Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
skudoops said:
Wait, why do people believe mirai nikki is trying to be anything but over the top? How is that even trying to be edgy?

You dont think this was over the top?
Jul 6, 2014 2:16 PM

Jun 2013
im so confused, is this supposed to be comedy or serious....
anything remotely serious was immediately brushed off.

Hell by the end of the episode Tatsumi seemed to give little to no fcks that his childhood friends were just tortured and killed.
Jul 6, 2014 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
judals said:
Premise generic as fuck.
Right off the bat "lol people are bad".
You're not supposed to blatantly say it before the entire show's very first minute mark for fuck's sake. Use storytelling to do it.
Mostly chicks trying to be badass centered by, of course the cliche guy (I think the sole reason these types of female chicks exist is because of the author wanting to send some twisted fuck you to characters like Sakura)

Good: imperial city actually looks big. Ending, while trying too hard, just like saint seiya, is still better than the generic premise.
But what fucking ruined it is how cheaply they went around it. People we don't care about got killed in first episode? Let's further kill the attachment by cutting off with going happy go lucky in such a shonen-like manner.
Also, you don't fucking kill a hot sadist chick right away. You don't.

Overall impression: Edgy Fairy Tail.

This. Or fantasy Mirai Nikki.
Jul 6, 2014 2:17 PM

Jan 2014
SolviteSekai said:
judals said:
Premise generic as fuck.
Right off the bat "lol people are bad".
You're not supposed to blatantly say it before the entire show's very first minute mark for fuck's sake. Use storytelling to do it.
Mostly chicks trying to be badass centered by, of course the cliche guy (I think the sole reason these types of female chicks exist is because of the author wanting to send some twisted fuck you to characters like Sakura)

Good: imperial city actually looks big. Ending, while trying too hard, just like saint seiya, is still better than the generic premise.
But what fucking ruined it is how cheaply they went around it. People we don't care about got killed in first episode? Let's further kill the attachment by cutting off with going happy go lucky in such a shonen-like manner.
Also, you don't fucking kill a hot sadist chick right away. You don't.

Overall impression: Edgy Fairy Tail.

Never watched it. Probably won't.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
I think this is more like Akuma no Riddle plus Shingeki at the moment, with a sprinkle of Mirai Nikki. Either way, it was pretty cool even with the pandering elements mixed in. As someone who went in blind without knowing what this was about, it was quite fun and unexpected.

This is gonna be the NGNL of this season, most likely unless Zankyou no Terror manages to throw in pandering and fanservice. lol

judals said:
SolviteSekai said:

Never watched it. Probably won't.

Well, to be fair, Mirai Nikki's better than FT by a lot.
Jul 6, 2014 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
The colors are too bright sometimes, it doesn't fit. I imagined a darker palette.

Otherwise the rest was good and that OST man...
Jul 6, 2014 2:19 PM
Mar 2013
Feels like they didn't leave anything behind from the manga. No doubt AOTS unless they fuck something up.
Jul 6, 2014 2:19 PM
Oct 2010
SolviteSekai said:
skudoops said:
Wait, why do people believe mirai nikki is trying to be anything but over the top? How is that even trying to be edgy?

You dont think this was over the top?

Ugh no, but it will definitely get there.
Jul 6, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
The colors are too bright sometimes, it doesn't fit. I imagined a darker palette.

Lol the show wasnt dark enough apparently.
Jul 2013
is this like power rangers???!!

Jun 2008
To the people who likes the anime, Please Stop going to the discussion thread.
You're wasting your time.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 6, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2013
I'm pretty sure at this point if Madhouse made an anime movie and it was just a live action clip of someone beating a puppy to death, everyone on mal would rate it 10/10 and call it the movie of the decade.
Jul 6, 2014 2:22 PM

Oct 2013
It's funny, if you think about it people bitch about everything. You guys bitch about series having too much gore or it's too edgy, you guys bitch about anime having too much lolis and fanservice and otaku pandering, you guys bitch about basically everything. So what do you guys want then? Watch sports anime those don't have these kind of stuff in it.

