Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 6, 2015 10:23 PM

Jun 2013
Guren better live through that. There's no way he'd be killed off this early would he?

I was hoping to see more of Shinoa and Yu traveling out of the cave together.

After watching FSN UBW, it's so hard to watch them skip over fighting scenes.
Jun 6, 2015 10:32 PM

Jun 2015
The studio must be saving money for AoT season 2.
For an action show with so much potential they sure like to go cheap on the fight scenes.
Jun 6, 2015 10:51 PM

Apr 2013
Kerozinn said:
no one in this anime uses their brains.
yup, makes me facepalm and laugh at their idiocy.

AND THE ANIMATION WAS GARBAGE LMAO
Jun 6, 2015 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
Holy shit

Jun 6, 2015 11:40 PM

May 2014
I just don't understand why the animation is so bad oh god... this anime deserves better animation, anyways good ep mika x yuu soon lel :3
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jun 7, 2015 12:04 AM

Apr 2015
Not that great, the action failed miserably and the 'team chemistry' scene in the middle was pretty cringeworthy. Enjoyable to an extent though. The backgrounds are gorgeous.
Jun 7, 2015 12:18 AM

Sep 2014
Inugirlz said:

I second that table flip! Damnit i hate it when friends/family/lovers fight T-T

On another note why the hell is Mika actually siding with the vampires? He hates them and doesn't even drink human blood.

He's not. He's just going along to save Yu.
The sun is a deadly laser
Jun 7, 2015 12:27 AM

Dec 2010
Dat cliffhanger (╯°益°)╯彡┻━┻
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2015 12:58 AM
Jul 2018
Yuu and Mika finally reunite.
Ending was good, that cliffhanger though >_< I really can't wait for next week's episode!
Jun 7, 2015 1:08 AM
Oct 2010
Lol and people were telling me I was an ass when I said the animation in this show was terrible from since the second ep.

Also, why did the double sword guy tell eren that he needed to trust them more? That scene made no sense to me, because the only knowledge eren had was that they were under extreme pressure from the vampires so he went to back them up. I'm not sure why two swords thought that wasn't him trusting them but whatever.. made no sense to me.
GD1551Jun 7, 2015 1:19 AM
Jun 7, 2015 1:33 AM

Nov 2013
Well, the ending was quiet predictable, I saw that coming from a mile away.
BISH IM IN NARNIA <3
Jun 7, 2015 1:38 AM

May 2013
Yuu and Shinoa goes to save their family. <3
Mika stabs Guren and Yuu stabs Mika. Oh damn, what will happen next?
Other than what the preview shows, of course.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jun 7, 2015 1:40 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was a freaking mess. What the hell was up with the terrible fight scenes. inb4 next episode is more flash backs
Jun 7, 2015 4:23 AM
Jan 2010
Well, I can't complain, vampires are my guilty pleasure and it's better than reading manga
Jun 7, 2015 4:40 AM

May 2012
All I see are complain about the still frame animation...

I really can't understand people why they are so much complaining at a scene that didn't even last long for 30 seconds. All you see are the bad side of the anime.

Oh well, i forgot that most of you are the same people who hate those other new shows as well~

Maybe, i am wrong in coming here. It is not MAL (My Anime List) but MCL (My Complaining List).
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Jun 7, 2015 4:54 AM

Feb 2015
zilch16 said:

I really can't understand people why they are so much complaining at a scene that didn't even last long for 30 seconds. All you see are the bad side of the anime.

Oh well, i forgot that most of you are the same people who hate those other new shows as well~

Maybe, i am wrong in coming here. It is not MAL (My Anime List) but MCL (My Complaining List).

Cause most people on MAL think they're superior and they will have better taste than other people if they complain about everything in these anime and praise how masterpiece LOGH is. You should just ignore them like I'm doing.
Jun 7, 2015 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
If I didn't read manga I would probably go crazy because of this cliffhanger.
If you're like me, start reading from chapter 13 (anime follows manga correctly so you won't miss anything).
Anyway, anime has such a slow pacing. At first i thought that's good but I'm getting annoyed now.
Jun 7, 2015 5:21 AM

Jan 2013
So did he survived?
I was expecting for their encounter in the middle of this episode, oh well...
Jun 7, 2015 5:26 AM
May 2015
I think it took a lot of time in showing just a small part. It could have covered more. The scenes keeps on changing and showed same thing again and again
Jun 7, 2015 5:34 AM

Apr 2014
zilch16 said:
All I see are complain about the still frame animation..

