Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 15, 2013 5:53 AM

Aug 2009
Marina2 said:
In this ep. there are seemingly throw away lines spoken by Mugino that are actually important thing people should take a note.

http://i.imgur.com/Y5ieoxg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZHS3ejY.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PPWnZ5T.jpg

In other word:

"The standard for LV 5 espers power messaurement is based on how much AC can profit from them. They are not ranked by how powerful they are"

Also, this scene is sad.
http://i.imgur.com/DLinzKl.jpg

http://img.batoto.net/comics/2011/07/13/t/read4e1de68078250/Chapter28_Railgun05_1244e1de6808f953.png
Better now?
ssjokgJun 15, 2013 9:12 AM
Jun 15, 2013 5:58 AM

Feb 2013
godamn, misaka is such a boss, handling all those problems by herself, not depending on anyone, where you see that in main characters nowadays?
Jun 15, 2013 5:59 AM

Aug 2009
Kamina__ said:
godamn, misaka is such a boss, handling all those problems by herself, not depending on anyone, where you see that in main characters nowadays?
Definitely not in Raildex.
Jun 15, 2013 6:21 AM

Feb 2009
ssjokg said:
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/3410/05-028.0/compressed/ctoaru_kagaku_no_choudenjibou_v05_chapter28.railgun05_124.jpg
Better now?
>mangafox
>not using superior Batoto
._.
Jun 15, 2013 6:22 AM

Nov 2009
Excellent episode!!!

Finally the battle between the two Level 5's has begun and I have to say it was a good adaptation from the manga. As expected from Misaka to use the bombs that Frenda left behind by accident on Mugino. It was a pretty fierce battle but Misaka won the battle by having a slight advantage and was lucky that she had other options available. Mugino is interested why she was so desperately fighting and decides to let her suffer in the dark side of Academy City.

TOUMA makes his appearance and for those who have seen Index, we all know how Touma saves the day but it will be interesting to see this from the Railgun point of view. We all know what Touma is going to say in that scene.

Looking forward to see Touma in the next episode!!

5/5

Jun 15, 2013 6:42 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
ssjokg said:
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/3410/05-028.0/compressed/ctoaru_kagaku_no_choudenjibou_v05_chapter28.railgun05_124.jpg
Better now?
>mangafox
>not using superior Batoto
._.
Tip taken.
Jun 15, 2013 7:50 AM
Apr 2013
Joseito1875 said:
I agree with wakka9ca...Mikoto outsmarted Mugino. Even though Mugino had the upper hand, she was too confident, lowered her guard, and as a result was tricked defeated by an exhausted Mikoto.
Also, it's true true that Mugino can divert Mikoto's lighting but Mikoto can do the same with Mugino's Meltdowner.
I still think Mugino is BA, she's completely awesome .... can't get over her voice acting, it suits her so well.

Frenda was hilarious too.

At last, Touma makes his appearance. Can't wait to see the next episode!!

You can't deny that the episode 11 preview was fucking hilarious.
Jun 15, 2013 8:56 AM
Apr 2013
Scheherazade1007 said:
CreationBreaker said:

It was because she was tired and unable to use other moves like her Railgun that she used Frenda's traps in the first place. Obviously, had Frenda cleaned up her traps, Mugino would have curb-stomped Mikoto but that's not the point.

Reverse the roles.
If Meltdowner had been in Misaka's condition she would have been curbstomped by Misaka even if she had Frenda's dolls.

CreationBreaker said:

Mugino could counter each and every one of Mikoto's attacks effectively. Mugino can divert Mikoto's lightning, destroy any projectiles Mikoto would throw at her. Not to mention, a single attack from Meltdowner would destroy a Railgun. Couple that with the fact that Mugino can use 4 at once without losing control and Railgun is utterly useless. The iron sand attacks can be interfered with and destroyed by Meltdowner. If she tried what she did with the Iron Sand with Accelerator on Mugino, she would be able to dissipate the iron sand herself or use multiple Silicon Burn cards at once.

Mugino could counter every attack Misaka made because she was tired. Misaka have more firepower than Mugino but in the state she was she had to do with a fraction of her power. She couldn't even muster enough strength to launch a railgun while we both know she's usually able to throw a few without sweating.

