Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (34) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2013 4:07 AM

Jul 2013
Hokuto_no_Fuzz said:
I would'v liked more content and things explained faster. Wouldv liked to see more Unique Titans like the armored or Giant titan. Thought they spent way too much time with Eren vs Annie. wouldv rather them have more fights with different Titans. But o well, it is what it is i suppose. I didnt read the Manga and dont plan on it. Im hoping for a s2 eventually and they dont leave us with a Claymore type ending. But as for the action scenes...they were amazing. def gotta give the animators props for those scenes.

I give it 9/10

Read the manga. Start with chapter 33. Art style might turn some people off, but the new arc is worth even more than the anime! It's gonna tick all your needs man!

And you don't need to wait 2-3 years for second season! Chapter 33, now!

Mod Edit
Taken out unnecessary provocation. Please be more responsible in a discussion.
ThangLongOct 1, 2013 12:14 PM
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 1, 2013 4:15 AM
Apr 2011
Narukami07 said:
ravagestorm said:
Now you guys know how I felt when Madhouse ruined the ending of Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail.

Was the shitstorm as huge as here?

Not really but because of the changes in the OVA a character may not appear in the anime again. But in the manga it is very much likely that the said character will appear in the manga again.
Oct 1, 2013 4:17 AM

Dec 2008
damn kick you when your down cliffhangers....7.5/10 at best
Oct 1, 2013 4:22 AM

Jul 2013
Do we need to explain ourselves to you guys?! WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ADAPTION FAITHFULNESS AT ALL!!! WE ARE MORE CONCERNED WITH THE BIGGER PICTURE, NAMELY PLOT IMPLICATIONS!

Fuck fire Eren, that means nothing to me. Leave the first half of the episode alone. The big issue is the Wall Reveal! You guys don't realise that everything's going to wind up so fucking contrived! Can you just understand that?

dxia said:
This was the potential of the episode. At least understand why we aren't so happy with the final episode.

Anyway, go to chapter 33 if you're interested in the manga.
HalfMetalPriestOct 1, 2013 4:45 AM
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 1, 2013 4:48 AM

Jan 2010
HalfMetalJacket said:
Do we need to explain ourselves to you guys?! WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ADAPTION FAITHFULNESS AT ALL!!! WE ARE MORE CONCERNED WITH THE BIGGER PICTURE, NAMELY PLOT IMPLICATIONS!

Fuck fire Eren, that means nothing to me. Leave the first half of the episode alone. The big issue is the Wall Reveal! You guys don't realise that everything's going to wind up so fucking contrived! Can you just understand that?

dxia said:
This was the potential of the episode. At least understand why we aren't so happy with the final episode.

Anyway, go to chapter 33 if you're interested in the manga.

I've decided to read chapter 33-34....annnnndd....
damn I totally agreed with what dxia said... it would be really awesome that way!!
why oh why...
Oct 1, 2013 4:52 AM

Jul 2013
Shicchi said:

damn I totally agreed with what dxia said... it would be really awesome that way!!
why oh why...

Pretty much.

I think you anime only guys are actually getting the wrong message from less. I'll admit, first half of the episode was fun to watch. Didn't think it was that bad at all. But when you see the potential, one could realise how much better it could have been...
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 1, 2013 5:04 AM
Feb 2011
yungstud said:
I don't really understand Erwin's motives for allowing the fight to take place near innocent people?
Remember he's a "the end justifies the means" kind of guy. He's willing to sacrifice anything or anyone as long as he has a chance of achieving a goal.
Oct 1, 2013 5:22 AM

Apr 2011
So SnK anime comes to end.

The last episode changed some things from the manga, which I would prefer to stay the same.
Like the Armin and Eren friendship moments (instead they decided that Eren x Mikasa hints were more important, which was pretty stupid for me. I wouldn't mind if they added them along with the Armin - Eren but not remove them).
As much as I love Levi, wtf he was doing there using his 3DMG? He can't walk properly let alone use the 3DMG.
The titan in the wall... Nope, I didn't like how they handle this. I still prefer the manga version.

As for the rest of episode, it was good. I don't mind the Titan Eren in flames nor the Erwin - Nile plot. Animation had some little problems in some parts but it was mostly good. OST god tier as always.

