Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2013 3:20 PM

Dec 2009
endlessabyss said:
Have problems with the way the anime presented the arc or its entirety? Read the novel and/or do some research to get a better understanding of it. As for this arc, the anime followed the fourth volume of the novel pretty well.

No.

There's no reason to read the original material to get a better understanding.

The anime is what we judge.

The anime was... so so.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 1, 2013 3:30 PM

Apr 2011
Everything was great except Taichi x Inaba. I liked Inaba as a char a lot, but I was rooting for Iori x Taichi. Therefore, I will give this show 9/10.
Jan 1, 2013 3:39 PM

Dec 2011
im so glad!! so damn glad!! iori thought about it after the talk she had with taichi and inaba in the classroom, and while she was in her bed, about what she wanted to do.

:')

and finally!! taichi asks inaba out~!!! im loving this couple!!

overall, really good series!! im gonna miss it
Jan 1, 2013 3:40 PM
Jan 2012
atseira said:
end3rr said:
kevinZ said:
end3rr said:
Am I the only one here who didn't like the sudden change of feelings that Taichi had? I respect this show alot, I really do, it even made me rethink about the way I'm living my life right now considering all of the life events that I went through, because of these last few episodes. But I really can't respect how the world Love is just thrown around so much. Am I missing something here, I thought Taichi really loved Iori, because of all of the things that they went through, and all of the sudden, with one hit in the head he turns to Inaban. Not only that, they even talked about starting their relationship over, I understand that Taichi didn't fully know Iori when he said those words, but he still knew enough. She was going through alot of changes in her life but that should give him more reason to be there for her and he was, but suddenly everything just changed. IORI JUST WENT THROUGH SOME REALLY PAINFUL STUFF AND TAICHI AND INABAN GETS TOGETHER THAT SAME WEEK. WTF! -____- Am I the only one here who was unsatisfied with this ending!

I FEEL YOU BRO. I REALLY DO. T__T

AWESOME! I WAS SO HAPPY WITH WHERE THE SHOW WAS GOING TOO and the diff life lessons its making me realize, and then BAM. I dont know man, I'd be so depressed if I was Iori and I've been there too, just not as sudden!

I actually preferred Taichi >< Inori too even though it's not that I don't like Taichi >< Inaba. Inaba is really in love with Taichi and she's cute! But still, the anime didn't explain enough so I went to read the LN (haven't read it before) and straight to Volume 4 chapter 9. I read it from baka-tsuki.
The chapter's not really long but we could get more detail in there and more understanding. Now, I could happily ship Taichi >< Inaba without worrying Iori too much. You should read it too, end3rr. Maybe it could relieve your disappointment, just like mine.

I definitely should! Do you know of a website that translate the LNS? ^_^
Jan 1, 2013 3:41 PM

May 2008
It was okay, I guess.. Seriously, fuck Inori.. Hate her. >_>
Oh well, InabaxTachi ending, good enough.
Jan 1, 2013 3:43 PM
Jul 2012
I feel that Inaba and Taichi would do it rather quickly, because their hormones are going crazy.
Jan 1, 2013 3:49 PM
Nov 2009
jarylc said:

SPOILER (Spoiler tags render link un-clickable :()
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubQSvd1MHxU

THANK YOU. I am now downloading that scene. xD Probably one of the funniest confessions I've seen in an anime. :L Lol
Jan 1, 2013 3:58 PM

Jun 2009
WE NEEED A SEASON 2!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 1, 2013 4:30 PM
Jul 2012
Setsuna200 said:

Aren't the novels finished?
Jan 1, 2013 4:43 PM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
Setsuna200 said:

Not yet. 7 arcs total including the ones animated.
Jan 1, 2013 4:44 PM
Jul 2012
nretnaL said:
JavierR said:
Setsuna200 said:

Oh must've missed that, i thought there were only 4 novels. Well When it's translated i'll give it a go.
Jan 1, 2013 4:45 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, did the guy just really threaten them with slitting Inaba's throat over something as small as this? "We're already criminals". Yeah right, because the punishment for vandalism is about the same as that for murder. Later on the guy even came back for her, how heartless and stupid can you be?

