Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 14, 2022 10:23 AM

Sep 2010
good anime... hope they will continue the series...

7/10
Dec 14, 2022 10:41 AM

Dec 2016
I had very low expectations for this title given that the name was pretty similar to the slime isekai (which it serves as a textbook on how to not do a fantasy title filled with yes men and nauseating infodumping episodes) and also the first episode had a plethora of infodumping and skill alocation that reminded me of the spider isekai (another title I avoid like the plague).

I'm glad I endured it to episode 3 where most of my concerns were vanished and gave me the picture of a show massively carried by a deadpan and endearingly funny catgirl and her teacher sidekick.

This is one of the very few isekai with OP protagos that I do definitely hope for a second season anytime soon.
Dec 14, 2022 10:57 AM
Feb 2018
Oh, ffs. What is this plot twist - flashback in the end of the season?

Mar 2010
I love frans new armor, and dam the belly button and red furr.. I want to pet her.. FUCK why can't this be 100 Episodes? I lowkey pogged when they just starting air jumping lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 2020
Nice show not overwhelming could do without the fan service, Amanda would be a better character without it.
Overall rushed but glad for a second season. 6/10
Dec 14, 2022 11:12 AM
Nov 2021
FLOATING ISLAND TEASER! FLOATING ISLAND TEASER!

A bit on the agressive side as far as teasers go

Goobdye
Dec 14, 2022 11:39 AM
Feb 2019
hmm was this a 6 or a 7 / 10? overall I’m glad I watched, this season peaked when Fran 1v1’d the guy and Amanda
Dec 14, 2022 11:49 AM

Aug 2019
The last episode of the season is very rushed. They condensed 2 whole episodes of content into one. This season should've been 13 episodes, not 12.

Some of the content they've cut:

- The bags they put the crystals into is also a dimensional pocket with huge capacity.
- On the way back to the city they sparred with Amanda, but couldn't even touch her even with the help of Urushi.
- The city guards had to be convinced to let Urushi inside the city because he looked like a monster. After shrinking down his size and hiding in Frans's shadow, and getting a familiar ID they've let him in. Later the blacksmith made a collar for Urushi to hold his ID.
- They've cut a ton of political and world building stuff about the neighboring countries. Also the guild master's explanation why the permit for the Ulmut dungeon is needed. When they go to another town they have to prove their strength again before gaining access to dungeons. A permit from him circumvents this.
- The spider's dungeon regularly produces magic minerals and the neighbors want it for themselves. The fat noble (Auguste Alsand) was working for another country(Leidus) in secret to obtain it.

- Amanda gets drunk and wants to leave the city and go adventuring with Fran. But she can't leave because her contract with the guild forces her not to go outside of Alessa. She's the main reason other countries don't try to take over Alessa with military force.
- Clad's party failed their promotion exam, because they didn't work as a team and were a hindrance to everyone.
- Fran's new armor costs a fortune to repair because of its high quality and rarity. But luckily Gallus put a self-repair function into it so it repairs itself in a few days.

- After traveling on Urushi they need to take a break because he runs out of mana. While eating curry they notice the floating island and Master figures out how to combine his skills to make himself a hoverboard. It's a combination of 3 skills.
- The anime rushed over the aerial fight against the Legendary Skeleton Dark Knight with the instant death sword, but actually it should be 2 minutes long. In short, they can't damage it, run out of mana and almost die from falling to the ground.

Season 2 spoilers for those who want to know what happens next:

I can't believe they've cut this scene:

Dec 14, 2022 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Drippy Fran.

I enjoyed this show a whole lot and it thankfully didn't focus on the aspects that make other isekai not so appealing.

7/10 waiting for S2 confirmation

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 14, 2022 12:07 PM

Dec 2013
Hidden gem of the season, I had no expectations and was ready to drop at any moment but it was a pleasant surprise, I enjoyed the show more and more after every episode and man, I won't lie, that Mamanda bit got me all teary eyed, the tease through all the episode and then the confirmation it was Fran's parents and it came full circle for Amanda, lovely.

Really hope we get that season 2 confirmation.

Fran is the best.
Dec 14, 2022 12:41 PM
Nov 2021
Yaggamy said:

- After traveling on Urushi they need to take a break because he runs out of mana. While eating curry they notice the floating island and Master figures out how to combine his skills to make himself a hoverboard. It's a combination of 3 skills.
- The anime rushed over the aerial fight against the Legendary Skeleton Dark Knight with the instant death sword, but actually it should be 2 minutes long. In short, they can't damage it, run out of mana and almost die from falling to the ground.