The anime overall was great. I have almost to nothing to complain about (my only complains are in this episode - as far as I can remember though lol).
Animation, OST, voice acting, the added scenes etc were awesome. As a manga reader, I am very pleased with this adaption and I don't think I could ask for something more.

9/10
Oct 1, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2010
Sooooooooooo I marathoned ep 22-25

My PERSONAL OPINION about this anime.........

-Best episode: 21 & 22 (Levi's so damn awesome here!)
-Saddest and the most deppressing episode: 22
-Best fem chara: Mikasa
-Best male chara: Levi
-Best chara quotes: "I don't know the right answer. I never have. Even if I believed in myself and the decisions of the comrades who've earned my trust, the result is always a complete mystery. That's why, you should just do your best to make a decision you believe you won't regret" -Levi
-Funniest chara quotes: "Sasha just ripped a giant fart, Sir" -Mikasa
-Most memorable scene: Episode 5, when Eren saved Armin and eaten by titan. And Episode 21, when Eren remembered Levi's word and turned around just to see Levi's squad being killed brutally by the fem titan.
-Best OP: Jiyuu no Tsubasa
-Best ED: Great Escape
-Best OST: Vogel im Kafig & Bauklotze
-Fav pairings: EreMika and Rivetra (and many others~)
-Fav characters:
1. Levi and Eren (can't choose between them, I love them both equally)
2. Mikasa
3. Annie
4. Jean
Special: Petra
-Overall score: ∞/10 The best anime I've ever watched, anime that give me so many emotions, thrill, sad, anger. The only anime that the music and ost give me goosebumps and eargasm. The only anime capable making me shed tons of tears ( I cried a lot when watching anime, but never THIS MUCH), and heart beating fast from thrill throughout an entire episodes. The only anime that capable of throwing many cliffhanger and suspense, that made me me fail multiple times at attempting to marathon it (wait for 4 episodes is my limit in this anime, I usually wait until an anime finished before marathoned it) and tons of surprise.

and the ending just killed me, mysteries are all over the place and I refuse to read the manga, because there is still hope for a sequel, so I'll wait for it instead.....

Oh and here, found it on facebook.....

Mikasa's lines in Shingeki no Kyojin #25 (chronologically)

- "What choice do we have? The world is a cruel place." (0:01)
- "Eren" (1:01)
- "Eren" (6:44)
- "Eren!" (10:48)
- "Eren!" (10:53)
- "I won't let that happen!" (12:06)
- "Annie... fall." (12:23)
- "Eren!" (13:23)
- "Eren!" (14:11)
- "Eren" (15:12)
- "Eren" (17:59)
- "Are you feeling okay?" (18:10)
- "Yeah" (18:24)
- "Eren" (19:42)
- "I'm glad you came back." (20:00)
- "Eat" (20:47)

lol
CrimsonMidnightOct 1, 2013 5:45 AM
Oct 1, 2013 5:48 AM

Jul 2013
Shicchi said:

-Best chara quotes: "I don't know the right answer. I never have. Even if I believed in myself and the decisions of the comrades who've earned my trust, the result is always a complete mystery. That's why, you should just do your best to make a decision you believe you won't regret" -Levi
-Most memorable scene: Episode 5, when Eren saved Armin and eaten by titan. And Episode 21, when Eren remembered Levi's word and turned around just to see Levi's squad being killed brutally by the fem titan.
-Fav characters:
2. Mikasa
3. Annie
4. Jean
-Overall score: ∞/10 The best anime I've ever watched, anime that give me so many emotions, thrill, sad, anger. The only anime that the music and ost give me goosebumps and eargasm. The only anime capable making me shed tons of tears ( I cried a lot when watching anime, but never THIS MUCH), and heart beating fast from thrill throughout an entire episodes. The only anime that capable of throwing many cliffhanger and suspense, that made me me fail multiple times at attempting to marathon it (wait for 4 episodes is my limit in this anime, I usually wait until an anime finished before marathoned it) and tons of surprise.

and the ending just killed me, mysteries are all over the place and I refuse to read the manga, because there is still hope for a sequel, so I'll wait for it instead.....

