Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2015 9:01 AM

Mar 2015
LordBanana said:
Tlahuizcapante said:

Ok, thanks.
Jul 5, 2015 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
Moodie said:
its only going to adapt the first 2 vols

That's good to hear. I thought this anime would be rushed.
I like anime.
Jul 5, 2015 9:16 AM

Feb 2014
That was awesome! I really like the MC, especially his fighting style, he looks like he always has something up his sleeve, so cool.

The main girl that was introduced looks really cool too, I like her.

Great first episode, really looking forward to see how this will go.
Jul 5, 2015 9:26 AM
Nov 2009
so, how come Adlet will suspected as someone who doesn't belong to the Brave of flower when he journey together with Nashetania (that saint of sword woman).

Can't she vouch for him or unless she is the one who isn't?

Really like the character design so far and the pacing.
Jul 5, 2015 9:29 AM
Feb 2015
I like it so far, another fantasy anime to watch this summer! Looking forward to the next episode!!!
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jul 5, 2015 10:34 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I enjoyed this one. Adelt is a pretty cool guy, and the princess with the bunny ears is super cute, and has surprisingly badass powers.

I like the aesthetic in this one, by that I mean the Maya/Inca influence in the architecture and the styles of clothing. It sort of separates it from other anime.

I think this was a pretty good start. I'll be looking forward to meeting the other Braves.
Jul 5, 2015 10:41 AM

Aug 2012
I'm not really fond at fantasy but this one looks promising ...
Jul 5, 2015 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
My most anticipated anime of the summer season and the first episode didn't disappoint!! I'm really looking forward to the other heroes and hoping that the awesome quality won't drop as we go by. Knowing that it was a very good adaption makes it even better.
Jul 5, 2015 11:11 AM
Oct 2010
Also, where are people getting the impression that there's a traitor among them? Maybe I'm missing something here but I didn't see them mention that. It was late at night when I watched it though so maybe I just didn't notice.
Jul 5, 2015 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
skudoops said:
Also, where are people getting the impression that there's a traitor among them? Maybe I'm missing something here but I didn't see them mention that. It was late at night when I watched it though so maybe I just didn't notice.

That's because the trailer and synopsis were saying it.
Jul 5, 2015 11:15 AM
Oct 2010
Zefyris said:
skudoops said:

Ah ok, I didn't look at either so that's why I guess. I suppose he was lowkey implying that when they were talking about the the potential saints being killed by fiends and that fiends alone couldn't do it.
Jul 5, 2015 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
skudoops said:
Zefyris said:

Ah ok, I didn't look at either so that's why I guess. I suppose he was lowkey implying that when they were talking about the the potential saints being killed by fiends and that fiends alone couldn't do it.

Well, usually, they shouldn't have spoiled such info in the synopsis/trailer, since it will probably not be known before the end of the 3rd episode. but the thing is, if they don't appeal to potential watchers by saying "there is more to it that it seems at first" , too many peoples risk to not view this show as something more than a completely cliché heroic fantasy story. Which is lethal here since the most incredible part of this title is indeed the story itself. It's sad that they had to do it, but at the same time, there's no helping it. You know as much as me if you look at those boards how fast are some peoples drop shows "it's boooring, they talked for 5 minutes omg can't believe it, dropped". In fact, looking at the stats, there's already several hundred persons who dropped that show at the first episode (as unbelievable that it is for me~) despite that.
Jul 5, 2015 11:31 AM

Nov 2010
The visuals were great and the story seems like a interesting story.

will continue
Jul 5, 2015 11:34 AM

Jul 2007
skudoops said:

Trailer
Synopsis
6 Heroes yet 7 heroes in opening.
Jul 5, 2015 11:35 AM

Apr 2013
Ah right, the opening is doing it too indeed.
Jul 5, 2015 12:08 PM

Feb 2015
Love the character designs, great animation as well. More importantly the story seems interesting as do the characters. Shame it's only 12 episodes but this could be a season favourite.
Jul 5, 2015 12:13 PM

Jun 2015
I love this first episode. it's awesome. Hope this keeps up!!!
Read Toriko!
Jul 5, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
well no one was really analyzing the spoilers till u guys did

so thx alot smh
Jul 5, 2015 12:19 PM

Aug 2014
Not bad. The settings already got me interested.
Okay, and the MC reminded me lots of character from other series for some reason!
Jul 5, 2015 12:23 PM

Dec 2013
Watched the episode 2 times today because why not. Really amazing setting, at this point everybody probably knows I'm a sucker for those. The character designs could be less... LN-ish, but it doesn't matter. The pacing is really on the slow side which I find absolutely crucial in such fantasy adventures plus the mystery tag is also raising my hype for this.

