Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2014 10:48 PM

Oct 2010
What a total shit ending. Hell, having kuroneko die and him ending up banging the hot vegetable chick from now on, would have been a better ending than what was shown.

This season is beginning to be as bad as last season. Anime start out decent, then commit anime suicide in the final episodes.
Jun 30, 2014 11:06 PM

Sep 2013
Nothing wrong with rushed endings. Who cares. It's done with a purpose. I'm not that type of person who judges the whole series by its ending, it's just stupid. I liked the series, despite seeing Kazumi and Hatsuna alive at the end makes no sense at all.

I would love a season 2 to help me understand more. There's also hints and a lot of things were left open ended. but even still, that ending was not a good season finale.

8/10 bitter sweet

Jul 1, 2014 12:07 AM

Nov 2007
One of the worst anime I have seen in recent time. 5/10
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 1, 2014 12:27 AM
Sep 2010
Seriously, why would they adapt an anime and stay true to the source material up to like episode 8 and then completely flub the last two episodes. With the way the series started, I was very surprised that they lightened up on the blood and gore...

I mean, when Hatsuna (already explained to have recovered from melting) and Kazumi were killed by Valkyrie, they were pretty much destroyed

Kana being a total badass:

That and the amount of destruction that was lacking from the ending...

StanYanManJul 1, 2014 12:30 AM
Jul 1, 2014 12:37 AM

Dec 2010
One of the biggest trainwrecks I've seen, 5/10 with a chance of being lowered.

I mean, it was ok until episode 9 or so, but then they started rushing things so awfully..., anyways, yeah, it was pretty terrible.
Jul 1, 2014 12:43 AM

Apr 2013
shanimebib said:
And its still worthy of a 5/10? Damn..
Jul 1, 2014 12:45 AM
Aug 2011
Sourire said:
shanimebib said:
And its still worthy of a 5/10? Damn..

Y'all are too damn lenient.

SirloinDrop said:
As someone who hasn't seen Elfen Lied I must ask, is it as bad as this one?

I wouldn't know but if this is any indication of anything i'll gladly keep skipping over Elfen Lied for the rest of my life.
standJul 1, 2014 12:52 AM
Jul 1, 2014 1:11 AM

Apr 2013
zachfoss said:
Nothing wrong with rushed endings. Who cares. It's done with a purpose. I'm not that type of person who judges the whole series by its ending, it's just stupid. I liked the series, despite seeing Kazumi and Hatsuna alive at the end makes no sense at all.

I would love a season 2 to help me understand more. There's also hints and a lot of things were left open ended. but even still, that ending was not a good season finale.

8/10 bitter sweet

It wasnt judged by the ending , it was judged as a whole , atleast by me. Untill episode 3 or 4 , when I found an interest in the manga , everything was ok but then from episode 5 onwards alot of things kept missing. It's like you are giving a little kid your car keys and say "here kido you can drive this car" but he doesnt know how to use the gear box how to drive overall and thats how this anime was. You suddenly have a beautiful car but the joy is ruined because you dont know how to ride it. Similar with the anime.......they suddenly throw at you alot of shit that doesnt make sense if you havent read the manga. And if it were of a 2nd season to happen they wouldnt have rushed it in the first place . Judging by this , its just a 1-season anime.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 1, 2014 1:13 AM

Dec 2012
I prefer this ending, than cliffhanger and waiting four years for a second season which is not known whether it will ever be made
Jul 1, 2014 1:14 AM
Jun 2013
I don't even know what to say. The end was a complete piece of shit.

4/10

Jul 1, 2014 1:15 AM

Jun 2011
Dafuq just happened? i dont even know how to feel WHAT IS MY LIFE? seriously tho that shit was rushed as fuck! i need an ova just to explain what just happened, unless it was all just a huge filler... maybe ill stop being a fgt and read the manga.
Jul 1, 2014 1:45 AM
Dec 2012
Anyone who hasn't already, please read the manga, the climax in the anime is Much better in the manga, and the story flows on a completely different level.
Jul 1, 2014 3:50 AM

Mar 2008

SirloinDrop said:
As someone who hasn't seen Elfen Lied I must ask, is it as bad as this one?

I think both are badly written but have a superior manga version.
Elfen Lied is more bloody (less censored) than this one and has a more open-ending (not as fucked up as this one at least), but yeah I really don't like both, so...
Vanessa-Jul 1, 2014 5:25 AM
Jul 1, 2014 3:59 AM

Mar 2014
This was bullshit in my eyes. 5/10
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jul 1, 2014 4:06 AM

Jun 2014
Yet another series I feel legitimate regret over having stuck with. This episode is easily the worst in the entire series and one of the worst "final episodes" I have seen to an Anime this season.

