Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Mar 24, 1:11 PM

Feb 2016
Welp, we're on the way to the last episode. Igris, a great opponent, but not enough to beat him. Sung sitting on the throne was kinda dope and
stabbing Igris in the eye with the dagger looked wild. AND yeah, the time he should dodge the most obvious attack, he didn't.
We'll know how Sung can handle this assault next time.
I'm waiting for some announce about a sequel (hopefully)...
Mar 24, 1:55 PM
Nov 2010
That fight was way better than I expected. When Jin was getting thrown tumbling in mid-air in 1st POV then cut to Igris about to slice him in half with the sword was crazzzzy. That sense of disorientation while getting thrown in a hip throw or leg sweep really shined through with the storyboard and edits.

Plus when Igris dragged Jin through the bricks was pretty badass.

Hand to hand fighting when done right is so refreshing.
yngtadpoleMar 24, 2:05 PM
Mar 24, 2:31 PM
Apr 2023
Amazing first person pov battle, animation is really next level ;)
Mar 24, 2:52 PM
Nov 2022
The animation was so damn good i couldn't believe my eyes.
Mar 24, 3:22 PM

Feb 2014
This dungeon was a tough one for Jinwoo. Dealing with tough enemies is one thing, but doing so while being unable to heal his health or replenish his magic stats asks a lot of him to make sure he doesn't get hit.

He did well to adapt to these rules and made the soldier mob enemies look weak. However, things got much harder for him when he went up against Igris, decked in full red armour. The fight was full of hard hitting moves from Igris as Jinwoo struggled to deal with the constant onslaught of attacks. In the end, he used the element of surprise to finally get the upper hand and boy did he do a damn good job at that! The animation quality for the fight itself was impressive, too. =)

Even though Jinwoo did win and gained some excellent rewards, he's not out of danger yet. The real job-change challenge has begun, where even the menu system itself wishes him "Good luck." in lasting as long as he can against an infinite spawning enemies and losing his teleportation stone while low on health and magic is far from ideal.

Great episode overall. With the Jeju Island raid about to begin and with Jinwoo in a pinch, the next episode should be another banger.
Mar 24, 3:51 PM

May 2021
Alright by far the best fight we've gotten yet in the anime. Really love how they are going all out with the video game fantasy now. Mages with detection, assassins with stealth. I also love the gearing fantasy, seeing the character sheet with him wearing the collar from the previous un-clearable dungeon was a nice touch. Man needs to figure out what his best in slot is.

Worth mentioning too I really liked the idea of the other guild progress raiding the island. 3 times they've entered and still have to figure out what the trash mobs are capable of. Just a cool concept that there is a raid out there that the S-rank hunters have barely even started to full clear. Makes me wonder how insane the flame castle will be for a solo clear.
Mar 24, 4:24 PM
Apr 2022
love it, insane fight
Mar 24, 4:47 PM
Jun 2019
this was very very very inense
Mar 24, 5:00 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to Vedrun
@FullyCharged we saw a glimpse of the gauntlet stats when he got them, but it only showed the dmg reduction, not the additional effects. I doubt they would've just forgotten about it when it was such an important detail during the fight.

I don't know why they would deliberately get rid of it tho. Maybe it's to make future fights harder for him. The gauntlet was kinda OP.
@Vedrun The fight makes so much more sense now. That's OP as hell against a single weapon.
Mar 24, 5:06 PM
Sep 2021
wow... you really had to give me a cliffhanger like that XDDD. Such a good episode. I have a theory that he can die in that dungeon, in the stage of the dungeon that he is. I don't think that he can ever pass it alone... unless.. the people we saw (I actually can't remember their names) but the people travelling to an island on a mission, actually might be going to his dungeon? And when they turn up, he can leave? Not sure, just speculation but I'm thinking more that he has to "die" eventually in that dungeon to get back to the outside world. The longer he survives, the more xp he gains or something. Anyway I will find out next week I guess...

Can't believe how good an episode this was
Mar 24, 5:09 PM
Jul 2019
bem fraquinho .,.,.,
Mar 24, 5:41 PM
Oct 2019
Jin-Woo vs IGRIS THE BLOODRED was so EPIC!!

Next week Season Finale Title: Arise??
i heard this words so many times before... I'm so HYPED!!
Mar 24, 6:07 PM
May 2022
mondongoosososososos
Mar 24, 6:14 PM
May 2021
Man gave a beating I couldn't have imagined.
Mar 24, 6:49 PM
Oct 2022
Nah, Igris VIOLATED Sung when he juggled him with a 12 Piece No Biscuit combo!
Mar 24, 7:42 PM

Oct 2019
That was Jin's hardest battle yet! And just when we thought it was over he was overwhelmed with multiple lower grade knights and magicians.. losing his teleportation stone at the end.

