Forum Settings
Forums

Fall Anime ๐Ÿ‚ About Me Contest: Entries

New
Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]
Nov 6, 2023 12:15 AM

Apr 2011
OMG! I did not expect to be one of the winners! Thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜ญ Congrats to everyone! You guys are so creative, all the designs are so beautiful! โค๏ธ

And yes, I would love another contest like this one for the Winter season, too! I had a lot of fun! โค๏ธ
Nov 6, 2023 12:38 AM

Feb 2023
All these are really great designs. Congratulations to the winners ๐ŸŽ‰

I had a lot of fun this month scanning through the entries, getting to chat with people over their profile designs, and making my own list of personal favorites (9 out of 25 actually made it). There isn't really any objective way to say which design is better, so I'm generally fine with the selection process taking place behind closed doors. If we get a Winter Anime About Me Contest next season I'll definitely participate again (even though I don't need the MAL Supporter).

Thanks to @Kineta and @tingy as well as everyone behind the scenes for the event. โค I really appreciated tingy's continuous support in this thread for everyone who accidentally broke a rule.
Nov 6, 2023 12:52 AM

Apr 2015
Congratulations to all of the winners!
You did a really good designs!

Nov 6, 2023 2:04 AM

Apr 2020
I had so much fun with this, especially since this was my first time doing an about me design. I loved everyone's submissions!! Looking forward to the next ones ๐Ÿ’œ
Nov 6, 2023 2:06 AM
Mar 2019
tingy said:

Fall Anime ๐Ÿ‚ About Me Contest
Winning Entries

Thank you to everyone who participated! There were so many fun and interesting entries, that it was really hard to choose >_<
After much internal debate, we decided to give 3 Months MAL Supporter to 5 designs, and 1 Month MAL Supporter to 16 designs~

Designs are ordered by submission date, and are not ranked.
All designs can be viewed in full by clicking on the image or the member's profile.

3 Month MAL Supporter Winners

1 Month MAL Supporter Winners

Final Thoughts
  1. Would you be interested in participating if we did this again next anime season (Winter)?
  2. Any other feedback!

Thanks again to everyone who joined! Winners will receive a PM from me with your gift code soon~

Yay I won :D, congrats to all winners, I loved this event
Nov 6, 2023 4:09 AM

Jan 2019
OWO, I'm so happy that you liked my design. โค Thank you! Also, thank you so much for organizing this contest; I had a lot of fun not only designing but also exploring the anime (Ochibi-san for the win!)

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง Congratulations to all the participants, and especially to the winners; there were truly some fantastic entries.

I look forward to the next contest!

Nov 6, 2023 5:02 AM

Apr 2018
Had a lot of fun designing my profile and would definitely join again next season!

Thank you and congratulations to all winners! Mia-sama would be most pleased if you gave Tearmoon Empire a watch!

Nov 6, 2023 5:28 AM

Aug 2020
Lol I thought mine was good but those are awesome! Congrats to all winners.

Already waiting for winter season event ๐Ÿ˜‰

๐ŸŽƒ My MALoween Candy 2023 ๐ŸŽƒ

Nov 6, 2023 6:27 AM

Aug 2010
Really didn't expect to be listed on the winners list at all :") There are so many great designs. Thank you, and congratulations for all the winners!

Thank you for holding this event, and would definitely join for the Winter one if there will be one. It's been fun whenever I participate on these events! ^^
Nov 6, 2023 7:16 AM

Jan 2018
Reply to Euphie
I had so much fun with this, especially since this was my first time doing an about me design. I loved everyone's submissions!! Looking forward to the next ones ๐Ÿ’œ
@BocchiTheRock Congrats on winning a prize in this event! (Im on your friends list so we have spoken before :) )

@tingy When do you expect the badges to start be given out for all of the participants?
Nov 6, 2023 8:27 AM
ใŽใ‚ŠใŽใ‚Šใ‚ปใƒผใƒ•

Oct 2015
Congrats to all winners, well deserved!

