Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2015 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
who did akame slice up at the end
+
i didnt like how leone was the one to kill the minister,shes my least fav
Apr 13, 2015 3:30 AM

Dec 2012
MAN. THAT'S HOW THEY KILL LEONE?! MAN. NO.
:<
Apr 14, 2015 7:34 PM
Apr 2015
The last 2 episodes are filled with non-sense actions. They could at least make a teaser that Tatsumi and Esdeath lived and they just teleport to a far location/ Oh god how I wish of that at least. :(
May 18, 2015 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
Seriously is going to give this a 9-10/10, it got so much better towards the end like holy shit I don't think I fully grasped what happend in this episode yet. I think I cried a little but then I was just too shocked to comprehend. This is exactly how I want to feel after I finish a show.
May 18, 2015 4:27 PM

Sep 2013
CarloSpeed said:
The last 2 episodes are filled with non-sense actions. They could at least make a teaser that Tatsumi and Esdeath lived and they just teleport to a far location/ Oh god how I wish of that at least. :(

No. No Esdeath x Tatsumi. Ever.
May 18, 2015 6:12 PM
Feb 2014
Final episode, not sure I was overly impressed - but I know I was engaged the whole time, didn't look at my phone once!

I actually wasn't overwhelmed with the story in this one, but the character designs and animation kept me coming back each week. Also the shock value of some of the episodes was something to look forward to.

I'll probably watch it again in a few years, hopefully there's a sequel with a more solid story.
May 19, 2015 5:55 AM

Jul 2010
What bugs me the most is pointless deaths to just about everyone. Some are justified, but some, I'm like really? He/She had to die? Why? What purpose does that serve?

Action, good.
Story, meh.
Character development, shit.
May 19, 2015 6:02 AM

Aug 2014
The plot and characters were pretty good, but some of the deaths after the 1st half just felt terribly done and even unexpected. Leone died in such a stupid way...could have done a bit more out of that her death imo and the character development was not quite that good. The animation doe was amazing, especially this final fight between Akame and Esdeath. What does bothers me is why didn't the minister use that thing earlier to destroy the Night Raiders gears and why didn't Akame use her trumphant card vs Esdeath earlier?

Overall I consider it a 5/10.
May 21, 2015 2:25 AM
Feb 2013
Lol at some of these ratings.

I enjoyed the show, when I accepted it for what it was labeled - a tradegy... After the 3rd or 4th death I detached myself from the characters, because I predicted by the end that by the end that maybe 1-2 would be left. Some of these ratings look like butthurt ratings, even though Leona's death was a bit much, but her sticking that blanket over her head was foreboding.

I don't reach much manga, so I could careless about breaking away from it, and the character development was ok for my tastebuds... I prefer more action and storyline movement than a bunch of flashbacks.

Although I enjoyed the watch, and would naturally give it an 8 off entertainment value if I had to compare to others it would be a 7, no lower than a 6.
May 26, 2015 12:21 AM

Nov 2007
I lost motivation to finish when the anime original end came.Wasn't thrilled with the super mech boss or Tatsumi's death. Oh well.
May 26, 2015 3:58 AM

Jun 2014
this was a piece of shit
:3
May 26, 2015 11:02 PM
Jan 2015
Esdeath found out that what goes around, comes around. When she got cut up and got dissected herself, by Akame. First her arm and then her own body.
Jun 8, 2015 5:39 PM

Apr 2015
I did not like that end up either because not follow the original plot of the manga, but I have to confess that I enjoyed a bit of history.
Jun 18, 2015 4:10 PM

Nov 2007
awww. even Leone died. :(
im pretty much confident that Akame will be the only one standing but i atleast hoped someone will be with her and that's Leone. awww.
however, that hug in the end made me feel a bit better. :))

10/10 for me. that battles are epic. i actually liked Esther x Akame scenes, demo Mine's battles hit my heart more. ;))
Jun 20, 2015 9:17 AM
Jun 2014
So awesome. Wish Mine's death was a bit more graphic. It didnt look like she died properly and wouldve been better with like a hole from a lighning bolt or something. Ending was fkin epic and probably the best filler I have ever seen. This stands alone very well and reading the manga after this is something thats completely optional unlike some such as Beelzebub (dat fkin ending).

