Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 6, 12:14 PM

Nov 2015
This show is kinda fire
May 6, 12:29 PM
Jan 2022
Turn up there are other kaijus as well holding away themshelves as humans, other than Kafka, this is getting interesting
May 6, 3:45 PM
Dec 2023
Continua muito bom.
Repito de novo:TRILHA SONORA DO CARALHO.
May 6, 4:02 PM
Jun 2022
god god god god god god
May 6, 4:12 PM
Sep 2021
is realy good anime
May 6, 6:26 PM
Nov 2019
kafka menyelamatkan shinamori dengan berubah jadi kaiju
My Candies :
May 6, 7:14 PM

Nov 2009
BTW, ppls seem to be saying it's a "Kaijuu transforming into a human"

But as I previous posted, I strongly believe the evil Kaijuu is in fact the same as MC.

Since this Kaijuu seems to be new as in, he was still trying to figure out how to answer a phone call back in the bathroom.

And the Kaijuu was already inside of a cleaning squad, meaning the body the Kaijuu have, was already pre-existing, just like MC.

If the Kaijuu had infiltrated the squad a long time ago as a Kaijuu transformed Human, he would have long gotten used to a cell phone, and wouldn't question if he was using it right. Like a new kid getting their first cell phone.

As to say... MC was most likely suppose to also be taken over by the flying Kaijuu, but somehow didn't and he took over the flying Kaijuu and it's newly transformed body/ power.

amlgMay 6, 7:19 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
May 6, 9:52 PM

Nov 2012
can't wait for the next ep!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 7, 12:45 AM
Mar 2012
that ended fast. Kikoru agile is cool. Strange tech how the same guns are way stronger based on their suite level.
lol their gattai. Like how Reno & Kafka both very supportive.
so Endeavor causes daddy issues again, but we get all might's epic save. quite intense action & ost that shows each personality, esp the creepiness of mushroom man.
May 7, 1:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing the new Kaijuu, he can revive other Kaijuus and he can transformed in human!!!
kekeke
May 7, 3:19 AM

Jun 2019
Kafka is a nice guy and I loved Kikoru again in this episode. She was on her last legs before Kafka came in and rescued her. But mysteries have started to come out about this new intelligent Kaiju guy and then our boy Kafka also needs to be a bit more careful. Though, it looks like Kikoru now knows that Kafka is a Kaiju. So, we'll see how that goes.
May 7, 4:28 AM
Apr 2022
Dang the animation for this episode was epic, I knew it was too early for the fight to finish. Kavka really oudid himself.
May 7, 11:33 AM
Jun 2012
Fair overall production. Great performances from the cast again.

I'm still on the dub for this series and I doubt there is any reason for me to change. They are carrying it during the lull periods.

The combat scenes using Kikoru were not quite as impactful nor polished as the previous episode. Understandable, as this one was more so story key than visually appealing.

Production needs to consider returning to the previous level of quality on these sequences. For the rest of its runtime.

Lacking held consistency moving forward. After pulling off what they did. Will be met with fairly harsh reception.
May 7, 1:40 PM

Jan 2021
The animation is sick and everything is good except it lacks seriousness, one minute it’s awesome the next minute is ruined with a comedic scene. I’m watching an anime about Kaiju killing people and devastating the city so I expected more seriousness.
May 7, 11:18 PM
Dec 2021
In Episode 4 of Kaiju Number 8, the training scenario reaches its explosive climax, unveiling major twists and a significant character revelation. Kikoru's backstory takes center stage, revealing the intense pressure she faces from her father to be perfect. As she confronts a monstrous threat, flashbacks shed light on her motivations and the weight of expectations placed upon her. Meanwhile, Kafka's true identity as Kaiju Number 8 is unveiled, leading to a confrontation with Kikoru. The animation reaches new heights, capturing the intensity of the moment. As the episode concludes, a new threat emerges in the form of a humanoid kaiju infiltrating the ranks, setting the stage for thrilling encounters ahead.

