Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Nov 4, 2018 6:23 PM

Apr 2012
MomoSinX said:
Sigh why is that sorcerer or whatever speaking in an extremely annoying manner???
Excessive smoking made her short of breath.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 4, 2018 6:53 PM

Oct 2014
Janethan23 said:
MomoSinX said:
Sigh why is that sorcerer or whatever speaking in an extremely annoying manner???

Nah, she's just high 24/7.
Nov 4, 2018 7:00 PM

May 2018
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
jimmmaker said:
Also why dont you do yourself a favour and drop it?

To answer both of your questions:

A lot of people are confused by this episode. The order of events is different but all of this crap did originally happen and it's going to be a running theme.

As for why I haven't dropped it, it's not bad enough. This might be one of the worst anime I've ever experienced, however it isn't one of the worst things I have ever experienced. I'd rather rewatch this than- say- reread The Fault in our Stars.

same opinion but for me it's REEEEEE:zero
Nov 4, 2018 8:18 PM

Aug 2017
This episode feels very calm but I like it. Also, the cockroaches were creepy.

The receptionist fell in love with Goblin Slayer xD. That's funny.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 4, 2018 9:37 PM

Jul 2012
Oh joy they are making it seem like they are skipping a lot of good stuff. :/
Nov 4, 2018 10:02 PM
Jul 2018
is there going to be an actual plot cause so far I haven't seen anything other than slaying goblins and the girls blushing to goblin slayer. I think it could've been better story or I hope that there will be some plot in next episodes
Nov 5, 2018 12:37 AM

Jul 2016
Nice to see other adventurers triumphing, and we'll see the sword maiden soon.
Nov 5, 2018 2:28 AM

Jul 2016
husbandolevi76 said:
is there going to be an actual plot cause so far I haven't seen anything other than slaying goblins and the girls blushing to goblin slayer. I think it could've been better story or I hope that there will be some plot in next episodes

I am the opposite and hope it stays episodic. I like this for alittle adventure each week. I don't need to know anymore.
Nov 5, 2018 2:31 AM

Nov 2012
Are they going to skip the farm arc?
Nov 5, 2018 5:32 AM

Jun 2016
lol Milker Sister.
Nov 5, 2018 6:11 AM

Oct 2017
Pyro said:
Janethan23 said:

Nah, she's just high 24/7.

Nope. She's just so stupid her brain can only output words at one syllable a second.
Nov 5, 2018 6:17 AM
Apr 2017
The graphic is so bad, I haven't seen such poor quality for a while...
The plot is alright, slow paced.

I think I am going to read the novel for the skipped part
Nov 5, 2018 6:49 AM
Sep 2018
Manaarii_0 said:
Goblins and orcs, I am ok with that but...giant rats and bugs? This world is really FUC*ED up!
Nice "calm" episode but is it true that they skipped a lot of things including "that" battle? I hope they are not totaly ommiting that...

Also did someone notice at one moment the giant rats were making the same noises than the goblins?

yeah white fox is fucking around in this entire year
Nov 5, 2018 8:04 AM
Oct 2018
Honestly I thought ep.5 was a bit weak, especially if compared to the previous 4.
I like the idea that WF is willing to do their own thing and not do a frame by frame copy of LN or manga, and I like the idea of how they meshed some of the downtimes from different points in the LN with the daily life of the low-level rookies.
But script & writing definitely took a back seat this round, with the rookie pulling out a “people die when they are killed” -kind of line there; or that totally out place boob-pouch with the witch-lady, it's a pity that they left out some character development to make place for less meaningful interactions.
I actually think that switching the goblin raid arc with the Sword Maiden arc is a good thing for the season conclusion, it will require WF to change some details to avoid contradictions or spoilers.
Nov 5, 2018 11:17 AM

Jul 2016
I'm late to the party so I'm sure plenty of people might've said this already:

I don't think they are skipping the Goblin raid arc. It's probably going to be used as the final arc of this Anime, because its shock value is much higher than the Sword Maiden arc.

Even if they did skip it, I will judge the Anime for what it is. If I wanted exactly what was in the Manga/LN, I would read those. I'm totally fine with changes here and there.

Nov 5, 2018 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
Lol this topic.

The end of the first novel is better for the end of the anime, so they'll show that arc.