The only saving grace is that Kazumi survived. I'd be a lot more butthurt if she had actually died. Well, at least the angst is over.
Jul 1, 2014 4:08 AM

May 2013
Bleh, they should had make this at least a 20-24 episodes to explain the important parts. It feels to rushed than Mekakucity Actors. *sighs* 6/10. What a disappointing ending.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jul 1, 2014 5:15 AM
Feb 2014
What. Why did I even watch this... Was expecting some showdown at the end and that was also terribly underwhelming. Quite possibly the worst anime I watched
Jul 1, 2014 5:24 AM

Mar 2008
Jody32 said:
precious said:

I think both are badly written but have a superior manga version.
Elfen Lied is more bloody (less censored) than this one and has a more open-ending (not as fucked up as this one at least), but yeah I really don't like both, so...
I never said Elfen Lied was well written. Hahaha, I get what you mean though.

Ooops, my bad I screwed up with the quotes there. I was actually replying to SirloinDrop xD
sorry!
Jul 1, 2014 5:27 AM

Mar 2013
This episode was so very, very rushed. A bunch of events happening one after another, some not really being explained, and some just being "MIRACLESSS!". I just had to roll my eyes several times. It really felt like a typical poor anime ending... does kinda make me wanna read the manga, just to see the difference.

Anyway, there were some good parts here and there in previous episodes, so I give the show a 6/10. Might change to a 5/10.
Jul 1, 2014 6:13 AM

Jan 2009
I'm loving the % of the votes here
Anyway wtf was that? I'm not even disappointed cause i was expecting something like this. Meh. Guess i'll read the manga since the ending was terribile
2/5 for the episode, 8/10 for the anime
Jul 1, 2014 7:17 AM

May 2013
10/10 for the first 9 ep, 7/10 for the last 4 episodes. Though i haven't read the manga, i feel like it was Really rushed. At least, they could waste 5 more minutes to explain the ending, for example, how all characters survived...
Is manga still ongoing? I know that 100 chapters were like 13 episodes.
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Jul 1, 2014 7:22 AM

Apr 2013
I3lackwing said:
10/10 for the first 9 ep, 7/10 for the last 4 episodes. Though i haven't read the manga, i feel like it was Really rushed. At least, they could waste 5 more minutes to explain the ending, for example, how all characters survived...

Nope , they cut alot out of those 100+ chapters.
Cant remember how much they cut......
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 1, 2014 7:31 AM

May 2013
FluffyFlesh said:
I3lackwing said:

Nope , they cut alot out of those 100+ chapters.
Cant remember how much they cut......

At least the ending was the same. So, there's no later plot...i guess
Let justice be done, though the heavens fall.
Jul 1, 2014 8:49 AM

Sep 2010
I don't know what to think about this anime... It had blood/gore and boobs... Good plot... But fucked up pace... Final episode was also rushed as hell...

Finale - 3.5/5
Series - 6.5/10
Jul 1, 2014 9:11 AM

Feb 2012
I enjoyed watching this series until the final eps. Take out the last 2-3 eps and the series is 8/10 for me. With the last 2-3 eps, 6/10.

I really hate when studios do this to adaptations. It's like they have no pride. Either do it right, or don't do it at all.
Jul 1, 2014 10:10 AM

Aug 2009
If this was being serious I rate 1 but

This series was a good laughingstock. I actually laughed from my heart every episode every moment. Idk what to rate this.
[right]

Jul 1, 2014 10:23 AM

Aug 2010
The show was enjoyable but it was a train wreck. It was a 7/10 for me but after this last episode it dropped to a 6/10. I guess I'll pick up the manga.
Jul 1, 2014 10:33 AM

Jun 2013
Well, this anime officially goes down as the worst I have ever seen, just below Infinite Stratos 2. Awkward dialouge, cringe-worthy scenes and just random scenes thrown together in no particular order.
Jul 1, 2014 11:14 AM

Feb 2008
This show was one I had never been completely sold on, but still went with it. Early on, I contemplated dropping it, but surprisingly the show picked up my attention halfway in. Now we get to the finale...and wow what a mess. I get that if this happened in a manga it would be drawn out over oh, I don't know, maybe 50-100 chapters. As viewers, we're just suppose to accept the fact that Hatsuna's (apparently OP) magic brought Kazumi back to life, even though she herself had to come back together. Not to mention the whole ending was just rushed. If you span that out in a manga, you don't get that feeling. At least I don't. Just wow...

