again, it's not the same as actually seeing it. Seeing it just gives me a completely different impression. Another excellent example of the series using show don't tell, haha.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 1, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2014
Rinth said:

Saber and Shirou: Muscle team!

*cough*

Last episode's wrong doings weren't explained -_-' well, the OP Saber part, anyways. Oh well~
The sun is a deadly laser
Nov 1, 2014 5:14 PM

Apr 2012
Really good episode, way more enjoyable than I was expecting! Ilya revealed her motivation, and it's so great to see Saber have some happiness and companionship after her turmoil and solitude in Fate/Zero! I liked the slice of life here a lot more than in the first episode. I guess I just really love seeing Saber in slice of life scenes! I want to poke her ahoge :3
Nov 1, 2014 5:17 PM

Jun 2014
Besides sexualizing the 10 year old unnecessarily pretty good ep. Feels like they are skipping over things but mainly unimportant scenes anyways
Nov 1, 2014 5:18 PM

Nov 2012
Lots of Saber screentime in this episode. I am both pleased and yet saddened knowing that ultimately she gets shafted from the spotlight in this route in favor of Rin. :(

Why Fate, why do you have to have not one but two waifu-tier protagonists? I am heart-broken either way.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Nov 1, 2014 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't expect to see Illiya naked in the anime, I'm quite suprised; but I love it. I hope the BD release will be uncensored when it comes out. :3

So far it's been a great adoptation of the VN, much better than the previous FSN anime-project.
Nov 1, 2014 5:23 PM

Mar 2014
Still can't get over the animation it's stunningly good.
Nov 1, 2014 5:28 PM

Oct 2012
Ilya's bathtub scene reminds me a lot of Daenaerys's first scene in Game of Thrones.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't think Ilya's naked scene was meant to be fanservicey. There was a sort of coldness in the presentation that felt like it was made more to unnerve rather than titillate viewers. That's just my perspective though.
Nov 1, 2014 5:37 PM

Apr 2012
toyall123 said:
Ilya's bathtub scene reminds me a lot of Daenaerys's first scene in Game of Thrones.

And in the books she was like 13. I'm pretty sure she little bit resembled Ilya during that time Pedo Drogo married her.
Nov 1, 2014 5:44 PM

Dec 2013
Where's the fighting? :(
Nov 1, 2014 5:47 PM

Oct 2013
pretty good episode liked the illy scene at the beginning and how fujine and sakura reactions to shirou saying saber is staying over for a while can't wait for next episode :D
Nov 1, 2014 5:51 PM

Oct 2014
Anon1409 said:

I repeat what has been said multiple times: F/sn is neither a "shounen", nor is its main genre "action".

If you want to get your fill on instant gratification, then watch the UBW movie from 2010 instead. It has no story, the characters are completely mischaracterized, unlikable, and everything the characters do there look like asspulls, but if you only care about "ACTIOOOOOOOON NAO!", and give no damn to the lack of story, then it may actually be the correct choice for you...
Grey-ZoneNov 1, 2014 5:55 PM
Nov 1, 2014 5:53 PM

Sep 2014
Anon1409 said:

It's giving place to things like character and plot development.
Nov 1, 2014 5:53 PM

Jul 2013
FlameseeK said:
Anon1409 said:

gross
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Nov 1, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2011
FlameseeK said:
Anon1409 said:

Awww, we need explosions and swords clashing, who cares about those things?
Nov 1, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2012
Woe is me, I am traumatized. I have never in my life seen a naked human body before. Ever. Obviously the fact that she is naked automatically means that it is sexual. Never mind that she isn't having sex. Never mind that she isn't making any suggestive poses, nor making sexual comments, nor are her servants making sexual comments. Nope. Naked therefore pedo.

The only thing that could have salvaged this scene is if they added a little button in the top right corner of the screen like the VN but instead of having options like "Auto Read" it should just say "Auto Pedo" and have the cursor scroll over and click on it. Then it would have been more honest.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Nov 1, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2014
I've always hated Fuji-nee. Such a gag character. I wish she was killed in the Holy Grail Wars somehow. I know my wish would never come true, though.

The loli fan-service at the beginning. Lol.

Overall like the pace and flow of the episode. I don't think I've said this yet, but I really, REALLY love the OST. Absolutely beautiful, and really makes this show that much greater for something that isn't necessarily a make-or-break addition to the show.
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 5:56 PM

Jun 2014
MiniSiets said:
Woe is me, I am traumatized. I have never in my life seen a naked human body before. Ever. Obviously the fact that she is naked automatically means that it is sexual. Never mind that she isn't having sex. Never mind that she isn't making any suggestive poses, nor making sexual comments, nor are her servants making sexual comments. Nope. Naked therefore pedo.

The only thing that could have salvaged this scene is if they added a little button in the top right corner of the screen like the VN but instead of having options like "Auto Read" it should just say "Auto Pedo" and have the cursor scroll over and click on it. Then it would have been more honest.

It is, because that scene wasnt even in the VN. Thus sexualized a 10 year old for fan service, literally no other reason. Don't try to justify it.
Nov 1, 2014 5:59 PM

Jan 2014
Hell, do you people know that nudity is an official form of art?

Sex scene is fine, but a bath scene that shows nothing counts as fan service?

Sep 2014
Praland said:
FlameseeK said:

Awww, we need explosions and swords clashing, who cares about those things?

Says the one with *Nanoha and Signum's weapons clashing* sig~
The sun is a deadly laser

Sep 2014
I liked watching Rin go all pewpew on those skeletors. Shirou is starting to grow on me, so I no longer have any huge problems with him being the MC. Still, Rin seemed like the obvious choice from the get-go.

