Forum Settings
Forums

Anime you know is good, but dislike anyway?

New
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 17, 2012 4:48 PM
Jul 2012
good =/= popular. so stop mentioning sao everyone

anyway mine is texhnolyze
Dec 17, 2012 4:53 PM

Apr 2012
Mine is Gintama.. but as was mentioned earlier, it gets better after 10 - 20 episodes.

I have seen a lot of clips from the show and I know see that is funny, but I think right now I just don't have the time to watch it.
Dec 17, 2012 5:27 PM

Sep 2012
as big a fan as i am of studio ghibli movies. i really didnt like any of isao takahata's movies.
only yesterday and grave of the fireflies just didnt do it for me, i dont know why
Dec 17, 2012 5:45 PM

Dec 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
Chuunibyou.

AGREEEEEEEED i find chu-2byo really retarded for some reason and fuck... i hate that girl
Dec 17, 2012 5:48 PM

Sep 2012
Tarextherex said:
good =/= popular. so stop mentioning sao everyone

anyway mine is texhnolyze
But popular = good to the majority of people who saw it.

so good = popular. At least in the context of what OP is asking.
Dec 17, 2012 5:54 PM

Mar 2012
Hellsing
Dec 17, 2012 7:44 PM

Jun 2010
itsvero said:
Riptos said:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I dont know I just don't like it.

S A M E. I think it has to do with the fact that I hate brainless action without a deep plot. During the second half where all the political stuff started happening I thought it was great! But no. Then it went back to brainless action.

I completely agree, I felt that it was just too brainless. Another thing that I hate is just how they use the Gunmen; they just will it to work. It takes no real skill, no training involved, just wanting to fight really bad. I appreciate it when shounens show the characters getting stronger and improving their skills. In my eyes, the show just wanted to keep getting bigger and more over the top, which is the only reason you see Simon keep pulling out crazier and crazier attacks out of his ass. And who could forget the Gunmen inception at the end?

But on a personal note, I mainly dislike TTGL because I saw Evangelion right before it, which is its polar opposite.

I honestly think that most people who say they love the show or say it's a masterpiece is because they turn their brain off; they sit back and just enjoy the action and emotion (however hollow it may be). The show even tells you to throw away your logic, because it knows how stupid it is.
Orange_AfroDec 17, 2012 9:23 PM
Dec 17, 2012 7:51 PM

Sep 2011
FrostToaster said:
Mine is Gintama.. but as was mentioned earlier, it gets better after 10 - 20 episodes.

I have seen a lot of clips from the show and I know see that is funny, but I think right now I just don't have the time to watch it.
thats understandable, the length is a huge turn off, the fact i even started it surprises me, im glad i did but still. for that matter how the fuck did i start one piece?

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 17, 2012 8:42 PM

Oct 2011
Utena, its the lowest rated anime on my list when I know it isn't that bad, it's just that it was a really big hassle to to get through. I found it annoying and repetitive. I've seen things about 50 times dumber and I still didn't have a harder time getting through it than Utena.
Dec 18, 2012 12:09 AM

Mar 2011
Fate/Zero
Dec 18, 2012 12:17 AM

Jul 2010
Bwhahaha Code Geass, i've never even watched it but I guess hype can kill anything xD
Dec 18, 2012 12:38 AM
Jul 2018
original Evangelion.. probably
Dec 18, 2012 3:31 AM

Sep 2011
I'm sure it isn't really dislike, but don't plan to watch .. Possibly since I don't find it interesting enough.
Like, you have to copy and paste it on my HDD to make me watch them..
An example of such anime is Accel World.

