Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 15, 2022 3:11 PM
Jul 2014
I ain't gonna lie ... this was beautifully put an genuine, I cried during the Roxy scene ...
Jan 18, 2022 3:25 AM

Dec 2013
I wasn't expecting a Roxy centric episode but I'm not going to complain. I can't blame Roxy for not wanting to live in her village with how quiet everyone is. It's unnerving for everyone to be dead silent.

It's sweet how hard her parents tried teaching her to talk.
Jan 30, 2022 7:20 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Trash drama, unrelatable and hollow.

1/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Feb 24, 2022 10:49 PM

Jul 2021
^why tf are you still watching it then

Great episode, water works resumed this episode.

The parents and daughter reunion was emotional.

Roxy's reaction to finding out that the dead end is actually Rudeus's party and that Rudeus visited her village was hilarious. Also it's hilarious how scared Roxy is of Superd lol.

Roxy is unable to communicate using telepathy like other people of her race and thus she felt like outsider and that's why she left the village.

Elinalise is back haha, "People watching makes it more arousing" LMAO.

Rudy and Roxy's meeting is as far as it could be, Roxy is going to search every city of demon continent for Grerat family and Rudy is already headed to central continent, man if they keep the Rudy and Roxy meeting for last episode of this season then I'm gonna be maaaaaad.

5/5.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 6, 2022 3:44 PM

Feb 2018
Mostly of the episode had this sour, sad taste. Glad that in the end Roxy made up with her parents ^^ As for Elinalise, somethings never change :p
Mar 9, 2022 10:40 AM

Jan 2009
emotional episode by Roxy i cried, so she cannot use telepathy eh unlike the rest of her race or people

at least Roxy now knows Rudeus is fine and is using the Dead End label

damn Elinalise with some sexy action again huh
Mar 13, 2022 4:53 AM

Jul 2019
Again not ashamed to admit I teared up again
Mar 22, 2022 11:01 AM

Sep 2015
I do feel some impact to Roxy returning to her home, the telepathy does make me feel disturbed.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Mar 30, 2022 4:52 PM

Mar 2021
Omg, Rudeus and Paul, and now Roxy and her parents, I cried too much ToT
(watched ep 6 and 7 today)
I feel so sad for Roxy, not being able to hear what they say, why they dont wanna talk normally too ? ;-;

One big point in Mushoku, is the characters construction and story, really well written ! ^^
May 11, 2022 11:09 PM

Jun 2020
Still sea sick after all this time well I can't say for sure since I haven't been on a boat nor I remember being in one

Ah yes finally a Roxy focused episode prob her whole screen time in the whole season oh please prove me wrong Studio Bind, So telepathically she's inept I thought she's just having difficulties with understanding it I wish in the future they'll touch on that topic I hope so

That was kinda sweet and wholesome they made up and a flashback when Roxy realized she has a disability but that's not stopping her from being best girl.
Jun 2, 2022 2:12 PM

Feb 2019
Roxy can't do telepathy, in a village that everyone except her parents uses it as means to communicate is really rough for her. Her parents love Roxy unconditionally and it shows through their verbal communication with her.

I got emotional again, seeing the love of parents for their child.

A village of youthful looking people, it seems to me that they age more slowly the older they get. Their time unit count in tens of years.

And finally, Roxy has caught up Rudeus' whereabouts. He's in the party with that Superd that she is so afraid of even. Hilarious to see her visibly trembling every time haha.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 9, 2022 7:40 PM
Jan 2020
Roxy is best girl!!
Nov 9, 2022 12:51 PM

Mar 2010
If ya'lls think about it rudeus and roxy are close in age.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 26, 2022 1:35 PM
Sep 2022
Estou perdido de novo...
Jan 19, 2023 4:52 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Finally, some loos ends were tied.
Jan 19, 2023 12:03 PM

Apr 2013
That was a great episode, following Roxy around. She's not one of my favorite characters, but her meeting up with her parents was beautifully done. Even though I feel like the whole telepathy was a bit of a forced drama.
Mar 30, 2023 2:37 AM
Aug 2021
Khunime said:
Finally, Roxy screentime! So Roxy can't use telepathy, her past was kinda sad but I am glad she opened up to her parents. The way Roxy is shocked was pretty satisfying but I kinda want more details. Overall this ep was pretty good for me, I want moree

Hahaha thats really silly bruh using telepathy for communicate? Actually for real this is stupid thing in villagers. So my conclusion for that foolish telepathy villagers because they're don't know how to doing real communication each other...its so pathetic😞
Mar 30, 2023 2:40 AM
Aug 2021
Gator said:
That was a great episode, following Roxy around. She's not one of my favorite characters, but her meeting up with her parents was beautifully done. Even though I feel like the whole telepathy was a bit of a forced drama.

