Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Taboo Tattoo
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 5, 2016 7:06 PM
Jul 2012
Pretty good op and ed. Very generic first episode, concept reminds me of Darker than Black but first episode seems to follow more like Strike the Blood or Owari no Seraph (aka pretty generic...). It has promise. First episode was pretty good action wise and female mc was funny. Also Male MC was Saitama VA.

9/10

That flashback to the father telling him to reach out his hand to activate his taboo though....bleh...
mattx0rJul 5, 2016 7:17 PM
Jul 5, 2016 7:11 PM

May 2013
seems nice.
just bit boring with mc that has bland justice thing.
and his scene with osananajimi is so old and cliche.
Jul 5, 2016 9:40 PM

Jul 2007
RedaJaNai said:
Fai said:
What is this? A Show from JC Staff that is actually DECENT, has a good animation and good directing?

Er... You should check out Shokugeki no Soma.

I've read the beginning of the manga of Taboo Tatoo and thought it was nothing exceptional. Your post tho convinced me to try out the first episode.

I liked Soma, but it had nothing on the level of the fights here.
Jul 5, 2016 10:20 PM

Sep 2013
Wow. Lots of complaints about this show having a generic plot. I don't really mind that. I don't need every anime I watch to be a mind-bending new cerebral experience in order to enjoy it. This show had decent characters, interesting, flashy animation and was fun. I enjoyed it on its own merit even if it didn't bring anything shockingly new to the table.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 6, 2016 12:12 AM

Apr 2015
Very unique and special, I haven't seen something similar to this in a very very long time....
Jul 6, 2016 12:45 AM

Aug 2009
I'm enjoying it so far. The fights are animated amazingly well.
Jul 6, 2016 1:52 AM

Jun 2016
Love the fighting scenes..
Jul 6, 2016 2:17 AM
Dec 2015
Orah said:
Characters are soo badass and the animation is realy good!

Can't wait for the next '^'

Agreed with you ,

Some fun in this episodes :P
Jul 6, 2016 4:18 AM

Jun 2014
I almost bought the manga for this, so when i saw it was becomming an anime i was like "well, lets see how this goes."
AND SO FAR I LIKE IT.
Nothing too special, but good enough to keep me entertained, as well as get a few laughs out of me.

Looking forward to this one
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jul 6, 2016 4:39 AM

May 2012
1st episode was so good. I will keep watching
Jul 6, 2016 4:48 AM

Aug 2012
I expect less but that was good. I really like the fighting scene hoping to see much longer soon. The little comedy is fine enough to keep further watching too :)
Jul 6, 2016 5:05 AM

Oct 2014
The name is what caught my attention, seems interesting so far. But it did the one anime cliche i hate the most, character beats the shit out of main character then main character forgets about that happening and becomes all buddy buddy with that character.
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Jul 6, 2016 6:35 AM

Dec 2013
Love the show it's needlessly over the top with some really well animated and beautiful action scenes. It's good in a jacky chan kind of way
Jul 6, 2016 8:08 AM

Feb 2016
I'll continue watching for a few eps to give it a fair shot, but it didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. The animation was choppy at parts and just looked off in other areas, the humor was no good, and all the dialogue and jokes were delivered so fast that it felt like I was watching it in fast-forward.
Jul 6, 2016 8:27 AM

Jan 2014
Good episode, I like the animation, pretty funny and the personality of the MC seems very interesting, I guess it will be a good anime.
Jul 6, 2016 8:30 AM

May 2013
Okay, the story is pretty generic... but damn, the fighting was what pulled me in - Pretty good!
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jul 6, 2016 11:40 AM

Feb 2015
tbh, nothing new for the story, it looked generic to me although the tatoo things and theory looks interesting to me.

and now, for the animation which really bothers me. just gonna be honest, i enjoyed this episode, but at the same time, it felt weird because of the animation. first time i have see that kind of animation (not the action scene) but when it comes to the action, damn it was really great xD feels like they are saving the budget only for the fight scene and it even made well. but i need a few more times to get used to the animation other than the fight scene xD

anyway, i enjoyed this episode and kinda looking foward for the next episode.
pretty good OP and ED song btw :D
Jul 6, 2016 12:22 PM

Mar 2012
The fight scenes were the only redeemable factor to this, fairly unoriginal plotwise, episode. Everything else was just boring, but the comedy was particularly bad, complete overkill. Even though I had really low expectations, it still managed to disappoint. Oh well...

Jul 6, 2016 1:57 PM

May 2014
Ugh, too many women in this anime -,-
I'll stick around for the fights as they're nicely done but that's it.
Jul 6, 2016 3:51 PM
Mar 2012
What the heck, the pacing in this episode was faster than light. I've seen recap episodes that have went slower. Just one thing straight after another, no time to let things sink in before we are yanked away for the next part. Feels like they've taken several scenes from the source material and forced the content into a single scene, or something.

It seriously feels like we are watching an abridge of an abridge. As if somebody edited the first couple of episodes and stripped out all but the most very basic development and plot details. As soon as the protagonist gets to class he is already showing people his tattoo, and is getting told what it likely is from his friend. They practically skipped the traditional episode of hiding it, the episode of slowly finding out what it is, etc, that you'd usually get from a story as cliched as this.

