Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 6, 2013 11:05 AM

Apr 2008
Takuan_Soho said:
Dashiawia said:
I'm disappointed with this episode. I don't like fanservice when it's presented in a blatant, gratuitous manner, and this episode did just that. Not really sure where this show's heading. Hopefully, it won't continue to be a senseless slice of life [I normally like SoL, but this series really can do much better than this].

So, in a world where they are under the threat of pirate attack, and are living a precarious existence always seeking a new source of electricity AND food without which they will die, they have time (and resources) to make bikinis AND have a BBQ party.

Really?

Sort of reminds me of the miserable 4th (I believe) episode Muv-Luv, where in a world being run over by aliens, they are just forming their last chance survival team, and the first thing they do is to go to the beach for the obligatory fan service. Granted in this show the situation is less dire, but still. Not that I mind fan-service mind you, but when it goes so against the world setting it really just makes me shake my head in disgust. Makes me take the world a lot less seriously, as well as the show.

Precisely!
May 6, 2013 11:08 AM

Apr 2013
A whole week has gone to waste.
Nothing happened, except boobs.
This is susei no gargantia not photokano.
May 6, 2013 11:26 AM

Jun 2008
Urobutcher became Uroboobs XD

Still, (ignoring the part of the fanservice) this episode gave me Ghibli vibes more than ever. I liked it. That is...I prefer to see them all happy than the usual Urobutchering. I just hope this ends well.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

May 6, 2013 11:33 AM

Apr 2013
This was a good episode but I would have preferred it if it was just a special episode once the series ended as this is just a 12 episode anime.

I just hope they start taking it seriously at episode 6, I mean is his brother going to come back for him? What was his past like? Would they just get rid of the pirates as they are not even a challenge against his mega advance tech robot, and Will they ever defeat those space monsters or will they come to this planet his on?

I feel like this anime is just going to end on a cliffhanger, leaving us hanging and wondering.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2013 12:03 PM

Apr 2008
KiteTheAzure said:
This was a good episode but I would have preferred it if it was just a special episode once the series ended as this is just a 12 episode anime.

I just hope they start taking it seriously at episode 6, I mean is his brother going to come back for him? What was his past like? Would they just get rid of the pirates as they are not even a challenge against his mega advance tech robot, and Will they ever defeat those space monsters or will they come to this planet his on?

I feel like this anime is just going to end on a cliffhanger, leaving us hanging and wondering.

Those are all good questions. But according to some, it is completely irrelevant to the true plot. So don't expect any of that to be solved. Maybe if the writing gets better.
May 6, 2013 12:12 PM

Jan 2012
All I hear is mecha / action fans crying this isn't the next 24/7 action hero anime where they beat everything with the the power of friendship and massive robots. Be patient and you will get your action eventually I imagine. I for one don't mind some time spent on the subtle character development of Ledo and Amy, although this episode in particular had a bit too much service in for my liking.
May 6, 2013 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Darklight0303 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Dashiawia said:
I'm disappointed with this episode. I don't like fanservice when it's presented in a blatant, gratuitous manner, and this episode did just that. Not really sure where this show's heading. Hopefully, it won't continue to be a senseless slice of life [I normally like SoL, but this series really can do much better than this].

So, in a world where they are under the threat of pirate attack, and are living a precarious existence always seeking a new source of electricity AND food without which they will die, they have time (and resources) to make bikinis AND have a BBQ party.

Really?

Sort of reminds me of the miserable 4th (I believe) episode Muv-Luv, where in a world being run over by aliens, they are just forming their last chance survival team, and the first thing they do is to go to the beach for the obligatory fan service. Granted in this show the situation is less dire, but still. Not that I mind fan-service mind you, but when it goes so against the world setting it really just makes me shake my head in disgust. Makes me take the world a lot less seriously, as well as the show.

Precisely!