I doubt that Rin will be able to kill Shirou. Sounds like she's just talking all tough to keep Archer's confidence in her decision making up.

If Shirou's so good at archery, why doesn't he arm himself with a magically enhanced bow?
Nov 1, 2014 6:00 PM

May 2013
CASTER!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 1, 2014 6:01 PM

Dec 2007
Qans said:
MiniSiets said:

It is, because that scene wasnt even in the VN. Thus sexualized a 10 year old for fan service, literally no other reason. Don't try to justify it.

He wasn't justifying it, he was implying that he's mature enough to not care about it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 2012
Qans said:

That reasoning has nothing to do with whether it could be considered sexualized or not. Are you saying all scenes added outside of the VN are necessarily superfluous fanservice and add nothing to the plot?
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL

Nov 2013
I never noticed Saber being so short.

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Sex scene is fine, but a bath scene that show nothing counts as fan service?

Err. animation in general is art, so I don't really follow your point.

And yes, it counts as fan-service. As another poster said, it wasn't even in the VN. Therefore, it wasn't needed, and it was placed in regardless of that, to appeal to the fans.
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 6:02 PM

Jun 2014
chickenonthepan said:

If you consider naked children art, well damn.

That being said I don't really care either way, just was unnecessary fan-service for the pedophiles lolicons
Nov 1, 2014 6:04 PM

Jul 2007
insan3priest said:

And people still somehow get from this episode that "shirou is a slacker and needs to start training physically so he could be useful"*facepalm*

Because let's focus on "Fanservice" that was not even a fanservice.

Jul 2013
HandsomeMan said:
I never noticed Saber being so short.

If I remember correctly, she's probably the shortest character in the main cast. Last time I checked, she's like barely 5'1, lol
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.

Dec 2007
Qans said:
chickenonthepan said:

If you consider naked children art, well damn.

That being said I don't really care either way, just was unnecessary fan-service for the pedophiles lolicons

Could you at least know Illya's age before saying she's a child? It's really not nice to her :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 6:05 PM

Jan 2014
BullSmit said:
chickenonthepan said:

And yes, it counts as fan-service. As another poster said, it wasn't even in the VN. Therefore, it wasn't needed, and it was placed in regardless of that, to appeal to the fans.

You miss the fact that the author of the VN writes all extra scenes in this series?
Nov 1, 2014 6:06 PM

Jun 2014
CookingPriest said:
insan3priest said:

And people still somehow get from this episode that "shirou is a slacker and needs to start training physically so he could be useful"*facepalm*

Because let's focus on "Fanservice" that was not even a fanservice.

Well most guys don't tend to care about other guys built bodies, i'm sorry if this didnt end up being part of your desired conversation
Nov 1, 2014 6:06 PM

Apr 2014
Of course the argument about Illya is still raging. Why did I expect any different lol.
Nov 1, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:

You miss the fact that the author of the VN writes all extra scenes in this series?

Of the animated series? Because if so, that still makes my point valid. Even if it was extra scenes from the VN, it was a scene that was not required to progress the story in any shape and form, and was simply there to appeal to the fans of the show. Therefore, by definition, that is fan-service.
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 6:07 PM

Apr 2010
chickenonthepan said:
BullSmit said:

Figures that an author of a sex game would add naked children to an anime.
Nov 1, 2014 6:08 PM

Jan 2014
ZeroDragon said:
Of course the argument about Illya is still raging. Why did I expect any different lol.

When people keep screaming "fan service" when seeing a nude scene without considering its subtle meanings, this debate still continues.
Nov 1, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2014
BullSmit said:
chickenonthepan said:

Of the animated series? Because if so, that still makes my point valid. Even if it was extra scenes from the VN, it was a scene that was not required to progress the story in any shape and form, and was simply there to appeal to the fans of the show. Therefore, by definition, that is fan-service.

Are you sure that scene gives nothing to the story? You miss 2 important points:

- Giving important information about Berserker's NP

- Reflecting the coldness of Illya.
Nov 1, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2014
chickenonthepan said:
ZeroDragon said:

When people keep screaming "fan service" when seeing a nude scene without considering its subtle meanings, this debate still continues.

Technically it can be fanservice and(!) have meaning. And I haven't seen anyone claiming otherwise so far.
Nov 1, 2014 6:11 PM

Jun 2014
BeatzMe said:
chickenonthepan said:

Technically it can be fanservice and(!) have meaning. And I haven't seen anyone claiming otherwise so far.

Exactly. Not saying the scene wasnt necessary, it just wasn't necessary in a bath
Nov 1, 2014 6:13 PM

Jan 2014
Qans said:
BeatzMe said:

Exactly. Not saying the scene wasnt necessary, it just wasn't necessary in a bath

So can you suggest one way to convey the coldness of Illya without the bath?
Nov 1, 2014 6:13 PM

Apr 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Are you sure that scene gives nothing to the story? You miss 2 important points:

- Giving important information about Berserker's NP

- Reflecting the coldness of Illya.

There were important points to the story, yes, but I'm more referring to where and how the scene was taking place. You could've done that entire scene in multiple different ways, but they chose to do it while Illya was getting into the bath, butt-naked.

It still is fan-service, in that sense.

Anyways, it's not an overly big deal regarding the show, but my point stands that it is what it is, and people shouldn't try to hide the fact.
Nop.
Nov 1, 2014 6:14 PM

Jul 2011
chickenonthepan said:

So can you suggest one way to convey the coldness of Illya without the bath?

She could have killed someone for the lulz
Pages (16) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2752 by Hawks10 »»
Jun 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.