Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 15, 2023 6:09 PM

Sep 2021
Scary as ever. The Eiko rescue went by so fast, but it was actually 7 minutes. And the Graduate Battle was really cool. I like the Matyr a lot and hope he will find peace at some point. After helping Yayoi kill the Final Boss!

Speaking of Yayoi: She's just the best. I love how she got revenge for all the victims of the Tunnel Ghost. Kinda wish she had ripped of the doll's face there.

The most interesting character moving forward is Eiko. The preview says she's traumatized - but is she? Or is she actually enjoying it? And what will she do with Anna, who's even more messed up than Eiko herselfr? I really wanna see where this goes!
Oct 15, 2023 7:23 PM

Mar 2019
A ghost hanging a other ghost using a gut.

me:

Jonas-KOct 15, 2023 7:31 PM
Oct 15, 2023 7:45 PM

Jan 2017
Good episode. Although not being a perfect adaptation(pretty close though since it's 99% faithful to the source material) and not on the same level as the manga, the anime is being really nice and definitely better than what many fans initially thought due to how the industry usually don't make a good job with horror themed works. They did well with the battle between the Imprisoned Demon Sergeant Who Died For His Country(that for some reason is called Imprisoned Martyr in the anime... I'll blame Hidive's weak translation) against Bleached Head. Things only get better and better so we're in for a ride for the rest of the second cour. Really hoping that they announce a season 2 at the last episode or after it to surprise us all.
Oct 15, 2023 8:02 PM

Dec 2022
Isn't Imprisoned Martyr a little too op? Dude's got immortal body and broken ass abilities.
Oct 15, 2023 8:04 PM
Oct 2023
Reply to CrimsonTome
Good episode. Although not being a perfect adaptation(pretty close though since it's 99% faithful to the source material) and not on the same level as the manga, the anime is being really nice and definitely better than what many fans initially thought due to how the industry usually don't make a good job with horror themed works. They did well with the battle between the Imprisoned Demon Sergeant Who Died For His Country(that for some reason is called Imprisoned Martyr in the anime... I'll blame Hidive's weak translation) against Bleached Head. Things only get better and better so we're in for a ride for the rest of the second cour. Really hoping that they announce a season 2 at the last episode or after it to surprise us all.
@CrimsonTome Muse Asia's translation on Demon Sergeant's name was "Imprisoned Patriotic Death: Demon Sergeant" which is imo pretty close to the manga compare to HiDive's translation "Imprisoned Martyr". Overall I really prefer Muse Asia's translation than HiDive on this anime and I wish more people watched the anime with Muse Asia's subs but sadly their videos are region locked to SEA only and not a lot of people like using VPNs to bypass that.

Also I doubt they'll announce Season 2 so early after the anime ends since the anime is starting to catch up a bit and the battle against Ai's god just started in the manga iirc so it'll probably be a long while before they announce the next season but who knows really.
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 PM

Oct 2022
This episode was fking intense, the tunnel adventure was really hardcore. Can't wait for them catch some more OP spirits.
Oct 15, 2023 9:01 PM

Feb 2021
Why did Eiko regain her ability to walk only after Keitaro made all that effort to carry her????
Oct 15, 2023 9:06 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to MadanielFL
Why did Eiko regain her ability to walk only after Keitaro made all that effort to carry her????
@MadanielFL He carried her because they were in a life and death situation so she would not be able to run due to her injured foot, now walking slowly after the danger ended is a different matter.
Oct 15, 2023 9:10 PM

Nov 2022
lmao that axe murderer spirit was GOBSMACKED! Bet he was like who tf is this guy lol.