1. The pirate threat isn't a big problem: they just defeated the pirate leader in this area AND they have Chamber now to obliterate any others.
2. It isn't the first "Calm Day". They've done this many times before. Stop the fleet, do maintenance while others rest.
3. Food isn't that scarce it seems. Seen anyone walking around hungry?
4. Life on Earth is totally different than in space. There are some difficulties, but the people in general seem happy and content.
5. Should Ledo start running around like a mad man, screaming they should prepare for Hideauze invasion which can happen any minute?
6. I don'think you should expect such heavy drama and seriousness from this show just because Urobuchi is on the staff list. Enjoy it for what it is. What's wrong with a carefree day and girls in bikinis? This isn't Shingeki no Kyojin.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 6, 2013 12:26 PM

Apr 2008
linchpin said:
Darklight0303 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Dashiawia said:

Really?

Precisely!

1. The pirate threat isn't a big problem: they just defeated the pirate leader in this area AND they have Chamber now to obliterate any others.
2. It isn't the first "Calm Day". They've done this many times before. Stop the fleet, do maintenance while others rest.
4. Life on Earth is totally different than in space. There are some difficulties, but the people in general seem happy and content.
5. Should Ledo start running around like a mad man, screaming they should prepare for Hideauze invasion which can happen any minute?
6. I don'think you should expect such heavy drama and seriousness from this show just because Urobuchi is on the staff list. Enjoy it for what it is. What's wrong with a carefree day and girls in bikinis? This isn't Shingeki no Kyojin.

Technically she is still alive and could possibly be going on an alliance forging spree for revenge in the background. >_> She looked the type regardless of what kind of show this might be.

@6: Then they shouldn't have baited us with the prospect in the first episode. You really expect the audience to just completely forget about the war? Then again if you're here for just the tits and ass then I suspect that's easier to do.
May 6, 2013 12:35 PM

Jan 2011
I'm pretty disappointed with this episode, I still have high expectations of this. Although this episode lowered them significantly. This really feels like it'll remain happy-happy-wonderland like it has been but there is always the chance that Urobuchi does something "funny".
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 6, 2013 12:37 PM

Nov 2011
Darklight0303 said:
linchpin said:
Darklight0303 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Dashiawia said:

Really?

Precisely!

Technically she is still alive and could possibly be going on an alliance forging spree for revenge in the background. >_> She looked the type regardless of what kind of show this might be.

@6: Then they shouldn't have baited us with the prospect in the first episode. You really expect the audience to just completely forget about the war? Then again if you're here for just the tits and ass then I suspect that's easier to do.

Then Ledo will throw her over the horizon again ;)

Well, we remember, but people on Gargantia only heard about the whole galactic war from Ledo. What should they do? What can they do about a war in space? Even Ledo can't do anything about that and has to wait for the Alliance, which doesn't even know the location of Earth. And they aren't even looking for him.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 6, 2013 12:37 PM

Jan 2012
And people still don't seem to get that UroButcher only wrote the first and last episode *_* I hope it picks up before the last episode too though. I can dig SoL but this seemed like it was going down another path.
ReasonDesuMay 6, 2013 12:48 PM
May 6, 2013 12:46 PM
Oct 2012
linchpin said:
Enjoy it for what it is.

Contradictory?

linchpin said:

That's part of the problem, they should be. In this episode you had the fishermen sitting around with nothing to do because there were no fish with little confidence of their part of being able to find a fresh supply; in the last episode they made a big deal about collecting fresh water, and by their reactions it seems to be a rare occasion, and in the second or third episode it was hinted that if they didn't keep finding "Galaxy roads", they wouldn't have electricity. The tone in Amy's voice, the relief when they found it makes it certain that they don't always find it.

So it's not a matter of taking it for what it is. The writer is giving all these hints about a survivalist world, and then immediately contradicting what they have just told us. Not to rehash the episode 3 "killing is bad" argument (which I defended at the time), but that is another example of contradictory writing, which in Science Fiction is bad writing.

linchpin said:

On Earth, yes, but they are not on Earth, they are on a boat in the middle of the ocean. Such a life (surrounded by a toxic substance that can kill you (saltwater)) is very similar to living in space. That is why astronauts train there. Hell even aquatic animals don't live in large parts of the ocean for this reason.