And there's nothing "anime original" there. Read the novel, and not the manga adaptation.
Nov 5, 2018 7:50 PM
Jan 2018
SSTHZero said:
Lol this topic.

The end of the first novel is better for the end of the anime, so they'll show that arc.

And there's nothing "anime original" there. Read the novel, and not the manga adaptation.
There is a manga for the side stories, you know?
Nov 5, 2018 7:52 PM

Apr 2014
yawn,only good thing about goblin slayer was manga's glorious art style.

this episode confirm that's village raid to be final episode

and what with crying on anime orignal this topic anyway Are you really following manga or reading LN at all.
Nov 5, 2018 9:24 PM

May 2018
SSTHZero said:
Lol this topic.

The sewer story was in the Brand New Day manga too.
Nov 6, 2018 1:55 AM
Aug 2015
I'm thinking they're saving the village raid for the last two episodes. It'll be madness if they skip the arguably best part of the manga that shows the GS's character development.
Nov 6, 2018 8:35 AM
Nov 2015
weirdy8 said:
Ok as a fan of the manga, this ep was just bad. The whole journey with the newbs was anime original, they pretty much shoved the promotional ch from much later in between, cut a lot of bonding time with cow girl, and seem to be rushing straight to the sword maiden arc that’s currently running. If that’s the case, they’re skipping my favorite part of the manga so far: the village defense with the guild.
you saw how people reacted to the first episode, they must alot of balls to be willing to animated that arc.
Nov 6, 2018 9:45 AM

May 2018
Whoa I don't get it, Cheating guy was found out that he was cheating and suddenly attacks Guild Girl but GS step in a gave him a smack in the face, so how come it came out that it never happend at all????
Nov 6, 2018 9:50 AM

Oct 2018
Priestess is the cutest girl of the series.

The Picture is huge, didn't realize that...
Nov 6, 2018 9:59 AM

Oct 2014
Finally caught up.

Episodes feel long when watching them, which is usually a sign that I am not too immersed, unfortunately. But at least episodes 2-5 were much better in the aspect that they didn't feel like their script was trying to hammer something into me like a broken clockwork anymore, which really annoyed me about the first half of episode 1. Also it reminds me of those days I used to play "The One Ring" Table-Top game. Curse that one time I was casually scouting the river and just happened to roll a critical failure which instantly resulted in a monster attack.

All-in-all, up until episode 5, Goblin Slayer is a solid 7/10 for me. But I never score a series until the season ends or until I decide to stall/drop it.
Nov 6, 2018 10:45 AM
Jan 2018
Grey-Zone said:
Finally caught up.

Episodes feel long when watching them, which is usually a sign that I am not too immersed, unfortunately. But at least episodes 2-5 were much better in the aspect that they didn't feel like their script was trying to hammer something into me like a broken clockwork anymore, which really annoyed me about the first half of episode 1. Also it reminds me of those days I used to play "The One Ring" Table-Top game. Curse that one time I was casually scouting the river and just happened to roll a critical failure which instantly resulted in a monster attack.

All-in-all, up until episode 5, Goblin Slayer is a solid 7/10 for me. But I never score a series until the season ends or until I decide to stall/drop it.
Even as some1 who loves the manga, i can safely say that Gs is a great series.We havent gotten into the meat of the story yet.Next 7 episodes are going to be action packed with little breaks.I am sure your score will rise as well
jimmmakerNov 6, 2018 11:10 AM
Nov 6, 2018 10:46 AM
Jan 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Whoa I don't get it, Cheating guy was found out that he was cheating and suddenly attacks Guild Girl but GS step in a gave him a smack in the face, so how come it came out that it never happend at all????
It was what the thief imagined would have happend if he did attack her
Nov 6, 2018 11:04 AM

Oct 2014
jimmmaker said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
It was what the thief imagined would have happend if he did attack her

As an anime-only, to me it looked like some kind of skill/ability that simulates the success-chance of an attack. In TTRPG terms it would be like getting a "test run" of a certain move, including dice roll and all, and getting to see what the direct consequences in that test run are - then you can decide whether to try it for real (with another dice roll that might be better, same as, or worse than the test run). Something like that? At least that's what it felt like to me.
Nov 6, 2018 11:08 AM
Jan 2018
Thats actually a nice interpretation.Basically the thief was about to attack the girl but because Gs is so menacing and intimidating, the thief chickened out.Gs attacking him happened only in his mind.
Nov 6, 2018 11:44 AM

