Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jun 14, 2016 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
I think this season has been pretty disappointing so far, minus a few moments such as *sob* Hodor.
Arya's storyline in my opinion has been a complete failure. After spending nearly 2 seasons training what has she got to show for it? It's cool she's going back to Westeros and everything but I was kind of hoping she'd become an awesome faceless assassin.
This season has taken a more meandering course than other seasons with at least 3 episodes that were pretty much filler. Obviously the good stuff is being saved for the last 2 episodes but does the rest of the season need to suffer as a result?
I feel like Game of Thrones is crumbling under its own weight.
Jun 14, 2016 12:02 PM

Apr 2011
what was the point of the Faceless men arc ? nothing changed, Arya is still going back to where she started. I guess she got a little bit stronger but how is that gonna change anything lol.
Jun 14, 2016 1:03 PM

Jan 2015
Valaskjalf said:
what was the point of the Faceless men arc ? nothing changed, Arya is still going back to where she started. I guess she got a little bit stronger but how is that gonna change anything lol.

Well she gained some good skills from the Faceless Men plus for the first time in a long while she's accepted her heritage. Probably better in the books though.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 14, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2012
bobzanny said:
Valaskjalf said:

Well she gained some good skills from the Faceless Men plus for the first time in a long while she's accepted her heritage. Probably better in the books though.

Difference is elegance and usage of brain.

Blind arya in show: Generic blind training executed by showing her getting hit in shitty choreography.

Blind arya in book: Wargs into a cat and spies on even the old man himself (who's not Jaqen because Jaqen is actually involved in Oldtown and meets Samwell as the cliffhanger of Book 4)
End Zionazism
Jun 14, 2016 2:38 PM

Mar 2014
Unfortunately I haven't read the books, but the point in the show was maybe that she gained some skills and accepted who she is (lol). And Jaqen in the end of the episode seemed like he saw that coming, so maybe he's got a plan. But anyways, in my opinion the main problem in my opinion is that Arya's specific arc length was unnecessarily long.
Jun 14, 2016 6:27 PM

Feb 2014
God damn, these religious idiots are making me cheer for Cercei.
Jun 15, 2016 9:50 AM

Jun 2015
I think her arc is going to have a satisfying end though.
Just my prediction.
Jun 15, 2016 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
Punkero said:

Ikr when she said "I choose violence" I was cheering but then I remembered what she did all past seasons <.< and I feel awkward.
Jun 15, 2016 12:49 PM

Jan 2014
Punkero said:

Nothing could make me cheer for Cersei. The more pain she's in, the more enjoyment for me. I wish she keeps that sad, helpless expression on her face till the end of the show.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 15, 2016 1:06 PM

Jun 2015
RedRoseFring said:
Punkero said:

Nothing could make me cheer for Cersei. The more pain she's in, the more enjoyment for me. I wish she keeps that sad, helpless expression on her face till the end of the show.

I think she will have a moment of triumph before her inevitable downfall, maybe in the last episode of this season.
Jun 15, 2016 1:29 PM

Apr 2016
I think I've hit the wall with GoT I am so uninterested in the minor plots (esp the High Sparrow one, ugh so lame) that I can't stand watching it.

And all the 'novelty' deaths are really wearing thing right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2016 5:16 AM

Aug 2015
RedRoseFring said:
Punkero said:

^This.

Cersei=Sansa=Joffrey. Best moments of GOT for me was when Cersei did her walk of shame and when Sansa got raped<3
Jun 16, 2016 5:37 AM
May 2009
Ok So the latest episode.

Arya Lives and Kills the blond girl and is heading home.
Black fish dies, so no reinforcements for Starks.
Jaime turns all evil and becomes more interesting.
Mountain kills a sept member, but thats all we get to see, nothing more, disappointing since I wanted to see a massacre. No trail by combat, but apparently some dirt has been uncovered, so called rumour, I don't recall hearing her to get the doctor to look into.

The Best part, Khalissi returns and we can expect a battle scene next episode, or just a scene of burnt ships.
Jun 16, 2016 4:29 PM

Mar 2012
Ep.8: A girl is finally no one.