Nice try but no. The still frames aren't the only thing people disliked in this episode.
Jun 7, 2015 5:36 AM

May 2014
to quote an IRC chat buddy
[quote]
this show should be called owari no animation
[/spoiler]
Jun 7, 2015 5:42 AM

Dec 2010
Was the next preview this cool? That's gonna b awesome.
Jun 7, 2015 5:50 AM

Nov 2014
How strong Guren is, and how easy he was kicked by silver-hair vampire. A little bit disappointed. And why he even not try to dodge the final strike. And with that pills - 20 second should already gone by that moment. Oh, so much questions )

And i don't like that Yu attitude, like "i can kill all vampires". Such people die first. Moreover, they meet an aristocrat vampire, does he didn't notice a "little" difference between there ability ?

Anyway, it so funny to hear from Mika how terrible humans are
Jun 7, 2015 6:10 AM

Nov 2014
Wow, we got some action scene in this episode.. The teamworks that Guren's team did to Mika is great IMO.. and after Mika got serious he can take Guren without problem, but i'm sure Guren hasn't died yet.. and in the end Yuu stab Mika without knowing and just about to realize once he already stabbed his sword on Mika.. Let's see what will happen in the following episode.. I'm pretty hyped because of the cliffhanger and from the preview, it seems Yuu will be possess or something in the next episode..

Overall a great episode.. Can't wait to watch it again next week..
5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Jun 7, 2015 6:22 AM

May 2015
guren isn't death, am i wrong?
Jun 7, 2015 6:28 AM

Feb 2011
Shangetsu said:
Hair flowing freely in the wind - The animation.

Seriously I don't know who is directing that show but the animation budget is being wasted in triviality when it could be used to make the fights more interesting.

this guy
http://myanimelist.net/people/35935/Tokudo_Daisuke
first time directing, the inexperience is showing

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jun 7, 2015 7:02 AM

Aug 2010
No way is Guren really dead. Shit is about to go down next episode. Yuu is about to go Ghoul on everyone.
Jun 7, 2015 7:05 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode.

That reunion O.O

Can't wait for the next episode!

Jun 7, 2015 7:16 AM
Apr 2015
Awful animation during fight scene. Only the background art is decent.
Jun 7, 2015 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
zilch16 said:

People are complaining because action scenes are supposed to get your blood boiling, making you yell "HOLY SHIT, THAT WAS SO BADASS AND AWESOME" to the screen while holding your cheeks with your hands. You can't possibly tell me that the action scenes in this episode made you go "Oh my god, this looks GREAT! I love me some still frames and speed lines!"

Still frames and speed lines do not make a good action scene. Wit Studio has started to ruin the fourth volume of the manga, which was an amazing volume with high pacing and awesome action scenes. This episode didn't have any of that.

I sure as hell hope they have their best men on the last two episodes of this season.
Jun 7, 2015 7:31 AM

Jul 2013
kieyuku said:
The cliffhanger is killing me. I had to replay that last scene a few times for it to sink in.

Same!
Jun 7, 2015 7:49 AM

Jun 2009
Arashi_ said:
zilch16 said:

Cause most people on MAL think they're superior and they will have better taste than other people if they complain about everything in these anime and praise how masterpiece LOGH is. You should just ignore them like I'm doing.

Okay I give up, please tell me what makes this show worth watching?
Jun 7, 2015 7:51 AM

Feb 2014
Dat ending and preview
Jun 7, 2015 9:20 AM

Dec 2013
mrdkreka said:
Arashi_ said:

Okay I give up, please tell me what makes this show worth watching?

Hrm.... the Story, the Characters and the awesome OP and ED songs? XD

The only thing bad about it all is that the animation for the fight scenes are unbearably slow and that the characters talk way too much DURING the fights. Apart from that I'm willing to forgive the jerky animated movements for moments that are either filler or don't matter as much (like the Corporal walking the kids to the vehicle from last episode).

Not to say that this anime is inferior to the manga (it is, in some aspects), but I've endured worse, and still managed to soldier through those series in their entirety. The plot for this show is good enough that I have hopes that they can still improve on this. They still have over 12+ episodes left after all.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 7, 2015 9:27 AM

Jan 2014
Kerozinn said:
I would have shot a few arrows at mikaela just to prevent him from stabbing Guren..but it seems no one in this anime uses their brains.

the whole scene was also predictable as fuck..and this is true for every single episode so far.

garbage show overall and it completely fails to deliver on the action part as in many other aspects.
I was thinking the same, but I guess he did not want to shoot at Guren who was in front? After all they were going at Mika's back until he turned.

