basilisk
baccono
FMA
ghost hunt
black lagoon
blood the last vampire

0/8

Oh come on there good series

My mum loved FMA AND basilisk and she likes baccono so far, and black lagoon is a pretty good series, I don't see why you gave me a 0/8

Karas is Tasunoko's weeks hero anime by far if some like super heros id say older Tatsunoko stuff is better
FMA - WMT is better gate way
Baccono- is never liked
Black Lagoon - stll to asain to be a gate way
Blood- THe live action is better than the anime

---------------------
revised score 2/8
1 is gray aera
Basakil yes
Gost hunt yes
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Nov 12, 2013 2:30 AM

Jul 2012
DateYutaka said:
Animefreak17a said:
DateYutaka said:
Animefreak17a said:
karas
blassreiter
basilisk
baccono
FMA
ghost hunt
black lagoon
blood the last vampire

0/8

My mum loved FMA AND basilisk and she likes baccono so far, and black lagoon is a pretty good series, I don't see why you gave me a 0/8

Karas is Tasunoko's weeks hero anime by far if some like super heros id say older Tatsunoko stuff is better
FMA - WMT is better gate way
Baccono- is never liked
Black Lagoon - stll to asain to be a gate way
Blood- THe live action is better than the anime

---------------------
revised score 2/8
1 is gray aera
Basakil yes
Gost hunt yes

Oh come on I got my dad to watch Fma with me and he's not in to anime, he says it was good but it's not really he's thing, anime in general I mean but he enjoyed it
Oh come on there good series,

Baccono is a great series, my.mum thinks so too, altho I wouldn't suggest it as a firsty for new comers but I would still suggest it after they watch a few others first,

Blood the last vampire film is a mature and doesn't have any silly comedy in it,

Black lagoon I think it could work

Karas it is kinda superheroy but it's animation is brilliant
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Nov 12, 2013 2:59 AM

Jul 2012
Fullmetal Alchemist:B, Death Note, Shingeki No Kyojin.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Nov 12, 2013 4:32 AM

Jul 2012
Death Note without a doubt.
My friend who dont watch anime was recommending it.
MangaList | AnimeList
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." -Joshua Graham
Nov 12, 2013 4:45 AM

Nov 2012
Most people who don't watch Anime are usually appealed to watch Anime they continue to see on social media sites, like facebook etc. My buddy got into Anime because he kept seeing Anime on Tumblr

"Climb the mountain not so the world can see you, but so that you can see the world."
Nov 12, 2013 8:17 AM
May 2013
What about shows like Higurashi or Another?
Nov 12, 2013 8:27 AM

Nov 2010
AndyRayy said:
The problem with people automatically tossing out the Death Notes, Brotherhoods, and Black Lagoons's it that they're assuming that, because this person is a non-fan, they must like that kind of show, which I can assure you is not always the case. If my first anime was something like, say, Black Lagoon or Death Note, I may not have grown such a liking for the medium because they would've given me the impression that anime was all just more violence and action, which can be found for a dime-a-dozen pretty much anywhere else. And I'd argue that this is exactly why you get such varied reactions when showing them to friends, since it fits some of their tastes and doesn't at all fit others'.
I don't think anybody is saying that they have to like them. But people do like them quite often(which is what it means to have high appeal). I rarely hear Hayate no Gotoku or K-ON as someone's gateway anime, Dragonball, Naruto, SAO, etc I've heard way more of. Which is partly because of their age. There's a reason why action anime are always at the top of the site's popularity. More people like them and it's easier to get into a show where there isn't much confusing language, it's easier to follow action.
Nov 12, 2013 8:48 AM

Aug 2013
Dragon Ball Kai (DBZ is a better gateway battle shonen anime than Naruto because it is not as melodramatic as Naruto and just fun and action packed. Kai makes DBZ even more fun to watch because the boring filler in the canon fights is removed so the fights are faster and more enjoyable).