Glad to see Iori is somewhat back. She really started to take her life into her own hands again.

And oh my god Inaba! You really worked yourself up to my favorite character list after these latest episodes! The way she reacts to Taichi - especially once Tachi actually asked her out - were amazing. 'Dereban' indeed!
I'm glad Taichi chose her, but I'm still a bit puzzled why Iori and him didn't go out in the end...

After this last arc, I'm upping my score for this from an 8 to a 9/10. The way they've dealt with feelings in this series is amazing. We never really got an explanation for these supernatural phenomena happening in the first place though.

Will we see a second season of the novels after 4 (with two new members) of this someday? I hope so...
OnyxthegreatJan 5, 2013 6:01 AM

Jan 1, 2013 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
Dereban.....HELL YEAH! Im such an inaban shipper, and Dereban just made this so much better! This series was an awesome one, and I think this was the best arc. I do feel conflicted on how the characters act in this series, but it was definatly a good watch. Inaban is SO going on my favorite characters list. And wow, that confession was AWESOME
Jan 1, 2013 4:59 PM

Sep 2012
JavierR said:
nretnaL said:
JavierR said:
Setsuna200 said:

Oh must've missed that, i thought there were only 4 novels. Well When it's translated i'll give it a go.

Only 1, 3 and 4 are fully translated at BakaTsuki. Sorry, we're kinda... busy aka slow OTZ

Onyxthegreat said:

I'm glad Taichi chose her, but I'm still a bit puzzled why Iori and him didn't go out in the end...

You can think of it as:
They've never really look at each other properly and were hurt in the process. Even if they really do love each other, there's still a gap between them from this. So they both decide it's best to let go and treasure this memory rather than continuing on with regret.

Mind you though, I don't mean they could never be together. It's just that after all the wrong turns, with all the damage they did to their relationship, it's too late to mend it (especially for Iori)
nretnaLJan 1, 2013 5:04 PM
Jan 1, 2013 5:11 PM
Apr 2011
Marow said:

You might not have to, but there will be always be people who will be unsatisfied with the way the anime is shown, and in many anime adaptions not everything is covered. What is a better way to get a better understanding/enjoy the anime? Go to its initial source and in this case the novel.

Take end3rr and atseira's conversation as an example. You can tell atseira's understood/enjoyed the anime better because s/he read the material for this arc or up to this arc.
Jan 1, 2013 5:12 PM
Jul 2012
endlessabyss said:
Marow said:

You might not, but there will be always be people who will be unsatisfied with the way the anime is shown, and in many anime adaptions not everything is covered. What is a better way to get a better understanding/enjoy the anime? Go to its initial source and in this case the novel.

Take end3rr and atseira's conversation as an example. You can tell atseira's understood the anime better because s/he read the material for this arc or up to this arc.

Okay, i've been noticing this but I haven't said anything, but it's really bothering me. How long are you going to keep deleting your post then posting it again?
Jan 1, 2013 5:14 PM
Oct 2012
HAHA INABA YESSSSSSSSSSSSS
Jan 1, 2013 5:23 PM

Jan 2011
these last 4 episodes were so good it was a long wait but it was worth it Mainly for Dereban :3 so glad everything worked out.

9/10 for the finals 8/10 for the series even if it's wishful thinking i hope they do a S2 with some new first years and have the cast as supporting characters.
Jan 1, 2013 5:32 PM
Oct 2012
katsu044 said:
these last 4 episodes were so good it was a long wait but it was worth it Mainly for Dereban :3 so glad everything worked out.

9/10 for the finals 8/10 for the series even if it's wishful thinking i hope they do a S2 with some new first years and have the cast as supporting characters.
wow thats a pretty good idea
Jan 1, 2013 5:46 PM

Nov 2009
I really really enjoyed this.

Inaba finally hooking up with Taichi was just what I hoped for. When watching the original series just the other day I was convinced it would be Iori and him considering she is the obvious choice.

