Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Oct 8, 2021 4:07 AM

Apr 2020
Im kinda tired of girls acting like a robot :/
Oct 8, 2021 5:05 AM

May 2019
What a foolish show.
Oct 8, 2021 7:08 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
yeah..... looks pretty damn good obviously, but the characters and story are pretty meh so far
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 8, 2021 8:11 AM
Oct 2019
Interesting Premise, Ex GOAT and Current GOAT collab, Great Music & the SAKUGA 👌

Can't wait for what next to offer, I really hope they nailed the story.

Finger cross they not doing the same mistake like Listeners again.
Oct 8, 2021 12:06 PM
Jan 2021
Damn this is a lot better than I thought it was going to be

The fights scenes were *chefs kiss*
Oct 8, 2021 12:48 PM
Aug 2020
the animation is great, and i can relate to the main character more than i can admit. the fight scenes are good but i dont like that kind of fighting style.

im gonna continue watching, mostly because i feel such a strong connection to takt, and i hope it interests me more later on
Oct 8, 2021 12:50 PM
Aug 2020
DefeatingMe said:
Im kinda tired of girls acting like a robot :/
same. its tiring, i hope she gets a backstory to explain it later, and some development would be good too...
Oct 8, 2021 2:22 PM
Feb 2021
Damn, it's only the first episode and I already love this anime. I love the art-work.
Oct 8, 2021 5:17 PM

Feb 2021
A good remedy after watching Tesla Note.

*simping over 2D characters*
Oct 8, 2021 6:10 PM

Sep 2019
Ehh it's ok I guess, I liked the music...but I wasn't really too impressed with anything else, I'll keep watching for now since I'm curious in the direction it plans to go in.
Oct 8, 2021 7:21 PM

Dec 2016
The storyline is pretty unique. This anime is definitely better than listeners for me.

Good thing they gave an introduction about what this anime is about at the beginning the episode, it made it less confusing.

Love their use of classical music during battle, it's beautiful.

What else to say about the animation, it's obviously amazing.

Really love the OP by Mafumafu.

I thought Takt would be an introverted serious character but instead he has quite the lively personality. Also after watching the trailer I thought he doesn't have one arm but it actually just pops out during battle and pops back in after the battle...

The older sister who drives the car is kinda annoying. I feel like her reaction is too exaggerated.
Oct 8, 2021 9:10 PM
Jan 2021
Let's gooooo! Amazing 1st ep
Oct 8, 2021 9:13 PM
Jan 2021
Animation good. Not sold on the story so far.
Oct 8, 2021 9:16 PM
Jan 2021
Destiny is cuuute!
Oct 8, 2021 9:21 PM
Jan 2021
The sound effects are sexy. Animation is sexy. Pretty much a sexy anime.
Oct 8, 2021 11:43 PM

Jan 2020
This didn't leave much impression to be honest. The animation is amazing, but that's about it. That said, I did enjoy this first episode in a "turn off your brain" sort of way, and it's only the beginning of the series, so I shouldn't be too quick to judge.
Oct 9, 2021 12:35 AM

Apr 2020
This anime looks really great, unfortunately it lies on a very uncanny spot for me where "yeah it looks good but...does it really feel good". I kinda get what the show is about for now, and looking at the preview for Ep 2, this premiere episode serves as just a teaser or a free taste of what's to actually come.

Now with our main characters, Takt & Destiny, I find them surprisingly hollow when you actually see how they're projected and powerful in this episode. Destiny's cut and dry (actually emotionless) persona is something I can dig, but I can't favor Takt's eagerness attitude yet. That's just my first impressions though, so I expect some much-needed development later down the episodes list. Pretty aight so far, so I give it that.
Oct 9, 2021 3:42 AM
Oct 2021
Didn't like it the animation was good tho but plot and how the story did go I don't really like that
Oct 9, 2021 10:39 AM

May 2015
Redhead girl is 10/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 9, 2021 2:51 PM
Mar 2020
the animation is very good, the character designs also look interesting, the music is very beautiful, but the only problem is the interaction, character dialogue, and personality of the characters especially destiny, and what the background characters do, it all doesn't seem to make sense. I don't know, I don't understand why they use a trope like this, but what is clear is that things like this are very annoying, good animation became wasted
Oct 9, 2021 4:48 PM

Jun 2014
It seems Mappa didnt learn their lesson from Listeners... but at least this is ever so slightly less cringe....... so far...
Oct 9, 2021 7:05 PM
Oct 2020
Honestly I have high hopes for this anime after watching episode 1. The characters are wonderful and the animation is beautiful. And to top it all off, the sound and music are quite pleasing as well. I can't wait to see more of it for sure.
Oct 9, 2021 7:31 PM

Mar 2012
The fight scenes are very nice. Destiny's transformation scenes look cool. Interested to know more about that flashback scene at the end when Takt was looking at Destiny after the fight.