Death Note
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai Champloo
Cowboy Bebop
Monster
Afro Samurai
Gungrave
Shingeki No Kyojin
DrGeroCreationNov 12, 2013 8:56 AM
Nov 12, 2013 1:22 PM

Aug 2012
Shingeki no Kyojin. I didn't watch it, but heard about alot of guys managing to get friends who don't watch Anime addicted to it.
Nov 12, 2013 4:46 PM
Sep 2012
High School of the Dead..... Try to recommend it on Non-anime fans....
they will enjoy it... and will crave for more
Nov 12, 2013 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
What they're going to like in anime is something close to what they like in other forms of television.

Miyazaki stuff usually works too.
KruszerNov 12, 2013 5:11 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Nov 12, 2013 5:09 PM

Apr 2013
Gurren Lagann and Kaichou wa Maid-sama.

Those two shows got me into anime.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 12, 2013 5:12 PM

Jul 2013
Habagat said:

Oh god no. It's got too much of the tropes that people usually avoid anime for. Maybe some people will enjoy it, which case they will likely become anime fans. But for anime haters, it represents a lot of why they hate anime.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Nov 12, 2013 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
Habagat said:

I'm an anime fan and I didn't like it.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 12, 2013 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
I'm gonna say Cowboy Bebop mainly for the fact that it is the only anime my friends will bother watching and they all love it and re-watch it all the time. I guess it appeals to most sci-fi fans and its main character is absolutely badass.
Nov 12, 2013 5:24 PM

Nov 2012
Hkig said:
I'm gonna say Cowboy Bebop mainly for the fact that it is the only anime my friends will bother watching and they all love it and re-watch it all the time. I guess it appeals to most sci-fi fans and its main character is absolutely badass.

I'm a sci-fi fan and I only found Cowboy Bebop kinda meh.

But, it's definitely a very western-influenced show, so it would appeal to a wider western audience overall.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Nov 12, 2013 5:30 PM

Jun 2013
iSheep said:
Habagat said:

That's because like 70% (made up stat) of anime fans don't appreciate ecchi.

Nov 12, 2013 5:30 PM

Apr 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
Habagat said:

Oh god no. It's got too much of the tropes that people usually avoid anime for. Maybe some people will enjoy it, which case they will likely become anime fans. But for anime haters, it represents a lot of why they hate anime.

People dont hate anime they just find it more of a.......childish hobby.
"Anime is for kids" , I cant belive you forgot this one.
Appealing anime for anyone are anime where fight and power ups occur.......aka DBZ , Bleach , SnK......
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Nov 12, 2013 5:32 PM

Apr 2013
zdude18 said:
iSheep said:
Habagat said:

That's because like 70% (made up stat) of anime fans don't appreciate ecchi.

Now if only that were a real statistic, I'd be able to have a decent conversation with another guy about slice-of-life.
Nov 12, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2013
FluffyFlesh said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Habagat said:

Appealing anime for anyone are anime where fight and power ups occur.......aka DBZ , Bleach , SnK......

They look at Highschool of the Dead and see "Depraved Chinese Cartoons".
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Nov 12, 2013 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
FluffyFlesh said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Habagat said:

They look at Highschool of the Dead and see "Depraved Chinese Cartoons".

Odd , thats just an ignorant statement and I wouldnt like that kind of a user around this forum or to know someone like that.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Nov 12, 2013 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
Shayko said:
CamoBullo said:
Spirited Away always does wonders for those who aren't too fond of anime.

Even many "non-anime fans" have seen Spirited Away, just like the other poular Ghibli films. Haven't seen it turn anyone into a fan though.

well, ghibli is part of Disney Studios inc.

Nov 12, 2013 6:51 PM

Jan 2012
im sure it depends on the person, i was reeled in by death note!

but i have been trying to get my girlfriend into anime for months, and it was only yesterday i decided to watch kino no tabi, she said she'd try and watch it with me, and she has ended up completing it before me (she was a philosophy student so maybe it just clicked with her)
Nov 12, 2013 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
Dragon Ball Z and Miyazaki's stuff are the only things I see people who don't watch anime talk about.
"Canaan. You're a victim whose past was taken away by war. And she's a defeated person who lost her past in a power struggle. Soldiers who are born within destruction take hatred as their weapon. Even though you and her became soldiers for the same reason, you both live differently. Listen Canaan, you cannot counter hatred with hatred... ever." -Siam, Canaan
Nov 12, 2013 7:06 PM

Jun 2012
Gundam Seed, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Guilty Crown, maybe Valvrave and Suisei no Gargantia.
I'd imagine the Evangelion rebuilds would be somewhat enticing for the inexperienced aswell, not so much the series though.
They're the crappiest mecha I could think of and I'd assume they're the easiest for people to get into because they're thousands of rankings higher in popularity than any other show in their class.