Misaka's ability is similar to Mugino's. She can deviate Mugino's beam and Mugino can deviate Misaka's electricity.
The thing is that the one with the most strength will bend the other's power the most. In their fight, Mugino had the advantage because Misaka was tired so bending her lighting was easy while Misaka had problem to bend her beam. Misaka in perfect form would have bent Mugino's beam easily and Mugino would have had a much harder time to bend Misaka's lighting.

You are overestimating Mugino's shield.
She couldn't even par an explosion at point blank (She had to deviated the doll instead) , had Misaka used the same iron sand move she did on Accelerator she would have been screwed.
Add to that the fact that she didn't even felt the doll coming to hit her on the head, she doesn't have the calculation ability to defend against such multi-directional attack.

CreationBreaker said:

Basically, Mugino has a method to counter every one of Mikoto's tactics and in this episode, Mikoto only won because she used Fre|nda's traps. Without that extraneous factor, even in a fair fight, Mikoto would be unable to win against Mugino. At best, it would end up as a standstill or a battle of stamina. At worst, of course, Mugino would demolish Mikoto easily.

Mugino could counter Misaka's attack because Misaka's attack were weak, they weren't even a fraction of what they would have been if she was at full power. Compare a laser toy to Mugino's ability and it would be pretty much the difference between the Misaka from this episode and Misaka at full power. By the end of the episode all she could barely do more than a spark.

The rating system of academy city is accurate and is pretty much exponential when it comes to the level 5.
Number two isn't 'a bit weaker' than Accelerator, he's hell weaker. Misaka is hell weaker than number 2. Mugino is hell weaker than Misaka. Number 5 is hell weaker than Mugino.

Still if you like to base your argument on a fight where Misaka was near death against Mugino who was in perfect form, suit yourself.

Although Misaka and Sogiita(rank 7) seemed to be on par.
Jun 15, 2013 9:17 AM
Aug 2012

Holy shit, that part ^ hahahahaha

Frenda was awesome too..

great episode
Jun 15, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2010
Katsu!
Nice ending of the Arc and seeing Touma at last :3
Jun 15, 2013 9:33 AM

Mar 2012
You know, this eps. really irritated me. I have to say I can't imagine someone saying "I want a fair fight" after completely wearing the person out. How is that a fair fight? How in this lady's right mind can she say "is that all you got!". It's like a boxer fighting four people at once and then going against a strong opponent and them disagreeing with their strength because they can't fight as well. That is all... does anyone agree with me on that?
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Jun 15, 2013 9:43 AM

Aug 2009
lovelydeath said:
You know, this eps. really irritated me. I have to say I can't imagine someone saying "I want a fair fight" after completely wearing the person out. How is that a fair fight? How in this lady's right mind can she say "is that all you got!". It's like a boxer fighting four people at once and then going against a strong opponent and them disagreeing with their strength because they can't fight as well. That is all... does anyone agree with me on that?
3vs1 tired enemy is WAY more unfair than 1vs1 tired enemy.
Also:
1.Mugino doesnt know that Misaka was exhausted before fighting Fre nda.
2.If Misaka was THIS tired only by fighting Fre nda then she doesnt deserve to be #3(According to Mugino).
3.Mugino is an antagonist and as said in other posts ruthless.She isnt Touma,Misaka or any other shounen MC.

And your problem is Mugino(which I understand) not the eps.
Jun 15, 2013 9:46 AM

Aug 2011
lovelydeath said:

I guess Mugino really only wanted to prove that she is better than Misaka in a 1v1 fight, regardless of the opponent's bodily fatigue. In this case, she wants a fair fight only in terms of numbers, and not how the individual herself is faring.
Jun 15, 2013 9:57 AM

Mar 2012
thesnnitro said:
lovelydeath said:

I guess Mugino really only wanted to prove that she is better than Misaka in a 1v1 fight, regardless of the opponent's bodily fatigue. In this case, she wants a fair fight only in terms of numbers, and not how the individual herself is faring.

That is asinine as she said she wants a fair fight "one on one" but used others at first.
ssjokg said:
lovelydeath said:
3vs1 tired enemy is WAY more unfair than 1vs1 tired enemy.
Also:
1.Mugino doesnt know that Misaka was exhausted before fighting Fre nda.
2.If Misaka was THIS tired only by fighting Fre nda then she doesnt deserve to be #3(According to Mugino).
3.Mugino is an antagonist and as said in other posts ruthless.She isnt Touma,Misaka or any other shounen MC.

