Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 11, 2016 10:29 AM

Oct 2015
RealCW said:

Yeah, but the rape was a bit more of a double whammy. Almost raped AND it was by these being I didn't know exist. While, yeah, it can work; it's nowhere near as powerful as it should be, should any attempted rape be omitted.

First of all Im going to wait for the episode because Im not 100% sure that some kind of sex attack wont be included, if not by the horse then by something else. Lets see.

Second I dont think (personally) that the rape horse event was the most defining event for Farnese, but maybe Im wrong. I thought that the entire nightmare during the tower of conviction, not to mention the cave of trolls during the millenium falcon arc (where they are completely surrounded and helpless, and Farnese fails protecting Casca), were the key things which made Farnese give up her faith.

I thought rape horse was more of a quick panel joke thing, and Guts quickly disposed of it.
The POSSESSION itself I feel was much more defining psychologically for Farnese, because of the shame involved and also the fact that the demons confronted her with her dark side (that she liked burning people alive, that she was an insane sadomasochist, etc etc).

Im hoping for the possession and at least a sexual innuendo in next episode. Im not too butthurt about missing rape horse because he was a bit more funny than scary tbh. I am MUCH more butthurt about missing out the count arc.
Jul 11, 2016 12:08 PM
Apr 2016
All in all, while episode was a 'little' bit clunky, I think episode 2 really stepped up the quality. It was the same quality as the movies and OH GOD, the music, that was awesome.
Jul 11, 2016 12:30 PM

Mar 2016
Ayakaru18 said:
It was the same quality as the movies

This isn't praise, as far as I'm concerned.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jul 11, 2016 1:14 PM
Apr 2016
RealCW said:
Ayakaru18 said:
It was the same quality as the movies

depends, if you liked the movies, it's praise
if you didn't like the movies, it's not praise
>in my *opinion*< the movies were good
Jul 11, 2016 1:38 PM

Mar 2016
Ayakaru18 said:
RealCW said:

I'd watch this anime a hundred times in a row before I ever sit through Studio 4c's Berserk trilogy again.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Jul 11, 2016 5:35 PM

Jul 2016
Whoever chose to make this CGI needs to never be allowed to work in Japan again.
Jul 11, 2016 10:01 PM

Sep 2014
RealCW said:
Ayakaru18 said:

I'd watch this anime a hundred times in a row before I ever sit through Studio 4c's Berserk trilogy again.
still never watched those films...lol
Jul 12, 2016 4:55 AM
Apr 2016
RealCW said:
Ayakaru18 said:

[Sarcasm on:] I see you're a real fan of the movies [Sarcasm off:]

Each their own I guess, I liked the old anime, I liked the movie trilogy, and I like the current episodes, and I like the manga. Sometimes I think its more about people being picky than just sitting back and relax, while watching/reading something good
Jul 12, 2016 8:17 AM
Jan 2016
itakk said:
The real question need to be asked, WHERE THE HELL ARE FARNESE'S NIPPLES ???

They're in the bluray.
Jul 12, 2016 8:21 AM

Nov 2015
I really don't know what to say! At least there was memories of Griffith and Casca.

Jul 12, 2016 1:17 PM

Mar 2016
MysteriousBanana said:
itakk said:
The real question need to be asked, WHERE THE HELL ARE FARNESE'S NIPPLES ???

They're in the bluray.

Is that really the trend now? To censor things and include them on future releases?

It always made more sense to me to just cut them out and then... they're cut in all versions.

Something like nipples seems like it would be an open and shut case like that for me.

Doing it the other way reeks of near blackmail or some sort of underhanded tactics in terms of selling: "We promise, if you pay us, we'll make it better on the home releases" or something like that.

I can only give that the middle finger.

Jul 12, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2009
RealCW said:

"We promise, if you pay us, we'll make it better on the home releases" or something like that.

I think it has more do with the production company wanting to avoid causing an unnecessary ruckus.

When something airs on public TV anyone can potentially tune in at any time and ending up seeing something deemed unappropriate for that particular viewer.

When the same content is released for purchase however it is different as you the customer then hold some responsibility to do some proper research to know what you are getting into.

Is it dumb and extremely disappointing that the general society still hasn't come further, were something as natural as female nipples are still considered offensive and unappropriate material? Yes, yes it most certainly is.

