Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 13, 2014 3:38 AM

Nov 2008
Excellent animation, premise and storytelling. I love her character design.

This could be anything and I don't know why anyone is rating/cares what people are rating the show yet.

Will continue.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jan 13, 2014 4:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Haven't seen these character designs since Mezzo. The old days... I just hope it doesn't get as dark as Kite or Mezzo Forte.

The animation was top notch and I liked the setting and the story. My only complaint would be the pacing, which seemed a bit rushed IMO.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 13, 2014 5:25 AM

Sep 2013
Best first episode i've seen so far this season, found the animation to be awesome in some places and lacking in others.

Really like the characters though, will look forward to this.
Jan 13, 2014 5:27 AM
Oct 2011
nehnehneji said:

The ero frog familiar... ^^;
He's a reincarnated Onsokumaru.

It seems Wakamoto is too expensive for them they only made him appear in 3 very short scenes. Oh well.

A nice start with great animation and soundtracks. Potential is there.
Jan 13, 2014 6:16 AM
Sep 2013
It was good enough. Though all the main wizards characters are obnoxious and will probably be the downfall of the series for me. Their characters clashed with what was happening in a strange way..
Jan 13, 2014 6:24 AM

Aug 2012
Rarely does a mystery-ish anime hook me in. That's why, as my favorite genre, mystery, I only feed my fetish through reading books, but this series seems to offer something good in the long run.

Anyway, animation is good if not superb. While the story pacing is a bit odd, it shows potential. I'm guessing that this series will introduce a lot of annoying characters. The police, or whatever they are called, already gives me the vibe of social discrimination.

The OST is not worth praising, nor worth bashing. So far, Cecil is a meh character to me. I can't wait to see her developed.. and that other newbie too.
Jan 13, 2014 7:26 AM
Apr 2013
Well i'll be...that was something for a first episode. I really liked the animations and the charactes and also....THAT DAMN LUCKY FROG.
Jan 13, 2014 7:27 AM

Jul 2013
The Budget for this episode went to outer space. Definitely a great start and it seems our MC won't remain happy and lively for long.
Jan 13, 2014 7:53 AM

Jun 2011
Eh. I can't help but feel disappointed tbh. It starts off in a gritty action sequence with what seemed like a very promising female lead, only for the focus to shift to yet another naive teenage heroine. I feel like they missed an opportunity by not having Quinn as the heroine.

And wtf is up with the character designs and personalities of the female wizard barristers? Most of them strike me as art students, rather than law graduates. Heck, it seems that the other new recruit is the only female that actually belongs in that workplace. The rest are all so quirky/obnoxious that they're hard to watch.

The action scenes hold a lot of promise though, especially that opening sequence. Now if only the MC becomes less disappointing or if focus was shifted away from her, then this show may be pretty fantastic.

3.5/5

Jan 13, 2014 8:28 AM

Sep 2013
i didn't know that fire lord ozai travel through time just to be chased by cops
Jan 13, 2014 9:07 AM

Jun 2012
That was some awesome animation until 4 min. than it was still good but those mecha were really out of the place... And a male lead would be more interesting but that is just my personal opinion. For a first episode maybe this series should have a better score in comparison with the other new anime airing.
Jan 13, 2014 9:18 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good first episode, but I can't help but being disappointed on how Wakamoto is yet again used to voice a mascot character =/
Jan 13, 2014 9:50 AM

Jun 2012
My god, that was a pretty epic first episode. I expected to enjoy this series, especially since it's an original series... but damn, I didn't expect it to start off so amazingly. That animation is beautiful, and it doesn't hold back at all. If this is what I have to look forward to the rest of the season, I'm already hoping for a second season. I'll be a little upset if it doesn't get one... I can't accept only 12 episodes of such greatness.

And so far, all the characters seem really cool and unique from one another. Only thing that bothered me was that this is the 2nd anime I've seen so far this season that started with a girl running late in a similar fashion... though I can't really hold it against the series, especially when everything else was so perfect.

I can assume the woman she visited was her mother. I'm also wondering if there's any connection between Cecil and the unidentified metal user they were talking about. Just a shot in the dark but perhaps it's her father... but probably not.

Siva said:
SolviteSekai said:
Did nobody see kite?

These character designs pre date all the new shit you people are watching. They arent anything new.
Not everyone had seen every single anime ever made.
I have to say the irony here is hilarious. Sovite who who has finished 60 anime, as opposed to your 928. Just had to point that out.
Jan 13, 2014 10:26 AM

Jan 2008
I feel those Phoenix Wright vibes all around again, believing in your client and being their only ally in this screwed up world.

Overally it's nice. They have budget thiiiiis big and are not scared to use it. Character design is okay, something else once in a while (and I love their clothes, damn). Hard ass officer is slowly building to be my favourite character and Cecil isn't annoying (yet). The other newbie was more alarming - I really do hope she won't be that one character who makes world a favor by living.
Jan 13, 2014 11:24 AM
Oct 2008
Good Premise, Beautiful Animation looks promising though hope it can do something good with the remaining 11 episodes
Jan 13, 2014 11:36 AM

Nov 2013
- Some Phoenix Wright-like feeling, +1
- Loving the mascot
- Main character has a backstory!
- Main character isn't annoying!

