Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 28, 2021 11:08 PM

Nov 2014
Yeah they adapted some of great essential chapters and my fav too, haha... the awakening of S Izumi and M Kyouko, other ships story like KakeruRemi & TooruYuki.

Started with Miyamura's dream about reminiscence of his dreadful past and how the present him tell "it's gonna be okay" for him now since he'll get a lot of important and dearly people (especially Hori who'll laugh, cry, and be with him always).

Fully adapted chapters 39 about KakeruRemi, loved it. Some backstories how they ended up being a couple, from took an interest in book until he embarassingly confessed to her referencing story plot from the book they were reading.The way how both of them loved each other >_<. Remi knew that Kakeru always pretending to be good in every aspect so he didn't show his weaknesses even in front of her. And also the way how Kakeru didn't look Remi(+Sakura) in the same way as other people in the classes did. It is great that they adapted KakeruRemi moments XD.

Moving on into one of awaited moments ... the birth of S Miya and M Hori hahaha...
ah they skipped the whole family part getting manicured instead straight to the main point. Just when Hori asked to lift his leg up, somehow Miyamura got a curiousity weird thinking and he eventually put his foot in her forehead XD(His S awakens XD)...
He thought he'll "leveled up" if he did that and straightly beg for forgiveness. Surprisingly Hori was being Okay with that and kinda like it( her M awakens XD).
Becasue of those things Hori being a lil bit troubled on how different Miyamura act toward Sawada and Shindou despite of usually He acted soft and kind toward her. Just when Miyamura asked that she want to be treated like that somehow her M-side emerged haha. Miyamura tried to change his personality according to Hori's reasoning before ended up surprising whole gang haha.... and when He and Hori were alone, Miyamura's tried to changed to his demon form and acted
mean to her and somehow got spotted by some students haha.... funny things that Hori seems to be really satisfied with Miyamura's sadistic, showing her satisfied smug grin XD.

Last part about TooruYuki and Yanagi Intro's
Yuki getting confessed by handsome princely looking boy from other class. Becasue she kinda feels bad to rejected right in the spot. They asked HoriMiya opinions and they directly suggested Tooru to become her fake boyfriend when rejecting Yanagi. It seems Yuki realized how actually she had a feeling for Tooru when he held her hand. Just when finally they met the guy itself everybody were surpised especially Tooru, he thinking that he's out Yanagis league. Yanagi even praiesd him that he was even cooler than him. Tooru Expression tho.. hearing that words XD. After knowing that Yanagi actually had bad eyesight, Yuki once again want confirm that he maybe mistaken her for Hori, but he actually not, he like Yuki indeed. This where getting hilarious when everybody came. He couldn't see everyone beside Yuki clearly hahha.... he even talk to statue thinking it was Miyamura XD his interaction to others were hilarious too because of his bad eyesight haha... TooruYuki FTW XD.

Now they adapted chapter 38, 39 ,43, 44. they skipped even more chapters. Miyamura's dream of reminiscence of his past (Chapter 38) also only halfway. It missing another introduction of 1 side character that impacting Miyamura's past and also skipped great momonets of Hori's there. Still they adapted KakeruRemi(The wholesomeness, the expressions and dialogue really great) & TooruYuki(+ Yanagi Intro's) chapters really well. 5 more episodes to go. I wonder which chapter that they'll adapted as the final one. Really excited for next episode can't wait to see it :D.
Mar 1, 2021 12:26 AM
May 2017
I loved Yanagi. I laughed a lot at the sight of him.
Mar 1, 2021 2:46 AM

Sep 2020
Ahh a sweet part whit Ayasaki san and sengaoku kun.

The confession was cuuuteee tooo!

The part where miyamura tried to et violent was hilarious. Hori sure is a masochist xD

When Yuki got confessed and had to turn him down, she asked tooru for help and their one day couple was cute! But yanagi kun is just too hott!

The part where he mistakes ppl where the most hilarious ones, I couldn't stop laughing lol.

