Forum Settings
Forums

Subtitled/Subbed or English Dubbed anime (aka Subs vs. Dubs v2)

New
Pages (176) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 16, 2011 10:13 PM
Jul 2011
I much prefer subs. For me, the english voice acting just doesn't do it. It doesn't have as much quality to it as the japanese version. The emotion just isn't there. Just try watching Grave of the Fireflies with english dubbing. It's just not as emotionally engaging
Jul 17, 2011 6:44 PM

Jun 2011
sendoh12 said:
I much prefer subs. For me, the english voice acting just doesn't do it. It doesn't have as much quality to it as the japanese version. The emotion just isn't there. Just try watching Grave of the Fireflies with english dubbing. It's just not as emotionally engaging

Funny how the exact same situation happened to me too. I watched it first with subs and I got to admit, I teared or maybe cried a little. But when it was English dubbed, I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing, lol. Makes me wonder how Clannad would've affected me if I watched it dubbed.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." -Unknown
Jul 17, 2011 7:24 PM

Aug 2010
Man is there anybody that's just neutral on this whole sub/dub thing? I can do both easily if the dub is good. Its like you can't deny the greatness that is the Cowboy Bebop or Baccano dubs so I watch them because with that I don't need to read subs. But I watch subs just as equally if the dub is average to below or I just know the dub will be terrible like say a Clannad dub. I know that would just be awful so I watch the sub respectively.
Jul 17, 2011 9:42 PM

Jun 2008
2Handed_Cutlass said:
But I watch subs just as equally if the dub is average to below or I just know the dub will be terrible like say a Clannad dub. I know that would just be awful so I watch the sub respectively.

I find it odd you call yourself neutral when you can somehow "know" that a dub will be bad.
Jul 17, 2011 10:51 PM

Jun 2007
Neutral? There's nothing to be 50/50 over. Nationality does not determine talent. Only a Wapanese prat would even suggest it's automatically better not to listen to something in one's own language. We'd all communicate by writing on paper if it was preferable to communicate via text.

Some original casts are better; some dub casts are better. Sometimes cultral edits improve the experience. Nothing is set in stone. But one certainity is that, if there isn't much between the voice acting, it's better to listen and watch, rather than read.

On a site filled with as many ignorant sheep as MAL is, threads like this should just be closed. What's the point? Seeing two or more try to win at online argument retardation showdowns loses its luster, after awhile.
Jul 17, 2011 10:54 PM

Jun 2011
AironicallyHuman said:
What's the point? Seeing two or more try to win at online argument retardation showdowns loses its luster, after awhile.

"Arguments over the internet are like the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

Lol I couldn't resist quoting my sister. I'm probably gonna get some hate for using the word "retarded", but oh well.

"To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." -Unknown
Jul 17, 2011 11:01 PM
Mar 2011
Worst thing in some Dubs is the Cultural Edits turns anime in to a Joke
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 18, 2011 12:03 AM

Sep 2010
But one certainity is that, if there isn't much between the voice acting, it's better to listen and watch, rather than read.

That's not certain nor set in stone.

On a site filled with as many ignorant sheep as MAL is, threads like this should just be closed. What's the point?

Here's where reading would help. The opening post explains this thread is exists because this kind of topic will continue to popup as newfags enter and want promenade their newly found dubfaggotry or subfaggotry.

Seeing two or more try to win at online argument retardation showdowns loses its luster, after awhile.

Apparently not on any forum known to man.

Jul 18, 2011 4:26 AM
Nov 2008
Anime_Name said:
You repeated that didn't experience a problem while making the context misleadingly negative.

Lol, what? I think you must have been a bit tired when you posted that. Anyways, we're good now.

Schonn said:
Funny how the exact same situation happened to me too. I watched it first with subs and I got to admit, I teared or maybe cried a little. But when it was English dubbed, I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing, lol. Makes me wonder how Clannad would've affected me if I watched it dubbed.