War at its purest, Yu developing more bonds with his new family and now meets the remnant of his old family turned a vampire. I can only guess how much that thing is going to affect him, and not only that Mika is WITH the murderer of the entire family. That just will not sit well.

And then we have Yu going berserk and Crowley to face him. Well every minute of Kenichi Suzumura is welcomed by me.
Jun 7, 2015 11:26 AM
Jun 2014
I hope that the nest episode will be amazing, becauss the others episodes are normal :(
Jun 7, 2015 12:12 PM

Jan 2014
Mhh i somehow feel like the quality dropped... >-> the fighting scenes in the first half were bland and needed more impact, the weapons felt weightless. The second half was better, though it all ended in a inevitable cliffhanger.
Jun 7, 2015 2:18 PM

Feb 2008
Stab first, ask questions later.

On another note, after all that talk, Guren is just as idiotic as Yu... At least the OP vampires set him straight.
Jun 7, 2015 2:35 PM
Jun 2014
In before this falls into the usual cliche of the best friend becoming the mortal enemy.

It was already bad enough that Mika struck Guren right before Yui reached them, seen this shit so many times that i immediately knew what was going to happen.
Jun 7, 2015 2:56 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I knew that they were going to end with Yuu stabbing Mika xD

The anime original stuff wasn't bad at all this week....Gave more character development for Yuu which I will always appreciate

The action scenes were on point yet again and Mika and the vamps vs Team Guren did not disappoint at all....Next episode should hopefully be the best one yet

Jun 7, 2015 3:16 PM

May 2013
Yes, Blondy got killed, if he's realy dead, I 'll rising my rating to 7 for this show!
Jun 7, 2015 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
Kerozinn said:
I would have shot a few arrows at mikaela just to prevent him from stabbing Guren..but it seems no one in this anime uses their brains.

^ This

Samu-tan said:
First half of the episode was almost entirely anime original. Hey, I like me some anime original scenes, especially if they improve the source material in one way or another, but the ones in this episode were really bad. They completely ruined the fast pacing that the manga had FINALLY achieved in the fourth volume.

They adapted the first chapter from vol.4, which was a great chapter. But the horrible animation (Panning stills during a battle of humans vs. vampires that's supposed to be epic? Wit, pls), useless anime original scenes and the slow pacing completely ruined it.

Agreed. I did not like the anime original at all. It was relatively useless to me.

Inori_is_love said:
R.I.P Baka Gurren

I feel like Yu saying he would always be there for his friends means death is coming

That preview though, is Yu gonna become a demon.

MuggleBorn said:
nop nope nope absolutely not the reunion I was expecting.

and Guren seriously dies like that!? I know Mika's not gonna die but Guren dude what!?

selgalad said:
If Guren dies, the best character in this anime will be gone.

Also, I cannot get Mika. He doesn't drink human blood but kills them without a problem? Is he really putting up a facade?

Agreed. Guren is still my favorite as well.

He doesn't care for humans, but doesn't want to fully become a vampire. He hates both and is pretty much stuck in between. I'm pretty sure he'd only want to drink Yuu's blood or something.

"It's a conversation through instruments. A miracle that creates harmony. In that moment, music transcends words." - Miyazono Kaori
"Laziness is the mother of all bad habits. But ultimately she is a mother and we should respect her." - Nara Shikamaru
"You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things... Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest." - Orihara Izaya
Jun 7, 2015 3:47 PM

Oct 2008
OK episode.
a bit slow paced...
Guren looks like a weakling and he already took a pill and going for a 2nd.
Finally, Yuu & Mika reunion with a katana sword stab!
next episode Crowley vs Yuu seraph mode? i'm a bit of hype.
4/5.

Jun 7, 2015 4:40 PM

Jul 2009
mira-nyan said:
Inugirlz said:

I second that table flip! Damnit i hate it when friends/family/lovers fight T-T

On another note why the hell is Mika actually siding with the vampires? He hates them and doesn't even drink human blood.

He's not. He's just going along to save Yu.

Yet he's still fighting along side them by helping them get rid of the human army.
Jun 7, 2015 4:47 PM

Jun 2009
L-Ryoshi said:

Hrm.... the Story, the Characters and the awesome OP and ED songs? XD

Ed is very forgetful and medicore at very best. The OP have a nice song but the visual was pretty meh, and it was quite spoilorish.

Name any character from the show that is well written? The only endurable character in the show is Shinoa, and that is not enough to drive the show, because she is also restarted like every character in this show. The story have done nothing well or original, heck it is filled with plotholes that can't be explained later.