Yeah, wait two years eh? Go read the manga. You've already started! Keep going man, you can't stop yourself from getting spoiled. It will happen. Maybe it already did lol. I have no regrets about reading the manga, it had me look even more forward to the next season (which is likely to happen, though no word on it yet). You use infinity too liberally, save that for something else. Maybe season 2? Just read the manga damn it.

You won't regret it.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 1, 2013 6:30 AM
Sep 2013
Kurisu666 said:
I was disappointed (at the series as a whole). A great story with nice music & visuals, ruined by awful pacing and plain boring dialogue/inner monologues. Would've been an awesome one-cour series.

Still it was worth watching and not a waste of time, so I'd say it's "average/10" for me.

If you hate the anime's pacing, then you'll hate the manga's even more.. one chapter per-month...
Oct 1, 2013 6:59 AM
Sep 2013
Sasafune said:
yungstud said:
I don't really understand Erwin's motives for allowing the fight to take place near innocent people?
Remember he's a "the end justifies the means" kind of guy. He's willing to sacrifice anything or anyone as long as he has a chance of achieving a goal.

That's why I think he's a monster.. A monster whose actions are justified because it's for a good reason.. Am I the only person here that sees Armin's growth into a "second Erwin" kinda sad?

And Jean's statement was like some kind of a revelation to me.. to replace a world of monsters with another kind of monsters(humans)? I can actually see Jean as an anti-Armin.. with the way he questioned Armin's belief.. And from what I've seen, Jean is an honest guy.. He isn't afraid to talk up to his superiors.. either to show off or to get a point across.. shown when he said his reasons to join the military to Shadis, even though he knew he'll get a beating for it.. so I can actually see him bringing this matter to his superiors.. either Erwin or Levi..
Oct 1, 2013 7:08 AM

Jan 2010
HalfMetalJacket said:

Yeah, wait two years eh? Go read the manga. You've already started! Keep going man, you can't stop yourself from getting spoiled. It will happen. Maybe it already did lol. I have no regrets about reading the manga, it had me look even more forward to the next season (which is likely to happen, though no word on it yet). You use infinity too liberally, save that for something else. Maybe season 2? Just read the manga damn it.

You won't regret it.

yeah, I heard the anime changed lots of things especially in ep 25, so I read chapter 33-34, and I'm really really surprised, I feel like getting spoiled...they changed so much about the titan in the wall...

2 years yeah... I'm not sure if I can wait that long...lol
but I just have to busy myself with life and watch other anime and forget snk...but I really doubt I can...so, I don't know.....
I want to read the manga, but somehow I know I would regret it later.... if the time come for the 2nd season (if it will come at all) I won't feel the surprise and thrill because if I read the manga beforehand I would already know whats going to happen....

the infinite, lol, I just really obsessed with this anime atm 8D
Oct 1, 2013 7:18 AM
Sep 2013
Madin312 said:
Sasafune said:
yungstud said:

That's why I think he's a monster.. A monster whose actions are justified because it's for a good reason.. Am I the only person here that sees Armin's growth into a "second Erwin" kinda sad?

And Jean's statement was like some kind of a revelation to me.. to replace a world of monsters with another kind of monsters(humans)? I can actually see Jean as an anti-Armin.. with the way he questioned Armin's belief.. And from what I've seen, Jean is an honest guy.. He isn't afraid to talk up to his superiors.. either to show off or to get a point across.. shown when he said his reasons to join the military to Shadis, even though he knew he'll get a beating for it.. so I can actually see him bringing this matter to his superiors.. either Erwin or Levi..

I wouldn't say that Erwin is a monster. He does care for his men deeply. It's just that when and if the time comes, he will look his closest friend in the eye and order him to die without hesitation.

He is largely selfless in this regard. If he thinks that his own risk or sacrifice is necessary for an objective, he would give up his own life with just as little hesitation.

If you've read the latest chapter of the manga,

Rather than a monster, he's the type of guy who can become a machine on demand. While Armin understands the necessity of someone like that, and tries to emulate Erwin when necessary, he doesn't have the mettle of his role model just yet. In my opinion he's still pretty far off, as far off as Mikasa and Eren are from Levi in terms of skill and self-control in battle.

If you read the manga, it doesn't stress Erwin's ends-before-means mindset nearly as much in Stohess. I think he actually tries to limit casualties, whereas in the anime a good part of the city is wrecked and Erwin basically says "I'll do whatever it takes." Another character flaw in the anime.

