Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 21, 2017 3:48 PM

May 2015
Decent finale in my opinion. I wouldn't mind another season to be honest. I quite enjoyed this show actually.

8/10.

Jun 21, 2017 4:58 PM

Nov 2008
i hope they do another season.

Jun 21, 2017 8:44 PM

Jan 2013
Was i the only one who disliked Sistine in a wedding dress? I don't have anything about the dress but her hair, i prefer her much more with her daily hair.
It was a nice ending, this anime gave me much more than i expected from it, thanks to Glenn and his harem ahahah
That moment when Sistine left Glenn and said to not touch her was kinda stupid, like... he saved them x100 times, if it wasn't for him she and Rumia would be dead, and now he was doing all that he could save her and she was like "don't touch me, i'm afraid of you" wtf... But thankfully she came back and helped him.
She and Glenn did a pretty nice job together.
I doubt that they will make a 2nd season but we never know ;)
8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 21, 2017 8:53 PM
Oct 2016
The episode felt a little rushed, with things happening so quickly, but I'm glad they gave the rest of the backstories away (mostly). I hope there's a season 2 cos it doesn't feel complete (and Celica needs more screentime). Sistine looks nice in a wedding dress
bread is yummy
Jun 21, 2017 10:59 PM

Feb 2014
As most have already said, this had a great start but then the last two arcs were kind of run of the mill for magic school shows. Glenn was great throughout, he really made this show special, but everything around him couldn't hold up. Sistine and Rumia were alright, but I felt like they never really developed as much as I wanted them to.

Episode 2 was by far the best episode.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. It had a lot of potential, but didn't use it to its fullest ability. Still leagues better than the usual magic school show, but it looks like Chivalry will stay on top for now,
Jun 21, 2017 11:13 PM

Oct 2014
I was enjoying this show, especially Glenn's character until the last arc. The whole melodrama and blackmail shit was so cliche and bland. To top it off, the ending was rushed as heck and that generic, asshole of a villain pretty much got away scot-free.

Sorry, I wanted to rate it higher but it's a 6/10 for me, and a low 6 at that.
Light-Jun 21, 2017 11:31 PM
Jun 21, 2017 11:43 PM
Jun 2017
多くの批判コメントに腹が立ってしょうがない…ヽ(`Д´)ノ
これは君ら向けに作られたものじゃない
日本人向け
それを違法に視聴して、ああだこうだ言うのは間違ってるんじゃないの?
進撃の巨人でも観てなよ
あれは全世界を想定して作られてる
とにかく批判する権利を有するのはお金払ってる人たちだけ
株主が批判する権利を持つのは世界の常識
楽しんでくれてる人たちのことは素直にうれしい( ´∀`)b

I love this series f*cking much.
I am angry with many criticism comments ... ヽ (`Д ') ノ
This was not made for foreigners.
For Japanese only.
Watching it illegally, is not it wrong to say ah?

Even watch attack on titan.
It is made assuming the whole world.

Only those who are paying the right to criticize.
The common sense of the world that shareholders have the right to criticize.
It's nice to be honest with those who are having fun( ´∀`)b

Jun 22, 2017 2:40 AM

Mar 2009
^I watched it on Crunchyroll for the entire season. Legally. And I still didn't think it was that good of a series. Too many of these Magical High School Battle anime. It's annoying.
Jun 22, 2017 3:35 AM

Jun 2008
Anime started strong and entertaining....then went downhill.

Overly cliched and uninteresting ending definitely does not help!

Seriously, STOP using the girls as pawns and do something original or different!

I feel this anime just repeated itself too much.

Dem uniforms tho...
Jun 22, 2017 5:52 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As finals go thought this one was pretty enjoyable and fun to watch. Im glad that Sistine was saved by Glenn before Leo kissed her to seal the marriage though. It was sad seeing how sad Sistine was about the marriage that she's been forced into though. The appearance of the zombies which are victims of angel dust as well as their counter by the mage corps though was well done though. Those zombies though far from being dumb and pretty smart and intelligent with their tactics as well. I guess its normal for Sistine to be scared at seeing human beings be killed with magic though. The flashback into the events that led to Sara's death was also interesting. Seeing the normally funny Glenn use lethal force against his enemies is guess will be shocking for Sistine. Hmm so Leo well the real one is actually a dead man and it was in fact the main villain that was using his identity instead. One hell of a twist though. This guy sure has warped sense of what justice is though. Sistine's character have always struggled with perception of Glenn and recent actions have only caused this view of hers to change. But its nice that this struggle is shown here. The fight between Glenn and the main villain sure was interesting though. Seeing Glenn unshackle his powers though was worth it. Nice to see that Sistine managed to find the determination she needed to help protect Glenn though. Sistine's determination to bring Glenn back to her peaceful world though is really admirable. As is her determination to defend and protect him as well. Lol and Glenn finally uses Sistine's actual name. Sistine's skills at magic really is impressive though. Best partner ever. The power of trust and friendship is what won this battle though. Wow the main villain's final pose though. How ironic. Its nice that the series finished with a great ending though.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2017 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
the event seems forced.
marry a school girl when she's still studying, really?
it also feel rushed.
Glenn had an awesome and badass past, but somehow he can't even manage to fight fair and square everytime he enter battles.
Jun 22, 2017 8:04 AM

