Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Ishura
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 4, 5:36 PM
Jan 2016
Reminded me a worrying amount of Kingdom of Ruin, that show was an absolute trainwreck. The only saving grace was that it was like a highschooler wrote it during match class and that aspect was hilarious.

The action was fine, but there was no real story this episode. At best they gave some hints of lore about the world and showed some screenshots of people and told us they were important.

There wasn't any depth to it and action without stakes or investment is just flashing colors, it can be fun for a bit but it didn't lay a foundation for the future, at best we got a look at building plans from a weird angle and out of the corner of our eye.
Jan 4, 5:41 PM
Jan 2016
Reply to Metrona
My biggest concern, applified by how many volumes the ln took to introduce everyone, is I don't think we are getting into big part anytime soon cause theyre doing a chapter per episode it seems so there's so we are going to spend like the entire season being introduced to the characters lol
@Metrona Oof, that sort of format could maybe work better in something that you can breeze through but tiny intros getting full episodes sounds like a recipe for disaster.

By the time any depth or aspect to latch onto is developed it sounds like the season will be over. Even if the story gets good, this sounds like it's going to be a painful S1 at the least.
Jan 4, 6:47 PM

Feb 2011
maybe it was the free source i got it from.. but holy SHIT the subs were awful.

If striking daughter is the worst anime of all time, this is the worstly subbed anime of all time.

Jan 4, 7:00 PM
Feb 2021
holy moly episode
Jan 5, 12:01 AM
Oct 2023
what a banger start.

is he supposed to be Kirito? then there's Overlord dude and the spider woman character
Jan 5, 12:25 AM
Sep 2018
Reply to CalorieEnchilada
@Metrona Oof, that sort of format could maybe work better in something that you can breeze through but tiny intros getting full episodes sounds like a recipe for disaster.

By the time any depth or aspect to latch onto is developed it sounds like the season will be over. Even if the story gets good, this sounds like it's going to be a painful S1 at the least.
@CalorieEnchilada
Actually the anime will only cover volume 1 of the novel.
It may take ~4 episodes to mainly introduce characters and it is also the begining of a big event, then there will be a war and they start to fight from 2 sides
bbjajddJan 5, 11:27 PM
Jan 5, 12:37 AM

Jan 2013
It has gore and epic and decent animation. What elso do we need?
Jan 5, 1:03 AM

Nov 2022
The main thing I liked about this first episode is that the animation was done in a way that made me feel how heavy and massive that huge golem was. The beam attack seemed way more destructive than some other versions of basically the same attack in other shows.

Only a bit a world building so far but I'm liking it.
Jan 5, 1:45 AM

Dec 2018
That was brutal; I'd like to say it all worked out in the end but 10s of thousands of people died so not so much.
Jan 5, 2:39 AM

Jul 2022
Embient said:
Thank god Notepad auto-saves stuff, there was a power outage here and it saved my comment.

WHAT THE HELL THIS IS BRUTAL
Oh, this has eyecatches with info like AOT! This is so damn cool. The red highlighted letters may mean something. They didn't translate them though, wtf. Maybe I'll try translating them.
永禄 (eiroku) - a Japanese era that lasted from February 1558 to April 1570. Eiroku 8 is 1565.
I wonder why is 黄都 (kouto) - "yellow/golden capital" is translated as "Aureatia". This seems to be the case in the LN too, and from Google searches, it doesn't appear to be a real word.
修羅 (shura) - Asura; demigod; anti-god; titan; demigods that fight the Devas (gods) in Hindu mythology. The 異 (i) in 異修羅 (ishura) means "uncommon, different".
The OP visuals are awesome! And there is a scene after it.
This was absolute fire! This got me really interested, and I think the CGI looks good. So this is like isekai+fantasy+sci-fi. Now we wait for the story of the second one.