Personally, I'm an Erwin fan. Out of all the characters, I probably respect the Levi-Erwin duo the most.
Oct 1, 2013 7:30 AM

Mar 2013
Wow. Dear certain manga readers,

I've collectively hated you guys ever since some of you decided to flaunt your knowledge of Attack on Titan to spoil anime-only watchers. Thank you for that, and thank you for this rage going on about the last episode. Why do we have to judge an anime based on adaptation? Why can't we judge anime based on...well, nothing except the anime itself? From an anime-only watcher's point of view, I found absolutely no problems with the last episode of Attack on Titan. Instead of giving us a "haha yoloswag cliffhanger" to kill anime-only watchers who plan on waiting it out until season 2, the production team delivered an ending that gives us a partial sense of conclusion, with some hint at new intrigue. Is that wrong? Why are you guys so hell-bent on judging that the second season is ruined because of this conclusion, not even giving the studio a chance to show how they will smooth over these adaptation differences? Why so much hate? You self-entitled brats are the reason why we can't have nice things.

-Sincerely,
A concerned anime fan. Yes, I address myself as an anime fan. I watch anime. I love anime. I don't read mangas. Problem?
ZeroHumorOct 1, 2013 7:33 AM
Oct 1, 2013 7:41 AM
Sep 2013
dxia said:
Madin312 said:
Sasafune said:
yungstud said:

I wouldn't say that Erwin is a monster. He does care for his men deeply. It's just that when and if the time comes, he will look his closest friend in the eye and order him to die without hesitation.

He is largely selfless in this regard. If he thinks that his own risk or sacrifice is necessary for an objective, he would give up his own life with just as little hesitation.

If you've read the latest chapter of the manga,

Rather than a monster, he's the type of guy who can become a machine on demand. While Armin understands the necessity of someone like that, and tries to emulate Erwin when necessary, he doesn't have the mettle of his role model just yet. In my opinion he's still pretty far off, as far off as Mikasa and Eren are from Levi in terms of skill and self-control in battle.

If you read the manga, it doesn't stress Erwin's ends-before-means mindset nearly as much in Stohess. I think he actually tries to limit casualties, whereas in the anime a good part of the city is wrecked and Erwin basically says "I'll do whatever it takes." Another character flaw in the anime.

Personally, I'm an Erwin fan. Out of all the characters, I probably respect the Levi-Erwin duo the most.

Yes, he cares for his men deeply.. But in the eyes of those that doesn't understand, he's a heartless monster. Armin's slowly developing into similar like Erwin.. shown in the latest chapter.. The manga doesn't really give Jean a lot of screen time. Which I think is what the anime did right.. giving Jean more screentime.. even just for the sake of giving a piece of his mind.. really shows how grey the world of SnK is...
Oct 1, 2013 7:48 AM

Jan 2008
Sadly this ends till here for now. 2 years eh? Well, I'll sure be missing this particularly the kickass action scenes. Overall this show is visually stunning with awesome BGM and SFX. I would have rated it 10 but since it ain't finished yet, it's 9/10.
Oct 1, 2013 9:48 AM

Dec 2012
HalfMetalJacket said:

You won't regret it.

Yeah, go read the manga then be fed even more questions on top of the questions we already have but also without any answers

Even though I know I couldn't last 2+ years without knowing what happens from the end of the anime, I'm still pretty pissed I read the Manga, just because it introduces so many secrets yet releases slower than the Anime does
Oct 1, 2013 9:50 AM

Dec 2012
Just a reminder to everyone that consistent pushing for people to read the manga in every couple posts is redundant and is derailing this discussion.
Oct 1, 2013 10:00 AM

Oct 2011
Could the reason why Annie did what she did has to do with the Titan inside the walls?
Oct 1, 2013 10:25 AM
Jul 2013
Shicchi said:

-Fav characters:
2. Mikasa
3. Annie
4. Jean

lol

Wow!!! You said everything I wanted to say!
Thank you for posting this, sir.
Noooooooooooooo!! SNK is over!!!
Oct 1, 2013 10:30 AM

Sep 2011
i know she pretty much is past redemption but i just felt bad for annie, only because man eren fucked her up, like he actually mutilated her

Welp 1 of 3 titans down, cant wait until a year or two from now to see where this goes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 1, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
Could the reason why Annie did what she did has to do with the Titan inside the walls?

