Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 14, 2014 7:55 PM

Jun 2012
Fucking Glorious!!
Jan 14, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2011
dragonlight said:
Fucking Glorious!!

This!! Especially the scene with Komugi and afterward. Can't wait for the fight.

This is what you do when you want to stretch out 2 minutes worth of story. :D
MirorinJan 14, 2014 8:22 PM
Jan 14, 2014 8:14 PM

Feb 2012
As much as I dislike narration in general, HxH does it so much better than anyone else, I can't really complain
Jan 14, 2014 8:18 PM

May 2012
everything is fine except the narration.. well theres a narrarion in manga too and i just skip them..

Jan 14, 2014 8:29 PM
Aug 2012
If any of y'all use VLC, I recommend pressing V. That is all.
Jan 14, 2014 8:36 PM

Jun 2013
All these new surprises can't be good for the mental health of the intruders lol.
Jan 14, 2014 8:39 PM

Dec 2012
Holy shit, epic to the max... This is the most perfect episode from an anime I've watched; action, strategy, feels, and the plot.

Jan 14, 2014 8:41 PM

Nov 2013
SaviorCJ said:
pkKodama said:
cronosteso23 said:

Toriko is a joke? XD

No, it's not a joke.

The manga's not a joke, the anime? Eh.

The anime is not a joke either. It's not a perfect adaptation. But it's awesome.

For people asking why Pitou cried, that is because it was the first time the OU begged for something instead of ordering like he usually does, so she felt touched with the scene and cried.
And whoever thinks she is a male, needs a serious lesson with Kuririn about gender /-.-
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 8:43 PM

Aug 2013
INTENSE. *⁂((✪⥎✪))⁂* EVERY SINGLE MOMENT I WAS LIKE (ㆆ▃ㆆ) I wanted to see more Gon though! Oh well, ┐(´-`)┌. Although, how did Komungi died? The Dragon Dive or ______?
Jan 14, 2014 8:46 PM

Nov 2013
majiloveanime said:
INTENSE. *⁂((✪⥎✪))⁂* EVERY SINGLE MOMENT I WAS LIKE (ㆆ▃ㆆ) I wanted to see more Gon though! Oh well, ┐(´-`)┌. Although, how did Komungi died? The Dragon Dive or ______?

“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 8:50 PM

Dec 2013
Fuck these short episodes
Jan 14, 2014 8:52 PM

Nov 2013
Anon1409 said:

(눈▂눈)
anons...
Btw, so far we have 8 haters here.
ColtBuntlineJan 14, 2014 9:07 PM
― Saint Augustine
Jan 14, 2014 9:39 PM

May 2013
FShadow1998 said:
SaSa777 said:
patrykvan said:
Nice ep, I honestly can't see the King losing right now, can't wait to see his abilities.

There is one thing that bothers me - if Killua knew what Dragon Dive was, why didn't he know about nen until the Heavens Arena arc? I would definitely ask Zeno how he did all those holes in the ground.

He saw nen all the time and even used it when he was tailing people or changed his hands for a kill. But he was never told what it was.

But he needed to have opened his nen micropyles to be able to SEE his grandpa's Dragon Dive and since he didn't do that until after he left the house, there was no way for him to know about his grandpa's abilities before he went in the palace.

He could see the effect dragon dive had on the place, I mean there are holes everywhere you don't need to use nen to see that. Also he can feel his aura. Kurapika could feel the nen attack from his sensei before he learnt nen, Gon was using zetsu when he was tailing Hisoka, Rammot was also using zetsu before his fight with Gon and Killua. I believe that you only need to open your aura nodes to use ten, ren, hatsu, gyo ect.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 14, 2014 9:45 PM

Jan 2009
lol the heroes are at disadvantage
Jan 14, 2014 9:46 PM

Oct 2011
I think it's safe to say Mahouka threads will be the similar to the past couple threads.

OT: I think that the narration is pretty nifty as it's kinda like reading a book. Those little details can really add to the atmosphere.
Jan 14, 2014 9:49 PM

Jul 2013
SaSa777 said:
He could see the effect dragon dive had on the place, I mean there are holes everywhere you don't need to use nen to see that. Also he can feel his aura. Kurapika could feel the nen attack from his sensei before he learnt nen, Gon was using zetsu when he was tailing Hisoka, Rammot was also using zetsu before his fight with Gon and Killua. I believe that you only need to open your aura nodes to use ten, ren, hatsu, gyo ect.
Plus, Killua could have simply viewed his grandpa's Dragon Dive as some "technique" all his life in the same way he perceived his own fingernail-tech. The latter isn't said to require Nen, so Killua probably assumed just as much even w/o Nen comprehension. It's not as though any of the characters so far have exhibited immediate knowledge of Hatsu being linked to Nen as soon as they discover it. (Remember what Leorio's first impression of Nen was?) That's why Killua only thought of Illumi & Hisoka with their auras from the moment Wing taught him the very basics.