Personnally, i think they'll re-do that part entirely at the start of the first episode of a potential S2, so i'm not too worried. Happy we got a real look at Jean, and got to hear him a bit.
Dec 14, 2022 1:57 PM

Aug 2019
Awesome anime overall, super cute ending.

Dec 14, 2022 2:00 PM
Jul 2017
Very wholesome, looking forwards to a potential season 2
Dec 14, 2022 2:01 PM

Jan 2012
Clearing out the spiders and learning of Fran's origins to end the season. At least...I THINK those were her origins, I was honestly left kinda confused by the details. It was an interesting reveal anyway.

I decided to watch this for the novelty of the reincarnation genre being turned on its head with the whole "I'm a sword" business, but honestly it really didn't end up feeling all that different to many of the other series in the genre to me. Less fanservice I guess, but otherwise...not too much. All the talk about skills, skills and more skills grew increasingly tedious. I by no means hated the series, but found it to be very average. It was pretty forgettable. The only reason I won't say I'll forget I even watched this in say...6 months to a year...is because it's getting a second season, which surprised me. Guess people liked this more than I did. But I'll probably check that out. I thought I was gonna give this a 6/10, but I see my tentative score, which I give all series I'm watching after I finish at least 5 episodes, was a 7. So I guess I liked this more at the start. So the question becomes do I feel like knocking it down that point? Ehhhhh, I guess not. This probably is closer to a 6 in my mind, but I'll be kind and give it a generous 7/10. Amanda grew on me afterall and I did enjoy some of the later developments like the wolf summoning from last episode.
Dec 14, 2022 2:06 PM

Jun 2016
I really loved this series, probably this is my anime of the year, I'm very happy they confirmed the season 2, I hope they will cover the entire story.
Time to start reading the Light Novel.
It was a really emotional surprise to know that Amanda was the tutor of Fran's parents, hope she will tell Fran about this in the future.
Ai Kakuma deserves a special mention as the seiyuu of Fran, she has done a great work and has once again confirmed that she is a great VA.
Dec 14, 2022 2:19 PM

May 2021
It was such a fun slice of life isekai with good action scenes. Hope they will release a second season, so we know that's the deal with that weird necro guy that can be probably beaten by Fran in 2 seconds.
Dec 14, 2022 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
I loved the music that played when Fran was saying goodbye to everyone from Alessa and Fran's parents were revealed! They saved some of the best OSTs in the series for last.

I enjoyed Reincarnated as a Sword. This show may not be super original, but it was a fun watch. I found myself getting attached to Fran and Shishou by the end of the show and I'm excited for more. However, the quality of the animation wasn't always the best, so I'd give it about a 7/10.
Dec 14, 2022 2:49 PM

Oct 2020
Amanda is the who raised Fran's parents, I'm suprised.
Dec 14, 2022 2:58 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This was okay, but you can tell that this episode was rushed because the series need to wrap things up before getting the actual story. The first and last episodes were the only ones I liked as I didn't really care about the skills that Fran and Teacher shared because there were too many of them(I looked them up on the wiki, its quite a lot) nor did I care for the so called JRPG mechanics which is a pet peeve of mine when it comes to isekais. What we got was Fran and Teacher going on random adventures clearing one dungeon after another with ease with little to no stakes involved which gets boring after a while. It just felt like a typical isekai series until we got towards the end. The comedy was hit and miss as usual and I didn't find it funny as the comedic timing was a little off. Amanda and Gallus were the only interesting side characters as the rest of them are forgettable and treated as NPCs when the plot needs them to explain something to you. One of the few positives is that it had a kick ass soundtrack during action scenes.

Overall its not a bad series, its just that it has some obvious troupe elements that make it look like a typical slice of life isekai series with the only difference being a cute/deadpan catgirl as one of the main protagonists and no harem which is a plus. There's some good stuff in here it just hasn't been fleshed out enough hopefully in Season 2 as I'm still not sold on reading the manga just yet. Hopefully this series doesn't make the same mistake as Tensura by making Fran and Teacher too strong for no apparent reason to a point where they don't have any stronger opponents to fight.