Just how? How the fuck is what she did a part of becoming no one?
End Zionazism
Jun 19, 2016 5:38 AM

Feb 2012

BASTARDBOWL confirmed for tonight, can't be canceled (unless Tommen somehow ends up there), but still get HYPEDD.
Jun 19, 2016 8:01 AM
Oct 2011
Cersei will burn King's Landing in the last episode.
Jun 19, 2016 2:59 PM

Mar 2012
Let's hope the fight doesn't have super dumb moments like Hardhome or super cliche unchoreographed shit like Arya vs Waif
End Zionazism
Jun 19, 2016 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
YES, I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE. I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THEY PISSED ON ME WITH CLEGANEBOWL. AT LEAST NOT TONIGHT. FINALLY, EVERYTHING I WANTED. FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
YES
YES
YES
YES

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKDFNMOEFNDEWONFWIFNWEIFB WEF
Jun 19, 2016 8:10 PM

May 2015
Ok, BASTARDBOWL was the best episode, but I really wanted to see Jon's valyrian steel sword break another sword in combat. That would have made this episode perfect!

This episode's name is BASTARDBOWL right?
If not, it needs to be.
Jun 19, 2016 9:23 PM

Jun 2015
Very satisfying episode. Both the battle scenes in mereen and winterfell were excellent. Ramsay's death was the perfect end to the episode, I liked the fact that he died painfully.
Jon sure is a lucky bastard though, with all those arrows and horses missing him. Also, when exactly did Sansa have her little rendezvous with Littlefinger? I would've liked to see that.
Aside from that, this was a great episode, best in the season so far, and one of the best of the series.
Jun 19, 2016 10:16 PM

Mar 2009
Minnim said:
Jon sure is a lucky bastard though, with all those arrows and horses missing him. Also, when exactly did Sansa have her little rendezvous with Littlefinger? I would've liked to see that.

Remember that she was writing a note to someone a few eps before? Well of course the internet flipped the image and isolated it and so on and so forth, so assuming the letter was indeed to Littlefinger, odds are he and the Knights of the Vale were already well on their way.
http://nerdist.com/reddit-sleuths-confirm-sansas-letter-recipient-on-game-of-thrones/
Jun 19, 2016 10:28 PM

Sep 2007
Good grief, that scene where
Jun 19, 2016 10:48 PM

Jun 2015
FallnKnightFakir said:
Minnim said:

Remember that she was writing a note to someone a few eps before? Well of course the internet flipped the image and isolated it and so on and so forth, so assuming the letter was indeed to Littlefinger, odds are he and the Knights of the Vale were already well on their way.
http://nerdist.com/reddit-sleuths-confirm-sansas-letter-recipient-on-game-of-thrones/

Lol, I completely forgot about that. Guess it makes sense after all.
Jun 20, 2016 12:06 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty much what I expected. The Vale with Littlefinger making a last minute appearance to save the day, some dragons burning ships, and some ships to carry the Dragon Queen.

I'm not sure why they went for the arrow game with Rickon. So predictable the outcome of that.

I haven't really considered Ramsay to be a funny character, but I was amused by his "I've reconsidered" line. Well, at least that's another name of my list. Now to hope for a Cersei burning murder-suicide in the next episode (although I know they won't do that.)
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 20, 2016 12:16 AM

Mar 2012
Well-executed episode but the gandalf twist is really worn out by now. It was epic when Stannis did it, and it looked epic, how the Vale army broke the Phalanx, but still we all knew it was coming, I would have liked something else. Also how come there never are really any complex formations to these kinds of battles? Always Act 1: Arrows Act 2: Charge

How awkward would it have been if the Dragons burned Asha's ships as well. Seems that the writers aren't sure themselves whether they wanted to make Dany the mad queen or the good one.
End Zionazism
Jun 20, 2016 12:18 AM

Mar 2012
Also WHAT THE FUCK DANY..... DID YOU REALLY JUST FORGET TO ROLL THE R WHILE SAYING 'DRACARYS'?
End Zionazism
Jun 20, 2016 12:57 AM

Dec 2014
Best episode of the season, Intense and savage.

