Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 22, 2015 2:39 AM

Mar 2011
Oga's Dad has some competition in begging!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxvw_2oBLdg for what i'm referencing.

So sad this has almost ended :(.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 22, 2015 7:29 AM
Jul 2018
Bell-kun's escapes still make me laugh the hardest! He was looking at 4 girls but then Aiz showed up and he was like "Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!".
Ryu's story is pretty sad. :(
Not sure what Hermes wants for Bell but I suppose we will have a second season to explore this and other aspects of the anime.
It seems they're going to be a part of a huge final battle against a very strong oponent? It looks scary! I really want to watch this last episode!!!
Jun 22, 2015 7:56 AM

Apr 2013
So did that gang consist mainly of level 2 adventurers?
And what about Ryu? I don't think it's been revealed what her level is, but from how easily she was handling those scrubs I assume she's at least level 3.

Anyways, enjoyable episode but far from exciting. Hopefully next week's episode remedies that.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jun 22, 2015 9:14 AM

Apr 2013
geralt said:
So did that gang consist mainly of level 2 adventurers?
And what about Ryu? I don't think it's been revealed what her level is, but from how easily she was handling those scrubs I assume she's at least level 3.

Anyways, enjoyable episode but far from exciting. Hopefully next week's episode remedies that.

level 2 only. Level 3 have others things to do than ganging on a level 2 rookie, and level 1 wouldn't be here in the first place (except as supporter, but those were adventurers)

geralt said:

IIRC this should have been already revealed by now if we take the LN, but I don't think it was ever revealed in the anime indeed.
If you're curious, you can open the following spoiler tag for the level :

TehWhiteTiger said:

This guy has been doing it since 2008 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClyMsLwdqUc
Oga's dad is just a rip off (or an easter egg, you choose :p ) of the great Shirojiro Bertoni. And you see dogeza battles in KyouHora, you know that there is no other titles with such complex and difficult dogeza moves as this title has :p.

FrozenSoda said:

Bell learns fast...but is that a result of his ability/skill or is he just that good?

I explained it earlier in the thread, this is something he always had. copying back what I wrote before
"It's not a new power actually. Hypersensitivity has been present in the LN AND anime since the start of the story. Remember Bell being able to sense Freiya looking at him? Yes, that's it. It's the exact same thing. It's something Bell always had, that isn't in his stats at all. Freiya noticed that ability since a while, as he started to turn toward the tower when she's looking at him from here."

n00bvlog said:
Aren't hot spring episodes supposed to be on the 7th or 8th episode? Also, Ryu's story was super short. She asks Bell-kun if he'll listen to her story, speaks slowly in-between flashbacks for like 30 seconds and then she's done. Lame.
Meh. I liked the episode though. Always love grandfather flashbacks.

Hot spring episodes are supposed to be where they were in the original work. Due to rushing, we got 5 volumes in 13 episodes, if not for that, that would have been around the 18th-20th episode I suppose.
For a longer version of Ryuu's story (IE, infos that should have been given in the anime , it was posted on post 31. Here it is again :
" I'll leave this here for peoples interested in Ryu :
She's serving the God Astraea , a goddess of purity often associated with Dike, god of Justice, in the Greek mythology. As a matter of fact, in danmachi, Astraea is a god with a very strong sense of justice, and her familia was the same . They were acting as bringer of justice in Oratorio, stopping criminals and bringing them before the law . Astraea familia was really liked from the regular peoples due to this.
But, because of this, they were massively hated by criminal oriented familia that had to deal with them . One day, the whole group was ambushed by some of those familia, killing all but Ryu.
Ryu came back alive, and asked Astraea to leave Oratorio. The true reason behind Ryu asking this, that she didn't said to her god, was that she didn't want Astrea to see what would come next.
And what came next was said in the anime too: revenge. She hunted down every single person who was involved with the extermination of her familia, assassinating, massacring them all rather than bringing them before official justice.
As a result, she was blacklisted by the guild. Since Astraea leftthe town prior to this incident, Ryu's status as an adventurer wasn't deleted, and she is still de facto as powerful as before. Simply, if she wer eto be recognised as the "shippu no Lion", she would be arrested immediately for her crimes. The restaurant where she works, who seems to have an heavy relationship with the most powerful god of oratorio, is keeping her identity secret. It seems like all but Syr have some kind of "circumstances" with the law of oratorio as well. "

n00bvlog said:
Also, I felt the fight vs Invisible Man could have been way more epic than it was, though it would have been nice to see Bell lose this fight, as it seems way less consequential or life threatening than other fights.

