Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 27, 2021 11:28 AM

Sep 2009
Stygian_Prisoner said:
mitsukirox101 said:
Okay, this episode was *the* episode that ruffled my feathers as an anime-only watcher. Within the first 7 minutes we are hit with literally SO MUCH INFORMATION, yet the pacing of the episode was slow as hell? Honestly I could have done without Emma's little morality debate on whether or not humans had the right to just start killing the demons back. I understand where she is coming from, but children are dying; we have to pick one battle at a time. Her qualms seem to stem only from the fact that Sonju and Mujika helped everyone survive in the forest, which is a huge factor in the story. But, if something happened between Norman and the "evil blooded girl" who I assume is Mujika (even though I would not describe her as human like... maybe in size at least), then the anime should have shown us that arch first so we could understand how dire the situation is. I think they tried to do this with Sonju saying he'd love to eat human meat after they left the forest, but even this didn't make much sense at the time because we have no idea what their motive was for keeping those kids alive instead of just eating them. Again, the order in which the information was presented to us is subpar. I have no idea how this can be remedied because now we as the audience are meant to go through the mental struggle Emma is going through when it comes to the eradication effort. If we as the viewers had both the knowledge Emma and Norman have from their own experiences, then this would be a justified turn of events, but for now it's just extremely annoying!!

I agree with your critique overall but, to be fair, they did explain that in the same episode. The reason why Sonju let the kids go despite his hidden desire for human meat is because he's hoping that they'll survive long enough to breed naturally and then propagate in the wild over the years.
If that happens, their descendants will become part of the natural food chain, and thus fair game for Sonju to hunt and eat them without having to go against his religion's "No Child Farm Meat" policy.

Basically, Sonju may not an immediate threat for now but he is definitely playing the long game, though i dunno what Mujika's deal is in all this. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Ahhh thank you for helping me understand! I completely missed that their religion was specifically against "Farm Child Meat", this makes sense now. Time to watch the next episode!
Feb 27, 2021 2:22 PM
Nov 2018
Manga spoilers

Mar 4, 2021 9:07 AM

Mar 2020
Emma is such a fucking pussy.
Mar 4, 2021 9:15 AM

Mar 2020
The fact that we didn t see Norman’s side and so much stuff feels skipped and insanely rushed ( i don t read manga ) really spoils the experience.
Mar 8, 2021 9:36 PM

Jul 2014
I see they took the approach of tell, not show... and it's so bad.

First with Norman telling everything that happened to him off camera being even laughable at how convenient it all was. It feels like there's a whole arc missing here.

Same problem with Emma. I would understand her wanting to save the 2 demons she socialized with but not wanting to kill anyone? I'm sorry, it may be credible for her character but it's dumb with the few interactions they've had with demons at least in the anime.
Mar 23, 2021 6:09 AM

Jun 2017
If Emma was my friend, I'd certainly be infuriated by her notion. She's basically trying to fantasize about something that is beyond their reach. Norman's plan is much more logical.

Emma is lucky that she got Ray to back her up.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Mar 28, 2021 6:03 AM
Nov 2014
So Sonju and Mujika are like demon versions of vegans but maybe not? Norman's reaction to Mujika and Sonju's blood-thirst has me doubting them juuuust a tad
Apr 6, 2021 1:52 AM
Dec 2020
That stupid bitch wants to save demon? Totally pathetic. Overall episode was also mid.
Apr 6, 2021 1:18 PM
May 2020
Evil blooded girl? ohhh lets see den
Apr 13, 2021 3:20 AM

Jul 2016
mbyhmma said:
So Sonju and Mujika are like demon versions of vegans but maybe not? Norman's reaction to Mujika and Sonju's blood-thirst has me doubting them juuuust a tad

The two demons are clearly more than they said they were.
Apr 19, 2021 10:09 AM
Oct 2019
this is all happening a little too fast for me

they reconnect with norman. and within a few minutes he's already telling them he has a drug that will wipe out all of demonkind. where did he make it? how did he make it? these are huge, immensely important questions. and they're just being...glossed over?

there's no way that barbara girl would've immediately realized what emma was thinking in that scene. realizing that she was eating demon meat is shocking and disturbing enough for emma to have an odd reaction. there's no way she'd instantly think that emma was anti-demon killing and that's why she came to speak to norman. i'm just not buying it

but norman's reaction to learning the little girl demon is still alive was quite something. he clearly has history with her. i wonder what it is. obviously those 2 demons have a lot they never told the children. the big one literally wants to eat humans, but never told the children that. so we KNOW there is a lot they're likely hiding. and we never found out what exactly that big one was doing with the leader of the farm er demon tracking team

i kind of understand how emma feels. wiping out an entire race/species SHOULD feel wrong. but acting like they can all just coexist is beyond silly. ray says he thinks it's impossible. and he points out how every demon loses their mind when they see humans. and he's right
HagePotPotatoApr 19, 2021 10:14 AM
Apr 29, 2021 6:29 AM

Jul 2015
Quite the leap from just running away from demons to having a plan to eradicate them all.