It isn't the worst show I've ever seen because a portion of it did draw me in. That said, ending it the way they did...why?

6/10 (I feel it may be too lenient of a score, but whatever).
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Jul 1, 2014 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
The rating of this anime is rapidly dropping . :)
It went from 7.39 to 7.26 in just 4 or 5 hours , I wonder how furthermore will it drop.

L.E: 7.25 now.
FluffyFleshJul 1, 2014 2:28 PM
Jul 1, 2014 2:19 PM

Jan 2011
What an awful, awful ending. Man this was shittyy.

My said:
1: Absolute horseshit, this is given very rarely. But a show where there is drama because people die and then a happy everybody-got-revived ending will definitely get this because that is a very, very shitty ending. Also used for similar cases.

Fits the bill perfectly.
1/10.

If it were not for this ending it would've scored a few points higher, but the final two episodes were just awful.
Too bad considering this had potential, I blame the adaptation and not the original story.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 1, 2014 7:38 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was an ending I guess. How did the pink hair girl survive?

Great episode and series!!!
Jul 2, 2014 5:24 AM

Dec 2012
Could've been a lot better, I ended up laughing a lot though.. Just poor writing for an ending to an already average show.
neonBdragon said:
Well that was an ending I guess. How did the pink hair girl survive?

Great episode and series!!!
Remember how the regen girl saved murakami then died but then it briefly showed us that she didn't die?
Jul 2, 2014 5:31 AM

Jan 2008
This must be one of the most split votes I have seen in ages o_O
Jul 2, 2014 6:03 AM

Mar 2013
Weak and crappy episode. :(
and that bloody kick from Murakimi. LOL. They even make three different angle shot for it.
ugh... this series has potential.. but i guess they screw up.
6/10 for the series. The OST was quite nice too.
Jul 2, 2014 6:05 AM

Jan 2012
This show .... It seems to have some kind of identity crisis. One moment it shows pantsu and oppai and the next moment it shows someone's dying/decapitated/etc. honestly only a few shows have pulled that off well (Higurashi) being one of them.

I will give the manga a try as I liked the Elfen Lied Manga , but found the anime much worse , hopefully that doesn't disappoint me.

Show had an overall low budget , and should have been a 2-cour so that it could have fit more content in and not have been so rushed.
2/10 for this episode and 4/10 for the anime.
Jul 2, 2014 2:49 PM
Nov 2012
rsc-pl said:
Kerozinn said:
by far one of the worst shows this season that i have watched. 4/10

You are kidding me right? Shits like NGNL or Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou gets high notes as hell for their stupidity, but interesting series like Gokukoku no Brynhildr or Mekakucity Actors are hated, I don't get you people.

9/10

EXACTLY!!! This was probably the best show this season, it was a refreshing change of pace. I also give it 9/10. I can't believe the commentators here.
Jul 2, 2014 4:06 PM
Jan 2013
alphacompton said:
rsc-pl said:

You are kidding me right? Shits like NGNL or Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou gets high notes as hell for their stupidity, but interesting series like Gokukoku no Brynhildr or Mekakucity Actors are hated, I don't get you people.

9/10

EXACTLY!!! This was probably the best show this season, it was a refreshing change of pace. I also give it 9/10. I can't believe the commentators here.

You must not watch a lot of anime o-o.
Jul 2, 2014 4:31 PM

Oct 2013
Oh man,this was over-the-top & all-over-the-place even for Brynhildr standards. A bit TOO much I might say. Still,it stayed true to it's batshit-crazy self and I definitely enjoyed it.

7/10

...or 6/10

HECK,I have no idea!
ManlyTearJul 2, 2014 4:50 PM
Jul 2, 2014 5:21 PM

Sep 2013
Wow that ending was way too rushed.
Jul 2, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2013
DiviMike said:
Oh man,this was over-the-top & all-over-the-place even for Brynhildr standards. A bit TOO much I might say. Still,it stayed true to it's batshit-crazy self and I definitely enjoyed it.

7/10

...or 6/10

HECK,I have no idea!