And your problem is Mugino(which I understand) not the eps.

Mugino did know actually they all said she's exhausted several times that they could feel where she was and said that's actually what their intentions were. Frenda fought her first, then the other two came in. She got blasted, bombed and continued until Mugino went after her. The eps. did irritate me, but so did Mugino. I just don't believe that would be considered a "Fair fight".
lovelydeathJun 15, 2013 10:01 AM
Jun 15, 2013 10:01 AM
Dec 2009
Is it just me or the voice of Touma changed? Main page in the anime i can see the original seiyuu but it felt different. I wonder why..
Jun 15, 2013 10:03 AM

Mar 2012
Marina2 said:

Also, this scene is sad.
http://i.imgur.com/DLinzKl.jpg

As a light novel reader, that scene really tugs on the heartstrings.
The irony is that Fre|nda was the one who said it.
(Also known on other places as Hiss13)

All hail the adorable chess master!
Jun 15, 2013 10:09 AM

Aug 2009
lovelydeath said:

Mugino did know actually they all said she's exhausted several times that they could feel where she was and said that's actually what their intentions were. Frenda fought her first, then the other two came in. She got blasted, bombed and continued until Mugino went after her. The eps. did irritate me, but so did Mugino. I just don't believe that would be considered a "Fair fight".
I am talking about before Misaka fight witht Frenda.If Misaka was in top condition when fighting Frenda, or all 3 of them, she wouldnt be blasted and bombed all the time.

You are looking at it from the POV of a "good person/hero".
Mugino isnt one.She doesnt care if Misaka is tired as long as it is a one on one.
Jun 15, 2013 10:10 AM

Aug 2011
lovelydeath said:
thesnnitro said:
lovelydeath said:

That is asinine as she said she wants a fair fight "one on one" but used others at first.

Mugino didn't know the identity of Misaka perhaps until some extent during the Rikou & Mugino vs Misaka 2v1 fight, so she likely didn't care and only wanted to accomplish her mission of dispatching the infiltrator. When she found out that her opponent was Tokiwadai's Railgun, she instantly wanted to fight 1v1 with her to prove her superiority, in spite of how Misaka herself was pretty battered.
Jun 15, 2013 10:11 AM

Aug 2009
thesnnitro said:
lovelydeath said:
thesnnitro said:
lovelydeath said:

Mugino didn't know the identity of Misaka perhaps until some extent during the Rikou & Mugino vs Misaka 2v1 fight, so she likely didn't care and only wanted to accomplish her mission of dispatching the infiltrator. When she found out that her opponent was Tokiwadai's Railgun, she instantly wanted to fight 1v1 with her to prove her superiority, in spite of how Misaka herself was pretty battered.

Mugino and the rest of Item didnt know who she was.
Jun 15, 2013 10:46 AM

Apr 2010
So that was Meltdowner who seemed to be more interested in her own position than the actual mission in the end she didn't obtain her objective tho.
And she even disregarded her mission out of personal interest or at least thinking why Misaka was there in the first place.
This was a pretty interesting episode and Misaka didn't win because of shounen hacks like some of you feared more like she won using the enemies weapon.
Jun 15, 2013 11:02 AM

Aug 2009
Aversa said:

This was a pretty interesting episode and Misaka didn't win because of shounen hacks like some of you feared more like she won using the enemies weapon.
In Index that is considered as shounen hacks along with having help from friends and allies.
Jun 15, 2013 1:05 PM

Dec 2011
Oh my God. Hell yes. TOUMA IS HERE!!!
I didn't like too much Touma in Index, but he sure is different when he appears in Railgun!!!