If he dies in that quest he probably dies for good, right? The teleportation stone was a fail-safe...
I think Jin must be an A-Ranker by now. And the red knight he defeated was probably S-Rank.
Jin will probably reach S-Rank, or higher, in the second cour.
SharpedonMar 24, 7:46 PM
Mar 24, 7:44 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to Fenyy
wow... you really had to give me a cliffhanger like that XDDD. Such a good episode. I have a theory that he can die in that dungeon, in the stage of the dungeon that he is. I don't think that he can ever pass it alone... unless.. the people we saw (I actually can't remember their names) but the people travelling to an island on a mission, actually might be going to his dungeon? And when they turn up, he can leave? Not sure, just speculation but I'm thinking more that he has to "die" eventually in that dungeon to get back to the outside world. The longer he survives, the more xp he gains or something. Anyway I will find out next week I guess...

Can't believe how good an episode this was
@Fenyy Interesting idea. The quest of those high grade adventurers (some of whom are S-Rankers) on that island might indeed be connected to Jin's quest.
Mar 24, 7:46 PM

May 2010
Never in all my years of anime have I seen animations like that before. That was so bad ass.
Mar 24, 10:27 PM
Aug 2013
banger of an episode, my boi igris slappin
Mar 24, 10:48 PM

Jul 2008
Holy Crap Knight.....that was the best fight yet, how the hell is Jinwoo surviving all of this.
Mar 24, 11:30 PM
Aug 2016
Jin woo vs Igris goes so hard
Mar 24, 11:53 PM
Feb 2019
Man, this ep was fucking good. Sweet animation.
Mar 25, 12:28 AM
Mar 2022
This episode might be the peak episode for the season.
Mar 25, 1:27 AM
May 2017
MC literally put on plot armor before the fight.
The animation was good, the choreography was great, but the conclusion of the bossfight was awful. "I screamed really loud so now I'm stronger than you" BS.
Mar 25, 3:27 AM
Dec 2019
The fight was amazing
Mar 25, 4:11 AM

Dec 2010
Insane animation, this title is treated better treatment than many of the most popular Manga series.

How many times is Jinwoo going to get a Teleportation Stone beaten out of his hands?

I think that I would rather see Jinwoo fight a bit weaker Bosses that he brings down through a combination of all of his skills rather than having to go "berserk" and win with the power of plot.

Rather obvious that Jinwoo will beat the Centipede during the punishment for missing his daily quest, through his power-up, I would enjoy if the same level of foreshadowing is applied to his ridiculous victories like the one this episode.
Mar 25, 5:21 AM

Apr 2015
The animation really took steep climb here. This episode was honestly the best so far and flawless.
Cannot wait for next week!
Damn Igris was so badass, Kinda wish he didn't die.
Next episode is the one that all the Manhwa readers have been hyping, Let's see.
Mar 25, 5:35 AM

Jul 2009
Reply to Morragan
MC literally put on plot armor before the fight.
The animation was good, the choreography was great, but the conclusion of the bossfight was awful. "I screamed really loud so now I'm stronger than you" BS.
@Morragan when he sat on the throne he faked being unconscious to catch Igris off guard, he stabbed his weak point, which he couldn't before because Igris is way too fast to hit the small opening in his helmet, that's why he choose to fist fight.

When he pushed him into the wall he used his strongest skill repeatedly while stabbing his weak point until he was out of mana.

Just because people don't seem to be able to comprehend what happened, doesn't mean it was cheap. The only problem in the whole fight was, that he used the gauntlet to catch the sword, without explaining why it could do so in the first place. The gauntlet originally had the effect to prevent injury to his hand, which is why he could catch the sword. They didn't show the effect tho.
Mar 25, 6:42 AM

Mar 2016
Reply to Dukino
@Yuyu1ch1 But what did this fight mean other than looking cool? Yep, nothing just like I thought. Heart and soul meaning nothing when there's no substance behind it
@Dukino he is doing it to survive in the dungeons,help his Mother and sister economically and trying to find the cure for his Mother sickness,moreover now he is helping Jinhoo as well, no heart and soul? How so? The only thing i see here that has no substance is this comment of yours.

Mar 25, 7:30 AM

May 2021
Holy shit did A1 deliver. Easily best fight so far.

Mar 25, 8:51 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to Dukino
@Yuyu1ch1 But what did this fight mean other than looking cool? Yep, nothing just like I thought. Heart and soul meaning nothing when there's no substance behind it
@Dukino Exactly lmao I still really don't get the hype behind this show 11 episodes in. It's just another power fantasy/wish fulfillment anime, but I don't get why this one gets so much attention. But yeah there's not much to see here. With how much hype there's been around this show I was expecting way more but it's just pure spectacle and no real substance. This is apparently supposed to be for his mom but like... No lol
Mar 25, 9:49 AM
Jul 2021
For maga readers, the episode was kinda meh. But I think if you watch the show with no experience than it was fun I guess. Can't predict where the Anime is going but if the mess up the end of S1 the show will have no bright future.
Mar 25, 1:18 PM
Mar 2024
Very good animations and battles I just cant wait for 12 episode
Mar 25, 2:02 PM
Sep 2018
Igris is HIM. Jinwoo got lucky and he knew it.
Mar 25, 2:28 PM
Aug 2019
Igris the commander in Chief, the protector of the empty throne is my favourite character from the manhwa and the adaptation was great by A1-studios again 🔥
Mar 25, 2:31 PM
May 2017
Reply to Vedrun
@Morragan when he sat on the throne he faked being unconscious to catch Igris off guard, he stabbed his weak point, which he couldn't before because Igris is way too fast to hit the small opening in his helmet, that's why he choose to fist fight.