EDIT:
This week's eyecatch:

Golems (written as "machine demon")
Demons made using non-living materials.
To a varying degree, they have a mind, intelligence and life, and if they have the ability to pronounce, they can use Word Arts too.
"Life" is given to them using the "Word Arts of Life", and if it gets damaged, they "die".

Word Arts of Life
A Life Seal is located in different positions on each one, and identifying it from outside is extremely difficult.

Please tell me if you find any mistakes, or find something hard to understand.

Thank you for translating the eye catches. I love getting little bits of relevant lore in shows like this. I do hope you continue to do more eyecatch translations as the show progresses, I'd definitely follow along for the ride.
Jan 5, 3:22 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Kizna_Towryk
Embient said:
Thank god Notepad auto-saves stuff, there was a power outage here and it saved my comment.

WHAT THE HELL THIS IS BRUTAL
Oh, this has eyecatches with info like AOT! This is so damn cool. The red highlighted letters may mean something. They didn't translate them though, wtf. Maybe I'll try translating them.
永禄 (eiroku) - a Japanese era that lasted from February 1558 to April 1570. Eiroku 8 is 1565.
I wonder why is 黄都 (kouto) - "yellow/golden capital" is translated as "Aureatia". This seems to be the case in the LN too, and from Google searches, it doesn't appear to be a real word.
修羅 (shura) - Asura; demigod; anti-god; titan; demigods that fight the Devas (gods) in Hindu mythology. The 異 (i) in 異修羅 (ishura) means "uncommon, different".
The OP visuals are awesome! And there is a scene after it.
This was absolute fire! This got me really interested, and I think the CGI looks good. So this is like isekai+fantasy+sci-fi. Now we wait for the story of the second one.

EDIT:
This week's eyecatch:

Golems (written as "machine demon")
Demons made using non-living materials.
To a varying degree, they have a mind, intelligence and life, and if they have the ability to pronounce, they can use Word Arts too.
"Life" is given to them using the "Word Arts of Life", and if it gets damaged, they "die".

Word Arts of Life
A Life Seal is located in different positions on each one, and identifying it from outside is extremely difficult.

Please tell me if you find any mistakes, or find something hard to understand.

Thank you for translating the eye catches. I love getting little bits of relevant lore in shows like this. I do hope you continue to do more eyecatch translations as the show progresses, I'd definitely follow along for the ride.
@Ailes_Grises Understood o7
Gonna keep translating them every week! This will be fun.
Jan 5, 5:12 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
What is this anime, idk, guess it can't hurt to check it out....

... YO THIS SLAPS

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 5, 5:52 AM

Sep 2016
the best ep.1 of thee season so far. don't careabout story, just need more HQ action.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 5, 8:00 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to winddevil1
@Amaterasu803
yes, that's why i expected to dislike it, but i also wasn't sure, so felt like checking (like i said, only like 3 anime this season so far at that moment and i watched the other 2), maybe it would change my mind ... but yeah, it didn't lol
@winddevil1 yea I don’t think there are many good shows this season, although I am looking forward to the witch and the beast. I think it’ll be good. (Don’t recommend, super dark)
Jan 5, 9:39 AM

Jan 2008
Action was good enough. I didn't mind the robot visuals too much but the opening already shows a handful of pretty unappealing cg characters, hoping they won't be worse on screen once we get to them.
Jan 5, 9:42 AM

Jul 2011
I like it so far. Dark atmosphere, good action scenes, mcs look ok, and it is interesting what kind of world is that and what will happen next.
So, fingers crossed :)
Jan 5, 12:17 PM
Jul 2022
It was a painfully average experience
Jan 5, 1:07 PM

Jun 2012
I particularly liked the ending and that darkness in Yuno's face.
Jan 5, 3:03 PM
Jun 2021
Started watching this anime on a limb and its not bad at all! Very promising first episode.
Jan 5, 6:42 PM

Aug 2023
I Liked the story and the animation, First I thought that this whole anime will be CGI but it wasn't to I was relieved.