Oh yes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2013 1:40 PM

Oct 2011
Railgun vs Meltdowner was epic. Lol @ Frenda leaving her bombs behind
She knows about the Sister project : 0

OMG Touma XDDDDDD!!!! Next week will focus on Touma and Misaka. Then Touma vs Accelerator !!!!!
Jun 15, 2013 2:01 PM

Apr 2010
ssjokg said:
Aversa said:

In Index that is considered as shounen hacks along with having help from friends and allies.
Well this isn't Index speaking of which Touma's power is shounen hacks 101.
In this case Misaka just used the enemy trap to her own advantage those tapes where there from the moment Misaka entered the facility.
Frenda was still laying traps the moment Misaka entered.
AnimeFan500 said:

OMG Touma XDDDDDD!!!! Next week will focus on Touma and Misaka. Then Touma vs Accelerator !!!!!
I think your mistaken with the first season of Index.
Jun 15, 2013 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
Aversa said:
ssjokg said:
Aversa said:

Well this isn't Index speaking of which Touma's power is shounen hacks 101.
In this case Misaka just used the enemy trap to her own advantage those tapes where there from the moment Misaka entered the facility.
Frenda was still laying traps the moment Misaka entered.
AnimeFan500 said:

I think your mistaken with the first season of Index.

Touma's power isnt hack.It is by far the weakesr power.That most of his opponents wont calm down till they are defeated doesnt make IB some great power.
I dont see how that makes Misaka's fight and result any less "shounen hack" than all of Touma's fights, where he used everyone's and everything's help.

You DO know that the next eps wil be Index's Sister arc all over again right?
Fiji said:
Oh my God. Hell yes. TOUMA IS HERE!!!
I didn't like too much Touma in Index, but he sure is different when he appears in Railgun!!!

Oh yes.
He isnt different at all.
Jun 15, 2013 3:13 PM

Jun 2013
Mugino was a badass! lol at fFrenda getting scared of her and just like that the fight ended
Jun 15, 2013 3:37 PM
Dec 2012
the problem beteewn meldown arc and a railgun which one is stronger in DOA fight one hit decide everything , in here 4 arc can be divert by Misaka misaka's spark so let's see. I still favor railgun over meltdowner , electric gave her spider like mouvement and metal distraction , even if mugino can throw so many little arc with silicon staff can she win against Car's railgun ( Mass + speed + power= more powerful than little coin for sure.
Those who say Mugino the forth would win against Misaka the third diddn't trust in Tree diagram calculation and system scan , they are like sybil system they can be wrong but mostly right. I support Misaka becaus she control electron in the whole level while Mugino only focus on particle.
Touma is different because his power is magic-like so he may remain level 0 for what i care. just like you are putting the second against Accel and Misaka against the second. Trust Tree Diagram , it isn't just for show the god damn Ranking and even Mugino agree that Misaka's power have more advantage in everyday life and situation
pokpokzaJun 15, 2013 3:46 PM
Jun 15, 2013 3:43 PM
Oct 2012
oh crap that fight between 2 lvl 5s. Next week is going to be good.. TOUMA BITCHES
Jun 15, 2013 3:59 PM

Mar 2012
pokpokza said:

Those who say Mugino the forth would win against Misaka the third diddn't trust in Tree diagram calculation and system scan

No. The system scan and tree diagram's calculations have nothing to do with this. The rankings for the Level 5s have more to do with the implications of a power on research than on power. Otherwise, the power of #3, #4, and #7 wouldn't be as big a topic of debate.
Read the arguments against your point and counter them before claiming that the Tree Diagram and System Scan are absolute. We have seen time and time again in the series that they are not. Seeing as that is the only point that you are making to why Mugino is stronger, you're argument has just fallen completely.

Jun 15, 2013 4:25 PM

Mar 2012
The hero make an appearance again. He sure make more impact when apearing in Railgun.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 15, 2013 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
Yukioni said:
CreationBreaker said:
Cloudy-Sky said:
CreationBreaker said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

I think it's pretty much clear though that if they both fought at their full potential Mugino would lose.

Really? Explain because I still stand by my position that the opposite is true.

Eh... I hope you don't expect a scientific explanation but yeah. I reached that conclusion from the fact that Mugino managed to lose despite the fact that Misaka was barely able to stand. I know very well that it was cause of Frenda forgoten bombs but still. She was at full power vs a Misaka that could barely walk. That is all....

It was because she was tired and unable to use other moves like her Railgun that she used Frenda's traps in the first place. Obviously, had Frenda cleaned up her traps, Mugino would have curb-stomped Mikoto but that's not the point.

