Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 29, 2009 8:13 PM

Jun 2009
So he picked Shana? He better have! I don't want to see this whole back and forth love triangle all over again in season 3...speaking of which WHERE IS MAH SEASON 3?!
Jan 21, 2010 5:55 AM

Nov 2009
cyruz said:

Ah, I so wanted to hear the words. But Shana's happy face at the end was great too and they say that images say more than a thousands words do.

Great final episode, it was awesome to see that Bal Masqué were doomed from the moment on everyone in class tought Fumina emotions, very well written story.

The action was awesome in this episode again. I'm giving this second season a 10. It's the first sequel in a while that got the same score as the prequel from me. Very awesome animation, great music, outstanding voice actors and a hell of a lot character development. My score has to make up for all those who rate the anime lower because they think the first half was 'boring' lol.

Third season please, I will not be satisfied until I hear the words from Shana and Yuji that they love each other. That's the only thing I can complain about up to this point.

Shana ftw.

Yeah, they have a knack for suspense and making you want more without actually giving it to you. I swear in the first episode i expected them to kiss after shana was all curious about it and what not..
Now by the end of the second season it hasn't even happened..
Also feel sorry for ike T_T
I kinda hoped kazumi would sacrifice herself but i guess she makes it to season 3? XD
Feb 13, 2010 1:52 PM

Apr 2007
crazy_eights said:
boo...am i the only one that wanted yuji to pick yoshida. damn it! that makes me so sad....

otherwise it was a good season tho i think the focus was a lil too much on the love square/triangle rather than developing other aspects of the story.

i mean yoshida got that houga (which i would have been pissed if she used it) but it was pointless as well as the ending of the arc with pheles. and then silver.....supposed to be so incredibly badass was taken over a lil too easily. shana and yuji got hit what once and we've seen images of him slaughtering people....

No, your not the only one. I wanted Yuji to pick Yoshida also. I'm really disappointed with how it ended also(the fight- the tomogara just got brought to life and then is killed so easily- anti-climatic) and that he picked Shana.

What with Shana wanting to kill Yuji at the beginning in Shana one and then not liking him. Yoshida always liked him and still did after finding out he was a Mystes. That takes a lot to accept, knowing that person really isn't who they're supposed to be. I just don't like it, but that's just my opinion.

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Mar 27, 2010 3:34 PM

Jan 2009
I hate the stupid annoying scientist :"My defense system will find and deal with a mere Flame Haze". But I like the Domino robot:"But that Mystes is still running around" :)

*puppy dog eyes* Will there be a 3rd season? There has to be one right? Cause this is way to awesome to end here!!!

I'm actually happy Yoshida didn't summon Phelles. That would have been her last and ultimate act of stupidity :|. As for Yuji picking Shana... We all saw it coming :)

Nice final fight. Nice ending :>. Nice... second half of the season :). But this has to be continued...

Apr 9, 2010 6:28 AM

Mar 2010
the 2nd season wasnt as good as the first to me. 2nd season was mostly character development and yujis love triangle, but ive got to give them credit for the last 6-8 epis which were just fight scenes, still a 10/10 series tho
May 21, 2010 11:38 AM

Jan 2010
It is better than the first season. But for god's sake, WHERE WAS THE LONG KISS IN THE END?????
Ohhh this frustrated me a lot during both seasons, these guys are so indecisive =/
Glad he chose Shana. It also gives me enough pity (just the amount I can bear during the next season) for Yoshida.
Yay-yay.
May 31, 2010 1:28 PM

Jan 2010
Awwww!!!! I sooooooo much loved this episode!!! The Shana's smile at the end :D And everything aww:D I am speachless *cries* I give it 9 / 10 bcs of the first episodes of the serial... :P
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Jun 4, 2010 2:18 PM

Jan 2008
Xjellocross said:
While the first half of this season really lacked any...watchable...content, I really feel that the second half of Shana II has completely exceeded season 1.

Agreed.

// I'm happy that Kazumi didn't use the thing Pheles gave her. YAY! Margery Daw is okay. LOL... Hecate/Professor guy's plan backfired on them, sort of. =D
Jun 21, 2010 7:52 AM

Jan 2009
too many romance along the serie >.< :/ i wanted more action and story! it was just fine not good
Oct 10, 2010 6:10 PM

Feb 2010
no pantie shot from shana unlike the last ep of season 1 lol get to see some skin from carmel ;3

the last part was kinda rush :/ I wanna know what happens afterward instead of a clifhanger
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2010 12:24 PM

Sep 2008
Great ending. Looks like Yuuji chose Shana, no...? She had a huge smile on her face at the end, so hopefully it's safe to assume...