There was all of his stuff in play here. Including the Hestia knife. Which by itself would allow you to buy several estates in Oratorio (it cost more than 20,000 TIMES more than the light armor Bell bought during the anime, and that armor at that times was costing as much as his whole assets). HEstia familia being extremely poor, well... Sure, there's no life in play, but that was definitely not a little at play there.
Jun 22, 2015 11:15 AM

Mar 2011
Zefyris said:

TehWhiteTiger said:

This guy has been doing it since 2008 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClyMsLwdqUc
Oga's dad is just a rip off (or an easter egg, you choose :p ) of the great Shirojiro Bertoni. And you see dogeza battles in KyouHora, you know that there is no other titles with such complex and difficult dogeza moves as this title has :p.

Ha awesome, never seen those ones before x3
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 22, 2015 12:32 PM

Apr 2015
A lot of people are disliking Hestia, but the character I hate the most is Bell himself. He's such a spineless fucking beta, and it's almost painful to watch at times.
Jun 22, 2015 12:37 PM

Sep 2014
Delicious fanservice c:
Ryu was awesome, nice to learn a bit about her past.
Hestia looked great when using her powers <3, she sure put the scare in them ^^
The hell was that at the end...wonder what are they going to fight.
Looking forward to the final episode!
Jun 22, 2015 1:28 PM

Jan 2013
Fanservice episode, still alright. Wonder if anyone ever dies in the dungeons.
Jun 22, 2015 2:50 PM
Sep 2009
Come on people... Stop hating on the LN readers already...
I actually enjoy this show and that's why I want to know how things work and what was skipped, I come here every week just to read the LN explanations : >
So thanks Zefyris, your walls of text are always so full of interesting stuff :)
Jun 22, 2015 5:08 PM

Dec 2013
Elivonne said:
I actually enjoy this show and that's why I want to know how things work and what was skipped, I come here every week just to read the LN explanations : >
So thanks Zefyris, your walls of text are always so full of interesting stuff :)

I think it's just some people want to look smart by nitpicking on the anime, but can't really do so when LN readers have an explanation for everything. So they turn their hate on LN readers.

Too bad for them, but they should have considered that if the story wasn't as well written as it was, I doubt LN readers would even be here explaining things in the first place.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 22, 2015 7:32 PM

Nov 2008
Wait. How did those thugs know that Hestia is a goddess when they wrote the note for Bell? I thought they are supposed to conceal themselves.

Anime mistake? or the person who gave that invisible garment told them the info?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 22, 2015 11:17 PM

Apr 2013
DenjaX said:
Wait. How did those thugs know that Hestia is a goddess when they wrote the note for Bell? I thought they are supposed to conceal themselves.

Anime mistake? or the person who gave that invisible garment told them the info?

Most probably, Hermes told them all they needed to know when he provided them Asufi's helm.
Jun 23, 2015 5:25 PM

Jun 2008
The moment Hestia pulled her diving glowing thing i knew something will happen.
Gods not been aloud in the dungeon must have reason and it seems the dungeon doesn't take kindly the use of power from God's inside it.

Btw damn that tan girls and Aiz fanservise scene.
Jun 23, 2015 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
Ryu part was the best, I like her character even more now

but wtf Hestia released her power? It seems like she can be scary at times, everyone bowed/stopped fighting just for her presence! Gj hestia
Jun 24, 2015 2:30 AM

Jun 2008
L-Ryoshi said:
Elivonne said:

I think it's just some people want to look smart by nitpicking on the anime, but can't really do so when LN readers have an explanation for everything. So they turn their hate on LN readers.

