Forum Settings
Forums

How long will it take for politically correct/ sjw to invade the Anime industry?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 1, 2018 9:57 AM

Jun 2011
AdolChri said:
Killaclown said:
nice generalization there buddy, well it would be nice if it wasn't so obviously wrong lol.

Top rated anime in this is FMA. Are you saying FMA doesn't have stuff that can be called "political"?

And for the record I do find the need of anime to change even historical figures into women strange, but at least that's not coming from ideological reasoning.... just weird Japanese stuff lol (personally not my cup of tea)

It's coming from ideological reasoning, it's to either pander to the audience or when they make historical characters straight, they do it because some people are uncomfortable with it. But as you said yourself, you are fine with it because it's Japan.
i was talking about " it's just that the kind of person who uses "SJW" seriously is also the kind of person who worships Japan and think it is an homogeneous country where all people think like him." part.

i never said that, dont go putting words in my mouth. Pandering to pervs is not ideological reasoning and im unaware of making gay historical figures straight but i hope we can both agree thats kind of a shitty thing to do

Liquidswords said:
How long will it take to for people on the internet to forget about sjws and feminism?
when it stops being so prevalent in the society's we live in.... thought that would be common sense
Feb 1, 2018 10:07 AM

Sep 2015
Killaclown said:
when it stops being so prevalent in the society's we live in.... thought that would be common sense

I hope you enjoy fighting this imaginary war in your mind. General Killaclown has appeared

Feb 1, 2018 10:09 AM

Apr 2012
Centurionzo_12 said:

I think that people don't really like the writting and the attitude, the marvel comics is called SJWs comics now because of how bad the things are.

They act like jerks to long time fans and go in full rant to any kind of criticism, they really try to put dozens of "hidden" mensagens in every single comic, change the sexuality of long time characters (one that was hit the worst was Iceman) and try to force the SJW mentality in the worst way possible, and blaming the fan's and critic's from the bad sales.

Not only that but even in movies, series and video games are having this problem. Passenger and Mass Effect Andromeda are two infamous example of that, SJW movement was a noble goal, fighting for equality but right now is no much more than a joke, most of these SJWs do are complain, call people of sexist or racist for no real good reason and just try to force everyone to follow a extreme twisted ideology.

There's a lot of good people that are SJW, the problem it's that there a whole new group of SJW that are extremely vocal.

as a (admittedly more DC-oriented) comic fan with quite a few friends who are comic fans themselves (more on the marvel side), this is the first time I've ever heard marvel be called SJW comics lol. that's just stupid.

Literally what hidden messages. what. The only thing I'll give you is Iceman, but only because that was handled awfully. Young Jean just outting him as gay was shitty, and any denials from him just getting the 'nope you are gay' response was horrible. If they really wanted to go about with something like that, they should have handled it more delicately, or at least had him be bi. But that's more Bad Writing than anything.

You guys keep naming off games and series without giving any examples of what exactly you find so abhorrent. Just saying the Passenger and ME: Andromeda but giving no examples from that gives me nothing my guy.

let's live heroically, let's live with style
Feb 1, 2018 10:19 AM

Sep 2015
The SJW thing I understand but feminism is a joke
Feb 1, 2018 10:21 AM

Jun 2011
Liquidswords said:
Killaclown said:

I hope you enjoy fighting this imaginary war in your mind. General Killaclown has appeared
i like you lol

far from imaginary, unfortunately i am not really a part of it *tear*. i mean SJW marvel was really in the thick of that war, they even had store owners calling them out on it.
a little quote from Marvel VP of Sales David Gabriel
"I don’t know if that’s a question for me. I think that’s a better question for retailers who are seeing all publishers. What we heard was that people didn’t want any more diversity. They didn’t want female characters out there. That’s what we heard, whether we believe that or not. I don’t know that that’s really true, but that’s what we saw in sales.

We saw the sales of any character that was diverse, any character that was new, our female characters, anything that was not a core Marvel character, people were turning their nose up against. That was difficult for us because we had a lot of fresh, new, exciting ideas that we were trying to get out and nothing new really worked.

It was the old things coming back in that time period, three books in particular, Spider-Man Renew Your Vows, that had Spider-Man and Mary Jane married, that worked. The Venom book worked and the Thanos book worked. You can take what you want out of who might be enjoying those three books, but it is definitely a specific type of comic book reader, comic book collector that really liked those three series."
they were even attacking fans in the comics lol
Feb 1, 2018 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
Kuma said:
rsc-pl said:

Yeah. They don't care at all. You can see it in games, where almost every Japanese game is censored more or less in the west game (visually/with fucked up/missing/completely rewritten translations). Yes, they don't care at all.

that's basic marketing... just becaus ethey follow it doesn't mean they will do it himself or agree with it...

Like Kuma said, that's about the West caring, not the East.

If the changes bother you so much; just pirate the original game. XD

Feb 1, 2018 10:22 AM
Nov 2017
cageofroses said:
Centurionzo_12 said:

I think that people don't really like the writting and the attitude, the marvel comics is called SJWs comics now because of how bad the things are.

They act like jerks to long time fans and go in full rant to any kind of criticism, they really try to put dozens of "hidden" mensagens in every single comic, change the sexuality of long time characters (one that was hit the worst was Iceman) and try to force the SJW mentality in the worst way possible, and blaming the fan's and critic's from the bad sales.

Not only that but even in movies, series and video games are having this problem. Passenger and Mass Effect Andromeda are two infamous example of that, SJW movement was a noble goal, fighting for equality but right now is no much more than a joke, most of these SJWs do are complain, call people of sexist or racist for no real good reason and just try to force everyone to follow a extreme twisted ideology.

