Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2014 7:12 AM

Nov 2010
Those Lenessia Merchandize are definitely worth getting
Although it was hinted and commented previously about Minori liking Shiroe (as her mentor) I wouldn't have thought she had a crush on him
Akatsuki having a middle schooler as a rival was just hilarious
I guess Shiroe is a loli magnet and hopefully no "Nice Boat" floating towards him

The cake contest was very funny with the male crowd around them getting furious
Shiroe ending up fat and all was some nice comedy

This has been very enjoyable to watch again
Mar 2, 2014 7:20 AM

Sep 2013
Oh boy here comes the shipping wars.
Mar 2, 2014 7:33 AM
Jul 2013
Hmm...it really makes me wonder why the world they live in seems to be more fun and organized than the real world where it includes the real people like lawyers, politicians, businessmen etc. etc... It simply makes me wonder how this MMO players (who I consider most of them as those who want to escape the harshness of this world) beat up the skills of this REAL people. The one that really cracks me up is how well they organize their military strategy as well as their communicating abilities.

In a real MMO game, most of the players are jerks and only want to use you for their own gain. They don't care about how you feel, they only want to have fun and make their character stronger. Anyway, in the first place, this is a fictional story.
Mar 2, 2014 8:23 AM

Oct 2009
Cute episode, Akatsuki was beautiful in the kimono <3
Minori is cute and all but I can't picture her with Shiroe :/
Does Henrietta have some kind of feelings for Shiroe as well? Hmm.
Oh and Gundam cosplay!! XD

3eps to go D';
Mar 2, 2014 8:37 AM

Jun 2013
pipeds said:
Hmm...it really makes me wonder why the world they live in seems to be more fun and organized than the real world where it includes the real people like lawyers, politicians, businessmen etc. etc... It simply makes me wonder how this MMO players (who I consider most of them as those who want to escape the harshness of this world) beat up the skills of this REAL people. The one that really cracks me up is how well they organize their military strategy as well as their communicating abilities.

In a real MMO game, most of the players are jerks and only want to use you for their own gain. They don't care about how you feel, they only want to have fun and make their character stronger. Anyway, in the first place, this is a fictional story.

Well you have to consider that a lot of the players have taken up similar professions as to what they did in the "real" world so it is not like the world is without lawyers and businessmen. As for politics I am not sure if you missed the first half of this anime. Setting up the political structure of Akihabara and the round table was one of the main plot points. As for military strategy it consisted mostly of gathering groups of 40 and pointing them in a direction. Something that is not particularly hard to do.

In a real MMO most players can indeed be jerks. But the reason for that is mainly because they are playing a game and are practically anonymous. Something which is no longer the case. A lot of people are indeed still jerks though. There was an arc entirely about how they threw out a lot of them and managed to set up rules by purchasing buildings which allowed you to ban certain people from entering. It is explained in the books that most of the people who disagreed with these rules simply moved to Susukino which as you saw in this episode is still pretty much a lawless player city.

As for how they manage to beat out the skills of the people of the land it is hardly surprising considering that all of the adventurers have at least a basic education while the vast majority of the people of the land are illiterate. Add to that the fact that the adventurers all have bodies with superhuman strength, endurance and the ability to telepathically communicate with anyone at any distance.

Sorry for the rant but I was just wondering if we had been watching the same anime. Because your questions have been some of the main focuses of the Log Horizon I have been watching.
Mar 2, 2014 9:02 AM

Aug 2012
Kerozinn said:
3 episodes left and we get to see this? very dissapointed. not sure i will stick around for season 2 if its coming.

2/5

i agree this episode is boring, im just waiting for it to end.

2/5
Mar 2, 2014 9:17 AM

Oct 2013
BOYS THIS ANIME IS ROMANCE GENRE,GET A BRAIN AND STOP CRYING.
Mar 2, 2014 9:41 AM

Aug 2012
FrozenRemains said:

i watched a lot of romance/drama genre, and enjoyed them. but this episode is boring. and there's only 3 eps left.
Mar 2, 2014 9:46 AM

Oct 2013
zabadoh said:

05:16 - Henrietta is clutching 3 plushes (left to right): (who is that on the left?), Akatsuki, Minori

http://myanimelist.net/character/89259/Ashlynn
she is newbie like lvl 5
Mar 2, 2014 9:50 AM
Oct 2012
Natr1x said:
pipeds said:

In a real MMO most players can indeed be jerks. But the reason for that is mainly because they are playing a game and are practically anonymous. Something which is no longer the case.

I want to add on to what you said.