Not looking for "heavy drama", really don't care about whether this is "serious" or not. What I do want though is a little consistency in the story. Don't say one thing, and then show the other. A writer can get away with it once or twice, but this show is making an awful habit of it.
May 6, 2013 12:49 PM

Apr 2008
linchpin said:

Well, we remember, but people on Gargantia only heard about the whole galactic war from Ledo. What should they do? What can they do about a war in space? Even Ledo can't do anything about that and has to wait for the Alliance, which doesn't even know the location of Earth. And they aren't even looking for him.

We don't know that. The thing is his beacon is apparently transmitting constantly. Something is going to pick up that signal. Either the Hideaz or the Alliance. I don't expect them to do anything. Since in a fight like that their only chance if Ledo and he's just one guy. My problem stems from the fact that this series is only 12 episodes long. This small limit means there is very little time. And if the plot does decide to make a return near the end, it will be impossibly rushed due to insufficient episodes. That's my main concern. If this were 24 eps long then I wouldn't really have a problem with a filler episode such as this. Hell I like fanservice as much as the next guy but not if it is in the detriment of the story.
May 6, 2013 1:01 PM

Nov 2011
Darklight0303 said:
linchpin said:

We don't know that. The thing is his beacon is apparently transmitting constantly. Something is going to pick up that signal. Either the Hideaz or the Alliance. I don't expect them to do anything. Since in a fight like that their only chance if Ledo and he's just one guy. My problem stems from the fact that this series is only 12 episodes long. This small limit means there is very little time. And if the plot does decide to make a return near the end, it will be impossibly rushed due to insufficient episodes. That's my main concern. If this were 24 eps long then I wouldn't really have a problem with a filler episode such as this. Hell I like fanservice as much as the next guy but not if it is in the detriment of the story.

That's another thing I just thought about. The best Ledo could do now is to tell Chamber to STOP broadcasting that distress signal, because the risk of attracting Hideauze to a defenseless planet is too great. Chamber should just listen for Alliance broadcasts.

(Also, unless the distress signal travels faster than light, it will take many years before it travels any significant distance)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember seeing long range communication between the fleets. That means that apart from Chamber the planet should be relatively "quiet" in space. And should stay that way.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
May 6, 2013 1:01 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty relaxing episode in between all the action. Well, relaxing apart from the transvestites, holy shit.

May 6, 2013 1:25 PM

Feb 2012
This episode was pretty funny, a lot of fanservice too, not that I mind...
I'm still expecting it to turn into something homicidal, since Urobutcher's name is linked to it, although due to a lot people saying he wrote only a part of it, I'm slowly losing my hopes.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 6, 2013 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
linchpin said:

On Earth, yes, but they are not on Earth, they are on a boat in the middle of the ocean. Such a life (surrounded by a toxic substance that can kill you (saltwater)) is very similar to living in space. That is why astronauts train there. Hell even aquatic animals don't live in large parts of the ocean for this reason.

I wanted to compare the two human cultures, not only living conditions.

IMHO, living on an artificial island floating on an ocean that provides food and power, under a sun that keeps you warm and clouds that provide fresh water sounds way better than life in space where everything is focused on war. But that's just how I see it.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
May 6, 2013 1:36 PM

Mar 2013
I don't think I can handle all this healing.
May 6, 2013 1:37 PM

Apr 2013
KingLear said:
This episode was pretty funny, a lot of fanservice too, not that I mind...
I'm still expecting it to turn into something homicidal, since Urobutcher's name is linked to it, although due to a lot people saying he wrote only a part of it, I'm slowly losing my hopes.
he wrote first and last episode.. I think this anime will be pretty chillax and centered around human social relations.
May 6, 2013 1:38 PM
Oct 2012
linchpin said:
I wanted to compare the two human cultures, not only living conditions.

