Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 2023 10:09 AM

May 2018
1. Grotesque comedy? Kind of not funny tho.
2. How this guy looks so healthy and has so much energy after working for a black company for so long? How is he able to do such stunts and parcour tricks, since he haven't any good training for at least 3 years. Like the people with low social status, no important connections/sources of information and no extra money to spend are the first victims in any disaster.
For a social commentary thin thing here is weak.
3. Why there's electricity?
4. Kore wa usefull pen desu.

Will watch this, just to see how absurd it gets.
Jul 9, 2023 10:14 AM

Aug 2013
What manner of sorcery is this animation? whew lads, this is gonna be fun. Very interesting off the jumper.

man really got "NTR'd" out the gate, funny how that was relatively the one predictable moment out of this in the office setting
DedPandaJul 9, 2023 10:19 AM
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 9, 2023 10:21 AM
Aug 2016
This show seems like so much fun! Can't wait to see more!
Jul 9, 2023 10:27 AM
Nov 2022
IT'S FUCKING GOOD!!!!!

I already had some hype for it from before, wow it did meet my expectations; It certainly aims to be one of the best anime of the season.

I liked the protagonist from the first moment, he's a bit clumsy but he's still very mature and intelligent, I hope he stays that way.

It was clear that Ohtori was doing "something" to avoid being exploited in that company xddd

I liked how they represented labor exploitation; Believe it or not, these types of companies do exist (and sometimes there are worse ones).

I like the concept, it seems that it is not going to be so serious and it is going to go more towards the side of comedy and satire, which I like a lot.

I'm already looking forward to next week's episode.
Jul 9, 2023 10:30 AM

Feb 2020
I was NOT expecting movie level animation like that... This is going to be a certified banger
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2023 10:30 AM

Jun 2015
Not even halfway through and this is already amazing. Genuinely surprised. Guess the studio goes full out with their first anime. Hopefully they will keep this quality up.
5/5
Jul 9, 2023 10:42 AM

Dec 2016
I'm a bit conflicted on how I feel about this premiere.

Sure, the production values are insanely high with the really impressive sakuga action scenes and the funky colors to represent the break from the lifeless and colorless life of corporate Akira. But... I can't help to feel that the black company startup was a bit too stretched out for my liking. I mean, we could have easily understood that he works for a black company with around 5 minutes of video footage and still not feel like we missed anything important. Ohtori becoming a zombie to be featured in the climax of the episode was also quite telegraphed due how she was just a person of interest for Akira with very short screentime. There's also the implementation of dark humor, or how not to screwup dark humor to the point that you just want to turn on your phone and scroll while the "hah hah, we're being exploited but I got a bigger deck because I sacrificed myself more than you" jokes is being played for the 15th time.

At least now that everything has gone to heck and the black company is a thing of the past, I'm hoping that the rest of the series will be more comedy/action oriented making it more enjoyable for both the MC and the audience.
Jul 9, 2023 10:44 AM
Mar 2017
I thought Undead Murder Farce was probably going to be the best of the season. This tops it =P.
Jul 9, 2023 10:50 AM
Jun 2021
Why is not Amamiya Sora in the cast?? Otori had her voice in the first episode... 🤔
Jul 9, 2023 11:05 AM
Mar 2023
The way this anime is going from a monochrome black and white color where everyone is depressed and overworked to this colorful apocalyptic is just amazing. The way the animation is and the frames of each scene is honestly like One Piece. Honestly almost a 10/10 from me on ep 1.
Jul 9, 2023 11:06 AM

Oct 2022
Incredible first episode, animation was so good, and I'm so excited for the rest of the show. This could definitely be a contender for AOTS which is insane considering the competition. 
Jul 9, 2023 11:06 AM

Aug 2020
Men would literally prefer to live in zombie apocalypse than be in daily office job life. Great debut ep. slick animation. 

And not to mention it feels younger brother of HOTD(one of the most entertaining anime)
Jul 9, 2023 11:08 AM

Oct 2014
Way better than I expected it to be, love the use of colours, and the critique of Japanese salaryman work ethics.

If it will manage to keep up remains to be seen, but it passed the vibe check.
Jul 9, 2023 11:10 AM

Oct 2017
I seriously dont get the thinking process/ logic of Japanese.
If a company has low pay, insane workload, why not... just quit and find a new one?
He is still very young so why is he so afraid of switching job? Is not like he doesn't has choice. 
In reality a lot of jobs are short in manpower nowadays, and a lot of them dont require specific professionalism
He doesn't want to burden other people? So zombie apocalypse is not burdening ppl, including the good ppl too? 
If he is worrying about the rant/ food, in zombie apocalypse you dont even have safe shelter, nor internet, nor clean water/ nor electricity. 

I just dont understand Japanese thinking process, getting the priority wrong.  They rather have zombie apocalypse than just being jobless.
You have so many options, so many ways to survive (Japanese has a full system to help jobless/ incomeless ppl). yet you choose not to use it, and then wish the world ends to make you happy, isn't that double standard? 

