Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Dec 17, 2014 2:29 PM

Oct 2014
TheOneOtaku said:
Haise feels as though he knows that place...
And Touka...

Don't let yourself be fooled by the translation at the end of the line :p
"It's like Tolstoy said. Happiness is an allegory, unhappiness a story"

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 17, 2014 2:38 PM

Apr 2014
It would be funny to see Madam A running the new Gourmet restaurant

She's a sneaky woman and I'm sure she has connections with this nutcracker.
Dec 17, 2014 3:02 PM

Mar 2013
Too short, waay too short. I wanted to read more! Q.Q But it's nice to finally see Yomo and Touka. My feels when Sasaki cried after drinking the coffee.
I wished they showed Suzuya, I miss him.
Dec 17, 2014 3:22 PM
Dec 2014
Z4k said:
Oreo_Assassin said:
Do we still not know if Touka has her Kagune still?

What made you think she doesn't?

Ayato destroying it?
Dec 17, 2014 3:26 PM

Oct 2013
Oreo_Assassin said:
Z4k said:

What made you think she doesn't?

Ayato destroying it?

Kagune regrows unless the kakuhou organ is destroyed.
Dec 17, 2014 3:35 PM
Dec 2014
FrozenRemains said:
Oreo_Assassin said:

Ayato destroying it?

Wasnt it destroyed? I thought the Kakuhou was located in the shoulder for her Kagune type? I have to go back and check
Dec 17, 2014 3:36 PM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:
It would be funny to see Madam A running the new Gourmet restaurant

She's a sneaky woman and I'm sure she has connections with this nutcracker.

Yeah didn't want to say anything in the other forum, but I don't think is her.
After all we only know she is a madam, but since there are many, (we know two), it can be anybody.
I am leaning for a new madam.
Madam A was too concern with having babies lol.
Plus her social status was given by Dr. Kanou, without him I believe she would go back to being poor no?
After all as far as I understood the Madams have to be rich
Maybe is Itori lol, she destroys the nuts and gives Uta the penis, since he likes it so much.

"And the sense of tragedy-according to Aristotle.comes, ironically enough, not from the protagonist's weak points but from his good qualities. Do you know what I'm getting at? People are drawn deeper into tragedy not by their defects but by their virtues"

Kafka on the shore by Haruki Murakami...the man that was the inspiration for Sen Takatsuki

Dec 17, 2014 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
Oreo_Assassin said:
FrozenRemains said:

Wasnt it destroyed? I thought the Kakuhou was located in the shoulder for her Kagune type? I have to go back and check

My bad,a ghouls kakuhou continually regrows until the ghoul dies,like Kanou did wit rize,he kept taking her kakuhou to make ghouls,and it regrew.
Dec 17, 2014 4:09 PM

Jun 2013
New Touka= hot
Dec 17, 2014 4:24 PM
Oct 2012
FrozenRemains said:
Oreo_Assassin said:

My bad,a ghouls kakuhou continually regrows until the ghoul dies,like Kanou did wit rize,he kept taking her kakuhou to make ghouls,and it regrew.

Rize is a Rinkaku, Touka is a Ukaku, but anyway, Touka's kakuhou was not destroyed, in the best of hypotheses it was damaged, but nothing that regeneration can not solve.
Dec 17, 2014 5:39 PM
Dec 2014
Acernos said:
FrozenRemains said:

Rize is a Rinkaku, Touka is a Ukaku, but anyway, Touka's kakuhou was not destroyed, in the best of hypotheses it was damaged, but nothing that regeneration can not solve.

Alright thanks to both of you!
Dec 17, 2014 6:08 PM
Jun 2014
Saiko would probably be a really skilled investigator if she had motivation. She had a pretty high RC level and in this chapter she was able to tell that there were three people coming up to her room before they even got there.
Dec 18, 2014 1:45 AM

Dec 2011
Still can't get over Touka, kyaah!!!
It's funny how Saiko covered her weight behind her finger.

