Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 »
Oct 1, 2015 12:19 PM

Oct 2012
Yeah, that's not happening ever. Chimera Ant arc is too good to even consider it. Plus, there's also York New. It's so far from being in the relations. You're asking for something that's in the E-List to go to relations. That's not that simple.
Oct 1, 2015 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
I'd say that anything that sometime ws in the e-list cannot go to the r-list and viceversa. Just to give the club more credibility.

Also, HxH is the 2nd best shonen of all time. It is easily one of the top 20 all time anime series
Oct 1, 2015 12:52 PM

Oct 2012
guywholikesanime said:
I'd say that anything that sometime ws in the e-list cannot go to the r-list and viceversa. Just to give the club more credibility.

I'd like to agree but can't. There are things on the E-List that aren't good and we're looking into it. But it's just a really tough process and we can't just snap a finger and make it happen.
Oct 1, 2015 12:57 PM

Oct 2011
Ducat_Revel said:
guywholikesanime said:

I'd like to agree but can't. There are things on the E-List that aren't good and we're looking into it. But it's just a really tough process and we can't just snap a finger and make it happen.

How about I just snap the finger and make it happen.
Oct 1, 2015 1:00 PM

Sep 2014
Ducat_Revel said:
guywholikesanime said:

I'm not saying that you can't remove things from the lists. But if you do, you can't put it in the other.
Oct 1, 2015 1:03 PM

Oct 2011
I don't see why not. In the case of something like Madoka and Evangelion they could absolutely fit into both categories, it's just a matter of if that's a popular opinion or not within the club. If you get someone like Sushi in here he'll tell you all day long that NGE should be in relations as well as elist.
Oct 1, 2015 1:20 PM

May 2013
lordzeru said:
I don't see why not. In the case of something like Madoka and Evangelion they could absolutely fit into both categories, it's just a matter of if that's a popular opinion or not within the club. If you get someone like Sushi in here he'll tell you all day long that NGE should be in relations as well as elist.

Please don't jinx it

Oct 1, 2015 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
Ventris said:
lordzeru said:

Please don't jinx it

I'm not the only person who stated that in the past, many members (including people who like it like Nid and Amber) said that it's better if we put it on both lists.

But anyway, I'm all for more democracy when it comes to entries on Relations, the process is way more convoluted than the elist, since we never poll, vote or care to see what club members think about Relations entries.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 1, 2015 2:20 PM

Sep 2010
lordzeru said:
Ducat_Revel said:

How about I just snap the finger and make it happen.

I like your style

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Oct 2, 2015 10:33 AM
Mar 2012
Is there any chances to get Overlord to the relations list? I still suggesting Rokka no Yuusha to be nominated but it could change shortly. Log Horizon could be mentioned as well.
Oct 2, 2015 11:06 AM

Sep 2014
ZeroMoon said:
Is there any chances to get Overlord to the relations list? I still suggesting Rokka no Yuusha to be nominated but it could change shortly. Log Horizon could be mentioned as well.

I do not think those anime are overhyped enough to be included in the list
Oct 2, 2015 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
ZeroMoon said:

Log Horizon is actually extremely well-written and thought-out, I honestly wouldn't want it to be on Relations alongside SAO.

Overlord and Rokka no Yuusha are both forgotten about, I doubt they'd have the scores they have right now in a few months' time.

Overlord does seem like an alright suggestion at 8.18, but Rokka no Yuusha is barely hovering above the threshold at 7.80. It's a matter of time before it goes below the threshold, and I don't we need to flood Relations with stuff under the threshold more than it already does.

Speaking of which, here's stuff under or barely above the anime limit's threshold:
- Deadman Wonderland: 7.57
- Highschool of the Dead: 7.57
- K: 7.72
- Kiss x Sis (why was this even put): 7.52
- Index: 7.76
- Shakugan no Shana: 7.81
- OreImo: 7.61
- Vampire Knight: 7.51
- Zero no Tsukaima: 7.69

Mahouka is the kind of thing that I honestly wouldn't mind if it rots there forever, but the other shows are nowhere near overhyped nowadays.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 2, 2015 3:58 PM

Jan 2013
I think after everything settled, most of those are adaptations even fans of the source material weren't huge on from what I've seen. I think they were more just phases I think, maybe just their manga/LN versions should stay on perhaps. Can't remember the last time I'd heard someone bring up Deadman or Shana, and I think no one likes Vampire Knight anymore, especially with (from what I've heard) the dire ending to the manga and such.

I'm not advocating removal of any of these directly, just contributing to the discussion.

As for Kiss x Sis, I believe it was put on because they found even a score like that was far too high for it lol.
Oct 3, 2015 1:15 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah, it's more the fact that Kiss x Sis is rated higher than MAL's 6 and that people consider it a creative ecchi.

sushiisawesome said:
Speaking of which, here's stuff under or barely above the anime limit's threshold:
- Zero no Tsukaima: 7.69.

