Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 27, 2012 9:03 PM

Jul 2012
To sum this episode up in a couple of words: great and quite a bit of mind blown moments (but then again, to me, this isn't nothing new with this show :3).^^

I gotta say, for me, this has got to be the best episode so far. A lot of actions, and overall, epic moments. We also got to see Hakaze back in the present! It does seem that she likes Yoshino as well! Gotta keep on eye on what's gonna happen there. Mahiro doesn't seem fazed at seeing her naked as much as Yoshino, guessing there's not gonna be anything between the two besides the problem with Aika's killer. >.< Though I guess that was expected. But, the whole "who's the real bad guy: the Tree of Genesis or the Tree of Exodus" is quite mind effing. At this point, I'd say both are bad guys. Though, a lot of this is revolved around Aika >.<

Well, the ending made me pretty darn surprised; didn't expect the Tree of Genesis (or was it the Tree of Exodus?) to *attempt to* kill Yoshino and Mahiro! The command by Hakaze to Samon was definitely nice to see too^^ Aika's last line in this episode did confuse me too *to me, it kinda sounded like she's willing the world to end and start anew :O*

In the next episode seems like we are going to see a dream (possibly Mahiro's?). Let's see how this is going to go! Well, it's gonna be awhile until we get to see the next episode (around 2 weeks), until then; I need to catch up with all the airing (and non-airing) Anime I'm watching!
Dec 28, 2012 4:07 AM

Jan 2011
I was amazed when I saw them being hit by the stupid tree, but I just knew they would be alright. Killing two of the main characters when there are 12 episodes left will rarely work, and it doesn't fit this kind of show. Amazing episode though, lots of development. Hakaze and Yoshino may turn into a couple, but wouldn't it be boring if it would be that obvious and predictable?
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 28, 2012 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
i kind of surprise when the tree's root attack yoshino and mahiro.. this episode looks very good... i like it/

Dec 30, 2012 8:39 AM

Sep 2007
D= Nooo! Yoshino~!

and BAH..... I kinda have a hunch that Aika might actually be this "Mage of Exodus" they all started muttering about an ep or two back....
hating Aika now
hating them damn trees too...they should just get off da planet.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Dec 31, 2012 5:32 AM
Dec 2012
I like this anime so much and this episode is very attractive! i hope Yoshino and mahiro don't die!! i love them both!! Aika is really mysterious!! it's as if she know what will happen from the begining! she is so luky to have such handsome brother and boyfriend! i don't think that Yoshino and Hakaze love each other because yoshino is so faithful to Aika he remember her everytime and Hakaze is just grateful to Yoshino!! and mahiro will never kill yoshino but i think that expression on his face in the preview is surprise when he discovers that Aika's boyfriend is Yoshino.
Dec 31, 2012 10:02 AM

Dec 2012
I had no idea that a tree could be this awesome. I always love it when main characters get killed.
Jan 2, 2013 3:26 PM

May 2008
UtsukushiiYume said:
The fact that the last four episodes of the first arc consisted of them standing on the same spot, literally, and simultaneously managing to entertain the audience to a high degree is amazing..

Maybe you were entertained but I basically snored through the last four episodes... this is just going nowhere fast and I'm bored as fuck. I don't think I'm going to be able to watch this up to episode 24, I'm actually amazed that they managed to fill 24 episodes lol.
Jan 2, 2013 4:28 PM
Dec 2012
Wistaire said:
UtsukushiiYume said:
The fact that the last four episodes of the first arc consisted of them standing on the same spot, literally, and simultaneously managing to entertain the audience to a high degree is amazing..

Maybe you were entertained but I basically snored through the last four episodes... this is just going nowhere fast and I'm bored as fuck. I don't think I'm going to be able to watch this up to episode 24, I'm actually amazed that they managed to fill 24 episodes lol.

