Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 20, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2013
When I saw some legs moving towards Honoka and the others I was like no.. couldn't be...
Actually turned out to be true. A member from A-Rise meets with Honoka :o
:o The girls at A-Rise haven't been watching and supporting μ's. Cool.
Love the respect they have for the members and especially Honoka :D
Ooh dayum, A-Rise and μ rivalry :D
Loved A-Rise's song and μ's song.
I want more of that. And a bit of rivalry!
Apr 20, 2014 9:05 PM
Sep 2012
Did anyone happen to notice the preview?
Apr 20, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2011
Amazing epd. I got to say I loved A-Rise's song way more than U's. Although U's song wasnt bad at all.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Apr 20, 2014 10:21 PM
Mar 2011
Valerant said:

Yes and it worries me. But I love the development with A-Rise! By A-Rise having them preform with them at UTX sends a strong message to all the other Love Live competitors that A-Rise sees μ as worthy opponents. I can't imagine them doing the same to a group they don't respect as rivals.
Apr 20, 2014 10:22 PM

Nov 2010
Valerant said:

Yup... Not sure who it is though.

Honoka's handwriting is sort of rough-ish and not that neat... I doubt she would give up on doing both aikatsu and student council work. I also don't think Umi would quit either of her clubs... She's practically a warrior at heart, so her stubborn determination towards work rivals Honoka once she has committed herself to a job.
Apr 20, 2014 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
I love both performances.

Getting to see two at once, what a treat :D

A-Rise giving out compliments to the whole group and then at Nico...haha xD
Apr 20, 2014 10:44 PM

Jul 2013
Oh S*it it's A-rise, I don't know why I'm fanboying but hey its them in person XD.

A-rise are really prestigious, makes me like them even more. Both of their songs were spot on, excellent singing and choreograph. They are going to have a great friendly rival competition.

Apr 21, 2014 12:26 AM

Apr 2013
2 songs in one episode?? 5/5!

and where can I get one Umi hug doll?
http://i.imgur.com/sUou2WK.jpg
Apr 21, 2014 12:41 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode :D

Loved how much A-RISE respects μ's ^^ Usually in this type of series u'd find the rivals being asses but they're really great rivals :)

Niko being a cute devil was lol XD

Honoka's charisma is truly astounding hehe. After seeing that performance from A-RISE, she immediately managed to make them hyped again ^^

Gotta admit though, personally I liked A-RISE's performance more. This idol group is really good. They're songs are epic :D

Not that I didn't like μ's performance. It was really beautiful :D And Tsubasa's reaction to how good they were is proof to that ^^

I wonder how high they went in the rankings though? They showed the points raising up but they didn't show us the final rank. And they didn't really show us the other people's reactions other than their school friends.

Well I guess that was their cliffhanger XD
Apr 21, 2014 12:42 AM

Jan 2011
Keep forgetting no one has any Malice in this show not how i pictured them meeting A-RISE nonetheless it was great

A-RISE is to good for CG :P
Apr 21, 2014 2:15 AM

Sep 2012
ANIME OF THE FUCKING YEAR

Seriously, what a blast. This episode exceeded my expectations.
We finally get to meet A-Rise, and their 'Shocking Party' song is fucking fabulous. Man, their performance, voices and song is just too good.
Can't wait til hear the full version!
Then we get μ's new song, and while it's no Start:Dash, it's still great. A great performance from them.

Can't wait to see what else this season has in store for us!
Apr 21, 2014 4:21 AM

Jun 2013
Hehe, I was very surprised when Tsubasa kidnapped Honoka ^ ^ I love both performances:):) This new song A-RISE was great! Loved A-Rise's song and μ's song. This episode was awesome.. I can't wait next!!
Apr 21, 2014 4:40 AM

Aug 2013
I still think μ's is better, both performance-wise, and lyrically-speaking. There's more interesting lyrics as compared to A-RISE and their dancing song.

Honoka is #1. Woots
Apr 21, 2014 5:19 AM

Feb 2014
I loled on the part when every member of μ's were receiving compliment from A-RISE except for Nico who only got a "thank you" for sending them flowers.

The rivalry between μ's and A-RISE is on! Both performance was good, I think A-RISE is way more better. But still, μ's was great on this episode.

so different μ's member will hold the feather at the end. Last week Honoka was holding the feather, now it was Umi.
Apr 21, 2014 6:11 AM

Feb 2014
Absolutely love the respect between the two groups this episode, and getting songs from both of them literally is the icing on the cake for this episode from me.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the songs for this season...
Apr 21, 2014 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
paganpoor said:

How she knew muse? Like anyone else that watched their videos online. For example, last episode of the first season.

Oh yeah. I forgot that they've watch muse's performance last season. Heh

kuroikishi said:

Tsubasa dragged Honoka cause A-Rise has been keeping track of Muse and saw them as rivals in the last Love Live. Also because their number of members were impressive enough to keep them on watch.

Okay thanks.