May 2017
Predictable show, cringy protagonist, terrible fight direction, overall a very crappy show
4/10

Also gotta I really hate that ungrateful fuck Sistine

Glenn is basically Subaru but without ptsd so he's basically less annoying and dumb than Subaru from Re:Zero/10
Jun 22, 2017 9:02 AM

Jan 2008
That entire first half was pretty dam hard to watch, in a cringy way.

The overall show was your standard "to increase light novel sale adaption and most likely won't get anywhere in the actual animated series". Oh well.
Jun 22, 2017 12:25 PM

Aug 2012
FireFistYamaan said:
Started off well, ended dissapointingly

I wholeheartedly agree.
Jun 22, 2017 3:49 PM

Sep 2010
It was nothing special, but the OP was cool tho. I might watch another season if it comes out
Jun 22, 2017 3:52 PM

Sep 2013
Finished, at last......... A bit weak end with bait-end.

Mediocre show which has pretty predictable events and flags. The show had a decent first impression, but gradually fell onto usual LN treaded path.

Jun 22, 2017 4:47 PM

Jan 2015
Celica, most overpowered useless character in 2017.
Jun 22, 2017 5:17 PM
Aug 2016
Vindikas said:
Celica, most overpowered useless character in 2017.

Yeah,kinda funny that her arc start right after anime ends and next 3 novels are more enjoyable and original in terms of content.Again,сram 5 novel volumes into 12 episodes and of course it will be rushed as fuck,pretty disappointing.
Jun 22, 2017 6:16 PM

Jun 2012
Overall it was awesome, the ending was like RUSHED. The ending was not bad per se but it just felt it hadn't the impact of the other arcs. The puppeteer was revealed and all but we didn't have almost no information of him and than he was defeated in just a third of an episode...
Jun 22, 2017 7:33 PM

Feb 2014
I would give this show a 7 but the last 3 episodes made my mind... giving this show a 6
Jun 22, 2017 10:01 PM
Nov 2014
"The ending is paramount" - GRArkada
Jun 23, 2017 8:20 AM

Nov 2016
Anime was too promising to me, but it went down with every arc. It wasn't anything special by the end and became too expected. Some Important characters are introduced without showing their contribution to the anime, it was Sara Silvers & Celica for me.
The Akashic records thingy isn't even explained as well.
The Anime doesn't even show its main direction or goals.

I hope one day majority of anime adaptions will be not for sake of selling novels/manga etc.. This one falls into such category.
Jun 23, 2017 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
madao3245 said:
多くの批判コメントに腹が立ってしょうがない…ヽ(`Д´)ノ
これは君ら向けに作られたものじゃない
日本人向け
それを違法に視聴して、ああだこうだ言うのは間違ってるんじゃないの?
進撃の巨人でも観てなよ
あれは全世界を想定して作られてる
とにかく批判する権利を有するのはお金払ってる人たちだけ
株主が批判する権利を持つのは世界の常識
楽しんでくれてる人たちのことは素直にうれしい( ´∀`)b

I love this series f*cking much.
I am angry with many criticism comments ... ヽ (`Д ') ノ
This was not made for foreigners.
For Japanese only.
Watching it illegally, is not it wrong to say ah?

Even watch attack on titan.
It is made assuming the whole world.

Only those who are paying the right to criticize.
The common sense of the world that shareholders have the right to criticize.
It's nice to be honest with those who are having fun( ´∀`)b

Many of the bad comments are the elitists that wouldn't know a good anime if it hit them right in the face. But it was great and i'm hoping we get a second or 3rd season which continues the story-line since they left it opened for that. We have been having a good year for anime.
Jun 23, 2017 2:11 PM

Mar 2016
This anime showed a lot of potential early in the season and there were sparks of greatness throughout but this final episode epitomized why this series didn't become a hit sensation. They had the option to take the story in a darker direction with more depth but instead kept things light and fluffy. The final battle was disappointing and anticlimactic. I was hoping for a little more out of this finale and I just got let down in the end. This anime is still a good one and a really enjoyable watch but at the end all I can do is give this anime a 7/10 overall.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 23, 2017 3:48 PM

Sep 2014
Sistine looking real nice with that dress .
Probably the most boring wedding in history, only the students were there haha. Still glad Glenn crashed it.
Sistine fighting with Glenn was pretty nice as predictable as it was.