IMHO, living on an artificial island floating on an ocean that provides food and power, under a sun that keeps you warm and clouds that provide fresh water sounds way better than life in space where everything is focused on war. But that's just how I see it.

Actually the comparisons are even more similar than you imagine. You have even more sunlight and free power in space than you do on earth (no pesky atmosphere), even more fresh water in the form of ice found readily in asteroids and comets and even small moons. Food would be a problem, but with the technology the Alliance has, it would be relatively easy to grow plants using hydroponics and create vat protein creating a predictable and secure food source, unlike on the boats. Indeed if one had to pick between ease of living, given the technological differences between the two societies, space would provide a much superior and comfortable lifestyle.

The big advantage to Suisei is that it of course has an atmosphere, but the people are as trapped to their boats as the Alliance is trapped to their spaceships. In both worlds people would die if they were to leave their ships. Of course in space the death would be much faster, but a slow death from thirst and exposure to the sun is certainly a more painful death.

But this is neither here nor there, my point isn't about such facts, but about how the writer says one thing and then shows another.
May 6, 2013 1:46 PM
Apr 2011
I'd rather this show not just be a slice of life thing. Crossing my fingers for something horrible to happen next episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2013 1:48 PM

Oct 2011
Nice chilled episode with a lot of fanservice :') it's nice to have stuff like this every once in a while but I'm hoping the action picks up next episode.
May 6, 2013 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
Fanservice. Boring episode. Hoping for more action or something in the next one.
May 6, 2013 2:04 PM

Nov 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Actually the comparisons are even more similar than you imagine.

I don't question the similarities between the environments. Of course humans could create great living conditions in space, similar to Earth. The MAIN difference though is not the living conditions, but the society and culture. One lives in relative peace, whereas the other has been at constant war for an indeterminate amount of time and that war shapes their whole existence.

I didn't notice the contradictions you talk about. Where is it stated that life on Gargantia is a constant struggle, that there's shortage of food and fresh water etc. etc.?

GET DROPBOX HERE!
May 6, 2013 2:06 PM

Dec 2012
I don't know about you guys but the space battle in the first episode was the worst part of the show for me, while the 4th episode is, by far, my favourite of those that have aired. So, I guess you'll understand why I'm glad this is not going the route of pure "mecha action" (I'm not very keen on watching implausible robots fight for episodes on end).

It's pretty obvious that the focus of the show is Ledo's interaction with the people of Gargantia, and while I'm sure there will be more action, if that's all you're looking for I think there are anime better suited to your tastes.

Also, regarding some comments such as "there's no way they could feel like partying when they're living with such scarce resources" - that's how it would seem from the outside, but when someone has been living in those conditions since their birth, that's all they know, they will make the most out of it. And it didn't even look that the fleet is doing that badly, everyone was quite relaxed from the beginning. By the way, there might not be fish at that given moment, but in this episode you could see they also have livestock etc. so I'm sure they will be fine.
May 6, 2013 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
Chamber been used like some grill lol. Is it just me, looks like I see a bride on the next eps screen..
Claude_KennyMay 6, 2013 2:13 PM
Keep moving forward
May 6, 2013 2:37 PM
Sep 2012
Would have been nice to see some of the other guys in swimsuits, like Joe. I really don't get why Saaya was basically called fat because she isn't. And of course, poor Chamber being used as a grill and left out all alone.
May 6, 2013 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
I couldn't care if this anime doesn't have any action in it but it seems some of the fans don't care about his brother returning to him, the space monsters being defeated or coming to their planet or finding out about his past.

If none of these important questions are answered then this is going in my top 100 crap anime list just like School Days, Guilty Crown, Kakumeiki Valvrave and the crap adaption of Umineko No Naku Koro Ni that so many fans on these forums try to protect these crappy series.
KiteTheAzureMay 6, 2013 2:51 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2013 3:10 PM

Apr 2008
KiteTheAzure said:
I couldn't care if this anime doesn't have any action in it but it seems some of the fans don't care about his brother returning to him, the space monsters being defeated or coming to their planet or finding out about his past.