May 7, 11:28 PM
Jan 2023
I see there are other kaijuu just like the mc, this will be interesting...
May 8, 4:22 AM
Dec 2021
It was just perfection at all levels
May 8, 9:22 AM

Oct 2020
I hate having to wait a week for each episode, I've been trying to save them up so I can binge them but I lost to will to resist. 😆 I enjoyed this episode a lot, but I was also worried it was going to end before we got the big transformation and battle sequence, thankfully I was wrong! The introduction of an intelligent Kaiju is interesting, I do wonder if that is a Kaiju in human form or another human like Kafka who has been "infected"?
May 8, 9:44 AM

Mar 2017
The plot is like Kiseiju anime BUT with better animations B)
Feel pain, think about pain, accept pain, know pain... Shinra Tensei!
May 8, 5:03 PM

Dec 2016
MasterHavik said:
Okay and? I mean.....I don't agree with that. Dude has had it rough so him acting like this is how he deals with things. You can't expect someone to be moody all the time when they are legit cleaning up Monster waste for god knows how long. I also feel you and others ignore how much of an underdog this guy is and how the show frames him as someone you want to root for.

Eh? I still don't get what you're trying to say.

From what I perceive in your comment, it's that ANYTHING the mc will do (within reason) will be justified just because he had a rough life? Does that actually work IRL? No it doesn't.

Why does it have to be moody instead of acting like a lab rat on coke? Why everything has to be either a 1 or a 0? Why can't he just be normal guy without being moody or extremely hyper? There is a plethora of personalities within the spectrum of both ends.

I like underdogs. I just don't like Asta levels of AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH that makes me wish he was already killed by a Kaiju and let the spot to someone else that's not built in with the lung capacity of a whale.

MasterHavik said:
I brought that up to show that his loud and brash personality at times works extremely well as this is an action comedy after all not some grim dark edgy show.

I dunno buddy. Just because it's not a grim dark show, doesn't mean it has to be full massive wig, insanely large shoe clown custome either. Like I said previously there can be plenty of "notches" in the vast gamma between grimdark and honk honk clown noises. Look at this season's Go Go Loser Ranger, it's a great balance between a moderately dark story and lighthearted comedy and still it's not on Bozo's all time high.

MasterHavik said:
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE. He isn't doing this because of friends he is doing this because he really wants to help the world and care. It's relevant because what makes him different from your standard teenager is that he has lived experience and clearly define goals. What else do you need from me? I like the show but do feel the criticism towards our MC is a little odd as it ignores aspects of his character like what I just mentioned.

There's no difference at all, you're just using word play to mansplain absolutely nothing. He's doing this for selfless reasons, and it's the same as if he was doing it for a friendship promise. He's still joining the forces anyway for SELFLESS REASONS. The only way it would be different was if he was not joining the corps at all, or if he had an actual something to gain, like money, fame, army loot, being forced by a third party, and so on.

I seriously don't see him any different than your average kind hearted teen that had a good education and a family/friends that supported him. Just because he's not gloomy or suicidal doesn't make him any different than a vast array of teen personalities and archtypes.

Hey if you like the show, more power to you. I just felt that most of your original comment was just non sensical (not that your reply is any better though)

MRD_Crowe said:
That said, man, your responses to these other comments make you come across as a total killjoy. Would it kill you to lighten up a little? It's never that serious.

Hey, good to know. Just FYI, I came here to share some insight, not to make friends ;)
KimurahMay 8, 5:22 PM
May 8, 5:27 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to Kimurah
MasterHavik said:
Okay and? I mean.....I don't agree with that. Dude has had it rough so him acting like this is how he deals with things. You can't expect someone to be moody all the time when they are legit cleaning up Monster waste for god knows how long. I also feel you and others ignore how much of an underdog this guy is and how the show frames him as someone you want to root for.

From what I perceive in your comment, it's that ANYTHING the mc will do (within reason) will be justified just because he had a rough life? Does that actually work IRL? No it doesn't.

Why does it have to be moody instead of acting like a lab rat on coke? Why everything has to be either a 1 or a 0? Why can't he just be normal guy without being moody or extremely hyper? There is a plethora of personalities within the spectrum of both ends.

I like underdogs. I just don't like Asta levels of AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH that makes me wish he was already killed by a Kaiju and let the spot to someone else that's not built in with the lung capacity of a whale.

MasterHavik said:
I brought that up to show that his loud and brash personality at times works extremely well as this is an action comedy after all not some grim dark edgy show.

I dunno buddy. Just because it's not a grim dark show, doesn't mean it has to be full massive wig, insanely large shoe clown custome either. Like I said previously there can be plenty of "notches" in the vast gamma between grimdark and honk honk clown noises. Look at this season's Go Go Loser Ranger, it's a great balance between a moderately dark story and lighthearted comedy and still it's not on Bozo's all time high.

MasterHavik said:
There is a BIG DIFFERENCE. He isn't doing this because of friends he is doing this because he really wants to help the world and care. It's relevant because what makes him different from your standard teenager is that he has lived experience and clearly define goals. What else do you need from me? I like the show but do feel the criticism towards our MC is a little odd as it ignores aspects of his character like what I just mentioned.

