Forum Settings
Forums

What do you consider to be the most unethical job?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 28, 2011 2:05 AM

Aug 2008
Or it could mean any job is better than no job

I will live on no matter what... so I can meet you once again.
Jul 28, 2011 5:42 AM

Feb 2009
lucjan said:
AnimeKraze said:
The most unethical job is not having a job.

That's an oxymoron.

Do you understand the definition of unethical by any chance? Just wondering.

A job lacking ethics, one where unethical behaviour would not stand out, as it would be considered 'ordinary' for the job. Thus, it is why it seems defense lawyers get a lot of hate, because it is often their job, to get people in need of a fatal beating, considered innocent of their crime. All so that we can have the feeling that the actually innocent will have a fair chance of being proven innocent.

Politicians are required to say what we want them to say, even though it will often be exactly what some of us do not want said. In some cases they will need to actually lie to someone knowingly, because to tell the truth would simply accomplish the wrong goal.
Consider the current US foreign debt. Chances are the correct course of action, is likely the LAST thing any politician is interested in supporting. Because it sure won't make anyone happy. Say for instance, Obama were to say, I could ditch all the debt in 5 years, but you all get to pay the government 2000 dollars each year in addition to the usual. Would you be interested? (I just pulled that sum out of thin air by the way don't try to over examine the number).
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 28, 2011 5:50 AM

Nov 2009
all jobs always have ethics, though blue-collar jobs are most likely to have the lowest etiquette. These jobs doesn't crucially require the matters of ethics, but rather more on bodily strength or brawn.

Oh did i mention slapstick comedy actors? now that is a specific least ethical white-collar job...

Jul 28, 2011 8:29 AM

Oct 2009
AnimeKraze said:

That doesn't change the fact that what you said was an oxymoron.

Sukunai said:
lucjan said:
AnimeKraze said:

That's an oxymoron.

A job lacking ethics, one where unethical behaviour would not stand out, as it would be considered 'ordinary' for the job. Thus, it is why it seems defense lawyers get a lot of hate, because it is often their job, to get people in need of a fatal beating, considered innocent of their crime. All so that we can have the feeling that the actually innocent will have a fair chance of being proven innocent.

Politicians are required to say what we want them to say, even though it will often be exactly what some of us do not want said. In some cases they will need to actually lie to someone knowingly, because to tell the truth would simply accomplish the wrong goal.
Consider the current US foreign debt. Chances are the correct course of action, is likely the LAST thing any politician is interested in supporting. Because it sure won't make anyone happy. Say for instance, Obama were to say, I could ditch all the debt in 5 years, but you all get to pay the government 2000 dollars each year in addition to the usual. Would you be interested? (I just pulled that sum out of thin air by the way don't try to over examine the number).

You have no idea who you're even responding to, do you?

Jul 28, 2011 2:15 PM

Mar 2011
Probably a politician or lawyer.
Jul 28, 2011 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
TowardsTheStars said:
Probably a politician or lawyer.

i don't think lawyers should be put above bankers, corporate executives and economist. They are the ones mostly responsible for eating the money away from the people and creating a completely unbalanced share of money in the hand of the few. Their hands to be exact. For centuries now they get more and more power and money by making the life for other people worst and worst. They are the leeches of society.

A lawyers job can actually be a helpful thing. It's that there is unfairness on their usage. They seem to exist mostly for people with money but there are times where there presents in benevolent.
Jul 28, 2011 3:08 PM

Apr 2008
Soldiers.
Jul 28, 2011 4:26 PM

Dec 2010
Sukunai said:
lucjan said:
AnimeKraze said:

That's an oxymoron.

Well said.

Jul 28, 2011 8:40 PM

Feb 2009
lucjan said:
AnimeKraze said:

That doesn't change the fact that what you said was an oxymoron.

Sukunai said:
lucjan said:
AnimeKraze said:

That's an oxymoron.

You have no idea who you're even responding to, do you?