I don't think she was killing people because she enjoyed it, wether it had something to do with the Titan or not is something we won't know until the next season, ahhhhhh too much mysteries need to be solved and its killing me.
Oct 1, 2013 10:41 AM
Jul 2013
ZeroHumor said:
Wow. Dear certain manga readers,

I've collectively hated you guys ever since some of you decided to flaunt your knowledge of Attack on Titan to spoil anime-only watchers. Thank you for that, and thank you for this rage going on about the last episode. Why do we have to judge an anime based on adaptation? Why can't we judge anime based on...well, nothing except the anime itself? From an anime-only watcher's point of view, I found absolutely no problems with the last episode of Attack on Titan. Instead of giving us a "haha yoloswag cliffhanger" to kill anime-only watchers who plan on waiting it out until season 2, the production team delivered an ending that gives us a partial sense of conclusion, with some hint at new intrigue. Is that wrong? Why are you guys so hell-bent on judging that the second season is ruined because of this conclusion, not even giving the studio a chance to show how they will smooth over these adaptation differences? Why so much hate? You self-entitled brats are the reason why we can't have nice things.

-Sincerely,
A concerned anime fan. Yes, I address myself as an anime fan. I watch anime. I love anime. I don't read mangas. Problem?

No, sir, I myself wish I hadn't read the manga, but I've been spoiled by an idiot weeks ago, so I had no other choice. Don't read the manga, the anime is better, well, except for these last 2 eps, but the rest is great.
Wait for the second season, and please avoid all discussion threads, spoilers are everywhere.
Noooooooooooooo!! SNK is over!!!
Oct 1, 2013 10:46 AM
Jul 2012
aria93 said:
As much as I love Levi, wtf he was doing there using his 3DMG? He can't walk properly let alone use the 3DMG.
This is where I started to consider the possibility of Levi might be a titan. Levi's a titan? Pretty fucking stupid considering Levi hate dem titans and how he's been killing all of them without mercy... Oh wait... That sounds quite similar somehow... lol nevermind.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Oct 1, 2013 12:38 PM
Sep 2013
i was absolutely wetting myself as erin an annie fought and whee smashing up and through the buildings, best moment for me was when you see the religion of the wasll's little ceromony an next minute annies foot flatterns the group <3 i feel like me an my bf should dress up as annie an erin and fight in a miniture town XD

little dissapointed tbh, there was no cliff hanger although im left with the thoguht that their will be a HELL of a lot more series and eps to come, their being that untied knots at the end, plus this distant thoguht that they will EVENTUALLY get to erins baasement and use whatevers in it to destroy the titans or something like that.and i was waiting the whole episode for one of the other human/titans to step in to help annie (i havent read the manga but have a good idea of who the armored titan and big big* are)

hopefully with the success of this series, w will see season 2 soon enough, for now ill have to find someting to fill my gaping hole of bordem that is sunday evening D'''=

*meaning of colossal - big
meaning of titan - big
''LOOK!! ITS BIG BIG!!'' XD
Oct 1, 2013 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
As for last ep. of 1st season i expected a little more(also i expected it to be more like it was in manga. ;-; )
Well, i hope for a 2 season based totally on manga!
Oct 1, 2013 1:46 PM
Jul 2012
Shicchi said:

lol
Holy cruel this world is Eren. Jizz... taku(no weeaboo) Mikasa really...
Eren this Eren that... Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,
What a major turn off... I can't fap to this :(
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Oct 1, 2013 2:50 PM

Aug 2012
FailAtLife said:
Shicchi said:

lol

I wonder how many times Mikasa has said "Eren" in this season
Oct 1, 2013 2:56 PM
Sep 2013
sim0n2170 said:
FailAtLife said:
Shicchi said:

lol

I wonder how many times Mikasa has said "Eren" in this season

Mikasa: "The world is so cruel without Eren's D, but at least I have this beautiful scarf"

There should be a joke OVA where Eren tells Mikasa he's gay (for Heichou?). Jean overhears (maybe Levi too). Hilarity ensues. Shingeki no Romantic Comedy

Let's be real. If some enterprising and motivated soul created a high-quality Mikasa hentai, so many guys would fap to it.
dxiaOct 1, 2013 2:59 PM
Oct 1, 2013 5:41 PM
Sep 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
Shicchi said:

why oh why...