This series started pretty good but then it got a bit repetitive with the Rumia kidnappings and then the rushed end, still many things unexplained.
Hopefully they'll fix things if season 2 happened, oh and more Celica please, she hardly got any screen time .-.

Was a pretty enjoyable series, really liked Glenn as protagonist, I'm gonna miss those chibis too.
Jun 24, 2017 10:16 AM
Apr 2016
Idk i think the reason why the ending is kinda not like an ending at all (idk the words open? Cliffhanger? Or something like that) is because they only made the anime just for the ln promotion, i think there's an explanation in youtube out there related to this kind of ending. So, it might dont have a season 2. But let's just hope im wrong.
Jun 24, 2017 6:26 PM

Mar 2012
As always I'm sure the LN does a better job but it's a rushed adaptation, plain and simple. The romance is weirdly split between Lumia and Sistine. The action for the most part is fairly lacking. The entire plot could be described as "stuff goes down and Guren comes in and saves ass." It's a little sad since the last arc was a real opportunity to shine but it was heavily crammed toward the end when the beginning was the part that should've been condensed.

I'd watch a season 2 but with the way they burned bridges on this adaptation, not sure we'll ever hear of it again.
Jun 25, 2017 12:43 PM

Apr 2016
I have enjoyed watching the complete season, but the ending was badly rushed and left me with bittersweet feelings. Still, I am giving it an 8 / 10 and looking forward to get a second season! (o.o)
Jun 25, 2017 5:02 PM

Aug 2012
Average series. I enjoyed the first half then got bored on second-half

but seriously that white haired dude can easily kill Glenn and Sestina yet he run (for season 2)

Jun 25, 2017 9:53 PM

Mar 2011
I don't know why it's so popular and has high score - maybe thanks to naked bellys (which was dumb)? Story was so predictible after 3rd episode. I am ashamed that I have completed it. 4/10 and burn in hell.
hitokiri1859 said:

Many of the bad comments are the elitists that wouldn't know a good anime if it hit them right in the face. But it was great and i'm hoping we get a second or 3rd season which continues the story-line since they left it opened for that. We have been having a good year for anime.

Said someone who gives 9 and 10s to almost every title. :D For you every anime is good and your opinion is not worth a penny.
masagratorJun 26, 2017 2:29 AM
Jun 25, 2017 10:07 PM

Oct 2008
season 1 finale episode feels rushed!
as usual villan would easily defeated by tag team Sistine & Glenn...
4/5.
7/10. -> started as interesting but ended-up as mediocre.

Jun 25, 2017 10:13 PM

Sep 2009
It really would've been fine if they just made a really good battle scene; even if they had to make it non-canon.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 26, 2017 12:09 AM

Feb 2010
last fight was fcking horrible
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 26, 2017 10:18 AM

Apr 2014
masagrator said:
I don't know why it's so popular and has high score - maybe thanks to naked bellys (which was dumb)? Story was so predictible after 3rd episode. I am ashamed that I have completed it. 4/10 and burn in hell.
hitokiri1859 said:

Said someone who gives 9 and 10s to almost every title. :D For you every anime is good and your opinion is not worth a penny.

My rating isnt for you plebs its for me to decide what i want to watch. I couldn't give a damn about you or anyone else oWo
Jun 26, 2017 5:45 PM

Nov 2015
Ending was great but not masterpiece. Ending didn't feel like it's going to end that's why.

- We demand S2 because ending wasen't even that great...

9/10
4/5
Jun 28, 2017 5:27 AM

Aug 2016
Good anime, Loved the art and character designs, it had good action and comedy. 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Jun 28, 2017 8:50 AM

Oct 2013
Not the best finale ever, 2 vs 1 doesn't seems fair for Jatice. Pretty sure Jatice would beat the crap out of Glenn if it wasn't because of Sistine who helped him, and that's kinda annoying. First couple episodes were fun to watch but it just going downwards after since.

Overall score 6/10
Jun 29, 2017 2:05 AM

Feb 2013
This was a pretty solid show. No major complaints, and it was pretty hilarious.