There's a lot of good people that are SJW, the problem it's that there a whole new group of SJW that are extremely vocal.

as a (admittedly more DC-oriented) comic fan with quite a few friends who are comic fans themselves (more on the marvel side), this is the first time I've ever heard marvel be called SJW comics lol. that's just stupid.

Literally what hidden messages. what. The only thing I'll give you is Iceman, but only because that was handled awfully. Young Jean just outting him as gay was shitty, and any denials from him just getting the 'nope you are gay' response was horrible. If they really wanted to go about with something like that, they should have handled it more delicately, or at least had him be bi. But that's more Bad Writing than anything.

You guys keep naming off games and series without giving any examples of what exactly you find so abhorrent. Just saying the Passenger and ME: Andromeda but giving no examples from that gives me nothing my guy.

You can really go out and read or hear most of it on the internet, there's really a lot of people complain about most of the same things, I can give you some links
https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/chris-pratt-sexism-passengers/
https://www.reddit.com/r/MensRights/comments/5kx2w1/angry_feminists_universally_attack_new_movie/
https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=top-posts-action
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/03/mass-effect-andromedas-racist-game-designer-no-longer-works-for-bioware/26431/
https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/comics/2018/1/25/16919660/marvel-comics-jon-malin-sjw-hitler-tweet
http://www.thejimquisition.com/metabombed-mass-effect-andromeda-is-pure-sjw-propaganda/
Centurionzo_12Feb 1, 2018 10:28 AM
Feb 1, 2018 10:54 AM

Apr 2012

Did you read the bottom two articles at all or did u just grab the first things that came up? because, uh, those articles are about how ridiculous those accusations are. Especially the last one. Also good lord, just pulling these from reddit, huh?

And Passengers? You mean the movie that

idk, seems pretty sexist to me.

let's live heroically, let's live with style
Feb 1, 2018 10:57 AM

Nov 2008
cageofroses said:

That movie was pretty terrible. XD The trailer is SO misleading; but the actual movie is so very twisted.

Feb 1, 2018 11:23 AM

Nov 2011
sjw already made an impact on dragon ball super: kefla vs super saiyan blue goku

edit:
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Feb 1, 2018 11:40 AM
Nov 2017
cageofroses said:

Did you read the bottom two articles at all or did u just grab the first things that came up? because, uh, those articles are about how ridiculous those accusations are. Especially the last one. Also good lord, just pulling these from reddit, huh?

Sadly I couldn't, I am not in a good position right now, recovering for a surgery right now, so i take the first one that get, now I just perceived that I get the wrong ones, sadly I can't really correct now or would mean much
Feb 1, 2018 11:40 AM

Aug 2016
Swagernator said:
Netflix and also Funnimation dubs are already doing great in that aspect.

Did you even see how fucked up Devilman: Crybaby is?

That shows Netflix isn't turning anime into a Westernized medium like you seem to believe
Feb 1, 2018 5:13 PM

Oct 2014
DreamingBeats said:
sjw already made an impact on dragon ball super: kefla vs super saiyan blue goku

edit:

And how is that sjw?
The power levels were already broken like Krillin forcing Goku into super sayan.

Plus the show already has Android 18.
Feb 1, 2018 5:16 PM

Oct 2014
Liquidswords said:
The SJW thing I understand but feminism is a joke

What kind of Feminism are you talking about?
Feb 1, 2018 5:37 PM

Oct 2015
Lmao, nice to know these kind of threads still exist.

The evil ess jay dubbleyews aren't going to take your chinese cartoons away guys.
Feb 1, 2018 6:06 PM

Mar 2015
DreamingBeats said:

edit:

goku is chinese budhism folklore... must be multiculturism propaganda!

oh, and chichi was kind of abusive and goku is meak againts her! must be feminism propaganda!

oh man, can't wait android 21 in animated form, people like this gonna go ape shit...

seriously, you guys seems to fight imaginary wars implaying it happened across the world when it's only on the west at most...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 2, 2018 1:46 AM

Oct 2011
I don't think it'll ever hit the mainstream. Political correctness is mainly an American thing. Don't forget that. Plus some shows do cover these things and it doesn't even have recent ones. I mean look at Super Dimension Fortress Macross, which is from 1982, but had Lynn Kaifun as a freaking prototype sjw.

But in all honesty I don't think representation in show is like,a superbad thing
Feb 2, 2018 4:00 AM

Jul 2015
The only examples of SJWs affecting anime are some of the dubs, where the scriptwriters used their "artistic freedoms" as an excuse to insert propaganda to an otherwise neutral anime. Prison School dub had one line bitching about Gamergate, and Kobayashi-san no Maid Dragon dub complained about patriarchy. Honestly though I don't really care, because I don't watch dubs to begin with. As long as the original series remains untouched by dumb tumblr ideologies I'm happy.
Feb 2, 2018 4:16 AM

Oct 2014
Kuma said:
DreamingBeats said:

edit:

oh, and chichi was kind of abusive and goku is meak againts her! must be feminism propaganda!

oh man, can't wait android 21 in animated form, people like this gonna go ape shit...

seriously, you guys seems to fight imaginary wars implaying it happened across the world when it's only on the west at most...

Plus SJW is being thrown only when the series is actually bad at writing.
So if ppl enjoyed then they wouldn't even bring up SJWs......
Feb 2, 2018 4:17 AM

Mar 2015
mimiiria said:
The only examples of SJWs affecting anime are some of the dubs, where the scriptwriters used their "artistic freedoms" as an excuse to insert propaganda to an otherwise neutral anime. Prison School dub had one line bitching about Gamergate, and Kobayashi-san no Maid Dragon dub complained about patriarchy. Honestly though I don't really care, because I don't watch dubs to begin with. As long as the original series remains untouched by dumb tumblr ideologies I'm happy.

this is by prison school author, about black people who has to struggle with racism in the americans' south...

this is by kobayashi author, about office lady who has struggle to comunicate with her shut in husband...

maybe, just maybe, japan has complitely different view culutral glassas that mostly has nothing to do with "SJW" or "tumbler ideologies" or whatever shit wastern has?