For me, it's actually the opposite. This has nothing to do with quality though, but more so to do understanding the emotion. As I've posted earlier in this thread, and in previous threads, just having the emotion there doesn't cut it. When I'm reading a sad book, I can imagine the emotion being portrayed by the characters, so I can sometimes feel sad. When I'm watching, or listening, to something in English and I can understand the words being portrayed along with the emotions, I can also have my emotions plucked in a similar manner. Combining the emotion of a language I don't understand, with text that leaves nothing to my imagination, kinda kills it for me. It's similar to the difference in response to a horror/slasher flick watched in the day, to a horror/slasher flick watched at night. It's hard to explain, really. I guess I feel a greater connection to the moment when the emotion is portrayed auditorily in a language I understand?

I mean, I did feel something when watching CLANNAD: After Story, but that was because the sad moments were extremely, extremely visual in their representation.
Jul 18, 2011 5:37 AM

Jul 2010
When you watch in dub, it just feels like less of an anime, and more regular tv show. And subbed is how the director intended to be. But, some dubs I really enjoy compared to subs like the Mushishi one. I felt Travis Willington (is that his name?) Fit Ginko's voice much better than the sub where he sounded younger. But, he also voiced Mustang in the Brotherhood dub and I did not find his voice fitting at all. I guess it's your preference, but in shoujo animes, I find dubs cannot capture alot of the comedy and drama scenes.
fishergirl16Jul 18, 2011 5:50 AM
Jul 18, 2011 5:55 AM

Jul 2010
Onibokusu said:
Anime_Name said:
You repeated that didn't experience a problem while making the context misleadingly negative.

Lol, what? I think you must have been a bit tired when you posted that. Anyways, we're good now.

Schonn said:

For me, it's actually the opposite. This has nothing to do with quality though, but more so to do understanding the emotion. As I've posted earlier in this thread, and in previous threads, just having the emotion there doesn't cut it. When I'm reading a sad book, I can imagine the emotion being portrayed by the characters, so I can sometimes feel sad. When I'm watching, or listening, to something in English and I can understand the words being portrayed along with the emotions, I can also have my emotions plucked in a similar manner. Combining the emotion of a language I don't understand, with text that leaves nothing to my imagination, kinda kills it for me. It's similar to the difference in response to a horror/slasher flick watched in the day, to a horror/slasher flick watched at night. It's hard to explain, really. I guess I feel a greater connection to the moment when the emotion is portrayed auditorily in a language I understand?

I mean, I did feel something when watching CLANNAD: After Story, but that was because the sad moments were extremely, extremely visual in their representation.

I watched Clannad in sub, and I enjoyed it extremely. When I watched it in dub again, I admit I felt the same emotions. I liked it in sub and dub but sub more, but I think alot of it accounts for the one you watched it first through. It's just how you know the voices from the beginning and it sticks with you. Watching again, whether you watched it in sub or dub, somewhat makes you have a biases view of
Jul 18, 2011 5:57 AM

Jul 2010
Sorry pressed post already ;p but it makes you have a biased view of what you watched first.
Jul 18, 2011 6:34 AM

Aug 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
2Handed_Cutlass said:
But I watch subs just as equally if the dub is average to below or I just know the dub will be terrible like say a Clannad dub. I know that would just be awful so I watch the sub respectively.

I find it odd you call yourself neutral when you can somehow "know" that a dub will be bad.

Its just certain things I've come to expect from certain types of anime. Watching Clannad subbed which I thought was freaking amazing will to me most likely feel like the dub is garbage. I consider myself neutral because I don't prefer one or the other, Mostly its what's directly available to me. If I'm not sure about a dub I just watch it subbed you can never go wrong there and if a dub is really good usually people will let me know.

At least I'm not the "OMG ITS NOT HOW ANIME SHOULD BE!!!!" types. I can easily accept both.
Jul 18, 2011 10:43 AM

Aug 2007
fishergirl16 said:
Sorry pressed post already ;p but it makes you have a biased view of what you watched first.

Not true at all. I started with dubs and prefer subs.
Jul 18, 2011 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
fishergirl16 said:
When you watch in dub, it just feels like less of an anime, and more regular tv show. And subbed is how the director intended to be.

No. No Japanese director intended for subtitles to be constantly showing up on the bottom of the screen.

And anime is tv shows.