The soundtrack was very on point, even if not something miraculous. The artwork is pretty standart, though a bit above average I feel. The animation seemed pretty darn well, though this may be just good animation directing.

Overall, one of the most surprising titles of this season.
Jul 5, 2015 12:24 PM

Jul 2012
This first episode was very interesting. They showed a good introduction of the characters. The MC is very likable too!
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 5, 2015 12:24 PM

Apr 2015
Kay_Lite said:
Not bad. The settings already got me interested.
Okay, and the MC reminded me lots of character from other series for some reason!

He reminded me Sinbad from Magi :v
Jul 5, 2015 12:27 PM

Apr 2013
Moodie said:

so thx alot smh

-anime key visual (like the picture MAL use for this anime)
-Trailer
-Opening (including the lyrics IIRC)
-Ending
-Synopsis
-Anime website

All of them are telling you there's 7 heroes. I think that's enough for most peoples to have noticed, and there are indeed a lots of peoples here who already started speculating about who is the traitor even though the others have yet to be introduced. Those peoples AREN'T LN readers, and they didn't read LN spoils, either.
It's the wish of the anime studio for peoples to know of that plot element from the start. This is most probably to appeal about the fact that this isn't just a simple generic heroic fantasy plot, and avoid peoples dropping it for being generic before they can bring that plot point in that will change everything.
Jul 5, 2015 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
Zefyris said:
Moodie said:

so thx alot smh

-Trailer
-Ending
-Synopsis
-Anime website

All of them are telling you there's 7 heroes. I think that's enough for most peoples to have noticed, and there are indeed a lots of peoples here who already started speculating about who is the traitor even though the others have yet to be introduced. Those peoples AREN'T LN readers, and they didn't read LN spoils, either.
It's the wish of the anime studio for peoples to know of that plot element from the start. This is most probably to appeal about the fact that this isn't just a simple generic heroic fantasy plot, and avoid peoples dropping it for being generic before they can bring that plot point in that will change everything.
i came in this blind as a bat

i mean its not a real spoiler but next time i should watch myself in anime discussions...i didnt think ppl would talk or speculate beyond this episode
Jul 5, 2015 12:32 PM

Jul 2014
Moodie said:
Zefyris said:

-Trailer
-Ending
-Synopsis
-Anime website

i came in this blind as a bat

i mean its not a real spoiler but next time i should watch myself in anime discussions...i didnt think ppl would talk or speculate beyond this episode

Well, I mean it IS a mystery anime, so you can't exactly blame them.
"Hi!"
Jul 5, 2015 12:46 PM

Jan 2015
Promising start

Can't wait to see the rest of the warrior they seem interesting!
Jul 5, 2015 1:14 PM
Oct 2010
Zefyris said:

Well, usually, they shouldn't have spoiled such info in the synopsis/trailer, since it will probably not be known before the end of the 3rd episode. but the thing is, if they don't appeal to potential watchers by saying "there is more to it that it seems at first" , too many peoples risk to not view this show as something more than a completely cliché heroic fantasy story. Which is lethal here since the most incredible part of this title is indeed the story itself. It's sad that they had to do it, but at the same time, there's no helping it. You know as much as me if you look at those boards how fast are some peoples drop shows "it's boooring, they talked for 5 minutes omg can't believe it, dropped". In fact, looking at the stats, there's already several hundred persons who dropped that show at the first episode (as unbelievable that it is for me~) despite that. [/quote]

Yeah I see what you are saying.

CookingPriest said:

Trailer
Synopsis
6 Heroes yet 7 heroes in opening.

Lmfao I didn't even notice 7 in the opening, but to be fair I wasn't counting either.
Jul 5, 2015 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
Great first episode, before watching it I feared this show would be just another generic fantasy action show, but now I think there's more to it.

And I liked the aztec style it has, I hope it stays with that just because it's so rare.
Jul 5, 2015 1:56 PM

Feb 2009
Really good but I didn't know what to expect. I'm here mostly for the art, but now I'm interested in the story. This is what I wanted when I started DanMachi, so I hope this doesn't turn into romance/harem/ex-machina plotline, and we'll be all good this summer!