Also I think they focused on Tatsumi instead of Akame at the start so they could kill off the "lead". Off to read the manga now :D
Dem anime hipsters tho ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Jul 3, 2015 6:56 AM

Dec 2013
leone died :'( boss will die :'( in the last, akame was the only one to survive..kinda sad to know that all of Night raid's strong members died except akame which didn't have any big development comparing to tatsumi : /
anyway, EPIc battle , i enjoyed it a lot..proper death for Esdeath-sama..well, this is the perfect end for such a tragic anime
7/10 (gonna miss the second opening)
Jul 7, 2015 9:05 AM

Sep 2009
Meh, this shit was bad and forgettable. I'm glad it finally ended, cause I got tired watching it just to finish this brainless shit.

It started out decent, but it just got more and more ridiculous episode after episode especially towards the ending including the over the top and anti-climatic boring fights. It sounded good from the plot summary and it drifted from other generic shounen anime with a lot of characters getting killed off, but the execution was poorly handled and I didn't feel anything for any of the characters.

4/10 just because.
AmphetamineJul 7, 2015 9:11 AM
Jul 8, 2015 4:19 PM

May 2012
I honestly don't know what to feel about this anime... This is like my first time watching an anime where most of the main cast died. The battles were pretty enjoyable to watch but I feel like some characters died way too quickly :c

Overall I give 8/10 even though the ending wasn't that great.
Jul 10, 2015 2:03 AM
Apr 2014
... I thought it was good ._.
Jul 14, 2015 3:54 AM
Dec 2013
This show.... this show. That's all I have to say, really. It is very rare that a show's ending resonates with such magnitude as this that I feel the need to go out of my way at 4:00 am to post my opinions to the world about just how amazing of a show I thought this one was.

A lot of people complain about the ending. About how it's not a happily ever after and that it's really sad and almost literally everyone died. But it is not this ending which ruined Akame ga Kill, not even close. There is no other ending that could have occurred that would have better fit the theme of Akame ga Kill and would have better delivered the story's message. They are assassins that fight for the people of a tyrannical empire, but they are still assassins. The characters all knew this from the very start: they are not good, righteous people. They are killers. They would face retribution one way or another at some point in time and repent for their crimes. This ending was hinted at from the very beginning and I'm glad it happened the way it did.

A happily ever after ending would have been horrible for this show. It is not a happy show. It is not a light-hearted show. It is a heavy show and a realistic show. One where the main characters are not guarded by the author's magic pen. They are thrown into a violent and savage world where anything can happen, and right when you want it to happen the least it does. That is the cruel beauty of this show, that it is not made easier to watch for all audiences or lessened in burden for those without the heart to stand character death.

Akame ga Kill truly is a unique and one of a kind show. While all was accomplished in the end it came at a great price, as it would realistically and logically. War is never easy, especially not to watch. Akame ga Kill you have stolen my heart, and you will resonate inside my mind for years to come as one of the greatest anime I've ever seen. It is these kinds of shows that I watch anime for. This is story telling, people. Take notes.
Jul 14, 2015 3:56 AM

Apr 2008
BladeintheDark said:
This show.... this show. That's all I have to say, really. It is very rare that a show's ending resonates with such magnitude as this that I feel the need to go out of my way at 4:00 am to post my opinions to the world about just how amazing of a show I thought this one was.

A lot of people complain about the ending. About how it's not a happily ever after and that it's really sad and almost literally everyone died. But it is not this ending which ruined Akame ga Kill, not even close. There is no other ending that could have occurred that would have better fit the theme of Akame ga Kill and would have better delivered the story's message. They are assassins that fight for the people of a tyrannical empire, but they are still assassins. The characters all knew this from the very start: they are not good, righteous people. They are killers. They would face retribution one way or another at some point in time and repent for their crimes. This ending was hinted at from the very beginning and I'm glad it happened the way it did.

A happily ever after ending would have been horrible for this show. It is not a happy show. It is not a light-hearted show. It is a heavy show and a realistic show. One where the main characters are not guarded by the author's magic pen. They are thrown into a violent and savage world where anything can happen, and right when you want it to happen the least it does. That is the cruel beauty of this show, that it is not made easier to watch for all audiences or lessened in burden for those without the heart to stand character death.

Akame ga Kill truly is a unique and one of a kind show. While all was accomplished in the end it came at a great price, as it would realistically and logically. War is never easy, especially not to watch. Akame ga Kill you have stolen my heart, and you will resonate inside my mind for years to come as one of the greatest anime I've ever seen. It is these kinds of shows that I watch anime for. This is story telling, people. Take notes.