1. I would be up for more contests like this one
2. It would be nice to have a feature where you can save your About Me as a loadout so you wouldn't lose your current design for when the contest is over.

Thanks for the event, I had a lot of fun!

Nov 6, 2023 11:12 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to tingy

Winning Entries

Thank you to everyone who participated! There were so many fun and interesting entries, that it was really hard to choose >_<
After much internal debate, we decided to give 3 Months MAL Supporter to 5 designs, and 1 Month MAL Supporter to 16 designs~

All designs can be viewed in full by clicking on the image or the member's profile.

Final Thoughts
  1. Would you be interested in participating if we did this again next anime season (Winter)?
  2. Any other feedback!

Thanks again to everyone who joined! Winners will receive a PM from me with your gift code soon~
@tingy we will get the "About me" event badge even if we stop using the modern about me now, right?
๐ฟ๐’พ๐’ป๐‘’ ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐’ฟ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Ž
ใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…ค๐ฟ๐’พ๐’ป๐‘’ ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐’ฟ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Ž
ใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…ค๐ฟ๐’พ๐’ป๐‘’ ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐’ฟ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Ž (แข..แข)
ใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…คใ…ค »[๐’ฅ๐“Š๐“ˆ๐“‰ ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Ž]«
Nov 6, 2023 11:22 AM

Oct 2019
Oh my god?? This was unexpected, I'm really happy my submission was appreciated though! ;o; Thank you so much and congratulations to all the other winners!! Love to see how creative people got with their designs, they're all very pretty <3

It would be nice if this became a recurring event, it's so cool and inspiring to see all the different ideas people come up with even with the limitations of non-supporter options. This was a ton of fun!
Nov 6, 2023 11:25 AM
Poi~

Sep 2022
Was not expecting to win, I was just making a silly profile

1. I would be down for another season of this, it was very fun
2. Congrats to all the winners, very well deserved
MALoween Mansion 2023 candies:
Nov 6, 2023 12:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to Konan_Edogawa_
@BocchiTheRock Congrats on winning a prize in this event! (Im on your friends list so we have spoken before :) )

@tingy When do you expect the badges to start be given out for all of the participants?
@Konan_Edogawa_ They should be given out within the next few days/by the end of the week!
Nov 6, 2023 12:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to Stuntdrath
@tingy we will get the "About me" event badge even if we stop using the modern about me now, right?
@Stuntdrath Yes, the list has already been finalized, you can change your profile now :)
Nov 6, 2023 12:20 PM
Mar 2018
Wow I was really surprised to see myself on the list of winners! Thank you to the staff who organized this event, I originally just wanted to do it for the badge but I ended up getting lost in how fun it was to just come up with different designs (and spent way too long picking between the themes lol). Congrats to everyone else too, I took a look at all of them and they're all so cool and really creative!

1. Yes I'd definitely be interested in another event for winter
2. An option to have save slots for About Me designs so you could change back to your previous design after the contest without having to redo everything
Mes Bonbons:
Nov 6, 2023 11:58 PM

Nov 2021
Reply to tingy

Winning Entries

Final Thoughts
  2. Any other feedback!

@tingy i've been robbed :O
Nov 7, 2023 1:46 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Wow, I was hoping to at least place high enough to get the 1-month MAL member thing, but with 1k+ entries I'm not surprised. xD ;_: With that said, congrats to everyone who won; the designs were really fun and creative! I'll take notes for next time...

Final Thoughts
- Would you be interested in participating if we did this again next anime season (Winter)?
Yes
Any other feedback!
- Allow us to use BBC codes in there
> Embed YouTube videos and MALGraph
- More customization options for non-members
- Maybe have some tutorial/walkthrough about how to access and use the About Me theme since I've seen multiple people confused with the event.

Thanks to the MAL team for hosting and providing a cute badge for this event .

