Forum Settings
Forums

Hirano Aya Discloses Her Love Affairs: Its Aim and Outcome

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 6, 2010 12:09 PM

May 2009
If she wants to move away from being a Seiyuu thats alright with me, but if she starts refusing to do her existing roles, (like say a new Haruhi or Lucky Star project gets stuck in limbo because of her being uncooperative) then I will RAEG.
Aug 6, 2010 12:41 PM

Apr 2008
- It's nice that she is finding love

- I hope she's not dating guys at the same time (it did say "in love with a man" right?)

- She's strong for being able to handle the stupid comments

- This doesn't change my opinion on her.

- I was gonna say "why is this news?" but nevermind ;p

- She reminds me of Lindsey Lohan or some other over-hyped celeb. Or Madonna?
Reminds me of Hayashibara Megumi too. I think Megumi is really good, but during the prime of their career, they made a giant entertainment (or anime?) boom that drives me nuts. (see Animage.jp)
Aug 6, 2010 12:47 PM

Oct 2007
OH MY GOD, a female celebrity ENJOYS SEX AND ISN'T MONOGAMOUS!

Ugh. Wonder when the fanboys are going to start demanding she wear a red A in public.
Aug 6, 2010 12:53 PM

Nov 2008
So Aya is a slut, that's ok because even sluts have good hearts.

hyattisqueen said:
OH MY GOD, a female celebrity ENJOYS SEX AND ISN'T MONOGAMOUS!

Ugh. Wonder when the fanboys are going to start demanding she wear a red A in public.

Those fanboys should like their idols for their personality, interests, etc. and not purity and all that crap.

Aug 6, 2010 1:06 PM

Dec 2009
I think the main problem isn't whether or not she's slutty or not - the fact of the matter is that she's making a career change (definitely Haruhi-esque) So ignoring the raging, the main point is that we won't be hearing much of her voice in anime again.
Aug 6, 2010 1:06 PM

Jan 2010
I don't understand the fascination people have with interfering in celebrity's lives. They're people just like us so obviously they're going to have relationships with other people. Why would you hate on them for having boyfriends or girlfriends when you don't even know them personally...
Aug 6, 2010 1:08 PM

May 2010
I just added her to my favorites, I don't care who she dates as long as she does great voices (Konata FTW), but it's great that she actually goes public with it since most celebrities tend to keep everything personal about them secret. Thumbs up!
Aug 6, 2010 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
Azure_Shockwave said:
LOL, DURAMA.

Removing her from favorites? Nonsense.

I've never cared about any seiyu's private life. The reason seiyus should be added to the favorites is because of their voice, and not because of their personal life. And as long as Hirano Aya continues to do a good job voice acting, then I see no reason to remove her; however, if she really does plan on leaving the seiyu business...

This.
Aug 6, 2010 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
You know, I liked her for her role in Haruhi and LS, but as of lately, she hasn't been doing anything that impresses me.

Anyways, I agree, it's her personal life. If she f's it up, she has no one to blame but herself. However, what annoys me is that she went on TV to discuss this. If this really is her "personal" life, then why disclose it to the public? I thought the whole reason why it's called a "personal" life is because it's private. Unless of course, she just happens to be an attention whore...

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 6, 2010 1:28 PM

Jun 2007
Lol...So much rage coming from people...
Aug 6, 2010 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
sorry, but humans make mistakes

I will not get her off my favorites list

throw the first stone who never did anything like
Aug 6, 2010 2:09 PM

Nov 2008
Sabion said:
Lol...So much rage coming from people...

Some Japanese Otaku are mad and even if there's a slightest hint of lack of purity from VAs and Idols, they hate them forever. Also if a 2D character isn't pure they try to destroy the studio the anime was made and shun the character.

It's like oh [insert character] had a backstory with rape, let's band together to bomb the studio.

Just sad

Aug 6, 2010 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
A man dating several girls at the same time doesn't cause all this commotion, But why when a woman does it she becomes a slut?..... Society is trully sexist...
Aug 6, 2010 3:01 PM

Feb 2008
As a person who often refers to someone he knows as a whore, I don't think slut properly suits Hirano. I mean, yes she did have two men but a slut (in my opinion) is someone who constantly sleeps around. She was not faithful but she was not a slut.

And now seriously, there's a thin line between fandom and fandumb, but there's a brick wall between fandom and obsession. Whether they approve of what she's doing or not, threats are far into the obsession side of this. It's funny that I clicked this thread solely to see if she got threatened. It's scary to know that I knew she would.

As far as removing her from my favorite list goes, I won't. I'm too lazy to do it for one, but I never added her because I like any of her roles (I in fact hate the character types of the more well known roles Lucy, Haruhi, Konata). I'm not much of a fan of her music either. I just thought she was cute, of course, that is my superficial side showing.
DamonashuAug 6, 2010 3:40 PM
Aug 6, 2010 3:03 PM

Mar 2009
CursedBlood said:
A man dating several girls at the same time doesn't cause all this commotion, But why when a woman does it she becomes a slut?..... Society is trully sexist...