Can't wait for another episode!! >.<
Mar 1, 2021 2:47 AM

Oct 2018
I could see this coming. Remi x Sengoku is really cute I could say. But still Hori x Miyamura remains the best couple in this series XD

Okay, when it comes to give me the other leg doesn't mean you have to put your leg on top of Hori-san, Miyamura-kun! XD

Lol, Miyamura-kun change his accent which makes everyone scared. And not to mention, Miyamura-kun accidentally scare someone while doing yelling at Hori-san. That's really shocking XD

Wow, Akane Yanagi is really hot. Not to mention he doesn't wear glasses which makes him easily calling at the wrong person. He even call Miyamura-kun while looking at the statue which is hillarious. Best way to end the series, I guess! XD
Forum set made by Nate
Mar 1, 2021 12:40 PM

Jul 2012
Every character on this show is so likable!
Hilarious episode, loved it!
Mar 1, 2021 12:54 PM

Feb 2008
Hori's pitch black side was revealed…

…and the results were hilarious.

How Ayasaki and Sengoku met was a lot more charming than I expected. They are a great match, good for them.

Yoshikawa managed to gain the affection of a drop-dead handsome admirer. Yanagi seems like an interesting fellow too. A little competition for Ishikawa after all?
Mar 1, 2021 2:10 PM
Jul 2020
Japanese people are really heartless for some aspects, just say "No, i don't like you", that's it
Mar 1, 2021 4:52 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Another cute episode! Advantages of proper eyesight were shown this time around and it was pretty funny. Very good group dynamics seem to be the rule and that is nice to watch.
Mar 1, 2021 7:25 PM

Oct 2008
more like links has been establish this episode...
lolz at the shocking "IKEMEN" !
5/5.

Mar 1, 2021 10:17 PM

Mar 2016
That first sequence with Remi and the President was incredibly heart-warming.

Was interesting that Hori's started to treat Miyamura a bit like a makeup doll with the whole painting his toenails. The foot on her head was sudden and unexpected but rather understandable xD

Also getting a bit of an M vibe from Hori with the whole fantasy of Miyamura talking down to her :P Although she clearly has a bit of S in her too considering the neck mark she gave to Miyamura last episode.

Hope Yanagi ends up joining the friendship group the story has got going on as he definitely made an impact in his first appearance. Loved how both Hori AND Miyamura internally cried "holy crap, he's gorgeous" when he turned up though xD
Mar 1, 2021 10:35 PM
Apr 2017
Love the couple backstory in this one.
Mar 1, 2021 11:59 PM
Aug 2016
Horimiya turned into Horiminna :O (get it?)
Mar 2, 2021 4:23 AM

Mar 2018
Remi really is an interesting character, I hope she gets more time after this episode because seeing her POV is really interesting. Her and prez are super cute.

LOL Hori got stepped on.

Yanagi seems really cool and Ishikawa further proves why he is my favorite male in the show, what a homie.
Mar 2, 2021 5:13 PM
Feb 2021
I haven't been a huge fan of Remi so far, but this episode made me like her a little more. It was really nice to see her relationship with Sengoku and how much she really cares for him.

Yanagi is great, I love him! I really hope he joins the main group
Mar 2, 2021 6:58 PM
Oct 2020
Pretty funny episode ngl. I like the new dude a lot

Mar 2, 2021 7:14 PM

Jan 2018
Ah, unlike Yuki (her inferiority complex irks me, for whatever reason), I will always enjoy Remi focused content. When they first introduced her you think "She sucks, get what you deserve" but as they develop her you come to realize, she might actually be the best of the group and just has a way of giving people the push they need, and then you're all "She's the best, give her all the happiness she deserves!"
Mar 2, 2021 7:17 PM
Sep 2008
LMAO xdd IT WAS HILARIOUS IN THE MANGA AN ITS HILARIOUS IN THE ANIME xdd
Mar 3, 2021 4:40 AM
Mar 2021
This ep was not my favorite. They focus on Remi too much, that's not bad but the main characters were a little off. I would like to see more Sakura and Toru drama, they're pretty cute.
Mar 4, 2021 3:57 AM
May 2020
remi got some more screen time which was good to see
Mar 4, 2021 5:10 PM
Apr 2019
Another great episode. Ièm always surprised how quick it feels watching it, I guess I want more than what I get. And that opening, makes me wish I could wake up with tears of joy from a dream.
Mar 4, 2021 10:06 PM
Feb 2021
I liked it, though I felt like they must've skipped many chapters in the manga. Nonethless, Horimiya always brings me excitement.
Mar 5, 2021 10:37 AM

Oct 2011
LOL funniest episode so far. The whole scene with Yuki and Tooru meeting Yanagi was hilarious. Tooru's internal dialogue - "I'm genetically inferior on every level. Why should I bother existing?! Hell, if he asked me out, I'd say yes! What are you, blind, Yoshikawam?!" I couldn't stop laughing. And then the end with Yanagi being blind as a bat was so funny too. xD

As an anime-only viewer, I can't comment on the manga to anime adaptation but I generally prefer when the focus goes to other characters instead of just the "mains" because I get bored fast, so I'm enjoying the anime so far.
LuxtressMar 5, 2021 10:47 AM
Mar 6, 2021 2:14 PM
Nov 2018
The side characters in this show are all so interesting. I wonder if the green hair guy voiced by deku’s va will have a moment since he’s on the promo pic with the main crew.