Guess i am being a bit too serious but i just dont get a lot of Japanese author's thinking process. 
The author want to make you think he has no choice but he has plenty of choices but just choose not to see it.
Why do they rather have no internet, no shelter, risky environment,  than just quit their job to end their suffering themselves?  
He can still live/ using internet/ eat/ enjoying entertainment even if he quit the job, but he can do none of it in post apocalypse. 
Maybe i just seen too many serious post apocalypse story/ plot to know that anyone who wish for zombie apocalypse or world destruction are extremely dumb and short sighted.

ps: A bit nitpick about last scene. There's no way that shop still has electricity after such destruction, and no-way survivors or shop owner not trying to stockpile their resources for the shop during post apocalypse.  Guess I shouldn't take the setting too seriously .
Ventus_SJul 9, 2023 11:45 AM
Jul 9, 2023 11:21 AM

Feb 2008
This was way better than I anticipated!
Jul 9, 2023 11:22 AM
Sep 2021
loool this anime looks like it's going to be a right laugh. Nice first episode
Jul 9, 2023 11:29 AM

May 2019
While the production values are high I thought that the premise of the zombies appearing out of nowhere was a bit random, so maybe this is all a dream. I thought it was a bit strange how Akira was so excited to not work that he doesn't seem to care much for the hundreds of zombies roaming around.

However, I am curious as to how he will accomplish his bucket list of items with the aforementioned zombies roaming around, unless he goes to areas that are not yet infected with zombies, we'll see.
Jul 9, 2023 11:31 AM

Sep 2017
What a fucking insane premise lmao. I love the jokes "an inside look into Mappa studio" lmao Japan is a fucking toxic country. This is certainly an extreme example of what it can be like. I don't have statistics but I feel confident to say there have been companies that have been as bad as what was depicted here. The total lack of agency is insane. Like just quit. "If these zombies don't chill out I'll be late for work" to then "omg the world has ended. That means I don't have to work tomorrow." Just insanity. Well I'm sure the actual story is going to be nothing to do with work culture anymore given the title and what our MC set out to do at the end here. The production was super high quality so this should be fun.
Jul 9, 2023 11:32 AM

Dec 2021
Very impressive start, maybe this show will cure my zombie-fatigue. Animation was movie-level, like top top tier. 
Jul 9, 2023 11:33 AM
Feb 2022
I was blown away by the animation, so crisp and also a lot of creative potrayal of the situation in hand, the "colorful" blood is also a nice touch, honestly sleeper for anime of the season
Jul 9, 2023 11:34 AM
Apr 2023
excellent start, it's going to be a strong anime if it keeps up or betters the drama's portraited in this episode
Jul 9, 2023 11:41 AM
Sep 2017
This episode made me reconsider applying to a company that I knew deep down would be a bad fit for me.
I shall take this as divine providence.
Jul 9, 2023 11:46 AM

Feb 2018
Having not read much of the manga I was still curious to see how they the first episode would turn out, and I would say it as done unexpectedly well.
I think they did a great job at being able to capture the absolute despair of working at a company like that.
The manga did it well in its first chapter, but this adaptation seems to have more of an impact.
Seeing the joy he has when he knows he doesn't have to work any more was also done really well, you could just see how much weight was lifted off his shoulders with him now not having to care any more.
Same goes for his confession, did a good job with that too I think.
Overall I would say I was quite surprised with the quality of this first episode, so hopefully that will keep up as it goes on, as well as still being engaging!
Jul 9, 2023 11:50 AM
May 2023
No not with a garbage boss

So far so good I like how he running from the work and use zombies as an excuse like what I wish to do right about now
Jul 9, 2023 11:51 AM

Jun 2023
Oh, this is gonna be LIT.
What have you done today to deserve your eyes?

Jul 9, 2023 11:52 AM
May 2019
I am a bit conflicted on this one. The first part was very good, but when the zombies appeared, and despite accepting its high production values, things did not click for me. Perhaps too unrealistic for my taste. The rainbow colors everywhere do not help, but also jumping out of buildings, and stuff like that. I will apply the 3 ep rule and see how this goes, because I'd like to like this, especially considering how poor this season is.
Jul 9, 2023 11:52 AM

Sep 2020
Absolute cinema (⁠๑⁠♡⁠⌓⁠♡⁠๑⁠)
Jul 9, 2023 11:59 AM

Sep 2018
Wow.

I don't think I've ever been as impressed with a first episode before. It was literally so breathtakingly amazing that I want to watch it again despite just having finished it.

The direction is just absolutely phenomenal: it hooks you right in from the very first second with that intense POV and overall the pacing and flow of the prologue was just flawless. Using zombies as both a plot device and an allegory for enslaving oneself to work may seem like an obvious connection to make, but this show nails it through brilliant execution without feeling stale. Throughout the episode there's just so much visual detail to support the storytelling all the way from the dynamic animation and the fluid, cinematic camera movement to the color palette and its symbolic value through rediscovering the vibrancy of the world. Our main character is also a very peculiar persona especially considering he's the face of a seinen story, but that makes it all the more interesting to see where we'll go from here.