Jul 2014
Username23489023 said:
papsoshea said:
So what's her name? Witch girl? Sorceress tits?
kek

I've been trying to define her class for awhile. She's got a pointy hat and pipe, that's usually wizard stuff. Also goblin slayer asked her to identify a scroll, which tells me she has a high intelligence attribute and can learn scrolls. Though she does not dress modestly and speaks slowly which isn't wizard stuff. It's more in line with charisma based classes like sorceress or witch. She also could have cast a spell or used a magic item to identify or read a scroll. The way she dresses is very reminiscent of a typical slutty witch you see on halloween. It might be an allusion to blair from souleater considering the characters similarities. She also carries candles, which is usually witch related stuff for pacts with devils.

She didn't identify the scroll; Goblin Slayer paid her to create a magic scroll for him.
Nov 6, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
papsoshea said:
This series continues to shoot itself in the foot with each passing episode. What the heck was this? So one week it's dark and mature and the next week its kawaii-fanservice-tits-slice of life? So what's her name? Witch girl? Sorceress tits? What about cowgirl? Or is it cow tits? Is this grimdark? Or is this harem? Lol, joke of the season!

B-But don't forget it NEEDS goblins as rapists so it's "realistic" and "dark" because this is a "dark" fantasy!!1!
Nov 6, 2018 12:30 PM
Aug 2018
Waifu4Hire said:
Username23489023 said:
kek

I've been trying to define her class for awhile. She's got a pointy hat and pipe, that's usually wizard stuff. Also goblin slayer asked her to identify a scroll, which tells me she has a high intelligence attribute and can learn scrolls. Though she does not dress modestly and speaks slowly which isn't wizard stuff. It's more in line with charisma based classes like sorceress or witch. She also could have cast a spell or used a magic item to identify or read a scroll. The way she dresses is very reminiscent of a typical slutty witch you see on halloween. It might be an allusion to blair from souleater considering the characters similarities. She also carries candles, which is usually witch related stuff for pacts with devils.

She didn't identify the scroll; Goblin Slayer paid her to create a magic scroll for him.

Ermh no, she just linked the scroll to the bottom of the sea. She can't create scroll, especially since that gate magic is lost magic.
Nov 6, 2018 12:36 PM

Jul 2014
GreenNet said:
Waifu4Hire said:

Ermh no, she just linked the scroll to the bottom of the sea. She can't create scroll, especially since that gate magic is lost magic.

Thank you for the correction
Nov 6, 2018 2:39 PM
Nov 2016
A slower episode, more like a breather....

The guild girl was really savage when she was talking to the adventurer and she has a crush on goblin Slayer.

Seems like we'll get some action next episode and will also see the Sword Maiden.
Nov 6, 2018 3:18 PM
Oct 2018
A bunch of filler! If there is no village defence arc this will suck.
Nov 6, 2018 3:33 PM

Oct 2017
GreenNet said:
Waifu4Hire said:

I like to think she used her social network as a spell caster, and her charisma to get a male wizard to identify it. Seems more her style. Probably got most of her magic items that way too.

Though, it brings up the obvious question, how do you link/reverse lost magic without knowing the lost magic or how that lost magic works? Makes more sense to me that someone just identifies what a scroll does, and the scroll just worked based on casters will.
Nov 6, 2018 3:58 PM
Aug 2018
Username23489023 said:
GreenNet said:

I like to think she used her social network as a spell caster, and her charisma to get a male wizard to identify it. Seems more her style. Probably got most of her magic items that way too.

Though, it brings up the obvious question, how do you link/reverse lost magic without knowing the lost magic or how that lost magic works? Makes more sense to me that someone just identifies what a scroll does, and the scroll just worked based on casters will.

I'll answer briefly since it's a bit explained in the novel. The scroll was obtained by the Goblin Slayer from the Blacksmith of the guild. Basically GS pays a lot that dude so that when he find a scroll he put it away for him.

The magic "gate" itself is lost but applicated on a scroll it can be used by anyone and make a link can be done by a capable Sorceress. It's like when you use a computer, maybe you know how to use it but not how to build one (ok it was a stupid analogy but something like that)
Nov 6, 2018 8:41 PM
Jan 2017
Felt like filler and the manga handeled it a lot better. Hell if they skip the village defense part Im gonna be hella mad.
Nov 6, 2018 9:18 PM

Oct 2008
one of the weaker episodes I guess?
looks like Uketsuke-jou also wants the "D" of GS! since that the first time she blushed at him!
4/5.