I like the remi-sengoku backstory. I thought Sakura was gonna show up when ishikawa was gonna be the boyfriend for the day lol. Gotta protect pretty boy yanagi lol
Mar 12, 2021 5:24 PM

Jan 2016
Yeah the first part was totally dulled out by the second part. The second part might be my least favorite in all of the anime I have watched so far.
Sulfur2Apr 5, 2021 9:16 PM
Mar 13, 2021 1:56 AM
Mar 2012
Yanagi so hot lol
Sengoku & Remi backstory quite nice gives more depth to them, tho still dislike that character.
Mar 13, 2021 3:38 PM

Mar 2010
I hope she ends up accepting going out with red head dude.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 13, 2021 8:26 PM

Aug 2018
Very good
How Sengoku and Remi become a couple was cute, the part of Hori and Miyamura hahaha xD, and about Yuki...hmm, let's see what happens
Mar 15, 2021 9:03 AM
Sep 2015
the start of this ep8 until minute 2:10 was great. i felt like the anime was telling people who actually had thoughts of suicide to hang in there, things will get better. Great message to send out from the writer!
Mar 18, 2021 6:44 AM

Apr 2016
Lots of love stories that happen in this anime hahaha ~ but that's what being called youth in high school
Mar 20, 2021 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
damn, Remi really is the cutest :D that was an interesting backstory,
i had to save a little video about Remi saying how she would spend her money on sweets, and a couple minutes later saying the opposite

lol at Hori wanting Miyamura to be violent with her, and she even found it funny that the kouhai saw it

WHAT THE HELL, that ending was hilarious LOL

winddevil1Mar 20, 2021 2:53 PM
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Mar 26, 2021 12:40 AM

Nov 2020
Hori being an M is freaking funny, didn't know I needed this in my life
Mar 26, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2019
That dream was heartbreaking honestly. What I wouldn't give to talk to middle school me.

And I didn't expect a focus on Remi and Sengoku, but I can't say I didn't enjoy it!
Mar 28, 2021 10:20 AM

Feb 2021
i liked the first half of the ep with the remi and sengoku's focus on their rs but the other half not so much, miyamura doesn't have much dignity left it seems and just follows what hori says all the time, like forcing him to be violent in public? sad lol You can even see that the poor guy doesn't like that and she doesn't think of his feelings that much but i guess it was portrayed to be funny ? i just found it embarrassing but the next focus on the blond hair wasn't that bad and the dream too
N2O_Mar 28, 2021 10:24 AM
bam
Mar 29, 2021 9:53 PM

Feb 2019
Remi and Sengoku's backstory was really cute! Yeah, I definitely like Remi. She's just so cute, if airheaded. But she's quite perceptive of people, huh.

This episode was hilarious. I actually laughed several times while watching Izumi trying to put on a tough act and how Kyoko found it hot lol so Kyoko's a masochist huh

Yanagi was hilarious. Especially that scene when Izumi, Kyoko, and Toru all found out how much of an ikemen Yanagi was. I was laughing my head off. I wonder who Yuki's going to end up with.
Apr 1, 2021 11:06 AM

Jul 2019
Hilarious episode
Apr 5, 2021 4:45 PM

Mar 2014
Seeing Yuki turn down such an attractive boy was physically painful lmao
Apr 7, 2021 11:32 PM

Dec 2013
Sengoku and Remi's flashback was extremely sweet. Sengoku's confession was smooth af!

Looks like Hori has awakened a new fetish. Those two girl's reaction to see their "fight" was hilarious.