Mugino could counter each and every one of Mikoto's attacks effectively. Mugino can divert Mikoto's lightning, destroy any projectiles Mikoto would throw at her. Not to mention, a single attack from Meltdowner would destroy a Railgun. Couple that with the fact that Mugino can use 4 at once without losing control and Railgun is utterly useless. The iron sand attacks can be interfered with and destroyed by Meltdowner. If she tried what she did with the Iron Sand with Accelerator on Mugino, she would be able to dissipate the iron sand herself or use multiple Silicon Burn cards at once.

Basically, Mugino has a method to counter every one of Mikoto's tactics and in this episode, Mikoto only won because she used Fre|nda's traps. Without that extraneous factor, even in a fair fight, Mikoto would be unable to win against Mugino. At best, it would end up as a standstill or a battle of stamina. At worst, of course, Mugino would demolish Mikoto easily.

mugino can't counter all of misaka's attacks you're forgeting the railgun's speed, mugino could not even say "Haaaamaaaazuraaaa" without being blown to pieces,
and even without the railgun misaka's power is up to 2,000,000,000 voltz, and if that's not enough she can use electromagnetism to create a little kinda harmless sword or one hell of a tsunami made out of metal, even if mugino creates a shield it will be matter of time for the deathly strike coming from misaka who fought one on one with a saint

Let me just point out that Mugino wasn't exactly the perfect example of sanity when that happened. Let's remember that Mikoto still has to charge Railgun. Let's also not forget that Meltdowner is much faster than a Railgun. Not to mention, just like Mikoto was able to sense Mugino's attacks before onset, Mugino was able to do the same with all of Mikoto's lightning spears. As such, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume Mugino would have ample time to prepare for a Railgun.

Next, Mugino would be able to direct Mikoto's 1 GV Lightning Spears.
When I was referring to blocking her iron sand attacks, I was not referring to using the shield but multiple beams as a method of throwing off the Magnetic fields used for that attack.

Also, when Mikoto fought the saint (I assume you're referring to her fight with Brunhild Eiktobel in NT6), the saint held back. She never once used magic and fought purely with physical strength. While it is still an accomplishment, I am sure that if Brunhild Eiktobel fought seriously, she would wipe the floor with Mikoto.

Jun 15, 2013 6:08 PM

May 2012
I am super-happy that Touma finally super-appeared! And that super-fight between Mugino and Misaka is super awesome. And I wanna super-hug Frenda now. She is still super-cute! Tee hee..
rebelakumaJun 15, 2013 6:18 PM
Jun 15, 2013 6:46 PM

Jun 2013
Without a doubt this was one of the more enjoyable episodes and I have to say I really liked Meltdown.
And of course Misaka using Frenda’s bombs to make up for her weakened state was awesome, hitting Meltdown in the head while she was in mid-sentence lol (and kind of rude).
But what really bugged me though was when she stopped when they were on the catwalk because of Misaka’s laughing and as much as I love Misaka, Meltdown could have ended the fight right there given Misaka weaken state…oh well, but I’m pretty sure if Misaka was in the same condition as Meltdown she would have no doubt won that fight.
Jun 15, 2013 7:44 PM

Nov 2011
Lol at the doll hitting Mugino head. The part when she use the silicon burn is awesome & of course the stomach kick to Mikoto, that kind of painful.

Its okay Takitsubo, you will meet your knight in shining armor in the future ;)

Yeah TouMAN appeared at last & the story now intersect with Index Sister arc. Can't wait to see Mikoto's side in the next ep. It will be interesting to see it side by side with Index version.
Jun 15, 2013 7:58 PM

Mar 2013
Yukioni said:
CreationBreaker said:
Yukioni said:
CreationBreaker said:
Cloudy-Sky said:
CreationBreaker said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

I think it's pretty much clear though that if they both fought at their full potential Mugino would lose.

