Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2012 11:29 PM

Jul 2011
Finally, the time has come for them to know. Really feel sorry for Suguha to be heartbroken twice.

The episode was great! I'm satisfied with fighting scenes, but whenever Kirito-kun gets serious, I find it funny ( Gee, I wonder ~) Oh by the way, SAO's OST are amazing, giving me goosebumps!
If I became a Hunter, I can catch all my family member and sell them for high price
Dec 1, 2012 11:33 PM

Jan 2012
Aww, He's fighting for the one he loves x) How sweet! :D lol

And what, he's never entered her room before?? Wouldn't he have seen her ceiling's poster o.o

Also, where are their parents during all of this? O.o lol

Excellent ep!! Cant wait for next weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Dec 1, 2012 11:40 PM

Apr 2011
Poor Suguha. I think Kirito is the best for her, but sadly... :(
Dec 1, 2012 11:43 PM
Oct 2012
Naxrrhid said:
This is where i get confused. I have watched lots of anime where first names are used after just one conversation between individuals. I understand what you mean about using first names indicating a level of closeness but that doesnt seem to be the case everytime.

Recon getting abused aside..., the way she just tossed him aside as soon as Kirito showed up pissed me off about her character, so feeling any kind of sympathy for her is impossible lol. She got what she deserved! lol

A book could be written on Japanese naming etiquette. Sufficient to say that the average Japanese person has to consider social rank of the person they are talking to, where the are talking at, what role both parties are in while they are talking, including class differences, the relative roles of their employers, what school they went to, their age, their gender, any previous relationships they might have had, including relations with mutual third parties. IN business this is why Business Cards are so important, they provide the hierarchical information for people to know what to call the other person.

Depending on these combinations it might be perfectly possible to be introduced on a first name basis. Joining the same club at school is one (Suguha's fellow members probably call her Suguha Chan), even the guys, and this wouldn't mean anything. However this probably would change in the class room, particularly with the boys. Depending on the reputation of the club, the first name basis may or may not be allowed in the classroom. Other groups you join may or may no have an implied naming assumption.

My guess is the animation you mentioned above took place within a club setting, usually at a tight school where several members knew each other previously. That would be a strong first name territory. If you care to give a couple of examples, I can explain why they are using first or last names.
Dec 1, 2012 11:44 PM

Sep 2010
I like incest......
Dec 1, 2012 11:47 PM
Oct 2012
IheartAnime77 said:
Aww, He's fighting for the one he loves x) How sweet! :D lol
And what, he's never entered her room before?? Wouldn't he have seen her ceiling's poster o.o

No, he has only been back two months, and he hasn't been in Suguha's room since returning. He has sort of been busy in rehabilitation and going to visit Asuna in the house, plus both are somewhat uncomfortable around the other for various reasons.

IheartAnime77 said:

His parents are dead, her farther is also dead (or abandoned the family). They lived with their Grandfather while he was still alive, and now his aunt, Suguha's mother owns the house. She is generally at her job, working long hours for a computer company.
Dec 1, 2012 11:49 PM

Feb 2012
raining arrows? THIS IS SPARTAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Dec 1, 2012 11:56 PM

Nov 2012
lordmaster316 said:

For me, i kept picturing Jet Li in Hero lol
Dec 1, 2012 11:57 PM

Jul 2012
One of the better episodes I've seen. Good stuff!
Dec 2, 2012 12:02 AM

Jul 2012
Best episode thus far in the series. Finally the Gleam Eyes episode has been surpassed, and I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to make that declaration. Just, wow.
Dec 2, 2012 12:04 AM
Oct 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
IheartAnime77 said:
His parents are dead, her farther is also dead (or abandoned the family). They lived with their Grandfather while he was still alive, and now his aunt, Suguha's mother owns the house. She is generally at her job, working long hours for a computer company.
LOL, it didn't occur to me. but now I can picture their mother aghast next room, listening to the yelled confession... as if the scene wasn't awkward enough already, LMAO.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 2, 2012 12:27 AM

Oct 2011
Sorry guys but I started crying out of laughter when Suguha found out that Kirito is his brother. Even with that dramatic background music. I kept laughing all the way until Sugu was crying on her room.

