Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (75) « First ... « 40 41 [42] 43 44 » ... Last »
Aug 14, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2013
I don't avoid or refuse to watch any animes, because I like to have an open mind and give everything a chance before judging them.

I'm not very fond of the "Mecha" genre, so I don't actively look for animes in that style. I'll check out a mecha anime if someone says it's good, though.
Aug 14, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2013
Erginho said:
I don't avoid or refuse to watch any animes, because I like to have an open mind and give everything a chance before judging them.

I'm not very fond of the "Mecha" genre, so I don't actively look for animes in that style. I'll check out a mecha anime if someone says it's good, though.

There must be something you wouldn't watch. How about Yaoi/Shonen-ai?
Aug 14, 2013 2:11 PM

May 2012
I don't refuse to watch any anime. That is close minded IMO.
Aug 14, 2013 10:13 PM

Jul 2013
PDot19 said:
Mobius_Trip said:
oh yeah I'll also never watch that attack on titan shit

If your not watching it cause of the hype, then your missen out.

Frankly, I try to avoid watching Bleach.
Im an action junkie but it isn't my type of action, and its too long

I don't think giants fist fighting and guns are my cup of tea. The design doesn't look too appealing to me either, like the drawings or whatever the technical term is for it--the style it's colored in and all that
Banishment, this world!
Aug 14, 2013 10:27 PM

Aug 2013
Cant stand:
Shounen-Ai
Terrible animation quality
Weird character design

Im still ok with some anime aimed toward female audiences (ouran host club, black butler), but can stand once they start "getting into the mood" (depending on length of it).

Terrible in sense of background quality, animation flow, bad 3d CGI. I rarely drop anime because of this, but usually i will watch other stuff first.

Hard to say for character design, one is the stroke / style. Katanagatari is probably one of the example. But thanks to MAL im probably gonna pick it up again since it got nice review. Toriko is another one that fall under this category.
Nah, i dont think sharing anime ratings in signature is cool thing.

Here, stare at this pointless signature instead.
Aug 14, 2013 10:33 PM

Aug 2013
Dark_Chaos said:
Erginho said:

There must be something you wouldn't watch. How about Yaoi/Shonen-ai?

Hehe, probably not, unless it had a great story. You never know. :p

I'm mostly looking for a great story, characters and writing in animes, so I wouldn't watch anything that's nothing but action, violence, sex, et cetera. But if someone recommends me an anime that indeed has a great story, I wouldn't care too much about what genre it is. I'm quite flexible.
MoogAug 14, 2013 10:39 PM
Aug 14, 2013 10:50 PM

Feb 2013
Fairy Tail because I've already seen a crap load of the big 3 (naruto, bleach, one piece) and dont want to suffer through another one that long!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWX3yAgjTPjL3MT7d4wbqg/feed

WHY IS THE RUM GONE?! BECAUSE I DRANK IT TO GET MY RAVE ON AT THE CON DAMNIT!!!
Aug 14, 2013 11:26 PM

Jul 2013
Anything that overstays its welcome.
Pikachu wants some
Aug 14, 2013 11:29 PM

Jul 2013
Yugiboy7 said:
Fairy Tail because I've already seen a crap load of the big 3 (naruto, bleach, one piece) and dont want to suffer through another one that long!

Better you do that. Fairy Tail did not exactly break any new ground, so its really not worth your time.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Aug 14, 2013 11:33 PM

Jun 2011
Evangelion as I find it to be overhyped and not the masterpiece people say it is.
Why do you suck at life? Because you let life suck at you. Words to live by courtesy of Ask a Ninja.
Aug 15, 2013 12:40 AM

Jan 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
Mokkan said:
CondemneDio said:
Soren333 said:
Gintama. I hear loads of great reviews of it but after watching 8 episodes I cannot stand it anymore.

Your loss :/

Not necessarily.

I would have to agree. I hate these comments that come in like, "Your loss :/" or "That sucks for you" because they insinuate that the show, or thing, is so grand that it's a shame you can't watch it. Gintama has repeated gags, and a lot of boring/drab Japanese humor that's only funny if you've lost brain cells at some point in your life. Now, granted, it has some funny points to it, but it is not even close to being the funniest anime out there. Even more so, it's not an anime that's a "shame" if you don't watch it. It's just an average Japanese comedy, and it drags on forever... and ever.... and ever...

No anime is really a "loss" if you don't see it. Seeing comments that insinuate that an anime is so grand that if you decide to drop it, you're basically a fool who won't ever fit into the community, is pretty awful.

First, why all the rage man? o.O
No need to get all insulting, geez

Well.... People have different tastes, you know? I like Gintama, you clearly don't.
Aug 15, 2013 12:44 AM

Jun 2013
CondemneDio said:
YandereTheEmo said:
Mokkan said:
CondemneDio said:
Soren333 said:
Gintama. I hear loads of great reviews of it but after watching 8 episodes I cannot stand it anymore.