Eh... I hope you don't expect a scientific explanation but yeah. I reached that conclusion from the fact that Mugino managed to lose despite the fact that Misaka was barely able to stand. I know very well that it was cause of Frenda forgoten bombs but still. She was at full power vs a Misaka that could barely walk. That is all....

mugino can't counter all of misaka's attacks you're forgeting the railgun's speed, mugino could not even say "Haaaamaaaazuraaaa" without being blown to pieces,
and even without the railgun misaka's power is up to 2,000,000,000 voltz, and if that's not enough she can use electromagnetism to create a little kinda harmless sword or one hell of a tsunami made out of metal, even if mugino creates a shield it will be matter of time for the deathly strike coming from misaka who fought one on one with a saint

Let me just point out that Mugino wasn't exactly the perfect example of sanity when that happened. Let's remember that Mikoto still has to charge Railgun. Let's also not forget that Meltdowner is much faster than a Railgun. Not to mention, just like Mikoto was able to sense Mugino's attacks before onset, Mugino was able to do the same with all of Mikoto's lightning spears. As such, it wouldn't be a stretch to assume Mugino would have ample time to prepare for a Railgun.

When I was referring to blocking her iron sand attacks, I was not referring to using the shield but multiple beams as a method of throwing off the Magnetic fields used for that attack.

Also, when Mikoto fought the saint (I assume you're referring to her fight with Brunhild Eiktobel in NT6), the saint held back. She never once used magic and fought purely with physical strength. While it is still an accomplishment, I am sure that if Brunhild Eiktobel fought seriously, she would wipe the floor with Mikoto.

the saint actually went all out at the end since mikoto was aiming for her life, if the the meltdowner beams are faster than the railgun then there's no way someone could actually dodge them but even if it's strange everyone does, and don't forget mugino has a superiority complex and she always loses because of that. even with fair and square fight or not, mugino would not change that as long as she is the "evil" one

on what page did Brunhild state she was not holding back? i dont remember her ever mentioning that she was going all out. the only thing she did was acknowledge misaka by speaking to her, and if she did take the fight seriously i would not be surprised if misaka was splattered across the road. shes called a saint for a reason

the fight between misaka and mugino was entertaining to watch. hard to decide who would win if they were both at their best. glad to see touma finally show up signalling the incoming fight between him and accelerator. ill love to see it from misaka's point of view.
zalfuseJun 15, 2013 8:03 PM
Jun 15, 2013 8:21 PM

Sep 2011
The scientist, why, he must have been Kouta from HOTD
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 15, 2013 8:37 PM

Jun 2008
Ugh....another week of waiting.
Jun 15, 2013 8:49 PM

Jun 2008
ssjokg said:
This is what I could never understand.He has the same traits as Misaka.

No he doesn't. He is just another typical MC shounen hax weilding idiot who constantly gets into generic shounen situations and uses his "mysterious ability" to always win no matter what.

We have already seen that Mikoto can't always win.

Saves people that never asked for it?Check

This is not part of my problem with Touma...

Act stupid when their friends do something?Check

How the hell does Mikoto remotely act stupid with her friends in the same level as Touma?

This is a guy who constantly bitches about being "unfortunate" and gets into generic shounen situations which involve ecchi scenes with Index and practically every single girl he runs into.

Trusting their friends?Check.

Not a complaint I made....and almost every single anime character trusts their friends.

"hax" powers?Check.

Not even close.

We fully understand what Mikoto does, and it is explicitly known that she is the 3rd strongest esper in the whole city.

What do we know about Touma? Practically nothing. He's a LEVEL 0 who has a power that has not been fully explained and is incapable of losing no matter the situation....how is that the same as Mikoto in terms of power?

Winning with help from others?Check

This is the same as trusting their friends, almost every single anime character wins with some help.

Differences:
Sense of logic.Misaka doesnt have one,just look at all her "fights" with Touma

Really?

If anything this episode showed she can be analytically and think while battling and create winning strategies.

What the fuck does Touma do other than stick his hand out?

Nothing.

Why can't she beat Touma? for the same reason no one can beat him.
--ALEX--Jun 15, 2013 8:52 PM
Jun 15, 2013 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
JustALEX said:

Really?

If anything this episode showed she can be analytically and think while battling and create winning strategies.

What the fuck does Touma do other than stick his hand out?

Nothing.

Why can't she beat Touma? for the same reason no one can beat him.

Gonna have to stop you right there
You're just hating if you're just being another person that says ''he only sticks his hand out and punches''

God, you can even just watch his first fight to know that.

Touma has always used his head to win in his fights, he'd be long dead if he was just an idiot

Secondly he has lost fights. Tsuchimikado and Kanzaki kicked his ass.