Bourmegar said:
Kuma said:

Plus SJW is being thrown only when the series is actually bad at writing.
So if ppl enjoyed then they wouldn't even bring up SJWs......

well, i mean, who complain about multiculturism in FMA? lel...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 2, 2018 4:27 AM

Jul 2015
Chiibi said:
Chimerared said:

This is why I'm against companies like Netflix and Amazon intruding into the anime industry and everyone knows the influence these people are already having on funimation ie: dragon maid/Prison School/Hajimete no Gal.

They still can't do anything to the subtitled Japanese versions though...?

....unless they sub it wrong.

........no, they wouldn't dare.

THEY WOULDN'T DARE, RIGHT?

As far as I noticed from watching Fate/Apocrypha on Netflix with German subtitles, they use an advanced, but still rather insufficient machine translation for Japanese audio anime, so I doubt that they'll pour in any propaganda of whatever political direction in there. The program handles the subs
It's okay to smirk

Feb 2, 2018 5:24 AM

Jul 2015
Kuma said:
mimiiria said:

this is by prison school author, about black people who has to struggle with racism in the americans' south...

this is by kobayashi author, about office lady who has struggle to comunicate with her shut in husband...

maybe, just maybe, japan has complitely different view culutral glassas that mostly has nothing to do with "SJW" or "tumbler ideologies" or whatever shit wastern has?
What does a manga about black people have to do with Gamergate? Just because a series is about blacks it doesn't mean it's SJW material, in fact it can be quite the opposite. I think you're being quite presumptuous towards anti-SJW opinions here. In the case of Prison School anime, the dubbers purposefully altered the original script to promote their own ideology. That had nothing to do with the mangaka's world view and it wasn't the point he wanted to make in Prison School.

As for the latter example you posted, I've seen the anime shorts and it had nothing to do with gender politics. It was focused mostly on a normie wife and her nerdy husband and their daily life. What the hell has that to do with patriarchy? I don't know if the manga/LN actually is about feminist stuff, but your vague post definitely doesn't imply anything like that. Please post proper quotes as proof, if so.

Also, what the hell is the whole point you're trying to make? If an author/mangaka makes a political series, then it's totally fine to alter the message of their other works? That's absolutely retarded.
Feb 2, 2018 5:36 AM
Oct 2009
mimiiria said:

I don't like these extremist SJW's but i hate either Gamergate that is about stupid teenagers trolling around in internet.
Feb 2, 2018 5:50 AM

Aug 2017
What kind of pathetic manchild cries about "muh SJW boogeyman" in 2018?
No wonder people make fun of anime fans on Twitter and the real world when people like OP exist and so many people within this very thread aren't ridiculing him.
Feb 2, 2018 5:53 AM
Oct 2009
Shotmaker said:
No wonder people make fun of anime fans on Twitter and the real world when people like OP exist and so many people within this very thread aren't ridiculing him.

I personally hate these censorship.
But i also can't understand always this SJW thing, it just gettin annoying and stupid.
Feb 2, 2018 6:01 AM

Aug 2017
Tsukeru-kun said:
Shotmaker said:

But i also can't understand always this SJW thing, it just gettin annoying and stupid.
Well I think you can put the "censorship" issue to rest since Devilman Crybaby exists and was pretty successful on Netflix.

And I sort of get the SJW boogeyman thing, I mean I browse 4chan regularly and I come across it all the time.
I think it's definitely more of a teenager thing, like 16-18, like it's "edgy" or "cool" to hate other races and groups of people because they're receiving better treatment, it just comes off as incredibly childish and selfish to me now that I've grown out of that sort of attitude *shrugs*

And to add to my original post, it just irks me when you see people here whining about how their friends or classmates or Filthy Frank or whoever the fuck laughing at the anime fanbase and then they turn around and say "n-nuh uh, Netflix is gonna make anime for SJW meanies and normies :(".
What level of irony is this forum operating on?
ShotmakerFeb 2, 2018 6:15 AM
Feb 2, 2018 6:19 AM
Oct 2009
Shotmaker said:
Well I think you can put the "censorship" issue to rest since Devilman Crybaby exists and was pretty successful on Netflix.

And I sort of get the SJW boogeyman thing, I mean I browse 4chan regularly and I come across it all the time.
I think it's definitely more of a teenager thing, like 16-18, like it's "edgy" or "cool" to hate other races and groups of people because they're receiving better treatment, it just comes off as incredibly childish and selfish to me now that I've grown out of that sort of attitude *shrugs*

Especially if there are people that praising hitler or mid ages shit.
I just think these people speak always like this because they never was born in times of
WWII or Mid ages. Nobles had treating commoners like bugs but i think that is totally edgy and kool thing...
I mean you can also being anti-censorship without this extreme right shit.
I never think a ultra-conservative person is anti-censorship anyway, its just so stupid.
Feb 2, 2018 6:29 AM

Aug 2017
Tsukeru-kun said:
Shotmaker said:

Especially if there are people that praising hitler or mid ages shit.
I just think these people speak always like this because they never was born in times of
WWII or Mid ages. Nobles had treating commoners like bugs but i think that is totally edgy and kool thing...
I mean you can also being anti-censorship without this extreme right shit.
I never think a ultra-conservative person is anti-censorship anyway, its just so stupid.
Oh yeah, of course, I'm fully against censorship and love me some good looking female characters in my media, whether it be video games or animation, I'm actually kind of relieved that Nintendo didn't mess with any of the character designs in Xenoblade 2 for the western release.