Battle scenes were really well done, I just love watching the dragon do their business.
That master got wrecked by worm XD

Alliance between Yara and Daenerys was cool.

Sad that Rickon had to die like that, But he could at least move differently instead of running in a straight line.

The Winterfall war was seriously intense, All that blood and the scene with Jon being trampled on and gasping for air was almost suffocating to watch.
Littlefinger's army saving the day was pretty cool and Ramsey getting punched by Jon was really satisfying.
R.I.P Giant guy, You were cool.

That end with Ramsey being ripped apart by the hounds was so fitting, Sansa even smirked at the end xD
Jun 20, 2016 1:03 AM
Oct 2011
"Look to my coming, at first light, on the fifth day. At dawn, look to the East." - Littlefinger the White

Also, Jon Snow should die for that dumb thing he did. I'm mean ffs, you died because of how naive you are and now you're just fucking running toward your and your men's fucking death? Ned and Robb did similar dumb shit, I don't see why Jon should live after this.

A lot of the things in this episode were real btw, the horses were real, not CGI. A really well presented and well produced episode.
Candor123Jun 20, 2016 1:07 AM
Jun 20, 2016 1:26 AM
Jul 2018
:3 dope ep yo. The good guys win!
Jun 20, 2016 3:10 AM

Feb 2008
Of all the big battles (King's Landing, The Wall, White Walkers) this was probably the least interesting. I did like how it avoided a generic 1v1 swordfight at the end, though, and the final scene was fucked up in all the right ways (though oddly tame and censored in comparison to previous seasons' deaths?)

I just hope things pick up in the final seasons. Seasons five and six have been very weak in comparison to everything before - probably because it's now strayed from the books and its original writers lack the same skill of GRRM. There are so many characters and unfinished substories at this point that hearing they plan to wrap things up with only 14 more episodes makes me concerned that the show might have gotten bigger than it can handle.
Jun 20, 2016 3:20 AM

Mar 2012
Veronin said:
Of all the big battles (King's Landing, The Wall, White Walkers) this was probably the least interesting. I did like how it avoided a generic 1v1 swordfight at the end, though, and the final scene was fucked up in all the right ways (though oddly tame and censored in comparison to previous seasons' deaths?)

I just hope things pick up in the final seasons. Seasons five and six have been very weak in comparison to everything before - probably because it's now strayed from the books and its original writers lack the same skill of GRRM. There are so many characters and unfinished substories at this point that hearing they plan to wrap things up with only 14 more episodes makes me concerned that the show might have gotten bigger than it can handle.

Yeah, books 4 and 5 were amazingly stacked with hints, build-up and wolrd-building for the actual wars to home. (Hardhome for example)

I really hope Cersei doesn't burn the city. I want Dany to do it. Like fuck yeah dragons- whoops I just nuked KL. Then everyone turns on her.
End Zionazism
Jun 20, 2016 5:23 AM

Feb 2012
Yeah the episode was predictable, we all knew Jon and Sansa would win, and Littlefinger would save them, but it was done freaking awesome. Shout out to Miguel Sapochnik for always coming in to direct the best episodes.

Gonna miss Ramsay now, will have to get used to Euron as the new bad guy and asshole. Dat Dany and Yara flirting tho.

Candor said:
Cersei will burn King's Landing in the last episode.

Yeah the leaks for ep 9 were pretty spot on, so that is probably right as well.
Jun 20, 2016 5:32 AM

Mar 2014
After what I found an overall mediocre season, this episode kicked ass as promised. Jon Snow was awesome, I think Kit Harington has really improved his acting skills throughout the years. It was predictable, but still well-executed. The directing and choreography were superb. Also I feel like I am in the minority for actually disliking Sansa. She was strategic, but Jon's army was slaughtered and she didn't even care about her own damn brother. I mean, even if it was a trap to lure them in she seemed like she didn't give two shits about him. P.S. Yay for Tormund being alive :D

I'm pretty hyped for the last episode, I think Jonathan Pryce said a month ago that there will be a Red Wedding-esque scene in this season and I don't think we've seen something that resembles it yet. I just hope Jaime doesn't die ;_;
Jun 20, 2016 5:37 AM

Mar 2014
Wasabi said:
Good grief, that scene where

I totally agree, holy shit I felt really anxious while watching that.

