Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2015 3:48 AM

Aug 2013
My lil' sister watched Unlimited Fafnir and Absolute Duo just fine on last season. She didn't find them repulsive in any way and when i asked her, all she said is that she find the girls cute and the battle interesting. Even a couple days ago she remarked about how Danmachi is the best anime of the season. I guess such is a normal reactions when you're still young and unjaded, just like she is.
Jun 20, 2015 3:49 AM

Sep 2014
I haven't watched too many harem anime, but they often tend to be relatively obnoxious and/or boring.

Reverse harems are good if they're parodying the regular harems, and they actually do a good job of being funny. But like regular harems, the reverse kind can be as equally as obnoxious/boring if they take themselves seriously.
Jun 20, 2015 4:13 AM

Jun 2015
I'm a guy but I dont like harem anime either.
Hentai on the other hand is another matter altogether.
Jun 20, 2015 4:40 AM

Jul 2013
I think both kinds of harem anime are usually hilarious but Love Hina got a bit boring after a bit.
Jun 20, 2015 10:43 AM

May 2014
The MC of harem anime tends to be an indecisive douchebag who doesn't know who or what they want though, but I like to watch some for the comedy I suppose.

I'll be out ridin' my pony until it's time for candy
And I'll be naked, because I want to

Jun 20, 2015 10:52 AM
Jul 2018
TheBrainintheJar said:
I'm a guy and I really want to check out some reverse harem's. I'm really curious to see what it's like when it caters to females.

Harems are fun if the characters are unique/quirky enough, and they don't overdo it. Sadly, most are content with a dull male lead. It's so frustrating. Guys are people, too. Give us personality. I want to see what it's like when you're placed in the situation. Most male MC's are just plot-movers.

If you want a reverse harem, try out Ouran Highschool Host Club. At the very least, avoid Amnesia and Diabolik Lovers unless you want utterly psychotic love interests.

I haven't found a harem I enjoyed yet, but I'm planning on trying out Monster Musume and Prison School. I'm not against the idea of the genre but most of the time the characters don't appeal to me personally. I'd really like a yuri harem.
Jun 20, 2015 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
I'm a girl and I like harem anime. ^^ If girls are pretty and have interesting characters I see no objection to watching this type of anime.
Jun 20, 2015 12:51 PM

Jun 2014
some of the harem tropes are a bit boring or annoying. I havent seen much of the genre, but I would prefer not to watch harem anime, but if someone told me about a really good anime and it happened to be harem it wouldnt be much of a problem. I dont hate it, but I dont like it.
Jun 20, 2015 4:44 PM

May 2015
I'd like to recommend anyone here Date A Live. It occasionally falls to cliches, but when it doesn't it's full of good, goofy fun. It would've been better if they went Bamboo Blade and got rid of the harem story, but what's left is good enough.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 20, 2015 4:45 PM

Mar 2015
I like harem,but only if it's full of ecchi.
Jun 20, 2015 5:45 PM

Apr 2014
I think it's one of my lowest rated genre on Malgraph, so yeah, I'm not really a fan. That being said they are not inherently bad and I even found a few that I really enjoyed like Sora no Otoshimono.
Jun 20, 2015 6:11 PM

Jun 2015
Anime's with Harems are usually pretty boring.

The protagonist always leaves a lot to be desired, it's usually guaranteed. The love interests, whether it's harem or reverse harem, always fall into a certain trope and ONLY do things within that trope...which leads a lot of harem shows looking eerily similar.

It's kind of funny though because there's always a ton of choices but after awhile the writer gets sick of half the harem and they slowly disappear. End Game is often just a love triangle.

Overall...whenever I get into a harem/reverse harem anime I expect there's going to be a lot of awkward fan service and little to no payoff in actually watching it. ...Pretty optimistic, huh?
We humans are alive, even if we are assassins! Doesn't matter if it's a video game, movie, drama, anime, manga, WE'RE ALIVE!
Jun 20, 2015 6:18 PM

Sep 2014
They probably see it the same way we see romance novels

blunt wish fulfillment
Jun 20, 2015 6:21 PM

Jun 2015
It depends. I usually avoid them because the cliches are annoying, but once in a while I can tolerate one as long as the girls are cute without being try-hard and there is a decent story to it or if it's a relaxing and non-annoying slice of life.

TBQH, the main guy is always the most annoying character to me. The girls don't bother me as much as the main guy aside from the tsundere usually.
{ 春にはすべてが変わるでしょう。}
Jun 20, 2015 6:23 PM

Jan 2015
I like them. In fact, harem is one of my favorite genres. I have no idea why I like them. I just do lol

I guess just romance of any kind (even weird ass romances like harems) I like.
Jun 20, 2015 6:25 PM

Jun 2014
Travls said:
The protagonist always leaves a lot to be desired, it's usually guaranteed. The love interests, whether it's harem or reverse harem, always fall into a certain trope and ONLY do things within that trope...which leads a lot of harem shows looking eerily similar.