I agree with that!

HieiYoukay said:
sorry, but humans make mistakes

I will not get her off my favorites list

throw the first stone who never did anything like

This too.

Aug 6, 2010 3:36 PM

Feb 2008
SoFarGone said:
Japanese people take a chill pill plz.

For the sake of her more rational Japanese fans I must object to this post. While it is true that there has been more than one case of otaku going bat-shit crazy when they hear something they don't like, they are not the only ones who are like that.

Case in point is Kim Kardashian (or however you spell her name), getting threatened by Justin Bieber fans because he jokingly said that she was his girl.

Then there's twilight fans. As much as I hate the series, the writers, the characters, the fans, the... this could go on forever so I'll move on. I feel sorry for the actors when one of them (Robert Pattinson) gets chased into a busy street by rabid fans who adore him, despite how vocal he has been about his utter hatred for the series and the character he plays.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are living in a Dark world where calling yourself a fan is more like a stigma than a sign of support.
DamonashuAug 6, 2010 5:01 PM
Aug 6, 2010 3:46 PM

Aug 2009
Zolstyx said:

...just curious, has she seen Perfect Blue?

This. x)
Aug 6, 2010 3:51 PM

Nov 2008
Damonashu said:
SoFarGone said:
Japanese people take a chill pill plz.

For the sake of her more rational Japanese fans I must object to this post. While it is true that there has been more than one case of otaku going bat-shit crazy when they hear something they don't like, they are not the only ones who are like that.

Case in point is Kim Kardashian (or however you spell her name), getting threatened by Justin Bieber fans because he jokingly said that she was his girl.

Then there's twilight fans. As much as I hate the series, the writers, the characters, the fans, the... this could go on forever so I'll move on. I feel sorry for the actors when one of them (Robert Pattinson) gets chased into a busy street by rabid fans who adore him, despite how vocal he has been about his utter hatred for the series and the character he plays.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are living in a Dark world where calling yourself a fan is more like a stigma then a sign of support.

Bad times are approaching.

Aug 6, 2010 3:55 PM

May 2007
She voices cartoon characters, why do people care so deeply about who she's screwing?

❝goodbyes are always hard, no matter how you might try to make them easier.❞

Aug 6, 2010 4:05 PM

Nov 2008
Yowane said:
She voices cartoon characters, why do people care so deeply about who she's screwing?

Because overly obsessed otaku want both 2D anime characters and real life idols and VAs to be pure and faithful especially females.

Aug 6, 2010 4:09 PM

Nov 2008
Rara-Tan said:
Zolstyx said:

...just curious, has she seen Perfect Blue?

This. x)

I doubt it, poor Aya will be scarred for life and paranoid once she watches that.

Aug 6, 2010 4:26 PM

Jan 2009
I think I'll never understand why some fans are such "fanatics" who don't care about serious things, really ;<
Aug 6, 2010 4:51 PM

Apr 2009
OMG i must put on YouTube a video how i destroy all Konata's and Haruhi's figures !!!!

for sake of diehard fans !!!

Go find a girl friend instead of whining on something stupid !!! of course is she dating and fucking around !!! Just get over it !!!
Aug 6, 2010 4:55 PM

Mar 2008
Think people are hating on the wrong person. How's about a manhunt for this person she loves? He's obviously corrupting her.
Aug 6, 2010 4:56 PM
May 2010
Bunny-kins said:
Azure_Shockwave said:
I've never cared about any seiyu's private life. The reason seiyus should be added to the favorites is because of their voice, and not because of their personal life.

+1

Aug 6, 2010 5:03 PM

Feb 2008
Yowane said:
Not that it answers your question, but she's also a model and singer too.
Aug 6, 2010 5:27 PM

Dec 2009
Well, I'm not a fan of seiyuus, I'm a fan of the characters.

'sides, 2D is superior, am I not correct!? xD
Aug 6, 2010 5:36 PM

May 2010
She did play Layla in NANA.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 6, 2010 6:16 PM

Jul 2009
LOL, never like her before so yeah doesn't change anything,
Aug 6, 2010 6:33 PM
Mar 2010
I still think she is an ugly whore with an annoying voice, anyway.
Aug 6, 2010 6:44 PM
Mar 2008
You guys are ridiculous. I don't give a shit if she's a slut doing 40 guys a day. I like her for her professionalism in all she does. What she does with her life is her business. Grow up chaps. Get your own girl/guy and mind your own business.
I mean, who the fuck are you and what the fuck do you guys know about life to be judging other's...

You make me ashamed of sharing the same community.
Good thing I'm here for the usefulness of the site itself.

