Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 29, 2013 5:46 PM

Nov 2012
Nice shooting by Yura.When she got the airsoft bullet in between the coin & when she shot the arrow.
Jul 29, 2013 9:28 PM
Aug 2011
Honestly, this episode, besides being totally Gainax, actually made a lot of sense. I'm a chairsofter IRL, and there is a lot more to playing this game than just pulling a trigger and running in the woods.

Sempai's stance does make sense. Play it to enjoy it, but don't just give up. Give it your all. It's better to try and fail than to not try at all.

This series gets better and better.
Jul 30, 2013 1:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Let's keep the supernatural world Gainax and this show'll be fine.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 30, 2013 4:53 AM
Sep 2009
no, this hairstyle, drop.
Jul 30, 2013 7:20 AM

Jul 2010
I love that they are using Yura's daydreams as a major plot point! I identified that as a defining characteristic of her character from the start, but didn't really expect them to expand on it quite this much or go all mystic on us. This may be the best episode yet! I have to wonder where it is going, or if it will be slice of life with little direction...

I love the new OP graphics, BTW! Highlighting the growth of Yura as a person like that is great!
Jul 30, 2013 7:27 AM

Jun 2011
Something I read and I don't remember where it's from:

"A Western archer shoots to hit the target.

A Japanese archer shoots to perfect the process of archery. And the target will meet the arrow when the process has been perfected".
Jul 30, 2013 10:41 AM
Jan 2012
I loled at this episode... so crazy but still liked more than the other 3
Jul 30, 2013 12:03 PM

Aug 2011
In the end Yura will die for our sins.
Jul 30, 2013 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
Re... Reality Marble ?
Jul 30, 2013 3:57 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Arlia said:
Re... Reality Marble ?
Oh! Good one!

Toyosatomimi said:
In the end Yura will die for our sins.
I need to think about that one.
Jul 30, 2013 4:04 PM

Sep 2010
Yura on acids
Jul 30, 2013 7:46 PM
Sep 2010
Cratex said:
tapanda said:
Did this show just completely change genres? Not that I'm complaining, I just don't understand.
There were hints in all the previous episodes that something was up - every time Yura faced a crisis she would go off into her imagination and the world everybody else was in would disappear to her.

Then they did a piss poor job at foreshadowing this. All her imaginations could have easily been seen as just that her imagination. Nothing about any of those scenes indicated that those were real or supernatural.

I'm still trying to process whether I like this twist or not (although I'm leaning more towards not). This just seem to have came the flying fuck out of nowhere.
Jul 30, 2013 8:27 PM
Oct 2008
Gainax gonna Gainax, yo.

Easily the best episode so far.
Jul 31, 2013 1:06 AM

Aug 2008
jacnoronha said:
i loved the fact that yura's delusio can engulf the real world

eminagnam said:
Overall it was unexpectedly interesting: much better than previous eps.

this

Sums up my feelings. The best episode by far. But I wonder if this will become a plot device to be used again. It would be cool if it were.
Jul 31, 2013 5:48 AM
Oct 2007
Arlia said:
Re... Reality Marble ?

lol the dude was a heroic "Archer" maybe it was bankai
Jul 31, 2013 9:40 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Zetsuei380 said:
Cratex said:
tapanda said:
Did this show just completely change genres? Not that I'm complaining, I just don't understand.
There were hints in all the previous episodes that something was up - every time Yura faced a crisis she would go off into her imagination and the world everybody else was in would disappear to her.

Then they did a piss poor job at foreshadowing this. All her imaginations could have easily been seen as just that her imagination. Nothing about any of those scenes indicated that those were real or supernatural.

I'm still trying to process whether I like this twist or not (although I'm leaning more towards not). This just seem to have came the flying fuck out of nowhere.
I didn't say they were 'loud' about it, just that they were there. The nature of her daydreams, including the timing and intensity, were the hints, not the daydreams themselves.
Jul 31, 2013 9:48 AM

Jul 2010
Good episode. I wasn't expecting this 'supernatural' sort of turn to the show though... Hmm. It's not bad though. Just a little random. I lol'd at the scenario at the end of the ED haha.

Lol, fanservice next episode.
Zetsuei380 said:

My thoughts exactly, but I really didn't mind it all too much either.
Jul 31, 2013 6:44 PM

Jun 2013
Rento was so cute getting lost in that battlefield
Aug 2, 2013 7:12 PM

Sep 2011
And actually the Yura is in the hospital on a drip, live it is not much. From childhood she was sick a lot, just seen all sorts of different disease gray matter. But Yura always dreamed of going to high school, to get girlfriends and engage in airsoft. All this is just a figment of her imagination because of medical drugs.
Aug 2, 2013 7:23 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Baldr_Weird said:
And actually the Yura is in the hospital on a drip, live it is not much. From childhood she was sick a lot, just seen all sorts of different disease gray matter. But Yura always dreamed of going to high school, to get girlfriends and engage in airsoft. All this is just a figment of her imagination because of medical drugs.
That...would explain much.
Aug 3, 2013 4:19 AM

Dec 2012
that was quite trippy. even the music was weird.
but i think it was just a hallucination/dream/imagination. i mean the genre tags don't even contain the word "supernatural". and it would be weird to add it suddenly...

User-namae said:
Most random supernatural addition to a show ever.
I haven't liked these previous episodes as well as the first two episodes of the show, but it's still decent enough I suppose.
Zetsuei380 said:
i agree with you two.
Aug 5, 2013 6:21 PM

Mar 2012
Awesome episode
Yura looked like the enemies in Upotte with that mask on lol
Aug 6, 2013 8:43 PM
Jan 2013
Definitely not her imagination. Blondie wandered into it, and the flake of gold in her hair at the end.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Aug 8, 2013 6:31 PM

May 2013
Elite60 said:
Yura became one with the gun.