Yayoi waaaay too sinister man! I am like shocked a child could come with different levels of torture techniques, I feel sorry her enemies regardless of if they are spirit or human.
basskillerOct 15, 2023 9:24 PM
Oct 15, 2023 9:46 PM
Mar 2015
She is almost as cruel as the evil spirits
Oct 15, 2023 10:06 PM

Oct 2022
This episode wasn't much creepy but still the fight was good.
UndefeatedBahamut
Oct 15, 2023 10:33 PM

Dec 2022
I think that Anna girl should be taken to Yayoi's room. If she has a strong enough will, she'll survive. If not, then too bad. Or on the other hand, purify Anna and send her to a temple. Other than that, she has no place on the team.
Oct 15, 2023 10:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to Hiro_Ayuzawa
Damn, was that Yoshitsugu? Kirito's Voice Actor
@Hiro_Ayuzawa Yes!!! I couldn't tell last episode (probably because he didn't really talk?), but I definitely heard him this time, and when the credits started, I saw his name next to F Tunnel Ghost. He did a great job, and I'm surprised they got him for a ghost :') Although I guess that just means he will show up in the future to help out, since they also got MikiShin for the Martyr.
Oct 15, 2023 11:12 PM
Nov 2022
Thank goodness death isn't like that, right?, RIGHT?!!!

Lately I feel like the episodes are very good, I hope the anime continues this trend.
Oct 15, 2023 11:58 PM

Oct 2022
You absolutely don't mess with Yayoi. She took that insane spirit with her like it was a new Pokémon for her collection.

Oct 16, 2023 12:02 AM

Mar 2008
I feel like there needs to be a better explanation of how Yayoi can control the murderous intent of a ghost but only does so on that one.

Anna is such a shithead. I sort of empathize with her motive while also despising her mentality of dragging others down. I guess Eiko with her being shook she is having some Stockholm syndrome going.

Mr_Fudgee said:
Isn't Imprisoned Martyr a little too op? Dude's got immortal body and broken ass abilities.

A bit but I assume he can be killed in the third stage. He did say he was weakening himself. So anyone against him has to survive that much and overpower him unless i assume wrong.
Oct 16, 2023 6:09 AM

Apr 2015
This was the most 'horror' episode so far I think but for some reason was quite... boring at the same time
Oct 16, 2023 6:15 AM

Nov 2022
That fight scene between the 2 graduate level spirit was insane. So satisfying to watch and visually pleasing...
Oct 16, 2023 6:21 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to Lanz
This was the most 'horror' episode so far I think but for some reason was quite... boring at the same time
Weird impression but to each their own. It was pure fun to me.
CrimsonTomeOct 16, 2023 6:24 AM
Oct 16, 2023 6:22 AM

Jul 2017
Well, that's ghosts that both Yayoi and Keitaro were not expecting to see, though a game of tag, that's riskier than saving Eiko.

Sure, Eiko is finally saved out of the Old Old F Tunnel, but they're not out of danger yet as ghosts come and kill them mercilessly, and even worse, without spare dolls to help take damage. All they can do is to sprint to the opening gate, and as the ghost grabs Yayoi, she is saved by Eiko throwing the used doll to her. Once the ghost is out, Yayoi can finally use her Graduate against it: The Imprisoned Martyr.

How Yayoi caught it is that he's trapped within the confines of his past parrying in the war in a grave, and he's the perfect suited ghost to fend against the Old Old F Tunnel's ghost. More of prayer than a curse, the Imprisoned Martyr is not all fallable as its powers are still raging in distance from its weakness in immortality, passed onto other ghosts once the effect has been dealt. The ghost has been quelled, and he'd rather live as a spirit...that Yayoi tricked him into becoming their protector for the future. But Yayoi's not done gathering spirits from the tunnel and sorting them out into good and bad spirits, they're also for good measure.

As for Anna, she had to disguise herself in Eiko's spirit after killing her once, and Yayoi at least lets her handle that herself. With that, the S-Rank in F Tunnel, conquered.

What fearsome spirits, that this is not even a blimp of what's considered frightening yet.
Oct 16, 2023 6:25 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to LuisSV23
Thank goodness death isn't like that, right?, RIGHT?!!!

Lately I feel like the episodes are very good, I hope the anime continues this trend.
@LuisSV23 From the moment Ai's plotline is introduced, the series only goes uphill, never downhill.
Oct 16, 2023 6:26 AM

Apr 2015
Reply to CrimsonTome
Weird impression but to each their own. It was pure fun to me.
@CrimsonTome Maybe it was just me being sleepy while watching this and not the other way around lol
Oct 16, 2023 6:31 AM
Oct 2023
15MerrBe said:
How tf does this show not have AT LEAST an 8!?