Feb 2, 2018 6:35 AM

May 2012
Pullman said:
Oh boy, another anti-SJW whine thread that gets his facts from Breitbart or whatever rather than actual reality. Here we go.

The reality I live in is very different and japan actually seems more closed-minded than western entertainment as a whole with their conservative culture, obsession with purity and virginity, censoring porn and having a lot of taboo topics that you will never see in their media/anime (like drugs for example). They are more open to the depiction of weird and questionable fetishes in their cartoons (and only their cartoons, their society in general is still extremely sexually repressed and even just being sexually active in the most conservative ways can ruin your career in certain jobs).

But that is literally the only way in which japanese entertainment might have more freedom than western entertainment. There are a lot of topics that you'll never find in anime because it is taboo, period. In western media you can write about anything pretty much, and there's nothing that doesn't exist in some form. You really have to be an extremely dedicated weeaboo to convince yourself that japan has more creative freedom than other countries. Let's go through your list of stuff that makes anime so much better and less politically repressed to see how much sense it makes:

1. pervert acts
lots of western media includes and openly talks about stuff like that. I just recently saw a whole comedy special of a guy mostly talking about his fetishes which included some very dirty and explicit stuff that anime would never ever talk about, like ass-liking or sucking transgender cock. In anime being a 'pervert' usually means wanting to sneak a peek at their panties or while they undress and that's it, or just generally having any sexual thoughts ever. Very tame stuff that I wouldn't even call perverted, just a healthy sexual interest. In western media I've seen much more perverted stuff.
Anime just uses pervert for anyone who has sexual thoughts ever because the japanese society is so repressed, so it might seem like there is a lot of 'perversion' going on, but that's just because what the west treats as normal male behaviour gets called 'being a pervert' in anime all the time. That doesn't mean they are more open in their entertainment about fetishes and being a pervert. Not at all, rather the opposite is true. They trivialize the term pervert to mean literally anything sexual, which is just stupid and has nothing to do with perversion, which is something they almost never talk. There was HenSemi, but other than that I can't think of many anime that openly talk about real pervert stuff like fetishes.

2. man beating women
I have barely seen this topic being seriously a thing in anime. It is solely used for gags, but domestic violence as a topic is kinda taboo in anime and you rarely see it. But even in anime the other way round is much more popular. So not sure what you mean by that, just seems like bullshit if you ask me. Also are you implying that men beating the shit out of women inherently makes a story better? That's fucked up, bro. With stuff like this it matters what they make of it, not just the quantity of how often women get beated by men. Only a sicko would care about the numbers more than the context.

3. no minority or racial quota for the cast
Yeah because Japan doesn't have a lot of minorities and the ones they have are still asian so it's not like you could easily tell the difference. Different societies and different realities lead to different fiction. America is not homogenous, it is not a white supremacy and thinking all your media should look like it is, is disturbing. While in Japan it makes sense because their society really is like that.

4. harem with male protagonists and 3, 4 or more girls
True, harem is an anime specific genre pretty much. I'll give you that one. Not that anime is good at it, mind you. They have a dozen tropes and rinse and repeat them all the time when there is so much more you could do with a harem setup. But well, actual sexual content is one of those taboo topics in anime. They are just too open-minded and not politically correct to ever really include sex in their harems. That must be it. Not like it's their personal form of political correctness. No, of course not.

5. objectification of female characters (aka fan service)
Seriously? Have you never watched TV? There is just as much fanservice and objectification in western media, it's just different. You get to see way more sex scenes in a lot of TV shows than you'd ever need for the narrative, just because viewers like to see naked women moaning. Naked women are everywhere in hollywood movies or series. You'd really have to blind and ignorant to not see that this is a reality. In anime you get panty shots or awkward falling scenes, in western series you get the full nudity and actual sex scenes. Tell me which fanservice is more tame, more repressed?

6.animal beating
???
Not sure which anime this even refers to or why you think that animals have never been beaten in western media. You're just desperately grasping at straws at this point.

7. swear words
Oh yeah, anime swears much more than western media...
This is the biggest bullshit I've ever seen. It really makes me think you never watched a single western series or movie and just get all of your knowledge about them from Breitbart or reddit. There are so many fucks being thrown around in so many series and movies, and I'm not even gonna talk about all the assholes, cunts, pussies and millions of other swear words western entertainment includes on a daily basis. What's the worst swearing you ever heard in anime? Piece of shit? Fucking Bastard? Again, anime is tame in that regard, partly because japanese society is much more tame with swearing and part because a lot of anime is aimed at younger kids.

8. gore and gruesome scenes
has literally nothing to do with political correctness at this point, and is also just more bullshit that shows me you have no idea of western media. Gruesome scenes in anime are child's play to the more gruesome scenes I've seen in western live action, or live action in general.

8. stereotypes
In which context? Are you really trying to say that having more stereotypical depictions is inherently better than having well-rounded, realistic depictions of characters? How? That makes no sense to me. Sure, sometimes you can use them for comedy (and that is still happening) but even that can get old quickly.

9. incest
anime doesn't even go there a lot of the time and finds excuses with them not being blood related or whatever. It's mostly a bait genre in anime. And I'm sure you can find western fiction that deals with that topic too, and probably in more realistic and serious ways too because in anime it is almost always just for fanservice, with a handful of exceptions.