Sorry to hear that man. To each their own I guess (Y)

This and Psycho Pass are the only reasons I'm not taking a break from anime in the winter season lol. Though I'll probably give OreShura and Maou(sp?) Yuusha a change
Jan 3, 2013 4:01 PM

Sep 2011
Wistaire said:
UtsukushiiYume said:

welcome to the deep minority on this, and we feel sorry for you.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 5, 2013 6:42 AM

Feb 2012
Best episode until now.
Jan 5, 2013 6:14 PM

Oct 2011
dashiawia said:
This show continues to impress me with its unpredictability; totally didn't think Hakaze would return so early. I have a strong feeling Aika is the mastermind behind all this chaos. Wonder how many episodes this anime will have.

agree
Jan 10, 2013 10:56 AM
Jan 2013
amazyng series, btw what would you guys have done if you only knew that this anime was about 2 giant trees fighting each other before seeing it? hahaha

SPOILER COMING YOU ARE NOT MEAN TO SEE IT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT

renextronexJan 10, 2013 11:05 AM
Jan 10, 2013 11:22 AM
Jan 2013
deleted_ said:
Wow. Okay. 4/5

Well, um, this show is really unexpected and I cannot predict what's gonna happen at all. Amazing.
It's at a solid 8 right mostly because I find it uncomfortable to watch since it confuses me every couple of minutes.
The plot is well-written and very mind blowing but it's so...Difficult to watch for me. :/ Well, as expected from the Spiral author!

so this guys is the same that wrote spiral? O.o so is obvious that he can do something this amazing
Jan 11, 2013 10:14 PM
Dec 2011
I'm glad this was actually worth the wait! xD
Jan 16, 2013 8:26 PM

Jul 2008
Oh here's an idea...take out both trees now. And was that Aika's voice at the end of the episode? Is she alive?
Jan 26, 2013 2:55 PM
Mar 2009
I did get a chuckle watching two trees trying to kill each other. Lawl.

I didn't expect our two main protagonists to be injured so grievously though. That was quite a shocker.

Holy shit, this show. Amazing.
Feb 14, 2013 4:26 PM
Mar 2010
Woah, this anime is one plot twist after another. I like that, it keeps you guessing what will happen and stays interesting.
Even when they were hit by the tree I doubted they'd die then, but it does seem to be a warning that anyone the tree deems dispensable will be killed. I'm guessing there'll be lots of death in the last episodes. xD
Feb 18, 2013 2:33 AM
May 2007
OMG both of the MCs got a critical hit from a mad tree, to see blood suddenly that was shocking and unexpected! Sad to see Yoshino getting severely injured like that, almost split in half :( Mahiro while getting stabbed, I could see maybe that's a talisman was activated? I'm sure they will survive, but I wonder how. 5/5 for drawing me more into the series, one of my favorites!
Mar 5, 2013 2:30 PM

Apr 2012
Who would have thought that a battle between two trees could be so engaging?
Apr 8, 2013 8:48 PM

Sep 2011
Holy shit, what the Jesus just happened!? LOL
Apr 9, 2013 2:47 AM
Nov 2011
Orulyon said:

Anyway, the final sequence was perfect with Aika saying Miranda´s quotes from Shakespeare´s The tempest with the sonata from Beethoven called..."Tempest" LOOL

A tempest is coming XP

ooohhh, man.
This is symphony, sonata plays next ep.
And i can't find that symphony T_T
Apr 9, 2013 8:04 AM

Dec 2012
Mindfuck...total mindfuck.
The last part of this arc was a real mindfuck..but I really enjoyed it.
I cannot believe it took me so long to start this anime even though It was on my PTW list for quite sometime.

I'm so excited..although it'd be sad if Mahiro decided to kill Yoshino..I really enjoyed the rare scenes when there was some brotherly love between them.

and wtf is up with those trees ?
Insert wise quote here
Apr 17, 2013 9:31 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, another great episode. I wonder how all of this works.. Yoshino and Mahiro being killed looked kind of cruel, but good that Hakaze found a liking in Yoshino :3

The next episode looks twisted, I wonder what it will be. A dream? A strange reality?
Apr 17, 2013 10:11 PM

May 2012
Evil freaking trees man.