Also, I thought Kaneki destroyed the gourmet club. Wonder how it survived. I wonder if Tsukiyama is a part of it.
Dec 18, 2014 2:57 AM

Jul 2012
Boring. need i say more.
The Manga Society Rules MAL
Dec 18, 2014 12:38 PM

Aug 2010
"And the thought that I had such a beautiful person in my life crossed my mind"

Yes Kaneki, and you still could. I really hope he regains his memories soon.
Dec 18, 2014 12:44 PM

Oct 2014
Ragna92 said:

There is another translation for that phrase.

Dec 18, 2014 12:46 PM

Dec 2013
moeanao said:
Goddammit, Suzuya! Why did he have to oversleep when I'm dying to see him?
Ishida left me blue balled again
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 18, 2014 1:08 PM
Dec 2014
gabyta07 said:
Ragna92 said:

Whats another one?
Dec 18, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2014
Oreo_Assassin said:
gabyta07 said:

Whats another one?

Something along the lines "To think that a beautiful person like her existed"

Dec 18, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2012
Nothing really important happened, only predictable stuff (Yomo and arguably Touka know that/think he is/appears similar to Kaneki) and Suzuya teasing.

Saiko with her chubbiness implications and her NEET ways was cute though.
Dec 18, 2014 8:33 PM

Nov 2014
FrozenRemains said:
Oreo_Assassin said:

I thought taking out the kakuhou killed ghouls and that rize happened to be a strange exception considering kanekis unnatural ability to heal even among ghouls i figured he got it because of rize.

Could've swore how they talked about how hard it is to remove a kakuhou and that it kills the ghoul but they have to be alive for you to be able to remove it into a quinque or w/e.

Ofcourse i could've just imagined all this shit myself by misreading some stuff here and there.

ontop of all that since the position of your kakuhou decides what kindn of kagune you have bikaku/rinkaku/koukaku/ukaku, does this mean that the CCG basically is able to decide what kind of kagune their quincke will have since they transplant the kakuhou into them.

the only type of kagune that seems to come with any special ability other than strength against the kagune from a kakuhou positioned above it is that rinkaku are capable of better regeneration skills. you'd think theyd just make a ton of rinkakus or maybe koukaku if youre trying to makee a soldier that sits on the front lines since they seem to have jousting like kagune covering their arm like tsukiyama and urie.

if arima had a kagune we all know itd be ukaku though. unless he intentionally made himself a koukaku just to fight one eyed owl. hed prob look like some night with a mixture of aratas armor and tsukiyamas arm. im just speaking nonsense now ill stop
bromainsDec 18, 2014 8:42 PM
Dec 18, 2014 9:52 PM

Aug 2014
bromains said:
...if arima had a kagune...

Bro... don't even go there. Arima with a kagune would be the definition of "hax".

Ishida's gotta keep the two sides equal in strength, at least for now. We don't want to see Arima raping Eto, do we?

~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Dec 19, 2014 1:04 AM

Dec 2013
gabyta07 said:
Oreo_Assassin said:

Whats another one?

Which is also good news. Perhaps the feelings he never get across as Kaneki will....
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 19, 2014 6:06 AM

Apr 2014
Benphyre said:
gabyta07 said:

Which is also good news. Perhaps the feelings he never get across as Kaneki will....

First impression was cute now its the most beautiful person xD

Dec 19, 2014 6:27 AM
Oct 2012
"Could've swore how they talked about how hard it is to remove a kakuhou and that it kills the ghoul but they have to be alive for you to be able to remove it into a quinque or w/e."

a ghoul does not need to be alive to have kakuhou removed and be turned into quinque (take Jason as an example), Shinohara says in chapter 53 that they just need to know where the kakuhou is located, it is clear that if the kakuhou suffer great harm , it can hurt or maybe kill a ghouls, Shiro had 70% of kakuhou destroying and Kanou said she was going to die, but each ghoul is different from another, Kaneki had his kakuhou damaged during the fight against Shinohara, and just had to use another he had to fight again ..
Dec 19, 2014 6:31 AM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
"Could've swore how they talked about how hard it is to remove a kakuhou and that it kills the ghoul but they have to be alive for you to be able to remove it into a quinque or w/e."