For real bruh so sad when villagers just doing foolish telepathy when they had a mouth...maybe they are mute? lmao
Apr 5, 2023 1:10 PM
Jun 2021
back to back banger reunion episodes
May 3, 2023 8:03 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Aww! Another excellent episode. Super sweet and it hit me in the feels a bit 😭
Jun 22, 2023 6:17 PM
Aug 2020
I take it back this shit is peak fiction
Jul 4, 2023 12:26 AM

Jan 2018
So Roxy was born disabled. In the Migurdia clan, she might be the equivalent of a deaf person since everyone seems to be capable of telepathy. I feel bad for her.

Roxy is probably my favorite character in the series. So this episode was really great to watch.
Jul 7, 2023 6:20 AM

Dec 2022
What a damn emotional reunion episode of Roxy and her family and i rlly liked their chemistry.
Rlly feel bad abt her not being able to use telepathic communication which makes her feel like she doesn't belong there.

Jul 29, 2023 4:04 AM

May 2015
IM NOT CRYING! YOU ARE CRYING!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 6, 2023 6:18 AM
Aug 2021
YIPEEEE im glad Roxy finally learned about Dead end and Rudeus's gang and friends.
Pog. I hope they get to reconnect soon.
Aug 23, 2023 1:25 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
I love Roxy, and I love Studio Bind for keeping this story in when they could've easily left it out. Didn't cry, but seeing Roxy hug her parents like that did make want to cry.

Now that Roxy knows that Rudeus is indeed alive and well, she journeys on towards the north of the demon continent in further search of the rest of Paul's family. The question that is on my and probably everyone else's mind at this point is: when WILL Roxy and Rudeus see each other again? If I were to take a bet, it would probably be a long time from now, in one of the last novels, or late into a season 4. Whenever it happens, it's probably going to be the one of the best moments of the whole story, period.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 9, 2023 3:45 AM
Nov 2016
Another serious episode, well kinda, we still got some comedy or sex scenes but it was nice, I don't mind those things if they are done with subtlety, I do hate it when they are forced but at least it wasn't that bad here.

That being said, I cringed with the emotional moments in this episode, they tried too hard to make me feel sad and when they try to force emotions out of me like this I cringe, I like them subtle, I liked the emotional moments from the previous episode a lot more and that "crying card" was already used in the previous episode so having this episode using that same "crying card" to force emotions out of me this soon feels cringe so yeah, that's another reason why I cringed and didn't even felt sad for that reunion, they needed to approach the emotional moments differently here, it just felt too cliche with that lame backstory with her not communicating with telepathy or whatever, just no, Roxy deserved better than this.
Oct 17, 2023 4:04 AM
Dec 2022
Rudy, Eris, and Ruijerd are on their way to the central continent. What will they find there? Like how one is anticipating their travels.
Nov 12, 2023 10:55 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to animejas
Despite how mundane the episode was in terms of plot movement and was a little sad with a character being cut of course with the first part of the episode focusing on the Dead End trio finally moving towards the Central Continent, this episode was actually a lot better than I expected and was a pretty great episode focusing on Roxy and her side of the story at the Demon Continent, and fleshed out her character and emotions more than even the light novel did for me. I did wish that she and her parents spoke in Demon God Tongue but since they were all speaking the same language together with no one else there with different languages to adjust to unlike when Rudeus was there, so you had clear distinctions between languages and the script had to be adjusted to take that into account, the emotions were clearly there and I've never seen crying and breakdowns look so raw and genuine with Roxy's stoic face, to shock, to her eyes subtly watering up and her trying to desparetly clear those out to a complete breakdown of tears and feelings after she recognized how much her parents cared for her despite her lack of telepathy from when she was young.