That must have been the most stupid shit i have ever read. No matter what is written in the LN if people want to nitpick everything about the anime they can easily do it.
"But the LN explains it" IS NOT a defense for the anime. Is the same reason that me never found FATE stuff to be very great. I am watching an anime and the rating is for the fucking anime not the LN. The LN has it's damn page.
The anime has to stand by itself. Having some LN reader explaining shit the anime left behind doesn't excuse the anime about anything.

Saying all that i believe this anime can at least stand by itself. It may be a different experience than the LN but i didn't really feel much like am missing lots of important info. All the important info am missing was only made obvious by the LN readers complaining about them missing or else we wouldn't even notice them that much.
Jun 24, 2015 7:21 AM

Jul 2009
Of course we would have a bath scene...
I wish we could see more of Kyu's past, she is amazing!
Hestia FTW!
Jun 24, 2015 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
I love the Shingeki no Kyojin references XD
Hestia looks bad-ass in her divine form !

Jun 24, 2015 1:47 PM
Apr 2015
it´s a bit of a shame that they don´t fit in more from the LN in the anime. a lot of great story pieces were lost and i kind of hoped for more :/ there are so many things that would require more explaining in the anime but they just leave it out.
Jun 24, 2015 1:58 PM
Oct 2012
Monad said:
The anime has to stand by itself. Having some LN reader explaining shit the anime left behind doesn't excuse the anime about anything.

That is true.

This goes back to the first season of SAO. It felt like the director was like "reading the story and adapting it is too hard, lets just throw in some more scenes of Leifa while skimming the novels". Replace Leifa with Hestia and there you go.

I do appreciate the LN who say "yeah the adaption sucked, here is what the left out" because at least they are making the effort to convey the author's intent, but that is what the animators are supposed to be doing. As Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei said: 'Saying you followed the original is not an excuse."
Jun 24, 2015 3:00 PM

Apr 2013
I don't think that's the problem. LN readers are doing mostly 3 things in those threads
1) complaining like anyone else about what they didn't like (mostly from adaptation since they already know the story/characters and are watching the adaptation, that mean they are okay with those parts already)-> not defending the anime
2) Explaining to others what the anime didn't explain properly -> that's not defending, that's contributing to other peoples' enjoyment of the show -> not defending the anime
3) defending the ORIGINAL material. Lots of peoples don't complain about the anime but about the "author's lack of writing skill" about the "poor story" and so on, so are targeting while criticizing the original material. As such, countering it by talking about the original material is logical.-> not defending the anime either.

Jun 24, 2015 5:12 PM

Oct 2013
Switch the amount of time Hestia is shown with Aiz, add some character development for Mikoto and I'll be happy.

Jun 24, 2015 5:39 PM

May 2012
What a cliffhanger! Really liked this episode, especially the end and with the next being the last episode of this season I really hope there will be a second season! Either way let's now wait for the last episode!
Jun 24, 2015 9:15 PM

Sep 2012
So Hestia has officially broken two important rules. Well then. I mean, I don't think she should have intervened. Bell can handle himself (even if it's starting to seem OP). She's not allowed in the dungeon, and she's not allowed to use her divine powers period while on Earth. She should have been a bit more careful with that. The point was to not attract attention, you know?

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jun 24, 2015 10:26 PM

Dec 2013
Monad said:
L-Ryoshi said:

That must have been the most stupid shit i have ever read. No matter what is written in the LN if people want to nitpick everything about the anime they can easily do it.
"But the LN explains it" IS NOT a defense for the anime. Is the same reason that me never found FATE stuff to be very great. I am watching an anime and the rating is for the fucking anime not the LN. The LN has it's damn page.

Saying all that i believe this anime can at least stand by itself. It may be a different experience than the LN but i didn't really feel much like am missing lots of important info. All the important info am missing was only made obvious by the LN readers complaining about them missing or else we wouldn't even notice them that much.