That's my main problems with them, the outcome is so predictable. & the protagonist is an average guy who has an harem for no reasons.
Jun 20, 2015 7:15 PM
Jun 2015
Don't really overly enjoy them, but their OK.
But the one I actually really liked was amnesia
Jun 20, 2015 7:45 PM

Mar 2015
as long it comedy/story/romance(just need 1) are works, i have no problem watch harem/reverse harem series.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 20, 2015 8:08 PM

Nov 2008
Being both a fangirl of characters and fluffy romance, I quite like a few of them.

if the male MC is hot, I'll at least check out the first ep.

I will give every reverse harem a try by default...unless I don't like the art or hear bad things.
ChiibiJun 20, 2015 8:12 PM

Jun 20, 2015 8:09 PM

May 2013
Harem > Reverse harem for me (but Akatsuki no Yona is an exeption because the harem was an undertone)

Reverse harem doesn't appeal to me that much and i guess it will never be (besides the boys)
Harem, however, i like it but what i dislike about it is the ridiculous boobs and dense protag.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 20, 2015 8:09 PM

May 2014
I usually don't watch them because the MC is almost always a dumbass pussy who doesn't ever do anything.As much as I hated Makoto from School Days, that ended up being my favorite harem anime simply because he fucked all the girls. But even he was still kind of a loser.

In general I don't usually like them too much. I feel like harem has got to be the most cliched genre. I like hentai harems better.
"It's time for beatin' the homeless to the oldies!"

- Hajime Muroto.
Jun 21, 2015 1:04 PM

Nov 2013
Well, I enjoy harem. But the MC is killing the enjoyment factor especially when he is clueless as shit. ( except Issei, he's the MC who knows what he wants! )

And I've pretty much given up on reverse harems. The female lead is just, bland, stupid and meh. The boys are even more pretty than the girl! ( ouran was a reverse harem done right )

Diabolik Lovers, Amnesia, Kamigami no Asobi <<< this shits are soooo boring I could hardly get pass an episode without falling asleep. What the hell's wrong with the MC?!
Jun 21, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 2015
Still one of the worst anime genres.
Jun 21, 2015 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
DenzRui said:
And I've pretty much given up on reverse harems. The female lead is just, bland, stupid and meh. The boys are even more pretty than the girl! ( ouran was a reverse harem done right )

Diabolik Lovers, Amnesia, Kamigami no Asobi <<< this shits are soooo boring I could hardly get pass an episode without falling asleep. What the hell's wrong with the MC?!

I highly suggest Akatsuki No Yona. One of the best reverse "harems" I've ever seen....and in quotes because even though there are a lot of pretty guys, they DON'T ALL fall for the heroine and push themselves on her. The heroine herself is awesome.

Jun 21, 2015 4:16 PM

Sep 2014
i guess it also depends on what you consider a harem or not

steins;gate or RahXephon for example could be considered harem by some and yet they are totally different from majority of harems
Jun 21, 2015 4:19 PM

Jun 2014
Chiibi said:
DenzRui said:

I highly suggest Akatsuki No Yona. One of the best reverse "harems" I've ever seen....and in quotes because even though there are a lot of pretty guys, they DON'T ALL fall for the heroine and push themselves on her. The heroine herself is awesome.

This + Hanasakeru Seishounen
Jun 21, 2015 4:45 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoy watching harems so I can see things from a guy's point of view

Men are such perverts
Jun 21, 2015 4:46 PM

Aug 2012
Very annoying and very repetitive. Every harem anime is the same from what I watched and heard so far.
Jun 21, 2015 4:47 PM

Jul 2012
DenzRui said:

wtf
kamigami no asobi has a great MC and it's a decent show

what are u smoking
Jun 22, 2015 3:24 AM

May 2015
Imagine what happened if you had a Harem anime with an actual developed MC. It could really be a fun genre, but the MC just makes things so convenient.
Jun 22, 2015 4:45 AM
May 2015
ihateeveryone said:
They're not really my cup of tea. Most of them are generally predictable with a brainless make lead and a bunch of stereotyped girls. There are some rare gems in them. I don't like all the fanservice and naive minds that all the characters have though.

They're less enjoyable for me probably because they usually rely on fanservice, which being a girl irritates, not entertains me.

This.and for me,i love watching anime that i can relate to.The thing is,Harem is just unrealistic and unappealing for me.I really can't relate to the girls in harem series,they may have great personalities,but how they act around the male protagonist.How they are appealed to him and how they really start acting fond and intimate to him immediately.Like,they just see the male protagonist and they immediately fall for him.I just can't imagine this happening in reality.For me it just reflects an arrogant dream or wish for people.I would never wish for that,so it defies what i believe in regarding human relationships.These human interactions seem superficial and annoying to me.In addition,i really can't stand fanservice specially when it overcovers the plot.Anyways i am just expressing why i hate harems,but maybe it is just how they are.I think no matter how a harem is successful and have a great ost,plot,characters i will probably hate them in the end.That doesn't mean harem is shit or trash in reality.It is,but just for me.Like how i love apples and hate bananas,that doesn't mean bananas are unlikeable or bad,it just doesn't fit my taste.So i can say,it is not my cup of tea.
-______m-Jun 22, 2015 11:19 AM
Jun 22, 2015 5:07 AM

Nov 2014
I would like to see an harem MC whos objective in life is just getting bitches for the sake of getting them, then ditching said bitches to get more bitches.
Jun 22, 2015 5:48 AM

Feb 2014
Boring and objectifying.Some have some good comedic moments,but that is as far as they go.