I see no problem with keeping them for now, as they are probably the most essential parts of the relation list.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 3, 2015 4:20 PM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
Yeah, it's more the fact that Kiss x Sis is rated higher than MAL's 6 and that people consider it a creative ecchi.

sushiisawesome said:
- Zero no Tsukaima: 7.69.

I see no problem with keeping them for now, as they are probably the most essential parts of the relation list.

How. They're not relevant and nobody cares about them.
Like legit, I can't remember the last time someone brought up Zero no Tsukaima or Deadman Wonderland in a positive light irl.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 3, 2015 4:29 PM

Feb 2008
You seem to care about them.

Oct 3, 2015 4:42 PM

Oct 2011
ZetaZaku said:

This.
Oct 4, 2015 1:02 AM

Apr 2012
lordzeru said:
ZetaZaku said:

This.

Not really, I couldn't care less for them. I'm just making a point.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 4, 2015 3:55 AM

Feb 2008
So you're suggesting us to remove everything except Eureka 7, Fate/Sushi and Yahari? The list would feel empty with just three of them.

Oct 4, 2015 8:49 AM

Apr 2012
ZetaZaku said:
So you're suggesting us to remove everything except Eureka 7, Fate/Sushi and Yahari? The list would feel empty with just three of them.

I suggested we remove 9 shows out of 47. That is less than a fifth.
A far, far cry from all of them.
I could, however, renominate Char's Counterattack for Relations :)
sushiisawesomeOct 4, 2015 9:42 AM
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 4, 2015 9:43 AM

Oct 2011
You're using your silly 'irl' judging meter again for what you consider overhyped. The only one out of your nine that would apply for me would be Zero no Tsukaima, which I might just remove.
Oct 4, 2015 10:10 AM

Apr 2012
lordzeru said:
You're using your silly 'irl' judging meter again for what you consider overhyped. The only one out of your nine that would apply for me would be Zero no Tsukaima, which I might just remove.

I'm using the actual scores you guys said are the limit as a judging meter. If you think that's silly, then that's your problem.

And why shouldn't I state that I hardly heard about certain shows in real life here and use that as an argument? Few of these shows aired on television, and it's not like anime fans here are vastly different from anime fans abroad, unless you're implying that somehow fans here see a completely different show while watching the same show online/after downloading it.

If you guys are saying popularity is all that matters (even though that's misleading and can even prove to be wrong) then I fail to see why ratings even matter. The Relations list was supposed to be 15-20 shows, and now we have almost 50 shows on it, a good portion of which don't deserve to be there anymore since they're irrelevant/no one mentions or talks about them.

I call bullshit on Elfen Lied being ranked in the top 15 in popularity for example, I literally have never heard someone praise it while I was here and in my time in Canada (2012 to 2013) I heard more people who disliked it than like it.

MAL's popularity =/= How popular a show actually is or perceived. So using that as a measuring stick is just plain incorrect.

And if we're talking ratings, then I've already made my point.

I don't even know why we're arguing about this. It's literally in the rules you guys set up (though I'm against using popularity as a measuring stick and more in support of how people actually see the show, which you guys don't want for some reason).
sushiisawesomeOct 4, 2015 10:26 AM
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 4, 2015 10:32 AM

Oct 2011
Where in our rules does it state we have a set score limit for shows in relations? Also you're talking about a club on MAL. We were here to exist as a direct opposite of MAL and it's userbase. So of course we're going to go by MAL standards, with a few exceptions. And even if you wanted to do the real life judging meter as I stated the only show I have not heard praise for irl in the past year would be Zero because nobody cares about that show.
Oct 4, 2015 10:54 AM

Apr 2012
lordzeru said:
Where in our rules does it state we have a set score limit for shows in relations? Also you're talking about a club on MAL. We were here to exist as a direct opposite of MAL and it's userbase. So of course we're going to go by MAL standards, with a few exceptions. And even if you wanted to do the real life judging meter as I stated the only show I have not heard praise for irl in the past year would be Zero because nobody cares about that show.

Because we use MAL as a scoring meter. If you legit can't remember, let me quote this:
Nidhoeggr said:

My inital idea would be the Top 750/500 or a rating about 7.80-8.00. Agree/disagree?