=P Time to change my profile back to classic 'til next time.
Nov 7, 2023 5:49 AM

Jun 2022
How could this edit made to the top 5 when he just copy pasted an image directly from the manga cover, with no edits, and add a poorly edited text on the bottom? (not even integrated inside the image).

I've seen better and more original edits below on top 16 participants. People who have not just copy pasted an image and actually took time to edit it and made some really cool additions with the about me categories. Not to mention people who don't even made to the top 16 that most certainly made better edits and use of the about me features like the people from top 16 did. Design 12 easily beats design number 2 at everything. 2 is way to simple to be there.

I think this should be decided with a public voting narrowed down to 100 entries or so, to avoid rigged winners.
Nov 7, 2023 6:40 AM

Nov 2021
hi ๐Ÿ’– @tingy ๐Ÿ’– can i ask you? "why didn't receive my badge "About me" event badge. I believe my work is correct. Please double-check to ensure we have the right information.๐Ÿ’–I submitted it before the deadline and didn't receive any feedback Can you please provide specific details on what's incorrect so that I can address the issue?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2123291&show=150&msgid=69996633
Nov 7, 2023 7:09 AM

Sep 2021
Hi @tingy I didnt get badge even when I corrected my theme could you check it if you have time please.
I made it october 22
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2123291&show=340&msgid=69999983#msg69999983
Nov 7, 2023 7:11 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to BUTHO
How could this edit made to the top 5 when he just copy pasted an image directly from the manga cover, with no edits, and add a poorly edited text on the bottom? (not even integrated inside the image).

I've seen better and more original edits below on top 16 participants. People who have not just copy pasted an image and actually took time to edit it and made some really cool additions with the about me categories. Not to mention people who don't even made to the top 16 that most certainly made better edits and use of the about me features like the people from top 16 did. Design 12 easily beats design number 2 at everything. 2 is way to simple to be there.

I think this should be decided with a public voting narrowed down to 100 entries or so, to avoid rigged winners.
@BUTHO
I understand the frustration about the intransparent selection process. With all those other cool designs it's hard to just trust that everything was decided fairly without any bias or sympathies.
But I really don't think jneowls's profile design is worse than any of the other ones, I even had it in my own list of personal favorites. It's a fairly modest design, but everything fits together really well. It definitely isn't everyones taste but I'm convinced that many others liked it as well.

The top half of the header is the manga cover, it's cropped to not take too much space. The "Hello" box below uses pretty much the same colors as the cover and with the rough look it fits perfectly into the playful sketchbook style that is regularly used in the anime. The header then transitions nicely into the Watercolor Dots theme.
The four symbols at the bottom of the page are a nice eyecatcher as well, especially with those ๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜†: *.โ˜ฝ .* :โ˜†๏พŸ. stars as decoration.
Nov 7, 2023 7:42 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Vaturna
@BUTHO
I understand the frustration about the intransparent selection process. With all those other cool designs it's hard to just trust that everything was decided fairly without any bias or sympathies.
But I really don't think jneowls's profile design is worse than any of the other ones, I even had it in my own list of personal favorites. It's a fairly modest design, but everything fits together really well. It definitely isn't everyones taste but I'm convinced that many others liked it as well.

The top half of the header is the manga cover, it's cropped to not take too much space. The "Hello" box below uses pretty much the same colors as the cover and with the rough look it fits perfectly into the playful sketchbook style that is regularly used in the anime. The header then transitions nicely into the Watercolor Dots theme.
The four symbols at the bottom of the page are a nice eyecatcher as well, especially with those ๏ฝฅ ๏ฝก๏พŸโ˜†: *.โ˜ฝ .* :โ˜†๏พŸ. stars as decoration.
@Vaturna I’m not frustrated. I didn’t take part because I knew it was rigged like all the giveaways, competitions and stuff that are all over the internet that won’t post the votes and criteria publicly for people to see how and why they valued things. They should make a public voting for about top 100 designs to avoid jury personal preferences.