Just saying, if you guys don't like the series that's find, but don't come and say it's too edgy and gory, when series in your list that you like has these stuff as well.
Jul 6, 2014 2:23 PM

Jan 2014
SolviteSekai said:
I'm pretty sure at this point if Madhouse made an anime movie and it was just a live action clip of someone beating a puppy to death, everyone on mal would rate it 10/10 and call it the movie of the decade.

I think MH gets most shit in terms of standards and expectations.... after DN and HxH
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:
It's funny, if you think about it people bitch about everything. You guys bitch about series having too much gore or it's too edgy, you guys bitch about anime having too much lolis and fanservice and otaku pandering, you guys bitch about basically everything. So what do you guys want then? Watch sports anime those don't have these kind of stuff in it.

Just saying, if you guys don't like the series that's find, but don't come and say it's too edgy and gory, when series in your list that you like has these stuff as well.

I didnt bitch about it having too much gore.

The gore it has is pointless.

They killed random people with no backstory for no reason other than "because they were bad people".

It wasnt intense and I felt nothing for any of the characters because they werent fleshed out.

They were human death flags put in to make weaboos who think blood is cool get excited.
Jul 6, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2014
The episode met my expectations... darn it; I loved it!
It has been a while since I've been this excited by an Anime. Very solid first episode, we got introduced to the MC (duh), good progession story-wise (I'm not familiar with the mange btw) and the gore; God I loved the gore.

What I do hate is that there is always a chick with humongous breasts, really irritates me; but oh well.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds that darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
Jul 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2009
keragamming said:
It's funny, if you think about it people bitch about everything. You guys bitch about series having too much gore or it's too edgy, you guys bitch about anime having too much lolis and fanservice and otaku pandering, you guys bitch about basically everything. So what do you guys want then?

A good show without too much otaku humour, fanservice, lolis, edge and all that other jazz. Basically shows like Ping Pong or Uchuu Kyoudai.

That's not so hard to understand..

Anyway, enough offtopic.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 6, 2014 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
SolviteSekai said:
YumeNoMonogatari said:

Lol the show wasnt dark enough apparently.

You know that's not what I meant :)
Jul 6, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2013
SolviteSekai said:
They killed random people with no backstory for no reason other than "because they were bad people".

It wasnt intense and I felt nothing for any of the characters because they werent fleshed out.

They were human death flags put in to make weaboos who think blood is cool get excited.
While I agree with this, I think we should let it pass this time since it's the first episode and stuff and the whole situation was just supposed to be a way for the mc to become part of the assassins group.

Now if the other villains are just as bland, then this show has a problem.

Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:
keragamming said:

I have no problem with what you're saying. From the comments I'm saying it feels like people are hating on this series just because it's gory? It's like how people get annoyed with series that has a lot of ecchi in it.

Aug 2012
keragamming said:

Wut!?
Are you saying that if the show isn't gory or edgy it obligatorily have lolis and fanservice? By the way, it being edgy isn't a problem, the problem is it being edgy to look like an serious and deep show while it's just Fairy Tail with gore.

PS: Akame Ga Kill is filled with lolis and fanservice.
Jul 6, 2014 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
keragamming said:
SolviteSekai said:

I have no problem with what you're saying. From the comments I'm saying it feels like people are hating on this series just because it's gory? It's like how people get annoyed with series that has a lot of ecchi in it.

Its not because it has gore.

Its because it doesnt have anything else.
Jul 6, 2014 2:32 PM

Jan 2012
FrancWyvern said:
keragamming said:

Wut!?
Are you saying that if the show isn't gory or edgy it obligatorily have lolis and fanservice? By the way, it being edgy isn't a problem, the problem is it being edgy to look like an serious and deep show while it's just Fairy Tail with gore.

filled with lolis?.....umm what?
"Yo, Buddy. Still alive?" -Solo Wing Pixy, AC:Zero (best game ever)
Jul 6, 2014 2:33 PM

Apr 2013
Botato said:
SolviteSekai said:

While I agree with this, I think we should let it pass this time since it's the first episode and stuff and the whole situation was just supposed to be a way for the mc to become part of the assassins group.