I find Emma's reasoning against annihilation quite flawed considering most demons appear similar to humans only because they take the form and intellect from what they eat.

May 21, 2021 11:04 AM
May 2021
norman's changed and i feel like it's for the best as he's gained more experience and is way more mature than the other characters and even has leadership qualities. however, i miss the old norman too. i kinda get the feeling norman was always like this but since he loved emma he acted a certain way but Idk.

season 2 feels rushed so far...not liking it as much as season 1.
the one person that remains true to himself is ray and i love him for that
Jun 15, 2021 8:10 AM

Mar 2015
The pacing definitely feels off here.. too fast?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 25, 2021 5:01 PM

Jun 2009
I was okay with this up until this episode. Jesus christ, the pacing.
Oct 25, 2021 6:18 PM

Jun 2016
Norman is gonna sell drugs to the demons... that boy has a mind for business, I tell ya!!!

Everyone looked as if they saw a ghost when Norman appeared in front of them. Like them, I, too, had gone pale.

Emma wants a world where demons and humans can co-exist. I understand her pain then, knowing that everyone around her wants the annihilation of the demons instead. I wonder if there is a way for them to co-exist...

Norman didn't like that.

Oct 28, 2021 9:07 AM
Jul 2015
I really can't stand with this naive b*itch emma. This show had ruined cause of her stupid characteristic.
Oct 28, 2021 9:07 AM
Jul 2015
I really can't stand with this naive b*itch emma. This show had ruined cause of her stupid characteristic.
Dec 28, 2021 4:32 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It feels so weird to have to doubt whatever Norman is saying. Now, Sonju did reveal his predatory intentions, but Mujika did display a great deal of peacefulness. I can't believe this, but I'm leaning more to doubting Norman than believing in his accusations.
Mar 7, 2022 8:24 PM

Apr 2016
That was so boring and then when it could get interesting, how much this season/show can be, it ends.
Emma is making no sense.
Jun 30, 2022 8:56 PM

Nov 2012
I was enjoying the season up to here despite the reception and was starting to feel like maybe it was just over-hated.

But this ep was a bit eh, Emma is starting to annoy me and some of the twists with Norman seem a bit far-fetched, definitely odd pacing too as everyone says.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Sep 26, 2022 11:46 AM
Sep 2022
Goes places! Shows both sides of a terrifyingly gorgeous world.
Jan 12, 2023 9:57 AM
Aug 2022
emma is a boring pain in the ass
Feb 8, 2023 4:03 PM

Jan 2013
I get where Emma is coming from but if people wanted to live in harmony with demons, don't you think it would've happened by now?
They made that deal 1000 years ago for a reason, exactly because they couldn't live together.

Also seems there's more to at least Mujika and maybe Sonju.
Maybe Mujika was the one experimenting on him.
That said, they could've easily killed them and we know that Mujika at least wasn't thinking about eating their future children. (Or at least she didn't mention it, unlike Sonju)
Apr 15, 2023 10:13 PM
Apr 2023
terrible adaptation, insulting to fans
Nov 22, 2023 8:18 AM
Oct 2021
Liked how they added suspense to it. could have never told you that norman was gonna come back
Jan 2, 8:01 PM

Dec 2022
Barbara somehow managing to escalate that conversation into such a vitriolic spiel just to establish her character seemed hamfisted, to say the least. Emma and Norman both have perspectives that have some reasoning to them, so I don't see any reason to portray one side with such a psychotic lense.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 5, 12:26 AM

Nov 2023
Yes, the entire episode is just 100% talking with a total of four backgrounds
Feb 14, 10:16 AM

Jan 2024
Es interesante, pero siento que definitivamente se redujo a ser un anime promedio. Es una pena, porque su piloto era espectacular y se sentía como algo fresco y original.
~ Jiborjas
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

508 by Term4738 »»
Yesterday, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

309 by Kyyuki »»
Jun 2, 11:54 PM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0o-kun - Mar 10, 2023

28 by Zedlin »»
May 20, 9:07 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

419 by chocomayu »»
Mar 7, 1:15 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2021

244 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 5, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.