Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 3, 2022 2:57 AM

Sep 2011
BetaMaleUltra said:
I'm sure someone mentioned this already, but for half the episode this was just Aharen-san Can't Communicate
this comparison will probably stop being brought up relatively soonish. Aharen is a much wackier series and aharen herself is generally fairly extroverted shes just quiet.

The way this starts absolutly feels similar so hopefully people that actually like the komi vibes wont be too let down when its not similar in the end.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 3, 2022 3:56 AM
Dec 2021
Best New Anime on Spring this year!! 10/10 for Ep1...

Aharen acts is so cute and hilarious!! Yes, she look like Kanna from Kobayashi Dragon Maid, also they sitting on next of each other remind me of Karakai Jouzu Takagi-san, and she look like a cute sister of Raidou (MC)...

First scene, I thought she can't talk loudly and remind me of Komi-san, but when the middle of episode, bruh lmao she can talk normally, my thought about she is Komi-san is destroyed, and what, she doesn't even similar to Komi-san, cuz she doesn't embarrassing much than Komi-san, so I think she look like Mashiro Shiina from Sakurasou (based on what I remember on that Anime)...

Yes, she pro at arcade games, and she give her first gift to Raidou, yes bunny doll desu (but I think she give it to him cuz she has a lot of doll in her home lol), and that scene, when Raidou get ready to sleep, lmao he put the bunny doll position above him on bed like the bunny doing cult thing hahaha...

My comment about their relationship, they look like Onii-chan and Imouto (Brother and Sister), sometimes I can see their relationship like Father and Daughter (remind me of Anime "My Senpai is Annoying"), but more better thinking they look like Onii-chan and Imouto relationship with a bit of couple relationship, they're best partner ngl, this school slice of life Anime was AMAZING!!

About the OP and ED song, it's pretty nice and chill, this song is too amazing even it's not my taste (Eh Jpop still including on my taste..), still nice song too, fit well into the Anime...

Again, AHAREN IS TOO CUTE!!!
(no Im not lolicon, why not if I said she is cute, not mean I have love feeling on her)
Best Girl Spring 2022
Yes she look like Kanna...
Apr 3, 2022 4:17 AM

Nov 2019
Here we go again. Komi-san 3.0. 3/5.

Get a room already.
SgtBateManApr 3, 2022 4:51 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Apr 3, 2022 4:42 AM
Jul 2019
I really liked this first EP.It has everything to be the cutest anime of the season.
Apr 3, 2022 5:14 AM

May 2018
AHAREN IS SO CUTE! What a absolutely adorable episode, made my heart melt and made my jaw hurt after smiling so much. This is exactly the typa anime I wanna watch I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!

This anime be solidifying my urge to protect her AT ALL COSTS <3
Apr 3, 2022 6:13 AM

Oct 2008
i thought this is gonna be another Komi but then Kuudere loli Aharen-chan spoke!
very fitting VA choice Minase Inori!
5/5.

Apr 3, 2022 7:29 AM
Jan 2021
for a first episode this was really cute and having two goofs as the MCs makes it better! cant wait for next episode.
Apr 3, 2022 8:06 AM
Mar 2021
Is it romance or just slice of life ???
Apr 3, 2022 8:21 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I like how the first one that him needed to talk was that petite lady near the window. Based judgement. Ah so its Takuma was the one behind Raido, and as i already know its Minori behind Aharen. I appreciate all your effort to known Aharen. But holy shit Aharen can be that hard to tell and idk why you manage to stay sane beside her xd. The oped are already out too, which actually my preference; simple yet so cute. Not many time since Maoujou de Oyasumi as the last, having Minori character to be that wack. But there she goes, Aharen-san wa Hakaranai. So that's it, the story about the patience tall flat-looking boy named Raiden, and one little girl with an uneasy way to approach, Aharen. As cliche as its plot can be evolve as some of the typical similar comedy show like these, i am hoping some little romance can also be sparks around those two, and ofc on its funny way. Or this is never touch to that area? Well, lets see next then!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 3, 2022 8:36 AM

Apr 2020
This is insanely cute. The mcs are both likeable and TrySail in the op is a bonus.
Apr 3, 2022 9:30 AM

Jan 2022
fun first episode, definitely wasn't expecting Aharen and Raidou to become friends so quickly
the art style is also very cute ^^
Apr 3, 2022 10:06 AM

Jul 2011
Very cute start. This might be the comfy show of the season. Getting slight Chino vibes from Aharen.
Apr 3, 2022 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely gave me Komi-san vibes at first glance, but this one less exaggerated. Started off really wholesome and heartwarming, looking forward for more.
Apr 3, 2022 11:42 AM

Nov 2009
Excellent as expected. The main heroine can pretty much carry this no matter what but the overall quality is good anyway.
Apr 3, 2022 12:19 PM
Jan 2021
Love both the op and ed, anime is cute and all, but I get the feeling this will be very forgettable... and not one that I'll look forward/care to watch on the day it releases. Good for watching while eating haha
Apr 3, 2022 3:21 PM

Apr 2020
Hakarenai is certainly a word I'll be hearing a lot throughout this show, and after watching Aharen-san, I think I relate to her character, because sometimes when I chat with someone...they don't hear my damn words.