It was unfortunate that the first half of this season dragged so much, but it felt like the second half really compensated for it. It was nice to have so much character development for Yuuji too... And even though the ending did feel, to me, a bit rushed (I mean, the fight ended, but there wasn't much afterwards, and it would've been nice, I think, to have a few minutes of "what happened after the battle ended..."), I still thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

I'd happily watch a third season~
Nov 20, 2010 3:35 PM

Jul 2010
The new season is taking tooo long
Apr 22, 2011 5:56 AM

Jan 2011
I got distracted from the original forum.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
May 1, 2011 12:29 AM

Aug 2010
Wait wait wait... They really are coming out with a third season? Really?!??!

OMG!!! >x< Where is it? I just finished this, and I wanna see Shana and Yuji as an actual couple! (ok enough exclamation marks)

Personally I didn't really like Yoshida I mean the development of the entire cast is amazing and she is a very well developed character. I feel for her but still, I prefer Shana so much more. I thought the little walk thing with Oga and Tanaka thing at the end was cute too :) Point of order, In the third season I would love to see Ike and Yoshida pair up. He still needs to change right? Yoshida will come around, there is someone for everyone. One final thing I want to see, who is going to explain to Shana how babies are made? That needs to be in the third season too ;3

I can't wait, this series is now one of my favorites.
May 16, 2011 4:52 PM
Sep 2010
Man Third Season s gonna be one big mess....Yuji chooses Shana in Christmas Eve

Yuji finally verbally acknowledged that He loves Shana but after that he disappears....which will be shown in season 3...The "footsteps in the snow" in Second Episode 24 is Yuji's...which disappears

u guys r gonna see "Bad" Yuji in season 3...well i guess no more spoilers...:D
Jun 10, 2011 7:27 AM
May 2011
hahaha it's good but no kiss?!!
well i guess it's okay
Jun 10, 2011 1:45 PM

Jun 2010
N3k0-Ch4n said:
Wait wait wait... They really are coming out with a third season? Really?!??!

OMG!!! >x< Where is it? I just finished this, and I wanna see Shana and Yuji as an actual couple! (ok enough exclamation marks)

Personally I didn't really like Yoshida I mean the development of the entire cast is amazing and she is a very well developed character. I feel for her but still, I prefer Shana so much more. I thought the little walk thing with Oga and Tanaka thing at the end was cute too :) Point of order, In the third season I would love to see Ike and Yoshida pair up. He still needs to change right? Yoshida will come around, there is someone for everyone. One final thing I want to see, who is going to explain to Shana how babies are made? That needs to be in the third season too ;3

I can't wait, this series is now one of my favorites.

Oh boy are you going to be disappointed...
SnS III is still going to be epic, but from what I've heard, I don't think much of that happens at all.

...Well, Ike and Yoshida might hooking up. That I have no clue about though.
Aug 7, 2011 11:15 PM
Jul 2011
FINALLY, YUJI IS DOING SOMETHING!!!!!! i mean, i would like him to get like stronger than shana and then kick everyone asses and then like f*cking own the series, but i guess ill have to wait till 3rd season, im hoping that:

yuji becomes more independent/strong
yoshida and ike end together
they dont reduce the cast of characters (cuz i like them all in a non-gay way)
yuji gets more close to shana (like HELL MORE CLOSE)
Sep 9, 2011 1:14 AM

Sep 2010
Finally done... I did like this season a bit more than the first, but not by much.
Sep 20, 2011 1:51 AM

Jan 2011
Some good things to end off season two. Only a couple of weeks now till season three starts, and it looks like there should be lots of twists and action.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 23, 2011 4:53 PM

Oct 2010
So, the second half of this on hold like a year ago... finally got to finish it but at the end is still just meh = \

The first half was just terrible drama and then they ended up with battle after battle the atm seem to have no real purpose... I guess next season they will explain but as for now this is was just random fighting + unnecessary drama
huh?
Sep 30, 2011 6:38 PM
May 2010
awful ending to a really lackluster season.

Again they made the stupid love triangle drama drag out even more than before, and then instead of giving any resolution we close on what is obviously supposedly Yuji walking up to her. Don't forget at the end of last season Shana said "I love you" but then they trolled us and pretended Yuji couldn't hear her. The fact that they didn't actually show Yuji walking up to her at the end of this episode makes me think we are in for another trolling.
Dec 5, 2011 10:12 AM

Oct 2011
Good stuff. Liked the latter half of the series, was pretty action packed.