Looking forward to it.
Jan 5, 7:40 PM

Nov 2014
I'm 5 min into this and omg wtf that was brutal

「 俺を誰だと思っていやがる!」
嵐仙人
Signature | Transience

Jan 5, 11:07 PM

Dec 2019
First Episode showed us the first two Protagonists of the Show, it looks interesting so far, even tho i don't completely understand the thought process of Yuna lol
"Abandoning your uniqueness is equivalent to dying"

Jan 6, 12:04 AM

Sep 2021
It was pretty good.
Jan 6, 12:40 AM

Dec 2012
HOLY... It reminds me of Elden Ring

Jan 6, 1:46 AM
Oct 2020
This first episode made me a little confused because of the rushed way it was explained. However, the story is quite interesting and the animation is good.
Jan 6, 3:42 AM

Dec 2016
With no background or context going in here, wasn’t sure if this was going to head down some shoujo-ai route… until her crush’s arms and legs were getting ripped off.

At least it now feels a bit like a car crash I will need to keep watching…
Jan 6, 4:44 AM

Aug 2017
Another one where I'll have to see the next 2 episodes to decide whether it'll have a permanent place in my watch list. Setting seems interesting and this will be adventure which is good.
Jan 6, 6:15 AM

Jul 2020
watching that girl get torn limb from limb actually made me sick. too needlessly cruel for my tastes and doesnt bode well for the rest of the series
KaikaidouJan 13, 7:02 AM
Jan 6, 9:02 AM
Mar 2019
it looked like to watch the first episode of attack on titan but with robot instead of giants and two lesbian girls.
Jan 6, 3:08 PM

Jan 2018
this was much better than I thought. I was expecting to drop this pretty much immediately but I am geniunely intrested. Battle of op isekai protagonist and op native magicians with each other seems to be the premise. It is brutal tho. Passione really does know how to make something stand out
Jan 7, 3:22 AM

Jul 2019
heh, they surpassed my expectation with the first episode. Animation was alright, but good composition and effects made the cgi golems less painful to watch.
I normally don't trash on adaptation before watching it, but I really was skeptical for this one. It rarely happens that things I read get a good adaptation. So far, Yuno/Soujiro's introduction was spot on.
Jan 7, 10:23 AM
May 2015
This actually looks like it could be good as long as they don't spend 10 Episodes introducing new chars every week. I'm also a bit concerned about the CGI in the PVs. Episode 1 was great visually, but the dragon in the PV looked horrible.
Jan 7, 11:00 AM

Jul 2022
I'm really hoping this show turns out to be a hit, it has all the signs of one. The unknown episode count and the fact is in Disney jail is worrying, but let's hope this slow start is just a hiccup.
Jan 7, 10:22 PM

Mar 2013
A beautiful girl got killed in the first episode... lol?!

Weird for Passione to do something like this.

Anyway, interesting perspective.
Instead of "from the people getting isekai'd", we get the perspective from "the people living in that world". The story caught my attention quite well than the rest of the series getting adapted for this season.

I wouldn't call this series dark, probably grim.
Yuno's heart is dark though. She's strong as well and she could've saved her friend but she didn't for her personality is... in the end, EVIL.
CrazyButNot4UJan 7, 10:26 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 7, 10:24 PM

Jan 2014
Whenever an anime offers differents worlds and strange powers even VAs can't pronounce correctly we know it's gonna be bad.

Gonna watch a couple more episodes. Not expecting much, though.
Jan 7, 11:25 PM
Jul 2021
Quite impressive blending of 2D and 3D elements. Great fantasy setting which reminds me of Dark Souls series especially the brief intro to legendary bosses. Aside from Dungeon Meshi, this is a pleasant surprise. Hope the show keeps up the overall quality.

The only downside noticeable for me is the casual/lazy intro to Yuno's city, but since it's totally destroyed in the first episode, I guess it doesn't matter after all. LOL.
Jan 8, 7:49 AM
Jul 2009
can't believe this is averaging at a low 7.