In a way, Roxy despite being an adult was a kid for all those years and I can relate to that in a way, since I viewed myself differently from the rest of my family given how I can't speak any Indian languages, wasn't raised in India at all unlike everyone and whenever I would go home, they would all speak in Hindi or Tamil while I just nod away while feeling alienated. During those vacations, I always wanted to run away home and never saw anyone eye to eye. Hell, I'm in Canada now and I'm still very distant with most of my family except my parents, who I was even distant with a year ago for many, many months without even texting them how I'm doing during a global pandemic. It took my parents flying all the way from UAE to Canada to surprise me and have real talks with me, try to open me up from my shell besides my comfort zone here and I had similar feelings to with Roxy as well as my own parents. Despite not much being said or done, it felt so powerful and entrancing to watch. The voice acting and visuals really did this justice for that ordeal.

Also enjoyed her conversation with Nokopara too and catching up, fleshes out both of their characters a lot more and its nice seeing Roxy's past in a way with her comrade. Shame that the others are gone now, particularly Blaze who went out at the end of the first part.

As a LN reader, some changes are what they are and I could be upset, but the episode felt so organic and raw, and felt so real with dialogue being limited but powerful, that it all connected with me really well. This was a great episode, even if it wasn't the most integral one to the overall story. Roxy I always felt deserved more characterization and while this was there in the LNs too, the anime made me connect with this a lot more. Well done Bind. It ain't a 1:1 episode as a whole, particularly with the start, but this was still magnificent stuff. More to why I love both medium experiences separately and even more together. Extremely looking forward to those final 5 episodes.
@animejas I know it's been two years since you've posted here about your experiences. But I wanted to say your response here really touched me, and gave so much more depth to this episode. Thank you for sharing that. :)
Nov 22, 2023 4:38 PM
Oct 2023
*crying laughing noises*
Dec 15, 2023 1:47 AM
Jul 2018
Aww, Roxy and her family is actually very wholesome
Apr 5, 9:06 PM
Dec 2022
Roxy RAAAA Roxy and dead end
Roxy parents reuinion RAAAA shes leaving already man
Zamn Roxy cant speak telepathically PAIIIIN
Bring back Rudeus next time.... NEVER! Lmao
Apr 10, 9:35 PM
May 2023
Very good episode, what a random that someone comes out of nowhere and asks you to fight haha
It seems that Nokopara changed his ways after his encounter with Dead End and gives some nice advice to Roxy, interesting past.
She left her town because she felt excluded because she did not have telepathy, but I think she isolated herself and formed ideas that were not real, which is why she ended up running away from home, but now the problems are solved.
They don't have to worry about Rudeus anymore, I guess now they will look for the others who are lost
May 1, 9:04 AM

May 2020
Roxy also reunited with her family. Two episode of family part. I thought Rudeus and Roxy heading the same way. They should be close yet far.
May 27, 4:52 AM
Apr 2024
it is beautiful the historyb of roxy
Jul 18, 5:48 AM
Nov 2017
The descisions of the maincharacter annoy me
Jul 27, 10:40 AM
Dec 2023
What a touching episode about Roxy. I always felt that Roxy was one of the more impressing characters in Mushoku Tensei, being more childish than Eris, as thoughtful as Sylphy, pondering more and being as hardworking as Rudy. Maybe it is because Roxy is more personally relatable that I always think very highly of her.

Yaggamy said:
- Roxy can shorten her spell chanting. Thanks to Rudy she was inspired to learn this.
- Roxy sees a woman with a child upon entering her hometown. We see this woman still pregnant in episode 9 when Rudy visited.
- Roxy's parents had to learn to read and speak so that they could communicated with their child. It's quiet and no background noise in the village because only three people can speak.
Thanks a lot for the information.
Aug 1, 7:12 AM

Mar 2015
Almost total focus on Roxy this episode as she learns she was this close to finding Rudy!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Homura24 - Dec 19, 2021

472 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Today, 1:46 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Oct 31, 2021

402 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Yesterday, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2021

277 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 29, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

475 by Mich666 »»
Aug 25, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

419 by nickehhhhhh »»
Aug 1, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.