10 loli fetish
Probably true, Japan is more open-minded in terms of drawn loli porn stuff and I'm glad for that. Just one niche-topic tho, and knowing a bit of the societal background of Japan (like it being legal for 14yo girls to prostitute themselves to older men in Tokyo) can shed some light on why they are more lenient with pedophilic stuff like that, even outside of fiction, which is a bit creepy. Not necessarily sure it's a good thing for japanese society to be that open about this stuff, but hey, I'm still thankful for loli doujins and appreciate japan for that.

11. hentai
Yeah because porn doesn't exist in the west? The only thing you can say is that animated porn specifically is more professional in japan, there is a whole industry. There is also a shitton of animated western porn, but it's mostly done by amateurs as far as I know. But the censorship of a lot of hentai and live action porn in japan makes them still lose in the overall porn comparison imo.

So yeah, you have a point in like 2 out of these 11 things you listed, while for the rest it is either irrelevant or the west actually has more to offer. Please open your eyes and stop glorifying Japan.

And this next part is big and bold because I want everyone to read it. It is the heart of this whole topic and why I can never take people seriously when they rant about western media being ruined my SJWs.

THE MERE EXISTENCE OF CHARACTERS THAT BELONG TO RACIAL OR SEXUAL MINORITIES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. IT IS PART OF (WESTERN/AMERICAN) REALITY THAT THESE PEOPLE LIVE IN OUR SOCIETY AND PRETENDING IT ISN'T BY EXCLUDING THOSE GROUPS FROM ALL MEDIA AND FICTION SET IN OUR SOCIETY IS A MUCH MORE OF A POLITICAL AGENDA THAN AUTHORS JUST DECIDING TO INCLUDE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE REAL AND CAN BRING VARIETY TO A CAST.

DIVERSITY IS THE REALITY, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, AND TRYING TO FORCE FICTION TO TWIST THAT REALITY TO FIT YOUR PERSONAL PREFERENCES IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND ALLEGEDLY CRITICISING AND THE SAME TIME. WHICH IS THE DEFINITION OF HYPOCRISY.

IT IS IN THE 'HOW IS SOMETHING DEPICTED' THAT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS BECOMES RELEVANT, BUT ONLY IN A NEGATIVE SENSE. IT SIMPLY REFERS TO THE ABSENCE OF PREJUDICE IN THEIR DEPICTION, TREATING THEM LIKE NORMAL HUMANS AND NOT AS ABOMINATIONS OR WALKING STEREOTYPES WITHOUT ANY REAL AGENCY. IT'S NOT SOMETHING YOU PUT INTO A WORK OF FICTION, IT IS MERELY THE ABSENCE OF ANY POLITICALLY OR RACIALLY MOTIVATED STEREOTYPICAL DEPICTIONS.

Anyone who has a problem with that kind of 'political correctness' is just a bigot, period. They can't handle that things are portrayed in realistic, normal ways and not just to be made fun of because their political bigotry doesn't allow them to tolerate or 'normalize' these minority groups, so they try and turn it around and say everything that doesn't fit THEIR political agend is part of the political agenda of their enemies, when that is simply not true. You don't need a political agenda as a writer to value realism and variety in your cast, that's just a basic thing. You look at reality and get inspired. And since gay people and non-white people are part of that reality that inspires writers, they will be part of their works as well. It's just common sense. It's people like you OP who politicize these works, not the authors themselves. At least most of the time.

The negative reputation political correctness gets is probably mostly linked to the people who take it too far and try to bring it into the realm of jokes and laughs. And that is bullshit. You can joke about anything, and saying a joke is politically incorrect is not a criticism, it's praise. So I understand everyone who wants to punch those humorless people who complain about comedians or comedies not being politically correct. Fuck you, that's not their job. As long as it's clear their not seriously saying it, you can joke about jews being gassed or child rape as far as I'm concerned. There should be no taboo topics in comedy, and I'll fight the extremists who want comedy to be politically correct.

But it is ridiculous to project this into every other kind of entertainment like I see it happening all the time, and see the mere presence of anyone black or gay or fat as a political agenda of the 'liberal SJW cucks' or whatever. On the opposite, we are finally entering a phase in western entertainment where it is stopping to adhere to political agendas by only including white heteros even tho the reality of most western societies are much more diverse than that and have been for quite some time.

We are simply stopping to twist the view of reality we depict in our entertainment, but somehow the anti-SJW whiners managed to convince themselves that the only unpolitical way of making entertainment is for it to be white and hetero only, with an emphasis on men over women. If you deviate from that, you're writing politically correct garbage that was forced upon you by some political agenda bla bla bla.

These stupid opinions are so fucking delusional that they would not be worth listening to if they weren't as numerous. But even if they are numerous, they are still largely bullshit and just the scared whining of people who want to pretend they live in a white supremacy and are angry that their fiction is starting to break that immersion by becoming more representative of reality.

goddamn!, i think you just killed OP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2018 6:38 AM
Oct 2009
Shotmaker said:
Oh yeah, of course, I'm fully against censorship and love me some good looking female characters in my media, whether it be video games or animation, I'm actually kind of relieved that Nintendo didn't mess with any of the character designs in Xenoblade 2 for the western release.