This all really ties in.
GalekCJan 14, 2014 10:05 PM
Jan 14, 2014 9:58 PM

May 2013
GalekC said:
SaSa777 said:
Plus, Killua could have simply viewed his grandpa's Dragon Dive as some "technique" all his life in the same way he perceived his fingernail-tech. The latter doesn't require Nen, so Killua probably assumed just as much. It's not as though any of the characters so far have exhibited immediate knowledge of Hatsu being linked to Nen as soon as they discover it. That's why Killua only thought of Illumi & Hisoka from the moment Wing taught him the very basics.

This all really ties in.

Yeah your probably right.

I always thought that the fingernail technique was a manipulation tech, why do you think that its not nen related?
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 14, 2014 10:00 PM

Mar 2010
Dangerr said:
Meh episode. Didn't translate well from the manga. Madhouse's direction has generally been pretty damn good, but it was certainly not their A-game here. Same with the animation. Hoping for a better next week.

I have to disagree with you i definitely think madhouse brought their A-game.I didnt read the manga so i cant compare the two, but i honestly dont see how madhouse could have improved on this episode, as an anime only viewer i thought it was spectacular.
Jan 14, 2014 10:02 PM

Jul 2013
SaSa777 said:
I always thought that the fingernail technique was a manipulation tech, why do you think that its not nen related?
Not in that way per se. But, what I'm trying to get across is that Killua didn't need foreknowledge of Nen in order to understand Zeno's Dragon Dive.
Jan 14, 2014 10:15 PM

May 2013
GalekC said:
SaSa777 said:
Not in that way per se. But, what I'm trying to get across is that Killua didn't need foreknowledge of Nen in order to understand Zeno's Dragon Dive.

Oh got it :)

Nen concept is awesome and I keep seeing new stuff. Like in last episode I noticed that Shoot's cage/hotel isn't conjured cage but a real one he is manipulatin and thats the reason he covers it with a sleeve. Yes I noticed that after 20+ episodes and 2/3 manga reads LOL.
Jan 14, 2014 10:32 PM

Jun 2013
Wow! After a lot of complaining about the last couple of episodes (and a little bit about last week), 112 is just amazing.
5/5! Slowing down everything is such a cool way to do it!
Jan 14, 2014 10:43 PM

Feb 2012
My god, Mereum was such a great villain.
Jan 14, 2014 10:56 PM

Jun 2009
Amble said:

Somewhere along the line I actually started rooting for him. Not that I want Gon, Killua, and the others to fail but....eh, it's complicated. This definitely isn't a simple good vs. evil fight which is what Netero and Zeno seeing him with Komugi illustrated beautifully.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 14, 2014 11:08 PM

Apr 2011
The constant narration kind of ruins the flow that HxH episodes are supposed to bring and it was so fucking annoying in this episode. Madhouse is really trying to drag this one out, aren't they?
Jan 14, 2014 11:18 PM
Feb 2013
yhunata said:
The constant narration kind of ruins the flow that HxH episodes are supposed to bring and it was so fucking annoying in this episode. Madhouse is really trying to drag this one out, aren't they?

How about no?

Madhouse is basically following what Togashi did in the manga. Events happening in a short burst of time that it their actions are actually FASTER than them speaking or forming full sentences in their mind to describe what the fuck is going on.

For that, having a narrator to do the explanation makes more sense.
Jan 14, 2014 11:39 PM

Apr 2011
xieghart said:
yhunata said:

How about no?

Madhouse is basically following what Togashi did in the manga. Events happening in a short burst of time that it their actions are actually FASTER than them speaking or forming full sentences in their mind to describe what the fuck is going on.

In the manga it fit easily, but it's not working as efficiently in the anime. On top of that, the narration is so monotone, it comes off as annoying when done at such a frequency.
Jan 14, 2014 11:52 PM

Jan 2013
This Episode is Awesome
That episode... Was so.. there are no words to describe it.
it is so epic.
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Jan 15, 2014 12:08 AM

Jun 2009
yhunata said:
xieghart said:
yhunata said:

How about no?

In the manga it fit easily, but it's not workingman as efficiently in the anime. On top of that, the narration is so monotone, it comes off as annoying when done at such a frequency.

You say that, but I genuinely like what this show is doing. I can understand why some would see it as being slow or dragging things out, but I simply can't agree with that. I think the narration has done a fantastic job of illustrating each characters view point and, to be honest, I have found the narrator's dialogue to be fantastic.