If none of these important questions are answered then this is going in my top 100 crap anime list just like School Days, Guilty Crown, Kakumeiki Valvrave and the crap adaption of <b>Umineko No Naku Koro Ni</b> that so many fans on these forums try to protect these crappy series.

You hated the anime? MY LONG LOST TWIN WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!?
May 6, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2012
Great ep. Enjoyed it and had a lot of laughs.
and lol at Chamber~
May 6, 2013 3:22 PM

May 2011
Loved the fanservice and haha at Chamber at the end.
May 6, 2013 3:27 PM
Oct 2012
linchpin said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Actually the comparisons are even more similar than you imagine.

I don't question the similarities between the environments. Of course humans could create great living conditions in space, similar to Earth. The MAIN difference though is not the living conditions, but the society and culture. One lives in relative peace, whereas the other has been at constant war for an indeterminate amount of time and that war shapes their whole existence.

I didn't notice the contradictions you talk about. Where is it stated that life on Gargantia is a constant struggle, that there's shortage of food and fresh water etc. etc.?

Contradictions:
1) "Living in relative peace" when they had to worry about overpowering pirate fleets around them? During episode 2 several of Bellows ships were blown up by the pirates; during episode 3 several of their battleships were lit up like candles. 100s of their fellow crew members have just been killed, and they go to the beach?

2) Scarce resources: this episode: Large numbers of fishermen are unemployed? It's not like there is that much soil to grow vegetables or raise livestock. Fish drying up to that extent would be a disaster to this fleet. Yet they decide to splurge?

Last episode: so much joy over a rainstorm. Think about that. If rains were common, there wouldn't be such a rush to secure all the rain they could, so this means that rains are not common, and as such there is a severe danger of a drought.

Episode 3 (I believe) the necessity of finding new galaxy paths (or whatever they were called), or its tickets for them. These are people who live an extremely precarious existence, but they act as if all they have to do is to pick fruit off of a tree.

The writer shows all this stuff, but he doesn't draw the simple conclusion from the reality he created. Amy and the rest of the crew act like they never experienced hardship, when everything this show has revealed to us tells us that the world is far more hostile.

3) Here's a simple thought. They live on boats. Where exactly are they getting the material to make such well tailored clothing? Elastic and soles for shoes require rubber. Where is it coming from? This is like watching some "medieval epic" where everyone has great teeth.

I can point out others, but that isn't really my point. Fantasies have contradictions, I can accept that. Most writers ignore these contradictions, and this gloss allows you to suspend disbelief. I am perfectly fine with that.

What I dislike though is how this writer is going out of his way to highlight these contradictions, he is relying far too much on the audience suspending their disbelief, rather than spending just a little time and thought papering over such discrepancies. That is a sign of both lazy and bad writing.
May 6, 2013 4:25 PM
Jul 2012
^ Rain and galaxy paths are almost literal fruit falling from the tree, they'd be foolish not to collect them when they could. Scarce resources =/= grimdark famine.

As to rubber - there's a character named Bellows, professional salvager - perhaps you've heard of her? There's something like 20 billion tires sitting around doing not much on earth, and they'll be useful for anything that doesn't require treads for some 10,000 years.

Gargantia is fairly in line with what actual historical cultures did to maximize their use of resources, even as recent as the past 50-100 years. Recently, (absurd) comparisons were made between the Global Financial Crisis and the Great Depression - guess nobody read Steinbeck. Even now, the majority of people live on a few dollars a day, so yeah, scarcity does not mean what you think it means.
May 6, 2013 4:45 PM

Nov 2011
Takuan_Soho: I guess my belief-suspending skills are better than yours ;)

I've got enough realism in RL. I watch anime to escape from it. If I were to analyze anime like this, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much as I do.

They didn't say anything about casualties - you assume hundreds died. I assume no one died.

Fishermen don't fish - you assume it's starvation time. I think they must have other food sources/reserves, as they don't even ration the food.