You are the type of person to project their delusions onto the facts huh
Jul 14, 2015 1:47 PM
Dec 2013
Darklight0303 said:
BladeintheDark said:

You are the type of person to project their delusions onto the facts huh

I just enjoy everything.
Jul 17, 2015 6:12 AM
Jul 2015
In my opinion this anime was great. It was something unusual for me due to all the "good characters" deaths. I first was pissed off when I saw Main's death since I seriously thought she'd survive till the end with Tatsumi and that'll be a good end. But I've got shat on my face several times after like Episode 19 where all the "original" stuff happens. But in the end, one week later, I realised that this is what the anime is. A tragic anime with violence and alot of realism. Not that fairytale BS. I gotta give the anime 9/10 because I disliked Main's and Tatsumi's death, but the fact, that the anime got me thinking of it like almost a week, I gotta give it a high rating. Only a few animes could get me into a sad and in a "what if that would've happened?"-state. I got one question though, I've read the manga till chapter 60 now. And that chapter has been released like 5 months ago if I am not mistaken.. when will a new chapter / volume appear and how many will follow up? I can't wait to see when Main will wake up from her coma. And I am also interested if Tatsumi will die before she'll wake up or if they'll be happily together after shit happened. I hope for a good and happy end tbh. since the anime had a bad end.

9/10 as I've said.
Would be great if someone could answer my questions.

BTW: I saw the OVA which included the 24th OVA. I liked it alot but I can not accept it as a real ending due to the lack of realism there. It was just a fairytale again. And the anime is based off the real hard life which punches you several times in the face and spits afterwards on you. I reeeaaally hope for a legit good end in the manga.
Julian010Jul 17, 2015 6:18 AM
Jul 19, 2015 2:01 PM

May 2015
Why do you guys hate this anime so much? Oh well, I guess you could have it your way. I liked it, t'was fine. 7/10.
Jul 25, 2015 1:51 PM
Jun 2014
Hello, do you know the name of the song starting with 19:40 ? pls help
Aug 5, 2015 5:35 PM

Dec 2010
Damn good show.

I was going to write something (and mean it) really vile about how 99% of the people on this site are morons and have no idea what makes something like this good (or that they unjustly hate the show over some petty reason like it being different from the manga or their favorite character died or something stupid like that). Then I realized the show actually has a decent rating despite the incredible amount of vocal hate it receives, and remembered that it really is true that the minority shouts the loudest... because obviously they feel they must to prove their "point".
shotgunjesusAug 5, 2015 5:40 PM
Aug 6, 2015 6:37 PM

Sep 2013
shotgunjesus said:
Damn good show.

I was going to write something (and mean it) really vile about how 99% of the people on this site are morons and have no idea what makes something like this good (or that they unjustly hate the show over some petty reason like it being different from the manga or their favorite character died or something stupid like that). Then I realized the show actually has a decent rating despite the incredible amount of vocal hate it receives, and remembered that it really is true that the minority shouts the loudest... because obviously they feel they must to prove their "point".

Hahahaha, no.

I haven't read the manga nor have a "favorite character" and thought the show was awful.
Aug 7, 2015 4:21 AM

Dec 2010
Avok said:
shotgunjesus said:
Damn good show.

Hahahaha, no.

I haven't read the manga nor have a "favorite character" and thought the show was awful.

Well, that's fine, you're not at all who I'm talking about. I was just surprised that I heard so much about this showing being trash, and I almost didn't watch it. But then I did because I was bored and feeling adventurous, and I ended up loving it. I had no idea as many people liked it as they did. I don't always reference Myanimelist's ratings and whatnot before I watch a show. The only reason I said I was going to say something vile is because I was horribly confused how this show was so widely hated. But it's not, so I don't actually mean that. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, I'm not even saying you're wrong. I was just surprised, both by how much I liked it and how wrong I was that it was widely hated.
Aug 10, 2015 11:08 PM

Jul 2015
So sad for Tatsumi's village.. I hope word gets to them about his heroics. Akame's all alone now, with a literal death wish on her body :/ Leone deserves a better death!

The emperor's imperial arms just sucked real hard. Giant Robot, seriously?

And so the story ends with harem afterlife lol, still worth watching 24 episodes. At least Wild Hunt didn't show up!

Aug 12, 2015 11:37 AM
Aug 12, 2015 11:38 AM
Aug 23, 2015 7:17 PM
Jan 2015
Akame, the lone survivor, remembering her late friends, walking in the desert. Encountering a group of Teigu users.