Keep them away from anything else in of the Gundam franchise, Macross, Patlabor, JoJo, HnK, and LoGH.

Deathnote, SnK, and SAO are almost too obvious :o.
Nov 12, 2013 7:13 PM

May 2013
Habagat said:
That's funny, I watched it before I got into anime and I thought it was awful.

OT: While I will recommend certain people some of my favourite shows, I don't recommend anime as a whole. Why would I want to subject anyone to sifting through all those terrible shows aimed at dumb teenagers to find the next Haibane Renmei?
Nov 12, 2013 9:15 PM

Aug 2011
Habagat said:

I don't think so. They'll probably just compare it to The Walking Dead and call it shit.

Most people say they enjoy(ed) watching Dragonball Z so it's an obvious choice along with Miyazaki movies, although these days I'm hearing more Bleach, Naruto, even SAO, from people who don't look like they spend their days watching anime - or even know what it is.

Nov 12, 2013 9:18 PM

Jun 2013
FMA

Nov 15, 2013 12:23 PM

Sep 2012
I'd have to say Attack on Titan. Everyone calling anime "gay" would probably find that really really badass.
Nov 15, 2013 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
Higurashi or Elfen Lied ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 8, 2013 8:24 AM

Jun 2012
Death Note
Fullmetal Aclehmist (Brotherhood & Original)
Cowboy Bebop
Fate/Zero
Monster
Shingeki no Kyojin
Wolf's Rain
Sep 14, 2016 11:26 PM
Sep 2016
all my friends think i'm weird as hell for liking anime but they fuck with Death Note heavy.
for guys i'd say some old ones that they might remember from their childhood. shows like dbz yugioh naruto digimon
for girls i'd say probs something like Fairy Tail or Your Lie in April
ps attack on titan was the anime that got me hooked but it's for sure not for everyone.. same goes for sword art online
Sep 15, 2016 4:33 AM

May 2015
I'd recommend KHR, the anime that got me into... anime, but that title isn't common around here. So, I used FMA for a first timer recommendation.
"When someone betrays your trust, it feels like a part of you dies. I guess for me it was the part that cared" ~ Phi
Sep 15, 2016 5:35 AM

Apr 2010
Death Note has a strong appeal to non anime fans as it doesn't have too much idiotic things. It totality doesn't feel for children. I watched with my dad Kuroshitsuji book of murder (without the seasons themselves, my father don't have patience for series) and he enjoyed. Or so he said.

For younger audience (not 50+) I think Durarara can be nice too.

I never reality recommended non anime watchers anime, but I still can have opinions.

Sep 15, 2016 5:56 PM

Apr 2015
If someone who has never watched anime approached me right now, I would recommend these series (based on their age/interests if I know):

(All Ages)
Spirited Away

(14+)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Your Lie in April
Princess Mononoke
Attack on Titan
Trigun
Boku dake ga Inai Machi

(18+)
Death Parade

I feel like these series don't require a large knowledge of anime to fully appreciate (as supposed to something like Gintama or Osomatsu-san). With the exception of Brotherhood, these series are fairly compact.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What anime you think was carried by a single character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Jun 11

70 by KitsuFrost »»
36 seconds ago

» How do you behave in front of a cute girl ( 1 2 )

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

51 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch?

coolyfruity - Jun 15

39 by Sillz_22 »»
56 minutes ago

» Do you tend to skip the first episode/first few episodes of long running shows?

TheBlockernator - Jun 15

37 by Ratris_Decision »»
59 minutes ago

» Most Overrated Characters in the Top 50? ( 1 2 )

SamDaniel - Aug 3, 2021

51 by AwokenStroken »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.