There's no difference at all, you're just using word play to mansplain absolutely nothing. He's doing this for selfless reasons, and it's the same as if he was doing it for a friendship promise. He's still joining the forces anyway for SELFLESS REASONS. The only way it would be different was if he was not joining the corps at all, or if he had an actual something to gain, like money, fame, army loot, being forced by a third party, and so on.

I seriously don't see him any different than your average kind hearted teen that had a good education and a family/friends that supported him. Just because he's not gloomy or suicidal doesn't make him any different than a vast array of teen personalities and archtypes.

Hey if you like the show, more power to you. I just felt that most of your original comment was just non sensical (not that your reply is any better though)

MRD_Crowe said:
That said, man, your responses to these other comments make you come across as a total killjoy. Would it kill you to lighten up a little? It's never that serious.

Hey, good to know. Just FYI, I came here to share some insight, not to make friends ;)
@Kimurah Oooh, edgelord arc it is, then. How imposing. Look, dude, in all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with sharing ideas and debating, but it's another thing to come at folks with unnecessary snark. We're talking about anime here, something I imagine most of us are passionate about, I get that part, but it involves nothing regarding the real world, so maybe, I dunno, ease up a bit if you actually want people to get what you're saying? Because the more you come with the disrespect, the less folks will be willing to hear you out. And this goes for anybody.

Or not. Just keep doing whatever makes you feel big, I guess. Let me know how that works out for you down the road.
MRD_CroweMay 8, 5:32 PM
May 8, 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to MRD_Crowe
@Kimurah Oooh, edgelord arc it is, then. How imposing. Look, dude, in all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with sharing ideas and debating, but it's another thing to come at folks with unnecessary snark. We're talking about anime here, something I imagine most of us are passionate about, I get that part, but it involves nothing regarding the real world, so maybe, I dunno, ease up a bit if you actually want people to get what you're saying? Because the more you come with the disrespect, the less folks will be willing to hear you out. And this goes for anybody.

Or not. Just keep doing whatever makes you feel big, I guess. Let me know how that works out for you down the road.
@MRD_Crowe It's like they jsut want to be prick for the sake of being a prick. This website is full of them.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 8, 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
Reply to Kimurah
MasterHavik said:

MasterHavik said:

MasterHavik said:

MRD_Crowe said:

@Kimurah You wrote a lot here so we will do paragraph by paragraph as you respond to me.

You don't get it? It's how he copes.....you didn't catch that? Also, I didn't say that. That's a strawman.

He can't be "normal" because he didn't live normal life and suddenly has his life changed with Kaiju power he has now. Also I don't see the problem with his energy as he is a professional at the end of the day. Wait you want him to be killed? WTF? LOL!

That show is a little different. I just started watching it. This is also a Shonen so that needs to be factor in. Though this just makes me ask why did you pick up this show if you're bitching this much about it? I have watched a lot of shonen in my time. This dude is already running circles around an Asta and Shinra when it comes to being an MC.

I'm not using word play to...manspilan? What....can people stop with using culture war nonsense in their arguments for no reason? What's wrong with being selfless? What's wrong with having goals? He cares about the world and this is his dream. He has tried his hardest to join this group for a very long time. You just want someone to be edgy. You're watching the wrong show for that. That's fine to have an opinion but once again I feel you are projecting trying to fit a round spot with a square piece. You're ignoring his clearly define goals, his Kaiju knowledge, and his good nature attitude to call him a teenager. He just isn't that. I don't want to go there but you know the purpose for stories like this is to have an actual likable MC, right?

While I thank you for respecting my opinion, I don't think you need to be this backhanded and standoffish with me or others here. I would take the other guy's advice as you're coming as kind of a Killjoy. I just think you're being a prick personally.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
May 9, 6:37 AM
Sep 2023
The progress of story telling is great!
May 9, 6:57 AM
Apr 2021
Omgggggggg the animation when Kafka punched that Kaiju was AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG literally my jaw dropped at how good it was, I can’t believe I get to see his first punch in front of Shinomiya🤯🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🔥🔥🔥🔥

Kafka begging Shinomiya not to say a single word was funny I love Kafka’s funny moments man he’s so jokes🤣
May 9, 9:16 AM
Nov 2022
Pure and hard action, nice

So just as there is a human that can transform into a Kaiju, there is also a Kaiju that can transform into a human? o_0
May 9, 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
I knew something would happen during that exam, that's really predictable. What I didn't expect was someone else was also like Kafka, kinda. I guess that guy also had a kaiju enter his body but it took over while Kafka managed to stay in control.
May 9, 12:28 PM
Mar 2020
MasterHavik said:
@MRD_Crowe It's like they jsut want to be prick for the sake of being a prick. This website is full of them.