But boy am I glad to have had my prayers answered for once. Ending was nice and conclusive too. I would be very happy for them to leave it here as there is no need for anything more to be said or done tbh.

When I saw the Entrance Ceremony I have to admit I was expecting Taichi's little sister to join them though lol.
Jan 1, 2013 6:07 PM

Apr 2010
i'm a bit sad for Iori in the end shi didi't find yet solution (it was as "for now just don't think about it" she still didn't found a solution ) In the end Iori back to where she started it is like it never happened! u_u
Jan 1, 2013 6:07 PM
Oct 2012
Is the whole series now ended? I dont hope so :O
Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!
Jan 1, 2013 7:02 PM

Aug 2011
Lol omg that was way too contrived, with the whole delinquent trio and the hostage knife situation. At least it ended off on a good note. I like Inaba and Taichi together. 5/10. Would've been a 4 if not for Toyosaki Aki's amazing voice acting.

GoldenBRS said:
SetsukoHara said:
Kenchiin said:
Errr... Seems like I'm the only one who didn't enjoy watching this.

You're never alone.

Me three

Hi
Jan 1, 2013 7:30 PM

Feb 2012
Liked it :D
Never expected Inaba will actually end up with Taichi ;_; <Tears of joy
But I think he might go back to Iori later...

LN readers, is season 2 possible? :)
Jan 1, 2013 7:34 PM

Jul 2011
Finally!! Please season 2 be made!
Jan 1, 2013 7:38 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Yay! My wish came true! I knew from spoilers that Inaba ends up with Taichi in the LN, but I wasn't sure if it would be the same in the anime. I'm glad they ended up together. The confession part was so adorable...I love how Taichi is kind of casual about it while Inaba freaks out because her thoughts keep transferring to him XD They are so meant to be. It was sad though, when Taichi and Iori had the talk, and said, "I'm glad I fell in love with you." But it really fits the anime because they continue to learn and grow up...it's not often that you find an anime/manga where the characters change who they like and are not awkward about it. Taichi and Iori's talk was definitely refreshing. It ended nicely~
Jan 1, 2013 8:03 PM

Aug 2012
1/10 cuz I felt in love with Inaba and Taichi took her from me : (((

*na i gave it 10/10 its very nice show! So bad they forced us to wait for this Michi Random!
Jan 1, 2013 8:14 PM

Dec 2011
This episode would have more impact if the series continued weekly!
Nice end for the series. 7/10 for me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2013 8:20 PM

Sep 2011
Was nice way to finish it up, so it eventually went into Inaba x Taichi. Not what I wanted, but after seeing this Arc it sort of makes sense and works fine for me.

Does the story continue after this? Like in the Novel.

Overall 8/10
Jan 1, 2013 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:

Yes. One arc focused on the two new characters (cameo at the end of this episode), then one arc, as Heartseed put it, "Bonus Stage", tailor-made for Taichi in preparation for one final (and long) arc that resolves the entire series and everything about those Heartseed(s).
Jan 1, 2013 8:32 PM

Oct 2011
A fantastic finish to a great anime. I was satisfied with how they concluded the final pairing. I've also had the feeling Iori wouldn't win the love war, due to her indecisiveness and her uncertainty of her own identity. Had she ended up with Taichi, it would've been an unstable relationship that probably wouldn't have lasted long. Even without my personal bias, Inaba's ultimately just a more realistic love interest because of her undying affection for Taichi.

8/10

Jan 1, 2013 8:40 PM

May 2012
Okay this little miniseries gets a 9/10 for me just because of the Taichi x Inaba ending alone! It's a real bummer though that these last 4 episodes couldn't be a part of the original series. The whole Kokoro Connect anime could've been perfect if they hadn't ended it as abruptly as they did and included these 4 episodes to finish it off. But whatever, this miniseries has washed away all bitterness and regret I had towards the original series and now I'm back to thinking it's without a doubt one of the best anime of 2012! Hopefully they make a season 2 down the road sometime. Anyway, fantastic series overall, I really enjoyed it and I hope to see more in the future. TAICHI x INABA FTMFW! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jan 1, 2013 9:30 PM

Sep 2011
nretnaL said:
Tyrel said:

Yes. One arc focused on the two new characters (cameo at the end of this episode), then one arc, as Heartseed put it, "Bonus Stage", tailor-made for Taichi in preparation for one final (and long) arc that resolves the entire series and everything about those Heartseed(s).