Pretty much.

I think you anime only guys are actually getting the wrong message from less. I'll admit, first half of the episode was fun to watch. Didn't think it was that bad at all. But when you see the potential, one could realise how much better it could have been...

Yup.
Oct 1, 2013 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
Narukami07 said:
HalfMetalJacket said:
Shicchi said:

why oh why...

Pretty much.

Yup.

Truth to be told, the anime-only viewers not only are left with wrong impressions by being spoon-fed with nonsense, but they don't even know what they have seen for real. And it makes even less sense, exactly because the anime diverted from the manga, to which it stayed faithful along with the fillers up to the 25-th episode.

In terms of production, the studio and/or Isayama (it doesn't really matter, sorry), tried to recap, fill-in, and please everyone with everything SnK is popular for. But, you see, when you are about to cross the street and there's a nice pedestrian walk, and the light is green and the signal is on, you don't wait for the red one, put dumbbells on your legs and jump over hurdles in order to pass.

I am through with all the bickering, albeit left with two personal concerns - first, there could be no season two; second, Isayama is a meticulous writer - I'd better wait for the monthly releases, or BSM gives him space to publish all his ideas in 100 instead of 50 pages, such that the story won't suffer the way this episode did.
Oct 1, 2013 6:11 PM
Sep 2013
zellami said:
I am through with all the bickering, albeit left with two personal concerns - first, there could be no season two

I strongly believe there will be a season 2, the series is quite popular and there's strong demand for it. It can happen.
Oct 1, 2013 6:20 PM

Sep 2010
So many whiny Trolls in this Community.. unbearable
Oct 1, 2013 6:25 PM

Sep 2010
LeElPsy89 said:
Avarage anime, final episode gets 5/10, complete anime gets 6/10. thanks for nothing WIT. :>

You rated half of the Animes you watched with a 10.. obvious Troll is obvious
Oct 1, 2013 6:43 PM
Oct 2013
ZiGGuRaT said:
The ending was bullshit I wanted Eren and Mikasa to have an incestious moment. (Even though they aren't blood.) It was pretty obvious she had feelings for him besides the point that their parents told Mikasa to protect Eren.

TBH the series had SOOOOOOOOOOOO much plot holes. Call me stupid, but what happend to the Colossal Titan or w.e at the beg. of the series? Why did the 'Female Titan' attack people besides the point of her father? What was in Eren's/Mikasa's basement? This series was FAR from perfect, but 10/10 personal. And 7.5/10 overall.

#Opinions.

I think Annie was trying to create peace in her own way because of of her father telling her to in her flashbacks of her memories. Even if everyone hates her for that. That's why she never tried to kill Eren and instead capture him. Eren is the key behind peace. Of course us viewers don't know why he is, for now...
MisakaAckermanOct 1, 2013 6:52 PM
Oct 1, 2013 7:00 PM
Sep 2013
Honestly it was a pretty disappointing episode. They didn't finish up the season very well, pushing back plot points instead filling with a stupid Flaming Eren battle (btw, what was the song that plays during that fight? Sounded like an instrumental version of Call Your Name) which made it possibly my least favorite episode of the entire show. Wish it went back to the fantastic Trost arc quality.
Oct 1, 2013 7:15 PM

Jun 2007
Shicchi said:

lol

Mikasa saying Eren SO MANY TIMES over the course of the series was almost as bad as the rooftop chatter sessions. Another one of those pacing woes. And this is why it annoyed me that the anime skipped over Mikasa's thoughts about making amends for getting Levi injured protecting her. WHY YOU DUMB DOWN MY WAIFU!?

...at least Yuno from Mirai Nikki was a straight-up Yandere that said "Yuuki~!" 100's of times in a psychotically hot kinda way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK4an5sJCcQ
Oct 1, 2013 7:17 PM

Sep 2013
Isayama should definitely consider that berserk fire mode eren titan form for the anime as eren new ability.
Oct 1, 2013 7:19 PM

Nov 2012
Asura96 said:
Isayama should definitely consider that berserk fire mode eren titan form for the anime as eren new ability.