Jul 5, 2015 2:59 PM

Mar 2010
That red haired main guy is really hot.
Jul 5, 2015 3:28 PM

Mar 2013
Only thing that really stood out to me was the setting it was pretty unique and also the mc's main fighting style being more of the trickster type which isnt something we see too often from mc in anime aside from that nothing too special but it was still fun to watch
Jul 5, 2015 3:28 PM
May 2015
DarcyD said:
Really good but I didn't know what to expect. I'm here mostly for the art, but now I'm interested in the story. This is what I wanted when I started DanMachi, so I hope this doesn't turn into romance/harem/ex-machina plotline, and we'll be all good this summer!

What's wrong with adding romance to a Shounen? (Besides the fact most of them can't comprehend what's a romance in the first place.....)
Jul 5, 2015 3:45 PM

May 2015
well, one more great anime.. now we're goes to mayan culture maybe?

at visual, it's more like this anime will replacing danmachi this season
Jul 5, 2015 3:54 PM

Apr 2014
[center][size=90]Okay, okay. I'll admit that maybe I was skeptical because SAO ruined my perception of any anime with the 'fantasy' and 'adventure' tags...

But this anime is surprisingly impressive. I spent about five seconds thinking "ew, another SAO" before becoming engrossed in the plot and the world. And that worldbuilding! I absolutely love the South/ Mesoamerican theme, especially the fact that the beginning city resembles Tenochtitlan. That's definitely a unique perspective [ I had expected some sort of medieval European theme, maybe ], and one that really appealed to me from the very beginning.
The character designs are very nice [ and equal fanservice for girls and guys, yay! ] . Usually I'm irritated by 'over-powered' characters that Adlet might come across as initially, but there's something about him that I find really charismatic. Maybe it's his way of fighting? I thought that was pretty interesting.
Anyway the character designs and especially the world concept have so far persuaded me that this is an anime that I'm going to enjoy. I really do hope that the rest of the series will be as stellar as this first episode! Really, I'm super excited about it now...

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Jul 5, 2015 3:57 PM

Jul 2014
SovereignSky said:
DarcyD said:

What's wrong with adding romance to a Shounen? (Besides the fact most of them can't comprehend what's a romance in the first place.....)

This isn't a shounen though.
"Hi!"
Jul 5, 2015 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
SovereignSky said:
DarcyD said:

As Yeeart pointed out, neither danmachi nor rokka no yuusha are shounen. Shounen is a demographic tag applying only to manga, and both are LN. (Both have a manga adaptation, yes, but that's not what the anime comes from in both case so that manga doesn't matter in both case).

Also, there is no harem and no ex machina plot line in rokka no yuusha, so no need to worry about that.
Jul 5, 2015 4:34 PM

Nov 2014
Looks promising, 9/10 first episode.

Jul 5, 2015 5:06 PM

Apr 2015
World Building: The episode.
Jul 5, 2015 5:27 PM
May 2015
Zefyris said:
SovereignSky said:

As Yeeart pointed out, neither danmachi nor rokka no yuusha are shounen. Shounen is a demographic tag applying only to manga, and both are LN. (Both have a manga adaptation, yes, but that's not what the anime comes from in both case so that manga doesn't matter in both case).

Also, there is no harem and no ex machina plot line in rokka no yuusha, so no need to worry about that.

So Shounen, Seinen etc don't apply to LN? News to me. Point still applies, what's wrong with adding romance? (Don't care if there is any or not) Shounen are famous for having lackluster romance and I haven't seen enough Seinen to know (SnK, TG etc).
Jul 5, 2015 6:38 PM

Mar 2014
Woah did that princess just have bunny ears? Looks like I'll have to give this 2 more episodes :D
Zanos1Jul 5, 2015 6:43 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 5, 2015 7:25 PM

Jul 2014
This is from the people that did Rail Wars... I'm in.

Pretty good first episode. Decent amount of action, and at least this is animated better than their last project as well. We have all we need to know for now, maybe next episode might introduce us to the other heroes/saints as well.

Looking forward to the rest of this series, don't fuck this one up, Passione.
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Jul 5, 2015 8:08 PM
Aug 2014
well, this what I define as fantasy anime. not like some shitty overrated Danmachi that borrows idea from even shittier more overhyped SAO. plus I like cocky protagonist.
Jul 5, 2015 8:09 PM

Jun 2014
"Strongest in the world".

Uses under-handed tactics against everyone and nobody brings that up in the show.

K.
Jul 5, 2015 9:09 PM

Oct 2010
Indeed, it was a pretty good episode with excellent worldbuilding. I didn't think about that aspect as I was watching but the general gist of the situation was handed to us very quickly, in jail no less.