I give this slightly above average isekai series a 6/10.
AddaeAkonoDec 14, 2022 3:28 PM
Dec 14, 2022 3:03 PM
Apr 2022
Adorei, estou ansioso para a segunda temporada.
Dec 14, 2022 3:33 PM

Jan 2021
Good episode, the dungeon is cleared, Fran called Amanda Momanda. We get more backstory on Fran's parents. When there's a season 2 I will definitely watch it. It's a straight up comfort anime, not to much thinking, just enjoy the show.

Dang Fran and Teacher were going to Sky Island and some necromancer cuts them down, seriously uncool.
Dec 14, 2022 3:37 PM
Apr 2015
wonderful and wholesome ending to the season, almost brought a tear to my eye seeing everyone so supportive of fran! she absolutely deserves it!
Dec 14, 2022 4:03 PM

Sep 2018
Fun show with a very likeable main duo, would watch a second season for sure. 8/10.
Dec 14, 2022 4:06 PM

Jun 2015
Kind of already knew it would be a bit of a wind down event, but still some nice fights at the start with the somber ending. Even if it takes two or three years like some of the shows on the next couple of schedule slates I'd like to see a 2nd! Fran and teacher must not be forgot!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 14, 2022 4:06 PM
Oct 2022
No me esperaba que Amanda conociera a los padres de fran, esa parte me hizo llorar
Dec 14, 2022 5:18 PM
Jun 2022
NO AGUARDO PELA 2ª TEMPORADA DE TENSEI SHITARA KEN!
Dec 14, 2022 5:24 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ok, so the series ended up being better than I expected initially.

From the first episode and its title, the "generic isekai" vibes were certainly present. I didn't feel anything coming from the mc, his lines were not great and the idea itself reeked of "bottom of the barrel". However, with the introduction of Fran a clear shift was set towards her and her charming personality with a genuine goal in mind instead of just faffing around. She was the best character in the series thus far and it shows from her interactions to her desire to evolve.

Presentation wise there's really not much to go on about since it doesn't escape mostly the bland animation these kind of shows usually have. That is not to say that it never does though, some of the fights did leave me going back and watching them again considering their choreography and animated effects. I particularly enjoyed the mock battle in this regard.

On the sound department, the voices fit the characters good enough and the music tracks didn't feel forgettable. Both opening and ending songs were catchy and go with their respective aims and the battle music I was able to separate from the rest more than once. Not much to say about the remaining tracks.

In sum, an isekai that at least tries to get out of the over saturated market and has some points going for it. Nonetheless, for an outsider or someone who has had enough of them, I doubt this will change their opinion.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 14, 2022 5:53 PM
Aug 2021
So here it is, the last episode arrived. I remember when I first saw the art for this anime I thought that it was just a generic and plain Isekai with overpowered MC, but the attention to Master's and Fran's relation and the maduration of Fran throughout the episodes got me excited for a second season, I'll be waiting for it.
Dec 14, 2022 7:11 PM

Feb 2016
This anime reminds me of BOFURI on how damn mid it is, not bad, but boring, I'm ok (sometimes) with OP protagonist (like Rimuru from TenSura, a great isekai that really should do a crossover with this one, a Slime and Sword duo could be fun), because most of the times the side characters are great, but here are no side characters, no one did anything, Amanda was mostly annoying, and the damn sword, he IS the true protagonist here and I hate him, dude can't stfu for 5 seconds lmao.
Anyways, I only watched this because Fran is cute af, but in the end she is just another mid insolent & OP brat.

5/10 score for this series, I would still watch a 2nd season, they did drop the TO BE CONTINUED after all...

PD: I liked Fran's white armor way more, it was really cute, she looks weird with the new one.

PD2: before someone gets mad at my comment, I say "mid" not as an insult, I don't really know what other word to use to express this, english is not my main language.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Dec 14, 2022 7:17 PM
Nov 2017
Just 12 episodes, why ? :/
Dec 14, 2022 7:39 PM

Mar 2007
Sword daddy and kitty kid are like lone wolf and cub. Very violent yet cute and wholesome. I almost teared up at Momanda!

Decent art, lots of food, RPG, good dungeon crawls, and my favorite OP Shadow Wolf with Shadow Walk.

Will be happy to watch S2.
Dec 14, 2022 7:43 PM

Apr 2015
It was fun overall. The selling points is definitely the interaction between the main duo.