An Ucchi voiced character playing Pathetique Sonata 2nd movement in another anime, I found it amusing hahaha
Otamegane0988Oct 9, 2021 10:03 PM
Oct 9, 2021 7:46 PM
Jan 2021
Great animation as expected. still iffy about the plot tho.
Oct 9, 2021 8:32 PM
Sep 2021
Destiny reminds me of siesta, zero two, and inori combined, I know I’m gonna love this series with the action and the characters
Oct 10, 2021 5:21 AM

Mar 2021
The studio is MAPPA, so the pictures are beautiful. The costumes and weapons in the battle scenes are especially beautiful.It was like a fantasy fight like in MadoMagi. In the first scene where Takuto appeared, he looked like a villain. Since it is an original work I cannot predict the development. This is what makes it interesting.
My Candies:
Oct 10, 2021 5:34 AM
Oct 2021
Destiny best girl
Oct 10, 2021 5:46 AM
Oct 2021
Madhouse!! Flexxxx
Oct 10, 2021 5:56 AM
Oct 2021
Very similar vibe to fate. Animation looks fucking amazing.
Oct 10, 2021 6:53 AM
Jun 2019
It is just fate but music pieces /s
Really good first episode, the sound design surprised me, still not as good as David Productions though. Almost there.
Oct 10, 2021 9:24 AM

Mar 2010
I like how nonchalant they are, and dat blonde reminds me of dorthy from BIg O. Twas nb

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 10, 2021 12:26 PM
Nov 2020
When i read the synopsis of this show, i thought it sucks and crazy but when i try it , i enjoyed every seconds of it.
Oct 10, 2021 1:08 PM

May 2009
It was alright but I don't get why there is commotion in this subforum so big
Oct 10, 2021 1:41 PM
Sep 2020
The animation was insane, especially the fight scenes were well animated. Together with the music and the great character design it makes it a good candidate for one of the best anime this season.
Oct 10, 2021 2:56 PM
Aug 2021
im really looking forward to this
Oct 10, 2021 4:15 PM

Aug 2021
Mappa and Madhouse are both stellar, so of course the animation was pretty amazing. As far as the concept... yeah I'm kinda digging it, it's something a little different and I love music so I'm down. What I really hope is that the use different actual compositions for different fight scenes. It would be neat to see how different composers music change the feeling of the battle :)

that girl eat a lot tho

Oct 10, 2021 10:53 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
A lot of pretty goofy scenes lol, like the collapsing face-first ones. xD

Story is alright so far, let's see how this goes.
Oct 11, 2021 5:37 AM
Dec 2017
Let's hope it become something great desu!
Oct 11, 2021 12:20 PM

Apr 2015
I think it's worth the hype, visually perfect of course and the premise has potential

It doesn't need to be original, the script and direction is good enough and the animation can carry the plot if it's at least competent(which it is so far)
Oct 11, 2021 11:26 PM
Aug 2021
maybe if i know a little more about d2 the story will be interesting.
Oct 12, 2021 1:54 PM

Mar 2012
Funny how Beethoven's 5th is so overplayed that I get annoyed by just listening the first few bars but behind that annoying theme there is a solid gem that I always forget about. Took me a while to identify the 4th movement when he played it on the piano.

Oct 12, 2021 4:02 PM
Jul 2013
The main character decided to play a Piano in the middle of a market with civillians being in it for the sake of luring out a D2, then complained that Cossette wastes too much of his energy. During this entire time, while people are aware of the D2s and it seems like playing music is forbidden due to their dangers, no one tries to stop him, people just gaze at the fight scene without trying to run away, and there is a piano to begin with in a place where people know its dangerous even though a sane person would've gotten rid of it.
Then they go to a diner. The diner has a working jukebox with a "Do not use" sticker, instead of getting rid of it. Cossette just blows up one of the diner's walls, the owner of the diner doesn't seem to care even though its his business. Takt just sends her off to fight D2s without any plan, all they think about is "boom bang boom", and then she once again wastes his energy, they both collapse, and it seems like the D2s don't even try to chase her and hunt her down even though she was the one to attack them to begin with.
The owner still doesn't seem to care, even though he had to "fix" his wall with wooden logs which really didn't fix anything, and then they just go again and fight this "strong" D2 without a plan once again. The D2 doesn't even try to focus Takt even though he was just standing in front of it, and they magically win this time without really much of an effort.