a ghoul does not need to be alive to have kakuhou removed and be turned into quinque (take Jason as an example), Shinohara says in chapter 53 that they just need to know where the kakuhou is located, it is clear that if the kakuhou suffer great harm , it can hurt or maybe kill a ghouls, Shiro had 70% of kakuhou destroying and Kanou said she was going to die, but each ghoul is different from another, Kaneki had his kakuhou damaged during the fight against Shinohara, and just had to use another he had to fight again ..

actually he damaged the kagune not the kakuhou.
I am telling you bc I thought the same while I was arguing about it with a user from youtube, and then I went to recheck the page...and they were right, it was the kagune that he damaged.

Dec 19, 2014 6:53 AM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
Acernos said:

actually he damaged the kagune not the kakuhou.
I am telling you bc I thought the same while I was arguing about it with a user from youtube, and then I went to recheck the page...and they were right, it was the kagune that he damaged.

Seriously, I do not think so, but I'm too lazy to look, anyway, Kuroiwa damaged the owl's Kakuhou, and it did not kill owl.
AcernosDec 19, 2014 7:00 AM
Dec 19, 2014 6:54 AM
Oct 2012
and you debate on youtube? it is courage and patience.
Dec 19, 2014 7:03 AM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:

LOL, its bc I watch Chibi reviews and forneverworld, which is kind of dissapointing that they skip all the hints and foreshadowing :(

Btw its chapter 105

Dec 19, 2014 7:18 AM
Oct 2012
I researched now, I saw 4 different translations, 3 of them imply that Shinohara only deeply cut Kaneki, but that did not actually damage the kakuhou.
Dec 19, 2014 7:26 AM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
I researched now, I saw 4 different translations, 3 of them imply that Shinohara only deeply cut Kaneki, but that did not actually damage the kakuhou.

Yep as I said only cut the kagune not the kakuhou.
If I remember correctly the inspectors on his side say something along the lines, "if he had only cut the kakuhou" but then it seems Kaneki instead of waiting for the kagune to regenerate, he attacks him with another shape, and that's how Shinohara realizes that he has more than one kakuhou.

Dec 19, 2014 8:10 AM

Apr 2014
gabyta07 said:
Acernos said:

LOL, its bc I watch Chibi reviews and forneverworld, which is kind of dissapointing that they skip all the hints and foreshadowing :(

Btw its chapter 105

Actually I'm that guy you were debating with.
*Shrugs*
Thought you noticed since I repeated the same thing on another forum.

Dec 19, 2014 8:49 AM

Oct 2014
NeutralSide said:
gabyta07 said:

Btw its chapter 105

Actually I'm that guy you were debating with.
*Shrugs*
Thought you noticed since I repeated the same thing on another forum.

Nope, didn't noticed :D Since sometimes I read the same theories from different ppl so its difficult to pin point it.
But it is nice to know and I actually thought it was another guy from this forum. Again thanks for pointing it out.
gabyta07Dec 19, 2014 8:58 AM

Dec 19, 2014 9:23 AM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
Acernos said:

If I remember correctly the inspectors on his side say something along the lines, "if he had only cut the kakuhou" but then it seems Kaneki instead of waiting for the kagune to regenerate, he attacks him with another shape, and that's how Shinohara realizes that he has more than one kakuhou.

but Shinohara also cuts the Kaneki's body, you can see that these two images.