Some of the other villains a re pretty interesting, like kurome and bors. Most of them suck though.
Jul 6, 2014 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
VPedge said:
FrancWyvern said:

Wut!?

Theres already one half naked loli and its been one episode.

Aug 2012
VPedge said:
FrancWyvern said:

Wut!?

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/fa6654130b79cb1972877f4670a797711390234797_large.jpg

Jan 2012
Cupquake said:
Botato said:

Some of the other villains a re pretty interesting, like kurome and bors. Most of them suck though.

I wouldn't even called them two villains when you look at how they got where they are >.>
Jul 6, 2014 2:37 PM

Jan 2012
FrancWyvern said:
VPedge said:

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/fa6654130b79cb1972877f4670a797711390234797_large.jpg

Lol really are we going go there -_- this manga isn't filled with them
Jul 6, 2014 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
I feel like people dont understand that showing a bunch of nameless nobodies being dismembered is fan service.
Jul 6, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2013
FrancWyvern said:
keragamming said:

Wut!?

No I wasn't implying that. But that's the problem I have with people like you. It's the same for attack on titan you say the series is trying to be dark and serious. Wut? Then the series is all happy then with rainbow:)

for eg. "problem is it being edgy to look like an serious and deep show while it's just Fairy Tail with gore"

You see what I'm taking about, it has nothing to do with being about being deep, Fairy tale doesn't kill off characters so Akame ga kill can't be like fairy tale. If a series is dark and gory then it's dark and gory. Stop selecting which anime you think is dark and serious and which is just trying to be. There's no trying to be, it's a serious series. It ends there.
keragammingJul 6, 2014 2:42 PM
Jul 6, 2014 2:39 PM

Apr 2014
Botato said:
SolviteSekai said:

It kinda gets bad later on and if I'm not wrong almost all of them are fucked in the head.
Jul 6, 2014 2:40 PM

May 2009
edgy
adjective ˈe-jē
: nervous and tense
: having or showing a harsh or unkind quality
: new and unusual in a way that is likely to make some people uncomfortable

Just a reminder for retards who doesn't know what does this word mean or think they are on /b/.
Jul 6, 2014 2:41 PM

Aug 2012
VPedge said:
FrancWyvern said:

Just by searching it on google I already see a lot of child-like girls being sexualyzed, I'm not conviced, but it isn't a main point anyway.
Jul 6, 2014 2:42 PM

Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
edgy
adjective ˈe-jē
: nervous and tense
: having or showing a harsh or unkind quality
: new and unusual in a way that is likely to make some people uncomfortable

Just a reminder for retards who doesn't know what does this word mean or think they are on /b/.
Arguing semantics is pointless. We all know what someone means when they use edgy to describe an anime
Jul 6, 2014 2:43 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:

Z4k said:
It kinda gets bad later on and if I'm not wrong almost all of them are fucked in the head.
Well thanks for the heads up. Adjusting expectations accordingly.

Jan 2013
Apparently its dark and serious.

I mean people got killed. Clearly it is dark and serious.

This show should win some awards for its extremely riveting portrayal of a dark and unforgiving world were nice people are also sadistic murders.

Bravo.

Jan 2012
FrancWyvern said:
VPedge said:

Just by searching it on google I already see a lot of child-like girls being sexualyzed, I'm not conviced, but it isn't a main point anyway.

how about actually looking at the source (the manga) before coming to some such conclusion?
Jul 6, 2014 2:44 PM

Jan 2012
SolviteSekai said:

This show should win some awards for its extremely riveting portrayal of a dark and unforgiving world were nice people are also sadistic murders.

Bravo.

Why are you trying so hard honestly lol.
Jul 6, 2014 2:44 PM
Feb 2009
holy tht was a good first ep
Jul 6, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, this got unexpectedly dark! I'm sold!!!

5/5.
Jul 6, 2014 2:46 PM

Jan 2013
VPedge said:
SolviteSekai said:

Bravo.

Because I desperately want people to have better taste.

This shit will probably sell like 15 thousand copies, while genuinely good shows cant even break the manabi line.