2Handed_Cutlass said:
Redfoxoffire said:
2Handed_Cutlass said:

Its just certain things I've come to expect from certain types of anime. Watching Clannad subbed which I thought was freaking amazing will to me most likely feel like the dub is garbage. I consider myself neutral because I don't prefer one or the other, Mostly its what's directly available to me. If I'm not sure about a dub I just watch it subbed you can never go wrong there and if a dub is really good usually people will let me know.

At least I'm not the "OMG ITS NOT HOW ANIME SHOULD BE!!!!" types. I can easily accept both.

Being too quick to judge what you haven't heard hardly makes you "neutral" at all. Yeah, you're not a typical hater, but that doesn't mean you haven't said something problematic.

Drunk_Samurai said:
fishergirl16 said:

I think he meant show-by-show. Like if you start watching a show dubbed (and like it), you will tend to prefer it that way. If you start watching it subbed, same thing. This is very common.
Jul 18, 2011 1:16 PM

Sep 2010
Drunk_Samurai said:
fishergirl16 said:

Same here. Everything I watched was in dub form up until about 3 years ago.

Jul 18, 2011 1:33 PM

Jul 2011
I honestly can say I couldn't care less about the Dub vs Sub argument, If a dub of a show I want to watch is available I'll check it out, if somehow it ends up being terrible I'll switch to sub, (granted, I haven't had to make that switch).

It's an argument of availability and quality of course, it's foolish to say that SUBS >>>>>DUBS as that will not always be the case, and goes on a person-by-person basis.
Jul 18, 2011 1:44 PM

Mar 2011
I hardly ever look at dubs, if i cant find the subbed video and there is a dub out, i wont watch it, I just like watching subs:) starting to learn Japanese too:D

this excludes DBZ, cuz i guess i grew up watching that in dubbed:P
Jul 18, 2011 1:52 PM

Sep 2010
it's foolish to say that SUBS >>>>>DUBS as that will not always be the case

If I like and finish more subbed anime than dubbed then SUBS >>>>>>>>>DUBS seems like a fine statement for me to have, as long as bigger number > smaller number.

Jul 18, 2011 2:09 PM

Jan 2009
Anime_Name said:
it's foolish to say that SUBS >>>>>DUBS as that will not always be the case

If I like and finish more subbed anime than dubbed then SUBS >>>>>>>>>DUBS seems like a fine statement for me to have, as long as bigger number > smaller number.

saying Subs > Dubs doesn't mean that all subs are better than dubs. It means that as a whole, subs are better.
Jul 19, 2011 2:15 AM
Nov 2008
fishergirl16 said:

I watched Clannad in sub, and I enjoyed it extremely. When I watched it in dub again, I admit I felt the same emotions. I liked it in sub and dub but sub more, but I think alot of it accounts for the one you watched it first through. It's just how you know the voices from the beginning and it sticks with you. Watching again, whether you watched it in sub or dub, somewhat makes you have a biases view of

That's an extremely simple way of putting it, but it is how it usually works out for people (what you experience first tends to be what you prefer). I give both versions a chance though, and usually decide on which I prefer after seeing both (if both the English and Japanese languages options are available for a title).

People like to pin me as a dub-lover, whilst the truth is I just don't agree with the mindless bashing of English dubs. I'll watch an anime in either language, and I have dubs (from both languages) that I don't like. But, when it comes to emotions, it happens for me like the above. I feel a greater connection, or something, when watching media in my native language.
Jul 19, 2011 3:35 AM

Jul 2008
This thread gave me cancer.
Jul 19, 2011 11:26 AM

Aug 2007
Redfoxoffire said:

Drunk_Samurai said:
fishergirl16 said:

I think he meant show-by-show. Like if you start watching a show dubbed (and like it), you will tend to prefer it that way. If you start watching it subbed, same thing. This is very common.

Again, that is not true. I started dubs on shows and then started watching their subs.

Onibokusu said:
fishergirl16 said:

That's an extremely simple way of putting it, but it is how it usually works out for people (what you experience first tends to be what you prefer). I give both versions a chance though, and usually decide on which I prefer after seeing both (if both the English and Japanese languages options are available for a title).

People like to pin me as a dub-lover, whilst the truth is I just don't agree with the mindless bashing of English dubs. I'll watch an anime in either language, and I have dubs (from both languages) that I don't like. But, when it comes to emotions, it happens for me like the above. I feel a greater connection, or something, when watching media in my native language.