Lelouch0202 said:

Sad that Rickon had to die like that, But he could at least move differently instead of running in a straight line.

True, while watching that I was hoping that he'd do a zig zag or something.
Jun 20, 2016 8:58 AM

Jul 2014
Does anybody else think that Arya shouldn't have left the temple? I think she's just gonna die like the rest of the Starks at this rate.
Doctors want to check me
Poke me and dissect me
What do they expect?
Feelings from a wind-up toy?
I don't think so

Jun 20, 2016 9:16 AM

Mar 2016
Damn!!! Brilliant episode, 1000/10. I don't think there is any tv series as good as GOT to date. Although I predicted someone will come to aid for Snow's army, all the battle moments were spectacular.
Jun 20, 2016 9:46 AM

Jun 2016
with as much as jon snow fucked up in that battle i was expecting a lot more people to die. shows creators are taking it easy on the main characters now
Scream!
Jun 20, 2016 10:50 AM

Jul 2013
Veronin said:
There are so many characters and unfinished substories at this point that hearing they plan to wrap things up with only 14 more episodes makes me concerned that the show might have gotten bigger than it can handle.

I doubt this considering they did take out pretty much everything from the SS of Abandoned Plotlines, with the exception of Gendry that is still rowing. So its clear they are bringing a closure to everything... whether that coclusion will be a rushed mess or not, remains to be seen. Some were terrible, like the Blackfish and Riverrun which... made me want to quote Ryan Reynolds meme:
But why?

As for yesterdays eps... the stuff I didn't like:
-Mostly how Theon and Yara quickjumped to Mereen that fast. I don't really remember if the books mention the distance from Iron Islands to there but... I don't think they should have been able to move that fast. Reminds me of Batfinger.
-It was somewhat predictable. With Blackfish's horrendous exit (which also butchered show version of Edmure), it was obvious Sansa was going to ask him for help...

Still, those complains are minors. Honestly, even if predictable, I wouldn't have had it any other way. It had to be like that. I mean, I am fairly confident that most would be bitching even more if Ramsay had actually won. And even if some complain that we got too much of a Ramsay cruelty show, one final cruel machination was needed from him. It made sense that the Rickon plot would push Jon to make a rushed decision.
Even if predictable, the episode was what I wanted it to be. No complaints, the best episode of the season.
Jun 20, 2016 3:52 PM

Oct 2013
Biggest problem i have is lack of detail in GOT S6. What happened to all the small little details they had back in the day? Now its just big thing after big thing with barely any buildup. Episode 9 especially, like this is the most cut down episode ever, its like they just filmed random scenes and just pieced em together so they all looked like they were jumping to 1 place or the other and shit got resolved way too quick in many places and shit got better too quuickly like ffs man!

The big battle was awesome, especially the one shot with Jon Snow, So cool. Jon asked for all those deaths though after letting Rikkons death get to him. Ramsey wanted it and he fell right into it. Sansa saved the day by getting Little Finger to help but they need to end their ties with em quick or there gettin stabbed in the back.

Ramsey that son of fkng whore bitch got what he deserved. FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!!! Worse than Joffery if you ask me. Awesome villain though, he def delivered.

tsukkisama said:
Does anybody else think that Arya shouldn't have left the temple? I think she's just gonna die like the rest of the Starks at this rate.

A girl has no name, a girl has no home, a girl has no brain. That shit got on my nerves man so fuck the temple.

Arya got bigger shit goin on, she ain't gonna die.
TheNoseOfDeathJun 20, 2016 4:03 PM
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Jun 20, 2016 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
Do people who liked this episode not see the plot holes or do they just not care and are just in it for tits and dragons?
End Zionazism
Jun 21, 2016 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
Fire & Ice

A nice parallel, I loved this episode, the battle was amazing, maybe my favorite in the series. It also had one of my favorite scenes in the show (mostly cause I'm a Jon Snow fanboy) the scene where Ramsay's army is rushing towards him and he takes his sword out and holds his ground, the music and imagery was amazing.