This second arc only good because of sugu's boobs. First part started really good and I thought there would be more character developement, even the minor ones like Silica and Lizbeth. really disappointing.
Dec 2, 2012 12:33 AM

Aug 2012
Sugu's tears were delicious. Great episode. The best episode so far in the ALO arc IMO.
Dec 2, 2012 12:33 AM

Jan 2011
lordmaster316 said:
don't for get that part when he did the Spartan (master Chief) drop when he landed even had his fist to the ground haha
Dec 2, 2012 1:06 AM

Mar 2010
lolwut
Dec 2, 2012 1:11 AM

Sep 2012
Kyube said:
I really enjoyed the scene, Suguha realizing that Kirito is her brother and then their talk at home. You could really see Suguha's heart breaking. It was so awesome.

It was the best SAO scene!
Dec 2, 2012 1:18 AM

Jun 2009
not too bad of an episode I must say. Still leagues away from episode 13 though.

Kirito, you see what happened?! That's what happen when you go around show off and flirt with everything that moves despite already having a wife! You screw up! Big time! First, you kill Sachi by lying, then, you hurt Suguha by leading her on, what's next? Turn gay after you meet Asuna?!
/joke

Jokes aside

Suguha opened up and the siblings fight ^_^

+1 for Suguha as a character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2012 1:55 AM
Feb 2012
Now someone tell me- where are my Jötunheimr and Tonkii? They can't simply skip that part. :<
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 2, 2012 1:57 AM

Jan 2011
About time something happened, this episode had lots of development, but there are only 3 episodes left, will they rush it, make some lame ending or are they planning to make a second season without a proper ending to the first one?
I hope this crap with Suguha ends soon, I'm not such a fan of her since the chance that Kirito will pick her is <1% anyway, it also doesn't fit this show imo. But I never expected tentacle rape either... who knows? It's just stupid.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 2, 2012 2:01 AM

Apr 2010
Dec 2, 2012 2:03 AM

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Scoops said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I’m honestly not sure what you're trying to say, but lets put it like this:
What would you have done at the point that she found out?
Call Recon and her other friends to do some sort of outing. Break the ice and make things clearer.

Dude, he just ended up in a bit of a shock. If that was me I'd need a few mins to clear my head. The Episode ended right after that. Something along those line that you mentioned might happen' next episode.
Dec 2, 2012 2:03 AM

Jul 2012
Well I found it to be an enjoyable episode. Nothing like some good drama to start the sunday morning before the exams, makes it easier for me to start learning.

Also, +1 for emotional suguha, it became about time she realized who kirito actually was. How she didn't recognise his character, I have no idea. The charactre pretty much looks like him irl but with a different hairstyle ffs.
Dec 2, 2012 2:05 AM
Aug 2011
Bertock said:
Can I ask two think to the people that has read the novel? Because in this episode (or better, one in this episode and one that was already there last week):

1) What's that "Warning System" that Yui use to contact Asuna? I don't remember they had spoke about it earlier
2) Why there is a key to the console? Or even better, why there is a console at all. Heatcliff could change everything from his own menu (or, at least, we have seen that he can change his "immortal object" state and give paralysis to everyone, so I suppose that he can do almost everything that way), why Oberon and his scientist need a console? It seems to me useless and unconvenient (just to don't speak about the scientist that can't log out directly like every normal character but they have to use the console). And even if they really needed it, why put there a key? Couldn't they just program it in a way the only the admins can use it? Lastly, the two scientist didn't notice that the key has disappeared?

I quote myself since no one answered. There isn't someone of good heart that can help me?
Dec 2, 2012 2:20 AM

Mar 2012
This was a pretty decent episode.

How fucking awkward. I couldn't imagine how either of them would feel to be in that situation. Although, to be fair, Sugu is still technically "cousins" with Kirito. I'm not completely sure and maybe someone could clarify this for me, is it morally wrong to be in love with a cousin in Japan? I know it is here in the USA, but I don't know how Japan handles the whole "kissing cousins" thing. Maybe it's okay there. I mean, hell, this is the culture that invented tentacle rape (or at least made it trendy to use in media).