I personally despise censorship like a cancer, though I can still understand why it's being done even if I don't agree with it one single bit.
Jul 12, 2016 5:07 PM

Jul 2015
Benevolance said:
Doomroar said:
People forget rape horse, they most definitelly will skip that part, what i wonder is if they will skip the whole of chapter 125, you know how that went.
brruh... they censored nipples in this episode. They are DEFINITELY censoring the rape horse lol

They might not even show rape horse at all.
Jul 12, 2016 5:09 PM

Jul 2015
Tarotist said:
I personally don't mind the animation. I'll let it be as it is.

I'm glad they're sticking to the story...though taking an original route and omitting a few scenes is going to hurt it a bit...

Also, this one's a keeper:

Guts being a savage as usual.
Jul 12, 2016 6:02 PM
Jan 2016
RealCW said:
MysteriousBanana said:

They're in the bluray.

Is that really the trend now? To censor things and include them on future releases?

It always made more sense to me to just cut them out and then... they're cut in all versions.

Something like nipples seems like it would be an open and shut case like that for me.

Doing it the other way reeks of near blackmail or some sort of underhanded tactics in terms of selling: "We promise, if you pay us, we'll make it better on the home releases" or something like that.

I can only give that the middle finger.

That's been the trend for a while now. A lot of ecchi anime use steam, convenient beams of light, inexplicable beams of darkness (which the Casca rape flashback in episode 1 used), or really awkward closeups to hide nipples in the broadcast, only to remove them in the DVD/BD release.

It's actually also true for violence. The Tsukihime broadcast in 2003 used an awkward closeup to censor Alucard being dismembered, but in the DVD release it was fully displayed, so the practice has been around for at least 13 years.
MysteriousBananaJul 12, 2016 6:17 PM
Jul 12, 2016 6:07 PM
Jul 2016
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptqvs4aDio

Basically my reaction
Jul 12, 2016 6:32 PM

Mar 2016
Can't believe they actually skipped two arcs
Oh well, on the occasion that the animation went 2d, it had some fine stills; at least it's not completely a ps2 game
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Jul 12, 2016 6:53 PM

Oct 2015
I think that the cg should only be used during the action scenes because it's weird watching them mix the 2d and cg
Yo Pi'Erre
Jul 13, 2016 1:38 AM

Oct 2008
Guts successfully kidnapped a topless masochist commander chick!
4/5.

Jul 13, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2011
heinrich6745 said:
No nipples :/

/10charisstupidletmepostalready

LOOOOL... Good eye.
Jul 14, 2016 10:50 AM

Apr 2016
It was better than the first one at least...
Jul 15, 2016 7:49 AM

May 2008
Still can't stomach the Art but hey, it's Guts were talking about.
Jul 15, 2016 1:50 PM

Aug 2014
Forgot how much of a bitch Farnese was at first...

Everytime they would play the flashbacks in this episode I would get a little mad, thinking to myself "if only we could have had all this 2D Greatness for the all the scenes..." xD
Jul 15, 2016 7:02 PM

Apr 2010
Will people ever stop bitching about the CG?

I think it's well made, stop spamming 1 out of 5 just because of it
Jul 16, 2016 2:12 AM

Jan 2011
weird choice of censorship haha
Jul 17, 2016 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
Farnese really liked to strike Guts over and over again.
Jul 18, 2016 6:41 AM

Nov 2015
It was a lot better than the pilot episode and I surprisingly enjoyed it.
The animation is still a shame and shouldn't be allowed, but the pacing is good and I think this could be an alright anime adaptation.

4/5
Jul 19, 2016 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
Damn the animation is more wonky than the first season of Kingdom. That said I love Guts' voice and the music is awesome.
Jul 25, 2016 4:05 AM

Oct 2015
This Berserk is trash and the time when griffith is shown i hope it will improve.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 26, 2016 2:33 PM
May 2012
Not bad episode. No CG nipples, though.
Jul 28, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2013
That CG gore tho.

Farnesse has a fucking stupid hairstyle. Who the fuck wears twin tails on the battlefield?

Also, I'm surprised they didn't chain his stump.