Good fight animations, that's basically movie quality.

Although the story probably won't be interesting besides it just being action
Jan 8, 6:03 PM
Apr 2019
curios to see where this goes.
Jan 8, 6:48 PM
May 2021
That yuri ship got torpedoed really hard.
Jan 9, 10:46 AM
Nov 2023
Lacks a frim grasp of storytelling fundamentals. Going to watch more because there is an interesting hook.
Jan 9, 1:02 PM
Oct 2022
The animation is good, but the plot is still iffy.
Jan 9, 11:16 PM
Mar 2019
it was chaos i didn't understand the first like 10 minutes
Jan 10, 5:11 PM
Jun 2022
Would be good if not for the dogshit CGI they used, even with the bad animation it’s still bound to be better than record of ragnarok at least
Jan 10, 6:15 PM

Sep 2016
When the first thing you see starting the episode, is a bunch of CGI crowd, yuck, not a good way to start.

People designs in general was quite weird so I had to look it up, and nope, it doesn't have any staff in common, but they definitely used the same technique of Tsuki ga Kirei (3d models with drawing painted on top of it) for the character animation.
Will have to get used to the polygons. Still better than actual bad CGI, though.
Wish all CGI was this instead of the garbage we usually get.

The faces are wonky though. I get that people's faces aren't 100% symmetric, but this is way too much in the other direction. Also cross eyed moments, lmao.

Anyway, when the robot dismembering scene started, I immediately dropped my expectations for this...it's bad.
Gore for the sake of gore, and it doesn't actually feel shocking to see. The screams of agony being emotionless don't help at all.
I wonder where the budget of this went.
Maybe on Yuno's VA, because she conveys the emotions quite right.

They tried to pull a reverse drifters, but it's kinda trash.

"The visitors from the other world use the laws of physics to fight"
*proceeds to use a free falling object as a jumping platform to boost upwards*
...I'm not sure about that one chief, that's literally against the laws of physics.

Anyway I'm intrigued by MC so I won't be dropping this...yet.
FullyChargedJan 10, 6:26 PM
bruh
Jan 11, 1:10 AM

Oct 2018
The first 4 shots being filled with CG crowd along with the dusty comp is NOT how you start an anime. But other than that, it's quite entertaining, surprised at how decent the CG action was until I saw Sanzigen in the credits, that checks out.
Jan 11, 11:59 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
intense and bloody first episde!
the golem tearing off limbs...extreme!
kekeke
Jan 12, 12:56 PM

Jun 2023
I can't handle this much cgi
Jan 12, 8:43 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn that brutality right off the bats caught me off guard lol

Unbelievable to see Kaji served the swordman va.

The girl is also doing fine and now served to accompany the swordman into the city of all great warriors around the world, and distant wolrd.

Still unknown about the true context of this series story. Battle royal to choose the demon king? Because all of it seems just randomly appears. But looking at all the action, i feel like its not bad for me to list it in my winter season watching.

A little edit: I just realized, the girl whose brutally death on the beginning by random bot named Lucelles, which also can be pronounced as Useless. Which actually makes sense considering her character just died right on the beginning. That is ridiculously genius, ngl xd
badabassJan 12, 10:49 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 14, 4:39 AM
Dec 2021
It was really trash
Jan 15, 7:12 AM

Oct 2022
so gore drama started, well !
yet another absolute abomination created by a dumbfu*k Idiot with terrible writing and only rely on brutality killing woman to rage bait masochism viewer to watch ?
drop this stinky garbage for sure
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ishura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

57 by romzanalimohon »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

58 by romzanalimohon »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

» WHEN DOES YUNO DIE

Youbamii - Mar 27

2 by TechOtaku »»
Apr 29, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6

45 by MegamiRem »»
Apr 29, 6:42 AM

Poll: » Ishura Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jan 10

97 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 4:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.