Well...it might not be an ability because that just makes him regenerate fuckin at the speed of light
Idk, that could be an ability, but manga readers would be pissed
Oct 1, 2013 7:20 PM
Sep 2013
Rainbow_Smash said:
Honestly it was a pretty disappointing episode. They didn't finish up the season very well, pushing back plot points instead filling with a stupid Flaming Eren battle (btw, what was the song that plays during that fight? Sounded like an instrumental version of Call Your Name) which made it possibly my least favorite episode of the entire show. Wish it went back to the fantastic Trost arc quality.

You mean where the second half of it literally spent four episodes of trying to pick up a boulder?
Oct 1, 2013 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
Asura96 said:

Please, no. Hardening and steam I can deal with it, but fire powers?
Oct 1, 2013 7:31 PM

Jun 2007
I'm assuming he's referring to the part of Trost where Eren got eaten, Mikasa got stabby, etc. No-one would refer to the boulder section as the series' highlight. No-one. Dunno why you'd even question it.

Asura96 said:

I forgot to mention this: people on YT (and maybe here; idk) were all, 'EREN SHUD HAV FIRE POWA CUZ ANNIE HAZ ICE!!1!' - it ain't ice, yo. Hint: go watch Greed fight Ed in FMA. Eren needed transmutation to take Annie down solo; not fireballs.
Oct 1, 2013 8:12 PM

Apr 2012
It was very good anime. I will start reading the manga ^^
Oct 1, 2013 8:14 PM

May 2008
Just a thing to consider: We haven't seen Eren transform into a titan in the manga in quite a while (in fact, we haven't seen it since chapter 44 which was released by the time the reveal happened in the anime), so I'm wondering if Isayama is behind it. Considering how chapter 49 ended and how Isayama has been behind a bunch of changes in the anime, I can see that "boiling titan" power coming into play and being explained.
I still believe it has to do with the natural temperature of titans and Eren pushing himself to the absolute limit in titan form. And the way the armored titan was basically breathing out fire after taking down the gate from Shiganshina to Wall Maria just helps me think it fits perfectly.
Oct 1, 2013 9:50 PM
Jul 2013
For the manga readers, are there going to be ANY answers in the chapters past the chapters covered by the anime? This show is great and all, but as an anime-only guy it's really frustrating when all these mysteries are just shoved at the watcher without any explanation whatsoever.

First, there's some ultimate secret in the basement (where the heck was Eren's dad during the entire season), then Eren can suddenly turn into a Titan (does having skin make him more human or something?), then it turns out Annie's a Titan also, which would be great except for the fact that she tries to murder the entire Survey Corps (then she starts crying like she regretted it?! (AGH PETRA WHY)), then Eren sets himself on fire (is that his special ability like Annie's crystal hardening thing?), then Annie goes and seals herself away. And as if those weren't enough mysteries unexplained, we see a Titan INSIDE Wall Sina in the last SECONDS of the season.

HUH. WHAT. WHY. I understand that the anime can only follow the chapters in the manga, but I still want to know whether there are any answers in the manga (probably going to read the manga anyways because my inner fanboy wants to know whether mikasaxeren happens).
Oct 1, 2013 9:53 PM
Sep 2013
RugterWyper32 said:
Just a thing to consider: We haven't seen Eren transform into a titan in the manga in quite a while (in fact, we haven't seen it since chapter 44 which was released by the time the reveal happened in the anime), so I'm wondering if Isayama is behind it. Considering how chapter 49 ended and how Isayama has been behind a bunch of changes in the anime, I can see that "boiling titan" power coming into play and being explained.
I still believe it has to do with the natural temperature of titans and Eren pushing himself to the absolute limit in titan form. And the way the armored titan was basically breathing out fire after taking down the gate from Shiganshina to Wall Maria just helps me think it fits perfectly.

^^
This...
it looks like steam from afar. but looking closely again, the steam the AT breathed out was colored yellow..
And people should remember, that even though Eren should have more control of his titan in the fight against Annie, Eren's source of power has always been his anger.. his frustration of dying, seeing the titan that ate Thomas, seeing Levi's squad getting killed one by one..
But it's still disappointing not to see him grow a bit out of that anger in episode 25.. We'll just have to put our trust in WIT and Isayama for now..