Dumbass people, this show in terms of horror is great and the story is entertaining, I tried the manga and is excellent aswell
Oct 16, 2023 6:41 AM

Oct 2022
I feel really afraid of Keitaro, first having his throat sliced open now the dehydration. At this rate keitaro might actually die before the anime is finished.
Oct 16, 2023 6:53 AM

Oct 2017
This got even creepier and they had some real close calls. This soldier graduate is opaf. Yayoi continues to impress with her methods of handling spirits lol.
Oct 16, 2023 7:01 AM

Dec 2022
Knowing Eiko she probably will do something so messed up to Anna's spirit that even Yayoi-chan would avert her gaze.
Oct 16, 2023 7:11 AM
Sep 2023
It was fucking gruesome, but an amazing episode. This title just keeps getting better and better, as like a good quality wine
Oct 16, 2023 7:39 AM

Oct 2022
Imprisoned Martyr easily top 3 graduates in Yayoi's possession so far. If not, then I need to know immediately what other three graduates top him.

Oct 16, 2023 7:40 AM

Jun 2021
Okay finally they're done with the Old F Tunnel. That was a good battle with the graduate spirit soldier.
Oct 16, 2023 7:58 AM
Jan 2022
Shiyodoge said:
@15MerrBe

It not being on crunchy roll hurt its chances by a big margin. There’s also the people who just doesn’t like horror or believe that anime can make a decent horror show. Also, slow start.

I like Eiko doubting that she didn’t do much at all, but saving Yayoi’s life and Keitarou’s life at a crucial moment during the chase did help them out of a sticky situation even if she was the main reason they got into it. The three working in a team can accomplish things. I definitely believe that if it was just Keitarou and Yayoi, it would have been a bad end due to how strong and intelligent the axe murderer is. The quicker they catch the ghosts, the quicker they can go home right? Alls well that ends well besides Keitarou extremely malnourished due to getting caught in just a tiny bit of the third prayer of the demon seargeant. Looking forward to next episode. The back story is wild.

Yeah really good point about the crunchy roll thing. shame it isn't getting the recognition it deserves :(

Dec 2022
F tunnel ghost with the AXE was the strongest of all the ghost that happened...and will Keitaro go back to normal or he will look like this lol.

Jan 2022
notindien said:
15MerrBe said:
How tf does this show not have AT LEAST an 8!?

Dumbass people, this show in terms of horror is great and the story is entertaining, I tried the manga and is excellent aswell

literally!! really hope the ratings get better
Oct 16, 2023 8:19 AM

Oct 2022
Poor Anna. Little did she know, her true suffering is about to begin. Lol
Oct 16, 2023 8:26 AM
Jul 2021
BlichoBoy said:
This episode gone full Pokemon battle. Yayoi throwing the Martyr like a pokeball, Martyr had a special ability that affect the battle field, have a attack that harm the user and raise their attack, Yayoi say the phase after catching it.

Sugimoto the Immortal WWII version.

I thought about Sugimoto too. Also this show going to be dark pokemon going forward.
Oct 16, 2023 8:45 AM

Dec 2022
That felt like the most dangerous spirit yet.
Oct 16, 2023 11:40 AM
Sep 2022
Gruesome, horrible, but excellent. This title only keeps getting better and better, I'm so glad 🔥
Oct 16, 2023 12:29 PM

Jun 2016
this is just battle between summoner = pokemon LOL

not scary overall ..

the reason i keep watch because eiko and the loli purple hair...
Oct 16, 2023 12:47 PM

Jan 2017
Reply to NirvashX1
this is just battle between summoner = pokemon LOL

not scary overall ..

the reason i keep watch because eiko and the loli purple hair...
@NirvashX1 No anime is scary tho. Dark Gathering, besides the characters, has an interesting story and really cool ghost system, and although I also don't find it scary, it does manage to be creepy, even more so in the manga, the art is just *chef's Kiss*
Oct 16, 2023 7:57 PM

Feb 2021
The graduate one that wants to die because He's so strong and like immortal is really OP :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 16, 2023 11:19 PM

May 2019
Another great episode and graduate vs. graduate level fight. With two s-rank haunted areas conquered I wonder what's next but before that I believe Keitaro needs to be cured from that dehydration (or whatever it is) curse that he got by being inside of the boundary w/ that imprisoned martyr graduate's ability.