Ah interesting. Would love to see those animated, but not sure if that will happen from past controversy and the sales being so low.
TyrelJan 1, 2013 9:35 PM
Jan 1, 2013 10:37 PM

Jul 2009
dereban
s2where

8/10 simply cause this anime brings one hell of a unique take on slice of life. events where our inner thoughts are revealed and seeing the dynamic effects it has on those around else? brilliant.
Jan 1, 2013 10:44 PM

May 2011
Wow, I haven't had that much fun watching anime in a while. It was a short but extremely short mini-season of sorts, and I'm actually very glad this aired long after the first 13 episodes. It gave time for the appeal to settle in to be fermented into this. I'm not thinking too critically about the writing, any plot holes or drama frailties this show may have; I am just looking back at how much I enjoyed it. It sounds crazy, but I think it'd be fun to have a little Heartseed influencing my circle of friends and I.

I was not expecting Taichi and Inaban Dereban to pair up. When Taichi was in that white limbo with Iori, I thought they both died or something. That would have been a very interesting ending, tbh. This ending is fine as well, and showed that they loved each other but it was clear they were moving on. Something not seen in many romance anime nowadays. One thing I liked about the romance was it was a bit more practical. It wasn't full of idiots who didn't know what love is: it was full of teenagers who are a little hesitant because they have some creepy guy watching them and influencing their relationships through supernatural means. It was an enlightening ride, and I enjoyed the story.

I am considering picking up the manga; I'm very interested to know more.
LEGOFJan 1, 2013 10:48 PM
Jan 1, 2013 10:57 PM

Jul 2009
Aki's voice is so much win
Jan 1, 2013 11:36 PM

Aug 2010
Inaba ending YEEESSSSSSSSSS
Jan 2, 2013 1:56 AM

Mar 2011
Wow what a ride, i like how they manage the story. Their are sad,romantic and funny moments that i like. At first i was rooting for Iori but this arc made me hate Iori so now i want Inaba. Over all i enjoy all the arcs.
9/10
Jan 2, 2013 3:05 AM

Aug 2012
Over all I really liked it. I really hope that this will continue though, while there was some closure, I would not be satisfied if these were the last 4 episodes. There is still heart seed ( in the ones I watched it was Balloon Vine for some reason HA) and they sort of alluded to him still messing with them in future. Hope on!
Jan 2, 2013 3:06 AM

Dec 2009
I like being neutral and not picking sides with the Inaba or Nagase train, but the ending with Inaba was pretty good. Overall, in my opinion, the whole ending was good. These four episodes were really worth the wait.

Maybe a next season to explain how and where these heart seed guys come from and why they exist would be nice. Cause its pretty weird how they just just appear and exist out of nowhere. There should be some organization that researches them.
SimmonzJan 2, 2013 3:27 AM
Jan 2, 2013 5:37 AM

Feb 2010
Dereban ending :D
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jan 2, 2013 7:01 AM

Dec 2012
YESSSS INABA-- I mean DEREBAN! xD
that ep was so cute hnnggggh
Jan 2, 2013 7:23 AM

Oct 2009
Iori.. what a "complex" character she is.. in a very bad way.

The whole arc feels like a contradiction. For one, wasn't she the one who actually suggested Inaba to be honest and accept her feelings for Taichi? Why is she bitching about that NOW?

Onto the main note, from the previous 13 episodes, certainly, the way Iori acts certainly has it's ups and downs, but she always reverts back to her "old self", the friendly, cherry self. I know that Iori suffered familial problems where she had to act with different personalities to suit respective situations, but somehow this idea was pushed aside and ignored, only to be brought up again all of a sudden in this final arc. Seriously, Iori suddenly turning negative struck me as odd. Actually, this arc feels like a bad reuse of potential ideas they ditched.