Aug 2013
ow big debut, one of the anime most anticipated this season and the first episode did not disappoint me
not been economized the amount of blood and the plot was very faithful to the manga, already had high expectations about the anime but after this episode are even greater
I liked the style of animation, great soundtrack and dubbing too, will soon get to know the characters, the embedded humor, especially the faces of the personages was also cool
the opening and closing were also legal, giving focus in the members the Night Raid
and with 24 episodes the story may be well crafted, I hope do not run when presenting the plot
this anime has everything to be among the best of the season

Sep 2013
great episode i really like it but tatsumi voice annoyed me for some reason

Jan 2014
Tokoya said:
This thread should get an anime and sitcom

>tfw someone says that this is an edgy Fairy Tail
>tfw this series is said to be filled with loli's

It did feel like an edgy fairy tail
Jul 6, 2014 2:47 PM

Jan 2012
SolviteSekai said:
VPedge said:

This shit will probably sell like 15 thousand copies, while genuinely good shows cant even break the manabi line.

Yeah sorry people aren't on your level of high taste high horse much
Jul 6, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:
FrancWyvern said:

Wut!?

No I wasn't implying that. But that's the problem I have with people like you. It's the same for attack on titan you say the series is trying to be dark and serious. Wut? Then the series is all happy then with rainbow:)

for eg. "problem is it being edgy to look like an serious and deep show while it's just Fairy Tail with gore"

You see what I'm taking about, it has nothing about being deep, Fairy tale doesn't kill off characters so Akame ga kill can't be like fairy tale. If a series is dark and gory then it's dark and gory. Stop selecting which anime you think is dark and serious and which is just trying to be. There's no trying to be, it's a serious series. It ends there.

I misunderstood you there, sorry.
It's being gory as way to set itself apart from other shonens, but the only thing that sets it apart is the random meaningless deaths. It's trying to be cynical, realistic and deep, but the setting is too 2-dimensional to be any of that.
Wouldn't call it serious, too much fanservice and out of tone humor.
Jul 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Oct 2013
SolviteSekai said:

Bravo.

The point I was getting at is that. FrancWyvern is saying it's just trying to be dark and serious, what should a series do to not be label as trying? Is it because the series has comedy in it? Should I say berserk is trying to be dark and serious because it has stuff like this in it?

I just don't understand the trying part. also saying it's like fairy tale? wtf?
Jul 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Mar 2013
Love the soundtrack so far! The first chapter of manga was definitely better paced than this episode, but it was still great. The moment where they showed the inside of the torture chamber could have been a lot better if they showed the whole thing in one shot like the manga did, but I guess for censoring reasons that wasn't really feasible.

Loled at Mein asking "what is this thing?" cause in my mind I'm just thinking
Jul 6, 2014 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
VPedge said:
SolviteSekai said:

Yeah sorry people aren't on your level of high taste high horse much

I have horrible taste, but at least I'm honest about it.

Also shows like Rail Wars are blatantly obvious about what they are.

Only shows like this try to say they are serious with a straight face while pandering as hard as humanly possible.
Jul 6, 2014 2:51 PM

Oct 2013
FrancWyvern said:
keragamming said:

You see what I'm taking about, it has nothing about being deep, Fairy tale doesn't kill off characters so Akame ga kill can't be like fairy tale. If a series is dark and gory then it's dark and gory. Stop selecting which anime you think is dark and serious and which is just trying to be. There's no trying to be, it's a serious series. It ends there.

I misunderstood you there, sorry.
It's being gory as way to set itself apart from other shonens, but the only thing that sets it apart is the random meaningless deaths. It's trying to be cynical, realistic and deep, but the setting is too 2-dimensional to be any of that.
Wouldn't call it serious, too much fanservice and out of tone humor.

I see where you're getting at, but it's a serious and dark series you can't deny that. I know that without the gore and death this series wouldn't be so good, but all I'm saying is that the gore and death is the best thing about this series, and you can't deny that.
Pages (25) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2014

1370 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 7:05 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

982 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

418 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2014

819 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

818 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 2, 5:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.