Half of what made Pitou's rush to the King and Meruem's holding Komugi so damn great, to me at least, was the narration. Generally speaking, if someone told me narration was the wrong way to go when telling a story....I would agree. I mean, I am a Breaking Bad fan and "show, don't tell" is practically that show's motto. But, HxH is taking a generally disagreeable storytelling device and using it very effectively in my eyes.
Ston3_FreeN7Jan 15, 2014 12:15 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 15, 2014 12:09 AM

Nov 2012
I love Youpi transformation, the only ant with no human DNA, though I find it really weird since the ones that are fully ants don't really talk nor have a humanoid shape.

Honestly, I find the narration to be unnecessary they can really just have the characters narrate what they're thinking, planning etc instead of the having the narrator do so.

pkKodama said:

(눈▂눈)
anons...
Is all you do just fucking shit post? That's all I've been seeing from you lately, nothing but trolling and telling other peoples favorites are shit because they didn't like a specific scene from this series.
Jan 15, 2014 12:10 AM
Oct 2011
Cheesekao said:

OT: I think that the narration is pretty nifty as it's kinda like reading a book. Those little details can really add to the atmosphere.
That's what I was feeling like throughout the episode. It had some complexity and some depth, like a book, a good one, and the reactions here are understandable, since translating the written media to visual ones literally doesn't get much love in the first place. (but in here it kinda worked well) This episode is not like an anime or shonen manga, which are known for their archetypes and one-dimensional characters and fast-pace (which goes well with a low attention spans), so seeing something like this that tries to break out of its medium and its generality is really refreshing.
insan3Spectre said:
Amble said:

Somewhere along the line I actually started rooting for him. Not that I want Gon, Killua, and the others to fail but....eh, it's complicated. This definitely isn't a simple good vs. evil fight which is what Netero and Zeno seeing him with Komugi illustrated beautifully.
He reminds me of the racist douchebag in Magi's manga (didn't say anime cause it's one big pile of garbage). Such well-written villains are just great.
Candor123Jan 15, 2014 12:19 AM
Jan 15, 2014 12:31 AM
Jul 2018
I'm loving this so much, to think a show like Hunter x Hunter could pull off an epic level love story like it is doing...
Jan 15, 2014 12:38 AM

Jan 2013
That little scene with the white stills and the kings face shaded black.

That scene was fkng haunting.
Jan 15, 2014 1:15 AM
Jul 2013
insan3Spectre said:
yhunata said:
xieghart said:
yhunata said:

How about no?

In the manga it fit easily, but it's not workingman as efficiently in the anime. On top of that, the narration is so monotone, it comes off as annoying when done at such a frequency.

You say that, but I genuinely like what this show is doing. I can understand why some would see it as being slow or dragging things out, but I simply can't agree with that. I think the narration has done a fantastic job of illustrating each characters view point and, to be honest, I have found the narrator's dialogue to be fantastic.

Half of what made Pitou's rush to the King and Meruem's holding Komugi so damn great, to me at least, was the narration. Generally speaking, if someone told me narration was the wrong way to go when telling a story....I would agree. I mean, I am a Breaking Bad fan and "show, don't tell" is practically that show's motto. But, HxH is taking a generally disagreeable storytelling device and using it very effectively in my eyes.

^ Agreed, the narration is absolutely fantastic. The build-up and intensity we've seen these past episodes have been phenomenal. The narrator is doing a great job.
Jan 15, 2014 1:18 AM

May 2012
pkKodama said:
Anon1409 said:

(눈▂눈)
anons...

Ok.. this is funny lol.. be sure not to fall asleep while counting haters..

Jan 15, 2014 1:37 AM
Oct 2011
Nope_ said:
I love Youpi transformation, the only ant with no human DNA, though I find it really weird since the ones that are fully ants don't really talk nor have a humanoid shape.

Youpi is made from a magical beast, and there are magical beasts that can talk. See early part of the hunter exam
Jan 15, 2014 1:44 AM

Feb 2012
insan3Spectre said:
Amble said:

I can see Mereum character changes and wavers between several extremes throughout the story, this episode especially. Yes, the conflict between Ants and Humans is a matter of war and survival. The Humans might be a good guys but that doesn't mean the Ants was a bad guys, they're just trying to live. Damn, Togashi managed to actually successfully portray this.
Jan 15, 2014 1:45 AM

Nov 2012
chikkychappy said:
Nope_ said:

Youpi is made from a magical beast, and there are magical beasts that can talk. See early part of the hunter exam
But they're different species, and they carry different traits, the Man-faced Monkey is simply imitating human speech like how a Parrot(just an example) imitates Human speech except Man-faced Monkeys use it lure their prey. Besides what you said did not really help since I'm sure not all Magical Beasts can speak.
Jan 15, 2014 1:56 AM
Aug 2013
Nope_ said:
chikkychappy said:
Nope_ said:

But they're different species, and they carry different traits, the Man-faced Monkey is simply imitating human speech like how a Parrot(just an example) imitates Human speech except Man-faced Monkeys use it lure their prey. Besides what you said did not really help since I'm sure not all Magical Beasts can speak.