TIME TO...
EMLIMATE!!

AKAME GA KILL!
Aug 28, 2015 11:56 AM
Oct 2013
so najenda really did like labback huh.
Also,cant finish the show without another ally death(leone)
this a was a great ride though
Aug 30, 2015 12:05 AM

Sep 2013
I was spoiled on episode 22 about Tatsumi. I indeed don't know how I feel yet. He is one of the characters that I like the most and he got killed off.
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Sep 6, 2015 8:35 PM
Sep 2015
Okay, so I just recently watched the Anime and read the Manga, and from what it looks like certain characters (like Mine) aren't 100% dead. I have a feeling the founder of the path of peace might heal her in someway, idk! but anyways. I feel the Anime was rushed to a finish which is kinda disappointing to me but overall the Anime was good so was the Manga, and when the Anime stuck true to the manga it was great. Overall though I'd say 8/10 for the Anime a little rushed at the end but the parts it stuck to were amazing, besides in the manga in the latest chapter shit is getting reaaaalll o.o also, at the very end of episode 24 when wave and run wondered if Tatsumi and Esdeath were reunited I'd have to sayy (which is hella obvious) they weren't at that point Tatsumi and Mine would already be together in the afterlife and Esdeath would be off in the frozen hell she deserves >.> (which wouldn't bother her so maybe actually hell lol)
Sep 14, 2015 5:00 PM

Mar 2015
Terrible, terrible ending.
Sep 18, 2015 1:28 PM

Aug 2014
The anime went downhill after episode 17 , it rushed to the end quickly resulting in bad episodes and battles in my opinion if they wanted to add that much characters they should have developed them better so i think it should've had 40-50 episodes instead of 24. some scenes and deaths didn't make any sense , but it was expected because the anime looked like a shounen anime.
some of the characters were good and likable in fact most of them but they lacked development.
episode 24 was better than 23 , the final battle was good , Leone death was WTF.
in my opinion it could have been done better
however it was an enjoyable anime and i had fun watching it
6/10 from me
looks like this anime can be made into a video game
Sep 23, 2015 9:36 PM
Sep 2015
What really annoyed me was the way Esdeath destroyed Tatsumi's body along with her self because he should have been buried along side Mine and every one else. Also the way Leone died wasn't right it kind of sucked. Think it would have been better if both Tatsumi and Akame had survived but I guess a happier ending was just wishful thinking. =(
Sep 24, 2015 12:16 PM

Apr 2015
I don't get the hate.
This anime was just more realistic in some way...
Happy ending is not always the good one. I'm sad after watching it anyway, but it only prooves that it was good one, emotional. You guys would rather see tatsumi being the hero, saving everyone and then living with mine/akame/anyone till they die of old age? Too beautiful, too good and too unreal.
All good things must come to an end.
Not every story has to be a fairy tail :D
Sep 27, 2015 11:53 PM

Oct 2013
Tokoya said:
VanishingKira said:
Best girl got her somewhat happy ending :'')

Couldn't agree more.

Akame ga Kill started out rough, but it was still an enjoyable ride. TBH I am not sure why a lot of people bash it as much as they do. It is a good show and did not feel like it was trying to be too dark (nor would I probably even say it was dark to begin with). Yeah, so a couple of main characters were killed, but its not like some shows where they mourn the death for half the series (then again, sometimes great shows do that too... Im thinking about you LOTGH). The only irritating flaws probably comes near the beginning episodes of the show. Post episode 6, I had no real problems. 7/10 for me.
Oct 12, 2015 9:14 AM
Oct 2015
final 2 Fights get 9/10 it was amazing ending gets 3/5 and series 6/10 overrated ending was pretty bad and everyone had bad backstory only bols had decent and there was only 3 good characters. Bols, akame before sheele died and string guy. i think action and comedy was good but drama was horrible. there were too many characters.
Oct 20, 2015 4:30 PM

Jan 2012
Gunism said:
Why do you guys hate this anime so much? Oh well, I guess you could have it your way. I liked it, t'was fine. 7/10.

7/10 = Good
U said it was fine

Ot:ok they let fucking waver ,angel guy to live and they killed interesting characters
Good job bruh .