Obviously it would suck for Sugu if she were falling in love with Kirito's online persona and then found out like that it was her brother/cousin the whole time. That makes things awkward already, but to add on to the fact that she already had feelings for her brother/cousin makes things REALLY awkward.
Dec 2, 2012 2:25 AM

Aug 2009
Fail incest drama... Kirito is OP but atleast he didn't manage to get through like 50 million enemies.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Dec 2, 2012 2:29 AM

Apr 2009
Ripping off more popular titles and featuring the worst dialogue scenes since episode 14... congratulations, SAO! You just got even more retarded. At least Kirito died, why isn't this SAO? I'd love to see his brainfried, he isn't using it anyway.

And whoever gave this episode a 5/5: Aren't you ashamed of yourselves?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 2, 2012 2:32 AM

Apr 2011
I feel bad for Kirito, she expected so much from him, of course all he can say is sorry to her... He didn't ask for any of that and she was hiding her feelings... Sad she 'betrayed her feelings' but really was just an alter ego of the same person she fell for..
Dec 2, 2012 2:35 AM
Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Ripping off more popular titles and featuring the worst dialogue scenes since episode 14... congratulations, SAO! You just got even more retarded. At least Kirito died, why isn't this SAO? I'd love to see his brainfried, he isn't using it anyway.

And whoever gave this episode a 5/5: Aren't you ashamed of yourselves?

Calm down.
Dec 2, 2012 2:39 AM

Apr 2009
I am very calm, whatever.
How can anyone claim this is good dialogue? Even a picture book I read back in elementary school had a better story composition than this anime script. What are the writers smoking? And why do they let people like those work under the influence of drugs?
Dec 2, 2012 2:41 AM

Aug 2010
OMG SUGUHA I WOULD GIVE YOU A HUG! T_T

This episode was alright, but geez, Kirito. Leaving Suguha without saying a word? Terrible!
I know Kirito's not at fault, I mean, he didn't do anything, but I hate him for making Suguha cry!

Quick question though, did it ever say in the anime that Kirito knew that he and Suguha weren't siblings, because I thought he didn't know it as well. Was it mentioned in a previous episode or something?

Can't wait for the next episode! So intense! KIZUNA. LOLOLOL
Dec 2, 2012 2:42 AM

Mar 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
How can anyone claim this is good dialogue? Even a picture book I read back in elementary school had a better story composition than this anime script. What are the writers smoking? And why do they let people like those work under the influence of drugs?

If you hate this anime so much, then why are you still watching it?
Dec 2, 2012 2:43 AM
Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

I could understand complaints about previous episodes, but what is it this time? Kirito actually lost for once, the battle scene was quite long and we finally saw the trainwreck that Sugu's affection for Kirito is unfold.
Dec 2, 2012 2:43 AM

Apr 2009
Toucanbird said:
Nidhoeggr said:

For completions' sake.
But tell me: what do you think about the anime staff? It is obvious that they are butchering the already subpar source material.

whatever123456 said:

I could understand complaints about previous episodes, but what is it this time? Kirito actually lost for once, the battle scene was quite long and we finally saw the trainwreck that Sugu's affection for Kirito is unfold.

The whole conversation between Suguha and Kirito, which features some of the worst dialogue in the entire anime so far (and that is an achievement).
The very obvious rip-off from certain Evangelion scenes during the fight.
Dec 2, 2012 2:44 AM

Sep 2012
Toucanbird said:
Nidhoeggr said:

One reason would be to make fun of it.
Dec 2, 2012 2:46 AM

Mar 2012
metallicious said:

This episode was alright, but geez, Kirito. Leaving Suguha without saying a word? Terrible!
I know Kirito's not at fault, I mean, he didn't do anything, but I hate him for making Suguha cry!

Quick question though, did it ever say in the anime that Kirito knew that he and Suguha weren't siblings, because I thought he didn't know it as well. Was it mentioned in a previous episode or something?

I don't remember them mentioning it but I do remember Midori (Suguha's mother and Kirito's aunt) telling Suguha that he is her sister's son while he was still in the hospital/SAO. I can't recall if she told Kirito or not but if I had to guess from the reaction at Suguha's door, he didn't know.
Dec 2, 2012 2:49 AM

Mar 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Toucanbird said:
Nidhoeggr said:

For completions' sake.
But tell me: what do you think about the anime staff? It is obvious that they are butchering the already subpar source material.

whatever123456 said:

The whole conversation between Suguha and Kirito, which features some of the worst dialogue in the entire anime so far (and that is an achievement).
The very obvious rip-off from certain Evangelion scenes during the fight.

