Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 31, 2009 2:08 AM
Dec 2008
Zoro!!!!!!!
May 31, 2009 4:35 AM

Nov 2008
kyaaa.. omg, the next episode's gonna be an epic! >,<

"Oha~~Lucky!"
May 31, 2009 10:19 AM

Aug 2007
Damn, it was out this early?

An wtf? I can't find it on funimation. >_>
May 31, 2009 1:28 PM
Oct 2008
Awesome ep! The best arc ever!
May 31, 2009 11:33 PM

Jan 2009
WOW great episode, poor Zoro this without luck recently >.<
Waiting anxiously for the next episode xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2009 6:06 AM
Nov 2007
woah, I am shrinking=) Luffy is the best...

awesome episode, SH's attacks were amazing, then Sentoumaru appears, he is really strong and now comes Kizaru... great pace...
Jun 1, 2009 9:29 AM

Nov 2007
Ishmael said:
Damn, it was out this early?

An wtf? I can't find it on funimation. >_>

Funi removed all episodes of One Piece, and many other shows. I guess they're trying to fix their crappy security.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jun 1, 2009 9:53 AM

Mar 2009
EPIC episode!!

There was no preview but I know the Next episode is going to be Great!
Jun 1, 2009 11:00 AM

Dec 2008
Director really wanted to focus on Strawhat's exhaustion. They all were breathing so deeply. And Zoro's condition is no secret either.

Epic episode! 5/5
Jun 1, 2009 5:34 PM

Aug 2008
Always finish in the best part!!!!!
Jun 1, 2009 8:32 PM

Feb 2008
another near death experience? last time it was with that sword guy forget his name. if he doesn't die, he will be even cooler after this.

its unfortunate but there seems to be just a rotation of too strong guys, escape, get stronger, beat strong guys, rest, relax meet more strong guys etc.... the animation and the fights are cool, but the progression is too basic and predictable. if the story wasn't fun to watch and see develop it would make for a rather boring anime.
Jun 2, 2009 12:58 AM

Apr 2009
kisami said:
but there seems to be just a rotation of too strong guys, escape, get stronger, beat strong guys, rest, relax meet more strong guys etc.....

roflmao.

this is in every shounen anime.
ex bleach, naruto, dragon ball, one piece...

this is how it works X)
Jun 2, 2009 9:32 PM

Dec 2008
beams ftw. also shockwaves (or whatever sentoumaru did)

ehh... cliffhangers.

also ep #: forbidden
enkilJun 2, 2009 9:35 PM
Jun 3, 2009 1:47 PM

Apr 2007
Although I know what happens next WHY A CLIFFHANGER?!

Zoro :'<
Jun 5, 2009 2:09 PM

Apr 2009
so no episode on saturday ? :((
funi sux xD
Jun 7, 2009 6:31 PM

Jun 2008
OK so we have another robot a weird big guy with an axe and the admiral on there asses. Boy they are fucked. I wonder what miracle will happen for them to escape out of this one.
Jun 12, 2009 10:36 PM

Jan 2009
Don't die on us Zoro! :(
Nov 14, 2009 4:16 PM

May 2008
Lepchin17 said:
Don't die on us Zoro! :(
This...

That Admiral is really slow...
Feb 26, 2010 12:09 PM

Mar 2007
Sennin_Darkissa said:
Damn it..Just...Omg.

Thank God I read the manga or now I would be restless for the whole week :P

OMG! is ZORO GUNNA LIVE!?!? I DONT KNOW!!!

...but i know he won't die. If you seriously think anything major will EVER happen, you lost the game.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Apr 13, 2010 3:00 AM

Oct 2008
Waa, Sentamarou is quite strong. o.o
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 24, 2010 8:18 AM

Feb 2009
(I don't watch previews)

K a miracle has got to happen, because the Strawhats are in a total desperate situation, the Axe Guy, Kizaru and another Pacifista, seriously, this is gonna get tough.

And btw, AWESOME episode, like the previous one, can't stop watching now, NEXT!
Aug 25, 2010 9:08 AM

Jun 2010
Yea this is probably the first time I actually dont see a way out for them, all the other times you figured Luffy or Zoro would pull through, whether it was Enel, CP9 or any other enemy. But damn this is like a pile up on them from all sides, not even fair, I can only imagine Rayleigh trying to save them again seeing as how he is strong.
Apr 13, 2011 2:08 AM

Jul 2007
If things couldn't get any worse, now Sentamaru arrives on the scene, his ability to have the strongest defense, luffy can't even touch him. This is where he explains the truth behind the pacifista's.

There combined efforts to actually finally destroy the pacifist was awesome team work but they still have kizaru and sentomaru to deal with. The scene at the end had my heart racing. Right when Kizaru arrived on the scene to deliver the final blow to zoro. This episode was a serous adrenaline rush.