To which the members unanimously agreed.
I am not proposing the real life meter, I am proposing we judge shows by literally how people perceive them.
Shana is dated and irrelevant, and most of its former fans either acknowledged its flaws but still like it, moved on with other anime or aren't even watching anime.
Zero no Tsukaima is hated more than it's liked, specifically by the Harry Potter fanbase.
Deadman Wonderland's fanbase adores the manga and says the anime is shit.
Highschool of the Dead's fanbase (with very, and I mean very few exceptions) knows how flawed the show is and makes no effort to pretend that it's something deeper than it is (generally perceived as a mindless fun show).
K appeals to the fujoshi crowd and it's fans are self-aware (though extreme ones do exist).
Everyone knows Kiss x Sis is trash.
Index's fanbase considers the light novels better and the show has been made completely irrelevant because of Railgun.
OreImo is generally perceived to be trash, the ending has made the show a big no for people to watch.
Vampire Knight's fans have moved on, the show is generally liked by Twilight fans and they moved on when the movies ended (it was part of the vampire phase).

So us being an anti-MAL makes no sense when we are so defined by MAL and its non-existent standards. That's all I'm trying to point out.

Are you understanding my point or is it still not sinking in?
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 4, 2015 10:58 AM

Oct 2011
I'm afraid that's not the rules, sushi. That's a really old post. Almost three years old. I recommend you go to our official rules thread and give it a quick read over and let me know what you find regarding a set score being in place for relations.

Protip: You won't find any.

Why? Because it was removed a few months ago. Now please take a seat somewhere, read the rules, and enjoy the fall season.
Oct 4, 2015 11:09 AM

Apr 2012
lordzeru said:

Why? Because it was removed a few months ago. Now please take a seat somewhere, read the rules, and enjoy the fall season.

Can I assume that voting for Relations will go through a massive change then?
Not asking it to be exactly what I want, but I honestly think it has to change.
Thanks for clarifying though.
My bad for baiting in response to Zeta baiting, I shouldn't have done that.
- Oreki, Hyouka
Oct 12, 2015 7:57 AM

Sep 2014
lordzeru said:

MADOKA FOR R-LIST YES
Oct 12, 2015 8:06 AM
Jan 2013
The world God Only Knows.

The human theme of Twgok conflict between ideal and reality makes in unique.

Plus it inspired a lot of anime.

Watamote,Date A Live,No Game No Life.Even Gekkan Shoujo.

Oct 12, 2015 8:26 AM

May 2012
genesic123 said:

Seems like you're praising this anime. The relations list is for anime that is overrated and undeserving of its praise.

I don't think anyone is going to want to vote TWGOK into our enlightenment list.
Oct 12, 2015 8:32 AM

Sep 2010
Rofl right generic harem, with no real plot devlopment. Its not bad but it isn't deserving of praise or considered to be a materpiece

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
Oct 12, 2015 5:00 PM
Jan 2013
Rarity said:
genesic123 said:

Seems like you're praising this anime. The relations list is for anime that is overrated and undeserving of its praise.

I don't think anyone is going to want to vote TWGOK into our enlightenment list.

So much for you posers claiming to be elite.

Overrated my @ss.

The characters actually growing and changing.The plot does develop.

You are no better than plebs you hate so much.

Oct 12, 2015 5:13 PM

Sep 2010
genesic123 said:
Rarity said:

Overrated my @ss.

anime completed:35

i think yu really should expand your horizons. it takes more that for someone to criticize and evaluate anime between good and bad, for instance when i started watching anime, chobits was the best anime ever. now it's just average

Oct 12, 2015 5:38 PM

Sep 2014
These last posts were quite the trainwreck
Oct 12, 2015 5:49 PM

Sep 2010
that's because i like trains

Oct 12, 2015 6:06 PM
Jan 2013
Xykko said:
genesic123 said:

Overrated my @ss.

anime completed:35

i think yu really should expand your horizons. it takes more that for someone to criticize and evaluate anime between good and bad, for instance when i started watching anime, chobits was the best anime ever. now it's just average

I have watched more than my list suggest.

So your basis has nothing to do with the story?

Anime fandom is united against Twgok.Fine.It won't be on this list cause it was a real threat to the status quo.

Oct 12, 2015 7:21 PM

Sep 2012
1. This conversation is only happening because you misunderstood what someone said. No one said the show was overrated, they said that this is a place to talk about overrated shows and not about shows you like. If you wanted to talk about a show you think is good, this is the wrong place.

2. The only explanation you offer is "The characters actually changing and growing. The plot does develop." If you want people to explain why they don't like the show, actually explain why you like it first.

3. It doesn't make your opinion look very good if your response to people questioning you is to immediately accuse them of dishonesty instead of actually standing up for your opinion.
Oct 13, 2015 12:46 AM
Jan 2013
Popka said:
1. This conversation is only happening because you misunderstood what someone said. No one said the show was overrated, they said that this is a place to talk about overrated shows and not about shows you like. If you wanted to talk about a show you think is good, this is the wrong place.

2. The only explanation you offer is "The characters actually changing and growing. The plot does develop." If you want people to explain why they don't like the show, actually explain why you like it first.