He cropped the manga volume, yeah like you can do that in 30 seconds come on. The eyecatcher… copy-paste some pre-made symbols most certainly, and even if done 1 by 1 it won’t take more than 1 minute to do. It transitions well, but design 12 transitions 5 times better, the header from design 12 has like 15 times more time and work and dedication than just cropping a manga cover… Design 2 is too simple to be there when there’s better material not just artistically but because you can see they invested more time in making them than design 2. It is what it is.
Nov 7, 2023 8:27 AM

Dec 2021
Wow, congrats for those who winning the event! Im thinking i could win but its okay thou XD

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Riley Dragneel | Discord: @_vulcann
Nov 7, 2023 12:27 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to Hayukoo
hi ๐Ÿ’– @tingy ๐Ÿ’– can i ask you? "why didn't receive my badge "About me" event badge. I believe my work is correct. Please double-check to ensure we have the right information.๐Ÿ’–I submitted it before the deadline and didn't receive any feedback Can you please provide specific details on what's incorrect so that I can address the issue?

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2123291&show=150&msgid=69996633
@Hayuko9 Hi! I see that you had edited the post on 10/19. Initially, I think your message only had "....." when I checked it on 10/17, which I had marked as "Not a submission?" I was going to go back to take a look, but I forgot with all the submissions starting to pile up >_<

Technically your title of choice is not eligible, most likely because the episodes didn't come out until after the contest was over. I'll let it pass since several Pluto submissions prior to its release also only used the key visuals and/or screenshots from the PV, and Tensura is a popular franchise ^^
Nov 7, 2023 12:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to demooTVsk
Hi @tingy I didnt get badge even when I corrected my theme could you check it if you have time please.
I made it october 22
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=2123291&show=340&msgid=69999983#msg69999983
@demooTVsk Sorry about that! I must've missed your mention in my notifications >_< I've given you the badge~
Nov 7, 2023 12:44 PM
Hocus Pocus!๐Ÿช„

Jul 2020
@tingy
Hi. Sorry for the ping. I see that the badge has been distributed, but I didn't get it myself. I edited the post after being mentioned.

My post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2123291&id=69997729
Nov 7, 2023 1:27 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to MickHeal
@tingy
Hi. Sorry for the ping. I see that the badge has been distributed, but I didn't get it myself. I edited the post after being mentioned.

My post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2123291&id=69997729
@MickHeal Sorry, the mention must've been lost among my notifications >_< I've given you the badge!
Nov 7, 2023 3:51 PM
Master of Cursed

Aug 2011
Congrats to the winners, they all look really nice!!! :D

Nov 8, 2023 1:46 AM

Jun 2016
@tingy
Hi! Sorry for bothering you but I've seen that the badge has been distributed. I edited my post and mentioned you after being told that the previous image wasn't compatible with the rules but since I didn't get the badge I figured that maybe you haven't seen the notification?

My post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2123291&id=69997364
Nov 8, 2023 3:59 AM

Feb 2020
Of course!!!! Would love to participate again for fun! (And for the badge too obviously hehe)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2023 9:58 AM
๐™ฟ๐™ฐ๐™ธ๐™ฝ

Feb 2023
Reply to tingy

Winning Entries

Final Thoughts
  2. Any other feedback!

@tingy

Thanks so much - this was my first contest here and it was a lot of fun.
๐™ธ ๐š”๐š—๐š˜๐š  ๐š™๐šŠ๐š’๐š— • uฬฒmฬฒaฬฒiฬฒ • ๏พšαmßεη† ๏พšïgh† • ษช'แด แด€สŸสŸ ๊œฐษชส€แด‡แด… แดœแด˜ • ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜-๐ŸŸ • ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ž๐”ฉ
๐™„'๐™‡๐™‡ ๐™†๐™„๐™‡๐™‡ ๐™๐™ƒ๐™€๐™ˆ ๐˜ผ๐™‡๐™‡ • ๐’ฏ๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’ ๐’œ๐‘”๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰ • ๐๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ฌ ๐”๐ฅ๐ญ๐ซ๐š • แต–แต˜สณแต–หกแต‰ สฐแต’หกหกแต’สท • แ–‡Iแ‘•Eแ—ทแ—ฉแ’ชแ’ช