Looks like I'm going to enjoy this. Emphasis on looks.
Jan 13, 2014 12:39 PM

Oct 2007
HalibelTheEspada said:
My god, that was a pretty epic first episode. I expected to enjoy this series, especially since it's an original series... but damn, I didn't expect it to start off so amazingly. That animation is beautiful, and it doesn't hold back at all. If this is what I have to look forward to the rest of the season, I'm already hoping for a second season. I'll be a little upset if it doesn't get one... I can't accept only 12 episodes of such greatness.

And so far, all the characters seem really cool and unique from one another. Only thing that bothered me was that this is the 2nd anime I've seen so far this season that started with a girl running late in a similar fashion... though I can't really hold it against the series, especially when everything else was so perfect.

I can assume the woman she visited was her mother. I'm also wondering if there's any connection between Cecil and the unidentified metal user they were talking about. Just a shot in the dark but perhaps it's her father... but probably not.

Siva said:
SolviteSekai said:
Did nobody see kite?

These character designs pre date all the new shit you people are watching. They arent anything new.
I have to say the irony here is hilarious. Sovite who who has finished 60 anime, as opposed to your 928. Just had to point that out.
What is even more irony is that I have seen Kite Liberator and I knew it right away since I saw its PV. It was just that his question sounded like "Did nobody see Naruto/Code Geass?" Well I wasn't really mean anything and just stating some fact thats all.

As for the episode, she is very likely her mother that got her sentence unjustly which led her to become a Wizard Barristers. It is also likely that the guy behind the action has some connection to her mother.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jan 13, 2014 5:31 PM

Oct 2013
Amarrez said:
Well damn, that was really good. I hope it stays consistent.

Yeah
Jan 13, 2014 5:42 PM

Feb 2012
I think I'm still in shock of how good the animation was for this series. The story doesn't really disappoint either. I could get into this :)
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jan 13, 2014 6:03 PM

Apr 2011
Rather enjoyed that first episode. The ero frog is amusing and I can't blame him for not being able to keep his hands off Cecil ;) She is definitely kawaii, lol. And a badass, it looks like. Sasori is really hot too. Dat cleavage.

There seems to be a lot of racism against wizards by muggles, especially the cops. I don't like that hard-ass lady cop in the beginning, I have a feeling she's going to be an antagonist for at least a good chunk of the series. She might end up as Cecil-chan's ally before the end, but I still won't like her any more I think. Couldn't disagree more with the person who said she should be the main character. Keep that racist (wizard-ist?) bitch off my TV as much as possible, tyvm.

Gods, Japan, this season is too freaking good! I may have to end up putting some very good shows on hold simply because I'm not sure I can handle the load.
Jan 13, 2014 6:05 PM

Dec 2010
Phoenix Wright meets magical Michael Bay.

I'm in for the ride!
Jan 13, 2014 8:26 PM

Apr 2011
Wizards + Lawyers

now that's something I would have never imagined in my wildest dreams
Jan 13, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
umetsu yasuomi anime = hot girls, guns, sex & explosions

Yeah, i know what i getting into xD.
Jan 13, 2014 9:48 PM

Jun 2012
Siva said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
Siva said:
SolviteSekai said:
Did nobody see kite?

What is even more irony is that I have seen Kite Liberator and I knew it right away since I saw its PV. It was just that his question sounded like "Did nobody see Naruto/Code Geass?" Well I wasn't really mean anything and just stating some fact thats all.
Yeah I know, I actually agree with you. Just, once I noticed it I thought it was pretty funny.
Jan 13, 2014 10:06 PM
Jan 2014
Did anyone notice that the main character thinks it is okay to abuse her rights simply because she is a wizard?
Jan 13, 2014 10:18 PM

Jun 2012
Mangafan998 said:
Did anyone notice that the main character thinks it is okay to abuse her rights simply because she is a wizard?
When did she abuse her rights? Doesn't even look like she has very many, being a wizard.
Jan 14, 2014 12:04 AM
Aug 2013
The animation is extremely good, but the story feels boring to me. I also don't see the need to add mechas to a series whose intro shows how powerful magic can be on that world. It just felt completely out of place. I don't hate mechas by any means, but a lot of anime seem to throw them on places they just don't belong.
Jan 14, 2014 12:48 AM
Oct 2013
Great episode. The story has a great concept and the animation is that of an anime movie. I'm not really a big fan of the "mecha" like monsters but this series looks like it will be really good.
Jan 14, 2014 2:45 AM

Jun 2012
ZyphelChaos said:
The animation is extremely good, but the story feels boring to me. I also don't see the need to add mechas to a series whose intro shows how powerful magic can be on that world. It just felt completely out of place. I don't hate mechas by any means, but a lot of anime seem to throw them on places they just don't belong.
Well it goes with the fact that she can control metal. And I'm not sure that can even be considered a mecha... more like a golem.
Jan 14, 2014 2:49 AM

Jun 2013
YES , I DO LOVE TRIALS AND LAWYERS AND PERVY FROG !