Currently didn't played xenoblade 2 but can't wait to have this game in my hand and playing it. x3
Loved the first xenoblade. <3
Feb 2, 2018 7:05 AM

Jul 2015
Tsukeru-kun said:
mimiiria said:

I don't like these extremist SJW's but i hate either Gamergate that is about stupid teenagers trolling around in internet.
As far I as know, Gamergate had idiots on both sides. On one side, you had hardcore feminists pushing for censorship and wanting to add more "realistic" women and feminist themes where people didn't ask for them. On the other side, you had 4chan trolls overreacting to the point of sending rape and death threats. The whole discussion on Gamergate is so polarized and blind to the arguments of the opposing side that it should be buried completely. That's why I think it's stupid to bring up such a controversial topic, especially in an anime that has nothing to do with Gamergate or even video games. Because even if 50% of the viewers approved of what the dubbers were trying to say with the reference, the rest 50% will absolutely hate it.
Feb 2, 2018 7:21 AM

Jun 2008
mimiiria said:
Tsukeru-kun said:

As far I as know, Gamergate had idiots on both sides. On one side, you had hardcore feminists pushing for censorship and wanting to add more "realistic" women and feminist themes where people didn't ask for them. On the other side, you had 4chan trolls overreacting to the point of sending rape and death threats. The whole discussion on Gamergate is so polarized and blind to the arguments of the opposing side that it should be buried completely. That's why I think it's stupid to bring up such a controversial topic, especially in an anime that has nothing to do with Gamergate or even video games. Because even if 50% of the viewers approved of what the dubbers were trying to say with the reference, the rest 50% will absolutely hate it.

I don't think you know quite correct. Gamergate was a hash-tag on twitter not a 4Chan thing and it was about gamers objecting to the reporters of gaming going all sjw and making articles against gamers one after the other in a span of two days and accusing them of sexism etc and wanting different games and all that along with hiding their own corruption.
Gamers felt this reporters were very dishonest and pushing a narrative(which the revealed mail list proved they were organized and were indeed doing that).
As about rape and threats etc. Well what is new. Isn't that what the sjw do every time? Claim they are victims and they are threatened by sexist racist etc? they ignore the real argument and change the discussion to "the threats" in this way.
Just a recent example is Kathy Newman of channel 4 that after being an ass on an interview with Dr.Peterson just to deflect from the issue of her bad mentality and horrible nature she played the victim after words. And it happens because the other side doesn't like screaming harassment and playing the victim so they get to play the victims all they want and libel the others as trolls and alt-right and Nazi's and whatever term they find and it's sad that people like you just fall for their name calling.
Even in the interview it self she tries to call him some alt-right(whatever the hell that means) provocateur because that is what they do with people daring to disagree with them.
It has become a silly pattern by now.

There was nothing really bad about Gamergate. The mainstream media and their opponents just said they were mean sexist trolls and just because they were saying it you people bought it. If you had checked comments at the time you would have seen that most gamergate people were just using a hashtag and giving decent arguments and this evil people looked to find some 12 year posting a "fuck you, hope you die" or even made such messages themselves(yes they were actually caught doing it) highlighted that and put it on TV and talk shows and created a narrative of the horrible gamegate trolls.
MonadFeb 2, 2018 7:29 AM
Feb 2, 2018 10:09 AM
Feb 2018
Monad said:
mimiiria said:

I don't think you know quite correct. Gamergate was a hash-tag on twitter not a 4Chan thing and it was about gamers objecting to the reporters of gaming going all sjw and making articles against gamers one after the other in a span of two days and accusing them of sexism etc and wanting different games and all that along with hiding their own corruption.
Gamers felt this reporters were very dishonest and pushing a narrative(which the revealed mail list proved they were organized and were indeed doing that).
As about rape and threats etc. Well what is new. Isn't that what the sjw do every time? Claim they are victims and they are threatened by sexist racist etc? they ignore the real argument and change the discussion to "the threats" in this way.
Just a recent example is Kathy Newman of channel 4 that after being an ass on an interview with Dr.Peterson just to deflect from the issue of her bad mentality and horrible nature she played the victim after words. And it happens because the other side doesn't like screaming harassment and playing the victim so they get to play the victims all they want and libel the others as trolls and alt-right and Nazi's and whatever term they find and it's sad that people like you just fall for their name calling.
Even in the interview it self she tries to call him some alt-right(whatever the hell that means) provocateur because that is what they do with people daring to disagree with them.
It has become a silly pattern by now.

There was nothing really bad about Gamergate. The mainstream media and their opponents just said they were mean sexist trolls and just because they were saying it you people bought it. If you had checked comments at the time you would have seen that most gamergate people were just using a hashtag and giving decent arguments and this evil people looked to find some 12 year posting a "fuck you, hope you die" or even made such messages themselves(yes they were actually caught doing it) highlighted that and put it on TV and talk shows and created a narrative of the horrible gamegate trolls.

lol, gamergate was a right-wing movement (Now matter how many fake polls they take) now completely co-opted by the alt-right (as anyone can see if they browse Kia) hiding their ideals behind "ethic of game journalism" and driven by misogyny.

https://i.imgur.com/0p42GD6.png

https://i.imgur.com/1EfG76j.png

https://storify.com/strictmachine/gameovergate

Of course gamergate loves to claim they are aaaaaalll fake or "not send by true gators", because gamergate operates under the guide of "not a true Scotsman".
Feb 2, 2018 10:14 AM

Aug 2015
It's already too late mate.. SJW/PC/Feminists are already getting their hands into my weeb shit.. And there's no way to stop it.. We need to invent a holy grails and purge all kinds of cancer SJWs from the earth.. That it the only wae!
Feb 2, 2018 10:32 AM
Nov 2017
Shotmaker said:
Tsukeru-kun said:

And to add to my original post, it just irks me when you see people here whining about how their friends or classmates or Filthy Frank or whoever the fuck laughing at the anime fanbase and then they turn around and say "n-nuh uh, Netflix is gonna make anime for SJW meanies and normies :(".
What level of irony is this forum operating on?