here: http://bato.to/read/_/277018/tokyo-ghoul_v11_ch104_by_twisted-hel-scans/19

and here:http://bato.to/read/_/277023/tokyo-ghoul_v11_ch105_by_twisted-hel-scans/2
blood coming out of Kaneki waist.
Dec 19, 2014 9:26 AM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
gabyta07 said:

here: http://bato.to/read/_/277018/tokyo-ghoul_v11_ch104_by_twisted-hel-scans/19

and here:http://bato.to/read/_/263841/tokyo-ghoul_v11_ch105_by_blastcomic-scans

Yeah, so...that means he cut the kagune. Doesn't mean he cut the kakuhou? No, if yes they would have stated it.
I mean Amon blew one side of his body, and then he went with Arima to fight.
Doesn't mean that Amon blew a kakuhou? We don't know. And in fact nobody mentioned Amon destroying Kaneki's kakuhou.
gabyta07Dec 19, 2014 9:34 AM

Dec 19, 2014 9:33 AM

Apr 2014

I don't think the translations are correct because if a Kakuhou can survive a damage like this then I doubt anything could seriously damage it. What they probably meant was that if a ghoul's kakuhou gets damage they will temporarily not be able to use their kagune for awhile because we've seen some ghouls that have regenerated their Kakuhou even after its severely damaged.
Dec 19, 2014 9:37 AM

Oct 2014
Z4k said:

I don't think the translations are correct because if a Kakuhou can survive a damage like this then I doubt anything could seriously damage it. What they probably meant was that if a ghoul's kakuhou gets damage they will temporarily not be able to use their kagune for awhile because we've seen ghouls that have regenerated their Kakuhou even after its severely damaged.

Yeah, I'll wait until July to know the correct answer, since the french official version for vol. 11 should come by that time.
Anyway, that is the reason when ppl ask if Kaneki can return to human by having the kakuhou removed? I answer I don't think so, Kaneki's body is a ghoul.

Dec 19, 2014 9:40 AM

Apr 2014
Acernos said:
gabyta07 said:

and here:http://bato.to/read/_/277023/tokyo-ghoul_v11_ch105_by_twisted-hel-scans/2

I don't know are you guys talking about.
Shinohara did cut ONE of Kaneki's kakuhou..Kaneki just released another one.
Shinohara: Exactly how many other kakuhous does he have?

Also I believe that Kakuhous does regenerate even on other ghouls.
If I recall correctly Its one of the investigators techniques at subduing a Ghoul..To cut deeply enough or pierce a hole to shatter the kakuhou.
Without a Kakuhou a Ghoul is defenseless.

Since its a known technique its safe to assume captured Ghouls regenerate it over time..The only difference with Rize is because she has Abnormal regenerative factor even on Rinkaku class.

It doesn't matter whether a Ghoul is dead or alive to gather Kakuhous and create a Quinque.
The only disadvantage on a Dead ghoul is that the Kakuhou would be a one time thing.
Which led me to believe that Arata is a Milk factory.

Dec 19, 2014 9:55 AM

Oct 2014
NeutralSide said:
Acernos said:

If I recall correctly Its one of the investigators techniques at subduing a Ghoul..To cut deeply enough or pierce a hole to shatter the kakuhou.

Since its a known technique its safe to assume captured Ghouls regenerate it over time..The only difference with Rize is because she has Abnormal regenerative factor even on Rinkaku class.

It doesn't matter whether a Ghoul is dead or alive to gather Kakuhous and create a Quinque.
The only disadvantage on a Dead ghoul is that the Kakuhou would be a one time thing.

Mmmm, well according to the translations that we have the inspectors on Shinoharas side said he didn't cut the kakuhou, that he cut the kagune.

Just the third one, doesn't inform if he cut the kakuhou or the kagune.
gabyta07Dec 19, 2014 10:07 AM

Dec 19, 2014 10:07 AM

Apr 2014
Don't know what translation I'm reading from.
Anyway..I think whether Shinohara did cut or not is a trivial thing.
Kakuhous does regenerate over time if that's the thing you guys were debunking..
http://imperialscans.com/read/tokyo-ghoul-re/7-people-in-the-dark/18
Cut the kagune then the kakuhou.
Don't know if there's any difference in which order to shatter first.