Yanagi really is hilarious but also really dangerous. He needs some glasses!
Apr 8, 2021 2:54 PM
Sep 2016
Wow, Yanagi has to be completely blind to not notice that all the people he's talking to have completely different hair colors. 🙃

It's really obvious that the writer has never worn glasses in their life.
SuperSnekNov 27, 2021 10:21 AM
Apr 19, 2021 12:04 PM

Nov 2019
Basically, we aren't aware of our looks in the eyes of others. My guess is he took off his glasses to raise his appearance.
Apr 23, 2021 4:57 AM

May 2020
Bruh Yanagi is so gorgeous wtf- I like Yuki and Tooru but this kills me insideee

Also Remi is very nice!
Apr 23, 2021 4:30 PM

Sep 2011
Ahaha, new kink unlocked for Hori. it was hilarious, but might not go well in public, gotta be careful.
Remi's scenes were great, these two really grew on me since their annoying first appearance. This series has really good side characters.
The team being all shocked at the guy being hotter than expected was funny as well, but I'm still glad if Yuki goes for Tooru instead.
May 6, 2021 10:29 PM

Mar 2015
New character appears!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 13, 2021 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
Am I the only one that didnt give a shit about the Sengoku Remi romance? Actually in fact I cant stand them, especially Remi. Didnt like her since the book lost stuff, still didnt like her now. Just give off a btchy aura. The worst character in the show by far.

If people want to talk about cute, Yuki is million times cuter than her

Rest of the show is pretty good thou. Hori masochist part is hilarious and somehow relatable lol
May 23, 2021 9:32 AM

Aug 2015
Miyamura acting different and Yagani's terrible eyesight were such funny scenes, loved it!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jun 8, 2021 11:07 PM

Jun 2009
Not gonna lie, I don't give a shit about these two.
Jun 20, 2021 4:17 AM

Nov 2014
Aww finally some backstory for Sengoku and Remi. It does feel like they kinda just inserted this here though, could've made it feel more natural somehow (like Remi recounting it to Sakura when she asked idk).

You know they really did Remi dirty passing her off as airheaded, sounds like she reads more than me lol

I can't really tell what Yuki wants, she just has that completely unsure face.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jul 15, 2021 12:28 PM

Aug 2018
I really don't picture Remi as loving to read books.. Especially if she doesn't do any work in the student council.. I mean, it can be explainable.. Like she likes entertaining books, but not some filling bureaucracy whatever.. But it still is strange.. Usually liking books comes with more responsibility sense.. Even if you won't really like filling those blanks in..
lol, too much roleplay led to not being to not roleplay in other places?.. ;P
Empty eyes Yuki..
Jul 21, 2021 12:06 AM

Jul 2015
Not the biggest fan of Remi after what happened with the budget reports, but quite lovely how she and Sengoku got together. Hilarious to see Miyamura attempt to be violent with Hori and also Yanagi being basically blind without his glasses.

Aug 14, 2021 10:12 PM

Aug 2019
Some backstory to Ayasaki and Sengoku's relationship which is great to see instead of leaving them in the wind. Very different dynamic to Hori and Miyamura relationship and how they met. Ayasaki and Sengoku being brough together through love for books, Ayasaki recognising Sengoku as a person who dosen't want to look weak, while also being a terrible liar.

Poor Miyamura, trying his best to leave his comfort zone and try his hand at some spicy S+M play, only for him to conclude he is not up for the task. Hori on the other hand is actually having the time of her LIFE.

Huh, didn't expect the Yoshikawa, Kouno and Ishikawa dilemma to be solved with a curve ball of a third party coming in. Yoshikawa's reaction to getting her hand held by Ishikawa was the highlight of my day, but i'm still really surprised they introduced a whole new character out of the bloom for this. I'm really hoping they give him some backstory and show him off more, but all in all i'm interested to see how this plays out now.

Also please let my guy Ishikawa rest for a minute, he's been done dirty so many times now, let him celebrate his victories when he can.
Oct 16, 2021 7:01 AM

Jun 2020
Miyamura's going back to his middle school days and it's disturbing for a young one

A bit of progression towards Sengoku and Remi's relationship about time that cute and clumsy bean to have her spotlight for once

I mean Yanagi is really that attractive I give him that I do wonder why Yuki rejected him huh I wonder why maybe because the reason was just beside her all along who knows.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

219 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 14, 11:19 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dominik_Fark - Jan 9, 2021

496 by mjjones0 »»
Jun 11, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2021

359 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2021

244 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Li_Feng_Tsao - Feb 6, 2021

231 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 6, 11:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.