It's not really just like the people on 4chan, some actually make sense, but yeah there's a lot that act like that, in 4chan is pretty bad because sudden go from I like this to other person saying that you are a SJW for liking this and religion suck even when there's no relation, one game did have a black woman as a protagonist and people go out of they way to say that's is a SJW propaganda just for the color of the protagonist
Feb 2, 2018 12:28 PM

Jun 2011
AdolChri said:
lol, gamergate was a right-wing movement (Now matter how many fake polls they take) now completely co-opted by the alt-right (as anyone can see if they browse Kia) hiding their ideals behind "ethic of game journalism" and driven by misogyny.

Of course gamergate loves to claim they are aaaaaalll fake or "not send by true gators", because gamergate operates under the guide of "not a true Scotsman".
so he says that there were bad people on both sides and your argument is showing some bad people..... *clap* *clap* *clap*
even in one of the screenshots it showed one of the users saying how everyone needs to stop with their trolling business or else it will just be used against them (like always)

"On the following day, The Escapist Magazine’s Co-founder Alexander “Archon” Macris, visited the IRC channel to cover their side of the story in an article.[18] In the article, the members of the channel shared how all the screenshots Quinn showed were taken out of context to mislead viewers or written by trolls attempting to disrupt the channel who were subsequently banned. Additional chatlogs[19] were provided for the missing context." -Knowyourmeme

its really a big mess to be honest and ive been looking for this 1 article that explained it nicely but have yet to find it again (took a long time reading that shit).... it really did spiral out of hand and had everyone using it to fight their own personal battles.
Feb 2, 2018 1:06 PM
Feb 2018
Killaclown said:
AdolChri said:

so he says that there were bad people on both sides and your argument is showing some bad people..... *clap* *clap* *clap*
even in one of the screenshots it showed one of the users saying how everyone needs to stop with their trolling business or else it will just be used against them (like always)

"On the following day, The Escapist Magazine’s Co-founder Alexander “Archon” Macris, visited the IRC channel to cover their side of the story in an article.[18] In the article, the members of the channel shared how all the screenshots Quinn showed were taken out of context to mislead viewers or written by trolls attempting to disrupt the channel who were subsequently banned. Additional chatlogs[19] were provided for the missing context." -Knowyourmeme

its really a big mess to be honest and ive been looking for this 1 article that explained it nicely but have yet to find it again (took a long time reading that shit).... it really did spiral out of hand and had everyone using it to fight their own personal battles.

lol,"both sides". The whole movement was born to spew vitriol at some people.

And knowyourmeme is literally written by gators themselves, it's the same site that claims 4chan died because everyone moved to 8chan when they were kicked out LOL. The IRC is hardly out of context, everyone saw the logs.

written by trolls

Not true scotsm... err gators!!!
Feb 2, 2018 1:43 PM

Jun 2011
AdolChri said:
Killaclown said:

And knowyourmeme is literally written by gators themselves, it's the same site that claims 4chan died because everyone moved to 8chan when they were kicked out LOL. The IRC is hardly out of context, everyone saw the logs.
it started after accusations of zoe quinn being "close" with the people that review her game, some a little "closer" than others, hence why you have ppl calling her a whore in those 2 1st images.... also name calling someone you dislike is a pretty common practice, especially on the interwebz (and yes im sure some were women haters)

dude KNOWYOURMEME was just saying what someone else said, i dont see how your view on the site matters concerning my copy+paste, with that said i have no clue what the escapist is lol (just an interview anyways)
https://m.imgur.com/a/Mfh61
"
written by trolls

Not true scotsm... err gators!!" ok fine, i guess trolls dont exist and people aren't straight up saying there were bad ppl/idiots involved, jesus christ you only "hear" what you want
edit: "written by trolls attempting to disrupt the channel who were subsequently banned." wonder where you learned that context trick from lol
Feb 2, 2018 1:46 PM

May 2009
lol, now this thread is relitigating gamergate, because just arguing over sjw and anime clearly wasn't flamebait enough
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 2, 2018 3:37 PM
Feb 2018
Killaclown said:
AdolChri said:

it started after accusations of zoe quinn being "close" with the people that review her game, some a little "closer" than others, hence why you have ppl calling her a whore in those 2 1st images.... also name calling someone you dislike is a pretty common practice, especially on the interwebz (and yes im sure some were women haters)

dude KNOWYOURMEME was just saying what someone else said, i dont see how your view on the site matters concerning my copy+pastel

Because gators literally wrote that article.

ok fine, i guess trolls dont exist and people aren't straight up saying there were bad ppl/idiots involved, jesus christ you only "hear" what you want

Of course they are going to say "it's just a troll mate!!" when they were caught red-handed. Of course the whole chat log was manufactured and they were just trolls... except gamergate has no leader, no manifest, no organization, no membership and these people were clearly enjoying their time in that chat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstGamerGate/comments/3iqq7e/an_essay_on_gamergates_pol_origins_and_evolution/

Gamergate's history is well documented and gators always keep changing its origin, scope, who-is-who and what-we-said. And ultimately it will always be a bunch of right-wing basement dwellers angry at the world.
Feb 2, 2018 4:04 PM

Jun 2011
AdolChri said:
Killaclown said:

dude KNOWYOURMEME was just saying what someone else said, i dont see how your view on the site matters concerning my copy+pastel

Because gators literally wrote that article.

ok fine, i guess trolls dont exist and people aren't straight up saying there were bad ppl/idiots involved, jesus christ you only "hear" what you want

Of course they are going to say "it's just a troll mate!!" when they were caught red-handed. Of course the whole chat log was manufactured and they were just trolls... except gamergate has no leader, no manifest, no organization, no membership and these people were clearly enjoying their time in that chat.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AgainstGamerGate/comments/3iqq7e/an_essay_on_gamergates_pol_origins_and_evolution/

