Forum Settings
Forums

New 'Dragon Ball Kai' TV Anime Announced to Air April 6

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 17, 2014 11:21 PM

Nov 2012
Psajdak said:
You guys are almost acting like you can't watch Buu saga right now.
But it's without filler!
Feb 17, 2014 11:30 PM

Aug 2011
I actually really like the Majin Buu arc. I'll maybe watch this!
Feb 18, 2014 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
Awesome!

My Candies:

Feb 18, 2014 3:16 AM
Sep 2007
Nope_ said:
Psajdak said:
But it's without filler!
Ummm, skip it?
Feb 18, 2014 4:50 AM

Jun 2012
LOL @ "The real Dragon Ball Z"

Like the version that's more faithful to the manga with the better script/voice acting/pacing is somehow inferior. Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

Really looking forward to this, April's gonna be a good month
Feb 18, 2014 4:54 AM

Jan 2014
They'll probably cut all the really funny stuff with Buu and Mr. Satan though like how they cut out the best episode of the series(the Driving one). Also I didn't even like what they did with the dub for the first run of Kai. Replacing Frieza and Gohan was a REALLY bad move. So I'm worried what Funi is going to do this time.

Also the Super Saiyan 3 transformation and Super Spirit Bomb finish without Bruce Faulconer's SSJ3 theme is going to be lame. The music they used in the first Super Saiyan transformation for Kai was very underwhelming. I'm probably going to watch this if it airs on TV over here though just because. I never watched Dragon Ball Z on TV when I was a kid so this is good enough.
FluxasionFeb 18, 2014 4:59 AM
Feb 18, 2014 6:00 AM

Jun 2012
.....Chris Ayres is an infinitely superior Frieza compared to Linda Young, I'm surprised people can even be upset at the change, tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7fASqHz_eE
OldBayFanFeb 18, 2014 6:11 AM
Feb 18, 2014 7:19 AM

Dec 2007
Psajdak said:
Nope_ said:
Psajdak said:
But it's without filler!
Ummm, skip it?

Doesn't work that way. Z filler isn't like most shonen filler where they create an entire arc that didn't happen--Z filler involves extending existing scenes with lots of stills and power-up scenes. It all happened in the manga, but much faster. Basically the only way to "watch it without filler" is to press fast forward.

*obvious joke incoming*
Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Feb 18, 2014 7:23 AM

Sep 2011
I want to see this saga would be at HD :D
Feb 18, 2014 8:12 AM

Jun 2012
Yatta, finally...
Feb 18, 2014 9:16 AM

Nov 2008
this is truly a money making
Feb 18, 2014 10:25 AM

Apr 2011
Psajdak said:

in HD
Feb 18, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2011
Look at you guys, going on a nostalgia trip. I, for one, am excited for this. I just hope they'll remaster the original Dragon Ball series in HD, without fillers, as well. And hopefully, in some years, we'll get a RuroKen HD remake/remaster as well (I know the license is not owned by Toei).
Feb 18, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2010
Buu Saga without filler? That sounds amazing, if only the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack was being used for this, seriously, the only part of Kai's soundtrack I liked was the Ginyu Force theme and A Chilling Elegy.
Feb 18, 2014 4:19 PM

Sep 2011
There's no point if they aren't going to use new animation.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Feb 18, 2014 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
GodlyKyon said:

I don't know, people that liked the pacing of the manga and a potential re-worked dub of the Buu saga sounds good. Not many anime get a chance to rework their bad pacing.
The one thing that I'd love to see is a lesbian yandere.
Feb 18, 2014 8:49 PM

Jan 2013
Meh. That ship sailed long ago for me. I don't really care anymore at this point.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Feb 19, 2014 7:26 AM

May 2013
Finally the Buu Saga. Super Saiyan 3, I'm waiting.
Feb 19, 2014 11:12 PM

Aug 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Kai naturally has newly animated scenes mixed with the old animation but I get what you mean. If Kai had the same artstyle as the Yo Son Goku and his friends return OVA it would be perfection to me.
Feb 20, 2014 3:45 AM

Dec 2009
I would love to watch it...

Feb 20, 2014 2:44 PM

Sep 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
GodlyKyon said:
Kai naturally has newly animated scenes mixed with the old animation but I get what you mean. If Kai had the same artstyle as the Yo Son Goku and his friends return OVA it would be perfection to me.