Jun 15, 2013 9:01 PM

Mar 2012
ssjokg said:
thesnnitro said:
lovelydeath said:
thesnnitro said:
lovelydeath said:

Mugino and the rest of Item didnt know who she was.

Let's agree to disagree they knew, everyone pretty much knew she was the one attacking the facilities. That's exactly why they sent the people they did. I see your point, but I don't even have to re-watch the eps. I feel like she knew before.
Jun 15, 2013 9:09 PM

Jun 2008
Kenju said:
Gonna have to stop you right there
You're just hating if you're just being another person that says ''he only sticks his hand out and punches''

God, you can even just watch his first fight to know that.

Touma has always used his head to win in his fights, he'd be long dead if he was just an idiot

Secondly he has lost fights. Tsuchimikado and Kanzaki kicked his ass.

Like MOST shounen characters they get stronger and stronger as the series goes on and usually if the DO lose it's at the beginning.

I don't think much of him, his personality annoys me like crazy and I've already said what I think about his "ability".
Jun 15, 2013 9:16 PM

Aug 2008
JustALEX said:

Like MOST shounen characters they get stronger and stronger as the series goes on and usually if the DO lose it's at the beginning.

I don't think much of him, his personality annoys me like crazy and I've already said what I think about his "ability".

But that's the thing, Touma doesn't get any stronger
Maybe more fighting experience but not stronger
He's still incredibly weak and wins by either cleverness, tenacity or by getting help
Imagine Breaker is very powerful but it's not like it can do anything and everything

Jun 15, 2013 9:33 PM

Sep 2011
I am assuming that the top 7 level 5s are onloy known by their epiphet? Because otherwise they would be celebrities virtually.

I am starting to think that the 6th ranked level 5 has the ability to cease to be detected or something. sense of smell, sight, touch, etc.

And that it would be a shy girl, with Touma running into her by touching her breast with his "best buddy"
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 15, 2013 9:39 PM

Jun 2008
Kenju said:
JustALEX said:

He's still incredibly weak and wins by either cleverness, tenacity or by getting help
Imagine Breaker is very powerful but it's not like it can do anything and everything

Yes, he's so weak that he...

I don't buy it for a single second.
Jun 15, 2013 9:42 PM

Jan 2013
it was really awesome!! dat animation and all~~

Frenda was really comical in this ep ><

I find it funny how Mugino could still pick up the phone in the middle of a fight, lol.

The bombs shield was a lot. really something o.O shouldn't it have many other types of dolls instead the pink dolls...? not that i mind since Misaka is still a badass.

but the ost didn't mixed when that flabby scientist were hilariously threaten by Mugino, the scene was amusing.

I use to have a life until anime cames to my life[s/]
Jun 15, 2013 9:42 PM

Mar 2012
zalfuse said:
Yukioni said:
CreationBreaker said:
Yukioni said:
CreationBreaker said:
Cloudy-Sky said:
CreationBreaker said:
Cloudy-Sky said:

the saint actually went all out at the end since mikoto was aiming for her life, if the the meltdowner beams are faster than the railgun then there's no way someone could actually dodge them but even if it's strange everyone does, and don't forget mugino has a superiority complex and she always loses because of that. even with fair and square fight or not, mugino would not change that as long as she is the "evil" one

on what page did Brunhild state she was not holding back? i dont remember her ever mentioning that she was going all out. the only thing she did was acknowledge misaka by speaking to her, and if she did take the fight seriously i would not be surprised if misaka was splattered across the road. shes called a saint for a reason

You took the words right out of my mouth. Seconded. Brunhild never even made indication of going full power otherwise we would have seen more of her power, use of magic, and the prowess she demonstrated when killing the artificial Valkyries and fighting Kanzaki.

JustALEX said:

Here is the issue with that. Touma's power is grounded at a certain level. He will not get physically stronger. As such, Touma's growth is more in the aspect of shrewdness in combat as shown by Touma vs Leivinia or Touma vs Thor.

Let me count his losses for you. Kanzaki at the beginning of the series, Tsuchimikado at the end of Angel Fall (note that they are both introductory arcs which are meant to set up for later events), Acqua of the Back (more like utter thrashing at the midway point of the GRS arc), Princess Carissa (effortlessly blowing Touma away with Curtana Original), Othinus (GREMLIN's leader at beginning of the GREMLIN Arc), etc.
All of these losses were significant in terms of both his development as a fighter and as a character...well except for the one against Carissa.