Since when do you like subs? You hate all fansubs.
Drunk_SamuraiJul 19, 2011 11:30 AM
Jul 19, 2011 1:20 PM

Jun 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Drunk_Samurai said:
fishergirl16 said:

Again, that is not true. I started dubs on shows and then started watching their subs.

It is true, actually. It does not always apply and people can still switch, but I never said it is always the case that you'll prefer the first version you experience, just that it's common.
Jul 19, 2011 1:39 PM

Jan 2009

In general, people prefer what ever they hear first. That's obviously not true 100% of the time, but you can say it's true the vast majority of the time.
Jul 19, 2011 1:47 PM

Sep 2010
Meh_93 said:

In general, people prefer what ever they hear first. That's obviously not true 100% of the time, but you can say it's true the vast majority of the time.

Only if that person wants to make unprovable shit up.

Jul 19, 2011 2:43 PM

Jun 2008
Anime_Name said:
Meh_93 said:

Only if that person wants to make unprovable shit up.

This is not 'made up.' It's an observable truth. Haven't you noticed how often people say they like things like DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, and Fullmetal Alchemist in English? Do you think it's just because they have stellar dubs? While that might occasionally be the case, it's almost too obvious that these are the shows people saw on tv in English before really getting into anime, and it didn't bother them then because that was how they knew it. Switching to a subbed version on those feels weird as it does going from subbed to dubbed in any other random show.
Jul 19, 2011 3:56 PM

Jul 2011
I'll have to go with the subtitles since it wont sound good being dubbed. The original language is allways the better one.
Aisha reported that God's Apostle married her when she was seven years old, and she was taken to his house AS A BRIDE WHEN SHE WAS NINE, AND HER DOLLS WERE WITH HER, and when he(the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. Sahih Muslim, Book 008. Number 331D
Jul 19, 2011 4:07 PM

Sep 2008
I have no preference. As long as there is genuine effort and good quality in the voice acting, I could care less what language I listen to my anime in. I find it perplexing that there are still people wanting to debate on this topic, especially when there will never be any conclusion to it as it is fueled by personal preferences on the matter.
Jul 19, 2011 4:11 PM

Sep 2010
Do you think it's just because they have stellar dubs?

That would be the proper question to ask people who have said they like any particular dub instead of assigning a reason to them that supports a generality, which is confirmation bias.

Jul 19, 2011 5:31 PM

Jun 2008
Anime_Name said:

That would be the proper question to ask people who have said they like any particular dub instead of assigning a reason to them that supports a generality, which is confirmation bias.

If you knew anything about deductive reasoning, I doubt you'd be saying this. If you can't see the common themes here, I have nothing left to say.
Jul 19, 2011 5:44 PM

Aug 2007
Redfoxoffire said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Drunk_Samurai said:
fishergirl16 said:

It is true, actually. It does not always apply and people can still switch, but I never said it is always the case that you'll prefer the first version you experience, just that it's common.

"you will tend to prefer it that way." Nice try.
Jul 19, 2011 5:59 PM

Sep 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Anime_Name said:

If you knew anything about deductive reasoning, I doubt you'd be saying this. If you can't see the common themes here, I have nothing left to say.

It does not mean the person doing the deducing is not a complete loon and is grasping at straws. Inspector Gadget used deductive reasoning too. You two might get along.

Jul 19, 2011 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Drunk_Samurai said:
fishergirl16 said:

"you will tend to prefer it that way." Nice try.

Since when does "tend to" = "always?" Also notice the "and like it" part for dubs you start with but don't actually click with you.

Anime_Name said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Anime_Name said:

It does not mean the person doing the deducing is not a complete loon and is grasping at straws. Inspector Gadget used deductive reasoning too. You two might get along.

Just the fact that you try to outright deny this possibility makes me question your intelligence. And it's not like you're someone who recently waltzed into this discussion and hasn't seen what I'm referring to. I know you've seen it. I get the feeling you're arguing just for the sake of arguing because you don't want to agree with me on something, or because you don't want to agree that there's even the slightest chance that a person could have a legitimate reason for preferring an anime English dubbed.
Jul 19, 2011 6:51 PM

Sep 2010
I get the feeling you're arguing just for the sake of arguing because you don't want to agree with me on something, or because you don't want to agree that there's even the slightest chance that a person could have a legitimate reason for preferring an anime English dubbed.