Gamergate's history is well documented and gators always keep changing its origin, scope, who-is-who and what-we-said. And ultimately it will always be a bunch of right-wing basement dwellers angry at the world.
they interviewed gators so...... I guess?

i think we may have our wires crossed, people that were just hating on women for being women were trolls and... well some bad apples. the anti-sjw stuff and plans on using the movement for their own needs? (which happened on both sides) "it really did spiral out of hand and had everyone using it to fight their own personal battles." and im pretty anti-SJW myself sooooo lol (that doesnt mean pro racism and sexism like everyone keeps trying to say), also i've never been right wing.... see this is the problem with "anti" groups, everyone always labels it incorrectly to suit their own needs

so it started with the whole zoe quinn thing like i said lol.... also it gets fact checked in its own comment section lol
Feb 2, 2018 4:04 PM

Jun 2011
@GlennMagusHarvey Prison School dub apparently included Gamergate in it..... though yeah got off track lol
Feb 2, 2018 4:14 PM

Oct 2014
@killaclown @adolchri

You guys do know that Gamergate is dead now right? why do you 2 argue about something from 4 years ago?

Pls return to talking about Anime or else mods will come in and delete it thanks to derailment.
Feb 2, 2018 4:28 PM

May 2009
Killaclown said:
@GlennMagusHarvey Prison School dub apparently included Gamergate in it..... though yeah got off track lol
Some people hate dubs for "Americanizing" things but honestly that's how You're Under Arrest got fun.

But that's not even here nor there.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 2, 2018 4:31 PM

Aug 2017
They have already invaded

evidence: Yuri on ice
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2018 4:39 PM

Mar 2015
mimiiria said:
Kuma said:

What does a manga about black people have to do with Gamergate? Just because a series is about blacks it doesn't mean it's SJW material, in fact it can be quite the opposite. I think you're being quite presumptuous towards anti-SJW opinions here. In the case of Prison School anime, the dubbers purposefully altered the original script to promote their own ideology. That had nothing to do with the mangaka's world view and it wasn't the point he wanted to make in Prison School.

As for the latter example you posted, I've seen the anime shorts and it had nothing to do with gender politics. It was focused mostly on a normie wife and her nerdy husband and their daily life. What the hell has that to do with patriarchy? I don't know if the manga/LN actually is about feminist stuff, but your vague post definitely doesn't imply anything like that. Please post proper quotes as proof, if so.

Also, what the hell is the whole point you're trying to make? If an author/mangaka makes a political series, then it's totally fine to alter the message of their other works? That's absolutely retarded.

ohh, simply, SJW, and coincidentally, prison school author make stories about blakc racism... does that mean they follow SJW? infact quite opposite... it's purely artistic one and atuhor view and i thad nothing to do with SJW but has thinking that black racism is there..

again, my point is about japan and how much they didn't even care about western current craze... so no,japan wouldn't influenced by SJW but they has their own "SJW like" (i hate to called it that) idea as outsider... not because theywestern SJW/feminist influenced... this how it has been since long time...

same goes with danna ga nani that againts the norm that male is the one that had to working outisde... doesn't mean it follow feminist agenda....

assyrian said:

excuse me? how?
Feb 2, 2018 7:18 PM

Oct 2014
Tsukeru-kun said:
mimiiria said:

Yh that was the problem with Gamergate, it was a # and thus sveryone could pick it up and use it.
That just hindered the ones who truly were against game journalism.

Luckily Devilman crybaby proved to be an succes but, what surprised me the most is that such a gory series managed to be controversy free at the moment.
Feb 3, 2018 3:04 AM

Oct 2014
Kuma said:

assyrian said:

excuse me? how?

Well there eas this Crunchyroll awards of 2016 thing.

But that's it.

Funny how ppl talk about SJW and Anime only now even though there were things like Lesbian couples in Anime before the west did.
Feb 3, 2018 5:31 AM

Mar 2015
Bourmegar said:
Kuma said:

excuse me? how?

Well there eas this Crunchyroll awards of 2016 thing.

But that's it.

Funny how ppl talk about SJW and Anime only now even though there were things like Lesbian couples in Anime before the west did.

aren't that popularity poll? i mean, what's wrong with that?
Feb 3, 2018 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
Amazing, 5 pages of this. But here's a question, what's difference between SJW and anti-SJW?

Bourmegar said:
Luckily Devilman crybaby proved to be an succes but, what surprised me the most is that such a gory series managed to be controversy free at the moment.

Bruh it's not even about the gory parts being problem, audience has become numb to gore in 20th century, it's now cool with teenagers to call it transphobic because Satan, tell each and every one how enlightened you're about all the problematic stuff in Devilman (which is pretty stupid because it's not even about the goriness but rape, sexualizing minors and something about abusive relationships because it's not yuri on ice) but still morally free to ogle at yaois because you're critical. Also shipping wars, not even actually between shippers of that fandom but just this antis vs. pro-shippers that is still a thing for some reason.

tl;dr teenagers bitch fighting over their porn, normal people either admired the animation and music or thought it wasn't anything special. Expect that one Japanese dude who criticized Crybaby not being otaku only anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Saddest Anime Character Deaths

Henrique-Senpai - 3 hours ago

8 by Penguinman37 »»
5 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9146 by appledude1221 »»
10 minutes ago

» Favorite openings of 2024 so far?

Fukoku - 2 hours ago

3 by Penguinman37 »»
13 minutes ago

» Best anime of 2024 so far?

Fukoku - 2 hours ago

13 by Penguinman37 »»
16 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1029 by Neptune42 »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.