I don't see how in the hell the straw hats can possible survive this. This is by far the worst situation they have ever been in. It makes all those other adventures at the grand line seem like nothing.
ArtimesGamerApr 13, 2011 2:13 AM

May 13, 2011 6:38 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, this is pretty screwed up. How the hell are they supposed to survive this? I mean, an admiral, a guy with the supposedly strongest guard, and another Pacifista? I mean I know they'll make it through but HOW will they is the answer.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 13, 2011 6:46 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
Wow, this is pretty screwed up. How the hell are they supposed to survive this? I mean, an admiral, a guy with the supposedly strongest guard, and another Pacifista? I mean I know they'll make it through but HOW will they is the answer.

Can you imagine being stuck in the middle of these episodes watching them weekly. Or actually having to stop mid way through. lol Good thing you chose to watch these straight in a row when you had the time to finish them all.

Jul 4, 2011 10:20 AM

May 2010
OH SH*T! hahaha Everythings going bad for the Strawhats! Its one thing after another.. Its great how Oda keeps the tempo.. but the drawing of Sentamarou on the other hand looks awful for my taste haha sumo wrestlerish :-P
Aug 3, 2011 9:26 PM

Aug 2010
Kizaru is such a badass
Feb 2, 2012 6:35 PM

Jan 2012
when luffy says to run, you know shit is ROCK BOTTOM BAD.
i was overwhelmed for everyone. admiral kizaru, world's strongest guard and robot!kuma - i could see optimal luffy beating one of these three at an end boss fight, but this was all three of them with everybody in shit condition.
at least when all the pirates kept saying "you'll never survive the new world/there's powers out there you haven't dreamed of" they weren't joking. seriously, yeeeeesh omg.

(loving this, of course, since i know straw hats aren't gonna be killed ever.)
Nov 18, 2012 10:10 AM

Mar 2010
They sure got their asses kicked.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 28, 2012 10:33 PM

Nov 2012
But.. Zoro can't die ._. NOOOOO!
Jul 17, 2013 5:05 PM

May 2013
Homolust said:
Kizaru is such a badass

^This, his cocky attitude makes you hate him and like him at the same time
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Jan 29, 2014 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
Zoroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! T___T
Now I hate Kizaru even more!
Sep 21, 2014 11:25 PM

Jan 2014
Kizaru always seems to get interrupted.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 29, 2014 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
Pull yourself together Zoro.

Jun 12, 2015 6:02 AM

Jun 2015
Damn man things are getting worse and worse
Sep 3, 2015 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
Instead of Cell Phones they have "Baby" Transponder Snails. Lol

Damn the Straw Hats are having a rough time. One badass after another attacking them. I'm guess either Luffy goes super crazy and unleashes some new power or somebody shows up and helps them. Idk though just my guess.

Either way this arc has been awesome so far, animated great and some sweet new characters.
Sep 30, 2015 2:16 PM
Feb 2015
Surprised nobody else has mentioned this but....Sentamaru, looks exactly like Luffy....just fatter!
Mar 31, 2016 2:22 PM

May 2013
Sentoumaru reminds me of that Chapapa Humpty Dumpy egghead character from the CP9 gang. Both have big mouths and spill everything even though they say they'll shut it :P
Jul 25, 2016 10:26 PM

Mar 2015
Aww shit hope Zoro's gonna be okay
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 29, 2016 3:20 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
sentoumaru is really strong Oo

Mar 14, 2017 1:26 PM

May 2014
Well that was quite literally an explosive episode.

When Luffy and Zoro suggest running away, you just do it. Period.

Zoro really can't catch a break lately though, can he?
I don't think getting the crap beaten out of him is doing anything for his pride...he just had to be the one to bump into Kizaru!

Sentomaru is quite something though! Not sure how these fights are gonna pan out at all. Worrisome indeed :O

On another note I laughed my ass off when Usopp landed with his arms slung around Zoro's neck XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2019 5:33 AM

Jun 2016
This tone setting is amazing. We get one of the most hopeless situations against Kuma in Thriller Bark then we come to the middle point of the sea, the place before entering the New World and we immediately see another of the most hopeless situations the Straw Hats have ever been in. Even Luffy one of the most straightforward, confident, and simple minded people ever fearfully ordered his crew to retreat. The man who approaches some of the mightiest on the sea yelling that he's going to punch them in the face... Do you remember the other most hopeless situation? It was the battle against Aokiji before Water 7. The admirals are nothing to mess with and they seem much stronger than the Warlords we've faced so far. Every time one is involved it's a mess. The way they got out of those two near death situations wasn't through being saved or pulling out on top. The first time was because Aokiji who rightfully killed Luffy and could had shattered him, gave him another chance as a thank you for taking down Crocodile. Kuma let Zoro go after being moved and testing his resolve for the crew. Maybe out of respect, perhaps he felt it was disgraceful like he said to take out such a strong group of people in their weakest state. Either way, both cases this hopeless were overcame through the opponents sympathy. I don't think that's a possibility here at all. And like Zoro said when he was facing Kuma, "If I start making excuses will someone come rescue us?". Back then Oda knew that I would assume someone would save them, and he had Zoro make fun of me with that line directly saying things aren't that lucky.