So glad we're finally moving onto the next part of the story in the next episode. As much as I enjoyed it, I feel like they sort of stretched the confrontation with Samon (even if watching him nearly have a stroke every time, things went wrong was lulzy) out longer than it needed to be. I was starting to think Mahiro would just lose it and pull the trigger.
Jun 5, 2013 4:31 PM
Oct 2009
I'm 90% sure that Aika is alive. First I thought she commited suicide and that's why they couldn't find the killer. Now I think she could be the princess mage of the tree of Exodus. If that's true she could defy logic and fake her suicide or bring herself back to life somehow~ I'm almost sure of it~ but who knows, there could be something else :D
Jun 8, 2013 5:32 PM

Jan 2013
Poor Samon.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 11, 2013 6:52 AM

Apr 2009
Hardcore tree on tree violence, plus the apocalypse. Epic.

Hmm, once it was made possible for a skeleton to become a living person again with the help of time travel... then that doesn't mean Aika is permanently dead anymore either. If she happens to meet certain critical conditions, it will be possible to bring her back a la Hakaze as well.
Jul 18, 2013 6:56 AM

Apr 2010
Scumbag trees. . . . .I wonder what will happen next?

Samon, put some love in healing Mahiro!
Sep 2, 2013 1:11 PM

Jan 2013
Holy shit I didn't think I could love this show any more than I already did, but it just keeps getting better!!

Mahiro and Yoshino will definitely be alive since they are the MC's with an anime that has 12 episodes left... but it was still pretty shocking seeing the 2 get demolished by the Tree of Genesis so swiftly.

Gah.. I should try to take a break from this series so I don't go through all of it's goodness too quickly!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2013 9:05 PM
Aug 2013
i have no proof. and i dont want anoyine to prove if im rit. so this does not count as a aspoiler. but based on all the events that led up to this point. and how they say that an mage of exodus was born. i feel that i shud try to figure out who it was. and the only logical answer i have for that is that it is aika who is the mage of exodus. and that she probably suicide. its the only logical choice to me. all that sleft to prove my hypothesis is to what happens next u_u
Oct 22, 2013 8:32 PM

Nov 2009
Ouch! If that was the case Mahiro should have just gone "fuck it!" and blown up the Tree of Exodus earlier which in turn would have destroyed the Tree of Genesis. That sucks! . . . Wonder what will happen from here on, even if they do come back, they really aren't needed so they probably won't be given any magical charms or w/e, so at that point Yoshino/Mahiro will basically just be chasing the storm w/o being able to do anything.
Jan 12, 2014 10:02 PM
Apr 2011
Whoa, big battle between the trees. Seems like the world is out of joint, and the two main characters are mortally wounded. I wouldn't be surprised if those two were actually killed off but that seems highly unlikely. Anyway, that was a great first arc, and Hazake is a bit too cocky for her own good. Samon turns out to be better as a henchman rather than as a leader, he's such a wussy
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 27, 2014 11:00 AM

Aug 2010
Totally didnt see Yoshino and Mahiro being killed off there.... :O

and perhaps Aika is the mage of exodus?? she looks kinda sly...
Jan 30, 2014 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
Well dam, shit got pretty crazy this episode :o Both trees are bad and should feel bad.
Mar 26, 2014 9:56 PM

Dec 2013
Yay! She's back,she's nude and she's HOT.
Hell,i don't even know who is the enemy anymore. OMFG that ending, so unpredictable,that's why i'm loving it >.<
HEY,U CAN'T KILL THE MAINS, ITS AGAINST SHOUNEN LOGIC!
PriestSlayerMar 26, 2014 9:59 PM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jul 19, 2014 10:21 AM

Dec 2013
Lol wat. First, Samon kills Hakaze. She 'resurrects'. Samon obeys Hakaze's orders. Logic.
At least there's not so much Aika anymore and Hakaze is back.
Also this Trees bullshit is getting annoying. Is the whole plot about it?...

leesan said:
Zetsuen nT in a nutshell
Tree vs Tree.
Jul 31, 2014 7:33 AM

May 2012
Oh snap! Did they really die? Damn that sure is a heck of a twist. Really interesting and quite intense development, let's see what's next!
Sep 13, 2014 5:11 AM

Jul 2013
looks like the single woman won't be single for long

the two bros are out of joint!
Dec 30, 2014 1:46 AM

Jun 2013
Hakaze is finally revived!
Woah, Yoshino and Mahiro. But they can't be dead, because they are protagonists.
May 27, 2015 4:36 AM

May 2013
Ah the Yoshino x Hakaze ship is sailing smoothly.