~<3 Mami Kawada
Dec 12, 2011 2:40 AM

Oct 2011
I was disappointed that we didn't get a definitive answer on whether or not Yuji went to see Shana or Yoshida. But it was still a great episode.
Jan 13, 2012 8:41 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty good stuff. I liked the song after the final battle; pretty badass. Will start season 3 soon.
Mar 26, 2012 5:41 AM

Sep 2011
Finally, Yuji came to his senses and chose Shana. Took him long enough >_>
I hope this means that they will finally be together and kiss. And of course I hope we don't have to see Yoshida trying so much after that.
The fights in this episode were good, though there could have been more Shana+Yuji fights.
The first half of the season was rather boring with the Konoe stuff just like I said in previous episode threads, but the second half made up for it. Yuji becoming more useful and kind of badass at times was nice to see. The Pheles arc and the Sabrac arc was also enjoyable. The action scenes were really good.
But the best thing was again Shana. She is just sooo cute and awesome :) She was especially adorable in the festival episode as Dorothy :)

Just like the first season this gets an 8 from me. Can't wait to see the final season. Hope they fix most of the problems from the 2 previous seasons and get rid of Yoshida with that cross soon.
Apr 1, 2012 6:30 PM

Feb 2012
Finally made it through.
Forced drama at the first part was sorta funny though
so was random danmaku at the second

so it's a fine 6/10 from me

anyway, proceeding to season 3...........hope Shana dies for being one of the most annoying female leads in history.
HekatexYuji OTP
Asperu-yo!
May 3, 2012 10:45 AM

Dec 2010
Did Yuuji disappear or something? those foot steps just suddenly stop.
Aug 12, 2012 10:49 AM

Mar 2012
This was a good ending.

I like that he finally chose Shana but neither of them admitted their love in the whole episode!

And the Konoe memory thing was really cool.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Sep 20, 2012 11:03 PM
Jul 2012
liked the ending like everyone else, was really the only way it could go

seemed like to me the show could technically end here, wasnt a loose end between the characters (shana an yuuji) but i suppose the story isnt quite over yet :P and who knows, maybe next time hell be the one confessing to her since shes had a few chances and decided not to (probably one reason she didnt the last time, was because last time before a big event an she did it, he didnt 'hear her' lol)
Nov 15, 2012 12:26 AM

Oct 2012
Damn nice episode! epic final battle-ish.. xD Yuji got really strong in season 2 im ready for season 3 woot! The ending gave me a really big smile and i cant stop it.

and finally the so-called love triangle is over >_> it took 48 episodes. TAKE THAT YOSHIDA!
Jan 15, 2013 7:02 AM

Jan 2013
Shana is smiling at the end while yoshida is crying..
thanks good.

i paused the video, and hit my pillow several times when yoshida say she wont use the houngo. i was like " DAMNIT, so close...."
Jan 18, 2013 8:41 PM

Apr 2012
That was a pretty good ending even if the conclusion did feel a bit rushed.

These last few episodes have been enjoyable but, unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the majority of this season. Yuji's character growth and the advancement of his relationship with Shana (finally) was nice but it was too little, too late in my opinion. This season focused too heavily on the elements that I did not like from the first one (Yoshida and the whole love triangle thing, most of the school stuff, and Yuji being incredibly dense and unhelpful) for me to really enjoy it.

So, while this score may be a bit ungenerous, I would give this show 4 "urusai"s out of 10.
Feb 7, 2013 7:19 AM

Sep 2011
Terrible second season. Now I understand why this is the beggining of the end.
Feb 8, 2013 9:42 PM

Jun 2012
Better than the first.

8/10
Apr 10, 2013 4:12 PM

Sep 2011
Fucking finally picks Shana, holy shit. Only took 48 episodes >_>.
Jul 20, 2013 1:19 PM

May 2013
Hmmm time for season III. i dint really like the ending but its satisfying
Aug 5, 2013 4:48 PM
Aug 2012
is everyone here serious? this was literally the second worst anime i have seen. just terrible.
Sep 28, 2013 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
The whole Hecate/Konoe situation was predictable, but good nonetheless. The best part of this episode was easily Yuji picking Shana, but like someone else said there'll probably be some lame excuse that stopped Shana from saying her feelings.

I also agree with what someone else said, second half of season 2 > season 1.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2013 9:35 PM

Sep 2013
I don't know why I'm crying but I am? that smile BETTER mean he picked her!! JUST GIVE US YUJI AND SHANA
Dec 6, 2013 12:40 AM
Mar 2013
It was a pretty good ending, the final battle didn't feel rushed at all. They completely skipped the after party.