Beerai said:
For the manga readers, are there going to be ANY answers in the chapters past the chapters covered by the anime? This show is great and all, but as an anime-only guy it's really frustrating when all these mysteries are just shoved at the watcher without any explanation whatsoever.
-snip-

The manga doesn't even answer any questions.. instead giving us more..

Mod Edit
Posts merged. Changed some syntax to not reveal spoilers and make the post cleaner. Please do not double post.
ThangLongOct 2, 2013 10:09 AM
Oct 1, 2013 9:59 PM
Jul 2013
Beerai said:

First, there's some ultimate secret in the basement (where the heck was Eren's dad during the entire season), then Eren can suddenly turn into a Titan (does having skin make him more human or something?), then it turns out Annie's a Titan also, which would be great except for the fact that she tries to murder the entire Survey Corps (then she starts crying like she regretted it?! (AGH PETRA WHY)), then Eren sets himself on fire (is that his special ability like Annie's crystal hardening thing?), then Annie goes and seals herself away. And as if those weren't enough mysteries unexplained, we see a Titan INSIDE Wall Sina in the last SECONDS of the season.

HUH. WHAT. WHY. I understand that the anime can only follow the chapters in the manga, but I still want to know whether there are any answers in the manga (probably going to read the manga anyways because my inner fanboy wants to know whether mikasaxeren happens).

Umm.. any answers? Sadly, no.

We are far from getting into the basement, far from knowing Annie's motives, and there are even more mysteries thrown at our faces.

If you still insist, by all means read the manga.
Oct 1, 2013 10:00 PM

Jul 2013
Shicchi said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

You won't regret it.

yeah, I heard the anime changed lots of things especially in ep 25, so I read chapter 33-34, and I'm really really surprised, I feel like getting spoiled...they changed so much about the titan in the wall...

2 years yeah... I'm not sure if I can wait that long...lol
but I just have to busy myself with life and watch other anime and forget snk...but I really doubt I can...so, I don't know.....
I want to read the manga, but somehow I know I would regret it later.... if the time come for the 2nd season (if it will come at all) I won't feel the surprise and thrill because if I read the manga beforehand I would already know whats going to happen....

the infinite, lol, I just really obsessed with this anime atm 8D

Well, it could be just me, but despite knowing everything that will occur in the anime, I was thrilled never the less. Heck, the OST made the thrills stronger than the manga itself. The only regret you will have is waiting a month for answers to even more questions IMO. Still, you've seen it already, so just go ahead and read it now. At least Isayama knows where he is going with the story, so there will be a conclusion.

I'm going to stop complaining now, my disappointment declined somewhat. All you anime fans saw what you saw, and I can't change that. Give it a 10/10 all you want. It cheapens everything IMO, but who's going to stop you?

I can only pray that the studio smoothly adapts to season 2. Heck, I can only hope for a season 2.

I still can't help but think they could have implemented a better OST to go with the reveal though. It feels absolutely weak, regardless of comparisons. That is still a problem of the episode. Otherwise, the first half was solid.

I'm still sticking to an 8.5/10 for this series. Was a blast.

Oh and to reply to various posts...

Beerai said:
-snip-

You get some answers... and then more questions! No where near the basement, but instead more problems. It's coming together though.

Madin312 said:
RugterWyper32 said:

-snip-

^^
This...
it looks like steam from afar. but looking closely again, the steam the AT breathed out was colored yellow..
-snip-

When I said Promeatheus mode Eren, that was just a joke. I do not want to see any of that. It should remain as a visual effect of Eren over doing the regeneration.

Eren is already super strong as he is, he just needs to learn how to put it to good use...

EDIT: Dammit, a double post.

Mod Edit
Double post indeed, and some spoilers as well. Long quotes restructured. Make sure to structure your quotes a bit so they're not too long to distract people's eyes.
ThangLongOct 2, 2013 10:25 AM
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 1, 2013 10:28 PM

Aug 2013
does anyone notice that Eren & Annie are facing backward inside their Titan napes...??
Pages (34) « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1555 by flimmyjimmy »»
May 19, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.