If only you'd knew how much of the fight between those two was cut out............
You'd be in much pain from the frustration of not seeing the full fight animated.
Wait , I take that back that wasnt a fight that was just minimizing the "final" boss to less than a random villain. They butchered the meaning of the fight , it had no impact and no importance was given to this fight....
Well , it was to be expected when you think how much they had cut in order to reach here.
Jul 3, 2014 12:49 AM

Nov 2010
The deaths...
I'm glad Kazumi is still alive at the end
It was rushed overall to be very attached to the deceased characters, but it was certainly very good and entertaining
Jul 3, 2014 1:16 AM
Dec 2008
I enjoyed this series! 6/10 because of plothole and pacing issues.

This could easily have been a 50+ episode series (like Blood+, which had no pacing issues IMO; it was freaking amazing and my all-time favorite lol).

Anyway

I am going to read the manga but I have a few questions for everyone who read the manga:

1) Can I just skip to "the chapter after Episode 13"? If I am pressed for time, for example.
2) Is it really better to read all of the chapters, or will it not really change a whole lot?

I'm guessing the manga is a lot better in terms of plot depth.

Oh, and I'm welcome to PMs if anyone wants to point me in the right direction. :)
Jul 3, 2014 1:22 AM
Apr 2014
hmm that was a bit ... disappointing? Not even the end itself but they left so many things without explanation :( I had to look it up myself and I really don't like if an anime forces me to do this.

At least tell in the show why Kana was able to move(it was implied but it doesn't hurt to actually say it) and why Kazumi actually survived(it was kinda obvious but it still didn't make much sense because Kana and Hatsuna were still in the observatory when everything began).

Well. Except the forced sex-jokes all the time it was actually enjoyable. But I expected a more tragic end tbh. Not that I can't live with this end :P was just a surprise that everybody survived after Kotori sacrificed herself. Speaking of which all those annoying things totally distracted from that. I mean I was sure it was impossible to save her after her alien hatched but it still wasn't very nice :(
Jul 3, 2014 5:10 AM

Nov 2013
Nova12 said:
Leio said:
Wait, what? Did they just cram 100+ chapters in 13 episodes?

yep... thats how they magic it...RUSHED

though disappointed a bit...well, we still have the manga...
Manga fag

Jul 3, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2009
My god this was horrible. I didn't think this could get any worse than the last few episodes..dam.

And how the hell is Kazumi alive...?
And the rest of deaths weren't even emotional, I felt nothing. The characters were so badly built I didn't give a crap about them, when the show could've used the time to actually give these characters some depth instead of flashing boobs at us every few seconds, maybe this could've been decent.
Probably the biggest disappointment this season, I was really looking forward to this since I loved Elfen Lied. Started out great and turned to shit. What a waste of potential.

My score went from 8/10 => 6/10 => 4/10 and finally 2/10, only good points were the art and music.
Jul 3, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2013
From 7.26 to 7.20 in just two days after a burst in about 4 hours from 7.29 to 7.23. May I laugh hard? Not that I need a permision to do that but just checkin' if you're okay with it.
I have a feeling that the more people will watch it the lower , the down-down the rate will go.
Jul 3, 2014 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
Kazumi is alive? Didn't her body was cut into two? That was f*cking rushed anyway.
RIP Kotori btw. :'<
Jul 4, 2014 12:53 AM
Apr 2013
MsChii said:
Kazumi is alive? Didn't her body was cut into two? That was f*cking rushed anyway.
RIP Kotori btw. :'<

Oh how I wish there was a sarcasm font for these types of situations. Even though I'm sure many of you have already connected the dots for yourself, let's take a shot in the dark and assume we find someone who stumbled onto ending and is now looking for a play-by-play.

NeoMobiusJul 4, 2014 1:53 AM
Jul 4, 2014 6:28 AM

Jan 2013
It was to rushed, Anime was great but they rushed last episode or two too much, true it could be far worse (Like they just living everyone dead witch would completely ruin it). It was still a great Anime 8/10 would give it 9/10 if they didn't rushed an ending so much it might even end up as one of my top 20 if they explained everything better about an ending so I don't have to go around asking manga readers WTF happened.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it set in the same world as Elfen Lied?

Saku33 - Nov 16, 2023

5 by Buny0058 »»
Nov 18, 2023 12:33 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2014

126 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 13, 2023 3:41 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

231 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 6:03 AM

Poll: » Gokukoku no Brynhildr Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

308 by jazbrie »»
Aug 14, 2023 4:49 AM

» Anybody still here

Iamtheeggman - Mar 30, 2021

29 by Barrycade »»
May 6, 2023 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.