I don't quite agree with Adelt's wording in him claim of being "the strongest man in the world"; in my opinion, "strongest" and "best" can be related to but aren't necessarily the same thing. Because you know, strength and victory aren't the same thing. Muhuawawa. Semantics aside, it's fun to see a hero with Joseph Joestar-levels of pragmatism. It's not surprising to me that most everyone in that society really didn't take too kindly to Adelt's methods; even now in modern cultures the practice of creative liberty is only shallowly supported while there's a narrow, orthodox (traditional) ideal of how things like success or strength should be. Of course they'd be upset at this upstart who doesn't seem to obey any of their rules of engagement (granted he was being an arrogant prick about it).

Nashetania's not the only one who thought he was an idiot. Disregarding the opening animation, most genre savvy probably very early on suspected she was the princess. It's rather late so this post probably won't get much attention, but hey, what did you think?

Heh. From the synopsis alone it sounds like a fantasy-themed version of G-Mod Trouble in Terrorist Town. That there's a traitor amongst the 7 chosen ones gathered was already there in the premise, that the extra was a 'demon chosen' was news to me. At least, I think it's a demon chosen. With the introduction of prescribed elements to the chosen ones, I'm looking forward to see how they deal with that issue. I know we haven't seen the other heroes yet (it says in the synopsis that Adelt is prime suspect) but I also agree that Adelt is the most suspicious currently. Admittedly we know the most of his backstory out of everyone but it's pretty vague: he's an orphan,trained at a young age by his old master in the arts of pragmatic demon slaying. Also we only know his point-of-view in the Choosing. Yes, we know due to hot-girl princess Nashetania that the heroes seem to be chosen when the Demon King awakens, but that Adelt's choosing was when he was (probably) asleep and it inspired FEAR in him. Is being chosen by the goddess of fate supposed to induce f'ing terror? All this sends my alarm bells ringing so I am highly suspicious of him. Usually the first main lead in a mystery can be considered the 'detective' to be relied on but his circumstances seem so suspect to me that I can't trust he's one of the actual chosen heroes. That he's suspect by the majority actually lightens things because, hey, in anime the majority is usually wrong, but the irony in the demon slayer being chosen as the demon's chosen is strong too.

.... but yes, this is from personal perspective of someone who's not read the Light Novel. Fun stuff~.
ItsumoKnightJul 5, 2015 11:15 PM
Jul 5, 2015 9:51 PM

Jun 2014
SovereignSky said:
Zefyris said:

So Shounen, Seinen etc don't apply to LN? News to me. Point still applies, what's wrong with adding romance? (Don't care if there is any or not) Shounen are famous for having lackluster romance and I haven't seen enough Seinen to know (SnK, TG etc).

Demographics are only applied to manga that are serialized in a magazine. LN, VN etc do not fall under any demographic if they are the original source.

As for your romance question, why add it if there is no place for it? That just makes it feel forced and unnecessary. It's not like the story is about star crossed lovers eloping and driving away into the sunset.
Jul 5, 2015 9:53 PM

Jan 2011
wish i could of been blown away from this, but the Fantsay setting and world is enough to keep me interested.

this MC though...he might be insufferable for me if hes always like this.
Jul 5, 2015 9:53 PM

Sep 2013
This was an all-around solid 10 of an episode. Can't wait for next week.
Jul 5, 2015 10:15 PM
Oct 2007
StrawberryRain said:
Woah did that princess just have bunny ears? Looks like I'll have to give this 2 more episodes :D

Bunny ears FTW?
Jul 5, 2015 10:26 PM
Oct 2011
Pat_To_Do-List said:
That's simply amazing. Everything was spot on. I enjoyed everything about it. One thing though, I am not sure about the 12 episodes count considering the scale of conflict presented here. Will it be enough? Or rushed?
The pace is perfect compared to the other LN adaptions. This adapted like what.. not even half of chapter 1?

I was pleasently surprised by the "Aztec" setting and I do think it was a good move to pull people in before...well shit gets real.
Jul 5, 2015 11:17 PM

Mar 2010
Adlet's coming off as one of those "non-pussy-ass shounen leads" I keep seeing in animu... But the traits are still there; he suffers from "pussy-itis" when it comes to women.

He says that he's "The Strongest Man In The World." But that's not true at all. He's basically "The Most Interesting Man In The World." He seems like he's "got backup plans for his backup plans." And he can back up his cockiness. So I'm sold.

I'm liking Long-Named Longhair Hiddenprincess as well. So I'll just stay put about my opinions until the action unfolds.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2015

985 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 6:07 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2015

577 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

252 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2015

333 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2015

451 by WienGirl »»
Jun 6, 5:13 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.