Not necessarily.

I would have to agree. I hate these comments that come in like, "Your loss :/" or "That sucks for you" because they insinuate that the show, or thing, is so grand that it's a shame you can't watch it. Gintama has repeated gags, and a lot of boring/drab Japanese humor that's only funny if you've lost brain cells at some point in your life. Now, granted, it has some funny points to it, but it is not even close to being the funniest anime out there. Even more so, it's not an anime that's a "shame" if you don't watch it. It's just an average Japanese comedy, and it drags on forever... and ever.... and ever...

No anime is really a "loss" if you don't see it. Seeing comments that insinuate that an anime is so grand that if you decide to drop it, you're basically a fool who won't ever fit into the community, is pretty awful.

Well.... People have different tastes, you know? I like Gintama, you clearly don't.

Rage? I guess you interpreted it that way. I was just trying to support this poor soul that you slandered with insinuations by saying that simple phrase, "Your loss"

I definitely dislike Gintama, and it's fine for people to have their respective tastes. However, it's rude, and demeaning to the recipient to say things that basically insinuate that their taste is inferior, and it is sad that they can't watch such "masterpieces" as you.

However, you may write it off as me misinterpreting what your "true intentions" were, and we can be done with this. Sound good?
:D
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Aug 15, 2013 1:25 AM

Jan 2013
YandereTheEmo said:
CondemneDio said:
YandereTheEmo said:
Mokkan said:
CondemneDio said:
Soren333 said:

Not necessarily.

Rage? I guess you interpreted it that way. I was just trying to support this poor soul that you slandered with insinuations by saying that simple phrase, "Your loss"

I definitely dislike Gintama, and it's fine for people to have their respective tastes. However, it's rude, and demeaning to the recipient to say things that basically insinuate that their taste is inferior, and it is sad that they can't watch such "masterpieces" as you.

However, you may write it off as me misinterpreting what your "true intentions" were, and we can be done with this. Sound good?

Of course I wanted to make the person feel inferior, this is the internet after all xp
Aug 15, 2013 1:25 AM

Jun 2013
CondemneDio said:
YandereTheEmo said:
CondemneDio said:
YandereTheEmo said:
Mokkan said:
CondemneDio said:
Soren333 said:

Not necessarily.

Of course I wanted to make the person feel inferior, this is the internet after all xp

Gotcha' Well that makes about as much sense as anything else on the internet.
It's natural for a person to deny he's a failure as a human being. That's why he searches for somebody who is more miserable than himself. That's why so much animosity exists on the internet. Those who aren't able to find a more miserable person, turn to the internet and call other people losers, even though they've never met. Just to make themselves feel superior. isn't that pathetic? There's a sense of security that comes from speaking badly of someone else. But that isn't true salvation. — Tatsuhiro Satou
YandereTheEmo said:
The only thing more pathetic than quoting someone you know nothing about, is quoting yourself.
Aug 15, 2013 1:30 AM

Sep 2012
Madoka NO JUST NO.
Aug 15, 2013 1:32 AM
Aug 2011
The entire Higurashi series. HELL NO.
Aug 15, 2013 2:59 AM

Jun 2013
I generally avoid the entire Shounen genre. It's not that there is anything wrong with the genre, it's simply my tastes have changed over the years.
Aug 15, 2013 2:59 AM

Jan 2012
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Madoka NO JUST NO.
parfaited said:

Way to make it a discussion guys. You seem to be locked against it. A reason why wouldn't hurt. For readings sake.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2013 6:18 AM
Jul 2012
fackifiknow said:
I generally avoid the entire Shounen genre. It's not that there is anything wrong with the genre, it's simply my tastes have changed over the years.

Genre =/= demographic

Also most of what you recently watched is shounen so yeah
Aug 15, 2013 6:28 AM

Jun 2013
Tarextherex said:
fackifiknow said:

Genre =/= demographic

Also most of what you recently watched is shounen so yeah
Not that MAL genre tags are the end all and be all but virtually everything on my list lacks the shounen tag not to mention the slightly better than meh rating they got from me. Either way, think what you will.
Aug 15, 2013 6:29 AM

Nov 2012
This thread has some really ignorant posts, not a lot but enough for me to make a comment about it.
Aug 15, 2013 12:08 PM

Dec 2012
I will never watch One Piece. If I do it's gonna take me years to catch up.
Aug 15, 2013 12:12 PM

Jun 2013
Solo_Remnants said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Madoka NO JUST NO.
parfaited said:

Way to make it a discussion guys. You seem to be locked against it. A reason why wouldn't hurt. For readings sake.