Sad, but true, my friend.
May 9, 12:42 PM

Apr 2018
still no kaijuu milk...
May 9, 6:39 PM
Mar 2020
Reply to PrimeX
I knew something would happen during that exam, that's really predictable. What I didn't expect was someone else was also like Kafka, kinda. I guess that guy also had a kaiju enter his body but it took over while Kafka managed to stay in control.
@PrimeX Yeah, that scene with the kaiju hijacking that human had me thinking back to series like Parasyte. Though, I think it's been a minute since I've seen something like that in a Shounen series.
May 9, 10:12 PM

Oct 2022
I love how creepy that small kaiju was and the way he transformed into a human. Reminded me of the cockroach alien from Men In Black.
May 9, 11:42 PM

Oct 2022
New antagonist appears & instantly blending in with the humans.. Kafka better be able to sniff this new guy out sooner than later. The build up animation before that punch was great.
May 10, 4:00 AM

Oct 2022
Was hoping his Kaiju identity would stay between him and Ichikawa and that it would look like it was the suit that would give Kafka kaiju like powers but oh well. Looking forward to saturday!
May 10, 2:41 PM
Jan 2019
IT WENT SO HARD IN THIS EPISODE. GOD PLEASE GIVE ME MORE
May 10, 3:16 PM

Feb 2016
I love the loser MC. Expecting to know more about the mushroom kaiju.

I love the ending! Is much better than the opening.
May 11, 2:31 AM
Jan 2024
Novel me discussion memories programming console books thought
May 11, 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to MRD_Crowe

@MRD_Crowe

KID.

I've been watching anime for literally decades and been reading/writting comments in discussion boards for almost as long as that. I seriously don't need advice from a literal nobody like you that crawled out of nowhere and felt the need to lecture me how discussion boards work. If I ever need your personal condescending advice, I'll let you know. Thanks. Also I'm okay if frail people feel offended because I'm not sugar coating my words, I rather be blunt than catter to people.
May 11, 3:42 PM
Mar 2020
Kimurah said:
@MRD_Crowe

KID.

I've been watching anime for literally decades and been reading/writting comments in discussion boards for almost as long as that. I seriously don't need advice from a literal nobody like you that crawled out of nowhere and felt the need to lecture me how discussion boards work. If I ever need your personal condescending advice, I'll let you know. Thanks. Also I'm okay if frail people feel offended because I'm not sugar coating my words, I rather be blunt than catter to people.

Wow. Your response only proves to me that you're the frail one. You're right, I AM a nobody, so you don't even need to explain yourself to me. Like seriously, dude, chill the hell out. Again, it's never that serious.

But hey, do whatever makes you feel better about yourself, I guess. 🤷‍♂️😂
May 11, 3:44 PM

Dec 2016
MasterHavik said:
You don't get it? It's how he copes.....you didn't catch that? Also, I didn't say that. That's a strawman.

I just love it when people talk in absolutes when it comes to character writing that's very ambiguous. I don't know, I disagree that's supposed to be how he copes with reality when he's able to work just fine all the time he's been a kaiju cleaner.

MasterHavik said:
He can't be "normal" because he didn't live normal life and suddenly has his life changed with Kaiju power he has now. Also I don't see the problem with his energy as he is a professional at the end of the day. Wait you want him to be killed? WTF? LOL!

They all have lived in a kaiju infested world where more than likely they have lost someone in the so many kaiju attacks to the big cities and yet the rest of the cast and background characters seem to act fine in comparisson with Asta... I mean Kafka. Him being changed by a Kaiju doesn't really add up for him acting even more noisy, even with dumb shonen logic. Your argument is a total fallacy from the beginning.

MasterHavik said:
That show is a little different. I just started watching it. This is also a Shonen so that needs to be factor in. Though this just makes me ask why did you pick up this show if you're bitching this much about it? I have watched a lot of shonen in my time. This dude is already running circles around an Asta and Shinra when it comes to being an MC.

Why do you have to make it so personal "I just started watching it" For real dude, I don't give 2 Fs about you. This isn't twitter or facebook where you have followers and you need to explain them how you personally feel about the stuff you're consuming. If you like it, cool, I'm not judging you. Just don't put yourself in the front row and act as if everything revolves around you.