I do watch season 1 for some anime, yet don't plan to watch the sequels due to them being so different than it should be, e.g. Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima.
Dec 18, 2012 5:52 AM

Nov 2010
mapotofuu said:
Death Note

realy... i just can not finish it.
Dec 18, 2012 6:08 AM

Dec 2012
Trigun and Evangelion
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Dec 18, 2012 7:13 AM

Mar 2012
Katanagatari - story is good but found it so damn boring
Chuunibyou - don't find the characters likeable enough
Dec 18, 2012 10:04 AM

Feb 2010
I criticize whatever I dislike, outside viewpoints on quality be damned.
Dec 18, 2012 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
monster
Dec 18, 2012 1:47 PM

Dec 2012
Fate Stay Night... i know it's good, but it's so boring for me, literally nothing happens in the anime until like episode 20
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Dec 18, 2012 1:51 PM
Apr 2011
Bakuman.
Dec 18, 2012 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai.

And similarly, Zero no Tsukaima.

Both involve a couple.
Dec 18, 2012 2:27 PM

Sep 2012
FLCL
Dec 18, 2012 2:37 PM

Apr 2011
TO-Y.
Dec 18, 2012 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
UpcomingDread said:
Bwhahaha Code Geass, i've never even watched it but I guess hype can kill anything xD
I'm sorry i dont care what show it is, even if its something i hate as much as code geass

But not watching a show based off hype is utterly retarded on so many levels its not even funny.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 18, 2012 5:52 PM
May 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
UpcomingDread said:
I'm sorry i dont care what show it is, even if its something i hate as much as code geass

But not watching a show based off hype is utterly retarded on so many levels its not even funny.

You mean Code Geass R2, guys? Because I heard it's become more atrocious in so many levels later on which gets me confused & makes wanna clinch my fist in anger.
Dec 18, 2012 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
Redline- Story was simple and animation was really good, can see the amount of effort put in by the producers. But not really into sci-fi and the aliens turned me off.
Dec 18, 2012 6:26 PM

Jul 2010
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
UpcomingDread said:

Hahaha! I see i've caught your attention; I meant my interest, hype has killed any interest I had in watching it.
Besides people constantly yelling out spoilers on why it is so good made it so I don't even need to watch it anyway.
Dec 18, 2012 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
Champloo :( Makes me so scared I'll dislike Bepop too, although feudal Japan was a big factor in my disliking.
Dec 18, 2012 8:35 PM
Nov 2010
Mars of Destruction
Dec 18, 2012 8:46 PM

Apr 2010
Seeing this thread, there are actually a lot of people who can't stand Death Note. I wonder why?
Dec 18, 2012 8:58 PM

Sep 2012
shellykanto said:
Seeing this thread, there are actually a lot of people who can't stand Death Note. I wonder why?
It's "sexist"
It's ridiculous
Brief yaoi undertones
They're too Hipster for anything "mainstream"
MC is a dick
Misa is obnoxious
Unrealistic
The characters' logic is too convoluted
Trivial things are blown out of proportion
Pseudo deep
Useless religious symbolism

I love Death Note, it's my favorite of all time. But it's easy to see why some people would dislike it.
Red_KeysDec 18, 2012 9:51 PM
Dec 19, 2012 5:57 AM

Jan 2010
SAO, I see the score is really high, so I consider SAO a good anime(?), but I dislike it anyway
Dec 19, 2012 6:14 AM

Oct 2012
Diebuster

I honestly dont see why people would enjoy it so when out of the given context of the current day anime industry.
Why you didn't listen, don't you want to live a real life, a life not centred around false hopes and disappointments? "Grow up", move on, you are not a kid any-more, its time to be someone. Apathy is death, worse than death.
~Self-promoting summary of EoE~

Dec 19, 2012 6:19 AM

Oct 2012
I don't understand the question. ''Which Anime you like'' <-- this is simply an opinion based question, so if I don't like some Anime then it's not a good anime, but of course it'd be different if you meant ''Anime that others like but you don't'', so I guess that's what you're asking.
Dec 19, 2012 6:25 AM

Aug 2012
Bakemonogatari and katanagari is great but many people hate it because 80% of this is talking to each other but I think that's why it is great
Dec 19, 2012 6:28 AM