The Tree of Genesis really is heartless and powerful. Jeez a motherfucking missile landed right next to her barrel! Ain't no damn coincidence. Then the tree fucking kills the people who made all this possible.

amazing episode.
Jun 11, 2015 5:30 PM

Oct 2014
I have a feeling Aika has a hand in this, i wouldn't put it past her. She is too manipulative.
" Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. "
Cloud Atlas
Jun 21, 2015 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
YAS HAZAKE IS BACK
Jul 11, 2015 12:33 PM

Jul 2012
Hell yeah, Hakaze is back :D

Most exciting episodes of dialogue in anime I've watched. That was so great, I don't even wanna move on to this tree vs tree stuff :p

I still do want to know more about the countless mysteries left to be answered though, so I'm excited for that :)
Oct 5, 2015 5:33 AM

Apr 2014
Ugh f*ck that tree. It's like a sociopathic greek god. They should make it slumber again and leave the world to chance.

They say the trees represent logic and destruction, but
the Tree of Genesis in it's ultimate control, is fate; manipulation over the events, objects, and minds of those existing.

So there is the possibility that what the Tree of Exodus ultimately represents, is chance; utter autonomy.

They could both be too extreme, but in my opinion as an atheist, fate is non-existent. So therefore, chance would reflect our world as it is now.
Dec 20, 2015 9:18 PM

Jun 2014
Samon has got to be the lamest antagonist ever. He got pushed into a corner so easily like 5 times and is accepting everyone's demands now that he has no control over the situation.

Btw transferring your entire body onto a different skeleton would be incredibly hard when you cant even see the target. If you miss by a millimeter youre screwed.
Jan 1, 2016 8:17 PM

May 2009
This anime... Tells us that a main character is actually dead and speaking through time, gets that main character saved, kills two other main characters right away! lol

I love how there were so many dialogue-heavy episodes in a row and yet they were the most amazing ones so far without a doubt. Also love how the plot went from "defeat Samon the Bad Guy!" to "wait, which side is the right one again?"

And Mahiro's I-don't-give-a-damn-about-your-world-or-sides attitude along with Yoshino's trolling of Samon to manipulate the outcome is a thing to watch. Poor Samon, going into shock upon seeing how utterly wrong yet convincing Yoshino was. xD

Amazing.
Feb 3, 2016 5:58 PM

Aug 2008
I figured that when the mages weren't shown to be "evil" that they wouldn't be the true villains of the anime but both of the trees (my own guess) that all the characters will have to unite to fight against.

And of course I'm sure there is some larger reason for that girls death than a mere plot device to set things in motion, what its significance will turn out being... will have to find out later.
Feb 10, 2016 7:41 AM

Mar 2015
A little bit boring episode.
2.5/5

Hakaze naked scene was unnecessary but it portrayed realistically.

I LOLed when the two boys almost getting killed and end of the episode, haha.
May 27, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2014
So like hakaze is finally back and suddenly the main MCs are killed......Irony
Jun 20, 2016 6:25 AM

Feb 2016
Apparently shit's started going down. I'm still a little disappointed in samon as since he's appeared face to face he was almost permanently under pressure while admitting defeat after defeat. I'd expected him to be more serious about being a protagonist but it looks like he isn't cut out for this job. Hakaze reminds me of erza from fairy tail atm. That's actually a bad thing because I hate op characters.

The plot itself isn't that bad as my interesting towards those two trees and the philosophy behind them starts to grow. The part when mahiro and yoshino suddenly got rekt was a good tone shift.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» this anime is the epitome of what a "good" adaptation is

Neostorm_Y - Sep 12

11 by Neostorm_Y »»
Sep 18, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 4, 2012

302 by the-yellow_flash »»
Jul 12, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

279 by argy97 »»
Jun 9, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

147 by argy97 »»
Jun 8, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

230 by argy97 »»
Jun 8, 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.