And guess what, I'm not complaining. The writers know that this story has been done to death and is rushing through the cliche shit. Or at least, that is what I hope is happening. Once it gets to the interesting meat of the series, either the same quick-paced crap will happen, or we will have more time for the unique story? Hope for the latter. I mean, if you are going to go for this tired formula, may as well just get to the juicy parts.

But who am I kidding, I'm probably just getting my hopes up. This was boring, and it'll probably continue to be boring. 3 episode rule, though.
RyanSharpJul 6, 2016 4:04 PM
meh
Jul 6, 2016 10:32 PM

Aug 2012
Memor said:
Characters' names are weird.
I like especially the MC's name, not the MC himself. His name was great for a change "Seigi" = Righteous, Justice. I'm tired of names like Yuu, Yuuki, Aoi, Shiro, etc. It could be a major turnoff for me just hearing the generic overused MC names. As for the other characters, yeah but that's anime for you.

MC was generic and bland though, typical dense and lucky bastard who got cute osananajimi whose always took care of him but he never even paid a slight attention (¬_¬)
Overall decent first episode. Saving graces were the fight scenes and catchy OP&ED songs ╮(╯▽╰)╭

KamSung said:
Ugh, too many women in this anime -,-
I'll stick around for the fights as they're nicely done but that's it.
Agreed. I hope this won't go down the abomination godforsaken harem route with every girls fawning over MC.
-Shinrei-Jul 6, 2016 10:35 PM
Jul 7, 2016 1:12 AM

Nov 2008
Mayuka said:
visuals were so nice. i really like that...dark setting but glowing characters thing they're doing. it reminds me of how JC did with railgun/index. very good for sci-fi anime.

i'm really interested in the story so far. so yeah consider me hooked.

RedaJaNai said:

Er... You should check out Shokugeki no Soma.

honey and clover, nodame cantabile, love stage... JC does a lot of damn good anime lol

Haven't watch this yet but I do not cop JC Staff haters. They are responsible for some of my favorite anime and hundreds of series for decades now and have markedly contributed popular titles within the anime genre.

J.C staff are responsible for some of my favorite household names like: Toradora, Sakurasou, Shakugan no Shana, Zero no Tsukaima, Golden Time, KARE KANO His and Her circumstances, Ai Yori Aoshi, Kimi Kiss Pure Rouge and ones I didn't care for but are historic like Azumanga Daioh. If you didn't like those series fine but they were still wildly popular. If you don't know those names then you need to do a bit more research.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you. If there isn't several titles in the hundreds that they have produced over decades that you have enjoyed I would eat my hat...
AnistylezJul 7, 2016 1:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jul 7, 2016 1:25 AM

Apr 2015
Entertaining, who doesn't love a good martial arts anime. Looking forward to more of this show :)
Jul 7, 2016 2:09 AM

Nov 2015
Not bad for a first episode, the action scenes were good.

Jul 7, 2016 5:23 AM

Sep 2015
A little disappointing for the first episode. Fight choreography was nice but the stylized humour felt ill-fitting and not to my tastes. Reminds me of FMA:B where it just would have been better off without it. If you have to exaggerate or stylize a scene in order to make someone laugh then the humour wasn't good enough in the first place.

Aside from that, him having a "triggerless tattoo" is banal as far as tropes go whilst also raising a red flag for deus ex machinas. Is he ever in a situation where he's gonna die? It's K because his tattoo can activate no matter what. How convenient.

But as said, the fight scenes were decent. Some interesting camera angles and panning. Can be a good action flick, if nothing else.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 7, 2016 5:52 AM

Mar 2009
Well apparently opposed to the norm, I aactually thought that was pretty great. Sure there were a few scenes with shotty animation, but so much made up for that. I really like the seinen character designs. The direction was great, along with the cinematography. The fight scenes were awesome, especially the first one. And the random cute/funny moments were a nice touch. And I really liked the ED song. Will definitely stay with this one.
Jul 7, 2016 9:19 AM

Apr 2011
Surpassed my expectations, thankfully. Was actually surprised to see that JC Staff was making this. As far as the episode goes, loved it. I'd have liked to see a bit more of that Izzy ass, but I seeing her animated will do for now. Now, we just need the lesbo-princess and her cat slave to make their appearances as soon as possible.
Jul 7, 2016 7:52 PM

Jul 2015
3 Minutes in and I no longer had any idea as to what to expect from this, because of how they went from super serious, to sudden comedy in 0.2 seconds with those thugs running away. I mean, I get that it is a comedy, but I wasn't expecting that kind. Then there was bouncing, and bread, and running into people around corners, sudden wreckage, and I gave up trying to figure this out. Not that that's a bad thing, I've watched plenty of anime without knowing what kind of tone they were going with, and still found them enjoyable to some degree.

Anyway. Touko. I like Touko. And the animation and fighting were freaking awesome, a lot of work went into that, and I like that. Shall continue watching.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 8, 2016 2:42 AM

May 2015
I feel that they'll fix out those flash anims and eccentric lighting (cause TV broadcast standards like in UBW) when BD comes out.