The series isn't made with the same quality as the op

Might as well as be called the director's cut.
Feb 20, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2012
GodlyKyon said:
DrGeroCreation said:
GodlyKyon said:

To be fair the script has also been vastly improved and is more accurate to the manga. At least in the English version
Feb 20, 2014 7:15 PM

Mar 2008
I might care once FUNimation's English Dub is finally available for Buu Saga of DBZ Kai.

Until then though, I'm in no hurry, since I've already read the manga to completion, and also watched the original DBZ anime completely as well (all 291 eps).

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Feb 20, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
Kaimon237 said:
.....Chris Ayres is an infinitely superior Frieza compared to Linda Young, I'm surprised people can even be upset at the change, tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7fASqHz_eE
I agree kindheartedly with this guy.
Feb 21, 2014 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
GodlyKyon said:
DrGeroCreation said:
GodlyKyon said:

It is the director's cut and is specifically referred to as such by Funimation http://youtu.be/lYsF_5G9KL8 . Neither Toei or Funimation has ever referred to Kai as a remake people just jump to that conclusion because of the opening.
Feb 21, 2014 12:47 PM

Jun 2009
ToG25thBaam said:
link9us said:
I agree, the real DBZ series always remains the superior version. So much great comedy, and awesome arcs they cut out. Still not used to the difference in voice acting and music either.

Bruce Faulconer!

Fucking sucks.
Feb 21, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2011
Kaimon237 said:
GodlyKyon said:
DrGeroCreation said:
GodlyKyon said:

To be fair the script has also been vastly improved and is more accurate to the manga. At least in the English version

Sadly, that means that the OVER 9000 scene was replaced with "over 8000" as that's how it was in the manga.

Feb 21, 2014 5:00 PM

Aug 2013
SlushyCoffee said:
Quick question. Do I need to watch Dragonball z Kai to understand the new series? I only watched Dragonball and Dragonball Z.
This isn't a new series, it is just the Kai version of DBZ's Buu saga.
Feb 21, 2014 5:05 PM

Aug 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
SlushyCoffee said:
Quick question. Do I need to watch Dragonball z Kai to understand the new series? I only watched Dragonball and Dragonball Z.

OMG I'm such a retard. I misread everything. I watched all the Kai episodes and then I realized their isn't a buu saga. I got mixed up with GT. I haven't touched GT.

Feel free to chat anything Anime related or non Anime related conversations! :)
Feb 21, 2014 5:06 PM

Nov 2012
Kaimon237 said:
GodlyKyon said:
DrGeroCreation said:
GodlyKyon said:

You mean they just removed all of the filler.
Feb 21, 2014 5:12 PM

Aug 2013
SlushyCoffee said:
DrGeroCreation said:
SlushyCoffee said:

OMG I'm such a retard. I misread everything. I watched all the Kai episodes and then I realized their isn't a buu saga. I got mixed up with GT. I haven't touched GT.
GT is a sequel so you would have to watch Z or Kai to understand it.
Feb 21, 2014 5:26 PM

Jan 2008
Nope_ said:
Kaimon237 said:
GodlyKyon said:
DrGeroCreation said:
GodlyKyon said:

They revamped the script too to be closer to the manga if you paid attention to how Freeza talks, which is the most obvious change.
Feb 21, 2014 5:44 PM

Nov 2012
Ammish said:
Nope_ said:
Kaimon237 said:
GodlyKyon said:
DrGeroCreation said:
GodlyKyon said:

They revamped the script too to be closer to the manga if you paid attention to how Freeza talks, which is the most obvious change.
Which was most likely filler.
Feb 21, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2008
Nope_ said:
Ammish said:
Nope_ said:
Kaimon237 said:
GodlyKyon said:
DrGeroCreation said:
GodlyKyon said:

Which was most likely filler.

No...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTQJkBkFEM

I know there is a joke somewhere and I am most likely dense, but there are more changes than just 'remove filler'. They revamped the script to be closer to the original anime and manga... and they replaced that shitty faulconer music.
Feb 21, 2014 6:24 PM

Sep 2011
Which is dandy and all, but it is a damn shame that it isn't brand new animation, and seems like they too cheap to waste the budget while is getting the kind of ratings that would make 99% of shows out there jealous

Off of the work they drawn mostly over DECADES ago

I think it's pretty fair to say producing it with brand new animation isn't out of the question, nor would it be unwanted.

In fact, it is a reason why I never bothered with the series Kai.

No... It is a MANDATE that they must remake it
Feb 21, 2014 6:26 PM

Jan 2008
To be honest, if they were to remake it, I prefer it to be a reboot or a new take on the series.