Jerks exists because society tolerates them. The internet tolerates jerks because there is no structure in place to curve their abuses (outside of moderators), but as society becomes stronger, more and more jerks are forced to watch themselves or will find themselves isolated from the community.

This was a large part about what this episode (and show) has been about. Shiroe isn't a "jerk", but he is a loner discovering that he actually needs to start interacting with people and to form communities with them. When he does this it naturally has consequences (in this case the positive is that he has good people following him and counting on him and women falling in love with him, on the negative he is becoming the focal point of other people's envy and jealousy).

Akatsuki is in a similar position. She was a complete "lone wolf" character, so she is having problems adjusting to this world and being in a group. Last episode they covered this very well, she thinks the ONLY value she brings to their relationship is her skills of an Assassin, but as Shiroe is moving up in the world, the immediate value she brings by her skills is decreasing, hence she is losing confidence. Akatsuki needs to learn that it isn't only her skills that Shiroe likes about her.

Someone above compared Akatsuki to Asuna in that they thought Akatsuki was becoming weaker. But that isn't the case, Akatsuki is not being marginalized, she actually is being giving a chance to grow as a character. She has to overcome her own identity issues before she can move on, either personally or with Shiroe, and Minori is the perfect person to force her to confront her feelings of inadequacies (in that Minori is the only one so far who can sympathize with Akatsuki intellectually).

So no, this episode was not a "romance" episode. It was a character development episode positioning the characters for their continual development in becoming more human and less lone wolves.
Mar 2, 2014 9:59 AM

Dec 2012
kavik_ryx said:
FrozenRemains said:

i watched a lot of romance/drama genre, and enjoyed them. but this episode is boring. and there's only 3 eps left.

I really have no problem with and welcome romance, but for a series of this caliber a standard love triangle just seems so lackluster. Hopefully there's some greater significance to this other than grabbing shippers by the balls.

Oh and just some fyi - Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Magic, Shounen
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=17265#EOlT8W5QxkGJK7Lp.99
Mar 2, 2014 10:17 AM

Apr 2011
DivAsakust said:
Blind_Guardian said:
Didn't really like this episode at all. I'm not a big fan of Akatsuki and was glad that she hadn't been very prominent in recent episodes. Then they dump a huge stinking load of Akatsuki crap right in my lap. It felt like filler, and not a very wise use of time when we only have 3 episodes left. Dislike dislike dislike.

1/5

You'll enjoy s2 if and when we get it then. Starts with a whole books worth of Akatsuki focus.

Agh, goddammit. I hate that little bitch. If there's a second season I'll just watch it on fast-forward mode until she gets the hell of my screen.
Mar 2, 2014 11:00 AM

Apr 2011
NettoAzure said:
Darn, this episode. Traditional School Festival trope much? Cake eating and everything. Well Shiroe's harem keeps on growing. XD

What I like about this series is that, it's way more mature than many others that's similar in style. He has two admirers that like him, I can hardly consider that a harem, and I don't see that number rising. One is a teacher-student kinda relationship (Minori, duh) where his knowledge and kindness made her experience feelings like love, and the other is Akatsuki, who is always by his side.

I'm actually surprised. I have never before enjoyed an "relaxing-dayoff-usually hotspring" episode before, and did not look forward to this, but this episode had an very interesting way to make it feel less just stupid and unnecessary like usual to actually feel like a real episode.

However, 5/5. Although there was no "action", it exceeded expectations and turned out to be a great episode.
Mar 2, 2014 12:10 PM

Sep 2012
TEAM AKATSUKI!

Good episode. I really want to see a second season of this anime.
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Mar 2, 2014 12:12 PM

Dec 2012
really liking the love triangle I don't like romance too much but Harems I like, but this ok it's not cheesy.I love yaoi best though.
Mar 2, 2014 12:25 PM

Jun 2008
Blind_Guardian said:
Agh, goddammit. I hate that little bitch. If there's a second season I'll just watch it on fast-forward mode until she gets the hell of my screen.

She has one volume dedicated for her...ENJOY.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 2, 2014 12:25 PM
Oct 2012
Lyyu said:
TEAM AKATSUKI!

Good episode. I really want to see a second season of this anime.

99% sure you are going to get your wish. Read somewhere that the author tweeted about working on a 2nd season and NHK animation usually go until the series ends regardless of how many discs it sells.