Galaxy currents - yeah, they need to follow them. You think it's very difficult and they are sure to lose them eventually and die... and so on...

I'm just an optimist when it comes to anime, as opposed to RL.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
May 6, 2013 5:25 PM

May 2013
I pretty much signed up to MAL just to express my thoughts on the episode and mainly this discussion. I don't know but it seems to me, opinionated thoughts are moot in this setting. There are some saying this episode was bad, hell, the whole anime is bad. There are some saying it was great ( HOORAY fan service) and the likes.

I for one loved it. It's not really the fan service that caught me, it's probably the structure of the anime. I know as some of you say there is only 12 episodes but still, the anime is trying to portray a message right? All the while layering it juicy fan service and subtle character/plot development.

I think the anime is great at what it's trying to portray. How one copes with adjusting to an "alien" society and how they move on from "alien" to well to do upstanding citizen.

In the end.. I might come off sounding like a know it all but I respect everyone's thoughts.
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
May 6, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
It was nice to see more of the ship. And dayum those girls look nice.

5/5
[center]
May 6, 2013 6:07 PM

Dec 2012
To be honest, until episode 3-4, i expected some sort of Madoka Magica level slap on the face, since Urobutcher's name is linked to it,
but now everything looks so calming and set of colours is relaxing and I just can't imagine any tragic plot twist happening. Well, maybe some sort of enemies attacking Gargantia, Ledo remembering his brother (was it?) etc. Nothing more.

I liked the episode, tbh, 4/5. Besides, wise man once said: 'If it doesn't have a beach-day episode, it's not a real anime'. This had to happen, okay o 3o

But I couldn't relax because of the last goddamn ep of Shingeki no Kyojin I will forever be expecting unexpected stuff to happen :O
Anyways, who knows, this can turn into sort of action as well as just staying sol-ish and calm till the end. We'll see :D
May 6, 2013 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
I cant believe its come to this after the first 2 episodes. What a waste.
May 6, 2013 7:42 PM
Oct 2012
CallMeIshmael said:
As to rubber - there's a character named Bellows, professional salvager - perhaps you've heard of her? There's something like 20 billion tires sitting around doing not much on earth, and they'll be useful for anything that doesn't require treads for some 10,000 years.

Tires last around 250 years before completely decaying. Also, don't forget that the entire earth was supposed to be completely covered with ice. Glaciation and glacial flooding would have destroyed most of the buildings. Concrete would crumble, metal would be twisted wrecks, there would be no intact machines, in short nothing for her to scavenge.

CallMeIshmael said:
Gargantia is fairly in line with what actual historical cultures did to maximize their use of resources, even as recent as the past 50-100 years. Recently, (absurd) comparisons were made between the Global Financial Crisis and the Great Depression - guess nobody read Steinbeck. Even now, the majority of people live on a few dollars a day, so yeah, scarcity does not mean what you think it means.

I agree those comparing the GFC and the GD are idiots, but lack of income isn't the same thing as scarcity. There are no places on Earth today where there is the very real risk of starvation (most famines over the past 100 years have been political, not natural), in during the Great Depression there wasn't mass starvation (or any documented starvation). Whereas according to what we have been taught about this world, that should be a very real risk. That would change people. If you want to know what starvation does to people I would suggest "Bloodlands".

Linchpin, you are missing my point. I am not a "realist". I love fantasy. As I said if the writer didn't point out the things, if he instead glossing over it, I really wouldn't have much of an issue. There is a difference between a writer asking for a "suspension of disbelief" and a writer assuming his audience is credulous.

Even if this is supposed to be a "feel good" series, don't insult your audience. Take the 3rd episode for instance, after several dozen of her crew are killed and a fellow pilot nearly raped, Bellows whole speech about "violence is no answer" is idiotic. If you want to have that message, don't suggest that a character is about to be raped. You can "suspend disbelief" without the rape, but only a idiot would believe that line after seeing what happened. When we had this debate, I actually defended the writer, wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt. After a couple of more episodes of equally inane story telling, I no longer have this option.