I liked the Amanda/Mommy twist about she raised Fran's parents. That was really interesting.

7.5/10. I wouldn't mind a new season, i hope it happens.
Dec 14, 2022 8:00 PM
Jul 2021
Serafos said:
Nice and satisfying finale.

Fran looked so cute in her new armor. :)

"Bye, Mamanda." Aww, that was so heartwarming. <3

I definitely didn't expect that cliffhanger.

Overall, this was a great show. Easily one of my favorites of the season.

I'll sure miss Fran and Shishou. I can't wait to see more of their adventures in the future.

Let us hope for second season
Dec 14, 2022 8:07 PM
Oct 2016
phantomfandom said:
I like how they take several minutes explain why Fran's new armor is revealing her belly.

I don't think Fran's parent aka Amanda's adopted children passed away, let's see how this roll out. But I expect a big surprise...

The cliffhanger is overdone. Are they so sure that there's gonna be the next season? In this economy?

I wouldn't hold my breath for Frans parents to show up alive, but that isn't to say it couldn't happen in the future.
Dec 14, 2022 8:44 PM
Nov 2022
It kept me interested and eager to see what comes later.
Dec 14, 2022 10:52 PM
Mar 2021
Mamanda Bye-bye~ 😭

and that season 2 with the necromancer. I really look into it!
Dec 14, 2022 11:21 PM

May 2015
A nice place to end off the first season of reincarnated as a sword! Amanda one shotting the trickster spider and ruining Frans revenge and Teachers crystal eating was pretty funny. Nice to see why Amanda was so quick to latch onto Fran with the backstory of her parents being in her orphanage. Great episode, excited to see the new people Fran and Teacher will meet from that post credits scene!
Dec 15, 2022 2:45 AM

May 2016
It was beautiful while it lasted, a pleasure to watch it with you, I will always remember Fran's adventures and wait for her second season (although C2C has often disappointed me in sequels)
Great opening, ending and very interesting the evolution of Fran as a character and adventurer, the charisma of the sword, the characters that were getting involved like the Blacksmith and Amanda (and with the flashback that had to be there), the soundtrack and his style, everything it was great. Simply beautiful
Dec 15, 2022 3:06 AM
Sep 2021
Nothing special, felt a lot boring for the finale of the season.
I give it 4/10.
Dec 15, 2022 5:00 AM

Aug 2014
DAMNN, now we have to wait for season 2. Oh well. I hope they realease it fast!
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Dec 15, 2022 6:18 AM

Jun 2016
saddd with episode 12 aired , now this end for the show !!
Dec 15, 2022 7:15 AM
Dec 2021
AnimeSrk said:
Nothing special, felt a lot boring for the finale of the season.
I give it 4/10.

now go make your scale better

https://www.cbr.com/worst-anime-ever-ranked-myanimelist/

reincarnated as sword is not not anime 4/10
Dec 15, 2022 7:24 AM

Aug 2018
This turned out being a very good series. looking forward to the second season.
Dec 15, 2022 7:35 AM

Dec 2018
i thought this was going to be stupid but it was surprisingly wonderful. i really really really need more of it and can't wait for season 2. although i wish it was longer than 12 episodes.
Dec 15, 2022 9:15 AM

Dec 2008
Overall quite an enjoyable show and of course Fran is awesome. Look forward to a second season. Somebody get some catnip for Fran!
May the Uguu be with you.

Dec 15, 2022 10:05 AM
Apr 2016
It was a good serie but Fran is becoming overpowered way too quickly, and there is no real antagonist. A second season would need higher stakes to keep my interest
Dec 15, 2022 10:40 AM

Apr 2014
I started watching it randomly and it soon became one of my favorite series from the season. It was really enjoyable.
Anxious for the season 2!
Dec 15, 2022 11:42 AM
Mar 2015
so Fran is the daughter of the couple Amanda helped but did not train to fight
Dec 15, 2022 12:45 PM
Jun 2021
Way better than many isekais we see these days, probably my favourite Isekai OTY
Easily 8/10 for me

Going to wait for the S2
Dec 15, 2022 1:00 PM

Nov 2013
Overall this was "better than expected" experience. Certainly would watch season 2 if that ever happens.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

374 by PrimeX »»
Yesterday, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2022

83 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

99 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Ken deshita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 17, 9:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.