3. It doesn't make your opinion look very good if your response to people questioning you is to immediately accuse them of dishonesty instead of actually standing up for your opinion.

Enough of your b.s justifictions.If Twgok won't be on the list than so be it.Have your victory.

All Hail Status Quo.Whining about the state of anime?You all asked for it.

Oct 13, 2015 2:38 AM

Sep 2012
You clearly didn't read a single word I said.
PopkaOct 13, 2015 2:57 AM
Oct 19, 2015 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
I'm not gonna nominate it because I haven't seen it in a while and I don't feel like writing a lot about it, but I'm honestly surprised Bakemonogatari isn't on the list.
Oct 19, 2015 6:06 PM

Feb 2014
Red_Keys said:
I'm not gonna nominate it because I haven't seen it in a while and I don't feel like writing a lot about it, but I'm honestly surprised Bakemonogatari isn't on the list.

It's there with the polled titles, deemed Unremarkable. So it didn't get in.
Oct 19, 2015 11:07 PM

Feb 2008
I am a bit surprised about that as well, seeing how majority here thinks it's shit. Maybe we could add it if enough people think it's worth it. I'm all for it.

Oct 20, 2015 12:04 AM

Apr 2013
ZetaZaku said:
I am a bit surprised about that as well, seeing how majority here thinks it's shit. Maybe we could add it if enough people think it's worth it. I'm all for it.
I'm going to have to interject. Whilst I am no means a fan of Bakemonogatari nor would I say that I like it. I don't really believe it to be bad enough to be on the relations list. Maybe if we are talking about it in terms of artistic quality versus popularity would I consider it (which I would, unless we are talking about its sequels than I would really have no problem with adding them or it to the list), but I felt that there was a handful of qualities to the first season that kept it just above mediocrity. I may be outspoken on this but I like to give everything a fair chance.
Oct 20, 2015 7:41 AM

Apr 2012
I'll have to give a -1 to Bakemonogatari. It certainly is extremely talkative (and sure as hell can come off as pretentious) but the characters are both well-developed and interesting, and the side stories are pretty varied (though formulaic). Also, Shaft's animation style changing during various scenes was an interesting touch, and I honestly think that if any other studio did it, no one would have watched or cared about it.

sushiisawesomeOct 20, 2015 7:46 AM
- Oreki, Hyouka
Nov 9, 2015 8:49 AM
Jul 2018
Eureka Seven doesn't deserve to be in anime relations. Not even this very club believes it deserves to be in anime relations. You polled it yourselves.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=639077

As for my reasoning....Just read my post inside that thread from when this club had a poll.
Nov 14, 2015 3:49 PM

Oct 2011
Battlechili said:
Eureka Seven doesn't deserve to be in anime relations. Not even this very club believes it deserves to be in anime relations. You polled it yourselves.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=639077

As for my reasoning....Just read my post inside that thread from when this club had a poll.

Eureka Seven is there as a joke against another member of the club. It's up to the person who added it to remove it if they want to.
Nov 15, 2015 2:16 PM

Jul 2015
TWGOK isn't that great of a show tbh...
Dec 5, 2015 6:19 AM

Dec 2014
I can't add good anime like Barakamon? or Can't super bad anime but also good anime like Rizelmine? I am so confuse can somebody explain it to me. I may know some anime to add in the relation if only I am clear what anime will I be pleasing to be add.
Dec 5, 2015 6:30 AM

Oct 2012
Kiel-kun said:
I can't add good anime like Barakamon? or Can't super bad anime but also good anime like Rizelmine? I am so confuse can somebody explain it to me. I may know some anime to add in the relation if only I am clear what anime will I be pleasing to be add.

Only overrated works can be added. That means they have wide spread popularity/acclaim but are usually below average. But, tbh, no one should care about the Relations anymore.
Dec 5, 2015 6:57 AM

Apr 2012
Generally speaking we add whatever the fuck we want whenever we want. All to inevitably annoy some overly sensitive folks out in the internet wilderness.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (28) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 »

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga Recommendation Thread Based on Your List ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Jan 25, 2013

1162 by LeonhartAugust »»
May 13, 11:17 PM

Sticky: » The New Manga Enlightenment Camp - All plebes and Untermenschen MUST attend

Exinqt - Aug 21, 2015

31 by Ducat_Revel »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM

» 10 Steps to Becoming an Anime Elitist

Deago - Jun 2, 2023

2 by AaronRRedfield »»
Jan 11, 3:52 PM

» Winter 2024 Overview

Deago - Dec 20, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Dec 20, 2023 8:24 AM

» Summer 2023 Overview

Deago - Jun 14, 2023

0 by Deago »»
Jun 14, 2023 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.