Farnesse went to town with that whip on guts and on herself. I knew that bitch wasn't normal, she has no nipples.
臭い-
Jul 30, 2016 7:11 AM

Dec 2015
Nice episode. Much better than episode 1e. Liked Farnese. I hope she will stay a bit longer and maybe join Guts instead of returning to the knights.
Aug 6, 2016 1:28 PM

Mar 2010
It was decent, too much soundtracks in the background.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 16, 2016 10:26 PM
Aug 2016
I don't like it... They are skipping The Count
Aug 17, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2016
so on top of the shitty cgi, this isn't even a faithful adaptation...

smh WHERE'S MADHOUSE WHEN YOU NEED EM!
Aug 20, 2016 1:52 PM

Feb 2013
Lot of dudes got cut in half.

Guts's harem +1
Burn her! Do it!
Sep 24, 2016 12:42 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
It was a good episode. One thing that bothered me and I don't know if it was like the manga, but Guts getting captured and by an unintentional knockout stab from a girl was unbelievable seeing he was once in a same scenario with Casca, probably worse, against Adon and he plowed everyone away.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 24, 2016 8:50 PM

Sep 2014
Gaiking said:
It was a good episode. One thing that bothered me and I don't know if it was like the manga, but Guts getting captured and by an unintentional knockout stab from a girl was unbelievable seeing he was once in a same scenario with Casca, probably worse, against Adon and he plowed everyone away.
they cut the entire lost children storyline so they had to make up for it somehow. the real reason guts was able to be knocked out so easily here is because he had just defeated an apostle and her horde of quasi-apostles. the reason why the HICK's even found him in the first place is because when apostles die their bodies revert back to human so guts leaves a trail of dead bodies in his wake earning him his reputation at this point in time
Oct 13, 2016 12:19 PM

Jan 2012
why she was beating herself

and what's with black screen

nipples?????

Nov 7, 2016 11:06 AM

May 2012
Okay development I guess... but compared to the original anime this one doesn't catch my interest that much..
Nov 29, 2016 5:12 AM

Mar 2015
I liked the animation in the flashbacks, if they would've stuck with that for the anime as a whole I think there'd be less to talk trash about!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 3, 2016 4:23 AM

Aug 2014
LOL they ruined the potential of this show/manga.
Stupid, Dropped!
Jan 15, 2017 5:59 AM

Mar 2015
holy shit this is making my eyes bleed...i guess i ll still watch it since is berserk. At least the music was pretty good though
Apr 29, 2017 2:23 PM

Apr 2012
WTF white Casca y? n no nipples....
May 7, 2017 7:27 AM
Dec 2012
I'm liking this new character Lady Farnese? Is that a play on the word fairness?
Shes a little ignorant though but that works in her favour.

The conversation between her and Guts was rather interesting. She's seems reasonable even though she didn't agree with what he said. I guess most people are when they're around Guts. He talks little but says it like it is.

Puck was funny and I'm liking his character. I thought he was a Fairy and not an Elf. Surprised to know that the Lady wasn't able to see Puck. I wonder what Guts wants to ask her.

I liked the song that played while they were on the Horse. It reminded of a track from the original anime. Good fan service.
Feb 13, 2018 12:27 AM

Oct 2015
Forget about animations, they're skipping and changing too much. And what the hell man, did they turn Casca white?!!! That's racist and messed up..

AllenVonStein said:
why she was beating herself

and what's with black screen

nipples?????

She's punishing herself for losing her cool and torturing Guts, hence "charming" Would have been more charming with the nipples intact as in the manga, but oh well..
Dec 11, 2018 11:23 AM

Apr 2014
I'm liking this so far. It's not golden, but it's also not shit. It's just what I wanted. Berserk.
Nov 8, 2019 1:53 PM

Jun 2013
Bruh, the switching out between CG and 2D throws me off sometimes, but I suppose the flashbacks look good, lol.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Nov 11, 2019 11:16 AM
May 2019
Well, it's not too bad so far. The CGI is still shitty, but nonetheless, it was an enjoyable episode.
Apr 16, 2020 12:52 PM

May 2016
As expected again, the choreography still has a lot of 3D in it. Guts ends up getting captured after a tough fight. The CGI is still shitty, but nonetheless, it was an enjoyable episode.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

182 by Dractune »»
May 12, 10:25 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

990 by Bruh69XD »»
Apr 30, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.