They Kiriko (fox-face) can talk too, naturally, not just by mimicking anyone.A living proof of that does the fox say.

Finally caught up! But I'm gonna reply with a thread instead :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2014 2:07 AM

Sep 2013
Amble said:
insan3Spectre said:
Amble said:

I can see Mereum character changes and wavers between several extremes throughout the story, this episode especially. Yes, the conflict between Ants and Humans is a matter of war and survival. The Humans might be a good guys but that doesn't mean the Ants was a bad guys, they're just trying to live. Damn, Togashi managed to actually successfully portray this.

It's not really a rare theme. I think it's executed better in other shounen manga.
Jan 15, 2014 2:13 AM

Nov 2012
CeeTwo said:
Nope_ said:
chikkychappy said:
Nope_ said:

They Kiriko (fox-face) can talk too, naturally, not just by mimicking anyone.A living proof of that does the fox say.

Finally caught up! But I'm gonna reply with a thread instead :P
Yeah I know, for some reason I read "There are" as "they are" in Chikkys post, but still not all magical beasts can talk, and like I said before the ones who were fully ants without human dna don't speak nor have a humanoid shape.

sebrina8 said:
It's not really a rare theme. I think it's executed better in other shounen manga.
Name one.
RX-782Jan 15, 2014 2:19 AM
Jan 15, 2014 2:13 AM

Jan 2013
Amble said:
insan3Spectre said:
Amble said:

Your right and Togashi has done this before (Sensui).

To the ants they are trying to survive and take over the world essentially. The process they are doing it by kills a lot of innocent humans though, but this is whats interesting. Don't humans kill animals for survival as well, and a lot of times just for personal pleasure of eating them? In the Ants view, its like how we view chicken, they are there for our survival and pleasure, and the same goes around for the ants.

I think this is one of those cases where its just justice in each eye. Both the humans and ants believe they are correct. I like it because its not one of those "they're evil for the sake of being evil" type stuff.
Jan 15, 2014 2:18 AM

Feb 2012
sebrina8 said:
Amble said:
insan3Spectre said:
Amble said:

I know. It's not uncommon for a 'no true good side' theme, but I love the way what Togashi did.
Jan 15, 2014 2:27 AM
Aug 2013
"Yeah I know, for some reason I read "There are" as "they are" in Chikkys post, but still not all magical beasts can talk, and like I said before the ones who were fully ants without human dna don't speak nor have a humanoid shape."

Because 1: Their generation was still more ant-like and had not been 'diluted' much with other species' genes

And because they did not happen to particularly be born of any human's/magical beasts genes either.

Youpi was born of said beasts

(In just 4 episodes of the series we knew there are 2 man-speaking beasts, so it's safe to assume there are more of them)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2014 3:02 AM

Dec 2008
Damn! That infiltration turned out to be FUBAR.
I'm hoping Pitou will be unable to heal Komugi so that the King will take his head for failing.
Youpi's "bankai" is disgusting.
Once again, Pouf is being a drama queen.

Most of the time the narration annoys me, but this time it was fitting.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 15, 2014 3:23 AM

Jul 2013
King x Komugi

a 100000000000x better love story than Twilight
Jan 15, 2014 3:33 AM

Dec 2012
had to rewatch. simply amazing.
loved the scene with Meruem and Komugi. 5/5
Jan 15, 2014 3:40 AM

Jul 2010

This episode only needs some zawa to be completely perfect.
Jan 15, 2014 4:01 AM
Oct 2011
Btw when Meruem laid Komugi on the ground she moved her hand, at 20:17.
Jan 15, 2014 4:42 AM

Jan 2011
sebrina8 said:
Amble said:
insan3Spectre said:
Amble said:

But Meruem did not become a good guy or Friend of the main character
what is its purpose?
amazing
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jan 15, 2014 4:49 AM

Sep 2009
it was a magnificent episode and the narrator is doing well
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Knov's shoes

Guaxinito - Sep 22

3 by Cory0905 »»
Yesterday, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 105 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2013

150 by oozePOP »»
Sep 22, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 131 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

1046 by Ougi0Best0Girl »»
Sep 20, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 15, 2013

162 by samagra7 »»
Sep 19, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

933 by LizIsListing »»
Sep 18, 1:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.