This is my SoL show of the season, that's for damn sure. Due to an ABUNDANCE of romcom this Spring, this one is basically vanilla without the sugar of romance. But I do admit that Aharen-san getting close to Raido is half lucky for his bastard ass and half...weird Especially that last scene where her bottoms is on full display to our boy, if he was a beast then his eyes will be feasting right now.

But aside from the MC's name having a close similarity with my real name, I think this show will be good. I hope it'll be fresh because this is basically Komi Lite with a big mix of Tanaka.
Apr 3, 2022 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
Crimson1364 said:
Is it romance or just slice of life ???

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 3, 2022 4:28 PM

Oct 2020
Es un buen anime. Me agradan los personajes y como dijeron los 👆 y lo diran los de 👇 tiene un buen desarrollo y una decente utilización de su material.
Apr 3, 2022 4:59 PM
Sep 2021
eu achei bem fofinhinho o anime, a op e bem boa mesmo muito bom
Apr 3, 2022 5:02 PM
Mar 2021
This is one of my top 3 rtn for seires
Apr 3, 2022 6:00 PM
Oct 2021
Tfw all the season animes end at the same couple of weeks and you casually don't start the upcoming ones. I skipped all the Winter-2022-related, and THIS ONE made me come back at it. And God, it was worth it.

Liked the OP, definitely loved the ED, it was so catchy. The VAs so far fit the characters perfectly.

And that little teaser at the end feels just GLORIOUS.
Looking forward to watching the next 11 episodes with y'all people, this looks so good.

Me and the boys finally watching the Aharen-san adaptation.

Apr 3, 2022 6:49 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,that was,really good!!!
OP-top notch
ED-Really cute
Character voices were about as good as they could have got.

All in all,a damn fine start,hope they keep this up.
And the after credits,Aharen-san sleeping on Raido in such an outrageous position was hilarious!
Apr 3, 2022 7:12 PM
Jul 2019
Super cute episode, I hope it's cute until the end.
Apr 3, 2022 9:30 PM

Aug 2021
You couldn't miss the draft drop... it always works.
Apr 3, 2022 9:45 PM

Jul 2016
Cute and wholesome show. The MCs are likeable. Just good vibes and strong first episode

Apr 3, 2022 10:25 PM
Nov 2021
It's very strange but also funny anime.I'm looking forward to the next episodes.
Apr 3, 2022 10:43 PM

Mar 2019
I LOVE HERRRRRR SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

The Waifu (Reina) and Anime of the Season is here!!!

THANK GOD and Mizu Asato for this adaptation... the manga is already a GEM (One of my All-Time FAVORITES), but the adaptation... a new level of Aharen...!!!

5/5 First Episode...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 3, 2022 10:56 PM

Feb 2021
At first, I thought this Anime will be similar to Komi-san who doesn't know how to talk with people.

I love how they introduce the background of the MC and it's quite laughable at how cocky the man that searching for any way to make her talks and he's quite emotionless :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 4, 2022 1:35 AM

Mar 2013
This is really refreshing to watch and probably more so to read...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 4, 2022 3:24 AM
Aug 2021
Wholesome new anime and Aharen is so adorable

I'm very happy Inorin voicing Aharen

The OP and the ED is catchy for the first time I heard

I'm looking forward to the next episode!
Apr 4, 2022 3:55 AM
Jul 2021
Basically, it's inverse loli komi san
Apr 4, 2022 5:51 AM

Feb 2019
Japan, I know you like to use recorders in music to evoke elementary school, youth, innocence, whatever, but you gotta stop. They are discordant monstrosities that should not exist, in school, in music, in the world. This didn't make the best first impression by quietly announcing "So there's a girl," then launching straight into the screaming JPop opening, and from there, into the morose protagonist narrating everything while being drowned out by deafening, shrill recorders and a piano score barely fit for elevator music. What is it about today that wants to spit in the face of the concept of music? At least stay in tune. The same thing happens when the awful ED kicks in. At least level out your volume.

I guess at least there's not much shouting-as-humor, though the music more than makes up for paining my ears. It's still all over the place, trying to split the difference between ridiculous gag slapstick and touching down to earth dramedy. There's no depth to the characters though, just the usual "I want to be friends, but I have a social tic, which is stopping me but not actually in any way," so the drama is superficial at most, and a lot of the jokes are essentially non sequiturs. Which isn't to say there aren't a few decent ones here and there, mainly the more understated sight gags like being bombarded with thrown notes in the bathroom, but so much of it is very formulaic and transparent setup, joke has been made with silly sound effect, smash cut to next bit. Some overall structure or the barest minimum of a sitcom storyline would have done this a whole lot of good, but so would have firing whoever was in charge of the music out of a cannon.
Apr 4, 2022 6:28 AM

May 2009
Cute and funny chill show. Will definitely give this a shot. :-)
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 4, 2022 8:55 AM