Btw, it looks like Eiko actually got traumatized so I wonder if she'll be more careful of what she wishes for. Lastly, I completely forgot about Ai and it looks like she's returning based on the preview.
Oct 17, 2023 4:52 AM

Jan 2017
Scary and creepy as always, but I love it!
Oct 17, 2023 4:58 AM

Mar 2014
I cant be wrong because im pretty sure that martyr was fujimi no sugimoto
Oct 17, 2023 5:49 AM
Jan 2023
traed said:
I feel like there needs to be a better explanation of how Yayoi can control the murderous intent of a ghost but only does so on that one.

Anna is such a shithead. I sort of empathize with her motive while also despising her mentality of dragging others down. I guess Eiko with her being shook she is having some Stockholm syndrome going.

Mr_Fudgee said:

A bit but I assume he can be killed in the third stage. He did say he was weakening himself. So anyone against him has to survive that much and overpower him unless i assume wrong.

When a spirit possesses something, they feel whatever the thing they're possessing feels. In this case, the Old Old F Tunnel spirit possessed a doll that had nails driven in. This means that the spirit felt those nails and was in pain. Yayoi drove a nail to the doll's head, and the spirit felt that nail being driven into its head. It lost its desires because of the pain it felt.
Oct 17, 2023 5:56 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to InNeedOfAName
traed said:

Mr_Fudgee said:

When a spirit possesses something, they feel whatever the thing they're possessing feels. In this case, the Old Old F Tunnel spirit possessed a doll that had nails driven in. This means that the spirit felt those nails and was in pain. Yayoi drove a nail to the doll's head, and the spirit felt that nail being driven into its head. It lost its desires because of the pain it felt.
@InNeedOfAName
How I interpreted it wasnt pain it was only the nail she drove into the head which is suggesting a nail through the brain implying she lobotomized it. I was basically saying it kind of needs better explained why she could do that with this one but not the others that might also be difficult to control.
Oct 17, 2023 1:33 PM
Jan 2023
Another good episode, there were some close calls here, but they all escaped death with a bit of teamwork. At the rate Keitarou will end up dead by the end of the season. Now that we're in spooky month, it really is great to watch a horror, it just feels right.
Oct 18, 2023 4:59 AM
Oct 2019
Kohta Yamamoto music when Martyr appear was FIRE!!

Damn, Yoshitsugu never failed to amazed me with his INSANE range.

also Shinichiro as Imprisoned Martyr?
Perfect casting.

Dark Gathering just keep getting better and better.
Oct 18, 2023 5:40 AM

Sep 2015
Reply to BlichoBoy
This episode gone full Pokemon battle. Yayoi throwing the Martyr like a pokeball, Martyr had a special ability that affect the battle field, have a attack that harm the user and raise their attack, Yayoi say the phase after catching it.

Sugimoto the Immortal WWII version.
@BlichoBoy Yes!! He really reminded me of Sugimoto
Oct 18, 2023 5:46 AM

Aug 2013
Big sad for the soldier.

Eiko seems to be very dangerous. Not only does she give backstabbing vibes, but also stockholm-esque behaviour. Feel like she might prove to be lethal or close to it to the team someday.
Oct 18, 2023 5:48 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to MadanielFL
@MadanielFL asking the real questions.
Oct 18, 2023 9:45 PM
May 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this episode, definitely the most sinister of the spirits so far. So I guess after they visit all the major s-class and higher spots, they'll challenge the god, and after acquiring him, they will either go after the specter or challenge that other one that they had to run from previously.

I wonder how close this is to the manga? Pacing wise this feels like it can be in the middle of the story

4.5/5
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

109 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

67 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:40 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

95 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

64 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:34 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

77 by bushman66 »»
Jun 6, 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.