Hrm... not quite sure what exactly your stance is. All I'm doing is trying to explain the hate some people have for us LN readers here. I don't know what the hell you're doing butting into this but I stand by my speculation.

If you think my spec is stupid, then pray do explain yourself why all the hate for LN readers then?

Zefyris said:
I don't think that's the problem. LN readers are doing mostly 3 things in those threads
1) complaining like anyone else about what they didn't like (mostly from adaptation since they already know the story/characters and are watching the adaptation, that mean they are okay with those parts already)-> not defending the anime
2) Explaining to others what the anime didn't explain properly -> that's not defending, that's contributing to other peoples' enjoyment of the show -> not defending the anime
3) defending the ORIGINAL material. Lots of peoples don't complain about the anime but about the "author's lack of writing skill" about the "poor story" and so on, so are targeting while criticizing the original material. As such, countering it by talking about the original material is logical.-> not defending the anime either.

Agree with every single word of Zefyris here. It's not like we're being crazy annoying and spoiling shit for everyone else here. If you don't like what we say, just don't read it when you see it's us writing it.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 25, 2015 5:42 PM

Jun 2014
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrromance

Ojii-chan pls
Jun 26, 2015 11:59 AM

Oct 2014
bell is such a perv xD
Jun 27, 2015 3:05 AM

Dec 2012
Fan servcice ! And good fight. Hestia with his power is beautiful, but if I remember correctly she mustn't use her power in the dungeon.
Jun 27, 2015 11:34 AM

Mar 2010
HandsomeMan said:
Hestia still sucks ass. She's just too annoying with her "bell-kun" which incorporates 50% of her dialogue throughout anime. Pretty much every girl is better than her. Nice episode though.

Exactly my thoughts :P
Jun 27, 2015 5:00 PM

Jan 2014
A lot happened in this episode. Loved that fanservice! Aiz is beautiful, and i find the relationships between bell and aiz somehow cute :)

Now hestia just went full badass. She looks beautiful in her divine form. But I guess that was a mistake to use it in a dungeon... Whata hell was that creepy titan skeleton? :S

One of my fav danmachi episodes tbh
Jun 27, 2015 5:18 PM

Feb 2013
Hestia did not need to step in. Bell had that guy beat.

The bath scene wasn't handled too badly... for a bath scene anyways.
Jun 28, 2015 10:32 AM
Jan 2010
What the fuck is this now? Bell suddenly found in himself the power to dodge the invisible?
What a guy.
What a fucking guy.
Jun 28, 2015 11:43 AM
Jan 2015
badass hestia is so cool. noo 1 more episode :'(
Jul 1, 2015 3:28 AM

Jan 2014
nice
Jul 4, 2015 3:53 AM

Jan 2015
what in the actual fuck was that "i can feel his eyes on me" bullshit? did i completely forget something after not watching for 3 weeks, because i don't remember clairvoyance or thermal-imaging eyeballs being on the menu before...

i know he's got MC power but even kirito didn't develop omniscience...
IceTaKuJul 4, 2015 4:33 AM
Jul 4, 2015 4:47 AM

Jan 2012
Wow, where the hell did that ecchi come from?! Was it hiding behind a rock or something for the rest of the series and just decided to pop its head out for a quick nude scene. Bell is so shy though, it's almost unbearable to watch sometimes, then again if he wasn't such a wimp this probably would've become an 18+ episode.

Got to see some actual Godliness (I think that's the right word) from Hestia in this episode. Kinda disappointed it was just her letting down her hair and glowing for a bit, but the terrifying presence she apparently had was a pretty cool effect. I can't wait to see her actually fight, if she ever does.

Still shipping Aiz x Bell, for multiple reasons I can't be bothered listing.
NekozzieJul 4, 2015 4:59 AM
Jul 5, 2015 8:49 AM

Oct 2008
Peeping time! Bete was so Jealous of Bell, he can't even peep on Aiz.
Mord Latro was a total ass for what he did on Bell! though it was nothing to Bell since later on...he was able to detect the movements.
What kind of divine power does Hestia have? didn't notice anything, it just everyone stopped attacking, maybe intimidated by her?
What's coming next? another tough Boss? maybe this time Bell can't handle it anymore? and needs more teamwork?
5/5.