Jan 2, 2013 8:11 AM

Sep 2008
Finally!!! After 3 months of waiting, this arc has delivered such a dramatic ending to the series. I can say this is really worth the waiting (I don't know what was lacking from the LN, but who cares? ).

I believe that controversy that brought up sometime ago seems to settle down. Now hoping for season 2...
ShoutaAzumaJan 5, 2013 6:28 AM
Jan 2, 2013 8:12 AM

May 2010
That was amazing..Totally one of my favorite anime worthy of being in top 5(current one).
Jan 2, 2013 9:08 AM
May 2012
skullheart said:
One of the thugs trying to attack the group at the end always seemed random too me. Even reading the novel and watching how it was adapted to anime, it seemed like the guy followed the group almost to school and attacked them with a pipe. Seems too random to happen

That's exactly what I'm gonna say about this!

I wonder what happen to that lousy fucker now then (One of the Jazz Band?). I'll be happy IF he finally ended up arrested then! THIS IS BULLSHIT, REALLY! I mean nobody told it about this?!

God, I really pissed about that happened!! GRRR!!I MEAN I NEVER EXPECT THAT TO HAPPEN!

Btw I can't believe it's finally ended by both Taichi & Inaba back together...

nretnaL said:
JavierR said:
Setsuna200 said:

It also had a PSP version of it called Yochi Random (?). You should try one instead.
JafriZinJan 2, 2013 9:22 AM
Jan 2, 2013 9:23 AM

Nov 2012
Jimmyowns2 said:
Tsun"dere" dere being kind/close to others, the opposite of tsun.

thanks a lot :)
Jan 2, 2013 9:30 AM

Oct 2009
What the fuck was this shit ? After 4 depressing as hell episodes they end this arc (and the show) by switching Taichi's girlfriend instead of fixing his existing relationship with Iori? DAFUQ ? 4/10.
Jan 2, 2013 9:46 AM

Dec 2010
This arc is undoubtedly the worst of the lot, it's only saving grace being the moeness of Dereban.

The strength of this show has always been its character studies and its portrayal of relationships.And yet the terrible ending is a betrayal of all the build-up in the past 13 episodes and has poisoned this series which I once loved.

For 13 episodes, we are repeatedly shown that Taichi's one true love is Iori and that he cares for her so much he is willing to be named a rapist just to save her some pain (which is stupid, but thats another story). And yet he suddenly switches to Inaban...? Fickle heart indeed. I actually like Inaban over Iori, but come on...

As for Iori, I get it that she thinks she is a horrible person inside, but how is pissing her friends off in any way better than letting them know she is a liar? Not to mention the total 360 change of personality at the very end -is she still acting goody-goody or are we seeing a miracle here?

Plus the blond baddie who only minutes before was trying to get out of a bad situation at the factory suddenly chases after them with a lead pipe with POLICE SIRENS blaring in the background...um, not the brightest bulb in the room here .

I could go on, but I think I'll save myself some heartburn. Yes, this is a rant because it hurts when one of your favourite series screws up so bad.

P.S. Taichi is a sanctimonoius, self-righteous idiot and it is truly amazing how he manages to solve complex emotional problems with a preachy speech.
Jan 2, 2013 10:08 AM

Jan 2011
A bit too much forced drama, but still good. I still hate Inaba for being a damn manipulative selfish traitor. No, no matter what, you DONT do that to your best friend. On top of being annoying tsundere, that is. Really and trully hated the ending, but thats not a valid reason to rate the otherwise great show low. Its still solid 9/10 in my book, soley cose of the stupid ending.
AlexGKJan 2, 2013 10:19 AM
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

107 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

132 by bakakisima »»
Mar 12, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect: Michi Random Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2012

118 by ShinekyOuki »»
Mar 9, 9:30 PM

» Y’all thoughts on ep 4?

WannabeWeeb_ - Aug 12, 2021

9 by Lodic »»
Aug 18, 2021 7:38 PM

» Episode 4 assault??? (SPOILER)

OahuOtaku - Jun 2, 2021

2 by RandomGuyScott »»
Jun 2, 2021 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.