I've finally watch the englisb sub. I understand each of the compliment A-RISE has given each of them. Nico is funny.

I have to wonder. How popular are muse now? They can freely walk but no one seems to look or approach them. The only fan who approach was Maki's fan.

And seeing A-RISE much closer now, I can already say that Tsubasa is really cute. I like her already.
Apr 21, 2014 8:25 AM

Jun 2013
Fell in love in Tsubasa. Hmm but Honoka is number 1 for me ^ ^ μ's probably little has fans.
Apr 21, 2014 8:58 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I thought Tsubasa would be arrogant and all but she's actually pretty nice. A-RISE's academy is off the scale of amazing. I'd sure love to attend that academy.

The performance by A-RISE was certainly very good. Still to me Muse will come out on top. Tsubasa was kind to let Honoka and the the group have a live at their academy as well.That just shows how much they respect muse and how much they want muse to give their all.

LOL at Nico, the cute devil.

Eri-chi and Umi have a weak spot for dressing sexy lol

Tsubasa's expression at the end of Muse's performances left her speechless. However, afterward she smiled because she knew Muse is going to give them a challenge they will cherish.

Apr 21, 2014 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
Does anyone know the songs played in this episode?
Apr 21, 2014 10:03 AM

Apr 2011
Mikenzb said:
Does anyone know the songs played in this episode?

"Shocking Party" by A-RISE and "Door of Dreams" by μ's
MagitoApr 21, 2014 10:20 AM
Apr 21, 2014 10:46 AM

Jun 2011
Magito said:

That being said, does anyone think Erina's voice acting is really stiff...?

Yup, that caught my attention as well. I guess Matsunaga Maho isnt used to voicing deep voice characters. It felt stiff and forced to me. Nonetheless her singing is awesome.

A-RISE's new song and dance was so amazing, really showed us why they are the top school idols. Now i cant wait even more for the ost to release so i can listen to their full song or maybe they will finally have their single. I really like A-RISE's song but comparing them to u's sing this episode seems unfair as the songs are pretty much different genre.
ArcanaTraceApr 21, 2014 10:55 AM
Apr 21, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2013
Oh my god, this episode was really very impressive. And that's one of the reasons why I love Love Live School Idol Project. There's always something what surprises me and makes me staring like a stone. A-RISE was really great, although I didn't like this kind of bilingual singing with the "Nonstop, dancing".
Apr 21, 2014 12:09 PM

Jul 2012
Honoka~! x3 Still my most favorite idol in Love Live! x3

Anyways, really intense episode! I thought, for a moment, A-RISE was going to say something intimidating to Muse's, but, it all turned out well. :3
A performance by A-RISE and Muse's? Really nice episode! x3
Apr 21, 2014 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
Amarrez said:
VERY SHOCKING VERY/10

wow
Apr 21, 2014 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
That next episdoe preview is worrying thought.

Who is resigning? And where are they resigning from?
Apr 21, 2014 7:19 PM

Aug 2013
A-Rise meeting μ's, damn. It is getting intense up in here.

Lol @ the compliments A-Rise gave to each μ's member. At first, they were pretty legit, but then the producers started bullshitting the rest of the way LOLLL
Apr 22, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2011
Did anyone else notice the brief change/error in Honoka's outfit in the beginning of the episode? xD
Apr 22, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2007
「Shocking Party」is stuck in my head again, lol.

「Dancing, dancing, don't stop my dancing♪」(x3)
「Dancing, dancing, let me do♪」
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Apr 22, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
Love both of the songs! Challenge is on!
I would love to hear Muse singing with A-RISE's style though
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
Apr 22, 2014 1:25 PM
Jan 2013
Awesome episode!
Anyone know what's the name of ending song in this episode?
Apr 22, 2014 1:49 PM

Dec 2012
GonenK said:
Awesome episode!

The ED is named どんなときもずっと
Apr 22, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2008
holy fuckin wow.

This episode was absolutely awesome. u's finally meets with A-RISE. I'll be honest; I thought they were gonna be douches. I thought they were gonna try and steal members and shit. And when the leader proposed that u's use their own school as their stage, I thought it was gonna be some kinda trap. But that was far from the case. I'm glad to see that they're very friendly with their competition; they seem like cool gurls. I lol'd when Tsubasa complimented Nico as the "little devil" of the group and her reaction to it. Hopefully, I'm not speaking too soon.

And let's not the not one but two...TWO new songs and performances we were blessed with this week. A-RISE's performance was motherfuckin edgy as fuck and well-animated. u's performance was something we all expected it to be, which was amazing. I can't stop saying how well the 3D and the 2D sequences are blended together. Love Live has come a long way as a franchise.