I mean, I wouldn't mind if they manage to keep Goku dead and make the humans and namekians more useful than be relegated to the sidelines whilst it all becomes Saiyan power levels.
Feb 21, 2014 6:35 PM

Jun 2012
GodlyKyon said:
Which is dandy and all, but it is a damn shame that it isn't brand new animation, and seems like they too cheap to waste the budget while is getting the kind of ratings that would make 99% of shows out there jealous

Off of the work they drawn mostly over DECADES ago

I think it's pretty fair to say producing it with brand new animation isn't out of the question, nor would it be unwanted.

In fact, it is a reason why I never bothered with the series Kai.

No... It is a MANDATE that they must remake it

From what I've heard they used the old animation to save money/out of respect for the old animators, since some of them are deceased and apparently had lots of love for the series.

Though if that's your reason for not watching you're missing out, tbh. Especially if you wanted a better dub
Feb 21, 2014 8:12 PM

Apr 2011
the animation is fine

people are actually whining about the art
Feb 21, 2014 8:30 PM

Dec 2012
I never new that the Buu Saga was hated or had bad reception, or that Akira didn't plan to do it.

themoreyaknow.
Feb 21, 2014 9:42 PM

Feb 2009
Wait wtf!!!! why on my Birthday why April 6th
I'am Thou And Thou Art I...And we're a HAPPY FAMILY!!!
Feb 21, 2014 9:51 PM

Jun 2012
tsudecimo said:
I never new that the Buu Saga was hated or had bad reception, or that Akira didn't plan to do it.

themoreyaknow.
And that's not all

Krillin was supposed to to kill Vegeta at the end of the Saiyan arc
And Gero/19 were going to remain the main villains of the Android saga
And Gohan was going to be the main character after Cell but Toriyama decided to go back to Goku

The more you know indeed~
Feb 21, 2014 10:02 PM

Jun 2009
Kaimon237 said:
tsudecimo said:

themoreyaknow.
And that's not all

Krillin was supposed to to kill Vegeta at the end of the Saiyan arc
And Gero/19 were going to remain the main villains of the Android saga
And Gohan was going to be the main character after Cell but Toriyama decided to go back to Goku

The more you know indeed~

Really should have stuck with Gohan. I feel like he diluted the impact of the ending of the Cell Games by bringing Goku back.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 21, 2014 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
Its a shame that theres no Bruce Falconer but i'm still gonna watch.

I never understood why people hate the Buu saga, its my favorite i love everything about it
Feb 22, 2014 9:13 AM

Aug 2013
tsudecimo said:

themoreyaknow.
A lot people dislike it because it is not as serious as the previous sagas. It is my least favorite saga but I still like it. The Buu saga is a throwback to the wackiness of the original Dragon Ball. Fat Buu is a gag villain like Boss Rabbit. The Buu saga also brought back the fantasy element of Dragon Ball. In DBZ sci fi was beginning to overtake fantasy.
DrGeroCreationFeb 22, 2014 9:31 AM
Feb 22, 2014 10:14 AM
Sep 2007
You guys must admit that Candy Vegito, Vegeta, and Gotenks were amazing in Buu saga.

There is also Videl.
Feb 22, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2012
Buu saga was better in the manga, but Kai'll do it justice.
Feb 23, 2014 7:01 PM

Sep 2013
I never have finished the original DBZ and the Majin Buu Saga, but I have seen all of Kai so it'll be great to finally see the rest!
Feb 23, 2014 7:06 PM
Feb 2012
honestly whats the point of kai? was the original not good enough?
Feb 23, 2014 7:09 PM

Nov 2012
bpSORE said:
I wonder too, It's pretty ridiculous to be honest. Why couldn't Toei just reanimate the whole series?
Feb 23, 2014 7:11 PM
Feb 2012
Nope_ said:
bpSORE said:
I wonder too, It's pretty ridiculous to be honest. Why couldn't Toei just reanimate the whole series?

seriously tho , the animation is outdated , and personally the buu saga is the worst outta the main arcs .
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Edens Zero' Manga Ends in Five Chapters

DatRandomDude - May 21

12 by RobertBobert »»
15 minutes ago

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 21

14 by Zedlin »»
4 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

45 by nectror »»
9 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

20 by IdaB »»
Yesterday, 1:26 PM

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

22 by Lili-chwaaan »»
Yesterday, 11:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.