Mar 2, 2014 3:14 PM
Sep 2013
I like how everyone's content and happy even though they're trapped in a different world. *cough*SAO*cough*.
Mar 2, 2014 3:21 PM
Jul 2013
Natr1x said:

Well you have to consider that a lot of the players have taken up similar professions as to what they did in the "real" world so it is not like the world is without lawyers and businessmen. As for politics I am not sure if you missed the first half of this anime. Setting up the political structure of Akihabara and the round table was one of the main plot points. As for military strategy it consisted mostly of gathering groups of 40 and pointing them in a direction. Something that is not particularly hard to do.

In a real MMO most players can indeed be jerks. But the reason for that is mainly because they are playing a game and are practically anonymous. Something which is no longer the case. A lot of people are indeed still jerks though. There was an arc entirely about how they threw out a lot of them and managed to set up rules by purchasing buildings which allowed you to ban certain people from entering. It is explained in the books that most of the people who disagreed with these rules simply moved to Susukino which as you saw in this episode is still pretty much a lawless player city.

As for how they manage to beat out the skills of the people of the land it is hardly surprising considering that all of the adventurers have at least a basic education while the vast majority of the people of the land are illiterate. Add to that the fact that the adventurers all have bodies with superhuman strength, endurance and the ability to telepathically communicate with anyone at any distance.

Sorry for the rant but I was just wondering if we had been watching the same anime. Because your questions have been some of the main focuses of the Log Horizon I have been watching.

You have a good point about players being anonymous. But also, how the heck did they build that freaking steam boat? Yup I do know some of them can be engineers but producing that huge quantity of metal and creating the blueprint without any form of guide or book is just insane. It would take them multiple trials for them to truly establish a concrete blueprint of that.

Would be nice really if they also have other players story. Mainly, being in an MMORPG game, these players will surely want to find adventure and it would be interesting to know and not just think that what they all do is just beat up monsters.
Mar 2, 2014 3:30 PM

Jul 2009
everybody getting harems nowadays.
Mar 2, 2014 3:49 PM
Oct 2012
pipeds said:
But also, how the heck did they build that freaking steam boat? Yup I do know some of them can be engineers but producing that huge quantity of metal and creating the blueprint without any form of guide or book is just insane. It would take them multiple trials for them to truly establish a concrete blueprint of that.

Ah, that is a Japanese thing. I wouldn't doubt there being 10-20 "steam boat building clubs" throughout the country, with their own glossy magazine depicting how to make one. It has ceased to amaze me how many strange craft/hobby clubs there are in that country.
Mar 2, 2014 4:04 PM

Feb 2013
If people had a bad impression of Shiroe before... I wonder what they think after seeing him with those two little ladies...

It was pretty funny, but I hate to see this kind of filler so close to the end.
Mar 2, 2014 4:29 PM

Jan 2014
BurntJelly said:
If people had a bad impression of Shiroe before... I wonder what they think after seeing him with those two little ladies...

Well fillers like this are not bad, its kinda nice to have a light-hearted episode once in a while.
Mar 2, 2014 5:21 PM

Feb 2011
silly episode
guess the story is already over :u

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Mar 2, 2014 5:32 PM

Mar 2013
Quick turn for poor Shiroe heh, from being in the shadows to being the showcase of envy for so many. it has to be Akatsuki though...
Mar 2, 2014 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
Zeando said:
silly episode

Wait, don't they have to kill the Goblin King?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Mar 2, 2014 5:45 PM

Jun 2008
Zeando said:
silly episode

Simply no, because this is just one part of Volume 5. The books has already reached Volume 7.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Mar 2, 2014 6:04 PM
Jul 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
pipeds said:
But also, how the heck did they build that freaking steam boat? Yup I do know some of them can be engineers but producing that huge quantity of metal and creating the blueprint without any form of guide or book is just insane. It would take them multiple trials for them to truly establish a concrete blueprint of that.

Ah, that is a Japanese thing. I wouldn't doubt there being 10-20 "steam boat building clubs" throughout the country, with their own glossy magazine depicting how to make one. It has ceased to amaze me how many strange craft/hobby clubs there are in that country.

I was also talking about producing the raw materials without a factory or something like that. In the real world, it is easier to have parts that can be use to make such a boat. Also, how many months did it take for them to create such a machine in comparison to how they do it in the real world?
Mar 2, 2014 6:06 PM

Oct 2013
Dimitrije1606 said:
Zeando said:
silly episode

Wait, don't they have to kill the Goblin King?

They dont want to kill the Goblin King, they are using it for farm monsters and lvl exp UP UP UP
Mar 2, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2013
ItzDom said:
BurntJelly said:

Well fillers like this are not bad, its kinda nice to have a light-hearted episode once in a while.