I found it strange that someone would refuse to watch something like Higurashi (purely on how popular it is) That is, until I checked his page to see that his favorite anime are Free! and Gintama. To each his own opinion, but I wouldn't try to sway this one Solo. It'll be too difficult.
YandereTheEmo said:
Aug 15, 2013 1:50 PM
Jul 2018
Besides the ones I said, Bible Black(religious reasons) and Boku no Pico(umm), I refuse to watch the rest of Gantz. Its filled with pessimism and is too onesided and has horrible characters.
I also refuse to watch Gintama. It seems long and not worth the trouble. If it ever airs on tv I might change my mind.
Aug 15, 2013 1:51 PM
Oct 2011
Battlechili1 said:
Besides the ones I said, Bible Black(religious reasons)
you're missing a lot
Aug 15, 2013 1:54 PM

Jun 2011
FMA brotherhood. Ive watched the first episode about 10 times. I just can't bring myself to continue. I don't know why..
Aug 15, 2013 1:54 PM

Nov 2010
Battlechili1 said:
I also refuse to watch Gintama. It seems long and not worth the trouble. If it ever airs on tv I might change my mind.
It will never get dubbed, so that probably won't happen.
Aug 15, 2013 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
IntroverTurtle said:
Battlechili1 said:

Never? How come?
Candor said:
Battlechili1 said:
you're missing a lot

I know....
Pocketasces said:
FMA brotherhood. Ive watched the first episode about 10 times. I just can't bring myself to continue. I don't know why..

The first episode isn't very good though...
Aug 15, 2013 2:19 PM

Jun 2011
Battlechili1 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Battlechili1 said:

Never? How come?
Candor said:
Battlechili1 said:
you're missing a lot

I know....
Pocketasces said:

I know.. i just can't do it. I cant continue. i wanna watch it but i cant
Aug 15, 2013 2:20 PM
Jul 2012
Solo_Remnants said:
2_Steps_Ahead said:
Madoka NO JUST NO.
parfaited said:

Personally higurashi is won't watch for me because the first 10 seconds were really bad and from skimming through it it didn't seem much different from the «gore» anime plagued with horrible characters who behave irrationally such as elfen lied and mirai nikki which I hated

Plus I don't like horror and it doesn't seem slightly similar to anything I liked. Still open to in-depth reasons on why it would be worth watching though
Aug 15, 2013 2:21 PM
Jul 2012
Pocketasces said:
Battlechili1 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Battlechili1 said:

Never? How come?
Candor said:
Battlechili1 said:
you're missing a lot

I know....
Pocketasces said:

Watch FMA 2003, much much better first episode and you really need to watch it if you have difficulty of getting into Brotherhood. FMA 2003 has a much better beginning overall by far, after that well it's up to you on whatever version of the story you like more
Aug 15, 2013 2:22 PM

Jun 2011
Tarextherex said:
Pocketasces said:
Battlechili1 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Battlechili1 said:

Never? How come?
Candor said:
Battlechili1 said:
you're missing a lot

I know....
Pocketasces said:

Watch FMA 2003, much much better first episode and you really need to watch it if you have difficulty of getting into Brotherhood. FMA 2003 has a much better beginning overall by far, after that well it's up to you on whatever version of the story you like more

tried.. got through about 10 eps
Aug 15, 2013 2:24 PM

May 2012
Battlechili1 said:
Bible Black(religious reasons)

Of all reasons, you pick that one?
Aug 15, 2013 2:32 PM

Nov 2010
Battlechili1 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Battlechili1 said:

Never? How come?
Japanese comedy. And Gintama probably has a lot of it, probably the most in the top 500 comedy anime on this site. References Japanese song artists, celebrities, politicians, anime, food, folktales, everything. It's so full of Japanese culture and references, it just wouldn't work in English.
That's the reason they only did the movie, it was a remake of one of the action focused arcs so there was less jokes.
Aug 15, 2013 2:37 PM

May 2013
AKB0048 can't stand, the plots just seems so stupid, also I can't relate to the characters at all. The anime was targeted for a specific audience, it just so happens that I'm not one of them.
Aug 15, 2013 2:44 PM

Jun 2011
LeGrandK said:
AKB0048 can't stand, the plots just seems so stupid, also I can't relate to the characters at all. The anime was targeted for a specific audience, it just so happens that I'm not one of them.

just like the real akb48.. i guess you have to be japanese to understand why in the shit they are so popular. they have collector cards with their heads on them
Aug 15, 2013 3:43 PM

Aug 2013
School Days.. I've heard shit about it, but I kind of want to watch it just to see how bad it is... should I?
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Aug 15, 2013 3:47 PM
Jul 2012
StillSwingin007 said:
School Days.. I've heard shit about it, but I kind of want to watch it just to see how bad it is... should I?