Is the LN subpar? I haven't read it so I couldn't tell you but from what I hear from everyone else on here, the LN is FAR better than the anime so far.

No, I'll agree with you a little on this anime's staff. They haven't handled the adaptation as well as they should have. I'll admit, I'm enjoying this anime but I'll also admit that it's pretty poorly written when it comes to scripting.
Dec 2, 2012 2:51 AM

Nov 2009
Toucanbird said:
metallicious said:

I don't remember them mentioning it but I do remember Midori (Suguha's mother and Kirito's aunt) telling Suguha that he is her sister's son while he was still in the hospital/SAO. I can't recall if she told Kirito or not but if I had to guess from the reaction at Suguha's door, he didn't know.

Wasn't it mentioned by Kirito in the beginning of the series?
Kirito overheard it from his parents or something when he was at a young age o:
Dec 2, 2012 2:52 AM

Feb 2012
Bertock said:
Bertock said:
Can I ask two think to the people that has read the novel? Because in this episode (or better, one in this episode and one that was already there last week):

1) What's that "Warning System" that Yui use to contact Asuna? I don't remember they had spoke about it earlier
2) Why there is a key to the console? Or even better, why there is a console at all. Heatcliff could change everything from his own menu (or, at least, we have seen that he can change his "immortal object" state and give paralysis to everyone, so I suppose that he can do almost everything that way), why Oberon and his scientist need a console? It seems to me useless and unconvenient (just to don't speak about the scientist that can't log out directly like every normal character but they have to use the console). And even if they really needed it, why put there a key? Couldn't they just program it in a way the only the admins can use it? Lastly, the two scientist didn't notice that the key has disappeared?

I quote myself since no one answered. There isn't someone of good heart that can help me?

(i've read the LN but i dont remember much about what ur asking but i will answer using my common sense)

1) that "warning" the yui used must be a pixie skill/authority/admin/system acces
that it can contact the detected player
2) i can only give some answers
1st- plothole = why is the cage have code password? while he can just say "open sesame" its the same thing with the console lol
2nd - plot = so that kirito can access the system that other players cant
3rd - maybe not all the things in the game cant be access without a console or card
lordmaster316Dec 2, 2012 2:58 AM
Dec 2, 2012 2:54 AM

Apr 2009
Toucanbird said:

Is the LN subpar? I haven't read it so I couldn't tell you but from what I hear from everyone else on here, the LN is FAR better than the anime so far.

No, I'll agree with you a little on this anime's staff. They haven't handled the adaptation as well as they should have. I'll admit, I'm enjoying this anime but I'll also admit that it's pretty poorly written when it comes to scripting.

I read one volume of it and while it is better than the anime, its not very good either.
It's just that the anime script is so horrible that even a giant turd will look good when being compared to it. And I certainly felt like reading a big turd during most chapters of the LN...
Dec 2, 2012 2:55 AM

Mar 2012
MagicFlier said:
Toucanbird said:
metallicious said:

Wasn't it mentioned by Kirito in the beginning of the series?
Kirito overheard it from his parents or something when he was at a young age o:

Like I said, I don't remember them mentioning it. Maybe they did, I just don't remember it.
Dec 2, 2012 3:00 AM
Nov 2010
I thought this was a really good episode. They adapted it nicely and I felt it wasn't rushed like they did the earlier episodes. The sense of speed and urgency and desperation was there and the total heartbreak of Sugu was done really well.

In regards to some earlier posts, I agree with Fai, if a person likes you, and you're the cause of that heartbreak, there is nothing you can do to comfort her that will be misconstrued. She doesn't want to see him. Any warmth he shows will be inappropriate. His sincere apology is about the only decent thing he can as well as giving her time and space. Every time she looks at him, she'll hurt. So giving some time and distance is the only option.
Dec 2, 2012 3:05 AM

Mar 2012
@azoai

Thanks for posting that. I couldn't remember that conversation with Silica.