When he pushed him into the wall he used his strongest skill repeatedly while stabbing his weak point until he was out of mana.

Just because people don't seem to be able to comprehend what happened, doesn't mean it was cheap. The only problem in the whole fight was, that he used the gauntlet to catch the sword, without explaining why it could do so in the first place. The gauntlet originally had the effect to prevent injury to his hand, which is why he could catch the sword. They didn't show the effect tho.
@Vedrun No, that would be believable if he didn't take a few sweet seconds to shout the edgy "I'm not finished yet" line. The victory was cheap. Whether you feel like it was or not, they could have adapter that scene way better by just having him shout it after stabbing the knight in the eye.
Mar 25, 2:38 PM
Aug 2019
Reply to Alkimia
@Dukino Exactly lmao I still really don't get the hype behind this show 11 episodes in. It's just another power fantasy/wish fulfillment anime, but I don't get why this one gets so much attention. But yeah there's not much to see here. With how much hype there's been around this show I was expecting way more but it's just pure spectacle and no real substance. This is apparently supposed to be for his mom but like... No lol
@Alkimia it is not famous for its story which is alright but for the manhwa readers it was really cool to read it as everyone felt as a player while reading and visualizing alongside Jin hoo...His growth from double dungeon to the very end and each time the fights got better and enjoyable to watch thats why it has got that much craze and popularity that A-1 pictures adapt it finally while delivering it 🔥
Mar 25, 2:44 PM
May 2018
ghese kelisheastttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Mar 25, 2:52 PM
Nov 2019
the best animation in the series with the story heating up, the best episode so far by miles.
Mar 25, 3:24 PM

Jan 2015
This episode alone solidified my 9. Felt like a FromSoftware boss and I’m all for that!!!
meep meep~
Mar 25, 3:46 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to Dukino
@Gilgamesh216 They keeo brining up this disastrous bug island mission like the audience is supposed to know what this means. What does it even mean?!?!!?! They've only shown glimpses of people dying why should we care?!?!?! They keep piece mealing what happened and it sucks!!
@Dukino Sorry to hear you're not feeling the Bug Island mission storyline. It seems like the gradual reveal of the events isn't quite hitting for you. Hang in there though, as the pieces will eventually come together to create a more impactful and compelling narrative. Sometimes the slow build-up can lead to a satisfying payoff! As someone who has read the manga i would say keep watching, hopefully it will all start to make sense and draw you in more because it’s a really nice arc. :)
Mar 25, 6:00 PM
Dec 2023
Honestly, I think episodes like this do some amazing foreshadowing and give those of us who haven't read the manga/webcomic a chance to feel like our character isn't entirely infallible
Mar 25, 6:53 PM
Mar 2024
Gooood episode Igris vs Sung!!!
Mar 25, 7:10 PM

Jul 2016
The most anticipated fight of the cour and they kept interrupting it with useless scenes about events that won't even be part of said cour. And they even included one of the sister eating a sandwich... man, what a mess.

And the way how this Igris boss went from absolutely owning the fight to losing it in two seconds because MC started shouting cliche shounen lines was simply laughable.
SouthRzVaMar 25, 7:13 PM
Mar 25, 7:26 PM
Aug 2020
Insane impact frames
Mar 26, 5:21 AM
Jun 2012
Great fight. Excellent animation consistency.

Exactly what's needed from this production.

Great follow up to the serial murder in the dungeon arc/episode. In level of production quality.

Keep it up for the remainder of the run. 👍
Mar 26, 9:32 AM
Nov 2021
Overall the best anime I've ever watched also my favorite as of now.
Just hate how they always end the episode at a crappy cliff hanger.
1000000/10
Mar 26, 10:52 AM
Jun 2023
Reply to Xeehad
Only 1 more episode to go. I hope they release the 2nd season soon.
@Xeehad it will have part 2
Mar 26, 5:02 PM
Sep 2012
Igris was simply badass. Easily the best in the show by far.
Mar 27, 12:45 AM
May 2023
Kanno cinema was super good.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13

514 by Deono »»
Today, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17

263 by Shortwing53 »»
Today, 8:10 AM

» Solo Leveling Anime Records Surprisingly Poor Sales ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 7

72 by Fallen_Core »»
Today, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jan 6

728 by izumakun »»
Yesterday, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Ore dake Level Up na Ken Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Mar 30

397 by Bek1r »»
Jun 6, 2:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.