Actually, it is not filler but rather a breather arc that sets up the next arc which is filled with lots of character development, action and yet another peek on the mysteries of the world (which unfortunately would not be animated anytime soon due to lack of sufficient material -.-).
Mar 2, 2014 7:08 PM

Mar 2012
Crappy love triangle episode. Even if it's Log Horizon I just can't stand these >,>

kaimax said:
Blind_Guardian said:

She has one volume dedicated for her...ENJOY.

lol.
Mar 2, 2014 9:32 PM

Dec 2009
Poffpoff said:

What I like about this series is that, it's way more mature than many others that's similar in style. He has two admirers that like him, I can hardly consider that a harem, and I don't see that number rising. One is a teacher-student kinda relationship (Minori, duh) where his knowledge and kindness made her experience feelings like love, and the other is Akatsuki, who is always by his side.

Oh quite so. This series is a lot more of an engaging watch than some of the usual flavors of the season I see. But there are 3 other female characters that orbit Shiroe's world. Henrietta for one looks up to him but holds back since she's satisfied and believes he will not reciprocate anything beyond a colleague-level relationship, Shiroe keeps on having flashbacks about this girl (Kanami) releshing his time with her from his Tea Party days, and of course a treat for the final episode that was foreshadowed in the previous episode. So yeah, that's like 5 girls already and counting.
NettoAzureMar 2, 2014 9:36 PM
Mar 3, 2014 5:40 AM

Apr 2013
Is it trying to turn itself into a lamer romance than SAO?
Mar 3, 2014 9:04 AM

Jun 2013
Akatsuki looked like Rika wearing that kimono!
Mar 3, 2014 9:16 AM

Jun 2013
pipeds said:
Takuan_Soho said:
pipeds said:

I was also talking about producing the raw materials without a factory or something like that. In the real world, it is easier to have parts that can be use to make such a boat. Also, how many months did it take for them to create such a machine in comparison to how they do it in the real world?

But they already had forges and the like for producing armor and stuff. This includes furniture such as bathtubs which were already in the game for cosmetic purposes. Steel plating, bolts and etc. are probably crafting recipes which means that they can be crafted from a menu in virtually no time at all. The rest would be just assembling the parts along with the manual manufacturing of a few core parts that could not be created via a menu.

I think the timeframe they completed it in was about one to two months. Consider what you and some friends can accomplish in minecraft over a weekend of play and the steam boat is hardly even impresive.
Natr1xMar 3, 2014 9:23 AM
Mar 3, 2014 10:44 AM

Aug 2011
Minori>Akatsuki
Mar 3, 2014 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
Man, I was really enjoying this anime, but I don't think Log Horizon needs a love triangle at all. That whole scene with Minori crying because Akatsuki likes Shiroe felt awkward as hell. Minori is one of my favorite female characters in the series, but I prefer Akatsuki with Shiroe instead.
Hopefully they resolve this Love Triangle fast, and it doesn't carry on through the rest of the series. I'd rather see more tactics and diplomatics that Log Horizon is known for, than love drama.
Mar 3, 2014 12:41 PM
Jun 2010
airbornejaws said:
I like how everyone's content and happy even though they're trapped in a different world. *cough*SAO*cough*.

If they don't, they will all break down mentally which is worse, imo.
Mar 3, 2014 12:53 PM
Mar 2014
Azekura said:
Man, I was really enjoying this anime, but I don't think Log Horizon needs a love triangle at all. That whole scene with Minori crying because Akatsuki likes Shiroe felt awkward as hell. Minori is one of my favorite female characters in the series, but I prefer Akatsuki with Shiroe instead.
Hopefully they resolve this Love Triangle fast, and it doesn't carry on through the rest of the series. I'd rather see more tactics and diplomatics that Log Horizon is known for, than love drama.

You know, Minori is more mature than Akatsuki, she'll deal whit it in a great way, unlike the shitty useless ninja.

Just wait.
Mar 3, 2014 1:06 PM

Aug 2012
Well it will be hard to choose now , >.<
Mar 3, 2014 1:29 PM

Jan 2011
The cake buffet, and Akatsuki's preperations were really nice. Couldn't stop laughing.

The later half was a bit sad with Minori being "heartbroken", but Tohya fixed her up..mostly. Let's see how it turns out.
Mar 3, 2014 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
Akatsuki so cutee
Mar 3, 2014 2:40 PM

Feb 2013
Minori, Akatsuki, Henrieta and girl in the flashback... I love them all, especially girl in the flasback...

but so far, I would ship shiroe x henrieta... unlike minori and akatsuki who thought about their feeling toward shiroe, henrieta gave real support here.... well, these two look good together...
Mar 3, 2014 3:10 PM

Apr 2013
acdneo said:

You know, Minori is more mature than Akatsuki, she'll deal whit it in a great way, unlike the shitty useless ninja.