Aask yourself you fucktards! Why the fuck do you know her? From her fucking JOB not for her fujcking shags! Why do you fav her? For her fucking JOB not for her fucking shags! And now you hate her and her WORK for her fucking shags?

Over half of you prolly did WORSE for less than HALF the reason she did.

It revolts me and it saddens me but... You're nothing but hypocrites.
Aug 6, 2010 6:47 PM
Mar 2008
Mr-Freeman said:
Think people are hating on the wrong person. How's about a manhunt for this person she loves? He's obviously corrupting her.

Uhm... it's her lack of caracter that's at faultm IF she's being corrupted at all. I don't think she's that stupid... she's grown up and know's right from wrong. That being her own business at all times...
Aug 6, 2010 7:20 PM

Nov 2008
So what's the big deal? She does her job well. Her Life, Her Choice.
Aug 6, 2010 7:25 PM

Jun 2009
RedSapphire said:
So what's the big deal? She does her job well. Her Life, Her Choice.

I can't agree more, although I wonder why does this make news. How are we supposed to feel about her love life? Why is this news, should we care about her personal life?

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Aug 6, 2010 8:03 PM

Nov 2007
She dated oldermen at the same time? Whoa, whoa, whoa. Sad, she's leaving but no loss really. It's not like KyoAni's gonna make another Haruhi anyways.

Aug 6, 2010 8:45 PM

Jun 2009
nippah said:
i blame the manager, Hirano Aya is faultless!!! hahaha..after all, she is God...and a damn well good leader of the SOS!!

*facepalm*
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Aug 6, 2010 8:58 PM

Feb 2009
I don't think it's ever occurred to me that seiyuu are real people.
Aug 6, 2010 9:13 PM

Jun 2009
londo said:
And who cares if she dates older or younger guys? Couldn't care less even if she had an entire harem. She's just a good seiyuu, it's not like we're gonna marry her or something. People who think otherwise, I got news for you. GET A LIFE!
Aug 6, 2010 10:17 PM

Dec 2008
BigSimo said:
why would anyone add hirano aya to their favorites for her voice? i was under the impression that those thousands of favorites were because she's a slut and people dig that

In fact that´s the real reason
Aug 6, 2010 11:07 PM

Oct 2009
Lordcrab86 said:
nippah said:
i blame the manager, Hirano Aya is faultless!!! hahaha..after all, she is God...and a damn well good leader of the SOS!!

*facepalm*

lol, read the sarcasm~
Aug 7, 2010 2:29 AM

Sep 2007
Hey ...
I can't be one of the 50 guys she dating ?
It's not a problem for me personnally. :D
She can do what she want with her ass.
It's her possession. XD
Aug 7, 2010 4:21 AM

Oct 2009
She dated oldermen at the same time? Whoa, whoa, whoa. Sad, s
underMebius said:
She dated oldermen at the same time? Whoa, whoa, whoa. Sad, she's leaving but no loss really. It's not like KyoAni's gonna make another Haruhi anyways.

?? guess who will be the seiyuu idol?
maybe the k-on!! seiyuu ar the next.
juz my opinion though
Aug 7, 2010 4:26 AM

May 2008
Honestly the first thing I thought of right after I read the news was...
"Dang, I wish I was one of those guys" XD
(note: laughing at myself)

Seiyuu Life: Love her characters

Personal Life: That's her life and we really shouldn't give rude comments especially if we don't know what really happens in her personal life (*points at self thinking I don't mind being a part of her life though XD* )

hehe... now I know I'm bored...
mungAug 7, 2010 11:38 PM

Aug 7, 2010 8:35 AM

Feb 2008
Good for her :)
Aug 7, 2010 4:59 PM

Jan 2009
What limited bastards. D: I find this unnecessary to discuss.
Aug 7, 2010 5:27 PM

Mar 2008
This thread is excellent if you want to be able to distinguish female MAL users from male MAL users without having to look at their profiles.
Aug 7, 2010 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
Fui said:
This thread is excellent if you want to be able to distinguish female MAL users from male MAL users without having to look at their profiles.

I say this thread is useless and we shouldn't care so what gender does that make me?
Aug 7, 2010 6:51 PM

Jun 2009
What she doesn't know is that in fact the otakus have been going out with her in their minds for about 2 years straight. This is betrayal at its best haha.
Aug 7, 2010 7:22 PM
May 2010
HU cares?!
Aug 7, 2010 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
Does this really count as news?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

17 by Playcool »»
9 minutes ago

» Voice Actress Eiko Masuyama Dies at 89

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by Haneken2086 »»
44 minutes ago

» 'Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san' Manga Ends in Three Chapters

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by Ionliosite2 »»
1 hour ago

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - May 26

16 by Tokoya »»
3 hours ago

» New 'Keroro Gunsou' Anime Project Announced

DatRandomDude - Mar 31

13 by LuminousXstar »»
Yesterday, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.