Yes just for the ending. That will be worth it. Though, it may make you mad by watching it, but whatever.
Aug 15, 2013 3:47 PM

Mar 2012
StillSwingin007 said:

it's not that bad, at least it's better than sao

Aug 15, 2013 4:09 PM

Aug 2013
GoldenBRS said:
StillSwingin007 said:

Yes just for the ending. That will be worth it. Though, it may make you mad by watching it, but whatever.

I already know what happens in the end. But eh, maybe one day I'll watch it for shits and giggles. I'm going to put it on the bottom of my plan to watch list. Not of fan of anime that make me angry (cough Shakugan no Shana cough).

JezusBull said:
StillSwingin007 said:

Really? SAO had its flaws, but its premise was still pretty enjoyable. A high school harem with a idiotic douchbag protagonist over SAO?
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Aug 15, 2013 4:13 PM

Nov 2012
It's really hard to pic up LOTGH for me. It's so high rated but I'm not in to science fiction. Also the characters look gay.
Aug 15, 2013 6:24 PM

Jun 2013
JezusBull said:
StillSwingin007 said:

Really? SAO had its flaws, but its premise was still pretty enjoyable. A high school harem with a idiotic douchbag protagonist over SAO?

I liked SAO too. It wasn't perfect by any means but I don't understand why people get off on hating it.
Aug 15, 2013 6:33 PM

Jul 2013
One Piece and Naruto- too long to catch up
Boku no Pico+ any shounen-ai/yaoi/yuri
K-because yaoi hints and the plot's a mess.
Aug 15, 2013 6:36 PM

May 2012
CronaTheWeapon said:

I liked SAO too. It wasn't perfect by any means but I don't understand why people get off on hating it.

SAO is horrible in every conceivable way IMO. Poor writing, non-existent character development, lack of legitimate drama, and pseudo-incestuous overtones. And how is it idiotic that a guy actually gets with his harem? WTF?
Aug 15, 2013 6:43 PM

Aug 2013
PoeticJustice said:
CronaTheWeapon said:

SAO is horrible in every conceivable way IMO. Poor writing, non-existent character development, lack of legitimate drama, and pseudo-incestuous overtones. And how is it idiotic that a guy actually gets with his harem? WTF?

Regarding SAO, I agree that it fails with its poor writing and little to no character development. Not to mention the neglected characters (which, in reality, is all of them...)
Where it really shined was not only its animation and soundtrack (c'mon, even if you hate it, you have to admit the soundtrack was amazing), but how it explored its premise. For example, the concept of "dying in the game means dying in real life" was explored very well. Also, any episode that took the time to explain everyday life in the game, to me, was very captivating and didn't lose my interest for a second. IMO, anyway.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga

Aug 15, 2013 6:54 PM

May 2013
Accel World & Hyouka
Just because i dont wanna.
Although i'm sure they are great animes that i would totally like if i watched it.
Aug 15, 2013 8:11 PM

Jun 2012
Never going to watch K-On or Lucky Star ever (and it's numerous clones that have been coming out in the past few years). It's only because I really dislike Moe shows because of the lack of plot, development, etc. (not to add most of them are just bland carbon copies that get released by the dozen). That's the only genre I really will never watch, I try to give most other shows a chance.... maybe.
получить деньги моего друга
Aug 15, 2013 10:52 PM

Sep 2011
Anything that is remotely similar to SAO. I watched about 8 episodes of that shit, never again. I actually have it bookmarked and I check to see what people recommend to those who watch SAO so I can put them on my black list.
Aug 15, 2013 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
samishime said:
Never going to watch K-On or Lucky Star ever (and it's numerous clones that have been coming out in the past few years). It's only because I really dislike Moe shows because of the lack of plot, development, etc. (not to add most of them are just bland carbon copies that get released by the dozen). That's the only genre I really will never watch, I try to give most other shows a chance.... maybe.
Lucky Star and K-On themselves are fine but you're right to avoid the clones
Aug 15, 2013 10:58 PM

Jun 2013
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Anything that is remotely similar to SAO. I watched about 8 episodes of that shit, never again. I actually have it bookmarked and I check to see what people recommend to those who watch SAO so I can put them on my black list.

You seem very dedicated to hating this. How productive.
Pages (75) « First ... « 40 41 [42] 43 44 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Animes you wish had dubs?

Mattenan - 9 hours ago

8 by APolygons2 »»
2 minutes ago

» I don't understand why shoujo is so much more shunned than all other demographics. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fario-P - Apr 27, 2023

309 by LuxuriousHeart »»
4 minutes ago

» why are women being so unseen as audience ? ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ame - Oct 13

240 by MFDOOMED »»
5 minutes ago

» Favorite anime girl school uniform

VampireSylphy - 7 hours ago

13 by Notoshin »»
8 minutes ago

» ☀️Summer 2024: OP/ ED of the Season & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nirererin - Oct 6

193 by WaterMage »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.