Dec 19, 2014 10:09 AM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
NeutralSide said:

Mmmm, well according to the translations that we have the inspectors on Shinoharas side said he didn't cut the kakuhou, that he cut the kagune.

and a waist, Kaneki is a rinkaku, rinkakus are fragile, Shinohara cut several times during the fight, but only that image Kaneki complains of pain.
Dec 19, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
gabyta07 said:

and a waist, Kaneki is a rinkaku, rinkakus are fragile, Shinohara cut several times during the fight, but only that image Kaneki complains of pain.

Yeah, but these are assumptions, just like we can assume that Amon cut the kakuhou too. There is no confirmation.
The only confirmation we have in page 2 chapter 5, is that at least at that moment he didn't cut the kakuhou.
But if we are going by whole on the stomach thing, then we can say Shinohara, Amon and Nishiki destroyed his kakuhou.
gabyta07Dec 19, 2014 10:22 AM

Dec 19, 2014 10:36 AM

Apr 2014
lol this discussion has been going in circles for too long now...
Dec 19, 2014 12:49 PM
Oct 2012
gabyta07 said:
Acernos said:

Yeah, but these are assumptions, just like we can assume that Amon cut the kakuhou too. There is no confirmation.
The only confirmation we have in page 2 chapter 5, is that at least at that moment he didn't cut the kakuhou.
But if we are going by whole on the stomach thing, then we can say Shinohara, Amon and Nishiki destroyed his kakuhou.

the only thing I'm saying is that Shinohara cut Kaneki waist, just that, and also cut the kagune rinkaku no big deal, I mean also that Kaneki that page complains of pain in the waist, I never said cut kagune = cut kakuhou or Shinohara is cutting kakuhou.
Dec 19, 2014 12:51 PM

Oct 2014
Acernos said:
gabyta07 said:

the only thing I'm saying is that Shinohara cut Kaneki waist, just that, and also cut the kagune rinkaku no big deal, I mean also that Kaneki that page complains of pain in the waist, I never said cut kagune = cut kakuhou or Shinohara is cutting kakuhou.

Ok, sorry I thought you were implying, my bad :p

Dec 19, 2014 12:54 PM

May 2011
Did Touka actually ignore Kaneki/Sasaki ? All her expressions were unreadable. I don't know whether she's angry or sad.
Dec 19, 2014 1:23 PM
Oct 2012
Satan-sama said:
Did Touka actually ignore Kaneki/Sasaki ? All her expressions were unreadable. I don't know whether she's angry or sad.

nobody knows what happens in the heart of a woman.
Dec 19, 2014 1:34 PM

Apr 2014
Satan-sama said:

Well "A smile that looked a little troubled and a bit sad"
I think that was a good hint..

They do know its Kaneki just purposely ignoring him and I think its a good idea..Don't want baby Sasaki tell on papa arima and endanger everyone's special place again.

That and seems like the rumor about the quinx squad being led by a guy named "Sasaki" is spreading in underground ghoul world.
NeutralSideDec 19, 2014 1:39 PM

Dec 20, 2014 1:27 PM
Nov 2013
Satan-sama said:

I think shes a bit sad to see him not remembering her and on the enemy side! Eventually he's gonna snap out of it and remember everyone until then. TOUKAXKANEKI OTP
Dec 20, 2014 10:57 PM

Apr 2012
Dat Himouto reference.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 150 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pleinair - Nov 20, 2017

63 by Naroomaki »»
Jun 8, 1:28 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 149 Discussion ( 1 2 )

CrimsonMidnight - Nov 13, 2017

58 by Naroomaki »»
Jun 8, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 146 Discussion ( 1 2 )

brendennp1 - Oct 22, 2017

83 by Naroomaki »»
Jun 8, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 145 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Celeli - Oct 16, 2017

101 by Naroomaki »»
Jun 8, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 144 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

153 by Naroomaki »»
Jun 8, 12:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.