Good art and animation, but man, who the hell wrote this thing? Who thought the writing for this show is acceptable? Why put so much effort when the characters themselves are this dumb?
Oct 13, 2021 12:44 AM

Aug 2021
The fights with those animations were really a blessing to eyes :)
Oct 14, 2021 8:11 AM

Jan 2021
An anime about music with good looking fight scenes . Sign me up
Oct 14, 2021 9:03 AM

Jul 2013
I was bored so I decided to check this out on a whim. I have to say the animation is gorgeous and the MC is cute. Let's see how this show plays out.
Oct 15, 2021 3:04 PM

Oct 2009
Seems kinda boring to be honest...The aliens and the whole concept of conductors etc.The designs arent fresh as well. Ofc its a bit too early to say smth more, and Im gonna watch the second ep to see how its developing, but these are my feelings after watching the first ep.
Oct 15, 2021 3:04 PM
Dec 2020
Greta animation. Loved the fight and everything sounds good. Off to a good start
Oct 15, 2021 8:01 PM

Mar 2017
Holy I did not expect to hear Mafumafu at the end! Even though it's been happening more now, it still amazes me and surprises me that utaite's, and even ex-VOCALOID producers, are starting to sing/create music for OP's and ED's for anime! It's nice to see them getting more recognition. :)

The shows seems promising so far based on this first episode. I like the concept and the design is really nice. Looking forward to what else it has to offer.
Oct 17, 2021 9:28 AM

Oct 2017
I feel like this show is good enough. The girls are cute, animation is on point, and voice acting is fine. Other than that tho, I couldn't care less about the story, or the characters for that matter. Especially Cossette, she is totally boring.

Dropped
Oct 17, 2021 5:14 PM

Dec 2016
I guess this is going to be one of those over-hyped seasonal shows that I just don't get the appeal of at all. The visuals are okay, as they should be considering the studios involved, but the characters, story, and music are kind of just not there. Really ironic considering that music is supposedly a central theme of the story.

For one thing, the choices in music feel superficial and haphazard, like they just pulled randomly from a Classical Greatest Hits anthology and then slapped a shitty remix on top to fit the action sequences. In the final fight scene of the episode, the edgy conductor man starts off playing one Beethoven sonata, and then randomly switches to a different one when he resumes playing at the end of the episode. In short, the musical direction feels unmotivated and like it only exists to add dashes of classical flavor to the OST, rather than contributing something meaningful.

News flash, playing snippets of classical music doesn't make something "deep" or sophisticated. It makes it pretentious.

The dialogue and character interactions are no better, and just feel like airtime-filler and wheel-spinning. The world-building and characterization do not move forward, but instead just rehash tropes and overdone character archetypes (she's a gluttonous airhead, he's an absent-minded obsessive "genius"). However, their relationships or the conflict of the plot is not advanced in such a way to make it feel like I'm actually watching a story unfolding.

This also feels like one of those shows where they withhold basic information and world-building just to be edgy or stylistic. The episode features not one but two action sequences where there is no explanation of what either a Musicart is or why they need to be "conducted."

Having a mystery or two in a narrative is fine and good, but stacking up too many unknowns just makes the story overwrought. In particular, concealing the basic mechanics of a universe is a fine line to tread, and this show is seriously struggling to maintain that balance already.

Really, though, my biggest complaint with the show is how the music is handled, both in terms of the story and the OST. I was expecting something clever with regards to how music is involved in combat, but so far they could have just left out that detail and it would have no impact on the story.

The interweaving of classical excerpts with the original score is jarring and awkward. In the first fight scene, the Allegro of Beethoven's 5th is abruptly spliced into a cadence written for the OST, which doesn't line up properly with the phrasing or harmony of the original piece. In particular, the excerpt in the show ends on a portion of the phrase while the harmony is still on the tonic, which leaves the inserted cadence feeling forced and out of place. Furthermore, it disrupts the harmonic rhythm of the piece, which in the original takes 14 bars to actually reach the dominant.

To summarize, the use of music in the show so far feels like cheap dilettantism, and stands in stark contrast to the well-polished art design and animation. It seems clear that less care was put into the music than the flashy visuals--although this was probably a calculated choice, given the number of comments I've seen to how good the show looks so far.

Either way, I don't like it, and I'm not sure why talented studios are wasting their time jerking off with material like this.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2021

208 by Inconsistent1 »»
Yesterday, 6:31 PM

» I guess this is it huh ?

Neo_Randomz - Apr 9

24 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 21, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2021

282 by TeaBagCha »»
Apr 8, 8:32 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2021

115 by IamRaeon »»
Mar 3, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Takt Op. Destiny Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2021

127 by Muow »»
Feb 19, 6:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.