Ramsay deserved way worse, but it was nice to see Sansa get some sort of revenge on him (and she made good on her promise) I'm worried about where her character might go now that she seems to trust Littlefinger more than Jon :o

The stuff with Dany was cool, one thing I absolutely loved about this episode was how it was paced, ever second felt like it was just right, when I saw the battle was going to start at the 30 min mark I was worried it would be cut short but no, it was perfect. Great episode, probably the best of this season.
Jun 21, 2016 12:51 AM

Jan 2015
next prob will be get rid of littlefinger
karambiaJun 21, 2016 12:56 AM

la critique de l'intention pure
Jun 21, 2016 2:54 AM
May 2009
Danae said:

Lelouch0202 said:

True, while watching that I was hoping that he'd do a zig zag or something.

He should have ran towards to burning flayed men, could have used them as cover in that large open field.
Jun 21, 2016 5:03 AM
Jun 21, 2016 5:10 AM

Jan 2015
so that breaking bad episode aren't 10/10 anymore or what

la critique de l'intention pure
Jun 21, 2016 6:56 AM

Mar 2012
katiak_Ula said:

Ozymandias is higher, BITCH.

6x9 is a great exqmple of brain dead fans wanting only action and wish fulfillment. This is one of the dumbest and The most plot hole riddled episode of the season
End Zionazism
Jun 21, 2016 8:28 AM

Aug 2015
Mikasa said:
katiak_Ula said:

Ozymandias is higher, BITCH.

6x9 is a great exqmple of brain dead fans wanting only action and wish fulfillment. This is one of the dumbest and The most plot hole riddled episode of the season

How is 10 higher than 10 mr.mathgenius? Last I checked
Ozymandias is an episode of Breaking Bad and not GOT. I meant highest rated episode of GOT but even then, it's still tied with Ozymandias which makes them the highest rated episodes. This is why you don't skip Math lessons kids.

Nice attitude Hitler, calling fans braindead just cause something is not to your liking. You do know that one season of Got consist of only 10 episodes and it's only an hour per episode? If you want something complete then just read the book, no need to whine like a bitch, BITCH! See, that's how you use the word bitch properly and not just throw it out randomly.
Jun 21, 2016 8:36 AM
Aug 2014
HoldTheDoor said:

Nice attitude Hitler, calling fans braindead just cause something is not to your liking. You do know that one season of Got consist of only 10 episodes and it's only an hour per episode? If you want something complete then just read the book, no need to whine like a bitch, BITCH! See, that's how you use the word bitch properly and not just throw it out randomly.

To be honest his use of bitch was better since he was talking about a Breaking bad episode and the bitch was a reference to Jesse Pinkman. You was the one who used it randomly imo.

But this ridiculous elitism about "braindead fans wanting only action and wish fullmillment" does make him sound like a bitch i guess
Jun 21, 2016 10:12 AM

Mar 2014

Personally I don't think it will, most fans have already speculated some very plausible scenarios. I just hope there's no senseless and unnecessary killing of characters as in the previous season finale, where like 7 people or so died.
Jun 21, 2016 10:47 AM

Jun 2016
aoeiiou said:
I imagine Stannis is already crying in his grave. Good job boning that.

I think Stannis is actually alive. Remember how Breanne swung her sword to execute him and the camera immediately cuts away? Well there's a known rule in TV shows where if you don't actually say an important character die, they might be alive.

Game of Thrones is a show that is obviously not afraid to show death, so why wouldn't they show the death of Stannis? The character who serves in the show as the face of the Baratheon house, you really think they'd just cut the camera away?

I think Breanne had some last minute regret and swung her sword into the tree instead.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3499 by Dumb »»
2 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7770 by enigmasauce »»
5 hours ago

» What was the last TV show episode (non anime) have you watched?

Vargnatt - Mar 23

38 by AnimeGirlEnjoyer »»
12 hours ago

» What are your favorite western cartoons? ( 1 2 )

Deadaccount2974 - Mar 15, 2021

77 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Poll: » do you use TikTok?

DreamingBeats - Mar 16

32 by Rhae »»
Yesterday, 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.