Lets take the most stupid one, since it is being used CONSTANTLY to create tension in the show. Teamwork, why the hell does they not receive ANY team training, if it is so frigging important. It isn't just for creating tension, Shinoa and the tsundere constantly talk about how important it is, but that is all they do(no action to fix it). And there are a lot of bs stuff such as this, this was just the most annoying one.

So don't just say the word explain the reason why you can say it is worth watching for the story and the Characters. I feel like everyone who say they like this show are just trolling, since I can't get any explanation why it is good. I try to give every work a chance, this is why I want to know if I'm missing something that can enrich my experience while watching.

[quote]
The only thing bad about it all is that the animation for the fight scenes are unbearably slow and that the characters talk way too much DURING the fights. Apart from that I'm willing to forgive the jerky animated movements for moments that are either filler or don't matter as much (like the Corporal walking the kids to the vehicle from last episode).
Do you think my question is a joke? You can't say only, and then afterwards mention even more they did terrible, the filler served zero purpose, and was not worth watching for any reason.

Not to say that this anime is inferior to the manga (it is, in some aspects), but I've endured worse, and still managed to soldier through those series in their entirety. The plot for this show is good enough that I have hopes that they can still improve on this. They still have over 12+ episodes left after all.

Okay you have been very contradicting in your comment, but this have piqued my interest, what show have a bad enough plot that it isn't worth watching?
mrdkrekaJun 7, 2015 5:26 PM
Jun 7, 2015 5:12 PM

Nov 2014
IM FUCKING SHAKING AFTER THAT CLIFFHANGER OH MYGODDD (I KNOW WHATH APPENS BY STILL OH MYG GOD)
Jun 7, 2015 5:49 PM
May 2015
isvak said:
Nice falcon punch there by Ferid. I bet that Guren flying after that punch could combine very well with Guille's Theme. I'm waiting for someone to do that.
Nice animation in some battles there. And of course Shinoa. Best character.
Looking forward to see how they animate the next episode.

The battles were lackluster and Shinoa has to be a decent character to be considered best character. However I will say she's not being jar jar Binks anymore since episode 9 onwards
Jun 7, 2015 6:13 PM

Sep 2013
What the hell? Animation was GARBAGE, my god.

This show is so average it hurts. And by the looks of the preview seems like Yu is going Kyuubi mode.
Jun 7, 2015 7:40 PM

Jan 2014
k im gonna say it. this is horrible. i love the story and read the manga, but wtf.

this episode was horrible l, so was last. the Anime cant seem to place its bgms correctly leaving akward silence in fights. while that may work sometimes l, its n out working here. and the fucking still frames annoy me to no end. seriously, we never even actually see a real war beteeen human and vampire. just one person doing something thrn mov3 on to the next frame. plus the deafening silence kills the feeling that this is war. MOST OF THEM DISSAPPEAR HALFWAY THROUGH THE EPISODE. LIKE WTF. its not even fighting half
of the time. its just more horrible character development scenes of yu and hus friends over and over and bunch of gloating and ego fluxes.

and whats up withwith fucking sound effects. i didnt know clashing swords make those boom sounds. wtf.

we need a fight like shinoa vs yu in ep 2. that was fluid, exciting with orgasmic animation and great coreagraphy. now we have stiff, akward silence fights. this adaption has really let me down.

As of now, please try to refrain from looking at MAL. its a complete mess right now T-T
People of anime have whooped, roasted, beaten, and tamed my ass. I have learned my ways and will never speak that horrible word. But, believe me, MY DAY OF VENGEANCE SHALL COME(please dont take this seriously, just "trying" to be funny lol
Jun 7, 2015 8:28 PM

Dec 2010
That was a horrible episode, wtf. They just dragged shit out so that the dramatic encounter wouldn't happen until the very end. Guren gave them orders to come to the defense line ASAP and they have time to stand around smiling at each other making speeches about friendship? You're kidding me. Not to mention those tons of animation stills...budget slashed much.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2015

260 by Salomikee »»
Apr 6, 11:48 AM

» Will this come to crunchyroll soon?

Rockyjams909 - Apr 5

7 by _Blossom18_ »»
Apr 5, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Owari no Seraph Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2015

599 by voshi »»
Mar 24, 9:29 AM

» Is it a good idea to watch this show? ( 1 2 )

boyswhatup - May 30, 2023

50 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Mar 10, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Who should Yuno marry?

Lost_Hearts - Dec 17, 2023

6 by NaLu4lifee »»
Jan 17, 11:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.