Also, it looks like there will be different characters holding the white feather in the ED. Honoka was holding it last episode, and now it's Umi. Just a little observation.

and with thatt preview tho:

Apr 23, 2014 10:20 AM
Apr 2014
A-RISE are so cool, but i love Honoka and the other girls, 'cause they love what they do and don't want to loose against the other!!! that's a dimostration of ' if you believe in what you do, you can catch the goal'!!
Apr 23, 2014 11:28 AM
Jan 2013
ThangLong said:
GonenK said:
Awesome episode!

The ED is named どんなときもずっと

Thanks a lot :)
Apr 25, 2014 9:35 AM

Aug 2008
A very good episode. A-Rise is quite likable. Didn't expect u's to meet A-Rise. I jump of joy when it happen. Love the rivalry between μ's and A-Rise.

Magito said:
That next episdoe preview is worrying thought.

Who is resigning? And where are they resigning from?

Really hope that's not the case because it will be like last season Kotori all over again.
ZapredonApr 25, 2014 9:39 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Apr 25, 2014 1:29 PM

Feb 2011
Haha , awesome episode.

A-Rise's performance was animated way better , guess it's easier to animate a 3 idols concert than a 9 idols one
Apr 25, 2014 9:06 PM

Feb 2013
MUCH better than the previous episode. Partly for the TWO performances.

Yea! New A-RISE song!
Apr 26, 2014 2:32 PM

Jul 2008
I don't care for the style of A-RISE's songs. They always sound so busy and they kind of turn into gibberish with all the English they throw in. The tone of muse's songs are really uplifting and catchy.
Apr 26, 2014 6:07 PM

Dec 2011
A-rise's performance was amazing, our u's girls need to work even harder. And lol, Niko so fangirl in this episode.
Apr 26, 2014 7:52 PM

Jul 2008
Does A-RISE have to do everything u's has to? Do they write their own lyrics, compose their own songs, come up with their own choreography ,etc? Or do they have like a powerful school supporting them and they are just the face of it.
Apr 27, 2014 2:55 AM

Dec 2011
'I'm playing the role of Sonoda Umi'

Best line of the episode.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 28, 2014 7:51 PM

Sep 2013
In Umi's mind Sexy Dress is quite hot ;)

Poor people's ears' XD

"Cute devil", yup that's a fitting description.

Lol they are going to preform on A-Rise's roof :P

I'm glad they showed A-Rise's performance and the chart was a nice addition.

Their performance was good, but A-Rise wins this time in my opinion.
May 3, 2014 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
Good performances. Always entertaining to watch.
Nice they got to meet their rivals.
May 5, 2014 10:35 AM

Dec 2012
GarLogan78 said:
Does A-RISE have to do everything u's has to? Do they write their own lyrics, compose their own songs, come up with their own choreography ,etc? Or do they have like a powerful school supporting them and they are just the face of it.

The latter is probably true. The only two things µ has are the financial support of Maki's family and the school's support from Kotori's mom.
May 7, 2014 4:07 AM
Jul 2018
That was really damn great. I like both performances. But considering my music taste, i think i like A-RISE's performance more.
Those outfits<3
6/5
May 15, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
Seeing A-RISE talk and sing makes me feel like a silly schoolgirl fangirling.
They are just so awesome and they did it again with another enjoyable song.
Damn they are the best.

Was disappointed though that they didn't get a full song time and their clip was basically a short version.

ArcanaTrace said:
Magito said:

That being said, does anyone think Erina's voice acting is really stiff...?

Yup, that caught my attention as well. I guess Matsunaga Maho isnt used to voicing deep voice characters. It felt stiff and forced to me. Nonetheless her singing is awesome.

Yeah i noticed that and i was slightly sad cause from the singing clip her voice was awesome and i love her look so she is my favorite but her voice actor didn't do really great in the talking section. Well the deep voice still sounds awesome but the acting needed work.
On the other hand Tsubasa really stole the show this episode.

ThangLong said:
GarLogan78 said:

The latter is probably true. The only two things µ has are the financial support of Maki's family and the school's support from Kotori's mom.

How to you know? Personally i don't see why they wouldn't be writing their songs. It didn't look to me like the school gave them the idol role at all, they seem to be doing that because that is what they want and enjoy.
MonadMay 15, 2014 1:07 PM
May 21, 2014 2:50 PM

Jun 2013
I liked A-Rise's performance more.
May 23, 2014 9:32 AM

Jul 2009
A-Rise is amazing! Nothing more fair if they keep winning Love Live!
May 24, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2013
That was an amazing episode! Seeing both A-RISE and U's performance was awesome. I can see a very healthy competition from both of them, and love how they both respect each other as rivals other than being complete snobs. Hope U's win! I'm cheering for them!
May 25, 2014 6:46 PM

Aug 2007
Honoka is really a dumb and a silly person when she has to talk in the microphone.

About A RISE: they the mature type idol
µ's: the childish type ido, and for me they're nothing comparing with A RISE
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

190 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 27, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

77 by Yuqirin »»
Apr 20, 8:36 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

143 by Needster »»
Apr 4, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

136 by pompopuri »»
Mar 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

157 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 19, 6:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.