I just called the theory that goes "In general, people prefer what ever they hear first." baloney. It is not a legitimate reason. It is a cop-out attempt to speak on someone else's behalf and it makes it seem that happenstance plays a larger part in forming a preference rather than any of the reasons people have actually given for themselves.

So if you want to keep talking in big sweeping generalizations I am going to disagree when your observable truths are you jumping to conclusions.
Anime_NameJul 19, 2011 7:42 PM

Jul 19, 2011 7:26 PM

Jan 2009
Anime_Name said:
I get the feeling you're arguing just for the sake of arguing because you don't want to agree with me on something, or because you don't want to agree that there's even the slightest chance that a person could have a legitimate reason for preferring an anime English dubbed.

I just called the theory that goes "In general, people prefer what ever they hear first." baloney. It is not a legitimate reason. It is a cop-out attempt to speak on someone else's behalf and it makes it seem that happenstance plays a larger part in forming a preference rather than any of the reasons people have actually given for themselves.

So if you want to keep talking in big sweeping generalizations I am going to disagree when you are observable truths are you jumping to conclusions.

We're just saying they tend to prefer the Dub or the Sub for that particular show, not form a preference of dubs or subs for all shows. I really don't understand how you can out right deny all generalizations.
Jul 19, 2011 7:46 PM

Sep 2010
I never said I would deny all generalizations. Only the shitty ones.

Jul 19, 2011 7:52 PM

Jan 2009
Anime_Name said:
if you want to keep talking in big sweeping generalizations I am going to disagree

that implies you are denying all generalizations.
Jul 19, 2011 8:25 PM

Sep 2010
I know there was a typo in that last sentence but don't misquote me by leaving out important conditional statements.

Jul 19, 2011 8:40 PM
Nov 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:

Since when do you like subs? You hate all fansubs.

Hah, and when have I said that? There are a few decent groups whose releases I'll watch. Also, since when was 'subs' limited to merely 'fansubs'?

You never cease to amaze me, Samurai.
Jul 19, 2011 8:45 PM

Jan 2009
Anime_Name said:
I know there was a typo in that last sentence but don't misquote me by leaving out important conditional statements.

I didn't leave out important conditional statements. The whole quote is:

Anime_Name said:

So if you want to keep talking in big sweeping generalizations I am going to disagree when your observable truths are you jumping to conclusions.

Since we're getting off topic, my question to you is, do you prefer subs 100% of the time?
Jul 19, 2011 8:50 PM

Sep 2010
No.

Jul 19, 2011 8:54 PM
Mar 2011
take a view of a native on board
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 19, 2011 8:55 PM
Nov 2008
Anime_Name said:
No.

I dunno. If Samurai can seem to come to the conclusion that I hate fansubs, subs in general, based upon the fact that I support English dubs, then one could natrually come to the conclusion that you prefer subs 100% of the time. It is the MAL way.
Jul 19, 2011 9:03 PM

Mar 2011
I watch both ways because then watching is so much more accesible so it doesn't really matter to me.

I started off watching English dubbed shows on Toonami (although at the time I didn't know they were dubbed). The first time I watched a sub was Cardcaptor Sakura because I found out that the English version changed a RIDICULOUS amount of stuff related to the story and I was much better off for having watched the sub. True it was weird at first to watch and read at the same time but I got used to it eventually.

It's nice to be able to watch subs because a lot of shows don't get a dub (which is another reason I started watching more subbed anime). However with dubs it is nice to be able to watch anime and actually know what the characters are saying just by listening.

The only real problem I have with watching dubs is when things get lost of translation or when I watch too many in a row. There are only so many dub companies out there and after a while some of the voices become familiar and it makes each new show seem less unique when voices are reused. With subs I don't recognize voices as easily so there doesn't seem to be much repetition and there seem to be A LOT of Japanese voice actors.