Jul 5, 2015 10:32 AM

Dec 2009
Ryuu is love, Ryuu is life
Jul 5, 2015 6:05 PM

Aug 2013
blazehero said:
Ryuu is love, Ryuu is life

Amen to that.
Jul 6, 2015 11:51 AM

Nov 2013
Bell's Grandfather and Hermes are right: we need more Rrrrrrrromance.

As for the bathing scene: Hestia was Hestia as always and Aiz and the two girls from her familia did not seem to mind either. And Aiz posture reminded me of Venus in the painting The Birth of Venus.

Ryu's story was interesting and sad. I can understand, that she killed every single one of them.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 10, 2015 11:31 AM

May 2015
Fanservice in this episode, lol. Brought out the hilarity of MC's grandfather.
Jul 10, 2015 11:33 AM

May 2015
StardustReverie said:
What the fuck is this now? Bell suddenly found in himself the power to dodge the invisible?
What a guy.
What a fucking guy.

Well, he did kind of notice it before. At the dungeon, when they first got there, he said he noticed something watching him. That was probably the trait that let him "see" the guy's movements.
Jul 10, 2015 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
Gunism said:
StardustReverie said:
What a guy.
What a fucking guy.

Well, he did kind of notice it before. At the dungeon, when they first got there, he said he noticed something watching him. That was probably the trait that let him "see" the guy's movements.

Correct. He had that trait since episode 1 in fact, when he noticed Freiya's sight. As the story progressed, he became able to pint point things more and more.
Jul 12, 2015 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
Lol... Bell opposed peeking but was staring at Ryu bathing alone....closet pervert
Aug 1, 2015 9:51 AM

Jul 2013
Bell had to keep apologising for Hermes making him fall in the water and spy on the girls lol. He saw far too many naked girls at once lol. Bete was jealous Bell got to see Aiz naked when he hasn't lol! Poor Bete :( Bete's cute.

I wasn't expecting Ryu's back story, very interesting.

That wasn't nice of Hermes to let Bell get beaten up. What did they mean Bell's fangs? o_O

Hestia went in to God mode and used her divine power and she looks shinyyyyyyy~ lol.

What's that at the end? the last episode will be awesome!

Bell and Hestia <3
stephtastropheAug 1, 2015 9:55 AM
Aug 12, 2015 6:35 PM

Mar 2012
Ah Hermes, just like what I learn in my greek mythology course, spying on girls when they're bathing.

This loser's been level 2 for years? He's at best level 1.

Hope it's not some asspull ending where goliath breaks the wall or something and they have to fight it.
ninja88880Aug 12, 2015 6:51 PM
Aug 17, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2015
"peeking is a part of man's romance." damn that's deep, got to write this down.
Aug 29, 2015 7:08 AM
May 2012
Looks like Ryu is my best girl <3
Them fanservice *o*
Let's see how this will end.
Sep 15, 2015 6:13 AM

Nov 2009
lol the bad guys are very caricatured, I wish they had more depth but it's fun either way.
I don't like the harem aspect of the show because I genuinely hate harem, and wasn't expecting this to be one at all (thought it would be a romance-ish with my sweet Hestia)... but it's an alright one, I guess.
(The anime) really got better from episode 8 onwards.
ak47Sep 15, 2015 9:24 AM

(THIS WAY FOREVER)
Nov 1, 2015 1:01 AM

Dec 2008
RRRRRRROMANCE!!! Truly peeking IS the first part of a mans growth. Bell's grandfather was wise.
Nov 21, 2015 5:31 AM

Aug 2009
as much as some of you complain, i am all in for the fanservice

dem bodies and boobs

inb4 overlord boss
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 3, 2015

462 by PD_DILUC »»
Sep 7, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2015

284 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 6, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 10, 2015

279 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 6, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2015

562 by Darkzepheran »»
Aug 13, 3:26 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

418 by Darkzepheran »»
Aug 13, 9:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.