Nov 7, 2018 7:00 AM

Jul 2013
A thought just came to me. So Goblin Slayer is currently on the highest rank of adventurers right? Kinda like Adamantite class in Overlord. Does that mean he achieved that by only dealing with goblins? Holy shit he's probably killed hundreds of thoudands of them.
Nov 7, 2018 8:11 AM

Aug 2014
PrimeX said:
A thought just came to me. So Goblin Slayer is currently on the highest rank of adventurers right? Kinda like Adamantite class in Overlord. Does that mean he achieved that by only dealing with goblins? Holy shit he's probably killed hundreds of thoudands of them.

No, in Overlord ADamantite is a legend, but Silver rank in GS is just Rank 3.
Prcelain > Obsidian > Steel > Saphire > Emerald >Ruby> Bronze >Silver, > Gold > Platinum

Platinum is the equivalent to Adamantite in overlord.
There are only 16 heroes as platinum rank in that world.
Nov 7, 2018 8:44 AM

May 2018
PrimeX said:

no, he's silver, it's 3rd highest rank.
but yes, he did kill so many goblins to rank up, he can get to that rank bc he beat upper level goblins.
but he will never rank up further if he didn't kill any other monster beside goblins.

it's a bit incomparable to Overlord though. A party of gold level adventurers in GS can beat demon lord.
Nov 8, 2018 4:12 AM

Jul 2013
@kofmaster @Blue_Reaper thanks for clarifying. I don'k know why I thought he's in the highest rank, could've sworn I heard it before. I should watch these episodes in closer intervals.
Nov 8, 2018 10:51 AM
Aug 2018
PrimeX said:
@kofmaster @Blue_Reaper thanks for clarifying. I don'k know why I thought he's in the highest rank, could've sworn I heard it before. I should watch these episodes in closer intervals.

Mostly because Silver ranked are somewhat the best around normally. They are the peak you can aspire to be if you are a normal guy or maybe a little above normal. So yes, if you are silver in that world they treat you with respect and you are basically an hero more or less.

Hoever, Gold are slightly more common than platinum but deal with threat that are beyond a normal human possibilty. They have amazing talents and are without a question heroes on a national level. The party that defeated the Demon Lord was gold rank for example.

Platinum are those odd entities that come across every few centuries. They are born lucky and are overpowered as hell. 16 have been this rank in all the history and there is only one alive at the time of GS.
Nov 8, 2018 1:36 PM

Nov 2013
Hold the F up...are they skipping a Shet load of content from manga???????????
Nov 8, 2018 2:09 PM
Jan 2018
AzorAhai said:
Didnt you read the previous comments?They are probably saving it for last.
Nov 8, 2018 6:42 PM

May 2018
jimmmaker said:
AzorAhai said:
Didnt you read the previous comments?They are probably saving it for last.

keyword "probably". Let's hope that's what they are truly doing.
Nov 8, 2018 6:47 PM

Oct 2017
I don't read the manga, so it's the next arc long enough to last 7 episodes more or there are a lot of arcs that could be animated next?

Because if not I don't get why so many people are scared about that arc not getting animated.

Again I don't know how much content there is out to be animated.

Nov 8, 2018 8:14 PM

May 2018
Heimur said:
I don't read the manga, so it's the next arc long enough to last 7 episodes more or there are a lot of arcs that could be animated next?

Because if not I don't get why so many people are scared about that arc not getting animated.

Again I don't know how much content there is out to be animated.

It’s enough for 3-4 episodes.
If they really save village arc for the last, i believe there will be more filler epsiodes after this arc.
People are getting freaked because that arc is cool and important for GS character dev.
Nov 9, 2018 7:32 AM

Apr 2015
Episodes that don't contribute to the main plot can be described as either a buildup episode or a filler episode.

This is a filler episode.
Nov 10, 2018 10:01 AM

Sep 2018
The good thing is that it makes the secondary characters less anonymous, of useless has that describes what everyone has clearly understood for centuries: that all the girls feel love for the Stoic. Not useless as an episode, but not even essential.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

993 by Raphkial »»
May 7, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2018

195 by Miki42 »»
Apr 1, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.