Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 7, 6:19 PM

Aug 2022
I'm not sure I have the strength to write a comment for this episode... I'm just shocked! I'll just say that... umm... I like how the anime gave Ah Duo and Jinshi's hair different shades of purple!? 😂 Jokes aside, the royal family tree is obviously very complex, but I would have never expected that... Well, I can certainly tell we're about to reach the climax of the first part of the story, and that scene with Jinshi almost had me in tears too... I'm really loving this show ❤️
Feb 9, 10:23 PM
Jul 2022
I'm a bit confused by this idea that they babies may have been switched - why? There was no reason to switch them if both children were healthy, right?
Feb 19, 12:25 PM
Aug 2022
So to sum up jinshin could be Ah-Duo's son and maomao's father is an eunuch (unless it's a translation error I watch with French sub)so maomao could actually be the emperor's sister and would be jinshin's aunt
Feb 23, 3:58 PM
Jul 2023
The connection of the story arc is really good. The anime definitely satisfies
Feb 23, 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks god I actually read this in the manga and novel because it's actually a lot more clear there.

From ''the moment he was taken'' to ''the moment he left'', is quite a difference..
Feb 24, 3:48 AM
Jun 2021
i love the main characters, especially maomao. the main couple is also cute. the thrill is whenever maomao is in action involving drugs or poisons.
Mar 1, 11:48 PM

Oct 2013
Holy moly, who would've though that this case would become so convoluted and would reveal so many secrets!

I hope Maomao will be alright. She is apparently connected somehow to Fengming. Or maybe it's another part of her adopted father's past?

Jinshi might be actually the emperor's brother, hah. I wasn't surprised hearing Maomao considering this possibility. Jinshi and A-Duo looked alike, after all. Plus such trope we could see, with swapping babies important for the dynasty, would fit into that kind of stories.

Poor Lishu, but at least one of her servants seems to have changed. Too bad it's the servant the most endangered to die by getting poisoned, as a tester, lol.

Going back to Fengming, RIP. She had a plenty of interesting looking close-ups in this episode:

Mar 7, 3:46 PM

May 2016
Take off your eyes for couple seconds and you missed tones of information that given to the viewers like those lectures you have on the main subjects in university... That's how much focus I needed to fully digest this episode.

Though I still didn't get what Jinshi said at the ending, about Maomao being kidnapped and what was the connection with her and Fengming family members.
Mar 11, 1:39 AM
Feb 2024
nice episode, maomao is so smart lmfao
jinshi crying was sad :,) somehow he makes crying pretty...
Mar 17, 6:36 AM
Jun 2019
was refreshing seeing jinshi show emotions
Mar 25, 1:44 AM

Jun 2020
What a great episode man.

All of the stuff relating to Fengming was morally thought provoking, and I didnt think she would be executed to easily. Also Jinshi's identity has been hinted throughout the series but very explicably this episode, personally I realized it in the beginning and I'm glad that the ending confirmed it.

Apr 9, 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
So Jinshi is actually Ah-Duo's son? I've seen the empress and they look alike too
Apr 12, 7:25 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
In short, the lady in waiting is to be blamed by accidentally killed the baby of Ah-Duo with honey, and when that young Concubine came to her and said honey almost killed as a baby, this lady saw her as a threat, and not waiting Ah-Duo to find out, tries to kill her.
Unsucessfuly as we seen in past episodes, but it lead to this investigation, thus a servant of Ah-Duo, knowing about this and wanting to save the lady in wait's (Feng something) hide, kills herself to prevent attention to Feng to come up again.

And Feng chooses to take the blame for trying to kill the younger concubine Lings something, and die, to avoid having Ah-Duo, not only notice, but also avoid her having problems with such a scandal that could destroy her life, since hey, these are her's servants!

In the middle of all of this, Ah-Duo son (which would be the first son of the current emperor) is not truly dead but was switched, with the son of the previous emperor (which is the dad of the current emperor), thus Jinshi is actually YES the son of Ah-Duo, and the son of the current emperor, NOT his brother.

I think the current emperor and Jinshin may know this, same for Ah-Duo, which would make that scene with both drinking together very meaningful and the same goes for the scene before and after it.

To summarize, an amazing episode with all these revelations, now will Maomao ever realize she was spot on?
Apr 14, 12:06 AM

Feb 2019
gotta admit, that moment between jinshi and maomao was pure delight, and a moment of pure vulnerability on jinshi's end. and it was so nice of her to indulge his tearful request hehehe
Apr 17, 12:09 PM

May 2010
How were the babies swap? That seems like it should be impossible to do.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 17, 2:26 AM
Jul 2016
Oh this episode was off the chart. Maomao's confrontation of Fengming, all the connections and secrets being revealed while building so much tension about Maomao's safety, so so good. The tragedy of Ah-Duo and the secret identity of Jinshi just add even more complexity. So excited to see where it all goes. Hearing how much has yet to be revealed in the web novel is driving me crazy, I need to know!!
My Candies:
May 29, 5:03 AM
Nov 2020
Woww should've expect that coming
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Nov 4, 2023

158 by Anshika_Sh »»
14 minutes ago

» What year does apothecary diary takes place?

hercules28 - Apr 12

5 by bryanyuchen »»
Yesterday, 10:38 AM

» Fun fact about Maomao

Fukoku - Oct 22, 2023

11 by bryanyuchen »»
Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6

106 by Mattinator95 »»
Jun 8, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 17

246 by yalinarul »»
Jun 6, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.