You have no idea what an oxymoron is. And I suspect you are clueless as well. Desolateone might even agree.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 28, 2011 9:24 PM

Oct 2009
Oxymoron as defined by the Oxford Dictionary:

"a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction"

AnimeKraze said "The most unethical job is not having a job."

Oxymoron: You can't have a job, and not have one at the same time.

Can't tell if you're trolling, or just really inept (still baffled that you replied to me with two entirely irrelevant paragraphs). Try to learn the English language first before lecturing one on it. I guess maybe it's just that "1% type" coming out of you. >_>
lucjanJul 28, 2011 9:30 PM

Jul 29, 2011 3:15 PM

Jan 2011
Retail.

Convincing people to buy stuff they don't really need. And locking them in with a credit card to buy more stuff they don't really need.
Jul 31, 2011 6:25 PM

Jun 2011
Selling out your body.
It's just so...Wrong.
Jul 31, 2011 8:15 PM

Jun 2008
You know, I think I was going to say assassins/hitman ever since the thread came out, but I never did. I thought it wasn't an official profession to be stated here.

But now that I see all kind of random jobs being listed, what do you think about assassins?

To me they were always the most amoral job out there. Probably should've not said "most", since amoral is simply without morals. But compared to like, politicians, lawyers, retail salesman, prostitution? Assassins seem a lot worse.

Since people seem to equate ethics with morality, I ask again, what do you think about assassins?
Jul 31, 2011 8:51 PM

Jun 2008
Tachii said:
You know, I think I was going to say assassins/hitman ever since the thread came out, but I never did. I thought it wasn't an official profession to be stated here.

But now that I see all kind of random jobs being listed, what do you think about assassins?

To me they were always the most amoral job out there. Probably should've not said "most", since amoral is simply without morals. But compared to like, politicians, lawyers, retail salesman, prostitution? Assassins seem a lot worse.

Since people seem to equate ethics with morality, I ask again, what do you think about assassins?

Isn't assassins something similar with soldiers? And they maybe a lot worse than lawyers, pimps, retail salemen etc but certainly not worse than politicians, bankers, corporate heads etc.
Those guys may not kill using there own hands but they certainly are responsible for massive numbers of deaths and suffering. More than any assassin will be able to make in his life time.
Jul 31, 2011 9:42 PM

Jan 2009
politicians are worst than a mafia godfather.
Aug 24, 2011 11:09 PM

Jan 2010
AnimeKraze said:

it say 'job' dude, not having a job is not a job
Aug 25, 2011 5:26 AM

Jun 2011
-ketchup- said:
Raja said:
no such thing as an unethical job
only unethical people

Aug 28, 2011 1:28 AM

Nov 2010
hmmm id have to say any job CAN be unethical but for MOST unethical id have to go with con artist....gotta be pretty fuckin cold hearted to do some of that...i mean really? scammin a lady that just lost her husband of 45 years id feel like an ass even considering it
The ability to change everything you come in contact with is something everyone has, its just that so many don't comprehend(or choose to ignore) that that makes them personally responsible for...well just about everything.
Aug 28, 2011 7:14 AM

Aug 2011
lawyer
one of the only jobs where you have to go against your beliefs to perform.
Aug 28, 2011 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
Anything that involves the abuse or killing of innocent creatures, whether animals or humans. Nothing is as despicable as that. People who can actually work in a slaughterhouse or make experiments on animals and still manage to sleep at night are heartless bastards who are not worthy of living.

Foggle said:
Serial killers/rapists.
How is that a job...?

Yukiteru said:
Doctor.
So now curing diseases and saving lives is unethical. I see.

Mystere said:
I'd say drug dealers are the worst. They make a living by messing up other people's lives.
I disagree about this non-sense. People who visit a drug dealer are there because they want to buy drugs, not because they are forced to. It's like claiming that cigarettes-sellers are the worst because they give people cancer. Customers are free to buy what they want. If there weren't drug abusers, there wouldn't be drug dealers.

Watching, waiting, commiserating
Aug 28, 2011 3:50 PM

May 2011
The first one that comes to mind is a doctor. (Thank you very much, Monster).