As for dubs vs. subs of a certain show, listening to Japanese sounds cooler because it's foreign, which probably based just on that makes a lot of people like it more. In the end though I think it really boils down to which you listen to first and get used to. Once you get used to how characters sound it just sounds weird/bad hearing it any other way. Imagine if they remade something like Toy Story or the Lion King with a new cast? Even if the actors were goodd people wouldn't like it because it wasn't what they were used to.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Jul 19, 2011 9:14 PM

Jan 2009
itsthatguy said:
In the end though I think it really boils down to which you listen to first and get used to. Once you get used to how characters sound it just sounds weird/bad hearing it any other way. Imagine if they remade something like Toy Story or the Lion King with a new cast? Even if the actors were goodd people wouldn't like it because it wasn't what they were used to.

Yup, I agree with this. It's like, "In general, people prefer what ever they hear first".
Jul 19, 2011 9:21 PM

Sep 2010
Meh_93 said:
itsthatguy said:
In the end though I think it really boils down to which you listen to first and get used to. Once you get used to how characters sound it just sounds weird/bad hearing it any other way. Imagine if they remade something like Toy Story or the Lion King with a new cast? Even if the actors were goodd people wouldn't like it because it wasn't what they were used to.

Yup, I agree with this. It's like, "In general, people prefer what ever they hear first".

Not true. It also does not say anything about people that buy anime DVDs before ever seeing the show and what causes them to have a audio preference, if any. Like I said before trying to speak for others' just doesn't work for this type of generalization.

Jul 19, 2011 10:30 PM

Feb 2010
i am so disappointed i bought the seto no hanayome boxset from rightstuf and after watching the first 3 episodes that were dubbed i lost interest so fast in what is my second favorite series. it's just ridiculous how badly they messed this up but i can't really say i wasn't expecting it since i had subs before so i could actually understand everything they said. but these voice actors can't freaking articulate. damn funimation
Jul 20, 2011 11:22 AM

Jan 2009
Anime_Name said:
Not true. It also does not say anything about people that buy anime DVDs before ever seeing the show and what causes them to have a audio preference, if any. Like I said before trying to speak for others' just doesn't work for this type of generalization.

When did anyone say anything about buying the DVD's creating and audio preference? And most DVD's (all by FUNimation, not sure about other companies) are dual audio.
Jul 20, 2011 8:09 PM

Dec 2010
itsthatguy said:
I watch both ways because then watching is so much more accesible so it doesn't really matter to me.

I started off watching English dubbed shows on Toonami (although at the time I didn't know they were dubbed). The first time I watched a sub was Cardcaptor Sakura because I found out that the English version changed a RIDICULOUS amount of stuff related to the story and I was much better off for having watched the sub. True it was weird at first to watch and read at the same time but I got used to it eventually.

It's nice to be able to watch subs because a lot of shows don't get a dub (which is another reason I started watching more subbed anime). However with dubs it is nice to be able to watch anime and actually know what the characters are saying just by listening.

The only real problem I have with watching dubs is when things get lost of translation or when I watch too many in a row. There are only so many dub companies out there and after a while some of the voices become familiar and it makes each new show seem less unique when voices are reused. With subs I don't recognize voices as easily so there doesn't seem to be much repetition and there seem to be A LOT of Japanese voice actors.

But that is where the Woolseyisms sits in. Look, I know that some animes are badly translated and worse... dubbed, especially some of the 4Kids dubs but come on! Several animes seemed to be well dubbed and translated to the point where they are even more appreciated. This however is not just limited to anime but also to video games. Say for example, I came to Youtube and watched some videos of Makai Kingdom and realized that Overlord Zetta's "BADASS FREAKING OVERLORD" stuff is way better than "SAIKYOU NO MAOU" personally. Bonus points for the Hammy as ever Crispin Freeman voiced the main guy Zetta. Now back to anime,
I think this http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Woolseyism/Anime gives it all.
Pages (176) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» when was the last time you truly fell in love with a character and vice versa?

ame - 1 hour ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
1 minute ago

» What are you gonna watch next season?

Pinoffin - 2 hours ago

7 by pk8list »»
4 minutes ago

» Why do people hate MAPPA?

BuddhaIsBetter - Yesterday

44 by Nirinbo »»
26 minutes ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

123 by Anjuro »»
35 minutes ago

» Which anime uses its narrative and characters to explore existential questions about the meaning of life?

LowIqSalty - Yesterday

13 by ToG25thBaam »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.