I have nothing but limitless amounts of praise to give. Saying I enjoyed this is a major understatement but for the lack of a better word, I REALLY DID.

Jul 9, 2023 12:07 PM
Jan 2022
might be my favorite anime this season
Jul 9, 2023 12:09 PM

Jun 2017
It was pretty good, let's see how it goes from here. Didn't expect the feels at the end, press F gor ugly bastarded accountant.

Also, if you ever encounter a workplace like this, quit instantly, it's not gonna get better....
Jul 9, 2023 12:10 PM

Jul 2014
This was great, and on a Sunday before a work day just hits right lmao

I cant wait for the rest of the episodes
Jul 9, 2023 12:20 PM

May 2016
lol is this guy a cuck? 
"who cares if she is some side chick" lmfao
Jul 9, 2023 12:22 PM
May 2021
This Gonna be a Dark horse of the season!
Jul 9, 2023 12:28 PM

Aug 2022
I have high hopes for this anime. Also I like how colorful it is.
Jul 9, 2023 12:40 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Dark horse of Summer 2023. New studio on the rise!

I'm very impressed by the episode execution.
Jul 9, 2023 12:52 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
What a good direction. I especially loved the fact about the colorful zombies. It's not only visually attractive, it's also a very good representation of Akira Tendou's new life. 5/5.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Jul 9, 2023 12:57 PM
May 2018
This could very well be anime of the year.
Jul 9, 2023 1:00 PM
Nov 2015
Best FiRST EP of all time
Jul 9, 2023 1:02 PM
Jul 2017
The whole episode was really amazing! The animation just blew my mind, it was so beautiful piece of art. The plot is also very clever and I am looking forward to other episodes. <3
Jul 9, 2023 1:12 PM

Mar 2008
What a depressing life to live.

This is pretty fun.
Jul 9, 2023 1:15 PM
Nov 2019
The build up to the end was fantastic. I can already tell this series is going to be amazing.
Jul 9, 2023 1:17 PM
Jan 2021
Really enjoyed this first episode and was surprised in a positive way! I loved the production and especially animation - very unique. looking forward to continue
Jul 9, 2023 1:22 PM
Feb 2019
Siempre termino viendo TODO lo relacionado con Zombies, la verdad que siempre me ha gustado lo que seria vivir en un Apocalipsis y si, quisiera que pasara, pero a la vez no, por que eso lleva a muchas cosas y bueno, por un sueño no quiero joder el de otros XD
Jul 9, 2023 1:23 PM
Nov 2022
NTR, explotación laboral y zombies, casi, la vida en latam.
Jul 9, 2023 1:24 PM

Dec 2022
Great first episode!
Jul 9, 2023 1:29 PM

Jan 2021
Interesting first episode, its a colorful anime to say the least with an interesting aspect to it. I rarely watch zombie anime so yeah.

Akira was happy when he landed a place at his new job and he thought its a nice atmosphere and there he also meets Saori, a coworker that works there and he falls in love with her. They have a party that night but they return back to work in the middle of the night. Akira doesn't know what to do she just works everyday without barely sleeping and he even doesn't see the point in life anymore but only one person could keep his spirts up and that's Saori but when Saori brings him the food, a boss calls for her and some naughty things happen behind the doors and now he has heard that as well.

Akira doesn't see the point in working anymore so he becomes a shut-in in his own home. One day he makes himself ready to go work again but he forgets to pay his bike space ticket so he goes to the manager of the building but the manager is being eaten by a zombie. Akira doesn't believe his eyes so he runs away. Akira sees now the world in colors again and not in monochrome anymore. He doesn't care if Saori is someone's side chick so he goes and check ups on her and when entering the house he sees his boss being a zombie so he kills it. Akira then notices a woman and the woman is Saori who also turned into a zombie, his first love has sadly turned into a zombie. He says goodbye to her and continues to a store for some drinks and then he decides there to create his own bucket list.
Jul 9, 2023 1:32 PM

Feb 2019
Is this the best first episode of an anime since AoT?
Jul 9, 2023 1:34 PM
Jul 2016
I think this is an interesting take of the zombie myth. The zombie myth originated with the Haitian slaves back in the 1600s. A myth meant to deter slaves from committing suicide, as their souls would not be able to return to lan guinée - aka the afterlife. Instead, they would be forced to labor as undead slaves in the Hispaniola plantations for eternity.

The anime kinda goes back to the roots of the zombie myth, by having a main character work for a black company. He's basically a wage slave.

Hooray for zombie folklore.
Jul 9, 2023 1:42 PM
Jan 2023
It is a reminder that life is more than a timecard-punching exercise. The writing is bleak and weak but it is nicely absurd and hammers home the key message all the time
Jul 9, 2023 1:43 PM
Jan 2022
omg I loved this so much. The covers the running scene I literally love this anime so much has to be my new favourite!! <33
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

245 by Muow »»
May 30, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

75 by Muow »»
May 30, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2023

68 by Muow »»
May 30, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2023

166 by Muow »»
May 29, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Zom 100: Zombie ni Naru made ni Shitai 100 no Koto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2023

311 by 0BIII »»
May 26, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.