Nov 8, 2023 10:06 AM

Feb 2021
@tingy
Hey there, Sorry for the ping!
I see that the results have been announced but I still didn't receive the badge. I had made the required changes and pinged you there as well.
My post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2123291&id=70026664
Nov 8, 2023 12:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to Rin_Swift
@tingy
Hi! Sorry for bothering you but I've seen that the badge has been distributed. I edited my post and mentioned you after being told that the previous image wasn't compatible with the rules but since I didn't get the badge I figured that maybe you haven't seen the notification?

My post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2123291&id=69997364
@Rin_Swift Sorry about that! I've given you the badge ^^
Nov 8, 2023 12:21 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to Apex-Psycho-100
@tingy
Hey there, Sorry for the ping!
I see that the results have been announced but I still didn't receive the badge. I had made the required changes and pinged you there as well.
My post: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2123291&id=70026664
@Apex-Psycho-100 No worries, it was my fault for missing the notification! I've given you the badge :D
Nov 8, 2023 2:11 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to tingy
@Rin_Swift Sorry about that! I've given you the badge ^^
@tingy No problem! You had lots to do with all the people who took part to the event, so thanks for your hard work!
Nov 8, 2023 3:13 PM
Jan 2019
Congrats to the winners! I tried my best with my profile, so sad I didn’t win T^T
Nov 9, 2023 12:13 AM
Jul 2018
Stunning work from the winners, massive congrats! Fun contest, hope to have more of them in the future. :)
It was great to see what everyone was able to come up with. ๐Ÿ‘
Nov 9, 2023 1:00 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to tingy
@Apex-Psycho-100 No worries, it was my fault for missing the notification! I've given you the badge :D
@tingy Hmm but I don't see the badge on my profile yet :/
Nov 9, 2023 1:17 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Reply to Apex-Psycho-100
@tingy Hmm but I don't see the badge on my profile yet :/
@Apex-Psycho-100 Oops, it's there now, I promise!
Nov 9, 2023 1:22 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to tingy
@Apex-Psycho-100 Oops, it's there now, I promise!
@tingy Yeah I see it now! Thanks :D
Nov 9, 2023 1:31 PM
้‹ๅ‘ฝใฎๅคฉไฝฟ

Dec 2011
Congratulations to all the winners!

I am already a MAL Supporter so I joined just to experience it and to get the badge.

I am guilty of not putting that much effort but I promise to do better next time.

โš”๏ธ Cards Delivery | Challenges | Events โš”๏ธ

Nov 14, 2023 10:52 AM
rat god rat god

Nov 2022
Reply to tingy

Winning Entries

Final Thoughts
  2. Any other feedback!

@tingy oh god i forgot this was happening
thank you very much! i didn't expect to get into top 5, i'm very glad you liked the overly-cheery/sweet aesthetic, looking back that was a bold choice lmao
Nov 15, 2023 10:14 PM

Aug 2020
Reply to tingy

Winning Entries

Final Thoughts
  2. Any other feedback!

tingy said:
Would you be interested in participating if we did this again next anime season (Winter)?

I feel like every season is a bit much tbh ๐Ÿ˜… It's very fun, but once or twice a year seems more appropriate than 4 times, but maybe that's just me.
Pages (26) « First ... « 24 25 [26]

More topics from this board

» Best Profile Design (April 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - May 3

5 by Bunnyama »»
May 8, 10:11 AM

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Winners

Nate - May 1

9 by Bunnyama »»
May 4, 6:59 AM

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (May 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - May 3

0 by KarenShirotori »»
May 3, 7:57 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

23 by Nate »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

23 by Faisal-Abdulhadi »»
Apr 29, 11:36 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.