May 2021
most slice of slice or romance shows have a stand out between the main characters for me personally—I always notably like one more than the others (while still liking all of them for the most part)
this show reminds me of watching horimiya just based on the fact that i immediately liked the two leads both a lot and equally
glad i gave it a random watch as i’ll be happily tuning into the rest of the season, it really was an enjoyable first episode
Apr 4, 2022 9:41 AM

Mar 2014
It's cute and all but too bad the show is boring, the characters are not interesting and the jokes are unfunny

I hope it will improve
Apr 4, 2022 10:00 AM

May 2009
Nirinbo said:
- take Komi-san can't Communicate
- replace the main girl with a loli
- remove everything that made it interesting, especially in terms of visual presentation
- here's Aharen-san

What's so interesting about Komi-san? I like both series but I don't see anything particular? Aharen doesn't have huge cast that gets wasted and doesn't ruin the manga with love triangle.
Apr 4, 2022 10:40 AM

Jun 2016
very adorable aharen-san !!

Apr 4, 2022 11:19 AM

Sep 2018
bastek66 said:
Nirinbo said:
- take Komi-san can't Communicate
- replace the main girl with a loli
- remove everything that made it interesting, especially in terms of visual presentation
- here's Aharen-san

What's so interesting about Komi-san? I like both series but I don't see anything particular? Aharen doesn't have huge cast that gets wasted and doesn't ruin the manga with love triangle.

Directing, even though I must say that the first episode of Komi-san is deceitfully much better than the rest.

Writing is less important to me in these cases, since there's only so much you can to with the overused slice of life + school setting. I just need likable characters.
Apr 4, 2022 9:31 PM

May 2009
Why are main dudes always so tall in anime urhgh, I can already tell I won't like this, the obsession with girls shutting up and being just above dick height with 'quirky' tastes is so tired I can't. But whatever, I'll watch it. Bring back my dress up darling, this ain't it.
IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ODDTAXI OR SAIKI K I'LL BONK YOU IN THE HEAD

Apr 5, 2022 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
Surprisingly enjoyable
Apr 5, 2022 7:25 AM

Jun 2013
That was a really cute first episode
Apr 5, 2022 7:31 AM

Jan 2021
Surprisingly very enjoyable. Aharen made me think that maybe if Komi-san and Seki-kun had a child, it would be her lol xD. She is indeed adorable, and Raidou is a good guy. Loved the OP and ED as well!

Apr 5, 2022 9:55 PM

Oct 2021
It’s a bilibili Production and the character designs are consistent for the first episode and the atmosphere of the background art is refreshing to watch , Animation wise it’s good nothing ground breaking but satisfying.
As for the story it’s wholesome but sometime it felt boring when the characters like raidou and aharen both have a statue face without any expressions for the whole episode.
Aharen also have communication problems and raidou here being tadano it’s just like Komi can’t communicate.
I hope they bring some new elements in upcoming episodes
Apr 6, 2022 3:28 AM
Aug 2020
Gotta be honest, I just gave this a chance because I saw a meme of it, lol. I liked it, there is definitely something here.
Apr 6, 2022 4:06 AM

Jul 2021
So the first cute SoL of the season is here and it sure is pretty entertaining to watch. Aharen is just so smol and cute, indeed like a doll that you can just carry with yourself everywhere lol.

The OP and ED are pretty decent.

The epsiode started out in a great way, capturing viewer's attention, I was engrossed in it immediately.

This episode had lots of really funny moments, I was laughing audibly multiple times.

Though I would like to add that some of the things were very predictable and cliche but that's okay as it didn't take away from the enjoyment.

It's just first week of new season and I feel like Aharen is already a competitor in the best girls of this season, solely because of her cuteness.

The concept that Aharen doesn't have any idea about "how close you can get to a person" is interesting and funny. Most of the funny moments were only because how abruptly and without any second thought Aharen invaded Raido's personal space, though it was adorable how she kept hugging him lol.

5/5 episode. Looking forward to next one, the ending was good, they gave us something we should look forward to next week, the mysterious girl peeking in on Raido and Aharen.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Apr 6, 2022 6:49 AM
Jul 2019
The babe really looks like Kanna
Apr 6, 2022 6:51 AM
Jul 2019
I love me some SOL and this looking to fulfill its purpose
Apr 6, 2022 11:55 AM

May 2011
holy shit this is too good! Good ol' SOL and CGDCT combined and very well adapted! They managed to adapt aharen's expression so well and Inorin does a great job voicing her, at first I had my doubts but as soon as she speaks, I'm all in for the show! Definitely one of the show you'd pick up after a tiring day at work, just heals you up right away <3

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 6, 2022 12:25 PM
Apr 2021
Aharen San is just so adorable! I really hope things continue to blossom!! Loved the ending a lot too! Keep it up! <3
~Kaga
Apr 6, 2022 12:28 PM

Sep 2021
Pretty casual and chill Anime, The story is simple and that's good for me i like the chemistry between the two mcs so this is and easy add to my list this season.

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

137 by Slimdudejim »»
Jun 10, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

NekOniiChan - Jun 17, 2022

162 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 8, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

77 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 8, 1:17 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2022

143 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2022

96 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jun 6, 11:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.