Secondly, why do you claim that I'm bitching? For real kid, anyone else that doesn't sit on the same level as you doesn't mean they are bitching. Get off your high horse, don't be an asshole just because others don't see it the same way and aren't passionate about the same things you like. Fanboys are the worst kind of fans in this medium. There's a big difference between being critical and just bitching (but seeing how you only seek peer validation and see everything as either a 1 or a 0 you probably don't see them any different).

MasterHavik said:
I'm not using word play to...manspilan? What....can people stop with using culture war nonsense in their arguments for no reason? What's wrong with being selfless? What's wrong with having goals? He cares about the world and this is his dream. He has tried his hardest to join this group for a very long time. You just want someone to be edgy. You're watching the wrong show for that. That's fine to have an opinion but once again I feel you are projecting trying to fit a round spot with a square piece. You're ignoring his clearly define goals, his Kaiju knowledge, and his good nature attitude to call him a teenager. He just isn't that. I don't want to go there but you know the purpose for stories like this is to have an actual likable MC, right?

See again you're just using buzzwords and grandiloquence. You said a whole bunch of nothing in order to cover up that I called you out. It makes no difference if he joins the forces for selfess reasons. Also no, I never said I want him to be edgy (nice strawman) I just said that it would had been more pleasant if he was less obnoxiously loud.

MasterHavik said:
While I thank you for respecting my opinion, I don't think you need to be this backhanded and standoffish with me or others here. I would take the other guy's advice as you're coming as kind of a Killjoy. I just think you're being a prick personally.

And you're being a massive, condescending fanboy. You know what they say about people who live in glass houses who cast stones.

MasterHavik said:
It's like they jsut want to be prick for the sake of being a prick. This website is full of them.

I'm pretty sure you're also on top of the prick list too, not to mention being a petty guy that needs to "gossip" with someone whose on your same side for easy validation.

KimurahMay 11, 4:00 PM
May 11, 3:47 PM

Dec 2016
MRD_Crowe said:
Wow. Your response only proves to me that you're the frail one. You're right, I AM a nobody, so you don't even need to explain yourself to me. Like seriously, dude, chill the hell out. Again, it's never that serious.

But hey, do whatever makes you feel better about yourself, I guess. 🤷‍♂️😂

Cool, let me archive your unsolicited advice in my folder with the many other nobodies that felt the need to lecture me. Have a nice day.
May 11, 10:23 PM
Apr 2021
Kafka to me is a more likeable underdog story than Deku's in MHA.
May 12, 12:12 AM

Jul 2008
Princess finally got taken down a notch....and of course another human that can transform into a kaiju...cause its shonen.
May 12, 4:41 PM
Jun 2013
wow kikoru dad sure is an ass no wonder she got daddy issues. I have a feeling shes going to get attached to kafka as a dad surrogate since he actually gave her positive reinforcement. Every time kafka acts goofy as a kaiju is always funny. I'm guessing those parasites succeeded in fully controling some other people. Kind of figured this would happen as we can just keep fighting mindless kaiju.
May 13, 8:08 AM

Dec 2022
Some spicy things definitely happened in this episode featuring a new antagonist who's just like Kafka with his kaiju powers and can also blend within humanity. Wonder how they're gonna deal with it.

May 14, 10:45 AM
May 2020
Great Anime, Hope there will be a season 2.
May 17, 3:47 PM
Jun 2021
i love the laughs and the intense moments.
May 18, 5:54 AM
May 2024
It was very exciting to see the old man building a bond and training.
May 19, 4:24 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode. Shinomiya may be a brat but she definitely earned her right to downtalk people with her skill. Curious upbringing though.

Kafka could be her emotional support dad lol
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 19, 8:25 PM

Jun 2015
Best episode so far. So it's not Attack on Titan, it's Parasyte. Much better.
Read Toriko!
May 21, 4:21 AM
Feb 2022
he revealed his identity to kikoru a mistake but was cool, kikoru never feeling a father's love or being complimented honestly or being cared about was getting all giddy when Kafka was relieved she was alright.
only that she is half of Kafka's age I think if not I'd be shipping them both
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Is this the new PEAK anime?

_OGGY_ - 3 hours ago

20 by GTRaijin »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 8

130 by _OGGY_ »»
3 hours ago

» Kikoru battle axe

section96 - Jun 8

9 by DayRivia »»
Yesterday, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ricky16 - Apr 27

206 by Mc_Sauce786 »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

deg - Apr 20

239 by Mc_Sauce786 »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.