Yeesh, then that DEFINITELY makes things all the more awkward.
Dec 2, 2012 3:10 AM
Aug 2011
lordmaster316 said:
Bertock said:
Bertock said:

(i've read the LN but i dont remember much about what ur asking but i will answer using my common sense)

1) that "warning" the yui used must be a pixie skill/authority/admin/system acces
that it can contact the detected player
2) i can only give some answers
1st- plothole = why is the cage have code password? while he can just say "open sesame" its the same thing with the console lol
2nd - plot = so that kirito can access the system that other players cant
3rd - maybe not all the things in the game cant be access without a console or card

1) So, if it wasn't explained earlier in the story, it's (at best) a huge plothole (but you can call it an asspull) to make the plot progress when it couldn't
2) For the first and the second possibility, look point 1. For the third, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do it. They should just program something like "In the admins' menu, there is this, this and this". I'm not a programer or anything, but I don't think that it's something so difficult to do
Dec 2, 2012 3:36 AM

Feb 2009
Bertock said:
2) For the first and the second possibility, look point 1. For the third, I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do it. They should just program something like "In the admins' menu, there is this, this and this". I'm not a programer or anything, but I don't think that it's something so difficult to do
This was the way Suguo prefers it inside the tree. He has his sense of aesthetics and doesn't like to be bothered learning new stuff so he sticks to what he is familiar with, hence the presence of a keypad in Asuna's cage.
And even if the console seems like a stupid idea, it's not like any players from the outside will be able to approach it. They're already restricted as it is: limited flight time, upper limit in the sky and a difficult quest in the World Tree. There's no way anyone except those involved in the experiments would be able to access it. Asuna is just an exception as she's already trapped inside.
Dec 2, 2012 3:45 AM

Jul 2007
Toucanbird said:

How fucking awkward. I couldn't imagine how either of them would feel to be in that situation. Although, to be fair, Sugu is still technically "cousins" with Kirito. I'm not completely sure and maybe someone could clarify this for me, is it morally wrong to be in love with a cousin in Japan? I know it is here in the USA, but I don't know how Japan handles the whole "kissing cousins" thing. Maybe it's okay there. I mean, hell, this is the culture that invented tentacle rape (or at least made it trendy to use in media).

In Japan, as well as in most of europe and south america, cousins are a fair game(since genetically its has a way smaller chance of gene degradation than sibling relationship, unless your children also marry their cousins) At most its a bit frowned upon, but is counted as entirely normal.

Raikozen said:
Oh my this episode was by far the funniest. LOL at Suguha confessing her love and her love complications to Kirito, I mean why does Suguha even like him? I mean he was unconcious for the past 2 years.

Suguha always liked/admired him(which is quite common - younger sister admiring her older brother).

Then Kirito either found out the truth about her not being his sister and started being jerk or Kirito got into the whole mmo-addiction and started being jerk to her(Suguha does not know which one, but assumes that Kirito just plainly hates her after finding out she is not his sister).

And now after SAO he suddenly is nice, brotherly and not-jerk towards her, which pretty much results in those feelings she had, returning and her(since she thinks he hated her for not being his sister), harboring a hope that he is nice to her because he actually likes her.
Dec 2, 2012 4:01 AM

May 2010
That determination of Kirito was pretty amazing.Glad that Leafa tagged along.
Dec 2, 2012 4:02 AM

Apr 2009
I just noticed something: When you log out, wasn't the body still in the world for a few minutes (at least that was shown in one of the earlier episodes). Why was Suguha able to log out with her body disappearing int he same instant then?
Dec 2, 2012 4:10 AM
Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
I just noticed something: When you log out, wasn't the body still in the world for a few minutes (at least that was shown in one of the earlier episodes). Why was Suguha able to log out with her body disappearing int he same instant then?

Logging out at a town is instant. Pretty sure it was even mentioned in the show.
Dec 2, 2012 4:17 AM

Jun 2009
Nidhoeggr said:

Interesting... How could I forget that...

Out of curiosity
Did Kirito and Leafa uses some sort of AFK button in the novel? Or is it the same in the novel too?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2012 4:18 AM

Jan 2011
Fuck you Kirito Kuck you Kirito Fuck you Kirito
SAO should had just end after the SAO arc. This arc is totally a complete joke
Pages (14) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

18 by Pyr4m1d »»
Yesterday, 7:11 AM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2012

544 by Kraum »»
May 26, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2012

491 by spillkongen »»
May 26, 11:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.