Reverse harems suck on chode as well.Only worth for the eye candy,and the mindlessness.Though,this is for all you knocking on Ouran,it was way more respectable in its (unrealistic admittedly) portrayals than 99,9% of harems that I've tried to see.
Jun 22, 2015 8:18 AM

Jan 2015
Harem is usually very boring with stereotypical characters, same towards reverse-harem.
Anime like OHSHC was tolerable because of the comedy etc. If they have other quirks I could watch through one.

Jun 22, 2015 8:44 AM

Apr 2013
What I think of them.. Ihave yet to see a single well done Harem in an anime. So... That's usually something in between a useless add to the anime (if not taking too much place in the story) to a reason to not watch/drop the anime (if it does).
Jun 22, 2015 9:30 AM

Apr 2011
I honestly don't mind harems as long as it doesn't destroy the plot too much. As for reverse harems... I enjoy cos I enjoy otome games, lol.
Jun 22, 2015 10:02 AM
Feb 2012
"If you've seen one, you know them all."

A rule easily applicable to the concept of harems. Now there's different types of harems of course. Me, I enjoy the ones where the protagonist actually has the balls to go all the way instead of just <insert boring harem antics everyone and their mom is sick of>. Which actually have become quite rare these days now that I think about it... (remember Yosuga no Sora? Good times)
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 9, 2015 8:13 AM
Jul 2015
I hate harem animes that has a plot which ALL the female characters developed romatic feelings towards a guy. But there are some harem animes that I liked, which other female characters didn't have any romantic feelings toward the guy, and only one girl ends up with the guy.
Jul 9, 2015 8:19 AM

Mar 2015
who necro this? seriously. there are also reverse harem. harem genre is not special to boy.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jul 9, 2015 8:23 AM

Jul 2015
i hate harem and im a guy. Im not gay but i cant like slutty characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2015 8:39 AM

Jun 2014
My sister says all harem anime are bland, I couldn't agree more.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jul 9, 2015 12:08 PM

May 2015
FireEmblemIke24 said:
My sister says all harem anime are bland, I couldn't agree more.

Try Date A Live. It still falls to cliches sometimes, but it has enough acton and funny characters to make up for it.
Jul 9, 2015 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
I dislike harems without romance and bad comedy. I mean, theoretically it could be watched and enjoyed but nothing would ever progress.
Jul 9, 2015 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
I like a lot of harem shows (although the harem aspect isn't what attracts me to them). I recently watched ataksuki no yona which is a reverse harem but I really enjoyed that too.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jul 9, 2015 1:56 PM

Apr 2015
I watched a few harems and seen clips of them. I think harems are at its best when the go comedy. Because there wont be having force development. There cliche but that doesn't make them bad. In other words there mindless fun.
Jul 9, 2015 3:09 PM

Apr 2014
I'm a girl and i love harem anime >.< i prefer it than reverse harem xD idk, i just like girls.
Jul 9, 2015 4:01 PM
Jul 2011
Harems are good when they don't try to be overly romantic and involve a broader story and have some redeeming qualities. Even though Haganai had its annoying bits, the comedic parts were good and a number of the characters good outside of wanting to be Kodaka's lover. Similarly, I enjoyed Danmachi because it was mostly Bell fighting with friends. I think it's the stupid cliches and cattiness that makes me uninterested in harem girls.

Are there many reverse harems that don't focus on the male choices placating the girl? As suggested, if you can consider Yona a reverse harem, then it's entertaining because she has a goal beyond romance. But since there are plenty of fan and fujo service in reverse harems they can be really irritating for guys. I mean there's an anime this season where a guy is a virtual lover to the audience and I sure as hell am not watching that one either.
Jul 9, 2015 4:28 PM

Mar 2011
As a girl? I FIGHT FOR THE BEST GIRL
Jul 9, 2015 4:29 PM

Feb 2014
If there is cute girls then why not.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Choose one and give your reason for doing so. [NO SPOILERS]

TsutanaiFuun - 43 minutes ago

3 by Ratris_Decision »»
5 minutes ago

» Popular and acclaimed anime that you do not understand the hype of?

Semester1 - 6 hours ago

29 by Serafos »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime songs that give you goosebumps.

TsutanaiFuun - 1 hour ago

15 by Ratris_Decision »»
7 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect. ( 1 2 3 )

Gashadokur0 - May 21

106 by APolygons2 »»
9 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7193 by digiraiter »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.