But yeah pretty liked how the director opted to exert more effort and work in the action and combat scenes rather than throwing the budget on simpleton actions. The first episode delivered in my case.

Those with dirty minds will find my Steam pic offensive
Jul 8, 2016 3:38 AM

May 2014
Ha its a grey-haired Saber with a knife
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Jul 8, 2016 4:03 PM

Jul 2016
Was pretty good. Liked the fight scenes.

Going to be alot of fan service though.
Jul 8, 2016 5:36 PM

Jun 2012
What's with the animation? Sometimes looks awesome other times really bad...
Jul 8, 2016 7:33 PM
Dec 2013
Is this a battle harem?
Jul 9, 2016 12:31 AM

Dec 2013
pretty good. I pray the animation quality doesn't drop next episode.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jul 9, 2016 3:20 AM
May 2016
Interesting episode, decent animation and the camera angles, I like it. The fight scenes was intense. Nice OP and ED.
Jul 9, 2016 5:53 AM

Oct 2015
Madlib said:
I guess it was ok. Seems somewhat generic but I'll give it a shot. The fighting was kind of cool.

The premise was interesting. The characters were also good.

Looking forward to this.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 9, 2016 4:58 PM
Apr 2014
Looks promising if they don't go overboard with the chibi comedy shots. I don't have a big problem with those but if there are too many it gets kinda annoying. The type of joke they are used for usually is the same, too. Gets old relatively fast.
Jul 10, 2016 12:05 AM

Nov 2008
Although different in substance this feels like J.C Staff's spiritual successor to Shakugan no Shana even if you feel that is just based on popularity and genre. I wouldn't be surprised to see some light romance similar to that series as well. Ichinose seems to be a pleasant combination of Yoshida from Shana and Minorin from Toradora :) Male MC design reminds me most of Sasuke from Naruto and the action scene was something you'd see out of a good episode of Naruto.
AnistylezJul 10, 2016 12:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jul 10, 2016 1:00 AM

Apr 2016
Me liek! The concept and characters are pretty interesting, so I'll be looking forward to enjoy this show.
Jul 10, 2016 9:34 PM

Apr 2010
Read the manga after this episode, didn't like how the story goes from here. Gonna pass on this show.
Jul 10, 2016 10:35 PM
Apr 2014
Eh, seemed okay. Fighting scenes looked pretty cool.
Jul 11, 2016 8:44 AM

Dec 2009
Liked this a lot more than I thought I would.
Generic as hell, but extremely fun to watch.
The comedy was sudden and always on place, loved the childhood friend with the boobies. Also the main girl was fun. Great voice acting by both.

Good OP and ED.
Jul 11, 2016 8:55 AM

Apr 2015
Well...thought it was okay?

Just okay though. High possibility of a drop

The main girl dressed like a certain Sylvie
LanzJul 11, 2016 9:01 AM
Jul 11, 2016 1:09 PM
Apr 2015
This episode was horrid....
The sound quality was absolute trash i've heard better sound quality from old cartoons.
The animations sucked as well honestly nothing in this episode shows that it is even worth a watch and makes me question what they blew their budget on with such lackluster everything.

Literally one of the worst anime episodes I have watched definitely the worst sound quality.
Jul 11, 2016 8:56 PM

Sep 2015
I really didn't like this one, might at least watch the first three episodes if I have time. The animation was frequently awful, complete with lazy character movements, flat backgrounds and awkward CG use. The streets of this town seemed so poorly rendered and out of place with the characters. Weirdly enough though I thought some of the martial artish fight scenes were alright.

What was the final nail in the coffin of this thoroughly unenjoyable premiere though, was how flat I found the characters. I particularly hated the protagonists childhood friend, and he wasn't much better. The goofy American villain was amusing but mostly for how cliche he was. And the female lead seems like she could be alright but I could also see her character getting boring pretty quick. Not a fan, can't see myself finishing this one.
Jul 12, 2016 10:08 AM

Nov 2015
Animation was top notch beside some silly animations sometimes.
Liking the MC and the function of the tattoes were well explained.
Some good fight scenes in the pilot episode already which makes fancy for more.

4/5
Jul 12, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2016
Anybody know where I can find episode 1 English dub? I've been looking everywhere and all I can find is subbed.
Jul 12, 2016 5:46 PM

Oct 2008
Looks nice also!
But Damn! the fighting animation is superb!
May'n for OP great!
4/5.

Jul 12, 2016 9:58 PM

Jun 2013
"..super-scientific weapons..."

So, uh, is that a direct translation? Nothing says scientifically-based like "super-scientific"
Jul 12, 2016 11:53 PM
Jun 2013
The only thing that bothered me this episode was the deus ex machina and how abrupt it came. MC is the generic shounen MC.

Other than that, this was enjoyable!
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2016

120 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 1:09 PM

» Does anyone know why this anime has this hate and low ratings

Naveen6662246 - Apr 3

12 by Redetzky »»
Apr 7, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2016

188 by ryzxgum »»
Mar 3, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

138 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Taboo Tattoo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

96 by Komlan_6 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.