So how do they get out of this? If Rayleigh doesn't come save them and even I don't think he'd be able to take on all three of these foes, then perhaps one of the Straw Hats can be as Franky suggested to Sanji, a decoy. Maybe one will take it on themselves to cause a big enough commotion and hold back the three, willingly getting caught with faith the others will save them. But even then, Kizaru can move at the speed of light and teleport. Is that even possible? Perhaps this is a moment the Straw Hats will get caught and we'll get an escape from inside the navy prison arc this time...

This episode was truly remarkable in how hopeless it all felt.

As for the Pacifista's I have some thoughts on them. They are so interesting. They bleed and imo have shown pain but they don't have brains. Like the zombies all he would have to do is not open his mouth and shoot hand beams but he did anyways. Then he went berserk like a robot and died like a robot. Further, his vision indicates bounties almost as if those are his orders, he acts automatically when it comes to criminals. Yet, he still bleeds and shows pain like I had said. If Franky is right it's as if they used a real human to make them into a brainless war weapon, the price of a warship. At least the price of them indicates why they haven't been mass produced and seen all over the place. Lastly, their name is a play on Pacifist if Nami is right which seems incredibly ironic. Google defines the term as "a person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable", and it defines pacifista as "someone opposed to violence as a means of settling disputes". Perhaps it's an ironic way of saying after using absolute power to wipe out all of the evil in the world there won't be war or violence any longer.

The moment Usopp hung onto Zoro's back was adorable. I love those two. In a way I think it shows just how much faith he has in Zoro despite his injuries.

P.S. I can totally see the Pacifista's coming up as an end game army and having all the super strong Straw Hats take them out with somewhat ease. Or perhaps they will find an effective way to kill them like with the lightening and mouth shots and that won't even be necessary.
Aug 4, 2020 7:56 PM

May 2016
It wasn't an impossible feat after all but it took too much effort and energy from every single one of the Straw Hats to defeat just one of those Pacifistas.

It's nice to see Luffy know how to choose his battles for the sake of his crew's survival but escaping enemies these good would be a nigh-impossible feat. Facing off against another Kuma along with Sentoumaru and Kizaru's just something you can't get out of without receiving unimaginable losses...

Sep 15, 2020 6:33 AM

Dec 2007
they finally strike one kuma and then another kuma appeared? running away seems like a good choice.

things seems bad for the straw hat pirates, wonder how they will get out of this.

i actually hoped to see more action from brook...
Jan 17, 2021 3:55 AM
Oct 2019
Literally it took the whole straw hat crew to death just fighting a Schichibukai. Now, they are facing a schichibukai, the strongest Haki (defense) and an ADMIRAL!!
Let's see what may happen :)
May 27, 2021 4:42 AM

Jun 2019
Kizaru is a fuckin' beast. Poor Zoro... exhausted as hell.
Nov 1, 2021 7:51 PM
May 2021
Zoro will be fine!!! there are still over 500 episodes to go lol! I honestly am getting a little bored with One Piece because the character development has been lacking. Luffys gotten his second and third gears, zoro is slightly stronger, Sanji has not changed, Usopp is a little braver, Chopper is the same, Nami has her stick, Robin is the same, and Brook is new. Keep in mind that this is the 40o and third episode!! I was hopping they would have developed a little more.
Jul 25, 2022 6:23 PM
Sep 2017
so much action in this episode... Sabaody Archipelago is crushing it so far I mean damn. Law seems so cool
Aug 10, 2022 11:49 AM
May 2022
Zoro has it tough.
Aug 11, 2022 4:42 PM
Jun 2019
The fight was intersting, I wonder what will happen next
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 632 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AzurePisces - Feb 8, 2014

99 by GT1Studios »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Hottest Woman in One Piece?

kian_lad20 - Sep 22

34 by Twatin »»
1 hour ago

» One piece live action

OiJosuke_____ - Yesterday

20 by Loaf_dontcare »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 218 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Nov 17, 2009

40 by Titanfan93 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 596 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - May 18, 2013

59 by TheAquilaSamurai »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.