I hope this gets even better next week with the trial and damn that mecha at the end owo
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 14, 2014 3:04 AM

Jan 2011
this is the series that I have chosen before the season started, so far it does not disappoint :)

lawyers also have to be so powerful?
Jan 14, 2014 3:08 AM
Aug 2013
HalibelTheEspada said:
Well it goes with the fact that she can control metal. And I'm not sure that can even be considered a mecha... more like a golem.

I thought of that at first, but it still gives that mecha vibe and it threw me off. I'll still give this 1 or 2 more episodes to see if it's worth the watch, but to me, the first episode didn't catch my attention at all except for how good the animation actually is.
Jan 14, 2014 3:21 AM

Jun 2012
ZyphelChaos said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
I thought of that at first, but it still gives that mecha vibe and it threw me off. I'll still give this 1 or 2 more episodes to see if it's worth the watch, but to me, the first episode didn't catch my attention at all except for how good the animation actually is.
I won't lie, it does look just like your average mecha... it's just not what I consider an actual mecha. It probably would bother me more if she actually made a mecha that she could just hop inside and control like a machine.
Jan 14, 2014 4:01 AM
Sep 2009
Super shity music.
Jan 14, 2014 4:59 AM

Nov 2013
This first episode was decent.
I hope it gets better as the show progresses.
Jan 14, 2014 9:54 AM

Sep 2012
It was good for a first episode, hope to get even better. The animation was amazing
That frog Lol
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Jan 14, 2014 9:55 AM

Sep 2007
The pronunciation of Cecil made me dock a point.
Jan 14, 2014 10:42 AM
Jan 2014
I'm enjoying it so far.
I'm surprised she is from Ontario/Canada of all places.

So far so good.
Jan 14, 2014 11:41 AM
Jul 2012
Valaskjalf said:
Wizards + Lawyers

now that's something I would have never imagined in my wildest dreams

Anime is an art that has the ability to surpass anyone's wildest dreams :P
Nonetheless, I was a little surprised, myself. Surprised at the quality.

Animation/Artwork: Nostalgic yet above expectations.
Music: Average (and average means "average")
Story/Plot: Sincerely much better than I expected."

Overall, great first episode. I honestly can't say that for more than 4 anime this season.
Jan 14, 2014 7:53 PM

Apr 2009
It looked really nice but felt really disjointed. Characters either felt bland or just nonsensicle, thought it would be better. But yeah the animation was nice, but if thats all your going for you might as well just watch space dandy which had even way better animation. Still I'll leave it at a 7/10 for now cuz it seems like it has potential.
Jan 14, 2014 8:23 PM

Oct 2010
An average episode. The flow was disorganized and events were all over the place, without any significant motive or purpose. Some of the characters also had no significance except for just "being there".

Maybe it'll improve? Who knows.
Jan 14, 2014 8:37 PM

Feb 2010
It was a really catching begining. I liked the character desings since I watched the trailer and this really exceded my expectations.
"...To kiss, that beautiful woman cherry-like lips"
Jan 14, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2014
Well hope they stay with the animation quality... i remember Mezzo series... episode 1 was good, then after that, they went whack...
Jan 14, 2014 9:16 PM

Oct 2009
I thought ep 1 was badass, love all the character designs/personalities and I love the style of the animation, its so realistic and detailed.
Jan 14, 2014 9:35 PM

Oct 2011
Great action scenes. Hope she can change people's view on wizards
Jan 15, 2014 1:13 AM

Aug 2013
Wow! Epicness at the very start and at the very first episode of the anime... Nice!!! Amazing hahaha!

Dat frog groping her ass and boobs, hahaha!

Hey the character design was like of those old animes like Kite, Ghost in the shell and mezzo forte in an updated version huh...

Based on the story, it looks like this'll be more interesting, so I gotta watchi this whole series...

Her powers, was it controling metal? making them into a huge robot. wow hahaha

Omoshiroii! I liked it!
Jan 15, 2014 5:11 AM

Oct 2008
epic colorful brilliant high tone animation.

Jan 15, 2014 8:18 AM

Sep 2013
best one of the season for me as;ldfkj like wow
this one along with zvezda are my personal favs

i'm rly interested in law + cases and stuff so i've been very impressed with this so far
animation is pretty nice too! haha i love the action scenes, like the one on the train :)

go cecil!! >//<
Jan 15, 2014 11:09 AM

Oct 2011
Good first episode, I really like Cecil! The concept is really interesting, looking forward to seeing if Cecil can defend the guy who's the suspect. I think the person she visited in prison was probably her mother.

The episode did definitely feel a bit disjointed though. The transitions from scene to scene happened at awkward times so it didn't feel natural. Hope that's not a consistent theme throughout the series.
Jan 15, 2014 2:47 PM

Jan 2012
LOVED THIS EPISODE!!!
The artwork really looks fab for me (arms glory) and the characters are likeable. I'm just worried that this show might not go eposodic for a few eps, which isn't a bad thing, but understanding more about the world and creating the setting is a must for such a show.
don't think i'll be dropping this show at all :D
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

97 by Talamare »»
May 30, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

111 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

123 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.