Oct 27, 2015 3:05 AM

Oct 2015
Klassical said:
The anime went downhill after episode 17 , it rushed to the end quickly resulting in bad episodes and battles in my opinion if they wanted to add that much characters they should have developed them better so i think it should've had 40-50 episodes instead of 24. some scenes and deaths didn't make any sense , but it was expected because the anime looked like a shounen anime.
some of the characters were good and likable in fact most of them but they lacked development.
episode 24 was better than 23 , the final battle was good , Leone death was WTF.
6/10 from me

At least I'm not the only one thinking 6/10...I really was hoping to give it atleast a 7. I'm so disappointed a lot of characters died pointless deaths, Then they just kill it by having Tatsumi die at the end making him a failure of a character, at least that's how I felt. I wouldn't feel like that if they did like you said and maybe have went 45-50 episodes to develop them more so their deaths would have at least been more justifiable but nope around the time Chelsea died every death seemed unnecassary. Chelsea could have avoided death if she wasn't stupid enough to go try and kill Kurome alone, and she called them naive, Su was just and IA so yeah, I know Mine overexerted herself in her final fight...but I felt she didn't need to die her victory was bitter/sweet. Lubbock well his was unavoidable they can get away with his death because him and Tatsumi just happened to fall into a trap. And Leone don't get me started someone already quoted it perfectly on here they killed her off like a street whore wtf is that. As for Tatsumi way to go writers his death kind of made his whole existence worthless (The reason everyone loved him was because of his resilience and being a survivor). But nope his promises meant shit...maybe I feel like that because it was only 24 episodes so it didn't do him justice.
Oct 27, 2015 4:56 AM

Apr 2008
_Illuminati_ said:
Klassical said:
6/10 from me

At least I'm not the only one thinking 6/10...I really was hoping to give it atleast a 7. I'm so disappointed a lot of characters died pointless deaths, Then they just kill it by having Tatsumi die at the end making him a failure of a character, at least that's how I felt. I wouldn't feel like that if they did like you said and maybe have went 45-50 episodes to develop them more so their deaths would have at least been more justifiable but nope around the time Chelsea died every death seemed unnecassary. Chelsea could have avoided death if she wasn't stupid enough to go try and kill Kurome alone, and she called them naive, Su was just and IA so yeah, I know Mine overexerted herself in her final fight...but I felt she didn't need to die her victory was bitter/sweet. Lubbock well his was unavoidable they can get away with his death because him and Tatsumi just happened to fall into a trap. And Leone don't get me started someone already quoted it perfectly on here they killed her off like a street whore wtf is that. As for Tatsumi way to go writers his death kind of made his whole existence worthless (The reason everyone loved him was because of his resilience and being a survivor). But nope his promises meant shit...maybe I feel like that because it was only 24 episodes so it didn't do him justice.

Everyone loved Tatsumi. hahahah bullshit
Oct 27, 2015 9:37 AM

Oct 2015
I get the realism and everything and I like that, not everything has a happy ending but they should have ran for more episodes so it wouldn't look like the last 5 or 6 episodes where hasty...main characters can die but if your going to kill them at least put more development in because either way it's sad but it leaves you feeling like it didn't do them justice. Like I previously said if it would have went 50 episodes and Tatsumi died along with the other fallen it'd would have solidified it more. Either way it was a good 6 or 7 out of 10
Oct 28, 2015 7:36 PM
Oct 2015
Wow The person directing this anime should be fire immediately .
Nov 11, 2015 7:41 PM

Feb 2010
Leone's death though...made her death reflect her life as a homeless street skank. Despite everything else, that was pretty damn cruel death scenario for her..

Nov 15, 2015 4:28 PM

Apr 2015
my impressions of akame ga kill = hahahahahahahah
Nov 16, 2015 6:46 PM
Mar 2008
Just finished watching akame ga kill, very emotional ending and i enjoyed it, i like how it's not a happy ending where everyone lives, kudos to the creators for adding realism to it. This is my opinion.
Nov 20, 2015 12:55 AM

May 2013
Its not the best anime, but it hit pretty hard to see literally everyone die. So I guess they did something right
Pages (28) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2014

1213 by deanglz »»
Aug 27, 3:29 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

612 by C10udzTheWeeb »»
Aug 9, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

430 by Rizsen »»
Aug 7, 11:26 AM

» Worth watching while being spoiled?

Ghost_Davo - Jul 14

39 by did4375 »»
Jul 26, 6:31 AM

» What displeased you so much? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jul 6

52 by Joichi_joestar »»
Jul 24, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.