Just wait.

Yeah, I know. I really liked Minori for her maturity. She tried her best to become a tactician herself, never asks Shiroe for help, but instead lessons so she could become a better person. She also overcame her shyness to benefit the whole party, which isn't an easy task. I haven't read the light novels, but all I see Akatsuki doing at the moment is "My lord."; she's mostly just listening to the commands of Shiroe and that's it.

Now don't get me wrong, I do like Akatsuki, but I liked Minori better. Hopefully, Minori realizes she's only 14 (or 15, idk) and she has a long way to go before she matures and decides who's a proper man. Minori is my favourite character, but I just can't see her getting together with Shiroe. Shiroe seems more like a teacher than a lover for Minori, to me. Still, I prefer not to have a love triangle or love drama at all.
Mar 3, 2014 4:29 PM
Mar 2014
I'm actually pretty shocked by how people is reacting to Minori. Damm for a girl of her age what she feels for Shiroe is perfectly normal (she thinks that's love, it's just an infatuation). It could become really strange only if Shiroe start feeling something about her, which I don't see happening in any way.
While I think ShiroexHenrietta is the best couple it's so evident that Shiroe feels something for the other member of the tea party (that, guess what, looks way older than Minori and I mean phisically older)
Mar 3, 2014 5:45 PM

Jul 2012
Both Akatsuki and Minori needed to progress their characters and this is just how Mamare Touno chose to go about it. Saying that a series doesn't need romance because it's cheesy or it doesn't match the tone of the series will get us nowhere. It's not like it's tacked on for the lulz. It, at least, has a defined purpose and will be evident in the next few eps.

Anyway the both of them were acting and thinking really selfishly about their (assumed) "relationship" w/ Shiroe. They both were content w/ staying near him and assumed that he will reciprocate their feelings w/out them making any concrete steps to try to understand him more or to further their relationship w/ him. Minoris outburst was a concise example of their attitudes towards their relationship w/ Shiroe. Completely one sided and sefish. W/c is unfair for the guy regardless of who he ends up w/. The both of them will start to confront their feelings and insecurities more after this and hopefully change for the better.
Mar 3, 2014 6:08 PM
Oct 2012
acdneo said:
Azekura said:

Just wait.

Akatsuki isn't exactly immature you know. Her problem is that she is a 23 year old girl who looks like she is 13 child (as explained in episode 3), it doesn't take too much imagination to begin to realize what a living hell that would create for a woman her age. There is a reason why she wanted to do the lone wolf assassin route.

As for being "useless", in the first 4 fights they did as a team, she dispatched more players than Shiroe and Nagotsu combined. The problem is of course as Shiroe rises in status, his battles are fought at a higher and higher level, which makes her combat skills far less important (in that Shiroe needs armies, not individuals). However, given that we know that there is another power center forming in West Japan, her value will suddenly increase (though she doesn't know it yet) as the battle between Shiroe and whoever that leader is becomes more personal and Shiroe's individual worth increases. Then a bodyguard/assassin will have a lot of worth.
Takuan_SohoMar 3, 2014 7:54 PM
Mar 3, 2014 7:47 PM

Oct 2010
Minori can't be that bright if she believes that she (as a middle schooler) can have a romantic relationship with a university student (23 I think?)
Mar 3, 2014 7:56 PM

Feb 2008
Meh episode. Log Horizon should stay away from this type of stuff.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Mar 3, 2014 8:04 PM
Oct 2012
SimmianPrime said:
Minori can't be that bright if she believes that she (as a middle schooler) can have a romantic relationship with a university student (23 I think?)

First, I don't think she knows how old Shiroe is, second you really can't control love. There was a nice touch this episode, Minori didn't know what she was feeling (even though her brother did) until she felt jealousy towards Akatsuki (the whole "he is mine") and then the whole thing just flooded out of her. That is what love is like, it doesn't often come with trumpets and banners, it can suddenly knock your socks off.

We don't know if Minori really wants to have a "romantic relationship", neither I bet does she. She has every reason in the world to love Shiroe, the person who rescued her brother and her from slavery, the person who is teaching her how to be a good person (this was back in episode 8 or so), the one person she can totally count on in this world, but that isn't the same thing as wanting to jump in the sack with him. This is her first love, and one of the elements of first love is its innocence.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

405 by Kraum »»
May 28, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
May 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.