Jan 2012
probably gintama
Dec 19, 2012 7:31 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Closest things I can think of are Trigun and Fullmetal Panic!
Dec 19, 2012 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
Toradora people thinks its awesome but its fucking shitty worse romance anime ever

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2012 7:58 AM

Oct 2011
Naruto
Kouta: "I thought we were friends."
Lucy: "We are friends, that's why you're still alive."
Dec 19, 2012 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
Efx said:
Naruto

lol

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 19, 2012 8:42 AM
Nov 2010
k-on
Hi
Dec 20, 2012 2:38 AM
Dec 2012
Naruto.
Dec 20, 2012 2:43 AM

Oct 2007
I don't have this kind of disconnect. If I dislike an Anime, I don't think it is good. But there are plenty of anime that other people like, that I dislike. Gintama comes to mind right away, also the aria series

Dec 20, 2012 3:16 AM

May 2012
I don't understand why so many people are having trouble understanding "anime that you know is good but you dislike." I think that Higurashi is a highly creative, original, brilliant piece of work overall, with some great ideas, however I am very impatient with shows so the whole time-loop thing didn't suit me as I found myself becoming very bored. It also has issues with explaining what the hell is going on.

Likewise, I think Toradora is a breath of fresh air in the romantic comedy genre, but all the "wah, my crush likes someone else what on earth will I do? pissed me off because I've never given a second thought to love in real life. Other teenagers will probably relate to it much more than I do. It's a matter of perspective, shows that don't "click" with you personally but are still high quality.
Dec 20, 2012 3:31 AM

Oct 2007
RarityRoyale said:
I don't understand why so many people are having trouble understanding "anime that you know is good but you dislike." I think that Higurashi is a highly creative, original, brilliant piece of work overall, with some great ideas, however I am very impatient with shows so the whole time-loop thing didn't suit me as I found myself becoming very bored. It also has issues with explaining what the hell is going on.

Likewise, I think Toradora is a breath of fresh air in the romantic comedy genre, but all the "wah, my crush likes someone else what on earth will I do? pissed me off because I've never given a second thought to love in real life. Other teenagers will probably relate to it much more than I do. It's a matter of perspective, shows that don't "click" with you personally but are still high quality.

For me, I think anime is built for enjoyment of some sort or another. If it fails to give me that enjoyment, then no matter what other good qualities it may or may not have, it failed to do its main duty and therefore is not good. For other people this may not be the case.

Dec 20, 2012 4:40 AM

May 2012
RarityRoyale said:

It's parallel world, there are alot of anime with those like Clannad and Stein's*Gate
Dec 23, 2012 6:56 AM

Jan 2012
Mirai Nikki. It got more than 8 in MAL so it is good, at least from millions of MAL users. When you thought School Days is bad and this one even worse. Calling it "shit" just don't do justice to it.
---
Dec 23, 2012 9:26 AM

Aug 2010
Most of the shows I dislike I think have a lot of good in them. but also have massive problems that make them bad. There are also a few shows like Serial Experiments Lain and Madoka Magika where I don't really like them, but I don't dislike them and think they're pretty good.
Dec 23, 2012 9:44 AM

May 2012
shellykanto said:
shit writing could also be a reason, basically.
Dec 23, 2012 9:52 AM
Nov 2010
SAO
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Why Do People Dislike Chinese Anime? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ames00 - Apr 1, 2018

416 by alshu »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you think Anime has been a net positive for humanity??

LenRea - 8 hours ago

16 by alshu »»
13 minutes ago

» Have you ever struggled to rate a show?

Jackson1333 - 1 hour ago

9 by Azuchi »»
18 minutes ago

» Misleading, out of context, or outright fake knowledge about various titles ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - Yesterday

50 by thewiru »»
23 minutes ago

» 🌸Anime Spring 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Sep 5

227 by Scavendgarr »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.