This actually is one of the prime lessons in creative writing: don't let your readers think to much. You don't have to explain everything, but you should at least provide them with enough for them to not ask questions. If they have to ask whether or not the writer knows what he is doing, the writer has already lost.

Takuan_SohoMay 6, 2013 7:50 PM
May 6, 2013 8:00 PM
Oct 2007
Some people really get mad at fanservice episodes
May 6, 2013 8:03 PM
May 2013
zeroryoko1974 said:

For me this was a cool down episode given the events of what happen in SnK I needed an episode like this to stop my heart from exploding
May 6, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2010
TehBlindSamurai said:
zeroryoko1974 said:

For me this was a cool down episode given the events of what happen in SnK I needed an episode like this to stop my heart from exploding

This series is my relief form SnK...that recent ep really rush my adrenaline into my head and heart! 0,,0....*giggling in da corner*

May 7, 2013 3:42 AM

Feb 2012
A very relaxing episode to watch..
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 7, 2013 3:51 AM
Jun 2008
what happen to the 3 shemale.
Hope they are fine.
May 7, 2013 4:29 AM

May 2009
Some people really need to read synopsis of series before watching.
May 7, 2013 5:51 AM

Dec 2012
Though it was calm episode, it was pretty pleasing. We found out that Ledo was trying really hard to fit to the Gargantian people by searching for work. Though it was understandable considering that he is a mecha pilot that really focused on his job since his early days.
I wonder what was that giant sprinkler for. Was it for cleaning all the building on Gargantia?
Yakiniku party! I really want to taste the meat with old lady special sauce.

jbeat said:

Relaxing and funny if I do say so myself.

zeroryoko1974 said:

Some of the SnG audience here are expecting this series to be like "extreme epicness of mecha battle with huge laser gun that can destroy a star to make a black hole" or something similar to that. I think this is really great series! If some of the audience want a mecha battle scene extreme laser and explosion everywhere, I suggest to watch another series with shounen genre.
I like anime.
May 7, 2013 5:55 AM

Jun 2008
like some others i really enjoyed it despite the fact that it didn't develop the story. It was nice and relaxing and it built the characters a little.

Unfortunately for me, they gave us more faservice from the lolis instead of the ladies. I was more interested in checking Bellows and Ridgett's body. Special points to Ridgett for a very stylish swimsuit.
May 7, 2013 6:19 AM

Jul 2008
OfficialGuts said:
I don't mind a 20 min fanservice episode once in a while, but considering this anime is only a 1 cour season and that theres no second season in sight, its a waste for the storyline.

What waste of the storyline? The story is about a culture shock from a human from outer space when he comes to Earth.
Or do you people still think this is an actual action SF anime?

Mika_Inamori said:
Well those ships make a nice home for a lot of characters but this anime is getting boring. It has turned into a slice of life.

It IS a SOL Anime...
May 7, 2013 6:39 AM

Apr 2008
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Though it was calm episode, it was pretty pleasing. We found out that Ledo was trying really hard to fit to the Gargantian people by searching for work. Though it was understandable considering that he is a mecha pilot that really focused on his job since his early days.
I wonder what was that giant sprinkler for. Was it for cleaning all the building on Gargantia?
Yakiniku party! I really want to taste the meat with old lady special sauce.

jbeat said:

Relaxing and funny if I do say so myself.

zeroryoko1974 said:

Some of the SnG audience here are expecting this series to be like "extreme epicness of mecha battle with huge laser gun that can destroy a star to make a black hole" or something similar to that. I think this is really great series! If some of the audience want a mecha battle scene extreme laser and explosion everywhere, I suggest to watch another series with shounen genre.

Or how about they didn't bait us in with those things ON THE FIRST FUCKING EPISODE
May 7, 2013 7:10 AM
Feb 2012
^ haha I totally agree, compare ep1 vs. the pool & trannies.................
>_<

if gen wrote first and last ep only, I hope everyone gets eaten in the last ep ofc :)
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.