I'm surprised Hecate shed a tear there, but I still don't like her.
Shana's face near the end was adorable ^_^

Happy to see that Tanaka and Ogata are doing okay and Ike will be alright eventually.

And now it's time to see...what the third season has to offer.
Dec 19, 2013 9:03 PM
Nov 2013
About to watch the OVA's and then season 3. I did not think this season was as good as the first.....that being said I still think it was very good and gets a solid 8/10. The one thing that lowered it in my opinion was the half dozen episodes with Shana being obsessively jealous all the time. She and Kazumi spent these episodes being jealous, but whereas Kazumi was quiet and reserved with hers, Shana at times was downright hostile. I spent the whole season hoping that Kazumi would eventually wean off of Yuji and start to develop feelings for Ike. All in all I am happy with the ending, as in spite of all this I was still rooting for Shana and Yuji because of all they have been through. I did feel sad for Kazumi at the end, but hopefully she will rebound in season 3 and fall in love again....everyone with a good heart deserves happiness.
Dec 23, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2012
They should have just finished off the professor a long time ago so he can stop messing with the town.

I put this show on hold for nearly a year, decided to watch after finishing ZnT since same VAs and all. Didn't like this as much. Some episodes were a snooze fest and the romance in the series is a teeny tiny part of the plot.
The main characters, Saito in ZnT, although a playboy, wanted to protect his partner with all his might (even when he was the underdog). But in here, Yuji just felt lacking in confidence, always having self doubts about himself. Almost to the point where I detest his character. I guess I can't really compare them like that since one world is silly and characters don't really have a chance of dying, while the other tries to be realistic, but it's just depressing watching a main character like Yuji. Plus his screaming is rather annoying to hear episode after episode.
There is barely any comedy in this, so during scenes where there's no action it's quite difficult to get through. I think it'd be better to just read an episode summary for those instances.
Shana was okay. Not as dere dere as Louise in ZnT but also not as abusive so that evens out.
The only feature that I'd say was done well would be the music and the action scenes.
Overall it felt boring for the majority. I'll give it an okay rating. 6/10
Jan 6, 2014 12:51 AM

Oct 2013
There were so many action scenes but lack of romance scenes, and if i were yuji i'd choose both of them ! HAREM FOR LIFE ! now onto the next season.
Apr 3, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
Well, it was a great ending in overall.

The fighting was pretty exciting. I was stressed during the whole fucking episode xD

Yoshida didn't used in the end the cross Pheles. Well, I guess that a sacrifice from her in the last episode would have been anticlimatic. I admit that my heart skipped a beat when she started to disappear :P

Those robot were just too ridiculous, I couldn't stop laughing.

There is still things unclear. How Yuuji was still able to produce that Silver flame after he lost his Reiji Maigo? Who was the Silver denizen and why it looked like Hecate was controling him? How the fuck did Sabrac survived?!? xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 4, 2015 4:12 PM

Oct 2014
This season was better than s1, more development and better scenes in general.

Solid 8/10
Jan 18, 2015 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
A rather anti-climatic, sudden, and convenient ending to this season. Overall, i'd this season better than the first. The first season just seemed rather formulaic, and this season had a lot more going on. During the second half, at least. A lot more character development. And Shana wasn't full Tsudere this season, so that was nice. I hope this series will end well in the final season.
Apr 13, 2015 5:32 PM
Mar 2009
Not sure is my previous comment posted, but, I really liked the ending. It pulled everything together, ignored the sappy irrelevant romance without sex crap, and gave action, a good reason for Komoe to be there, and a good reason for the "bad guys" to fail due to fundamental principles of positive serendipity which are part of the fabric of the growing universe (or, dual-verse in the case of the world of Guze and Earth/common time-space).

It didn't create any super new powers, or break any rules established to rap it up. It just came out of nowhere, gave action, wrapped things up, and made me appreciate the consistency of the characters and world a lot more.

The non-fuzetsu-egg was just as baffling to the Flame Haze as it was to me, at first, and that was quickly explained in a manner consistent with everything they have been building for the two seasons (and I guess the movie, I haven't watched that recently so don't remember how good/bad it is) .

Great writing and direction, and this ending alone pushes my overall season rating back up to a 9/10 rather than the 6 or 7 that I started out looking at it as.

Great work, team. I'd give you a bonus if I was on your directorate!
Apr 21, 2015 7:49 PM

Apr 2015
SUCK MY TITS YOSHIDA U FUCKIN USELESS ANNOYING BITCH
"The breasts of a woman have endless possibilities!"
-Azazel
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 10, 2007

63 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 27, 2023 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.