JustALEX said:
Kenju said:
JustALEX said:

I guarantee you that if you shoot him with a gun, he would die (so long as you aimed at a vital point). We know that Tsuchimikado is weaker than Accelerator and Tsuchimikado beats Touma simply with hand to hand combat. So, yes. Just because he
does not make him some god.
inb4 the invisible power

Jun 15, 2013 9:48 PM

Mar 2013
JustALEX said:
Kenju said:
JustALEX said:

Touma truly is weak. the first fight between him and accelerator ended in his victory because accelerator had never met an opponent who could harm him and it un-nerved him. if he had calmed down he knew he could defeat touma yet rushed at him anyways.
the main thing that is bullshit about him is his stamina to get up after taking so many attacks. other than that touma doesnt have anything to special besides his right hand. he hasn't grown stronger just more experienced through the various battles hes been through. hell he has has his ass kicked quite a few times and most of the time he receives help from allies during his battles. that endurance is the only thing i feel is bs . if you have only watched the anime its understandable why you think hes like that, but if you have read the light novels you should have a better understanding of him. no idea if he will get stronger in the new testament light novels but touma has remained the same since the beginning except for learning from countless battles.

edit: by the way anyone who has paid greater attention to dates. does anyone know the average time span of touma being in the hospital before each fight? his injuries disappear at an insane speed at some points.
zalfuseJun 15, 2013 9:55 PM
Jun 15, 2013 9:57 PM

Feb 2009
GodlyKyon said:
I am assuming that the top 7 level 5s are onloy known by their epiphet? Because otherwise they would be celebrities virtually.

I am starting to think that the 6th ranked level 5 has the ability to cease to be detected or something. sense of smell, sight, touch, etc.

And that it would be a shy girl, with Touma running into her by touching her breast with his "best buddy"
Yep. The Level 5s are only known from the nature of their powers and their other names. Otherwise, Misaka would have been flocked with fans left and right, and she's basically the poster girl of AC's Power Curriculum. Though it's quite known that she goes to Tokiwadai though not much know her face.
Also, everyone gets shocked when they put together Electromaster + Tokiwadai uniform when people encounter Misaka so that also says something about their identity.

And #6 is a combination of him disappearing from public view that people don't even remember what his power is and Kamachi trying to make him a total mystery until he sees fit to reveal him or make him relevant to the story.
Though the famous speculation is that the #6 is Aogami Pierce. Touma trying to grope him would be...

JustALEX said:

And Tsuchimikado defeated Touma. Does that mean Tsuchimikado is stronger than Accel? NO.
Raildex isn't about powerlevels, it's about power compatibility and situational encounters. Understand that first before saying anything.
Jun 15, 2013 9:58 PM

Mar 2012
zalfuse said:
by the way anyone who has paid greater attention to dates. does anyone know the average time span of touma being in the hospital before each fight? his injuries disappear at an insane speed at some points.

Did you also notice that Touma was able to avoid being admitted to the hospital for 11 volumes before he made his gallant return with a bullet wound? That's one month! An awesome record. :P

Jun 15, 2013 10:12 PM

Mar 2013
CreationBreaker said:
zalfuse said:
by the way anyone who has paid greater attention to dates. does anyone know the average time span of touma being in the hospital before each fight? his injuries disappear at an insane speed at some points.

Did you also notice that Touma was able to avoid being admitted to the hospital for 11 volumes before he made his gallant return with a bullet wound? That's one month! An awesome record. :P

honestly i missed that o.0 i guess i became to used to his frequent visits. pretty impressive but i doubt he will ever achieve that again. also i gotta say his fight with Acqua of the Back was one of the most brutal in the entire series though it might just be the way i imagined it going. would love to see that scene animated but for now i must wait for the next episode of rail-gun since index III is probably a year or two away =/ might finally read the second rail-gun side story just to take a peek at what may happen after the sister arc.

edit: also the #6 identity isnt completely unknown it seems #5 has an idea how he looks like since she was able to tell someone was impersonating him
zalfuseJun 15, 2013 10:15 PM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2013

157 by whitebeartigtig »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2013

186 by whitebeartigtig »»
Today, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2013

243 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jun 5, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.