8/10
Jun 29, 2017 12:26 PM
Mar 2017
I'm so late but o well.
Imo it shouldn't have tried to go serious, it couldn't pull it off. The first half was solid 7/10 possibly 8/10 but that last half was just dreadful
Jun 29, 2017 11:39 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, that last episode just wasn't very good. It was glaringly obvious that tried to stuff too much into this one and the last episode, which took away from any tension it was trying to portray. A bit unfortunate, but the show was entertaining on the whole.
Jun 30, 2017 12:10 AM

Jul 2009
First arc was genuinely good, then all of a sudden everything went downhill. It's a shame really since the show had potential with its interesting MC. Still better than most others in its genre though, I'll give it that. Not looking forward to a second season but I wouldn't mind either way.

5/10
Jun 30, 2017 8:30 AM

Apr 2014
As expected form LIDENFILMS studio, they never know how to make a good ending.
Well at least this is an improvement compared to their last projects.
If there's S2 (S1 open-ended) I don't if I'll watch, anyway I'll rate this anime 6 (or 7) out 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 30, 2017 9:37 AM
Oct 2007
The first arc of this show personally for me is very impressive and memorable. Season 2 please!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2017 5:21 PM

Jun 2016
PurpleJaeden said:
So let's break it down:
- Glenn still isn't know as a mass murderer/killing machine
- Sistine negates all the spells from one of the strongest military mages
- Celica is still not doing anything in this story except for wasting time
- Rumia is pretty much just an object, only worth something for her power, which she never uses and which is also really neglectable, but for some reason it's not
- The whole class magically shows up after every fight just ended

Oh right and Glenn decides not to kill the bad guy just because Sistine was tired.

I enjoyed this show and was hoping for a cliffhanger ending which wasn't rushed so this would be half decent.

Welp, it was fun for most of the episodes eventhough it was never a good show. it was entertaining

My thoughts exactly. There's potential here, but was average at best. And the ending wasn't good at all.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jul 2, 2017 12:43 PM

Jun 2013
It seemed a little rushed towards the end but overall i think it was a great wrap to the series.
Jul 3, 2017 5:46 AM

Dec 2009
Ending was a little too light, but I enjoyed the series nonetheless.

I like the metamorphosis of Sara being his driving force to the students. For what it was, his interactions with his students were a big positive for me, particularly Sistine.

Hope for a season 2, but I'd be happy if it ended here as well.
Jul 3, 2017 5:59 AM

Jul 2015
Sheesh, I should have finished this a while ago, anyway, anime was pretty good, I enjoyed the character interactions and the happier moments made me happy, but the more serious moments either felt rushed or kind of... lame. The first couple of episodes were the best in my opinion and are probably the only episodes I would rewatch. 6/10.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 3, 2017 12:43 PM

Nov 2015
Pretty much what most people say here, I agree. I enjoyed the series quite well, especially the first half got me good. Came for the school outfit, stayed for Glenn, Shiro Neko and first couple of arcs. But as always, now that its over a couple of things bothers me:

1. Why Celica was such a useless character even though she has been kinda presented as... an all mighty powerful, skilled, beautiful character.
2. We don't know enough about Rumia. Not much development on her part. (except the fact that people like to kidnap her a lot).
3. We don't know who is this Sara person and what's her relationship with Glenn and connection with Sistine (Was she her mother or what?)

..and a couple of other things but yeah.. so many cliffhangers. Pretty sure just like many other Anime out there, the cliffhanger won't get answered and we won't get a conclusion. Low chance for this kind of series to get another season.

7/10 (almost 8/10 at some point) for many unexplained things but cutest outfit ever and Glenn was a nice change from your typical MC-kun archetype
Jul 4, 2017 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
Sistine did have some character development in the end. Alright open ending.
Jul 5, 2017 8:30 PM

May 2015
Not going to lie in my opinion the ending felt a little bit anticlimactic but that was because the villain was introduce in this episode (the last one in terms of fighting capabilities [yes he fought in the last one but I’m talking his real self]) so to me the fight felt like it was going at warp speed mode in the sense that for me to believe in the bond if I may say between hero & villain I need to see more of the villain 7 her/his antic to believe/buy in their feelings/exchanging when it comes to blows in terms of fighting… nonetheless this show for me was a good watch.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2017

336 by nicolasfk »»
May 21, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

135 by amf85 »»
Apr 22, 12:37 PM

» Season 2?

LaughingCoffinx - Oct 17, 2017

44 by Walker1121 »»
Mar 26, 9:33 AM

» How do you feel about Fibel Sistine? ( 1 2 )

Eromanga-sensei - Jun 8, 2017

57 by someone_idkwho »»
Jan 30, 9:23 AM

Poll: » Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2017

192 by SlightlyThicc »»
Jan 27, 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.