^This. And she also time traveled and changed history.

The OP changed a bit because of Yura's short hair, which I'm still not used to.

All the members of the club have wicked aim.
This now includes Yura, because she entered her world to save an archer named Choujirou and also because she shot a pellet in the middle of a coin.
And somehow, Rento can see that world.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Aug 10, 2013 7:11 PM

Nov 2009
GreatRumbler said:
Gainax gonna Gainax, yo.

Easily the best episode so far.

Mind-boggling episode so far
Aug 11, 2013 1:39 AM

Mar 2012
Shooting a coin from that far...she must be Byron Ferguson's daughter..
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Aug 16, 2013 12:30 PM

Jun 2008
eldest said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Well then...I dunno how fitting supernatural into an airsoft anime is going to work, but I suppose we'll see. Or, hopefully, it won't go further than her battlefield fantasies from now on.

calling it now, its going to end in some sort of apocalypse.
ala nearly ever gainax show ever

Oh! Shit.
Aug 18, 2013 7:11 AM

Apr 2012
I think that was the best episode of anything I have seen for some time. Maybe since Shinsekai Yori. I thought GAINAX were dead, that all their best talent was now working for other studios. But that was pure GAINAX magic, doing something you'd think was never going to be much more than enjoyable fluff, but being so clever about how they do it, so smartly perceptive, that it just all becomes real, fantasy and reality joined.

It was so much more than just surprising the audience by doing the unexpected. They've been setting it up from the start, with a premise which allows them to do exciting firefights while admitting fully that it's all just play, not trying to play it for real with fictional characters dying or anything, drilling down into what we actually enjoy about it. But then making it specifically a fantasy space, one in which you can find your weird new friends, the normal world something which seems promising but then fades away into the distance. (A great theme in the first episode.) And this episode is about another space again, the one in which you're completely in touch with your environment and activities.

And the final component was the direction. Different characters always appearing in their shots in different ways, the wise mentor of the story always dominating the camera, creating her own little space. This is television for the most media-literate group of people who have ever existed, people who have now grown to adulthood and who are still spending much of their time interpreting moving drawings on their screens, who can process visual language never seriously used before. And I guess GAINAX have the long pedigree of pushing that language necessary to best understand it. In hindsight, the supernatural seems inevitable. This is television which, by revelling in its nature as a fake, can become so real that it has the same relationship with the real world as the supernatural does.
Sep 2, 2013 4:28 PM

Jul 2009
Huh, what can I say ... this was an interesting episode. Certainly didn't expect this to appear in this show lol. A couple of new scenes in the OP to reflect Yura's new personality and hairstyle ... and wow, pretty cool scenes/scenery with Choujirou (I think I spelled that wrong XD) and his battle ... so she can hit the 5 yen coin now huh? Well if that's what works for her ... plus not only did she hit it, it stuck in the middle looks like :P Plus haha splitting the arrow down the middle with the bullet ... pretty sure that's not possible, but makes for a good point XD
Now I kinda wonder if Ren (I think that's her name?) saw her actual "delusion" or just her shooting the coin down :P
Anyway looks like next episode is a ... beach episode?! O_O Or at least a swimsuit one lol. Kinda surprising I guess but eh, let's see where this goes :P
Sep 7, 2013 1:16 PM

Oct 2012
What a sudden change of mood - bringing dream worlds to real-ones? Cool!

And dat Heart of Courage song parody in the beginning, lol :D
Sep 8, 2013 7:40 AM

Dec 2009
Putting death flag on Blue and PTSD flag on Protag.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Sep 8, 2013 10:56 PM

Aug 2013
Mich666 said:
And dat Heart of Courage song parody in the beginning, lol :D

Oh yeah, it was!
Sep 20, 2013 7:33 PM

Dec 2012
Zetsuei380 said:

Yeah I'm not really sure what to make of it either. I mean I found the whole surreal world thing to be cool and it was awesome when she shot the arrow which translated to her bullet getting stuck in that coin in reality. But the whole rewriting history part threw me off completely. Although maybe it could be argued that we were only led to believe that Yura's fantasies should only be seen as delusions and that the frequent use of them was to prepare for something like this. I guess I'll keep watching to see how it turns out.

Just noticed the new opening too, I really like the contrast between how Yura acts in it now vs before.
Sep 24, 2013 3:20 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Jeez! The first few bars were to bet serious and fun, but in the second step has become all so trivial because of the first-component dreamlike fun, but then abused and a little too silly. Rather than take a step forward if they are made here two back. Final rating that reflects the final too silly, my own!
Oct 17, 2013 6:31 AM

May 2012
Fascinating episode I must say really liked that spiritual part :p And lol that ending was great! Lets see what's next!
Dec 3, 2014 7:14 PM

Feb 2013
Well that too a weird turn. I didn't expect supernatural elements in this anime. Although I don't think they were trulty supernatuelements but just what Yura was seeing. Looks like some fan service next episode? Okay episode.
Jul 7, 2021 10:49 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty cool and mysterious episode. Those surrealistic scenes were beautiful.
Feb 17, 9:43 PM

Oct 2022
Interesting training technique...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2013

98 by toralbabs »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2013

71 by toralbabs »»
May 18, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Amarrez - Jul 18, 2013

129 by toralbabs »»
Feb 14, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 11, 2013

95 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

179 by toralbabs »»
Feb 7, 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.