...Sorry, Dad. ^_^V
Aug 28, 2011 3:57 PM

Dec 2008
Aug 28, 2011 5:12 PM

Sep 2008
Preachers/priests that are total hypocritical hatemongers rank up there pretty high to me.
Aug 28, 2011 5:21 PM

May 2010
RenaPsychoKiller said:

Yukiteru said:
Doctor.

Have you seen Monster?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 28, 2011 6:29 PM

Dec 2010
Confucius said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:

Yukiteru said:
Doctor.

Have you seen Monster?

I imagine most doctors would save far more 'normal' people than they would Johans. I think the good outweighs the bad, if it can be called that.

I'd also doubt the inclusion of lawyers, since I think it more unethical not to allow people any representation in court, and as for animal slaughterers...just no.
Aug 28, 2011 10:35 PM

Apr 2011
There are no unethical jobs, just unethical methods of doing it. While there are bad priests, doctors and lawyers out there, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of them are unethical.
Aug 29, 2011 9:11 AM
Jul 2010
Yakuza (Mafia), Drug Dealers, Terrorists..Dunno if that could be called a job, but well, you know.
Aug 29, 2011 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
"There are no imperial morals and ethics."
-Anyone with half a brain.

I'll just leave this here.

Now If you refer to group morals ( morals established by a group of individuals ) then I'd say killers and rapists.
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars"
-Carl Sagan
Aug 29, 2011 10:07 AM

Jun 2008
Darkwatcher said:

Now If you refer to group morals ( morals established by a group of individuals ) then I'd say killers and rapists.

Because obviously killers and rapist get payed every month for their hard work.
Aug 29, 2011 10:45 AM
Jul 2010
Monad said:
Darkwatcher said:

Because obviously killers and rapist get payed every month for their hard work.

How much?
Aug 29, 2011 11:03 AM

Aug 2011
Irish banker/government official
Aug 29, 2011 12:45 PM

Mar 2009
Politician
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Aug 29, 2011 12:51 PM

Jul 2011
Lawyer.

It really doesn't matter anything as long as you win.
Aug 29, 2011 12:54 PM

Aug 2011
Outsider354 said:
Lawyer.

It really doesn't matter anything as long as you win.

"When there's a monkey that's smarter than all the other monkeys, that one will be the best lawyer."
Aug 29, 2011 5:07 PM

Aug 2011
Social workers/Social services, separating children from the parents.
Aug 29, 2011 5:25 PM

Jul 2009
hmm i'd say... black market traders, human traffickers, distributors/manufacturers of illegal drugs and being a religious leader who uses false information to leech off money from the members of his church.
Aug 29, 2011 5:52 PM

Apr 2011
rooshon said:
Social workers/Social services, separating children from the parents.

Are you freaking kidding me? You realize that the reason they do that is for the safety of the child, right?

Until you go through what I've gone through during my childhood, you have absolutely no business talking about social workers like that.
Irony-DreamAug 29, 2011 5:56 PM
Aug 29, 2011 8:25 PM
Jul 2011
Wow I can't believe I forgot a corrupt religious leader. Good one.

I guess I'll modify my previous list to CEO of a natural resource industry, politicans, soldiers, some religious leaders, some bankers, lobbiests.
Aug 31, 2011 12:39 PM
Aug 2011
I agree with Sora_N. I'm not a religious person, so maybe my opinion is biased, but I think these guys commit the greatest crime I can think of; they don't fight ignorance. This is the root of all evils. Instead of trying to bring enlightenment to people, they usually keep adhering to ancient visions of life, stupid dogmas and preconceived ideas that have no place today. The discriminatory vision of homosexuality, abortion issues, and creationism are examples of this.
Sep 2, 2011 8:58 PM

Jun 2007
Honestly, I think almost every job has both unethical and ethical sides of it and choosing the most unethical one is impossible. I work in the trading industry (yes I am a speculative commodity trader) but I can honestly say that the good we do far outweighs the bad. However, that doesn't mean that my job doesn't harm some people while helping others. But that is practically any job in the world.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.